Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2014 6:41 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
I have mixed feelings. I've watched the old anime many times and I have read the manga. However I always preferred the anime over the manga despite having filler because the other characters had more development and screentime. The manga felt way too rushed and it mainly focused on Usagi/Chibiusa. For some other things though, I preferred the manga, like the manga version of Rei/Minako, SuperS, etc.

The visuals were pretty but the animation is still typical Toei, so I never expected much. That transformation was also bad and hopefully the next episodes will have a short version of it.

Some complain about the new Mamoru but he was that way in the manga and he is definitely more useful unlike in the old anime. Usagi was portrayed better, she is not that immature.

The OST disappointed me, also. But it's still the first episode, so we will see. I believe a mixed version of the old anime + manga would have been better.
Jul 5, 2014 6:41 AM

Jul 2007
tommy73 said:
amare135 said:

I don't understand what you expected. Everyone wanted a manga adaption, everyone complained about the original anime. Now that we get it people start complaining about it being a manga adaption.

>everyone complained about the original anime.

Sorry, who did? I loved the first season and loving the third. It has great qualities. Stop pulling false assumptions from your ass.

Its same situation as with FMA:

Everyone sane (pretty much every single person in manga fanbase) hated the adaptation and what it did to their favorite characters.
Anime only viewers worshiped the adaptation anyway.
Jul 5, 2014 6:42 AM

Mar 2012
2 episodes per month... well, it could be worse...

The anime isn't bad at all, I always thought it was shitty =X
Jul 5, 2014 6:43 AM

Apr 2009
Well, original is not always better. I vastly prefer S1 and S3 over anything in the manga I saw so far. Ga-Rei fans will probably agree with me as well.

Fai said:

Its same situation as with FMA:

Everyone sane (pretty much every single person in manga fanbase) hated the adaptation and what it did to their favorite characters.
Anime only viewers worshiped the adaptation anyway.

Both FMA adaptions are on a high level of quality imho. FMA 2003 is darker and executes the first half way better, whereas Brotherhood is more consistent and has a better ending. I have no problems with diverting from the source as long as it is done well. SM was such a case for most of its run. Also, there are still A LOT of people that prefer 2003 to FMAB, in fact I often hear a lot of complaining about the changed tone in Brotherhood.
NidhoeggrJul 5, 2014 6:46 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 5, 2014 6:47 AM

Mar 2012
amare135 said:
tommy73 said:

>everyone complained about the original anime.

Sorry, who did? I loved the first season and loving the third. It has great qualities. Stop pulling false assumptions from your ass.

Sorry you must be new lol. Obviously not everyone did but most Sailor Moon fans wanted a faithful adaption.

I think you're misinterpreting here. The way you worded:
>Everyone wanted a manga adaption, everyone complained about the original anime. Now that we get it people start complaining about it being a manga adaption.
Because they're two different sets of people, according to you. Not everyone has read the Sailor Moon manga, and a LOT of people have seen the anime in their childhood and not read the manga. The first set of people complaining about the original anime are, who you stated, manga fans. The other set who's complaining about it being an adaption are not manga fans.

Also, just because an adaption is faithful doesn't mean it's good. I hope people understand that (not saying the manga is bad - haven't read it - but it doesn't mean the original anime is necessary to cross out either).
Jul 5, 2014 6:48 AM

Nov 2011
Fai said:

Yes, Rei was changed in regards to romance. But that's just that. The rest are very similar to me. What I initially said is that the old anime chose to develop these apparently random manga panels (like Minako dressed in volleyball suit) and make them into full episodes, which build on the character. My impression of the manga is that it does not focus on any of them. It does only when it is a
whatever moment.
And truthfully speaking, I liked the Rei-Usagi sort of competition in the anime. Which is totally different than manga, where I just feel like Usagi had no special connection to any particular girl.

About character development in narratives.... it's not essential. What you talk about is called a "bildungsroman" and you should better resume to just what you learned in school and not on what every kid is repeating here without having a clue on actual literature theory. Cuz in like 5th grade we learn character development is not essential in any story/narrative call it whatever, it's just one type of stories.

That being said, I consider I have given all my arguments on the anime not being a complete hack but actually doing some things better. Also, you are making another huge mistake. 20-21 years ago, when the anime started airing, there was no such thing as "generic stereotypical anime girl" simply because it was among if not the first anime with a group of girls. Therefore, your accusation is at least hilarious.
Jul 5, 2014 6:50 AM

Oct 2011
amare135 said:

Sorry you must be new lol. Obviously not everyone did but most Sailor Moon fans wanted a faithful adaption.

Most? Pretty sure 100% of everyone I've ever known who was a Sailor Moon fan loved the original anime. And that's actually quite a number of people.
Jul 5, 2014 6:52 AM

Jul 2007
lordzeru said:
amare135 said:

Most? Pretty sure 100% of everyone I've ever known who was a Sailor Moon fan loved the original anime. And that's actually quite a number of people.

And I am pretty sure that 100% of everyone you knew were anime-only casuals.
Jul 5, 2014 6:53 AM

Oct 2011
Fai said:
lordzeru said:

And I am 100% sure you are completely wrong.
Jul 5, 2014 6:54 AM

Apr 2009
What a compelling argument, lol.
Jul 5, 2014 6:59 AM

Jul 2007
lordzeru said:
Fai said:

And I am 100% sure you are completely wrong.

Concession accepted.
Jul 5, 2014 7:00 AM

Nov 2011
lordzeru said:
amare135 said:

Sailor Moon has this huge fanbase because of the anime, not the manga. And ofc they wanted a manga adaptation too, simply because it was different and because after getting to love the story and readin about Naoko and her issues with directors changing some of the characters, everybody probably felt like the right thing would have been to keep it as the original.
Most of the shit people complain, and that is mostly the 1 week monster thing, was totally not an issue years and years back, when this kind of show was successful. This was the idea of Sailor Moon, to create a girl team just like Power Rangers (true story lol).
But as kids, as most of us were when we started watching and falling in love with SM, monster of the week was not at all an issue and in fact even now I still, personally, enjoy having more background and story material on the characters.
Jul 5, 2014 7:01 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Been waiting for this show since I heard the remake in December.

Serena falls down the stairs XD
That's classic Serena, total klutz

All of the characters have a much better design especially Tuxedo Mask and a short Ami appearance at the end of the episode.

I was going to rewatch Sailor Moon but now I can rewatch the remake instead.

"In the name of the moon, I'll will punish you" - Sailor Moon

I lol's when Serena slowly picked up her briefcase while not taking her eyes off Darrien.

I'm waiting to see Rei and her voice.

Jul 5, 2014 7:02 AM

Jul 2011
Stark700 said:

IN THE NAME OF SAILOR MOON, I'll PUNISH YOU. Ah, that line is so classic.

It's "in the name of the moon", -___-

SweetKotomi said:
Been waiting for this show since I heard the remake in December.

Serena falls down the stairs XD
That's classic Serena, total klutz

All of the characters have a much better design especially Tuxedo Mask and a short Ami appearance at the end of the episode.

I was going to rewatch Sailor Moon but now I can rewatch the remake instead.

"In the name of the moon, I'll will punish you" - Sailor Moon

I lol's when Serena slowly picked up her briefcase while not taking her eyes off Darrien.

I'm waiting to see Rei and her voice.

Haha I loved that scene too!!
As rei is my second fav character I am excited for that as well!

It doesn't count as a rewatch! It will be totally different!! Watch the original too!
MoonXArtemisJul 5, 2014 7:06 AM
Jul 5, 2014 7:08 AM

Feb 2008
Morridine said:
Most of the shit people complain, and that is mostly the 1 week monster thing, was totally not an issue years and years back, when this kind of show was successful. This was the idea of Sailor Moon, to create a girl team just like Power Rangers (true story lol).

Well this show is going to be monster of the week too, because each manga chapter featured one monster (that was expanded in the older TV show). So if someone disliked the original because of that format, they probably won't like this either.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jul 5, 2014 7:10 AM
Apr 2014
I loved the episode, sat and re-read the first few chapters of the manga and it really stayed close to the manga this time I can't wait for the next episode. So far liking this a lot more than the original.
Jul 5, 2014 7:18 AM

Nov 2011
Fai said:

Squallina said:

I will keep watching in the hopes that after the obligatory character introduction episodes, things will speed up, including the animation and the action. Right now, it's incredibly sad that while it looks much prettier, it moves far slower on screen than it's predecessor.

The first story arc will take up ~13 episodes. It took something like 40+ in previous adaptation. Not sure wtf you are talking about.

Ah I see how my statement could have been confusing. What I meant was that the obligatory "Here is a new Sailor Scout" episodes are going to be a little slow and samey to many of us. However I meshed together that kind of slow (the slow pacing of the story) with the slow animation. I can't understand why it looks and feels slower.

It's hard to explain but I'll try: In the original version of the anime, she has a lot of panicky movements and big action sequences for her attacks. In this version, it felt like one cut of her in an awkward position after a fall or a scare was enough for the animators. Even in her new transformation sequence, her bangs flap less than in the original (which is probably due to the style of CGI). Also, I couldn't tell if she threw her tiara or if it just sort of floated itself towards her enemies. I feel no power now, only prettiness. I would have liked a better balance of both.

Everything about the new version feels so slow and dreamy, which is nice in the romantic parts but doesn't work for me in the action parts.
Jul 5, 2014 7:21 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Opening song is awesome!

Usagi is so clumsy. Didn't expect her to go for a kiss with the "Black Cat." O.o

Looks like Naru's "mom" is the primary culprit now, stealing peoples' energies via jewelries.
That looks she gave upon Naru opening the door was creepy..

Transformation scene wasn't so bad, though it was CG animation.

Crying that emits Ultrasonic Waves is quite formidable.
That "Moon Tiara Boomerang" was awesome though; one-shotted that demon!

"Tuxedo Mask" seems like a cool guy. Would like to see him fight soon.

Good start. Usagi & Luna will surely be a great duo!
VindstotJul 5, 2014 7:25 AM

Jul 5, 2014 7:22 AM

Jan 2013
1. Show feels cheap and made to exploit morons who would watch a garbage show just to see new sailor moon.

2. The mouths are so ugly.

3. I'll watch episode 2 if i havent completely lost interest while waiting TWO FUCKING WEEKS for the next episode.
Jul 5, 2014 7:30 AM

Feb 2014
I really liked this episode. The art was pretty good and the Opening was amazing. I can put up with the CGI. Though I notice there's some CGI in the opening. I guess I can see why its biweekly. Although it has its flaws, such good quality can't come from every week. I mean, I rather have a show with good quality every two weeks than have a show with good quality on some episodes and bad quality on others every week. I give it a 4/5. Can't wait for next episode!
Jul 5, 2014 7:32 AM

Oct 2010
The art style is a little distracting but I can get used to it. Though I do absolutely agree that Usagi shouldn't have lipstick! She and all of her peers! That's not the only factor that makes her look older, but it's the most easily fixed I think. I recall that the addition of lipstick during henshin was one of the "maturation" signifiers -- I remember it most clearly with the outer senshi. The current character designs remove that distinction.

Voice Actors: I don't think Usagi sounds like Usagi despite being Usagi. I don't want to say the seiyuu is too old for that role now...but.... I'm on board with some people that you either bring back the entire cast, or you make a whole new cast. And I severely miss Han Keiko. I thought it would've been adorable to cast Han Megumi as Luna. Oh well.

For the music: I thought it was mostly appropriate. I do love the choir. There are moments where I detect little homages to the original OST, though I am not sure if they are intentional or my imagination. These are moments like the distorted guitar and heavy drums that I feel like are a reference to the 90's anime (and for the record, I think all early and mid-90's anime music sounds like American 80's). There was also an arpeggiating synthy descant somewhere that I'm sure I could find a counterpart to in the original series. I liked the ending more than I liked the opening, actually, but I'm sure the opening will grow on me. I severely miss Moonlight Densetsu though -- but with Momoiro Clover Z it's best they do their own thing. I have the Sailor Moon Tribute album and their cover of Moonlight Densetsu is nothing amazing.

The transformation: I apparently differ from everybody here. I LOVE the transformation. I feel it's because the CGI was a non-factor for me. It didn't distract me. I was fascinated by how it was basically the exact same thing as the 90's transformation: many of the same poses, all of the same visual motifs, even a very similar order of events -- but with closer frames, dynamic shots, and extreme perspectives. I loved that they borrowed the side-perspective for the compact-ribbon burst from a later version of Sailor Moon's henshin, and when they suddenly cut to a sweeping close up of the skirt I was ECSTATIC. I admit that the noodly arm is distracting, but I understand that they were trying to create an exaggerated sense of scale to express her power, like how actors wearing rubber giant-monster suits move slowly when destroying a cardboard city. How effective or necessary the noodly arm is I suppose is a different matter....

On Toei animation: I guess this is the place where I have a straight up complaint. There was a shot that zooms in to close up Usagi's face, and it's obvious that Toei took a static frame and scaled it - I HATE when anime scales a frame. And Toei does it so extremely too. Static frames don't bother me so much (see: Attack on Titan). but scaling is my number one indicator of stingy animating. It's why I think Fate/Stay-night looks cheap. 2nd, there was a moment where the features on Usagi's face looks extremely crowded, like her head is too small to hold face. Then she turns her head away, then turns back, and it now it looks okay.

An observation: Moon tiara boomerang wasn't a stock sequence! At least not in the sense that Moon Tiara Action was a fully self-contained sequence that rivaled the henshin's in the 90's. In Crystal, it took about 11 seconds. At the very least, they might be using stock frames and changing the backgrounds to match the setting. Either way, I'm hoping this means fights will be more dynamic action! Clearly, it's too early to tell.

Anyways, Ami Mizuno! How I've missed you! I will be counting off the days for the next two weeks.
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Jul 5, 2014 7:36 AM
Feb 2013
I actually liked the transformation scene, dunno why. Best part of the remake is tuxedo mask's chara design for me.
Jul 5, 2014 7:37 AM

Mar 2014
the transformation scene was awful, they should of just kept it as 2D animation. Other than that, i actually enjoyed it
Jul 5, 2014 7:42 AM

Mar 2009
I really wish I wasn't a fan coz it is so hard for me to cope not finding the glorious feelings I had back in the day !

It is often true that you cannot have the same degree of suprise and heartthrob that you used to have but some changes are drastically failed at being great !

The music !!! Where is the fantastic sound ? ( Arisawa-sensei you will be forever missed )
The transformation is a PAIN !!
The chara design grew on me but I can't prevent myself from saying that some hentai have better looks come on it's Sailor Moon !!!! Why she is not pampered like the mythic anime she comes from ?

Concerning my biggest ISSUE ( and everyone knows that ^^' ) VOICE ACTING

I love Kotono it's true she is the best, but I think she pushed too hard, she should have used a lower key but she will reappropriate her role because no one can take this character away from her

Luna voice acting is weird !! Where is the motherly voice of Keiko ?? Luna is not supposed to be a dumb cat, she is a mother figure for Sailor Moon, a real support not supposed to be kawai or plain cute

Tuxedo Kamen has a nice voice but TORU FURUYA is a GOD !! Why they did not take him back Oo

Ikuko mama by Yuko Mizutani is very good ( she is a veteran, so she fits the part so well )
( Takagi-san still have a special place in original anime fan ;-) )

I love Shingo's voice, Kawashima Chiyoko lack is not that bad for this part ( Umino and Naru are okay too )

The worst is to come . . . Inner senshis new voice acting and the notorious Kanemoto san -_-

One word : BITTERSWEET
TsukinooujiJul 5, 2014 7:52 AM
Jul 5, 2014 7:44 AM

Sep 2010
Fai said:

The first story arc will take up ~13 episodes. It took something like 40+ in previous adaptation. Not sure wtf you are talking about.

Omg, I love you. Everything suddenly makes sense. SO awesome. I'll be able to at least see Sailor Pluto before its done. Though I sincerely hope that if they continue to make these after this season, that they release episodes weekly rather than bi weekly. As is gonna be forever b4 the Black Moon Family Arc starts.

Squallina said:
Ah I see how my statement could have been confusing. What I meant was that the obligatory "Here is a new Sailor Scout" episodes are going to be a little slow and samey to many of us. However I meshed together that kind of slow (the slow pacing of the story) with the slow animation. I can't understand why it looks and feels slower.

It's hard to explain but I'll try: In the original version of the anime, she has a lot of panicky movements and big action sequences for her attacks. In this version, it felt like one cut of her in an awkward position after a fall or a scare was enough for the animators. Even in her new transformation sequence, her bangs flap less than in the original (which is probably due to the style of CGI). Also, I couldn't tell if she threw her tiara or if it just sort of floated itself towards her enemies. I feel no power now, only prettiness. I would have liked a better balance of both.

Everything about the new version feels so slow and dreamy, which is nice in the romantic parts but doesn't work for me in the action parts.

Lol, those "Here is a new Sailor Senshi" moments are actually going to progress the story alot in this one.

As for me, I totally flippin loved this episode. So nice to see the actual story portrayed and with rather decent quality at that. To see Tuxedo Mask as what he actually was, a jewel thief searching for the Silver crystal, n not a rose throwing pansy there to offer pep talks ;P

Gogo TUXEDO THE SMOKING BOMBER!!! lols

Only negative things I can think of would be the crappy CG transformation and the OP and ED songs (though that part may just be nostalgia talking.) Songs wise I was kinda hoping they'd just do a revamped Moonlight Densetsu.
Suzune-chanJul 5, 2014 10:39 AM
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."

Jan 2013
nanoflower said:
I really liked this episode. The art was pretty good and the Opening was amazing. I can put up with the CGI. Though I notice there's some CGI in the opening. I guess I can see why its biweekly. Although it has its flaws, such good quality can't come from every week. I mean, I rather have a show with good quality every two weeks than have a show with good quality on some episodes and bad quality on others every week. I give it a 4/5. Can't wait for next episode!

They dont make this show week by week.

And as far as animation, music, and voicing goes, the quality is really sub par for a seasonal anime that was delayed 3 times.

Oct 2010
I noticed that Moon Pride borrows a motif from Moonlight Densetsu in the first verse, and I'm not sure if I'm pleased or annoyed by that.
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Jul 5, 2014 7:47 AM

Jan 2013
The transformation scene was nothing like the original.

The original scene wasnt a camera zooming around her at 90 miles an hour to make it seem like lots of stuff was happening when it isnt.
Jul 5, 2014 7:54 AM

Oct 2010
SolviteSekai said:
The transformation scene was nothing like the original.

The original scene wasnt a camera zooming around her at 90 miles an hour to make it seem like lots of stuff was happening when it isnt.

I think it's unfair to say it's nothing like the original. It's more like it took the original and amped it up that zooming angle, but really almost the exact same things are happening. Compare it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1xXXfvBPc0#t=102

Please, dislike the new version all you like. I for one am happy to consider it a shiny modern homage to the original.
Jul 5, 2014 7:56 AM

Mar 2011
I read a few months ago in Sailor Moon Wiki I think how Takeuchi claimed that Leiji Matsumoto's art affects her art style in Sailor Moon. I was confused because I didn't see it in the manga (except the height etc.), but now I definitely see the resemblance. Not that I mind though. Hotter Tuxedo Mask is always a plus.

I'm happy with the faithful adaptation of the manga, and I hope they continue to do so until the end. All those transformations and pose made me feel like a kid again. Loving it.
Jul 5, 2014 8:04 AM

Nov 2008
galimx said:
The old one transformation scene is miles better than the new one.

Yeah the new transformation is just not very good. Also the opening theme Moon Pride is awesome, but the ending theme gekkou left a little to be desired, it's average overall. The pacing is some of the best I've witnessed in years and I'm willing to wait the 2 weeks necessary to make sure everything is sound.

Jul 5, 2014 8:09 AM

Oct 2013
lol that cgi transformation Please no more XD
other than that no complaints brings back memories !!
[/quote]
Jul 5, 2014 8:12 AM

Mar 2012
I rather liked this show, Im not as a big fan as other people here, but i stll remeber watching this show when it aired on the Fox Kids channel back in the old days, and seeing this one brought back so many nostalgic memories of those days, huh good times.

I rather like the new animation and it is really good they are sticking to the original manga source this time, without ADDING SO MUCH FILLER like in the original series.

the only problem i have is that each episode is bi weekly but other than that, yeah it made a very good first impression. so lets see how it will go from here.
Jul 5, 2014 8:17 AM

Jun 2009
lordzeru said:
amare135 said:

Most Sailor Moon fans I know have only read the anime, the number I know who have read the manga are much smaller. Personal experience aside, it seems the anime is far more popular than the manga. Of course the manga fans want an anime version which will be loyal to the manga (and it sounds like that's what they intend to create with this version) but I think a re-make that combined the best aspects of the original anime and the manga would be more successful than one based solely on the manga. The manga is good but like the original anime it has flaws, so I think combining the strengths of the original anime and manga would be brilliant rather than a straight manga adaption.
Jul 5, 2014 8:20 AM

Jun 2013
Loving that new Sailor Moon animation, I only just recently finished the whole original series so i was looking forward to this quite a lot. Usagi is very clumsy are usual and Mamoru looks pretty damn cool in that Tuxedo. Near the end of the episode we see a bit of Ami so next episode it will probably feature her in it, and we also saw Jadeite one of the villains of the show.
Jul 5, 2014 8:20 AM
Oct 2009
I liked the modern look of the colors.... and I liked that all the guy characters are so much better-looking than in the original. P: Isn't it all that matters? I kid. I thought it was too bad that they kept Mitsuishi for Usagi.... She's not bad, but she sounds really annoying xD
Jul 5, 2014 8:21 AM
Jul 2018
Dem vintage chara designs. Can't wait for Mars and Jupiter <3
Jul 5, 2014 8:22 AM

Apr 2013
pretty good. lots of nostalgia

cgi was alright.

animation alright too

character design takes a bit of getting used to

love the ost.

bit disappointing that a classic series like sailor moon does not get the budget it deserves
Jul 5, 2014 8:23 AM

Apr 2008
Tears of happiness all 'round.!!!! :'D
Jul 5, 2014 8:27 AM

Oct 2010
I think one of the reasons I'm so open to the flaws of this series is because I remember Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon (the live action). If you judge the whole series by the first episode, you'd miss out on a pretty incredible show. It's henshin was incredibly cheesy (Crystal outshines it by far, imho), and the acting was horrible, and omg Luna (cgi-luna? Stuffed-doll-luna? Both were horrible please just pick one and go with it!)

In fact you have to live through about 8 episodes, and then it improves dramatically. Some of it's flaws are rectified (acting improved, for instance), and other did not (stock transformations are stock, after all -- though later
. But in the end it was a great show despite it's flaw.

So I have hope.
Jul 5, 2014 8:28 AM

Oct 2010
xSanox said:
pretty good. lots of nostalgia

cgi was alright.

animation alright too

character design takes a bit of getting used to

love the ost.

bit disappointing that a classic series like sailor moon does not get the budget it deserves

True. this series should've had the budget of budgets. And maybe not Toei.
Jul 5, 2014 8:29 AM

Dec 2009
I am so pissed. After waiting for like forever after the original announcement of the show, this is what we get?

Did they seriously waste all of the shows budget on Momoiro Clover or something.
The animation is shit, the chara designs are shit, the background art is absolute pile of garbage and I am not going to talk about the CG transformation. What are they thinking? This is seriously a spit in the face by toei to fans of Sailor Moon.
Is it really just "Hey they wanted a Manga adaptation, but they probably do not want any kinda effort at all, just that they get the story is the important part."

Disgusting. Toei could maybe take a little money from their dear Pre-Cure and actually try to produce a watchable product to all of us expecting something special.

I will continue watching as I never finished the manga, so it will be nice to see what the story is. So please no spoilers manga readers. Not everyone have read the manga.

Toei should be ashamed.

For now. Original anime > This.

Fucking quality shit right here in the spoiler.
Jul 5, 2014 8:32 AM

Apr 2009
Sir_Lexa said:
I am so pissed. After waiting for like forever after the original announcement of the show, this is what we get?

Did they seriously waste all of the shows budget on Momoiro Clover or something.
The animation is shit, the chara designs are shit, the background art is absolute pile of garbage. What are they thinking? This is seriously a spit in the face by toei to fans of Sailor Moon.
Is it really just "Hey they wanted a Manga adaptation, but they probably do not want any kinda effort at all, just that they get the story is the important part."

Disgusting. Toei could maybe take a little money from their dear Pre-Cure and actually try to produce a watchable product to all of us expecting something special.

I will continue watching as I never finished the manga, so it will be nice to see what the story is. So please no spoilers manga readers. Not everyone have read the manga.

Toei should be ashamed.

For now. Original anime > This.

Fucking quality shit right here in the spoiler.

You think Toei actually spends money? Look at the recent Precure season and One Piece episodes.... This is just modern Toei being Toei, they don't care equally about all their series.
Jul 5, 2014 8:36 AM

Dec 2009
^^^

Oh right, forgot about that. I have been complaining about the One Piece art for a couple of years now.

Oh and they could at least have had some of the original cast return. But I guess it's still the fuck you to the old fans.
Jul 5, 2014 8:37 AM
Jul 2018
I think I prefer the original Sailor Moon's first episode over this. Still, this wasn't bad. Not something I'd call really good either, but I think overall it was all right and I'm ready for more.

I hated Usagi's voice actress at first though. Original Sailor Moon Usagi's voice didn't bother me as much (in the Japanese version).

Cat was cute. Music was nice. Transformation CGI was weird and looked like a video game.
Sir_Lexa said:

With the exception of the faces I actually think that looks pretty.
But yeah, the animation was pretty minimal.
removed-userJul 5, 2014 8:41 AM
Jul 5, 2014 8:42 AM

Jan 2013
The sad part is this show still looks like it was made in 1991.

I mean, sure, defend yourself for being hyped by calling it "retro" or whatever, but if you showed someone this show theyd probably just think it was made in the 90s with the other shit, minus the "buy our toys" transformation scene.

This show is a cheap shitty cash grab by toei, and the DESPERATE Sailor Moon fans who will let Toei bastardize a classic just because they want more shit to watch are a shame on their fanbase.

I'd love to see a new Season of Deadwood, more than almost anything, but if it was going to be a b movie show with low budget issues featuring reused audio from the Sopranos, id gladly pass.
Jul 5, 2014 8:45 AM

Jul 2013
"In the name of the moon, I will punish you!"

Maaan, I miss Usagi's silliness and her banter with Mamoru XD

Overall the remake is great. I love how they maintain the old design and make it even prettier. The CG transformation isn't as bad as people made it to be, in fact I think it's cool how they animate the gloves and boots forming.. it's probably why they decided to go CG in the first place.

On to my childhood crush Ami next episode, she's the reason I had a preference towards short hair girls. NERD GIRL IS LOVE!!!!
Jul 5, 2014 8:47 AM

Sep 2010
Battlechili1 said:
I hated Usagi's voice actress at first though. Original Sailor Moon Usagi's voice didn't bother me as much (in the Japanese version).

Lol, its the same voice actress.

Sir_Lexa said:
^^^

Oh right, forgot about that. I have been complaining about the One Piece art for a couple of years now.

Oh and they could at least have had some of the original cast return. But I guess it's still the fuck you to the old fans.

They did o.O Mitsuishi Kotono was brought back to play Usagi. That's really all they needed ;P

Also I didn't really notice w/e it is you were seeing with animation quality. Animation looked great imo. cept the CG but CG is always terrible to use in anime. Wish the whole industry would stop using it : /
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."
Jul 5, 2014 8:49 AM
Mar 2013
Battlechili1 said:
With the exception of the faces I actually think that looks pretty.
But yeah, the animation was pretty minimal.
The faces bothered me as well. More specifically, it was the lips. They just look overly accentuated and puffed out.

Apart from that I liked most of the animations. What did you think the CGI transformation?

Khaoticsuccubus said:
Battlechili1 said:

Yeah, Usagi has the same VA but she still sounds different because of the 10+ year gap. Her voice was much more expressive and child-like back then.
Jul 5, 2014 8:50 AM

Apr 2009
Khaoticsuccubus said:

However, she doesn't fit the character as well as the 90s adaption imho - maybe it is because Usagi was shown to be more.. expressive & genki (??) back then. Visuals and voice harmony less in this case, I feel like the voice matches worse now.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2015

41 by Eziprez »»
Feb 24, 7:25 PM

» Am I the only one who finds Sailor Moon more "traditionally girly" than Tokyo Mew Mew?

removed-user - Jan 18

1 by a0t3a »»
Jan 19, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2015

40 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 2, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

37 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

32 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.