Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 25, 2014 12:34 AM

Nov 2013
And once again the Higurashi formula proves that each episode in an arc is better than the last!

Keiichi is one annoying bastard. What a shitty main character.

Shion and Takano make me so fucking moist...

Why did Tomitake die when he didn't even go in the shrine? Maybe because he was the one who unlocked it?

The story begins to take a dark and mysterious turn once again.

I will savour this look of terror...

Don't know how I feel about this series. So Studio Deen is just gonna mindfuck me for another 20 episodes? Am I just gonna be watching time reset over and over again just with different scenarios? Boy I can see this getting old real fast.

Oh and let's not forget about the MINDFUCKING PLOTS!
FunnyRatmanOct 25, 2014 12:43 AM

Oct 25, 2014 12:35 AM

Nov 2013
stoppedxtime said:
I liked the first "Arc" better, shion is scaring me XD
Its getting less gorey =O So I suspect they are going to hype up the gore again in the next few episodes :D
The cutesey episodes kinda annoy me now, they are too "Filler-ish" XD
but still, this anime is amazing!
I don't like the cutesey episodes either but they are absolutely necessary. They really make you wonder if those killer lolis are really the same people.

Oct 25, 2014 12:38 AM

Nov 2013
Smasher39 said:
yakyuu-addict said:
Turn up the suspense. Keiichi back to yelling at girls.

LOL
That bastard overreacts to everything it makes him really look like he's talking to a wall.

Dec 22, 2014 2:47 PM

Oct 2014
This anime is fucked up and I like it xD
But in the first Arc Keiichi said that he doesn't know Oyashiro-sama and in this episode he met him. It doesn't make sense to me! So their memories got reset too?
Mar 11, 2015 2:55 AM

Nov 2011
I saw a lot of comments in previous episodes of people saying how an ep scared them shitless, this is the first ep that did that to me.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 28, 2015 12:15 AM
Mar 2013
LOL flips out on her and she hangs up.

What did he expect her to sit there hahaha
Apr 21, 2015 9:51 PM

Feb 2013
That blonde chick may be a crazy bitch, but shes my kinda crazy, I like her =P. Too bad her and the camera man seem doomed to be killed in every arch :/. For a second there I actually thought they would end up being the murderers this time around, just because of how goddamn excited that blonde chick was while talking about death and torture lmao.

Also Keiichi has to be one of the biggest fucking cowards Ive ever seen, I wanted to punch him in the face while he was having his little break down over the phone lol. Hes also a HORRIBLE friggin liar as well >_<.

But yeah, I'm enjoying this arch much more then the last one so far. Probably because Rena has had so little screen time, thank god.
Shape430Apr 21, 2015 10:12 PM
May 16, 2015 1:17 AM
Jul 2018
Aniki1990 said:
Does anyone else think that that was really Mion on the phone and not Shion?

I'm still having doubts believing that Shion exists, but we saw Mion and Shion at the same time. It disproves that theory no matter how much I want to believe it.

Bruh. I swear, Keiichi goes through psychological torture in all of these arcs from my assumptions. The question is...what happens to him this time?

Well, now we know the story behind the festival and I'm sure that will be a good chunk of info for future reference.

That Roman times illustration tho...
Jun 2, 2015 10:51 PM

Oct 2013
Mion and Shion are acting way too suspicious. When Mion took Keiichi to ask if he was with Shion, I thought he was done for.
Jun 14, 2015 8:13 PM
Jun 2015
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Yeah I wondered about the gun too.
The whola Yakuza stuff confuses me though. Is there a point to it ?
But the suspense is building up, straight to the next episode I go :P

remember in the first arc there were men trying to kill keeichi? well, maybe was the yakuza
Jul 31, 2015 2:53 PM

Oct 2014
Huh, so now Keiichi might be a sacrifice. I wonder if this is going to be a bunch of different arcs that all end with Keiiche dying in a new way and with slightly different reasonings for who dies/disappears?
Aug 1, 2015 7:31 AM

Dec 2013
haha i'm starting to believe that the reason shit happens is due to mc being such a pussy. take first part for example, useless mc obviously got overly paranoid, snapped and batted those girls to death.

pathetic and stupid mc. one of the worst i've ever seen.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Nov 4, 2015 3:08 AM

Oct 2014
6 episodes in and I always go WTF?! after every friggin' episode!

And the plot! I feel like this will be like Tatami Galaxy or maybe Steins;Gate? Whatever it is, I'm liking where this is going.
"Having someone saying you're okay as you are and being needed by that person... It was nice to have someone like that..." — Taiga Aisaka
Dec 4, 2015 9:33 AM

Feb 2014
Benphyre said:
haha i'm starting to believe that the reason shit happens is due to mc being such a pussy. take first part for example, useless mc obviously got overly paranoid, snapped and batted those girls to death.

pathetic and stupid mc. one of the worst i've ever seen.

Thanks... I was thinking that I was the only one thinking like that.

Well... let's see... putting aside the shits of the previous episodes, in this one:
(1) When shion was taking him he just gets crazy out of the blue and let Shion's hand in a brute way;
(2) He starts yelling and blaming Shion out of the blue when she was just telling what happened and what can happen...

This anime... I guess it's time to start thinking in drop it...

This protagonists is horrible... he acts and always says in nonsense ways...
He's a crazy bitch... WTF people were thinking when they created this character to act and say in nonsense ways...

This anime is for those who just care about a little of gore and psychological or/and for those who are newbies, because all the rest is just HORRIBLE, principally the protagonist.
TechOtakuDec 4, 2015 9:46 AM
Jan 21, 2016 2:12 AM

Dec 2015
So, are we going to see different angles of the same story until it eventually changes??
Sep 5, 2017 10:07 AM

May 2015
Keiichi you fucked up again. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 3, 2018 8:41 AM

Sep 2017
Shion looks hotter and sexier than Mion does. Oh my god, she has a good fashion sense and is quite intelligent, figuring out that they were the 2 sacrifices. I want her to be my waifu...

But on a serious note, I didn't get what they were implying. Is this a parallel universe or route of the VN where player meets Shion? Sure, whatever.

And the exposition. I have to go over that one again, but it seems that for each person killed, another person will be sacrificed like a lamb in heat. He will be butt crunched like in Roman times and every villager will receive a sharing which they will eat. So, a guy weighs 70 kg and there are 2000 villagers in Hinamizawa by wiki page, so calculating the logistics, each person receives 35 grams of human flesh. That's ... half the weight of a chocolate bar like Hershey's or Mars. Think about that.

But due to unedible body parts you may get even less. Since the main extraction is the intestines from the human butt, well, expect it to weigh the amount of a small toffee per ca pita. Easy to fool ya if you eat meat.

This episode was just exposition, I don't understand how MC got lost last time. But this time, it was due to Shion.

I was disgusted at how MC reacted to Shion by shouting at her. Yeah, I get it that you are angry, and I am too, but come on, Reno(psychotic bitch) could be hearing what you say. I hope that Keiichi becomes likable one of these days when he defeats the main villain.

The plot should move forward one of these days. When is the true plot gonna happen?

BTW, the yakuza must be the reason why Mion hesitates to mention Shion and the fact that she has a gun means that it is gonna be used at some point. Don't ask me how a cop couldn't see that.

I think that it is Mion who invited Keiichi to library and not Shion.

The deity may be related to cats. Cause the girl in OP has cat mask and the psycho mode girls have cat eyes.
JeremiahOrangeApr 3, 2018 8:57 AM

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Oct 14, 2018 8:43 PM

Jun 2016
This episode straight up infodumped too much for my liking, but hey at least there's more pieces to the puzzle. Though I do wonder what drove Shion to go to Hinamizawa when Mion seemed to have been easily possessed by demonic forces in the last arc (which Shion would, in turn, be quite likely to have the same be true for her).
Jun 13, 2019 10:35 AM
Apr 2016
More information about the cursed village. Seems like we got the reason why those two went missing last time, seems like they did something they weren't supposed to. So, the citizens of that village were human-demons that did some ugly crap. Bizarre town indeed.
Dec 30, 2019 6:02 AM

Dec 2013
When Shion asked Keiichi when he heard about the loud sound, it gave me goosebumps.

Keiichi shouldn't get involved with occult stuff. Now they're in trouble 😅

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Mar 17, 2020 9:44 AM
Jun 2013
Why does he always lie?! While it's true these girls are psychos, it's also true he's a damn liar. He never stops lying. That seems to be the trigger for the madness.

And the scene when Oishi is so dumb. Who has a conversation like that in a library??! They weren't even trying to be quiet lol
Apr 23, 2020 11:50 PM

Feb 2018
This plot twist make me confused.
May 15, 2020 8:30 PM
Oct 2019
I'm just letting this "rewind", "alternate timeline", "flashback/flash-forward" thing play out. I'm sure it'll make more sense eventually. Hopefully, right? Otherwise that would make this show pretty awful haha.

Whatever's going on, this second set of events is less creepy af and more informative than the first one. For now, at least.

And one thing I don't understand at all is Mion and Shion. Why is Shion not in school? What the what?
HagePotPotatoMay 15, 2020 8:40 PM
May 24, 2020 1:39 PM

May 2018
Kei-chan's switch flipped really quickly this time xD
May 27, 2020 9:03 PM

Aug 2018
Excellent episode. So much to say, that I noticed this time through. Real skill in the revealing of tidbits. Shion is revealed to be quite the troublemaker.
Jul 7, 2020 10:23 PM

Aug 2018
That was way too intense for me! I kinda like it but I'm getting scared...

Jul 29, 2020 1:01 PM

Feb 2020
it's starting to make a bit more sense now. but why was takano in this version killed while she was only missing during the first arc? could shion have been the sacrifice ssince she met keichi before he met the photographer?

on the call could it have been mion instead of shion so that's why she hung up? because keichi admitted he lied? ooo

rika is so cute though <3
Aug 7, 2020 5:25 AM

May 2016
Man he really went on the wrong road instead of calming the girl he chose to care for
his own life only and forsake everything else.
Sep 6, 2020 3:55 AM

Apr 2013
Seems like little by little we are getting more information about the village and Oyashiro-sama. Only problem is that the protagonist destroys the story by being a complete retard in this arc. First he acts like twins don't exist, then he enters a forbidden place for no reason and afterwards he lies in everyone's faces about trivial things. It's hard to be invested in this story if everyone is a horrible human being.
GatorSep 6, 2020 4:00 AM
Oct 1, 2020 9:26 AM

Nov 2018
MC dies in 2 episodes once again I guess :)
More info on different details of the story with every new route is probably the main point of the narration style.

P.S. I don't trust Shion at all.
ZevvenOct 1, 2020 11:44 AM
I hate everyone equally
Oct 7, 2020 4:23 AM

Jan 2020
Was it really Shion on the phone? I have a feeling that it was actually Mion. Well, we'll find out in the next episode.
Oct 16, 2020 2:50 AM

Apr 2020
Oyoshiro-sama you damn hogger! XD

So this is alternate to the original 4 episodes.
What I'm thinking is that everyone time the MC dies we will get to see alternate scenarios which will slowly show what is actually going on and solve the mystery for us. Because this is an adaptation of a game.
--AbiSa--
Oct 22, 2020 10:10 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah, these clearly stated that Hinamizawa village completely insane with a lot of their ritual and belief. You must be kidding me. They were all a half demon? Ofc they did something crazy such as a cannibalism, a whole serial killer thing based on a revenge and a temporary madness that happened in the past. Its actually the great scheme that had been done by the whole village. Yeah, everyone, including that cutie pie! Its clear, they were all crazy shit! Mion even owned a yakuza. Damn, girl. Holy shit revelations. Thanks delicious policeman! XD

I must say sorry to Keiichi on these route. He pretty much death at the end of these arc. Because, yeah, his death flag already sealed when he openned up that room. Yeah, someone already watched your damn step, and the hint already pointed out where the four of them talked about the cursed story. They've been crossed into the wrong line. Say good bye, Keiichi. At least your contribution on these shit was huge, to revealed the damn thing about their background ....

The real problem was, how brutal their torture against Shion, and Keiichi? Oh man, i can't hold my heart on that situations, and i already imagined the damn scene! God shall give them a mercy!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 23, 2020 6:38 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, Tomitake ain't gonna catch a break isn't he. He gonna die every arc isn't he lmao.

And I am 100% sure Mion and Shion are impersonating each other sometimes or am I looking too much into things.

I don't know how this arc is gonna go though, so let's go.
Nov 4, 2020 8:45 PM

Nov 2012
Yep it won't make sense for Shion to ask since she was literally right there with Keiichi,Tomitake and Takano in the shrine.

Why else would they obscure "Shion's face" like this if it was really her and not Mion.
Nov 5, 2020 9:06 AM

Jul 2020
DarkShines said:
Deja-vu much? But now I' sure that they're not just filling the holes of the first arc,they're presenting a new one. And probably there will be more arcs! ^^
I have no idea how the end is going to be presented...I can't wait to finish this anime!! I'm intrigued o.O
Loving it too so far! I've never seen anything like this before :o

Sorry to say but this anime is the sequal of an anime which was supposed to be finished long ago.
Nov 5, 2020 9:07 AM

Jul 2020
Aniki1990 said:

I have watched the original, so I know for sure on the phone it was Shion...
Nov 5, 2020 9:08 AM

Jul 2020
Zell182 said:
Back to the suspense filled plot in this episode. I'm really interested as to what Takano has to do with everyone in the village because we don't really know anything about her up to this point.

In the original Takano did more than what you might think...
Nov 5, 2020 9:09 AM

Jul 2020
billng said:
I cant tell which is mion and which is shion. Got a baaad feeling things are going to get hairy pretty soon

Shion will just kill everyone, cuz she did it in the original. duhh
Nov 5, 2020 9:21 AM

Jul 2020
Does anyone except me think that this sequel has some great deal with deceiving? Cuz lemme get some points... First was the title, they said it was a remake but deceived us because it's a remake. All the episodes have nearly the same name as the original but only difference is each of them has the word deceive. Those who have seen Higurashi originally know Rika was in more than a thousand different worlds, so it might be that she knew that night Rena wanted to kill Keiichi and rika deceived him saying to trust Rena. Even Rena deceived him saying she would cook dinner for him. Also, you, which means karma, let's take as bad karma, not good, then it means when our actions deceive us from thinking an outcome but backfiring on us. Also, the opening song, which is "I believe in your words " is something that people say a lot, but some get deceived. Also, in the opening, the desperate run by rika shows some form of desperateness in her expression, like she was trying to find something, like a truth. Now for those who have watched all of Higurashi, I think that Rika was deceived, and the path which she will follow to find this truth will lead her to leave this loophole, cuz for her to previously leave it she needed all her friends, including Hanyuu, whose powers have faded. So what I want to tell is that some great plot twist will come, which will change the way we saw the entire Higurashi series.
Mar 8, 2021 6:51 PM

May 2020
Awesome episode. I really love how they are providing new information so that the events of the last arc can be understood with new context. I really like this method of piecing together the mystery through different timelines (assuming the show keeps this up).
Apr 3, 2021 4:23 PM

Dec 2015
Keiichi with the douchebag move of blaming Shion for everything. Not cool, man, not cool.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 20, 2021 7:36 PM
Dec 2017
another nice episode i think

May 30, 2022 10:09 AM
Nov 2020
Is that an alternate reality or things just restart again in different path...
May 31, 2022 10:10 PM

Dec 2018
Nurularifin said:
Is that an alternate reality or things just restart again in different path...

as far as i can tell it's not a timeline thing, i think perhaps he's stuck in a loop until his death where i'm not sure he recalls everything. lets see....so the whole KFC colonel was dropped. i want to know if they ever got him. but it looks like a butterfly effect sort of thing, idk yet.
the presence of the twins is surely going to be a huge story spoil.
anyways, that OP is banging
Aug 24, 2022 8:37 AM

Feb 2021
So that lady is Takano Miyo. Is this like some sort of alternate timeline? Tomitake is reintroducing himself and he's telling the village lore before the festival started.

That's a fucked up shrine fr. I mean dissection and torture tools? It's no better than a death/sacrificial cult at this point.

Damn, Tomitake and Takano die in this reality too. Why do I feel like Oishi-san isn't on Keiichi's side this time?

Didn't expect the Sonozaki family to be a yakuza group controlling Hinamizawa. Seems like they and Rika's priest family are the ones who do the sacrificial killings.

A lot of things aren't making much sense rn. I hope we can get enough information to fit the missing pieces of this puzzle.

Apr 10, 2023 3:35 PM

Dec 2009
Another underwhelming adaption this episode.
In the visual novel, the whole tone is much creepier with the soundtrack when they tell Keiichi of the Hinamizawa deaths and when Takano gives her theories, with Shion and her relaying the details of the deaths. The pacing and insight to her theories and history of research is much longer as well.

The festival activities were changed into simple passing time stills, but in the visual novel, it's fully detailed as event of their entertaining and funny activities as they play around and eat together with their usual club style creating chaos at the stalls.
Including Shion appearing for a moment, teasing Mion and flirting with Keiichi to bother Mion. Pressing her tits against his arm again.

Shion's questioning of the sound she heard banging, like a kid jumping repeatedly on the cieling was much more detailed and longer also.
Unlike the anime, Shion also succeeds in meeting Keiichi to talk a bit, revealing that her family is powerful in the village, and that Mion is the successor- until Ooishi interrupts. 

waalex11Apr 10, 2023 4:54 PM
Jun 26, 2023 9:32 PM

Dec 2020
interesting, so those 2 are dead again.. same way for the man. shion has felt sketchy from the start idk, and idk where its going though i thought i knew. keiichi is a little bit more weird and ooc in this second bit ...interested in seeing whats next, seems like theres 2 eps left of the "arc"
May 18, 11:40 AM
May 2024
Its confusing,i'll try to get through it but if its too much, i might drop it
May 19, 9:37 AM
May 2021
BibleCampVictim2 said:
Its confusing,i'll try to get through it but if its too much, i might drop it

every arc is a different time loop. Every arc will give you more info about the lore. By the end of season 2 you will get all your answers, which makes this series dam good
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mikhael04 - Jan 8, 2008

364 by Mirorin »»
May 25, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

211 by CutieAnshin »»
May 25, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xo_cl2 - Jan 19, 2008

206 by Mirorin »»
May 24, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 15, 2008

129 by Mirorin »»
May 22, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

270 by Mirorin »»
May 22, 9:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.