Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 15, 2014 12:14 PM

Sep 2013
RinPriest said:
Tokoya said:

Also, did Ayako get raped or something?

Short answer is yes.

Correct answer is "we don't know". Although Nasu said what happened in side material, but it wasn't explicitly stated in the novel.
Nov 15, 2014 12:14 PM

Oct 2008
RinPriest said:
Tokoya said:

Also, did Ayako get raped or something?

Short answer is yes.

Wasn't that also implied in the 2006 version?
Nov 15, 2014 12:15 PM
Jul 2018
Archer saved Shirou just in time from Caster!
Nov 15, 2014 12:17 PM

Jul 2007
CorePriest said:
RinPriest said:

Short answer is yes.

Correct answer is "we don't know". Although Nasu said what happened in side material, but it wasn't explicitly stated in the novel.

That's covered by a yes.

[spoiler]
Long answer is
Nov 15, 2014 12:21 PM

Feb 2010
RinPriest said:
ZangetsuPriest said:
A very good episode.

they're introducing the concepts bit by bit, if continues like this, it will be better than i hoped.

and i want Lightning Swordsman playing next week, do it, Fukusawa!

We all know Lightning Swordsman won't be playing next episode,

I feel it will be a Vs theme between Saber and Assassin.

I just want to believe!
Nov 15, 2014 12:22 PM

Sep 2013
CookingPriest said:
CorePriest said:

That's covered by a yes.

[spoiler]
Long answer is
[/quote] I'll just say I disagree here. "We don't know" doesn't mean "yes" and it makes a difference to me.
Nov 15, 2014 12:27 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Shinji makes for a deliciously hateable antagonist. And Atsuko Tanaka just has one of those voices that shines through no matter what role she plays. Love her as Caster.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 15, 2014 12:34 PM

Aug 2014
Scary man hahaha!
Nov 15, 2014 12:35 PM

Nov 2014
Great episode! That whole dream sequence when Shirou was taken to the temple was unexpected. I've completely forgotten about that part from the VN. Then again, it's been quite some time since I last read the VN.

There is something that's bothering me though...why was Archer able to get into the temple when Saber couldn't?
Nov 15, 2014 12:35 PM

Aug 2013
Well, since I got complains about my last formating, I'm gonna change my post format.

Ahhh, yeah, I almost forgot that Caster was pretty hysterical. She also seem to be into bondage... Damnit, Shirou! Are you already cheating on Rin and Saber with that chick you just encountered?! Pretty hyped to see her fighting Archer.

Shirou trying to show off against Archer. But Archer is too cool for him to handle. No seriously though, that hostility and those discussion between them are important in the story, don't overlook them.

The Food/stay night took a new turn in the fruit industry, showing a wild tiger eating oranges. And he also have is cute kouhai waiting for him... The lucky bastard.

Mitsuzuri doesn't look in her best state. Was she raped or..? Errr, I hope not. From Shinji allusion, I feel she was drained of her magical energy, similar to that girl who was attacked in the last episode.

Saber really seem excited about beating the crap out of Shirou. Shirou is also having a bit of problems around Saber. Ya' know, young boys and their hormones.

Rin and Shirou are putting their alliance at work, removing the magic marks. It also like even if Shirou is having problems dealing with Saber, Rin also have a bit of difficulties to hide her tsundereness.

Also, look at this. Fucking. Face. Seriously, if Shinji isn't the incarnation of the punchable face...

Caster finally appearing. Now, we saw the full set of servant : Saber, Archer, Lancer, Rider (I think that by elimination, you can guess who it is), Caster, Berserker and Assassin. Now, shit will get real. Look at that face, it's the face of someone getting it in the butt for the first time. Buthahaha luckily, Archer was there to save the day. I think it will be a fair fight because of their class are good at distance and possibly dodging.

Assassin have a nice samurai style, even if samurai aren't assassin as far as I know.

Here's my album for this episode : http://imgur.com/a/gWH8y
Here's my Rin album for this episode : http://imgur.com/a/6wKZY
minouneetzoeNov 15, 2014 3:26 PM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 15, 2014 12:53 PM

Apr 2012
why so sexy caster?
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Nov 15, 2014 12:55 PM

Jan 2014
Hope for more action next episode :3
Archer, Da Man! :)
Nov 15, 2014 12:55 PM
Nov 2013
Very nice, exactly what I was expecting. I'm enjoying a lot this big focus on magic and worldbuilding. Also, the pace is pretty good.

Archer husbando. He's so sexy.
Nov 15, 2014 1:14 PM

Sep 2013
Guys, don't answer the questions here, if it's revealed in future episodes. No, not even in spoiler tags. And don't quote them either.
Nov 15, 2014 1:17 PM

Sep 2011
Seriously? Why are you guys asking spoilers in an EPISODE DISCUSSION thread. It's not like you don't got one of these "Ask all spoilers here thread—" Oh wait, you do...
Nov 15, 2014 1:27 PM
Nov 2013
CorePriest said:
Guys, don't answer the questions here, if it's revealed in future episodes. No, not even in spoiler tags. And don't quote them either.

Geez, it wasn't even that much of a spoiler. Honestly, you guys are too paranoid '-'.
Nov 15, 2014 1:27 PM

Sep 2011
Kolnikov said:
CorePriest said:

Geez, it wasn't even that much of a spoiler. Honestly, you guys are too paranoid '-'.
Spoiler = a Spoiler. No matter how small.
Nov 15, 2014 1:33 PM

Jun 2013
Man, this makes me so hype for the next episode when we get to see Archer in action. I wonder how the translation will be of "My bone twists into madness".
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Nov 15, 2014 1:33 PM

Mar 2013
dangit.

Watching this week on week is really shitty.
Nov 15, 2014 1:35 PM

Feb 2014
Kolnikov said:
CorePriest said:

I didn't really see the problem with the question it was just a general question. Honestly to answer your question it's just coincidence I think. I don't think there's any logical answer to the question besides saying,
Nov 15, 2014 1:36 PM

Sep 2011
I'm not answering your questions here. You guys can PM me, but I ain't answering it here. All you're doing is derailing now.
Nov 15, 2014 1:37 PM
Sep 2012
Tyrel said:
Kolnikov said:

I'd say hinting that a present, apparent "plot-hole" will be explained is fine.

Edit: Gotchya

Back on topic, like I said earlier the hypnosis scene was the best. I wonder just how much extra content they'll be adding in for Caster.
Nov 15, 2014 1:45 PM

Sep 2013
notJune said:
Tyrel said:

Back on topic, like I said earlier the hypnosis scene was the best. I wonder just how much extra content they'll be adding in for Caster.

They seem to be adding only to make up for the lack of the Fate route, so I don't know how much new content for Caster that will make for.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2014 1:47 PM

Sep 2013
mickdrew_99 said:
notJune said:

They seem to be adding only to make up for the lack of the Fate route, so I don't know how much new content for Caster that will make for.
Caster didn't really have anything you could call "content" in Fate. If they add anything for Team Caster, they could use the FHA stuff. 24-26 episodes should be enough time for this.
Nov 15, 2014 1:53 PM

Sep 2013
CorePriest said:

Caster didn't really have anything you could call "content" in Fate. If they add anything for Team Caster, they could use the FHA stuff. 24-26 episodes should be enough time for this.

I'm more curious to know what they'll do with Kotomine later on.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2014 1:56 PM
Nov 2013
I guess Saber suits perfectly fine with Shirou. They match even in personality traits, and probably they're the only good ones (in a naive way).
Nov 15, 2014 2:00 PM

Feb 2013
How convenient, that the main protagonists just so happen to be the only Masters/Servants in the Holy Grail war who aren't complete and utter evil psychopaths.
Nov 15, 2014 2:00 PM

Feb 2013
When is this going to be different from the other Fate/Stay Night.
Nov 15, 2014 2:01 PM

Aug 2012
I don't really like the inclusion of rape as a means to show how evil a character is while it doesn't focus on the consequences to the victim itself or doesn't show how concerned other people would be for her, even only with an implication of rape. Shirou pretty much just shrugged it off after all the rumours that Shinji was spreading.

Jan 2014
Saeedpoppa said:
How convenient, that the main protagonists just so happen to be the only Masters/Servants in the Holy Grail war who aren't complete and utter evil psychopaths.
You didnt even see enough Masters,and just see glimpses of some Servants...What makes you so confident that you are saying they are all evil psychopaths.

Jan 2014
PoisonedTea said:
When is this going to be different from the other Fate/Stay Night.

It already is...
Nov 15, 2014 2:03 PM

Aug 2008
So many great shots of Saber this episode ^_^

Yeah, next week is going to be awesome. However, I seem to recall that there was a lot of talking in the VN during the fight, though.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 15, 2014 2:11 PM
Nov 2013
Saeedpoppa said:

Of which protagonists you're talking about? Because I believe that someone that is not even interested in the Holy Grail (Rin and Archer), but apparently fight just for fighting, winning and fulfill the duty, are much more psychopaths than everyone else haha.
Nov 15, 2014 2:16 PM

Jan 2014
Kolnikov said:
Saeedpoppa said:

Of which protagonists you're talking about? Because I believe that someone that is not even interested in the Holy Grail (Rin and Archer), but apparently fight just for fighting, winning and fulfill the duty, are much more psychopaths than everyone else haha.

By this definition, Shirou is the total psychopath.
Nov 15, 2014 2:16 PM

Jun 2011
Saeedpoppa said:

How exactly do you know that all of them are? :D
Nov 15, 2014 2:19 PM

Aug 2014
I mean of course the main character would view people trying to kill him as evil, even if they're not.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Nov 15, 2014 2:20 PM

Jul 2007
Saeedpoppa said:

Lul'd at the notion of you counting Shirou as a "normal person"....
Nov 15, 2014 2:22 PM

Jun 2009
Kolnikov said:
Saeedpoppa said:

Both of these statements kind of confuse me.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 15, 2014 2:22 PM

Aug 2014
Honestly shirou's character is a deconstruction of the classic I want to save everybody archetype.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Nov 15, 2014 2:25 PM

Sep 2013
insan3priest said:
Kolnikov said:

Both of these statements kind of confuse me.

I think Saeedpoppa is basically saying: "Wow, what are the odds that the protagonists (Shirou and Rin) are the only ones not insane in the grail war."

While Kolnikov is basically saying: "Well, both Rin and Shirou are in this war for no real reason besides wanting to win and fulfill a duty - that sounds pretty insane."
Nov 15, 2014 2:26 PM
Nov 2013
chickenonthepan said:
Kolnikov said:

But Shirou wants to save everybody, so he has a reason to fight. And Saber well... Can't spoiler. But Rin isn't what I would call ''good''.

While Kolnikov is basically saying: "Well, both Rin and Shirou are in this war for no real reason besides wanting to win and fulfill a duty - that sounds pretty insane."

Pretty much, but I was actually referring to Rin and Archer, and not Rin and Shirou.
blankflatNov 15, 2014 2:30 PM
Nov 15, 2014 2:29 PM

Jan 2014
Kolnikov said:
chickenonthepan said:

But Shirou wants to save everybody, so he has a reason to fight. And Saber well... Can't spoiler. But Rin isn't what I would call ''good''.

I don't want to spoil either, but Shirou is not normal like you think...
Nov 15, 2014 2:31 PM
Nov 2013
chickenonthepan said:
Kolnikov said:

I don't want to spoil either, but Shirou is not normal like you think...

We can agree that everybody is a psychopath then hahaha. And Saeedpoppa is completely wrong.
blankflatNov 15, 2014 2:37 PM
Nov 15, 2014 2:34 PM

Nov 2012
Well next episode should be interesting...hopefully.
Nov 15, 2014 2:37 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I've been looking forward to the next episode for quite some time ^^
Nov 15, 2014 2:45 PM

May 2014
I'm greatly anticipating the next episode. Hopefully it will be yet another epic fight scene.
Nov 15, 2014 2:49 PM

Nov 2014
Hey everyone! It's my first post here, but I've been lurking around these forums for quite some time. I have a question regarding episode 6. Since it was implied that Rider and Shinji were the ones behind Ayako's condition and we know that the field around the school was Shinji's work, are both Rider and Caster draining people's mana to become stronger? In the prologue, when Rin tried to erase the field, Lancer said it would be a waste. Why would he do that if it wasn't his master's?
Nov 15, 2014 2:53 PM

Jul 2007
malfunct10n said:
Hey everyone! It's my first post here, but I've been lurking around these forums for quite some time. I have a question regarding episode 6. Since it was implied that Rider and Shinji were the ones behind Ayako's condition and we know that the field around the school was Shinji's work, are both Rider and Caster draining people's mana to become stronger? In the prologue, when Rin tried to erase the field, Lancer said it would be a waste. Why would he do that if it wasn't his master's?

Because its perfectly fine boundary field at strengthening servants via souls of others?

Even if its not his master's its a waste to erase something so complex and something that could be useful.
Nov 15, 2014 2:56 PM

Nov 2014
CookingPriest said:
malfunct10n said:

Because its perfectly fine boundary field at strengthening servants via souls of others?

Even if its not his master's its a waste to erase something so complex and something that could be useful.

And since Shinji is not a proper mage, he can't supply Rider with enough mana, right? I think I get it now.
Nov 15, 2014 3:03 PM

Nov 2014
Wait, wait, wait, so Ayako was made a great character only for Shinji to be hated when he destroy her spirit ?
That's all there is to her ?
I'm a big softie.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by oilapqoi »»
May 15, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.