Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 20, 2020 5:50 PM

Jan 2020
It's funny that Sasuke was originally paired up with Naruto for the purpose of controlling the nine tails. Nice to see Hiruzen's squad too. The ending part was so nice and nostalgic.
Jan 13, 2021 3:47 PM
Jul 2020
That whole filler arc was really good!!!!! I loved seeing Kakashi’s point of view on everything. If anyone skipped these they are missing out big time!!!
Mar 24, 2021 3:42 PM

Dec 2007
greatly love this final ep for this beautiful arc, i really feared they just gonna do full recap of ep4-5 of part I but they made it all from kakashi prospective nice and clean.

my fav scene is the moment he enters the class, that just shows how all this arc shaped kakashi's mind - very unlike you would think on the first time you watched ep4 in part I, there you would think that kakashi really fell for naruto's mischief, and then you would think for yourself along kakashi's development with the continue of the series- "wait, this is the same kakashi that fell for that stupid naruto's mischief???", here they actually answered it in very genius way - how kakashi really react, that from the first moment he enters the class he already test their teamwork from stupid trap, really priceless moment.

and of course, i couldn't they forgot that last scene from ep5, where naruto scream xDD
that was done beautifully well and ended a masterpiece arc that doesn't even in the manga, but i have hard time to call it non-canon nor filler, the only downhill of the arc is with that smoke clan, which the only thing it learned us is why the hell kakashi calling yamato tezuna, but that forgotten easily as the arc continue with the appearance of itachi and more good things.

other thing i really liked it's all the danzou vs sandaime political theme, at some point i even told myself (and said it here) that this arc should just be called "danzou: shadow of the konoha", there's seriously good part of their political issues (that only made me hate danzou more) combined with the grow of kakashi as we know of, which is also one of my fave naruto character.

10/10
for this great arc,
wonderful job pierrot.
User-NameMar 24, 2021 3:46 PM
May 6, 2021 2:51 PM

Mar 2019
OMG, I can't!!! This is not a filler in any way. This "filler" arc really showed us a lot of things. For example hearing that Sasuke was chosen to control Kurma in the future was unexpected. I just thought that all 3 of them were in a team just for the sake of "haha funny, they all hate each other but they got in the same team". Well tbh, Sakura still seems like a random pick.

That ending was so sad and amazing. To think that during that challenge, in the og naruto, Kakashi had so much things on his mind, it's just amazing. Same with that prank. I never thought anything of it.

Kakashi is overall a great character and I love him. This epsiode almost made me cry. Now, for the CANON EPISODESS!!!
Alex_TheForestMay 6, 2021 2:56 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 9, 2021 11:09 AM

Jun 2019
And so they finally show how cold blooded Kakashi turns into the lovable one. I love how they showed the same scenes from Kakashi's POV. And the way Team Minato pushed Kakashi, that made me tear up ๐Ÿฅบ love this "filler" arc. I'm almost not excited to go back to the war ๐Ÿคฃ

I wonder if Kakashi could talk no jutsu Obito back to sanity?
"To keep enduring, no matter what, until things come to pass...perhaps that's what it means to be a ninja." - Uchiha Sasuke
May 9, 2021 11:12 AM

Jun 2019
anikevin said:

Kakashi couldn't control Sasuke. I bet Kakashi unconsciously focused more on Naruto and Sakura since those 2 reminded him of Obito and Rin. Kakashi always had a hard time understanding himself and his actions, no wonder he couldn't understand the Kakashi of his group, Sasuke.

Heeeeey. This is a nice theory ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ‘Œ
Though from Naruto's perspective, he felt neglected by Kakashi when he taught Sasuke Chidori ๐Ÿคฃ
"To keep enduring, no matter what, until things come to pass...perhaps that's what it means to be a ninja." - Uchiha Sasuke
Nov 27, 2021 6:52 AM

Feb 2021
That was pretty nostalgic ngl. And thus it's the end of the Kakashi Gaiden, my friends. It was pretty darn good ngl. The best 'filler' (if you say so) until now.

Apr 14, 2022 12:49 AM

Oct 2019
Where to start , this episode is not filler its sad who skipped this one .
Kakashi recovering from past slowly slowly and was becoz of team 7 was such a good decision made by his friends to make him a jonin leader.
Hiruzen have good knowledge of every shinobi and eye for character, I miss him ๐Ÿ˜ญ.
Its utterly sad that every member in Minato died accept Kakashi and seeing them all come to support Kakashi and pushing was pure sweet on eyes.

I hope they get back

“If you want to know who you are, you have to look at your real self and acknowledge what you see.”
- Itachi Uchiha

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” — Albert Einstein

May 3, 2022 2:23 PM

Nov 2019
Ok, so I watched whole Kakashi ANBU arc at once and I can say it's one of my favorites at the moment. Not as mind-blowing like Pain's Assault or what happened after Madara appeared for sure, but I adore watching backstories which help understand each chracter better. Now, after these 14 eps, I look differently at Kakashi's generation of jonins as whole.

Why am I looking for psychological aspects in shonen btw, it kinda shouldn't work like this.
May 5, 11:55 AM
Apr 2023
Happy for my white haired man.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 73 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xLtay - Aug 28, 2008

52 by natsuyah »»
Yesterday, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 14 Discussion

izikiel - May 17, 2007

31 by pickyotaku »»
Jun 1, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 166 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Knave - Jun 24, 2010

216 by KoniginElle »»
May 26, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 213 Discussion ( 1 2 )

711 - May 26, 2011

85 by Fludddd »»
May 25, 7:53 PM

» Who are your top 20 favorite Naruto characters?

SupremeGod - May 13

35 by Chunkzz422 »»
May 22, 12:29 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.