Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (73) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 5, 2015 8:32 PM

Mar 2008
antonn said:
Is it April yet?

Once it stops being so cold here. So no, not yet.
Reaction Channels for Fate/Stay Night UBW (TV)
first season
second season
Mar 5, 2015 10:58 PM

Jul 2013
antonn said:
Is it April yet?

http://days.to/until/1-april

Mar 5, 2015 11:19 PM

Jan 2011
JabonHR said:
how do you people talk about this shit so often

Bc we love it.

Just finished watching the first season the second time.

After watching it as it aired motivated me to finally read the VN. I couldn't have been more happy with finally pulling the trigger. Having completed everything VN can offer and reading the extra materials (and whatever I needed filled it from the wiki), I feel a whole new perspective. Always loved the series but have a new "love" for it I guess you could say.

I will say this, damn anime only viewers don't get the inner monologue the VN offers and loose so much on character development because so. Still feel the adaptations are near perfect given the medium and respect to audience but damn, you can enjoy the series so much more when you have the knowledge in your head. Just my two cents. Excited for the second cour.

Idk if I was slow but my net play time:
IZEROIIMar 5, 2015 11:26 PM
Mar 6, 2015 1:26 AM

Feb 2009
IZEROII said:
JabonHR said:

Bc we love it.

After watching it as it aired motivated me to finally read the VN. I couldn't have been more happy with finally pulling the trigger. Having completed everything VN can offer and reading the extra materials (and whatever I needed filled it from the wiki), I feel a whole new perspective. Always loved the series but have a new "love" for it I guess you could say.

I will say this, damn anime only viewers don't get the inner monologue the VN offers and loose so much on character development because so. Still feel the adaptations are near perfect given the medium and respect to audience but damn, you can enjoy the series so much more when you have the knowledge in your head. Just my two cents. Excited for the second cour.

Well I'm glad to see people picking up the VN, the anime really doesn't do it justice (so far).

I remember when we've once compared our playtimes we saw a lot of crazy numbers there. I mean, I have 9.5 days (I did reread stuff a few times though) and there were people with a lot more.
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Mar 6, 2015 1:54 AM

May 2014
IZEROII said:

I remember when I came here and people quoted like a week gameplay I was like

Yeah I think I'm just over 3 days lol
Mar 6, 2015 6:10 AM

Oct 2013
I had 7 days i took my sweet time and savored every page.

In order to get the most out of fate/stay you need to become the characters.

Be like water my friend.
Mar 6, 2015 9:17 PM

Apr 2014
IZEROII said:
JabonHR said:

Bc we love it.

Rejoice, for yet another has finished reading the Fate/Stay Night visual novel. Coincidentally, someone I had introduced the VN to had also just finished it, clocking in at a bit over 4 days. And yeah, you can see why some fans really push the VN despite the anime existing. There are numerous subtle yet critical things that are left out that could potential change the perception of the characters and events from the original intent.
Mar 11, 2015 9:30 AM

Jan 2015
When does season 2 return
Mar 11, 2015 9:33 AM

Aug 2014
Grapekiwi said:
When does season 2 return

It hasn't been here yet to "return"

4th of April.
Mar 11, 2015 9:39 AM

Mar 2013
FrozenRemains said:
Alright,why does everyone have moustaches now.

the question that should be asked is why didn't you guys do this in november
Mar 11, 2015 4:49 PM

May 2014
fst said:
FrozenRemains said:
Alright,why does everyone have moustaches now.

the question that should be asked is why didn't you guys do this in november

Freaking thank you.
Mar 12, 2015 11:57 PM

Jul 2013
IZEROII said:
JabonHR said:

Bc we love it.

Haha, that's nothing. On mine, it's over 22 days 10 hours. 'Course, that's partially due to the fact that I've replayed it three times now and partially because I tend to leave it on for background music sometimes...Still counts, I guess?

Mar 13, 2015 2:09 AM

Jul 2007
CarenPriest said:
IZEROII said:

Bc we love it.

Haha, that's nothing. On mine, it's over 22 days 10 hours. 'Course, that's partially due to the fact that I've replayed it three times now and partially because I tend to leave it on for background music sometimes...Still counts, I guess?

Still far away from my level

Replaying it 3 to four times every year.

GET ON MY LEVEL.
Mar 13, 2015 4:08 AM

Feb 2009
CookingPriest said:
CarenPriest said:

GET ON MY LEVEL.

What's your total playtime atm?
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Mar 14, 2015 2:15 AM

Jul 2013
CookingPriest said:
CarenPriest said:

GET ON MY LEVEL.

My thoughts:

"Damn you, Fai... Just what kind of Priest are you?!"

Mar 22, 2015 3:27 PM

Apr 2010
Why is ufotable making a Fate adaptation that's worse than DEEN's?
Mar 22, 2015 3:32 PM

Jun 2011
antonn said:

Because they're bad at animating
Mar 22, 2015 3:59 PM

Feb 2009
Theorder14 said:
antonn said:

Because they're bad at animating

Oh, they're good at animating. They just suck at everything else.
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Mar 22, 2015 5:35 PM

Aug 2012
So the damage is done and no matter what cour 2 can't be fixed, is the general consensus? Personally I still believe, but I haven't read the VNs before...

Mar 22, 2015 5:47 PM

Feb 2009
CloudStrifeFFVII said:
So the damage is done and no matter what cour 2 can't be fixed, is the general consensus? Personally I still believe, but I haven't read the VNs before...

Shirou's character is really out of place and could have been fixed with very very slight changes and additions and everyone would be happy. BD didn't change anything. Naturally, people are salty as fuck now. Second cour can still fix stuff, but with how it's been handled so far.....
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Mar 22, 2015 6:21 PM

Jul 2007
HungryPriest said:
CloudStrifeFFVII said:

Shirou's character is really out of place and could have been fixed with very very slight changes and additions and everyone would be happy. BD didn't change anything. Naturally, people are salty as fuck now. Second cour can still fix stuff, but with how it's been handled so far.....

^my position too, except last sentence as I do not believe second cour can fix stuff now.
Mar 22, 2015 6:53 PM

Feb 2009
CookingPriest said:
HungryPriest said:

^my position too, except last sentence as I do not believe second cour can fix stuff now.

I meant that only in theory. The way things are right now, there's just as much a chance for them to fix it as there is for Shirou to turn into you-know-what in the future.
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Mar 22, 2015 7:17 PM

Aug 2014
HungryPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

I meant that only in theory. The way things are right now, there's just as much a chance for them to fix it as there is for Shirou to turn into you-know-what in the future.

Voldemort?
Mar 22, 2015 7:18 PM

Feb 2009
43211 said:
HungryPriest said:

Voldemort?

Close.
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Mar 22, 2015 7:26 PM

Apr 2014
HungryPriest said:
43211 said:

Voldemort?

Close.

That hint is borderline spoilers.
Mar 22, 2015 7:27 PM

Feb 2009
Only if you know what the spoiler is, imo.
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Mar 23, 2015 12:27 PM

Oct 2014
CloudStrifeFFVII said:

nah, it is still good,
sure they fucked some points up, but that doesn't make it a shit adaption....
However, they have the Potential to fuck up alot of things in S2 if they continue like that.
Mar 23, 2015 4:58 PM

Sep 2014
CloudStrifeFFVII said:
quite frankly dude you not having read the content means you don't know whats really out a lot of these complains really have no meaning for you what fans are complaining about is easily fixable context that was never fixed. the anime does give context to a number of things without spelling it out like during the blodfort incident shirou got that mile long stare, and said the line "i'm use to seeing people die" at the end. this has some context because there were flashbacks to the fire from previous episodes lots of sutble things that are there but are easy to miss. i'm sure the fans can do without the observational bit from shirou about Rin being scared but wont show it because rin's actions are already doing the talking. it would just help is shirou gave a comment about her at some other point to make their relationship not seem one sided.
now the thing that is bothersome is that the anime omits lines entirely that bring context to the whole scene and without it it hurts the story like when Saber made the decision to disregard taiga during the kidnapping or shirou not wanting to be deadweight during the temple scene or even the fact that shirou dodged that fatal strike from archer something that only received context in the form of a throw away line in the previous episode and hasnt come up since.
overall the anime for the most part i can say is "lazily acceptable" i'm probably gonna choke down the second cour with a smile on my face and give that bitch a 10 anyways. i'm still gonna have some complaints though.
Mar 23, 2015 9:59 PM

Apr 2014
Shrimperor said:
CloudStrifeFFVII said:

nah, it is still good,
sure they fucked some points up, but that doesn't make it a shit adaption....
However, they have the Potential to fuck up alot of things in S2 if they continue like that.

Yeah. I think it's passable as an adaptation, but standalone it's quite decent despite the secondary hate. If you look in the right places, you'll see that it's good enough to motivate many people to read the visual novel (and for a fair number of them it's their first VN too). It's very clear that we won't get the anime adaptation we're looking for (as if it wasn't already obvious before the anime aired but we allowed ourselves to be deluded anyway), so everyone should just sit back, lower expectations, and enjoy the ride because that's all we're going to get while becoming drunk with wine over the fact that it could have easily reached its potential but the directors didn't do a good job.
Mar 24, 2015 6:47 AM

Jul 2007
CloudStrifeFFVII said:

As an adaptation FIRST COUR alone is somewhere around 5/10 and 6/10. Way above DEEN adaptation, way bellow the source material.

IF they do EVERYTHING perfectlyin second cour the overall score might go upt o ~7/10but I would not hold out my hopes.

It can hold out its own as "standalone AU work" albeit it only retains maybe 20% of source material's depth and tone complexity and is way more juvenile.
But as a separate work it can't stand on its own.
As an Adaptation tho it just does not do the source material any justice and yet again, third time in row, manages to mess up the portrayal of the lead hero, Shirou.
And for a story that is ALL ABOUT Shirou, that is pretty damning mistake.

At this point I will just sit back and just watch it for the fights, hoping they do not mess up the upcoming figths too much, directing anyone confused or interested to just read the VN
Mar 24, 2015 11:00 AM

May 2008
Any development romance wise.. Rin wise????? ^^
Mar 24, 2015 11:18 AM

Feb 2009
Fabrice said:

Stev said:
ayy lmao
Mar 24, 2015 11:38 AM

Jul 2007
HungryPriest said:
Fabrice said:

Mar 24, 2015 12:26 PM

Oct 2014
CookingPriest said:
HungryPriest said:

BS.
Mar 24, 2015 1:12 PM

Jul 2007
Grey-Zone said:
CookingPriest said:

BS.

Mar 24, 2015 2:50 PM

Oct 2014
CookingPriest said:

Mar 24, 2015 9:29 PM

Sep 2014
Fabrice said:
with all being said the romance should have been a little more apparent...but Shirou should be making a fairly open confession to her somewhat pretty early into the second half. while this anime removed shirou's inner dialogue shirou is at least a little more vocal in the second half unless the director just decides to cut that shit too.......
Mar 25, 2015 3:23 AM

Jul 2007
Maloghurst said:
Fabrice said:
with all being said the romance should have been a little more apparent...but Shirou should be making a fairly open confession to her somewhat pretty early into the second half. while this anime removed shirou's inner dialogue shirou is at least a little more vocal in the second half unless the director just decides to cut that shit too.......

Need space for Illya original scenes, bruh.

In before "Wtf his feelings are out of nowhere this is so forced"

TBH I would not ship Anime-Rin/Anime-Shirou because the anime version of their relationship has barely anything that made me like them so much in VN. It looks way too typical, "Saberized". But this is not fucking fate route, Miura. They are fire and Ice not a boxer and a punching bag.

Grey-Zone said:
CookingPriest said:

I am not talking about clickbait sites.
I am talking about genuine clueless anime only people.
Apr 1, 2015 7:15 PM

Aug 2012
Is the first episode of this cour going to be 45 mins?!~

Apr 1, 2015 7:21 PM

Oct 2014
CloudStrifeFFVII said:

No, appearantly the only 40-min episode in the 2nd cour will the last episode.
Apr 1, 2015 7:58 PM

Aug 2012
Grey-Zone said:
CloudStrifeFFVII said:

Wow that's disappointing, I had been expecting otherwise...
Apr 1, 2015 8:19 PM

Oct 2014
Vellamo said:
Grey-Zone said:

Well the whole show has four 40-min episodes, which means you can basically say that the series got 4 more episode than specified. Usually that doesn't even happen ONCE.
Apr 2, 2015 2:11 AM

Jul 2007
Vellamo said:
Grey-Zone said:

^This

The first epo fthis cour could have really used 40 minutes to flesh out characters.
Apr 2, 2015 8:10 AM

Aug 2013
Maloghurst said:
CloudStrifeFFVII said:
quite frankly dude you not having read the content means you don't know whats really out a lot of these complains really have no meaning for you what fans are complaining about is easily fixable context that was never fixed. the anime does give context to a number of things without spelling it out like during the blodfort incident shirou got that mile long stare, and said the line "i'm use to seeing people die" at the end. this has some context because there were flashbacks to the fire from previous episodes lots of sutble things that are there but are easy to miss. i'm sure the fans can do without the observational bit from shirou about Rin being scared but wont show it because rin's actions are already doing the talking. it would just help is shirou gave a comment about her at some other point to make their relationship not seem one sided.
now the thing that is bothersome is that the anime omits lines entirely that bring context to the whole scene and without it it hurts the story like when Saber made the decision to disregard taiga during the kidnapping or shirou not wanting to be deadweight during the temple scene or even the fact that shirou dodged that fatal strike from archer something that only received context in the form of a throw away line in the previous episode and hasnt come up since.
overall the anime for the most part i can say is "lazily acceptable" i'm probably gonna choke down the second cour with a smile on my face and give that bitch a 10 anyways. i'm still gonna have some complaints though.

When it comes to Shirou dodging Archer's attack, you can see that Shirou sensed his attack and moved forward before the strike. It doesn't spell it out but it's there.

The thing that the anime lacks are important inner monologues like how Shirou trolls Rin or why Shirou admires Archer (which is because unlike other Servants, Shirou can tell that Archer is a hard worker). Also, projection should have been mentioned.
Apr 7, 2015 1:12 PM

Mar 2015
So you guys have any idea which ending from the VN they are going to pull of? Or will it be a completely different ending ?
I would love it if they pull a Fate Zero and make the ending somewhat depressing.
Apr 7, 2015 1:14 PM

Feb 2015
Doomdoctor said:
So you guys have any idea which ending from the VN they are going to pull of? Or will it be a completely different ending ?
I would love it if they pull a Fate Zero and make the ending somewhat depressing.

Uh no..it will be true ending
Apr 7, 2015 1:21 PM

Nov 2010
Doomdoctor said:

Fate/Zero had to have ending like that because it had to show how it came to the situation in F/SN. Same reason is for ensemble cast.

UBW TV will most probably end with True end.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Apr 7, 2015 1:25 PM

Jul 2007
Doomdoctor said:

Fate Zero ending was "depressing" because it was something predetermined that you should have known from the start. Zero is nothing more than a bonus material meant to add to the main story(that being FSN).

A "depressing" ending would outright not fit UBW message.
Apr 7, 2015 1:44 PM

Mar 2008
What director is best suited to direct F/SN HF?
Reaction Channels for Fate/Stay Night UBW (TV)
first season
second season
Pages (73) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 25, 2015

1037 by Rain_Machika »»
May 28, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 20, 2015

1400 by sadoomi »»
May 23, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.