Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 1, 2014 12:12 PM

Sep 2011
notJune said:
ElPysCongroo said:

It can't be just non-stop fighting, this isn't a Micheal Bay movie.
That's not it, the infodumping and PTSD scene were both clumsy ways of conveying information to the viewer. I could care less for the action scenes if the slow, building moments were actually well written and directed but they aren't. What does cooking have to offer to the themes of Unlimited Blade Works? Why did Saber become a walking, talking textbook labeled "HGW for dummies?", why aren't they making changes so that we don't waste any time on Sakura?
The infodumping was a major con in the source material and it seems to have carried over here as well. The only worthwhile scenes in this ep were Kuzuki's intro, Mitzusuri briefly going into Shirou's state when engaging in archery, and Archer's figuring out of Caster.

F/sn is not F/sn without cooking and Sakura scenes.
Nov 1, 2014 12:13 PM

Oct 2014
Unlimited excitement Works :D
Nov 1, 2014 12:13 PM

Jul 2011
Berserker's regeneration was explained a bit, so now I got the gist of it.
Nov 1, 2014 12:14 PM

Sep 2014
Hmm, the golems look like dinosaurs...Did they change it from the original? Yeah, totes :3
The sun is a deadly laser
Nov 1, 2014 12:14 PM

May 2014
So much foreshadowing. Even people who didn't read VN could guess a lot.....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2014 12:16 PM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
Or on formidable sized Illya fanbase formed by her being MC in her own show.

Nov 1, 2014 12:17 PM

Jan 2013
This was just wonderful. The pacing was according to me better than I could have imagined, Illya scene felt dark and omnious (Which is always a good thing), Saber meeting Shirou's friends felt warm and nice and some CGI spooky, scary skeletons to mix things up added some mystery to the whole thing.

But Saber's staring contest with Kuzuki was probably my favorite scene though, next to Ayako's flashing unlimited budget works talk with Shirou! I mean, we got to see him for abit as well as how perfect (and dangerous) of a man he is, with some omnious music in the background and exciting tension between Saber and Kuzuki.

OST was reeeeally good this episode, Hideyuki keeps on switching between remaking F/SN and F/Z osts with his own nice touch on it, as well as adding lots of new variations and completely OC music. And to that, I tip my (non-existent) hat!

Side notes: While it was nice to see some skeletons I do hope they make them look less choppy on the BD-version, hopefully they'll have more time to make the skeletons for later in on the series look better before the BD-release as well.

AcidPunk said:
Spooky dinosaurs and stupid sexy Illya

^
Also, this comment. Made my day x'D
MadaoPriestNov 1, 2014 12:22 PM
Nov 1, 2014 12:17 PM

Jun 2009
LoomyTheBrew said:
Drake1000 said:

Rin vs Golems was in the VN.

You're probably right (I honestly don't remember it), but it definitely seemed a bit more...... exaggerated, I guess? I mean, the giant golem thing I don't think was in the VN, but regardless I liked the fight.

The fight is mentioned in the VN, but you didn't actually see it like you did here.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 1, 2014 12:18 PM

Feb 2014
CookingPriest said:
insan3priest said:
Good episode, well I wasn't expecting to be "wowed" or anything here so this was fine. I really did like the scene between Mitsuzuri and Shirou, though. Particularly the look on his face after she says he never smiles.

I liked all the body language in that scene, like how shirou puts his hands in his pockets(hiding the facts/trying to avoid the situation) when she asks about rejoining the archery club.

I really liked all of his expressions in the scene and how he got the ptsd-trigger to the Great Fire at the thought of smiling.

I liked that part as well. Getting the quick flashback to the fire was a nice touch and gives you an idea of why Shirou is a little off from everyone else.

Also every time I see Mitsuzuri, I just can't stop thinking of Shiki lol. I like how the Nasuniverse has doppelgangers and that the doppelgangers actually have some slightly important rolls. Makes things more interesting I think.
Nov 1, 2014 12:18 PM

Sep 2011
mirakura said:
Hmm, the golems look like dinosaurs...Did they change it from the original? Yeah, totes :3

If I remember correctly, there were no golems at this point in the VN.
And since the original ones give out Caster's identity almost instantly, maybe they decided to use dog skeletons (somehow they look like dog skeletons, not dinosaurs, for me) for now.
Nov 1, 2014 12:19 PM

Jul 2007
Drake1000 said:
Putting Ilya aside

No need. There will be movies for that. THey just need to add scenes to get the point across that VN readers had from fate route about the nature of the place and that character. Everything else is in movies.

LoomyTheBrew said:

I liked that part as well. Getting the quick flashback to the fire was a nice touch and gives you an idea of why Shirou is a little off from everyone else.

Not as much of a flashback as a trigger. Flashback is something you recall. A triggering experience triggers whole experience back at the person. Can result in some quite nasty stuff like panic attacks, passing out, fits of rage, etc.

We saw him have one in the Church when Great Fire was mentioned too.
AhenshihaelNov 1, 2014 12:22 PM
Nov 1, 2014 12:19 PM

Jun 2014
I'm surprised they're actually managing to waste this much time. All this slice of life crap just falls flat, the animation is lazy and so is the voice acting, everything just seems so insincere. I don't need minutes of my life wasted with nothing happening on screen, no plot, no character development, just them eating a meal or doing other cutesy shit. These eps could be halved and still contain the same amount of plot & character development, this specific ep could even be quartered.
Nov 1, 2014 12:20 PM

Nov 2013
Worst episode so far, somehow topping the prologue. I was really enjoying myself getting the overhead view of them all sitting down for dinner, hey maybe next week we might get treated to Shirou chopping some cabbages for five minutes. Naked loli fanservice and harem slice of life? This series wavers between low/high tier garbage. It's genuinely criminal that series like this get such a budget.

Mod Edit: Removed Baiting
TyrelNov 1, 2014 2:38 PM
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 1, 2014 12:22 PM

Jun 2014
I am really enjoying this show, the pacing is just right i think. I wish they were all 40 minute episodes tbh. There so much stuff id love to learn about in the universe!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Nov 1, 2014 12:24 PM

Jan 2014
So many people here just go and watch DEEN 2010 movie, so that "main plot" could come fast. LMAO.
Nov 1, 2014 12:24 PM

Jul 2011
Seeing the servants fight though, I always look up a lot on their abilities and stats to see how portrayed they are when it comes to this adaptation. But this kinda exceeds my expectations a lot.
Nov 1, 2014 12:25 PM
Sep 2012
Vexper said:
Worst episode so far, somehow topping the prologue. I was really enjoying myself getting the overhead view of them all sitting down for dinner, hey maybe next week we might get treated to Shirou chopping some cabbages for five minutes. Naked loli fanservice and harem slice of life? This series wavers between low/high tier garbage. It's genuinely criminal that series like this get such a budget.

>inb4 priest reply that the loli scene was 'fitting, deep and symbolic' or that this episode wasn't a harem one.

I'm already laughing.
You and I both, this was me when I watched this episode:

Jul 2007
chickenonthepan said:
So many people here just just go and watch DEEN 2010 movie, so that "main plot" could come fast. LMAO.

I am already laughing at people going "wtf nothing happened"

Those expecting an "action show" might as well drop this. UBW is all about character exploration, through and through. Shirou's daily life and changes in it are part of that.

KeyToCourage said:
Harem what?

Don't you know - it has more than one female in cast. it is TOTALLY a harem. Mahoyo is a harem too then. "harem" of friendship that is

May 2014
And what the hell happened to Lancer he hasnt shown up since episode 2

Mod Edit: No spoilers. You pretty much pointed key fights in the show. Obviously spoiling.
TyrelNov 1, 2014 2:36 PM
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Nov 1, 2014 12:27 PM

Jan 2011
not an interesting ep this time, though i was expecting it after the previous fight
so Ilyas maids are completely different from the ones in Kaleid
Nov 1, 2014 12:28 PM

Sep 2013
The in depth explanation of the different classes is just one more reason why this is meant to be seen before F/Z.

Of course hoping that people realize this is as fruitless as thinking nobody will bitch about an episode that doesn't have an action scene every 5 minutes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2014 12:29 PM
Oct 2010
Really not sure why they felt they needed to put a bath scene with an 8 year old... but whatever I just skipped it once I realized what was up.
Nov 1, 2014 12:30 PM

Feb 2014
CookingPriest said:

Not as much of a flashback as a trigger. Flashback is something you recall. A triggering experience triggers whole experience back at the person. Can result in some quite nasty stuff like panic attacks, passing out, fits of rage, etc.

We saw him have one in the Church when Great Fire was mentioned too.

Ya, that's a more accurate way to call it. It was well done how they handled that scene.

Jul 2013
skudoops said:
Really not sure why they felt they needed to put a bath scene with an 8 year old... but whatever I just skipped it once I realized what was up.

What she said is important.

Jul 2014
Too much Shirou... 1/5.

May 2014
silversaint said:
not an interesting ep this time, though i was expecting it after the previous fight
so Ilyas maids are completely different from the ones in Kaleid

Yeah one of them scared the crap out of me
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Nov 1, 2014 12:31 PM

Sep 2014
Really solid episode. I liked the pace of this episode quite a bit and they did a pretty good job with the slice of life imo. Nice foreshadowing as well. The extra scenes were a pretty nice touch as well.
Nov 1, 2014 12:31 PM

Jan 2014
Arcanix said:
Too much Shirou... 1/5.

DEEN poison is so strong in this one.
Nov 1, 2014 12:33 PM
Oct 2010
stAtic91 said:
skudoops said:
She's

It doesn't really matter

Guilek said:
skudoops said:

Meh was short enough that I don't think I missed too much. I also did the same thing when they tried to pull that shit in Monogatari, but that was far worse.. I wanted to drop the whole show after that.
GD1551Nov 1, 2014 12:41 PM
Nov 1, 2014 12:34 PM

Apr 2011
Holy shit, Sakura was actually not annoying this episode, is this real life ?

5/5
Nov 1, 2014 12:35 PM

Jul 2009
as much as i like michael bay fight scenes, these slow pace slice of life scenes were great. even after watching deen's fsn and ubw, im still thoroughly enjoying this adaption.
Nov 1, 2014 12:35 PM
Aug 2014
Kind of boring since I've already read the VN. Can't wait for more fight scenes.
Nov 1, 2014 12:36 PM

Jul 2013
skudoops said:
stAtic91 said:
She's (spoiler that shit).

Meh it doesn't really matter, she looks 8 and I know there's a reason for that.

Guilek said:

Meh was short enough that I don't think I missed too much. I also did the same thing when they tried to pull that shit in Monogatari, but that was far worse.. I wanted to drop the whole show after that.

You miss thing about the power of Berserker and why she go after Shirou.
GuilekNov 1, 2014 12:40 PM
Nov 1, 2014 12:37 PM

Jul 2013
CrotakuShinobi said:

To be fair, Taiga was tiny so she could be cute. Ilya is tiny because reasons, more than just to be cute.
VerchanNov 1, 2014 12:40 PM
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Nov 1, 2014 12:37 PM

Feb 2014
CookingPriest said:
chickenonthepan said:
So many people here just just go and watch DEEN 2010 movie, so that "main plot" could come fast. LMAO.

I am already laughing at people going "wtf nothing happened"

Those expecting an "action show" might as well drop this. UBW is all about character exploration, through and through. Shirou's daily life and changes in it are part of that.

Exactly.

This isn't just a mindless action show, but more about the characters, plot, and world. Not to say that the action isn't fucking awesome though, it's just not the main focus. But even the action and fight scenes are all well thought out. With the Berserker fight, for example, we had so many different character motivations, strategy, skill, and foreshadow. So much that we can have a long lengthy discussion just about what was going on behind the scenes in that fight.

I think that speaks for itself right there on how much depth this series has.
Nov 1, 2014 12:38 PM

Jul 2007
Aren't we supposed to spoiler her fucking age since its kind of HUGE spoiler as it was NOT revealed yet?

Spoiler that shit.
Nov 1, 2014 12:39 PM
Jul 2018
Another amazing episode, Saber's new outfit is lovely :3
I like all of these slight changes and foreshadowing, too. Ufotable certainly knows what they are doing.

Mar 2011
Wow, I have checked other forums and I have to say this episode sure has gotten a lot of hate.

Aug 2013
Oh yeah, get hyped for the next episode because shits get real :)

I love the pacing so far. There not going too fast, it's the opposite in fact, since they are adding new scenes to the original scenario, like the one with Ilya and the one with Mitsuzuri. The encounter with Kuzuki-sensei is quite interesting too.

Rin is being her habitual tsundere.

Aaaand, now she's doing her spooky face :O

Shirou imidiately regret it...

The food show has started, fuck yeah.

And Shirou is having an awkward souper xD

How to make Saber happy in one simple step :

Fate/stay loli butt.

''Will senpai ever notice me?''

Happy Sakura is best Sakura.

Here's my Rin album for this episode : http://imgur.com/a/h4qGc
Here's my album of this episode : http://imgur.com/a/d7XfK
minouneetzoeNov 1, 2014 1:09 PM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:
Aren't we supposed to spoiler her fucking age since its kind of HUGE spoiler as it was NOT revealed yet?

Spoiler that shit.

Does it matter? She's not a big part of the story.
Nov 1, 2014 12:41 PM

Jul 2013
yellowmumba said:
CookingPriest said:

Spoiler that shit.

Like Horton Hears A Who said, a spoiler's a spoiler, no matter how small.

Plus if not here, she'll become relevant during the HF Movie(s) anyway, and it's not like anyone in their right mind will watch that before UBW.
Nov 1, 2014 12:41 PM

Feb 2014
CookingPriest said:

Spoiler that shit.

It's kind of too late now since it's already been quoted..... :/
Nov 1, 2014 12:42 PM

Sep 2012
Lots of great bonding in this episode.
CG looked pretty good in Rin's scene.
Oh god who are you people?

Sep 2013
AHHH, it's so perfect.

Rin never ceases to be a badass.

I loved the OST this episode.

Feb 2010
Vexper said:

>inb4 priest reply that the loli scene was 'fitting, deep and symbolic' or that this episode wasn't a harem one.

I'm already laughing.

"looks priests this is my bait post."
Nov 1, 2014 12:43 PM

Sep 2012
CookingPriest said:

Spoiler that shit.

*Sigh*, what's done is done I guess.
Nov 1, 2014 12:43 PM

Dec 2007
Great episode, just everything about it was done well. I never fail to love when Fujimura gets attention. And the ptsd is a great addition, it never hit as hard before but it makes me remember that Shirou is haunted very much by his past.

lol at this thread too, the people that started shit in other threads trying to bait the priests again.
Nov 1, 2014 12:44 PM
Aug 2014
JabonHR said:
yellowmumba said:

Plus if not here, she'll become relevant during the HF Movie(s) anyway, and it's not like anyone in their right mind will watch that before UBW.

She's relevant in Heaven's Feel?
Nov 1, 2014 12:45 PM

Sep 2012
Vexper said:

I'm already laughing.

Nothing wrong with a little build up.
Keep in mind that this will probably have another season.
Nov 1, 2014 12:46 PM

Jul 2013
yellowmumba said:
JabonHR said:

She's relevant in Heaven's Feel?

I thought you said you read the VN.
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by oilapqoi »»
May 15, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.