Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 9, 2015 11:52 PM
Jun 2013
great backstory. Loved the diane and king bonding. Also finally we get a reason for giving a sin title instead of "hey it sounds cool and wow king had to kill his best friend another time.
Dec 2, 2015 1:45 AM

Jul 2013
after seeing that backstory.. shouldn't Diane be in loved with King instead of Meliodas? It seems like she forgot about Harlequin but how and why?

yeah Meliodas! kick his ass.
Dec 20, 2015 2:59 AM

Dec 2012
Lil big Diane is kawaii!!!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 25, 2015 3:06 PM

Mar 2014
wow, that was really beautifully written.
Jan 4, 2016 3:54 PM
Jan 2016
So anybody understand why it appear helbram was killed twice
Jan 24, 2016 11:12 PM

Oct 2008
[Chyuu] is slowly catching-up!
That was a very solid back story of King (Harlequin) Diane & Helbram!
King is really strong (since he is the Fairy King) and didn't even struggle on the fight with Helbram!
Meliodas is here with a very good full counter entrance!
This will be a good fight vs Hendrickson!
5/5!

Feb 3, 2016 10:07 AM

Dec 2012
This is an important lesson - that even giant lolis are lolis. They are no exceptions to the cute overload.

That was a really heavy episode. Considering how the sins play fundamental roles in the characters' backstories, I was wondering how sloth factored in for King. All of that weight has been on his shoulders for centuries as he lost everything precious to the passage of time. I would definitely say King's is the most powerful past so far. It also reaffirms that this show is infinitely better when Eliza-tool and Porky aren't hogging up screen time.
Mar 6, 2016 2:25 AM

Sep 2012
Great episode...................
Mar 6, 2016 6:03 AM

Feb 2013
King x Diane. Nuff said.

; A ;;;;;;;;;;;;;; WAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
✈️
Mar 13, 2016 3:40 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, this arc has been great in terms of characters and progression. The major arc that changes everything. Great build up and so far, its paying off.
Apr 13, 2016 6:29 AM

Mar 2014
All about the promising acts that shall leads to fulfillment ~ .
Diane and King were able to retain their passage of time ~ . Diane Kawaii ~ !!
The Hundreds of years of sufferings was now patronized for the better .
Respect . And it is also for the better . Let fate decides .
VERY GREAT EPISODE .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2016 11:13 PM

Jan 2010
I don't know when, where, or how, but Seven Deadly Sins started becoming a very interesting show. For some reason, I'm really getting into this series. At first, I didn't respect it at first as it seemed like a quirky action/comedy/adventure type of show with a party gathering focus - a setup that didn't get me particularly hyped. At some point though, it caught my attention, and here I am giving it my full attention. There are subtle moves going about with foreshadowing that I'm noticing as reveals come and go. I don't pay attention to action much in anime anymore, so a series would need extra stuff to get me interested. Seven Deadly Sins has done that through diverse character motivations clashing with each other, of which aren't distinctly good or evil, and I appreciate that. Yeah, this series is a keeper.
May 17, 2016 9:37 AM

Feb 2016
some background story given, that is mostly related to king and diane. i still don't understand how things would work out between a giant and a normal human when they decide to interreact physically with each other.

as i had predicted - helbram is one hell of an antagonist (Y)
May 17, 2016 10:28 AM

Feb 2016
the animation during the fight between gilthunder and hendricks towards the end was amazing.
Jun 1, 2016 6:03 PM

Jun 2013
I like seeing their backstories more than the present story as of the moment. It's nice to see where they came from. Young Diane and King were so cute. I felt sorry for her when King left her.

So THAT guy was Helbram.

I'd say this is one of the best episodes I've seen after being frustrated for the past couple of episodes.

I don't ship any of the stupid couples in this series but I'd say the more genuine relationships is the one between King and Diane. It's pretty unique, a giant and a fairy. I hope she remembers King.
臭い-
Jun 1, 2016 10:50 PM
Dec 2015
This was a very cute episode, showing King's and Diane's past. It was adorable and sad at the same time. King, why didn't you tell Diane of the past dude.
Jul 9, 2016 8:48 AM

Jan 2016
Best episode so far
Jul 10, 2016 10:15 AM

Apr 2013
Lots of backstory on King and Diane, I hope that Helbram guy is dead for good now!
Jul 28, 2016 11:46 AM

Feb 2015
Really liked King's backstory, he's a pretty old guy even if he doesn't look like it, lol.
Sep 25, 2016 12:08 AM

May 2013
AWWWWHHHHHHH, that DianeXKing background storyyyyyyy TT^TT

If he hadn't erased her memories of him, maybe she would've fallen for him D;

But then again, if two people were meant to be in love with each other, then they would end up together in every single circumstance in any alternate/parallel universe/lifetime
Nov 4, 2016 7:43 PM

Sep 2015
Dam that was a heck of a back story. Helbram :0 you thought those humans were good and got the goods from them then they betrayed you and ripped the fairies wings making you hate humans. Sad how King had to put that flower thing to erase Diane's memories of him to prevent her from being lonely but at least he kept his promise to her by loving her forever. King prob has the saddest life in this story. Let's hope Diane remembers one day. Rip Helbram (King's Best Friend) & Grandson of the Old Guy who gave soup to them and helped Diane when she was sick😭😭😭😭😭
Jan 2, 2017 3:37 PM

Dec 2015
I enjoyed this episode, it was nice to know about Diane's and King's past. Diane was adorable as a kid :33
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 1, 2017 11:08 AM

Dec 2016
I really like how they compared the length of lives between humans and fairies/giants. It was pretty interesting to see
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 17, 2017 4:42 PM

May 2015
Glad that Diane didn’t spent all of her life alone like she thinks… also glad that King didn’t abandon her sis and citizens on purpose (he had amnesia) but damn he has so far, the most painful past of all of the Seven Deadly Sins. Think about it…

1.Fairy King Harlequin abandons her sis and the place he was supposed to protect unintentionally but nonetheless because of him leaving his sis ended dead.
2. He did not/could not rescue his best friend.
3.King could not recall who he was and why he is was in a foreign place,
4.When he finally began to see that not all humans are bad Helbram showed up and killed his new friends.
5.He killed his friends not once but twice… the first time when he finds that he was alive but mad because of a human betrayal and he went on a human killing spree for decades.
6.He made his love of her life forget about him (so she could not be sad) but broke her promise went he returned to his hometown.
7.He saw his hometown in ruins & his sister died thus he blame himself for that (he could not protect what it was most precious to him).
8.Talking about killing her friend twice because of his promise and Helbram madness he finished him for good.
9.He lied to Diane his love one again telling her that her recollection of the name Harlequin must have been a dream of her.

Poor Dude... but because of his conviction he soared in my likable character list in this anime.
May 5, 2017 2:26 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Great backstory, was expecting to be a more boring episode, and was proved wrong, made me care for Diane and King alot more than I though possible, since I never felt much about them before.
Jun 14, 2017 2:33 AM

Jun 2015
Best episode yet
Diane is cute too
Sep 22, 2017 3:07 AM

Feb 2014
Yup, by far the best episode/arc yet. This was even better and more powerful than Ban's backstory episodes.
I hope Diane also (somehow) manages to regain her memories.
Dec 25, 2017 11:14 PM

Jun 2016
Oh, alright. I thought it was Helbram who killed all the fairies clan, but it was the real asshole who Helbram's been using to look like a human. Jesus. Then Helbram killed him.

After King was stabbed and fell into the river, Diane found him and became friends with him. AND OHMYGOD LITTLE DIANNE (NOT REALLY LITTLE) IS SO FUCKING CUUUUTE. I WANT TO SMOTHER HER WITH MY LOVE. WAAAAH. So, King and Diane already knew each other back then. Like they literally grew up together. The time with King like how fast the time flies in fairy time is messing me up. Reminds me of Interstellar. Hehe. Sucks that King chose to erase Diane's memory of his. I'm not okay.

"Harlequin, do you love me? I want you to always love me."
"I promise. I'll love you forever."

I mean, you don't have to ask King to love you always because he's always in love with you, Diane. Huhuhu. My fucking heart.

RIP, HELBRAM! That was fast. ;-; And how come he's alive when King killed him already back then? What.

Idk why, but Arthur and Meliodas sounds the same that I think Kaji-kyun voiced them both. [EDIT] Alright, I'm wrong. Haha. But I swear they sound the same. Haha.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Mar 5, 2018 11:31 AM

Dec 2009
Dammit King stop making me like you so much.

So Diane and King have history too. No wonder he loves her so much.

Poor Helbram. A victim of circumstance and greed.
May 23, 2018 4:52 PM

Mar 2016
This backstory is BRILLIANT! This episode really explained and connect the events and relationships surrounding King. Everything related to him is revealed. Though they never explained how Helbram is still alive after King killed him with that flower!

Man the fight between King and Helbram should not really be called a fight. King was basically freeing Helbram from his unstoppable killing frenzy, as a result of what the humans did to other fairies. Ironically, Helbram himself disguises as a human to work with the humans, only to kill humans while doing the knights' duty.

All those hundreds of years, King spending and living his life with Diane while he still has amnesia made them an actual couple huh. It's really sad to see that King have to erase all those joyful memories from Diane so that he can face the consequences that the kingdom then gives to him for committing crimes he did not commit! If Diane still has her memories, who knows how close their relationship will be in the present!?

I am now really starting to think that the Sins that the 7 Deadly sins committed are not actually directly or intentionally committed by them, rather an event made them involuntarily commit their sins, followed by the kingdom who punish them for sins that they didn't actually do.
For example Ban was not Greedy & King was not Lazy I don't know about the rest yet though...
ShadowkillZMay 24, 2018 12:30 AM
Oct 2, 2018 11:18 PM

Sep 2011
OMG Kid Diane was so cute. So she and King known each other since she was a kid.

I liked the flashback, it was really touching. And now we know King's sin.
Oct 11, 2018 6:46 PM
Aug 2018
Does anyone know what the ost towards the end of the episode is called? I really like it but I can't for my life find it!
Mar 3, 2019 12:14 AM

Nov 2013
King and Diane's backstory was great. The way they depicted the passage of time for fairies was beautiful.

Loli Diane was one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

That twist tho. I thought for sure that was Helbram who wounded King on that cliff.

The fight between King and Helbram could've been better. The animation was pretty average and it had too much shouting for my liking.

RIP Helbram. You had the potential to be a great villain, but your motives were uninspired.

Hendrickson seems overpowered af. He had the motherfucking king of Camelot on the ropes until Mel showed up.

Great episode overall. 8.5/10
FunnyRatmanMar 3, 2019 12:25 AM

Mar 8, 2019 8:43 PM

Jun 2015
Not good with Melodias x Elizabeth so far but King x Diane can hop on board
Aug 2, 2019 8:03 PM

Jul 2016
Diane is so cute in this episodeeeee
Mar 22, 2020 4:03 PM

Mar 2019
Whyyy,why didn't you tell Diane you werew Harlequinn.....I hate these moments.Just tell her,pleasee!!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 5, 2020 1:53 PM

May 2018
Dammit King, just tell Diane that you are Harlequin
Jan 1, 2023 11:12 AM

Mar 2010
Whoa I lowkey want big gal with fairy lad, but too bad diane already is baring my children ^_-

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 17, 2023 4:22 PM
Apr 2023
Kings backstory is still sad and sweet, but seeing it for the fourth time doesn’t hit as hard as the first time. Still very enjoyable though.
Jan 21, 7:31 PM

Sep 2023
😭 Why did King tell her it was a dream? I don't understand the rationale, even if it's because he couldn't keep the promise, why wouldn't he want those precious memories they had when they were young to be remembered by Diane? Fuuuuuck man, so much feels here...
Jan 21, 7:32 PM

Sep 2023
😭 Why did King tell her it was a dream? I don't understand the rationale, even if it's because he couldn't keep the promise, why wouldn't he want those precious memories they had when they were young to be remembered by Diane? Fuuuuuck man, so much feels here...
2 hours ago

Jan 2016
What a great backstory. I feel so sad for King. Lost his sister, friends, village, best friend, and even had to do something to Diane’s memory to make her forget him. Dudes been through a lot

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2015

131 by Rithic »»
Jun 5, 1:17 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2015

134 by Rithic »»
May 27, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2014

328 by ProzmicDoed »»
May 27, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2015

175 by SilverHawk13 »»
Apr 11, 11:29 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2014

114 by borodino21 »»
Apr 7, 12:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.