Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 8, 2014 11:07 AM

Sep 2013
Lots of bonding between Shirou and Rin this episode. Not the most eventful one, but episodes like these are needed in between the more important ones.

Next episode should be tanoshii.
TyrelNov 8, 2014 11:45 AM
Nov 8, 2014 11:07 AM

Sep 2010
Ah, being able to watch this beautiful anime everyweek. SUCH a win!
Nov 8, 2014 11:12 AM

Sep 2013
Great episode. Love the contrast between Shirou's and Rin's upbringing. While Kiritsugu abandoned his life as a mage to be a father, Tokiomi never did so.

Even though Shirou is kinda thick headed, Rin envies him for having a father who didn't but their reputation as a mage ahead of being a parent.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2014 11:13 AM

Sep 2011
Stop with the le spoilers even if it's small. Also, stop baiting each other. Baiting will NOT be tolerated at all.
If you don't like what a user is saying, ignore him. Simply as that for a post to get flushed in this long chain of thread.
Nov 8, 2014 11:19 AM

Jan 2009
My shipping heart can't take anymore of Rin and Shirou interacting. I wait for an episode for a week and it feels like it's 5 minutes, why not.
Nov 8, 2014 11:20 AM

Jul 2007
mickdrew_99 said:

Even though Shirou is kinda thick headed,

I would not even say its that.

He simply is following through with what he stated in previous episodes - he is not counting Rin as an enemy, so he follows through by treating her as NOT an enemy(not to mention proclaiming agency which is normal reaction after he could not do anything in Berserker fight, so in this situation with Rider he is intent at doing SOMETHING), which is what seems to be pissing her off this episode.

The whole try at defeating him seems more like a try to prove to herself that she can do that and a big tsun-tsun try to prove to him that this is srs bsns. Which goes bust because Shirou is being Shirou and dere-dere takes over.

Jun 2014
Forgetfulness said:
If you want to keep blabbing on about viewing things "critically", then why don't you make some legitimate criticisms besides "hurdur I'm bored nothing happens"

Because i'm not a reviewer? I don't consider it worth my time to write an in depth analysis of something I don't like.

Forgetfulness said:
Because in these past episodes, I can see plenty scenes dedicated towards setting up the characters, especially Shirou, who is basically the main focus of the Fate/ series.

Too many scenes. They waste time, that's all they do. You don't get any extra depth. You just get five minutes dedicated to showing you something they could have done in less than one, with a bunch of "moe" shizzle thrown in to flesh it out.

Sep 2013
Megaphy said:
My shipping heart can't take anymore of Rin and Shirou interacting. I wait for an episode for a week and it feels like it's 5 minutes, why not.

Yeah this is how my Sunday evening seems to go nowadays.
Nov 8, 2014 11:23 AM

Aug 2009
Chabe said:
Forgetfulness said:
If you want to keep blabbing on about viewing things "critically", then why don't you make some legitimate criticisms besides "hurdur I'm bored nothing happens"

Because i'm not a reviewer? I don't consider it worth my time to write an in depth analysis of something I don't like.

Forgetfulness said:
Because in these past episodes, I can see plenty scenes dedicated towards setting up the characters, especially Shirou, who is basically the main focus of the Fate/ series.

Too many scenes. They waste time, that's all they do. You don't get any extra depth. You just get five minutes dedicated to showing you something they could have done in less than one, with a bunch of "moe" shizzle thrown in to flesh it out.
Watch the UBW movie.I am sure "something" happens there.
Nov 8, 2014 11:24 AM

Jul 2007
RinPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

He simply is following through with what he stated in previous episodes - he is not counting Rin as an enemy, so he follows through by treating her as NOT an enemy, which is what seems to be pissing her off this episode.

The whole try at defeating him seems more like a try to prove to herself that she can do that and a big tsun-tsun try to prove to him that this is srs bsns.

On a side note,

was Gandr really that powerful? In the VN it just looked like machine gun bullets being fired off at Shirou.

If its powerful enough to blow up Skeleton monsters in previous episode on impact, it's sure as hell powerful enough to blow apart concrete.
Nov 8, 2014 11:24 AM

Aug 2009
RinPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

He simply is following through with what he stated in previous episodes - he is not counting Rin as an enemy, so he follows through by treating her as NOT an enemy, which is what seems to be pissing her off this episode.

The whole try at defeating him seems more like a try to prove to herself that she can do that and a big tsun-tsun try to prove to him that this is srs bsns.

On a side note,

was Gandr really that powerful? In the VN it just looked like machine gun bullets being fired off at Shirou.
The power of tsun-tsun.
Nov 8, 2014 11:27 AM

Sep 2013
CookingPriest said:
mickdrew_99 said:

Even though Shirou is kinda thick headed,

He simply is following through with what he stated in previous episodes - he is not counting Rin as an enemy, so he follows through by treating her as NOT an enemy(not to mention proclaiming agency which is normal reaction after he could not do anything in Berserker fight.

The whole try at defeating him seems more like a try to prove to herself that she can do that and a big tsun-tsun try to prove to him that this is srs bsns. Which goes bust because Shirou is being Shirou and dere-dere takes over.

I understand Rin's motivation for attacking Shirou, and I understand why he ran after the servant in the forest - both were well foreshadowed.

When I say Shirou is a little thick headed, it's because he didn't have the presence of mind to realize Tohsaka is an enemy - even after she stated plainly that they were. I know this is based in Shirou's nature to see the best in her, but he is being somewhat thick to not take her threat seriously.
TyrelNov 8, 2014 11:42 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2014 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
Another godlike episode... This anime is too good to be true... But it is true :3 Thank you ufotable!
Rin's expressions in this episode rocked, and that scene in the forest was thrilling.
TyrelNov 8, 2014 11:42 AM

Jul 2007
mickdrew_99 said:

When I say Shirou is a little thick headed, it's because he didn't have the presence of mind to realize Tohsaka is an enemy - even after she stated plainly that they were. I know this is based in Shirou's nature to see the best in her, but he is being somewhat thick to not take her threat seriously.

He knows that Rin said that.
He simply does not give a fuck about that and follows through with how he said he will view her.

Sep 2013
Gandr can do both. It depends on how much mana is put into the shot. In general though, a Gandr just reduces phyisical health, as if you were struck by a cold.
Nov 8, 2014 11:32 AM

Sep 2013
CookingPriest said:
mickdrew_99 said:

He simply does not give a fuck about that and follows through with how he said he will view her.

That's kind of the definition of "thick headed"
Nov 8, 2014 11:33 AM

Dec 2007
mickdrew_99 said:
CookingPriest said:

He simply is following through with what he stated in previous episodes - he is not counting Rin as an enemy, so he follows through by treating her as NOT an enemy(not to mention proclaiming agency which is normal reaction after he could not do anything in Berserker fight.

I understand Rin's motivation for attacking Shirou, and I understand why he ran after the servant in the forest - both were well foreshadowed.

If Ufotable manages to portray his character for you to feel that he's thickheaded just from the 5th episode, I'd say Ufotable is doing a pretty great job adapting the original material so far.

I always thought and I will say it: Shirou is not the best protagonist featured in VNs, to say the least. But it doesn't mean we won't see some pretty bad ass moments of his in UBW and especially Heaven's Feel.
TyrelNov 8, 2014 11:43 AM
Nov 8, 2014 11:33 AM

Jul 2013
mickdrew_99 said:
CookingPriest said:

he's too alpha to care about what other people think

or something
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Nov 8, 2014 11:34 AM

Jul 2014
Good episode, the action was nice and beautiful as always.

Maerow said:

Ufotable finds a way.

^Best scene
TyrelNov 8, 2014 11:43 AM
Nov 8, 2014 11:36 AM

Apr 2012
Nice nice
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Nov 8, 2014 11:37 AM

Dec 2010
Why the fuck is everyone spoiling the identity of the purple haired girl? The anime-only watchers aren't supposed to know she's
as of yet. And yes, it is a spoiler. Having seen the prequel, the old anime, and having read the vn, i consider it one. All of these people are so mean.
Anyway, amazing episode as usual. I should really marathon this and hold out until everything's out. I keep dying for more after just watching one episode ._.
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Nov 8, 2014 11:40 AM

Jul 2014
RinPriest said:
Sam1198777 said:
Why the fuck is everyone spoiling the identity of the purple haired girl? The anime-only watchers aren't supposed to know she's
as of yet. And yes, it is a spoiler. Having seen the prequel, the old anime, and having read the vn, i consider it one. All of these people are so mean.

This guy is right you know, we aren't supposed to know her Servant class yet.

Or are we?

Jun 2009
Well, I didn't spoil it at least.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Sep 2013
DeadIJuicyPriest said:

If Ufotable manages to portray his character for you to feel that he's thickheaded just from the 5th episode, I'd say Ufotable is doing a pretty great job adapting the original material so far.

I always thought and I will say it: Shirou is not the best protagonist featured in VNs, to say the least. But it doesn't mean we won't see some pretty bad ass moments of his in UBW and especially Heaven's Feel.

Definitely. I'm not trying to say his character is bad (I think he's been handled as well as anyone could have hoped for), I'm just saying he's got this side to him cause it's part of his nature; he's the inexperienced optimist.

Aug 2009
RinPriest said:
Sam1198777 said:

Or are we?
I would say that her class isnt even a spoiler that affects anything.I mean nobody will go "OMG she is ****class?AMAZING!!"
Apr 2014
Sam1198777 said:
Anyway, amazing episode as usual. I should really marathon this and hold out until everything's out. I keep dying for more after just watching one episode ._.

Just for your information first time you meet her in the VN, her status is instantly updated revealing her class, it doesn't have much relevance really
Nov 8, 2014 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
It was a great episode.

Rin didn't go easy on Shirou this time. Rider made her debut on this episode.
Nov 8, 2014 11:41 AM

Sep 2014
Excellent episode as expected.

I love how badass Shirou looked in this episode. The room scene where Shirou turns the desk into a shield was great as well as his serious attitude when talking to Rin afterwards. The moment he defended Rin from the chain attack, his seriousness when he went after the servant, and even him mocking her were all pretty awesome. Then he catches Rin completely off-guard by taking a few steps back with a resolute look and asking her if she wants to continue the fight - thus making her blush yet again lol. He's really an expert at that.

Really looking forward to the temple scene in the next episode!
Nov 8, 2014 11:42 AM

Dec 2007
Chabe said:

Forgetfulness said:

Ufotable style is slow pacing with extended scenes. They're doing it since Kara no Kyoukai and I'd say they're pretty much great at what they do. It's just you not liking this style specifically. They're doing a seinen take on a somewhat shounenish visual novel, and it only does good to F/sn in my honest opinion.
Nov 8, 2014 11:44 AM

Mar 2012
Well we know the purple haired girl is not Saber, or Archer or Berserker or Lancer, which leaves Caster unlikely as no magic was used, instead a weapon, Assassin possibly but with there class skill presence concealment would of just stabbed and left without being noticed.
Which pretty much leaves Rider.
Nov 8, 2014 11:45 AM

Dec 2007
mickdrew_99 said:
DeadIJuicyPriest said:

Definitely. I'm not trying to say his character is bad (I think he's been handled as well as anyone could have hoped for), I'm just saying he's got this side to him cause it's part of his nature; he's the inexperienced optimist.

Exactly, an inexperienced optimist. That's very important later on too, I don't want to spoil why but just has something to do with a certain clash.
Nov 8, 2014 11:46 AM

Aug 2012
Yeah they definitely exaggerated the Gandr shots just a little bit, but it brought out the intensity of the chase.

Like Mickdrew said, I loved the way they handled that last conversation. Its purpose was to flesh out Rin and her upbringing of course, but the emphasis put on last sentence about Kiritsugu being a father over a mage was very nice. Another bone to FZ watchers in a way.

Little shadow man running through the forest was lol, but I like the decision to not show him. It prevents people from taking more digs at Shirou's character because

Episode did feel a little rushed just because of Tohsakas's 'quick' turnaround. It was bound to happen though and it's not like it isn't perfectly justifiable considering it's in her character and was a smart decision on her part as Shirou showed he is not a thread to her and will even protect her despite the circumstances. Just that there will be those special viewers that look for any little thing to pick at without thinking through it, and that just happens to be an easy target because of the pacing.
Nov 8, 2014 11:49 AM

Feb 2010
Why start with that fucking scene ?

why do you want so much for me to feel my own feelings, ufotable ? ;_;
Nov 8, 2014 11:50 AM

Dec 2010
FakePriest said:
RinPriest said:

Or are we?
I would say that her class isnt even a spoiler that affects anything.I mean nobody will go "OMG she is ****class?AMAZING!!"
Even if it doesnt, Shirou clearly states in the episode "i dont know who she was" and so, we're not supposed to know her servant class. Its quite simple. Relevance or not, its morally wrong. Why not spoil
servant class then? I know its a huge difference, but the servant class itself doesnt really mean anything? Theres no argument about this. Its a spoiler and people are a little too careless..
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Nov 8, 2014 11:51 AM

Jul 2007
AlexTheRiot said:
Another bone to FZ watchers in a way.

Except that there's nothing about FZ in that and they already emphasized that in FSN that Kerry treated Shirou like a father while Rin had very "by the rules" upbringing of ideals and family goals etc.
Nov 8, 2014 11:51 AM

Jan 2011
RinPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

If its powerful enough to blow up Skeleton monsters in previous episode on impact, it's sure as hell powerful enough to blow apart concrete.

But that never happened in the VN.

I am just talking about if Gandr was really that powerful because in a bad end it managed to hit Shirou but he turned out be okay. So it can destroy concrete but not blow the shit out of Shirou?

It's mentioned in one of the Rin Interludes when she and Archer are rescuing the office workers. It isn't shown in the VN but the information that she had to deal with the bone creatures with her magic is explicitly stated in the narration.

Mod Note: And just a reminder while I continue cleaning: Don't Spoil this or any of the other adaptations, and don't bait or bad-mouth other posters.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 8, 2014 11:52 AM

Jul 2013
y123y said:
More Archer, Less Shirou please

no
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Nov 8, 2014 11:52 AM
Apr 2014
CookingPriest said:
AlexTheRiot said:
Another bone to FZ watchers in a way.

Except that there's nothing about FZ in that and they already emphasized that in FSN that Kerry treated Shirou like a father while Rin had very "by the rules" upbringing of ideals and family goals etc.

Yeah that wasn't any particular reference to FZ that ufotable added, it was already in the VN.
Nov 8, 2014 11:53 AM
Sep 2012
Archer's pretty badass, he should have been the protagonist instead of incompetent Shirou.
Nov 8, 2014 11:53 AM

Jul 2007
Drake1000 said:
CookingPriest said:

Yeah that wasn't any particular reference to FZ that ufotable added, it was already in the VN.

Its literally sum up of their VERY different experiences in their respective prologues (EP0 an EP1) and Rin's realization of that.
Nov 8, 2014 11:54 AM

Apr 2012
FakePriest said:
RinPriest said:

Or are we?

While it's not plot important, her class is nonetheless a spoiler.

Dec 2007
y123y said:
More Archer, Less Shirou please

Thanks for reminding these was no Archer in this episode...

Sep 2013
Drake1000 said:
CookingPriest said:

People don't seem to realize how much of F/Z was already present in FSN.

The story was pretty much outlined in the VN before Urobuchi did anything.
Nov 8, 2014 11:55 AM

Aug 2013
Ahhh, yes, the ''I wanna kill you so don't move, Shiro!'' scene was hilarious in the VN too. ''I-It's not like I wanted to kill you or anything, baka.''
Damnit, Tohsaka, you destroyed an whole classroom! How the school gonna explain to the students that during the night, the whole school have been rampaged?!

That opening scene made me sad, with Kiritsugu looking so weak... He looked souless.

Saber won't be plaised to learn what happened at school.

Especially since she warned him to be careful xD

And, well, Tohsaka just couldn't believe it.

Love that smug face too.

Purple servant (won't say her name since they didn't said it yet) is so awesome. She surely is my third favorite servant after Archer and Saber. Just look at that, can she be more awesaome?

The fighting is still very fluid and exciting. Ufotable really want to put to shame Deen... Well, they're right to.

Tohsaka is really unimpressed by Shiro...

Want some Rin moe? Have some Rin moe.

Here's my album of this episode : http://imgur.com/a/ed1LF
Here's my Rin album of this episode : http://imgur.com/a/jlR9t
TyrelNov 8, 2014 12:12 PM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 8, 2014 11:57 AM

Sep 2013
y123y said:
notJune said:
Archer's pretty badass, he should have been the protagonist instead of incompetent Shirou.

Im starting to think that the VA for Archer must have ticked off the producers. He didnt get any lines this episode
Totally. Nasu used Fragarach to rewrite and remove all of Archer's lines on that day from the novel.
Nov 8, 2014 11:58 AM

Jul 2007
CorePriest said:
y123y said:

Im starting to think that the VA for Archer must have ticked off the producers. He didnt get any lines this episode
Totally. Nasu used Fragarach to rewrite and remove all of Archer's lines on that day from the novel .

And he could have spent a few paragraphs talking about whether that roof is comfy or n ot!!!!11oneone.
Nov 8, 2014 11:58 AM

Oct 2014
That fight was more comedic than anything lol xD
and Dat Mama Saber moment

Comedy/5
Nov 8, 2014 11:59 AM

Aug 2012
CookingPriest said:
Drake1000 said:

Its literally sum up of their VERY different experiences in their respective prologues (EP0 an EP1) and Rin's realization of that.
I know it was already in the VN and had an established purpose, that's why I worded it that way. But when you have the episode start off with Kerry being relieved by Shirou's takeaway from his raising him, and then the episode ending emphasizing that aspect while showing Shirou reflecting on it, it's very easy to see it that way.
Nov 8, 2014 12:02 PM

Nov 2012
Somewhat better than the first 4 episodes...somewhat.
Nov 8, 2014 12:03 PM

Sep 2014
mickdrew_99 said:
CookingPriest said:

You could say Shirou's a little thick-headed, but Rin hadn't made a move at all. He knows there's a huge contradiction between what she says and what she does. He can easily see through Rin and therefore sees no reason to take her as an enemy.

While Shirou didn't take her seriously at first until she attacked him, he even caught her off-guard later on by asking if she wanted to resume the fight. He didn't have reason to take her seriously until that moment because he knows deep down Rin's just stubborn and doesn't want to fight him - let alone kill him.

Shirou's constantly embarrasing her and exposing her vulnerable side because he knows those things. The things he does are almost like saying "I know you won't admit it, but it's plain obvious you're just trying to put up a front now and you know it!"
Pages (19) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by oilapqoi »»
May 15, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.