Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 12, 2009 9:44 AM

Jan 2009
Awesome beginning when Haruhi is humming ride of the valkyries, the classic war tune i.e. apocalypse now and I also believe Battle Royale.
Sep 12, 2009 11:03 AM

Aug 2008
This whole episode (and all of the first season) is the reason why I like the series. It's a shame that so much crap was bookended by really strong episodes.

4/5 for the episode
3/10 for the show
Sep 12, 2009 12:48 PM

Mar 2008
indeed, i also think it was a continuation from the ending of first season, when kyon said he was gonna tell haruhi about aliens time travelers and espers...sry if this has already been brought up too lazy to read rest of thread ;)

Sep 12, 2009 12:51 PM

Jun 2009
I like this seemingly planless season, where everything is causing confusion, but anyone who did a little bit of research might be able to see that it was well thought out from the beginning. I am up for anything that's going t happen before the end of this year. ^_^

5/5 for the episode
10/10 for the season
Sep 12, 2009 1:19 PM

Jul 2009
sarahwest said:
I like this seemingly planless season, where everything is causing confusion, but anyone who did a little bit of research might be able to see that it was well thought out from the beginning. I am up for anything that's going t happen before the end of this year. ^_^

5/5 for the episode
10/10 for the season

Lolz well you don't let anything get you down do you?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Sep 12, 2009 2:15 PM

Aug 2007
hehe, I like the idea that Mikuru is more untrustworthy than Koizumi. I hadn't really thought to question his explanations until this episode. I think his make more sense, but then again, it's hard to say what to believe. I'd like to trust Yuki the most.

btw, Tsuruya was listening to Mikuru and Kyon's conversation... :\
Sep 12, 2009 2:25 PM

Jul 2009
As usual made me want more -_- KyoAni made this even worse...
Sep 12, 2009 3:15 PM

Jun 2009
I, for one, enjoyed the hell out of Sighs. The arc developed Haruhi and Kyon and, to me, it puts Koizumi and Asahina in a suspicious light. Well done.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 12, 2009 3:24 PM

Sep 2008
Is this the last episode? No, I want more. D: + I've heard so many good things about Disappearance so I was really curious. Aw well, I wanted to get caught up with the novels myself first anyways...
Awesome ep imo. I lol'd at the end and the talking cat xD And I noticed Tsuruya listening to Kyon and Mikuru's conversation too...hmm, wonder whats up with that.
The whole thing between Mikuru and Itsuki kinda came out of nowhere though. It was interesting and all, I guess, but it was kinda confusing and makes me wonder what's up with both characters. Which one can we trust, if either? I don't know, I would've preferred if it wasn't included personally (seems like unneeded drama to me) but meh. Could get interesting, I suppose.
If this is the last episode, then I have absolutely no idea what to rate it. Endless eight was an interesting idea, regardless of what people say, but I have to admit I didn't really enjoy it. And it took up half the season! Actually, a little more than half. So a little more than half the season was a non-stop repeat of the same thing :| The rest was still awesome, aside from an episode or 2. Hmm, talk about a hard to rate series.
Hoping for another season~ Will have to get around to reading the rest of the novels soon :3
Sep 12, 2009 3:56 PM

May 2009
Okay, cutting back to the end of Melancholy to give closure to this arc was absolutely brilliant. Perfect ending to a great adaption of an arc that was one of the less interesting novels.

In spite of all that's transpired, I still want more. Bring it on.
Sep 12, 2009 4:35 PM

Oct 2008
Talk about saving the best for last.. If all episodes had been of this quality this series would have been through the roof.

I still want more though, hopefully new episodes air soon!
Sep 12, 2009 6:54 PM

Feb 2009
Woah I was waiting for the part where Shamisen is talking it is so cool, not only does he talk he philosophize to such a sophisticate cat.

I never thought that the movie from the first season was so complicated like one of my classmate used to say "this is a nightmare in the daytime"
Sep 13, 2009 3:03 AM

Aug 2008
My... An amazing epi peps!!! Indeed... This totally makes us think of what the author really wants to happen in the end... I totally agree that NAgato is protecting Kyon all the time... but why he huh? I starting to believe.. To feel more and more... I'm convincing myslef that Kyon is the key for evolution.. that Kyon is God... or something like that... The conflicts between everyone's Point of View are so realistic... That stays true to a human relationship... And I love it.. Man... Tsuruya has something to explain... She has to be something else too!! Someone that has a different view of the things than Yuki and Mikuru and Koizumi...

that's actually why I hate Koizumi... 'cause he's a horrible actor... He doesn't know how to lie... I completely agree everyone is unreliable at this point... I just hope everything ends up well for everyone

Lol at Shamisen's voice and speechs and behavior hahaha.. Lol also at the crazy sword-wielding running Middle Age-ish men around the school, and YAY for Tsuruya being there!!! And who the hell edited the movie for Kyon huh? that's still a big mystery for me guys...

The last convo between HAruhi and Kyon was completely fun peps!! I was laughing all the way through it!!! The faces Kyon mimic were hilarious ahahaha... and the reply he got from Haruhi... SOOO PRICELESSS!!! Hahahahahaahah

Now now... just be calm... The whole novel material will be animated someday right? YEah I know the E8 pissed a lot of you... But hey that was actually a groundbrealing idea... Just be patient.. And believe you'll got the Dissapearance... I'm sure it's the next arc that will come... Seeing them filming the movie actually made me want to rewatch episode 00 XD

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2009 5:40 AM

Jul 2009
Lvhina said:
LOL , in the end it is just bunch of weeaboos who have no say in "anything" because they just leech

series is gone.... enjoy your wait for 3 years until disapperance, that is if more fans are still around

as to the fanboys that praise the last couple episodes. that would not make up for the EE .. idiots.

Edit: the most disgusting thing with this is people are satisifed with these episodes because they are comparing them to EE .... which is why .. they are idiots.

Actually it seems like you're the idiot. Are you downrating EVERY episode of this season just because Endless Eight was in it earlier on? The idea of this discussion is to talk about episode 14 iirc, NOT Endless Eight, no matter how awfully boring it was. This episode itself wasn't all that bad really.

You say that people are idiots for liking this because they're comparing it to EE, but you seem to be rating the whole season based on EE which is even more silly.
BacahillSep 13, 2009 6:28 AM
Sep 13, 2009 6:03 AM

Jan 2009
Olymunaai said:
Lvhina said:
LOL , in the end it is just bunch of weeaboos who have no say in "anything" because they just leech

series is gone.... enjoy your wait for 3 years until disapperance, that is if more fans are still around

as to the fanboys that praise the last couple episodes. that would not make up for the EE .. idiots.

Edit: the most disgusting thing with this is people are satisifed with these episodes because they are comparing them to EE .... which is why .. they are idiots.

Actually it seems like you're the idiot. Are you downrating EVERY episode of this season just because Endless Eight was in it earlier on? The idea of this discussion is to talk about episode 14 iirc, NOT Endless Eight, no matter how awfully boring it was. The episode itself wasn't all that bad really.

You say that people are idiots for liking this because they're comparing it to EE, but you seem to be rating the whole season based on EE which is even more silly.

And just to add something, Endless Eight wasn't even that bad, I actually more or less enjoyed it (◔ ◡ ◔)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 13, 2009 6:13 AM

Jul 2009
Oosran said:
Olymunaai said:
Lvhina said:

Actually it seems like you're the idiot. Are you downrating EVERY episode of this season just because Endless Eight was in it earlier on? The idea of this discussion is to talk about episode 14 iirc, NOT Endless Eight, no matter how awfully boring it was. The episode itself wasn't all that bad really.

And just to add something, Endless Eight wasn't even that bad, I actually more or less enjoyed it (◔ ◡ ◔)

me too tee hee
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Sep 13, 2009 9:50 AM

Sep 2007
unellmay said:
Oosran said:
Olymunaai said:
Lvhina said:

me too tee hee

Those lies were funny when people were still raging over Endless Eight but now the season is over, let it rest in peace...
Sep 13, 2009 9:52 AM

Jan 2009
Spade said:
unellmay said:
Oosran said:
Olymunaai said:
Lvhina said:

me too tee hee

Those lies were funny when people were still raging over Endless Eight but now the season is over, let it rest in peace...

Although I was actually serious >.>
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 13, 2009 10:41 AM

Jul 2009
Oosran said:
unellmay said:
Oosran said:
Spade said:
unellmay said:
Oosran said:
Olymunaai said:
Lvhina said:

me too tee hee

Me too <_<

You are?: o I thought I was the only one to find some enjoymend in Endless Eight ^^

I watched every episode since it had mikuru in a different bikini
and then payed attention to the stuff that wasn't in the last and newly created animation and such twas good
Sep 13, 2009 10:43 AM

Jan 2009
unellmay said:
Oosran said:
unellmay said:
Oosran said:
Spade said:
unellmay said:
Oosran said:
Olymunaai said:
Lvhina said:

me too tee hee

Me too <_<

You are?: o I thought I was the only one to find some enjoyment in Endless Eight ^^

I watched every episode since it had mikuru in a different bikini
and then payed attention to the stuff that wasn't in the last and newly created animation and such twas good

Well, I liked most of it actually, except for Mikuru : o And well, they did have different clothes in every episode of EE : D
Sep 13, 2009 12:30 PM

May 2008
So this is the end of season 2 besides the ones we already saw in season one? I hope so.

This episode intrigued me. At first I was getting irritated because of Koizumi's ridiculous nonsense about Haruhi being a god. Mikuru's and Yuki's explanations were much more better imo. Even though Yuki's was complex, it still seemed to make more sense than Koizumi's which had many holes in it.

Which confuses me..Yuki said Koizumi only became an esper 3 years ago, which was when Haruhi started getting into this stuff? Then how long has Yuki been an alien, and Mikuru been a time traveler? All their lives? If so, it makes Koizumi's explanation even more confusing.

The scene between Koizumi and Kyon was very nicely done though. I liked the troubling atmosphere going on in that scene, and the animation for Koizumi in general.

Haruhi bothers me as always. At first she wants to have friends that are ESPers, time travelers and aliens. Yet Kyon tells her her friends are each of those things, and she doesn't believe him? Shocking.

In the end, all we can do is do what Kyon and Haruhi did in the end.

SMILE '^_______________________^'

._.
StarPebblitSep 13, 2009 2:37 PM

Sep 13, 2009 12:33 PM

Jan 2009
There we go, that's a real combo breaker, there's no way in hell to come back into the loop after that post >.<
You sir, *points at KayChan4U* you're awesome.
Sep 13, 2009 2:38 PM

May 2008
xD Indeed I am.

Sep 13, 2009 2:39 PM

Mar 2009
good episode, and I loved Shamisen *o*

Sep 13, 2009 4:22 PM

Feb 2009
I do not understand the animosity against Endless Eight I found it quite "interesting" on how it bring out the worse out of fans and that means a lot. I sure do remember when it was over and God knows how freaking happy I was.
I always wondering how they did it that way. I think that three episodes would have done the trick, with eight we definitely got a little bit in Nagato's shoes.
Sep 13, 2009 8:01 PM
Jan 2009
loved the episode, i enjoyed listening the the 3 major groups give their little expositions and ideological differences
Sep 13, 2009 8:14 PM

Jan 2008
This entire season summed up by Kyon in the last scene.

*Facepalm*
Sep 13, 2009 8:17 PM

Nov 2007
lmao awesome episode xD Shimasen is pretty awesome himself ^^" and odd occurrences happening everywhere was lol material, so is this the end of season two =O?
Sep 13, 2009 9:25 PM

Apr 2009
KayChan4U said:
So this is the end of season 2 besides the ones we already saw in season one? I hope so.

This episode intrigued me. At first I was getting irritated because of Koizumi's ridiculous nonsense about Haruhi being a god. Mikuru's and Yuki's explanations were much more better imo. Even though Yuki's was complex, it still seemed to make more sense than Koizumi's which had many holes in it.

Which confuses me..Yuki said Koizumi only became an esper 3 years ago, which was when Haruhi started getting into this stuff? Then how long has Yuki been an alien, and Mikuru been a time traveler? All their lives? If so, it makes Koizumi's explanation even more confusing.

The scene between Koizumi and Kyon was very nicely done though. I liked the troubling atmosphere going on in that scene, and the animation for Koizumi in general.

Haruhi bothers me as always. At first she wants to have friends that are ESPers, time travelers and aliens. Yet Kyon tells her her friends are each of those things, and she doesn't believe him? Shocking.

._.

Last part: Yes, except I'm going to be doing what only Kyon did: facepalm.

KhalReblic23 said:
This entire season summed up by Kyon in the last scene.

*Facepalm*

Words of truth.
Sep 14, 2009 7:06 AM

Feb 2009
gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg need to watchhh
My pokemon bring all the boys to the yard...
Sep 14, 2009 12:54 PM

Apr 2009
Whaaaaa?!
It ended? OO
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Sep 14, 2009 4:05 PM

May 2009
didn't this cat had the same voice as the cat in darker than black ?
Sep 14, 2009 10:07 PM

Jan 2009
Tabrisrp said:
Now that you mention it.. I didn't really think about it : o I might just have to rewatch Darker Than Black now xD (Just to see if it's true, that is : p)
Sep 14, 2009 10:09 PM
Jul 2009
WHAT THE HELL IT JUST GOT GOOD!
I really hope something is else is coming after this.

Tabrisrp said:
I thought the same thing too.
Sep 14, 2009 10:13 PM

Apr 2008
Good ep to finish off a pretty good story. Still didn't like Endless Eight.

Sep 15, 2009 12:03 AM

Sep 2007
Tabrisrp said:

I thought the same thing when I first heard his voice! They're indeed very similar XD

But, once I compared the two, Shamisen's voice sounds a bit more rough, and a little bit older. I'd check the voice actor listings on the credits just to be sure though...
Sep 15, 2009 12:36 AM
Aug 2009
KayChan4U said:

._.

O.o Did you watch the anime properly? It was mentioned by Nagato that any one of them could be lying, because different people see things differently and have different memories. Although i guess when the Integrated Data Entity was created by Haruhi it was implanted with the memory of existing forever, while for Koizumi it would be 3 years ago, because that's how Haruhi wants the history to be. Memories can be implanted.

Yeah and i dont see how you didnt see that line talking about Haruhi's common sense kicking in at the wrong time. As much as she wants to believe espers and stuff do exist, common sense still tells her that it is impossible. Besides, they havent shown her any powers at all.

One thing does intrigue me though. Who added the effects to the movie? Although Kyon pointed to Nagato, I think it was more of Haruhi or Kyon who did that. Heheh, I hope Kyon will have some special powers in future.
Sep 15, 2009 12:37 AM

Sep 2008
^___^
Sep 15, 2009 12:54 AM

Aug 2008
How many of you noticed -- how they're talking about Haruhi mixing fiction and reality -- as the same table where Endless Eight ended/kept repeating?

Koizumi mentions about the world being altered -- and -- the glass was placed down right in front of our view (hence an altered view). :D

That's genius.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Sep 15, 2009 8:07 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Haha. Haha!

Amusing episode, Koizumi was hilarious. Oharuhi-sama too of course. Wonder what's next. :D

Pure genius series indeed.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 15, 2009 8:27 AM

Jan 2008
Verry good last episode.

If just the whole E8-thing didn't happen...(even though there were both really good and plain boring E8 episodes -in the way of presentation)

The last four episodes were as good as season one

5/5 for the episode
6/10 for the show
PerplexSep 15, 2009 10:08 AM
Sep 15, 2009 10:43 AM

Feb 2008
hahahaah. what the hell did he think would happen. it isn't like she doesn't want to believe him. It is not something you can believe just from someone's words. as far as she was concerned, the movie was progressing normally. those four are the only ones ho ever sees anything abnormal.

the conversation between the cat and them was probably the more interesting bit of this episode.
Sep 15, 2009 1:12 PM

Nov 2007
About visual effects... I think Haruhi "altered" Kyon in way he could make simple visual effects. It's most plausible for me, especially marks from night on keyboard. If Nagato would do it, still she would need to touch keyboard. Freakin fast, but she still will need it.

Asahina about Koizumi - OMG, so evil. It sounded like he was Big Evil Boss, or future head of "Church of Haruhism".

Waiting for Disapperance.
Waiting.
Waiting.
I think it will be MY endless eight.

Sep 15, 2009 1:14 PM

Jan 2009
GigamanPL said:
About visual effects... I think Haruhi "altered" Kyon in way he could make simple visual effects.
The effects made themselves *nods* With a little help from Haruhi's subconcious, of course : p
Sep 15, 2009 11:11 PM

Dec 2008
Haha...I enjoyed this episode. Loved the ending....Haruhi couldn't believe the truth.
Sep 16, 2009 5:34 AM
Sep 2008
was it just me or was there a ponytail when kyon enter the room that was dropped very fast?

and for the effect i think it was haruhi thinking that kyon could do it and did (when he didnt)
Sep 16, 2009 2:12 PM

Jul 2008
saxophone said:
Haha...I enjoyed this episode. Loved the ending....Haruhi couldn't believe the truth.

lolz this >_< hmmmm
wat to watch next...
Sep 16, 2009 3:48 PM

Sep 2009
Yay! I no longer despise Mikuru! She's A-OK in my books now.

Pretty cool episode. If that's all they have for us this time around, though, then it wasn't worth watching Endless Eight. .-.
-
Sep 16, 2009 10:12 PM

Jan 2009
Whiskers said:
If that's all they have for us this time around, though, then it wasn't worth watching Endless Eight. .-.
Time to rewatch Endless Eight, brb
Sep 17, 2009 10:34 AM

Aug 2007
'Male calico?', yeah, go Koizumi. He's right, they're usually female and it's almost rare to have a male one... I was like WTF when the cat actually started talking. I know that I'm watching, but it felt too random for some reason. Well, that's what you get with god-like powers... What weak reasoning: 'it was all a dream'. Anyhow, those guys looking like they come from some medieval time, hilarious. Wow, Koizumi wasn't smiling halfway, a rarity. Last part was hilarious with the editing.

Anyhow, nice episode [after all those failures].
DragonsWhipSep 17, 2009 10:41 AM
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Fabrice - Jun 18, 2009

204 by Timeline_man »»
Jun 6, 9:44 AM

» Sign here if you watch all eight episodes of Endless Eight. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shuffleair - Aug 13, 2009

1540 by nicosb2810 »»
Jun 5, 7:43 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

536 by Zucned »»
May 7, 2:46 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 30, 2009

276 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.