Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 7, 2015 1:48 PM

May 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
KamiAlice said:
Not gonna lie people's complaints against this show have gotten worse and worse that it sounds like people don't even know what proper analysis even is. I mean I have the same people saying there was no character development before complaining this episode when they had character development.

Oh just wait for it someone is going to reply to this saying "but that character development was bad" or some BS along those lines.

Same people who cry out bad writing and their definition to bad writing was "because i find it boring" like there personal preference matters.

They just aren't even really on point or descriptive of things that are happening in the episodes and problems it has. I mean the show does legitimately have glaring problems in terms of storytelling and character portrayal week to week, but most people are stuck making generic copy/paste comments that could apply to just about anything or bickering with each other over the two main characters. It's just so mind numbing stupid and once again follows the seemingly apparent rule nowadays that there's no show that can have legitimate problems and shortcomings on the production end that the fanbase can't somehow find a way to trivialize and fail to reasonably evaluate despite it really not seeming like it would take that much effort really, thus coming across as even more annoying. It's like people just want want to take a couple of minutes to just legitimately think about what they are watching anymore, they'd rather just shitpost and say pointless things on the off chance somebody might find it funny or clever.

What's worse is when there complaints fall along some imagined way the world works. I mean there's people still complaining about how Inaho is a highschooler and how there is no way they would have highschool soldiers ect ect ect.
Even though he's probably like 18 or 19 now because of the time gap.
Do these people know history? Do they know there were some heroes during WW1 and 2 who were 12 years old?

This episode did shoot for character development. Whether somebody found it good or not is totally up for them to decide but if you're going to lean one way another in the thread would it REALLY hurt that much to personalize it to some degree with a followup as to why one feels one way or another and make it more interesting for people to read instead of just posting for postings sake? Or has the quality and level of discussion that people are willing to commit to on anime just fallen off that bloody hard?

Exactly, can't they something more than "its boring."

I mean I personally liked the character development here especially on Rayets part. Inaho it's a given that we're getting more and more into how he thinks, but It was nice to see how incredibly broken Rayet is. Sure she's been giving her "all martians must die" line every once in a while, but for the most part she seemed to be ok with everything. This episode proved otherwise, she's still hates herself as much as everyone else.
Is it the best? Obviously not, but it's good enough for now especially her being a side character.
KamiCityFeb 7, 2015 1:59 PM
Feb 7, 2015 1:49 PM

Feb 2014
Good guy Inaho releasing the martian.
Feb 7, 2015 1:52 PM

Oct 2014
i like Inaho, but idgaf what happens to him at this point, but if something happens to Yuki im gonna regret watching this ._.
Feb 7, 2015 1:52 PM

Jan 2015
is a rare find indeed in an anime, a character that has the same ideals, the same motivations, the same obsessions, same estupides, and on behalf of his obsession kill people and destroy the world. in less than two years, we have a mecha anime, both antagonist, has exactly the same caracteristisca and motivations, so it shows a lack of creativity, writers today.
Not even seek to change the motivations and obsessions. this is worse than cliche
Feb 7, 2015 2:00 PM

Apr 2008
KamiAlice said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

They just aren't even really on point or descriptive of things that are happening in the episodes and problems it has. I mean the show does legitimately have glaring problems in terms of storytelling and character portrayal week to week, but most people are stuck making generic copy/paste comments that could apply to just about anything or bickering with each other over the two main characters. It's just so mind numbing stupid and once again follows the seemingly apparent rule nowadays that there's no show that can have legitimate problems and shortcomings on the production end that the fanbase can't somehow find a way to trivialize and fail to reasonably evaluate despite it really not seeming like it would take that much effort really, thus coming across as even more annoying. It's like people just want want to take a couple of minutes to just legitimately think about what they are watching anymore, they'd rather just shitpost and say pointless things on the off chance somebody might find it funny or clever.

What's worse is when there complaints fall along some imagined way the world works. I mean there's people still complaining about how Inaho is a highschooler and how there is no way they would have highschool soldiers ect ect ect.
Do these people know history? Do they know there were some heroes during WW1 and 2 who were 12 years old?

This episode did shoot for character development. Whether somebody found it good or not is totally up for them to decide but if you're going to lean one way another in the thread would it REALLY hurt that much to personalize it to some degree with a followup as to why one feels one way or another and make it more interesting for people to read instead of just posting for postings sake? Or has the quality and level of discussion that people are willing to commit to on anime just fallen off that bloody hard?

I mean I personally liked the character development here especially on Rayets part. Inaho it's a given that we're getting more and more into how he thinks, but It was nice to see how incredibly broken Rayet is. Sure she's been giving her "all martians must die" line every once in a while, but for the most part she seemed to be ok with everything. This episode proved otherwise, she's still hates herself as much as everyone else.
Is it the best? Obviously not, but it's good enough for now especially her being a side character.

And the fact that Rayet hates herself already puts her leagues above Slaine. She's fully aware of what she's done and is tormented by it even if she keeps it in most of the time.
Feb 7, 2015 2:05 PM

Apr 2011
That hand gesture :P

Someone's about to get SLAINED :3
Feb 7, 2015 2:08 PM

Nov 2012
R- said:
Rayet is such a hottie
yup, confirmed by inko and... uhh who is that one random girl?
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Feb 7, 2015 2:08 PM

Oct 2007
KamiAlice said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Well my problem isn't so much that Inaho is a student, I mean student hero pilots have been the norm for mecha anime since its inception. My problem is that he's so inexplicably absurdly competent right from the get go despite minimal experience in simulation to the point where he's the only person on Earth capable of not only fighting against the invades but pretty much entirely overwhelming them by himself at this point that it overshadows the rest of the cast and makes me wonder why it even bothers having them. I mean yeah you have episodes like this one to remind you that they exist but its debatable how much it'll accomplish and I can pretty much expect it to go right back into the Inaho and Slaine show as soon as the combat heats up again.

It just makes no sense to me why you would have a recurring cast the size that this one does and then just barely give them anything to do the majority of the time other than to be used to demonstrate how awesome Inaho and Slaine are.

seujair31 said:
is a rare find indeed in an anime, a character that has the same ideals, the same motivations, the same obsessions, same estupides, and on behalf of his obsession kill people and destroy the world. in less than two years, we have a mecha anime, both antagonist, has exactly the same caracteristisca and motivations, so it shows a lack of creativity, writers today.
Not even seek to change the motivations and obsessions. this is worse than cliche

Well both shows pretty much unabashedly borrow heavily from Gundam tropes albeit being on the much shorter side (15 episodes for BC, 24 for Aldnoah) so its little surprise. One of the biggest differences between BC and this show you neglect to mention though is that show had a female character in Hina that was capable of holding her own and had her own character arc while this one just chosen to have Asseylum struggle and fail to make a difference polticially and then stuck her in a tank for what so far has been almost half this season. I wonder if Sora Amamiya has anything to say about this or if something happened that is limiting her ability to play the character as its just incredibly unusual to have the female lead in a show like this just such a total non-entity.
PeacingOutFeb 7, 2015 2:18 PM
Feb 7, 2015 2:22 PM

Jan 2015
Kaioshin_Sama said:
seujair31 said:

Real suffering was Leon Garo
the misfortunes and sufferings Leon now, are infinitely greater than Slaine.
Leon is just... suffering. Loses he mother, His father is a bum who spends money on prostitutes, and stole married women had no home, loses his armor, tried to suicide,
Leon despite all the misfortunes and having lost everything, was man enough, recognizing their mistakes, apologizing, and reconhecedo their weaknesses and failures.

totally unlike Slaine, who always had the attention and treatment especias princess, unlike other soldiers, Slaine, who did all wrong, not admitted his guilt, had power-ups, ability to unexplained pilitagen, won a super mecha, a title gentleman given by Saazbaum killed Saazbaum the man who has always been honest with him about his intentions, winning a title of Count. Everything in greater softness in the typical cliche power-ups.
Have Leon Leon already acknowledged their mistakes, apologized, admitted his faults,found a reason to live and a new family, lost everything again, and his new family and his love, murdered by a horror.
Leon started again from scratch, without the damn cliches power-ups that had Slaine.

Leon from Garo actually has a functional character arc that makes sense in show as well as a functional and developed supporting cast around him (like German, Aflonso and Emma) to interact with and learn things from as opposed to just look down and be propped up by like Inaho and Slaine are with their supporting cast. His character arc as Garo clearly isn't just made up on the fly and filled with tons of holes or unclarified information that may or may not be explained in the manga that came with the shows second volume ala Slaine. There's very little about Slaine's character and role in the show that feels natural to me in terms of how he's emerged as the main antagonist, it just seems like they decided that this season he will fill that role and finagled the script that way in order to achieve it. Waste of a character in Sauzbaum, but then Cruhteo was a waste of a character as was Marito for the Earth side and pretty much every adult character whose potential was sacrificed by this show in order to just become plot devices to show over and over again how awesome Inaho and Slaine are. Like if you're any character in this show other than those too you might as well not even really matter except for fan service or as a plot device.

Also just so this is clear, both Inaho and Slaine are equally poorly handled lead characters as is pretty much the whole cast in this show. IMO this is just not how you are supposed to run a show where the supporting cast at large is just utterly meaningless past their introductions at best and incapable of doing anything without the two male leads being there to essentially do it for them.

+1

So much sense/logic in this post, yo.
Feb 7, 2015 2:24 PM

Jan 2015
PancakesAndStuff said:
Tokoya said:
We live in a world where exposition and character development = Boring/Shit

So we live in a world where exposition and character development automatically means something is good? No. That's Bull-Fucking-Shit. People will like character development and exposition when character development and exposition is done well. Like, say, in Episode 2 of Zankyou no Terror, which as a whole, I wouldn't praise, but the exposition is still done well. Or character development in Hunter x Hunter, where the motives of its characters are mostly believable, and their actions change logically when it needs to.

Your argument is simpleminded, by assuming that what you have said is a valid rebuttal, when A/Z is indeed boring to others. Having character development and exposition does not mean something is good or enjoyable. If I would have judged Pupa based on if it had character development and exposition, than it would have a higher score. But no, I did not. I judged it, taking into account how well, or in this case shitty, the exposition and character development is done.

It is not just the fanboys and haters, but the weak arguments against haters or criticism, the weak motives by haters, and the weak arguments by the critics, that makes MyAnimeList such a big joke to many.

+1

Exactly.
Feb 7, 2015 2:24 PM

Mar 2013
CookingPriest said:
Great character development for Inaho and Rayet as character. Also I guess Inaho is setting up saving Asseylum's this way. I can't wait.

Slaine continues to be obsessive stalker. Next episode he'll just use the curly as a stepping stone to further strengthen his position as space stalin.

So does that make Saazbaum Space Trotsky?
Feb 7, 2015 2:25 PM

Jan 2015
Kaioshin_Sama said:
KamiAlice said:

Well my problem isn't so much that Inaho is a student, I mean student hero pilots have been the norm for mecha anime since its inception. My problem is that he's so inexplicably absurdly competent right from the get go despite minimal experience in simulation to the point where he's the only person on Earth capable of not only fighting against the invades but pretty much entirely overwhelming them by himself at this point that it overshadows the rest of the cast and makes me wonder why it even bothers having them. I mean yeah you have episodes like this one to remind you that they exist but its debatable how much it'll accomplish and I can pretty much expect it to go right back into the Inaho and Slaine show as soon as the combat heats up again.

It just makes no sense to me why you would have a recurring cast the size that this one does and then just barely give them anything to do the majority of the time other than to be used to demonstrate how awesome Inaho and Slaine are.

seujair31 said:

Well both shows pretty much unabashedly borrow heavily from Gundam tropes albeit being on the much shorter side (15 episodes for BC, 24 for Aldnoah) so its little surprise. One of the biggest differences between BC and this show you neglect to mention though is that show had a female character in Hina that was capable of holding her own and had her own character arc while this one just chosen to have Asseylum struggle and fail to make a difference polticially and then stuck her in a tank for what so far has been almost half this season. I wonder if Sora Amamiya has anything to say about this or if something happened that is limiting her ability to play the character as its just incredibly unusual to have the female lead in a show like this just such a total non-entity.

the problems of mecha anime nowadays, is when they come off of the genre, and to run for scientific fantasy, when robots have ridiculous skills, and power-up.
in recent years werent liked the remastering Uchuu senkan Yamato 2199, and Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince because the battles, which were fantastic and very well animated. on Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince the aliens strands of wulgar, and his desgner, inclussive cockpit, are very similar.
I recently watched buddy-complex, and the similarities of Bizon and Slaine characters are frightening, same ideals, the same obsession with a woman, and on behalf of that obsession be able to distruir the world, both went crazy because of his obsession. is scary.
What is your favorite mecha anime
Feb 7, 2015 2:29 PM

Jan 2015
Savethebestforu said:
Pretty boring and disappointing episode overall on both sides. I actually liked the interrogation scenes with Inaho and the count, but everything else was pretty unnecessary. Did Inaho just free probably the only count Earth has captured? Shouldn't that be the death penalty or something? It really breaks my immersion when he can just do whatever he wants when he feels like it in a military setting. The bird scene was nice as an insight to how far Slaine has fallen. Next episode should be interesting.

At this point, is there really a purpose to the side characters on earth? I feel like they show them for no reason other to remind us that they are still there. Inko is reaching Orihime Inoue levels of saying Inaho 10x every episode. Nina is basically non-existent, and acts like she forgets there is a war going on. Both of them, including the "can't get date" girl worrying about getting fat...Ok, whatever. Marito's main conflict has been dealt with, so I guess he's in the backseat until the final episodes. The commander girl and her assistant are in the show whenever they want to make the "you can't get a date" gag. Calm is a non-entity.

Don't even get me started on Rayet. I loved her character in the beginning, but the way they are making her so dependent on Inaho is pretty dumb. Inaho shouldn't have the answers to everything she is going through. She should have to find the strength to grow herself, and not be "saved" by Inaho. Not to mention basically the only dialogue scenes she gets are "DURRR MARTIANS MUST DIE". She's been a non-character since her attempted murder on Asseylum, and it's pretty infuriating. There is nothing profound about her thinking or her words, she is just serving as...I don't even know? Like, where are they going with her character?

+1

So much truth.
Feb 7, 2015 2:29 PM
Jul 2018
Mazuurek is helping Inaho, that was really nice.
Feb 7, 2015 2:30 PM

May 2012
seujair31 said:

the problems of mecha anime nowadays, is when they come off of the genre, and to run for scientific fantasy, when robots have ridiculous skills, and power-up.
in recent years werent liked the remastering Uchuu senkan Yamato 2199, and Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince because the battles, which were fantastic and very well animated. on Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince the aliens strands of wulgar, and his desgner, inclussive cockpit, are very similar.
I recently watched buddy-complex, and the similarities of Bizon and Slaine characters are frightening, same ideals, the same obsession with a woman, and on behalf of that obsession be able to distruir the world, both went crazy because of his obsession. is scary.

You do understand what Fiction is right. You do understand that nothing you have mentioned steps away from the realm of fiction right? You do understand that Fantasy is a subset of fiction right?
Here's i'll define it for you

Fiction: literature in the form of prose, especially short stories and novels, that describes imaginary events and people.

invention or fabrication as opposed to fact.
Feb 7, 2015 2:36 PM

Mar 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Your double standard is showing again.

Amuro, in the original MSG, has literally zero experience even sitting in the seat of a mobile suit, and just by skimming the manual for a few seconds, he's able to single-handedly hold off The Red Comet, and apparently there's no problem with that.

But Inaho, who was shown training in Kataphrakts, being able to hold off ridiculously overconfident opponents by using the others as cannon fodder to observe their blatant weaknesses, is absurdly over-competent and overshadows the rest of the cast?

How does that work?

First of all, he's no longer literally the only person on the planet capable of taking down a Vers Kat. Second, he also relies heavily on the people around him to pull off his plans most of the time; if any of them had screwed up, they would all be dead. The only ones being overshadowed are the redshirts, but they're the redshirts, every series has those.

He's also not exactly overwhelming them since if that were the case, the war would be over by now, or at least going in their favor. At this point he just barely has enough on-screen Kat kills to be considered an ace. Amuro kills more doms in one scene of MSG than Inaho has done in the entire series.
Feb 7, 2015 2:36 PM

May 2012
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Savethebestforu said:
Pretty boring and disappointing episode overall on both sides. I actually liked the interrogation scenes with Inaho and the count, but everything else was pretty unnecessary. Did Inaho just free probably the only count Earth has captured? Shouldn't that be the death penalty or something? It really breaks my immersion when he can just do whatever he wants when he feels like it in a military setting. The bird scene was nice as an insight to how far Slaine has fallen. Next episode should be interesting.

At this point, is there really a purpose to the side characters on earth? I feel like they show them for no reason other to remind us that they are still there. Inko is reaching Orihime Inoue levels of saying Inaho 10x every episode. Nina is basically non-existent, and acts like she forgets there is a war going on. Both of them, including the "can't get date" girl worrying about getting fat...Ok, whatever. Marito's main conflict has been dealt with, so I guess he's in the backseat until the final episodes. The commander girl and her assistant are in the show whenever they want to make the "you can't get a date" gag. Calm is a non-entity.

Don't even get me started on Rayet. I loved her character in the beginning, but the way they are making her so dependent on Inaho is pretty dumb. Inaho shouldn't have the answers to everything she is going through. She should have to find the strength to grow herself, and not be "saved" by Inaho. Not to mention basically the only dialogue scenes she gets are "DURRR MARTIANS MUST DIE". She's been a non-character since her attempted murder on Asseylum, and it's pretty infuriating. There is nothing profound about her thinking or her words, she is just serving as...I don't even know? Like, where are they going with her character?

+1

So much truth.

How exactly is this "So much truth."
If anything it's sad to see how much he misses. Besides subjective criticism, i've yet to see him provide anything that can be added to the discussion. His whole post can be summed up in a few words, "This was boring, because it didn't go in the direction I think is best." Ignoring the fact that the direction he thinks is best are not proper definitions of what good writing or good character development is.

I also find definitions of both what good writing and character development are, to be severely shortsighted.

This pretty much shuts down any and all of his criticism:

fst said:

Amuro, in the original MSG, has literally zero experience even sitting in the seat of a mobile suit, and just by skimming the manual for a few seconds, he's able to single-handedly hold off The Red Comet, and apparently there's no problem with that.

But Inaho, who was shown training in Kataphrakts, being able to hold off ridiculously overconfident opponents by using the others as cannon fodder to observe their blatant weaknesses, is absurdly over-competent and overshadows the rest of the cast?

How does that work?

First of all, he's no longer literally the only person on the planet capable of taking down a Vers Kat. Second, he also relies heavily on the people around him to pull off his plans most of the time; if any of them had screwed up, they would all be dead. The only ones being overshadowed are the redshirts, but they're the redshirts, every series has those.

He's also not exactly overwhelming them since if that were the case, the war would be over by now, or at least going in their favor. At this point he just barely has enough on-screen Kat kills to be considered an ace. Amuro kills more doms in one scene of MSG than Inaho has done in the entire series.
KamiCityFeb 7, 2015 2:43 PM
Feb 7, 2015 2:38 PM

Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
KamiAlice said:

And the fact that Rayet hates herself already puts her leagues above Slaine. She's fully aware of what she's done and is tormented by it even if she keeps it in most of the time.

But she hasn't really done anything....other than attempt to kill Asseylum. Honestly, I only see her as her hating herself because she's a member of the "race" that betrayed her father (even tho, it was kinda obvious that her father knew that was his fate; to tie up all lose ends). It doesn't put her above Slaine in any respect, because she's practically still where she's been, since S1, character-wise. The only difference now is that she's now friendly with 3-4 soldiers, but we never got to see her begin to open up because of how little screen time she's been given. Also, why is Inaho that's get her to reveal her true feelings, but not her closer friends? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Feb 7, 2015 2:40 PM

Jan 2015
KamiAlice said:
seujair31 said:

You do understand what Fiction is right. You do understand that nothing you have mentioned steps away from the realm of fiction right? You do understand that Fantasy is a subset of fiction right?

Fiction: literature in the form of prose, especially short stories and novels, that describes imaginary events and people.

yes but when fiction is very absurd, and exceeds the tolerance, it is no longer considered science fiction, and passes for the fantasy field, which differs comprehensive gender swab, becoming just another fantasy as Power Rangers .
You seem to have that knowledge of area, could exclarecer me that Slaine is not a plagiarism Bizon.

My point is what is the difference between fiction-science, and fantasy-science, are distinct gender.

fiction-science, should cover the field of science, and physics, with logical explanations and knowledge.

fantasy-science, covers absusrdos, super powers, super robots, skills imaginable, something supernatural without logical explanation,
seujair31Feb 7, 2015 2:49 PM
Feb 7, 2015 2:45 PM

Jan 2015
fst said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

How does that work?

Well, don't most treat Amuro the same way most treat Goku? In that he was a pioneer character, that's to be respected, but, in retrospect, was a poorly written character that's not to be emulated too often....let alone in 2014-2015? That's how I see it.

Amuro is an antique, and that's how characters were back in the day. Today, people (should) have higher expectations than what we got before a lot of us were even born.
Feb 7, 2015 2:47 PM

Jun 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:

KamiAlice said:

If anything it's sad to see how much he misses.

I guess it might be sad to you, but I'm still having fun with this show. I just take the show for what it is and think about it critically, but I don't hate it. I think of ways that it could have been better.
Feb 7, 2015 2:51 PM

May 2012
seujair31 said:
KamiAlice said:

yes but when fiction is very absurd, and exceeds the tolerance, it is no longer considered science fiction, and passes for the fantasy field, which differs comprehensive gender swab, becoming just another fantasy as Power Rangers .
You seem to have that knowledge of area, could exclarecer me that Slaine is not a plagiarism Bizon.

My point is what is the difference between fiction-fantasy-science and scientific, are distinct gender.

Fantasy is part of fiction, the only reason there they are even remotely different is because science fiction explores what Might, key word being Might, be scientifically possible although improbable while fantasy explores what is scientifically impossible and improbable. There is very little in this show that cannot be scientifically possible, even Slaines power up fall within the realm of possibilities through science.
Feb 7, 2015 2:52 PM

Jan 2015
Savethebestforu said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

KamiAlice said:

I guess it might be sad to you, but I'm still having fun with this show. I just take the show for what it is and think about it critically, but I don't hate it. I think of ways that it could have been better.

best for you is to plagiarize, another character from another show, even ideals, motivations and obsessions, being the same.
lamentable you criticize and accuse one bad writing character, when your character is an exact copy of a character from another anime.
Feb 7, 2015 2:55 PM

May 2012
Savethebestforu said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

KamiAlice said:

The majority of the plot is moved by the side characters, the only thing Inaho really does is beat the "bad guys." I'm sorry I fail to see how the side character don't do anything.
Unless plot progression and character development equals how many mechs a character kills, then there is no reason to say that the side characters aren't doing their part.

seujair31 said:

best for you is to plagiarize, another character from another show, even ideals, motivations and obsessions, being the same.
lamentable you criticize and accuse one bad writing character, when your character is an exact copy of a character from another anime.

Motivations and Ideals cannot be plagerized, nothing in this show is a direct copy from another show. Maybe a few things are similar but that's about as close as it gets.
Feb 7, 2015 2:55 PM

Jun 2013
seujair31 said:

You've said the exact same thing in every comment. You don't have to repeat yourself, everyone hears what you are saying.
Feb 7, 2015 3:01 PM

Jan 2015

If anything it's sad to see how much he misses. Besides subjective criticism, i've yet to see him provide anything that can be added to the discussion. His whole post can be summed up in a few words, "This was boring, because it didn't go in the direction I think is best." Ignoring the fact that the direction he thinks is best are not proper definitions of what good writing or good character development is.

I also find definitions of both what good writing and character development are, to be severely shortsighted.

This pretty much shuts down any and all of his criticism[/quote]

He is going the "this is boring route", that doesn't change the fact that a lot of what he said is true.

1) Inaho is going to get off easy, despite committing treason for his own personal gain. It's a heavily guarded military setting, yet two young adults can waltz out of that hallway of prisoners with a Vers Knight, and NOBODY (including the prisoners) notice? Well, everyone, but Inaho's comrade who's going to let him off easy.

2) Yes, you could say that saving Asseylum COULD start peaceful negotiations, but seeing how indoctrinated her people are due to her father, I doubt she'd have any success. Hell, open civil war could erupt between those who hate the Imperial family, and those loyal to them despite their transgressions.

3) He's right that 90% of the side characters have been wasted, or used simply to prop up either Inaho, or Slaine. Saazbaum, Cruheto, Marito, and Yuki the most blatant wastes. Yes, they've gotten SOME moments to shine, but, other than maybe Rayet, their moments in the spotlight are quickly overtaken by Slaine and Inaho.
Feb 7, 2015 3:02 PM

Jan 2015
Savethebestforu said:
seujair31 said:

You've said the exact same thing in every comment. You don't have to repeat yourself, everyone hears what you are saying.

He'll repeat his blabbering Slaine-hate regardless. It's best to just move on from him.
Feb 7, 2015 3:02 PM

Jan 2015
Savethebestforu said:
seujair31 said:

but it seems that you do not hear, and so continues to criticize Inaho, but you can see in something like plagiarism, and still claiming that his character had development and was well written, when siplesmente used Ctr + C in Bizon, and Ctr + V Slaine in aldnoah.zero.
regrettable your taste evaluation, and description of writing, characters and if ressume only to your personal taste.
Feb 7, 2015 3:04 PM

Mar 2013
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
fst said:

How does that work?

Well, don't most treat Amuro the same way most treat Goku? In that he was a pioneer character, that's to be respected, but, in retrospect, was a poorly written character that's not to be emulated too often....let alone in 2014-2015? That's how I see it.

Amuro is an antique, and that's how characters were back in the day. Today, people (should) have higher expectations than what we got before a lot of us were even born.

Gundam always does the falling into the cockpit thing, but level of success at first varies. Amuro was ridiculously skilled off the bat. Kamille was too, but he at least had experience piloting suits. Judau fell flat on his face. I'm pretty sure Quess was also far too skilled. Seabook also did better than he had any right to. Banagher did ok, but he also had experience, and the NTD does the heavy lifting at first.

It goes back and forth, as you can see. But the most highly regarded installments generally avoid that.

That aside, Amuro was never that big of a deal, since Char always stole the show. Perhaps certain elements of his character in 0079 are not to be emulated, but in Zeta and CCA Amuro was a badass and a legitimately memorable character in his own right.
Feb 7, 2015 3:04 PM

Jan 2015
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Savethebestforu said:

He'll repeat his blabbering Slaine-hate regardless. It's best to just move on from him.

and you repeated ilove God-Slaine-sama as it does in all his post
Feb 7, 2015 3:06 PM

Jan 2015
seujair31 said:
Savethebestforu said:

but it seems that you do not hear, and so continues to criticize Inaho, but you can see in something like plagiarism, and still claiming that his character had development and was well written, when siplesmente used Ctr + C in Bizon, and Ctr + V Slaine in aldnoah.zero.
regrettable your taste evaluation, and description of writing, characters and if ressume only to your personal taste.

Inaho is very similar to Kirito, but whatever.

You must not watch a lot of anime if you don't think that many anime/manga don't have very similar characters, or similar archetypes, at this point. The shonen genre is full of the same shit.

Anyways, this is all I'll say to you. Maybe if you can respond beyond Inaho love, and/or Slaine hate, and be unbiased, we can have a conversation.
Feb 7, 2015 3:10 PM

Nov 2011
GJ Inaho with recruiting Mazuurek! Let's hope they don't kill him, but they probably will. Cruhteo also died soon after showing some decency.

Slaine is in full creep mode. He's disgusting keeping the Princess imprisoned like that.

#TeamInahoFTW

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Feb 7, 2015 3:12 PM

Jan 2015
fst said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

Gundam always does the falling into the cockpit thing, but level of success at first varies. Amuro was ridiculously skilled off the bat. Kamille was too, but he at least had experience piloting suits. Judau fell flat on his face. I'm pretty sure Quess was also far too skilled. Seabook also did better than he had any right to. Banagher did ok, but he also had experience, and the NTD does the heavy lifting at first.

It goes back and forth, as you can see. But the most highly regarded installments generally avoid that.

That aside, Amuro was never that big of a deal, since Char always stole the show. Perhaps certain elements of his character in 0079 are not to be emulated, but in Zeta and CCA Amuro was a badass and a legitimately memorable character in his own right.

Well, I pretty much agree with everything you've said. This must be why Gundam Build Fighter is so popular; it's something different after literally 20+ of most of the same thing (not saying they're bad; just very similar).

Also, I do agree that Amuro was a badass in Zeta and CCA, but Goku was badass back in the day too, but that doesn't mean he's a good character by today's standards.
Feb 7, 2015 3:13 PM

May 2012
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

This pretty much shuts down any and all of his criticism

He is going the "this is boring route", that doesn't change the fact that a lot of what he said is true.

1) Inaho is going to get off easy, despite committing treason for his own personal gain. It's a heavily guarded military setting, yet two young adults can waltz out of that hallway of prisoners with a Vers Knight, and NOBODY (including the prisoners) notice? Well, everyone, but Inaho's comrade who's going to let him off easy.

2) Yes, you could say that saving Asseylum COULD start peaceful negotiations, but seeing how indoctrinated her people are due to her father, I doubt she'd have any success. Hell, open civil war could erupt between those who hate the Imperial family, and those loyal to them despite their transgressions.

3) He's right that 90% of the side characters have been wasted, or used simply to prop up either Inaho, or Slaine. Saazbaum, Cruheto, Marito, and Yuki the most blatant wastes. Yes, they've gotten SOME moments to shine, but, other than maybe Rayet, their moments in the spotlight are quickly overtaken by Slaine and Inaho.[/quote]

On who's authority is it true? Yours? Since when do you decide what is boring? If you find it boring or not doesn't make it true or false. It's pure subjectivity.

1) This happened at the end of the episode, we have no clue if it will be found out or not. Inko found out, now we have no clue what it's going to do to her mentality and if it's going to affect her character development in anyway. Plus how "heavily guarded" could in area be when we already know for a fact that the earth forces are low on personel.

So not true, mere speculation.

2) Maybe so, but civil war might be beneficial to an already beaten earth force. The princess might not be able to start peaceful negotiations between all of Vers and Earth, but an alliance between the Earth forces and whatever group joins with the princess is plausable.

3) The majority of the plot is moved by the side characters, what exactly has Inaho done to move the plot forward?
Feb 7, 2015 3:14 PM
Sep 2014
linchpin said:
GJ Inaho with recruiting Mazuurek! Let's hope they don't kill him, but they probably will. Cruhteo also died soon after showing some decency.

Slaine is in full creep mode. He's disgusting keeping the Princess imprisoned like that.

#TeamInahoFTW

Don't tell me Asseylum is in a coma involintary and not in a coma due to Saazbaums actions.
Feb 7, 2015 3:15 PM

Nov 2012
This ep was actually my fav since the second season. Did you guys see how they upped the quality of the fanservice?

Half joking.

Aside from better fan service, I liked how in the whole bird thing about the princess being a beauty trapped in a cage they subtly added that the wheel chair chick is like a penguin with wings but can't fly, with feet but can't walk. I also like the Inaho and Yuki moment.
Jaywalker.
Feb 7, 2015 3:17 PM

Apr 2012
build-up episode is better than action episode actually
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Feb 7, 2015 3:17 PM

May 2012
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

Except he's not, given that Kirito can just stand there and beat everyone while Inaho has only won one battle without using those around him, but hey I still hear people say Shirou from FSN is exactly like Kirito, so I guess people will just imagine similarities in order to make it fit.
Feb 7, 2015 3:18 PM

Nov 2012
Epicenter said:
This ep was actually my fav since the second season. Did you guys see how they upped the quality of the fanservice?

Half joking.

Aside from better fan service, I liked how in the whole bird thing about the princess being a beauty trapped in a cage they subtly added that the wheel chair chick is like a penguin with wings but can't fly, with feet but can't walk. I also like the Inaho and Yuki moment.

And by fav I mean the only one I liked*
Jaywalker.
Feb 7, 2015 3:23 PM
Dec 2012
Anyone else think it was weird how willing mazuurek cooperated? Like i feel were missing a scene between the one where inaho is interrogating him and the scene where rayet shows up. He calls inaho a liar and doesnt believe hims in the first scene but suddenly starts listening to him in the first scene. Also it seems like he knew try were breaking him out. Did they go back and tell him later?
monkeys
Feb 7, 2015 3:28 PM

Jul 2007
KamiAlice said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

Except he's not, given that Kirito can just stand there and beat everyone while Inaho has only won one battle without using those around him, but hey I still hear people say Shirou from FSN is exactly like Kirito, so I guess people will just imagine similarities in order to make it fit.

except that he can't ?

Anime failed to showcase that but Kirito trained his ass to be the way he is, to the point that he can barely function in real world society still having nightmares from all the shit he has to do or survive. .And half the time he is cheating or exploiting weaknesses instead of winning by pure strength, not to mention that most of frontlines can match him.

Let's not defend a character and then turn around and show the same treatment you are defending a character from to another character.
Feb 7, 2015 3:40 PM

Jan 2015
leelee619 said:
linchpin said:

#TeamInahoFTW

Don't tell me Asseylum is in a coma involintary and not in a coma due to Saazbaums actions.

became clear in this episode, Slaine want to keep the caged princess because she is beautiful, the great Plan of Peace Slaine, is to keep the princess so for him, killing and destroying all that interfere with your obsession
Feb 7, 2015 3:41 PM

Jan 2015
KamiAlice said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

This pretty much shuts down any and all of his criticism

3) He's right that 90% of the side characters have been wasted, or used simply to prop up either Inaho, or Slaine. Saazbaum, Cruheto, Marito, and Yuki the most blatant wastes. Yes, they've gotten SOME moments to shine, but, other than maybe Rayet, their moments in the spotlight are quickly overtaken by Slaine and Inaho.

On who's authority is it true? Yours? Since when do you decide what is boring? If you find it boring or not doesn't make it true or false. It's pure subjectivity.

1) This happened at the end of the episode, we have no clue if it will be found out or not. Inko found out, now we have no clue what it's going to do to her mentality and if it's going to affect her character development in anyway. Plus how "heavily guarded" could in area be when we already know for a fact that the earth forces are low on personel.

So not true, mere speculation.

2) Maybe so, but civil war might be beneficial to an already beaten earth force. The princess might not be able to start peaceful negotiations between all of Vers and Earth, but an alliance between the Earth forces and whatever group joins with the princess is plausable.

3) The majority of the plot is moved by the side characters, what exactly has Inaho done to move the plot forward?[/quote]

First of all, I said he was saying it was boring; not me.

1) Yeah, it was Inko, Inaho's #1 fangirl that found out. She going to confront him, and Rayet, first, as they're her friends, to get their side of the story. Once she sees how determined Inaho is about this, and how Rayet stands with him, she'll either come to see it their way and/or give up, and give Inaho the benefit of the doubt. Why you think anything negative towards Inaho to jeopardize his position at this point, is beyond me. Even if he was put in jail, eventually they'll face a Knight they can't defeat and will be forced to release to save their lives, and thus it'll no longer be sane to punish him for treason.

Yes, it's "speculation" for a military base, during a war against a technologically more advanced enemy, is heavily guarded. It only makes sense that it would be, or that there would at least be people guarding such a high profile prisoner.

2) Civil war would be beneficial for Earth, but not Asseylum, who wants mutual peace. I doubt she'd want her already dying race to hasten the process by killing themselves. Also, it isn't so simple to just assume that all the martians that join Asseylum's side would do so for peace with Earth. They are some that would probably, but it would probably be just because of their loyalty to the crown; them being loyal to her, wouldn't suddenly mean that Terrans are no longer trash to them.

3) Inaho keeps them alive with his skills, and/or tactics. Without Inaho, Inko and friends die in episode 1. Not saying they don't help out sometimes, as I've already said, but major plot points only move as Inaho and Slaine do, at all times. Then there's still the fact that practically everyone is just so inept in comparison. I'd like to see Yuki, or Marito, take out a Knight own their own, or Rayet, and Inko, pull out their own knowledge and/or tactics in a fight, without having their hands held by Inaho. Basically, I like overall competency.
Feb 7, 2015 3:42 PM

Jan 2015
Epicenter said:

Half joking.

Also liked those parts.
Feb 7, 2015 3:45 PM

May 2013
Yuki wants to protect Inaho, but he has his reasons why he wants to save the princess.
This is why Inaho interrogated Count Mazuurek. "Have you sworn loyalty to Princess Asseylum?"
"Princess Asseylum is an impostor." And so Inaho helped Count Mazuurek escape.
And because Rayet helped, she gets a compliment from Inaho. "You're not the same person you were then."

Meanwhile, Slaine's pretty creepy for wanting to keep Princess Asseylum in her cage.
Also, Count Marylcian and Count Barouhcruz are about to cause some trouble.
Up next: Marylcian's Herschel vs Slaine's Tharsis!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Feb 7, 2015 3:49 PM

Jan 2015
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Epicenter said:

Half joking.

Also liked those parts.

also liked that part is the part that reveals the sick intentions of Slaine, and as he sank into his obcções also discovered his great plan, which is the mater caged princess just for him, because she is beautiful in on behalf this plan he had killed and will destroy everything and everyone.
Feb 7, 2015 3:50 PM

Jan 2015
KamiAlice said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

There's no comparison between Shirou and Kirito/Inaho.

I compare them, because Kirito, like Inaho, is simply far and away more competent than almost everyone around them becuz plot convenience. Kirito is the only "beater" amongst the upwards to 2000 beta players that actually has the competence to use what he has due to that advantage. Just like Inaho is apparently the only academy member to learn science and physics, and be able to apply them in battle, as well as out perform everyone with more battle experience becuz he's the MC.

It wouldn't be so off, if they weren't so far above everyone else just cuz.

Shirou doesn't fit that at all.
Feb 7, 2015 3:51 PM
Sep 2014
seujair31 said:
leelee619 said:

became clear in this episode, Slaine want to keep the caged princess because she is beautiful, the great Plan of Peace Slaine, is to keep the princess so for him, killing and destroying all that interfere with your obsession

Boy Asshime is going to be extremly Pissed when she wake's up
Feb 7, 2015 3:59 PM

Jan 2015
leelee619 said:
seujair31 said:

so she will wake up when someone rescue her, ie Slaine know, that Asseylum, it would be against their madness, he knows Asseylum would side of the earth, and try to escape to help the Terrans, so he keeps Asseylum in state induced coma.
So it can mater Asseylum just for him, like a caged bird
Feb 7, 2015 4:04 PM
Sep 2014
seujair31 said:
leelee619 said:

so she will wake up when someone rescue her, ie Slaine know, that Asseylum, it would be against their madness, he knows Asseylum would side of the earth, and try to escape to help the Terrans, so he keeps Asseylum in state induced coma.
So it can mater Asseylum just for him, like a caged bird

What is an in state induced coma
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

566 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.