Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 12, 2014 2:23 PM

Jun 2011
About the PV,

Liked this episode, but wasn't amazed or anything. Maybe I wasn't in a shoujo mood today. 7/10.

[i]Mod edit: spoiler tagged the spoiling spoiler
koleareAug 12, 2014 3:18 PM
Aug 12, 2014 3:50 PM

Jan 2014
That ending. I knew it was coming. It was such a great scene!
Aug 12, 2014 5:19 PM

Sep 2013
I-------- Are Shojo romance normally this stressful?
I swear my heart was beating so fast during the train scene, and ugggh all the suspense. I'm so glad he came off though, things are going to get interesting with butthurt Yuuri.

I can't wait for these new characters everyone is talking about.
Aug 12, 2014 7:47 PM
Aug 2013
kawaii-despair said:
Ugh,I don't hate Yuuri,but her reasons to fall in love Kou are pretty stupid IMO. "He is so nice,he helped me!!!! Not like other boys would do that to a girl,wow!!!!! Such a gentleman!! He also looks nice and cool!!" Hell,she can have a harem based on that.

I know right? Her reason is really silly.

Also...in the pv...please don't tell me they are bringing
Aug 12, 2014 9:13 PM

Aug 2008
Last scene is nice.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 12, 2014 9:54 PM

Jul 2010
I guess I did find Yuuri a little annoying being a burden to Futaba :O Not anymore though at the end ^^

Really enjoyed the "I can't help it but to fall for him" moments >.<
Kou waiting for him by the locker. The train scene with that high tension, the moment where if Kou stays!
It was sweet that Futaba now fully realizes that she loves Kou and at the end wanting Kou to stay!
FatefulLoveAug 12, 2014 10:04 PM
Aug 12, 2014 9:54 PM

Jun 2014
i was rooting for kou to stay on the train >.>.
Aug 13, 2014 1:06 AM

Dec 2012
Silvertide said:
kawaii-despair said:
Ugh,I don't hate Yuuri,but her reasons to fall in love Kou are pretty stupid IMO. "He is so nice,he helped me!!!! Not like other boys would do that to a girl,wow!!!!! Such a gentleman!! He also looks nice and cool!!" Hell,she can have a harem based on that.

I know right? Her reason is really silly.

Also...in the pv...please don't tell me they are bringing

You should've read previous comments,that girl is

Also,based on the characters listed,I think Narumi will not appear. I HOPE at least.

SweetCoconut said:

You mean a cutie blonde who will be liked at first by the girls~

Yes. At first. Only at first.
Aug 13, 2014 5:06 AM

Feb 2014
I hate this kind of anime, you know the technique where the author drops a bit of this a bit of that scenes to "have a bit of romance" between the main male and female character. The stereotype that is the main male character that dispairs deep inside. The stereotype of the main female character where she contradicts her relationship to a guy whom she doesn't love?

Hell the whole stereotype of not being honest that turns the female lead to a whore, you know dating someone you don't even love :D

Even without seeing the manga I predicted this anime to be the sort of:

A new character is introduced and everything goes CHAOS. Like:

Without new character = 100% healthy

With new character = 10% healthy

This is just my opinion, no need to get worked up because that energy will be wasted since I only drop in-drop out to these threads. I don't like forum that have post count except reddit and steam community forums (in steam your worth is in the number of games owned, so far I have 1400+).

Dropped.
afnakfanfnAug 13, 2014 5:15 AM
Aug 13, 2014 7:10 AM

May 2013
Wow! I thought he didn't get off the train. Still, it was nice. Some unique stuff happened.
Futaba now decided that she also fell in love with Kou. Yuuri should be pissed. Haha!
It was good she was finally honest with herself.
Aug 13, 2014 7:47 AM
Jan 2014
To be honest, I actually liked how the train scene was presented.

It felt very artistic to say the least, albeit a little exaggerated.

I figured Kou would get off from the train, even though it didn't seem like it until the very end.
Aug 13, 2014 1:37 PM

Mar 2014
StevenHu said:
Finally. It was about time Futaba admitted her feelings.

I can't believe it took six episodes to merely get this far.

Thanks, you took my words. :)
Aug 13, 2014 5:02 PM

Jan 2014
StevenHu said:

i never understand the "Kou is not Kou anymore" in the first place,he just grow older and people change with time.If they get married will she start crying after 3 years because he changed...I thought she loved him before he moved away?So why all those struggles I:
Aug 13, 2014 5:20 PM

Mar 2014
This anime is destroying my life. I'm feeling so bad about Kou and Futaba like they can't just KISS NOW
Aug 13, 2014 5:24 PM

Jul 2010
Here is that my weekly dose of pure and genuine romance doesn't disappoint. I don't know if they changed something from the original work, but the pace seems pretty fine to me. Anyway I'm simply loving this show so far, in these kind of shows I usually say something like "skip the teenager emo stuff and go for the kill you heroine" but in this case I find myself really interested in how the things will slowly develop.

Futaba is love, Futaba is life.
Aug 13, 2014 10:11 PM

Jul 2012
I really liked the last scenes in this episode where he waited for her and the scene with him getting off the train. I liked this episode :)
Aug 13, 2014 11:42 PM

Nov 2012
This episode was perfect. I loved it so much...but once again this anime makes me sad because

Also the art was great in this episode (a great recovery from the laziness in art from the last episode). I hope they continue on this track!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2014 8:15 AM

Apr 2011
I knew Kou was going to get off that train. Just such a great episode.
Aug 14, 2014 10:15 AM

May 2009
Awesome episode. Lots of exiting moments and lots of romantic moments. The train-part was my favourite part.. I was holding my pillow the whole damn time. Can't wait for the next episode!
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Aug 14, 2014 1:14 PM

Jan 2013
I love watching love triangles play out. That's not the case now. If there was one show that I just wanted to see 2 individual's love grow, it's this one. I guess you can say that this situation can help that growth but I just wanted drama free love for a little longer haha.

Let's see how this goes. We're still seeing everything from Futaba's perspective and it would be nice to see how Kou feels through words soon. He clearly cares a lot about her and I want to see the same kind of inner monologues with him.

The OST is so beautiful.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Aug 14, 2014 5:43 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, that train scene was stressing as fuck. I mean, it was obvious that he would get out of the train, but I still saw the small possibility of him not getting off...

Well, it took an whole episode, but as I thought, Yuuri sudden love helped her make up her mind. Now, she can go forward in her relationship with Kou.

I was laughing so much at Kominato scene. Murao give below zero fuck about him, poor lad xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 14, 2014 11:34 PM

Feb 2014
So I have been following this anime but have not read the manga, from what I can tell it is still going and has a lot of drama to it. We only have 6 more episodes left. What do you think the chances of this anime ending happily are? Is there a chance Futaba and Kou will end up together or at least confess to each other? I really hate inconclusive endings and I was hoping for this to be a happy romantic type ending. Does anyone know?
Aug 15, 2014 12:56 AM

Jun 2013
Smiled like an idiot while cupping my face when I realised Kou did step out of the train

Futaba finally admits that she loves Kou :))))))

I wonder who's that girl from middle school though. another new character huh....
Aug 15, 2014 5:43 AM

Jan 2011
I didn't think he got off for a second there.
Aug 15, 2014 8:41 AM

Aug 2012
I'm really glad Futaba finally accepted her feelings.
I've been in the same situation as Futaba/Yuuri/Kou a while back as well (obviously gender-reversed) back then my friend told me that he loved the girl I had loved for the past year or so (without him knowing). At the end of the day it's better to talk about it, for all parties involved.

I cried during that last scene when Kou got off the train (Even though it was obviously going to happen)
.................................................................................
Aug 15, 2014 10:53 AM

Feb 2014
I honestly thought the artwork is nice but it turned out only the pilot episode. Too bad the artwork degraded badly since ep 2.

This is no happy ending. They won't get together (dating someone you don't love and not being honest with that guy. Typical Futaba character, typical shoujo character :D) as evident in the manga.
Aug 15, 2014 3:38 PM

Jan 2014
If I were in Futaba's situation, I would openly discuss this with my close friend. Bad things are sure to happen when you don't.
"When I close my eyes, I can't see."
-Anonymous
Aug 15, 2014 4:59 PM

Jan 2014
Mmm, I hope Yuuri doesn't like Kou just to have drama in this anime. Her reasons for her crush weren't particularly convincing. I hope she can at least be mature when Futaba and Kou inevitably hitch up. I also hope the anime doesn't just end when that happens.
Aug 15, 2014 9:16 PM

Jun 2013
Took long enough for a confession. Decent ending
Aug 16, 2014 2:09 AM

Mar 2011
every time that insert song (i will by chelsy) plays i cry
Aug 16, 2014 7:46 AM

Jan 2014
Well that was interesting. It was funny in some aspects, pretty sweet in others. That rivalry now is sure something that will give to talk about.
Aug 16, 2014 1:21 PM

Dec 2013
The highly anticipated Train scene didn't disappoint. I'm glad that they're faithfully following the manga, I loved the scene with the band-aid, and the big reveal of how Kou was onto Futaba's "sniffing" habit from the get-go. Means that he was well aware of her from since Middle School.

Now I'm not only hoping for a second season, but hopefully a 2 cour, given the pacing of the story right now.

A perfect shoujo SOL gem.

By the way, can someone please give me the name of the song that played during the Train Scene? I really need that on my playlist. It's beautiful.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 16, 2014 3:24 PM

Jun 2008
The whole Yuuri falling in love with Kou felt forced and is happening just to create drama. I mean, of course he would offer to help you cross a river. I wished that it was a better reason for her to fall in love with him. That he would confront some bullies for her or something like that.

Mirianime said:
They take some parts of the manga.. :(
But love it anyway :D

Here's a tip. Never get your expectations high when watching an anime adaption of a manga you've read.
Aug 16, 2014 8:09 PM

Jan 2013
There is no not falling for Kou. Yuuri you will just be an added obstacle.
I'll be upset if the manga ends with them getting together, there should be an after story
Aug 16, 2014 10:45 PM
Aug 2013
afnakfanfn said:
I hate this kind of anime, you know the technique where the author drops a bit of this a bit of that scenes to "have a bit of romance" between the main male and female character. The stereotype that is the main male character that dispairs deep inside. The stereotype of the main female character where she contradicts her relationship to a guy whom she doesn't love?

Hell the whole stereotype of not being honest that turns the female lead to a whore, you know dating someone you don't even love :D

This is just my opinion, no need to get worked up because that energy will be wasted since I only drop in-drop out to these threads. I don't like forum that have post count except reddit and steam community forums (in steam your worth is in the number of games owned, so far I have 1400+).

Dropped.

So you didn't read the entire work and you
Yet I still like this manga/anime even though it's like that...

LonelyWizard said:
StevenHu said:

i never understand the "Kou is not Kou anymore" in the first place,he just grow older and people change with time.If they get married will she start crying after 3 years because he changed...I thought she loved him before he moved away?So why all those struggles I:

When you don't see someone for three years they really change. Think about it. They may be similar, but people can have drastic personality changes in three years. She fell in love with a boy who was kind, energetic, smiling, friendly. The Kou now rarely smiles, he teases her, and she can't seem to reach him. Clearly this boy has had one of those drastic personality changes. She is saying that he doesn't have the same personality she fell in love with. If they got married she'd see him almost every day of those three years, and so she'd be watching him change and understand why he'd change.
So, the bottom line is, is that she's struggling to understand if she loves Kou as a person, or just his former personality. She realized he wasn't the same at all, but then she just realized this episode that even though he isn't the same she still loves him and his current personality. This is Futaba recovering from the shock of Kou's three year drastic personality change.
Hope I explained this well!

somuchkawaii said:
So I have been following this anime but have not read the manga, from what I can tell it is still going and has a lot of drama to it. We only have 6 more episodes left. What do you think the chances of this anime ending happily are? Is there a chance Futaba and Kou will end up together or at least confess to each other? I really hate inconclusive endings and I was hoping for this to be a happy romantic type ending. Does anyone know?

This isn't really a spoiler but it kinda is, it's the only way to answer your question, it's very vague though but if you still don't want to read it then that's fine.

Also, though Futaba has similar traits to those annoying cliche shoujo girls, I wouldn't be keeping up with the sorry if she was exactly like them. They can get really ridiculous and Futaba isn't exactly like them at all. This is my opinion and a sort of reply to any of those saying that Futaba is just like any other annoying shoujo girl.
Aug 16, 2014 10:52 PM

Apr 2014
The anime compared to manga is really, really good. I don't know how they're gonna end it, really hope there's a second season.
Aug 16, 2014 11:22 PM
Jun 2014
She removed that bandaid so slowly... :/
I actually wanted Kou to HAVE gone with the train >:)
Kou has almond eyes, right?

Aug 17, 2014 12:14 PM

Jul 2009
I am sure they will find a nice guy for Yuuri too, and she just started to like Kou coz he was nice, Futaba loves him since back then, she was just not aware of it, now she is ;)
Aug 17, 2014 9:37 PM

Feb 2014
Silvertide said:
afnakfanfn said:

Dropped.

So you didn't read the entire work and you
Yet I still like this manga/anime even though it's like that...

LonelyWizard said:

When you don't see someone for three years they really change. Think about it. They may be similar, but people can have drastic personality changes in three years. She fell in love with a boy who was kind, energetic, smiling, friendly. The Kou now rarely smiles, he teases her, and she can't seem to reach him. Clearly this boy has had one of those drastic personality changes. She is saying that he doesn't have the same personality she fell in love with. If they got married she'd see him almost every day of those three years, and so she'd be watching him change and understand why he'd change.
So, the bottom line is, is that she's struggling to understand if she loves Kou as a person, or just his former personality. She realized he wasn't the same at all, but then she just realized this episode that even though he isn't the same she still loves him and his current personality. This is Futaba recovering from the shock of Kou's three year drastic personality change.
Hope I explained this well!

somuchkawaii said:

This isn't really a spoiler but it kinda is, it's the only way to answer your question, it's very vague though but if you still don't want to read it then that's fine.

Also, though Futaba has similar traits to those annoying cliche shoujo girls, I wouldn't be keeping up with the sorry if she was exactly like them. They can get really ridiculous and Futaba isn't exactly like them at all. This is my opinion and a sort of reply to any of those saying that Futaba is just like any other annoying shoujo girl.

Thank you for answering!
Aug 18, 2014 10:35 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
When the doors of the train closed I knew he would stay with Futaba. He didn't want to be rude and leave her at the station, that and he wanted to help her out.

Feel bad for Yuuri, she needs to make a move on Kou. Futaba finally accepts her feelings, but at the cost of lying to Yuuri.

Aug 18, 2014 11:30 PM

Jan 2014
Silvertide said:

LonelyWizard said:

So, the bottom line is, is that she's struggling to understand if she loves Kou as a person, or just his former personality.

Nice answer,next episode also showed that she was not sure if she loves Kou or not...
Aug 19, 2014 9:25 PM

Jul 2012
I like the pacing of this. We're halfway done and there's already the realization of her feelings. The train scene...Although I've read it before, I actually couldn't guess what was going to happen here.

Also, people were commenting on how 3 years didn't make that big of a difference...That's wrong, because it does. I'm in the same situation as Futaba and a person can really change in that short amount of time, especially because it's during their teenager years.

Anyway, still lovin' this show. So refreshing and relatable.
Aug 26, 2014 8:04 AM

May 2010
That insert song keeps playing at the the best spots, its unfair! Another great episode.
Aug 27, 2014 3:33 AM

Oct 2013
sigh

The first episode of this series was just amazing. It was overflowing with feels and gave me a lot of hope for this series. But nothing's turning out like I expected.

I was hoping this would finally be a slice of life where the anime begins with the romance and portrays the struggles of the main characters trying to deal with the romance, not this teasing around the "do I/do I not love him/her?" element that pervades every single anime like this. Guess what, there's a reason Clannad After Story is so highly ranked on MAL: because it's the only damn anime which actually shows the struggles of a blossoming relationship.

I'm still liking this series quite well, honestly. It's cute, the romance makes me giddy like a girl, but... I was hoping it'd be different from the leagues of anime with the same exact plot. I bet Kou and Futaba don't even hug proper until the final episode of the anime.

And that train scene at the end was stupid. It was so painfully obvious Kou would get off the train, but the animation jumps around multiple scenes, always purposely blocking the view right in front of Futaba.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 27, 2014 1:18 PM

Aug 2007
And... If Kou didn't get out of the train, what will Futaba do?
Aug 29, 2014 7:57 AM

Jan 2014
Nice, nothing really happened after all, aside from finally have a realizing Futaba admitting her love for Kou. Now I hope she will put indecisiveness apart and go straightforward, because Kou's doing it, giving clear signs of interest I mean.

Feeling sorry for Yuuri to a certain degree, after all Kou and Futaba kinda deserve it, I guess.

When the class was laughing at Kominato because of porn I laughed, as well as some other funny moments.

The last scene was way too obvious! Not that really bothered me, but that fast change of sceneries were overdid.
And, why we're at episode 6, so half the show, and still we didn't see a scrap of a development or adding depth to Murao and Kominato? That's bad.
Aug 31, 2014 5:25 AM

Oct 2009
Grrrr too cheesy >//<!!

Meh, starting to get annoyed by Yuuri :S
Sep 7, 2014 6:15 PM

Jun 2013
Another terrific episode! :)
Sep 11, 2014 7:13 PM

Mar 2012
Wanted to see what would happen if Kou did go on the train lul. Reminded me of the train scene in Sakurasou which was done a lot better.
Sep 12, 2014 6:04 PM

Dec 2013
Meh...

There's good melodrama and bad. This is the latter. Still no meaty character work, sense of tension, or even conflict. Just, he loves me, he loves me not. The only good scene was the porn reference.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2014

177 by _Fishy_ »»
May 20, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2014

162 by _Fishy_ »»
May 16, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

296 by Kotori-chama »»
Apr 13, 8:47 AM

» Season 2?

Roni1703 - Apr 3

27 by v4lerria_a »»
Apr 5, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

377 by Fenyy »»
Feb 23, 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.