Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 22, 2014 1:44 AM

Sep 2013
So was I just not paying attention or did this episode just come up with and complete multiple plot points? I feel like the dragon and those tokens weren't set up well enough to make this a rewarding episode...
Mar 22, 2014 2:03 AM

Oct 2010
(-_- #) ... Even though Shichimiya is a great character, I feel that she totally ruined the flow of the show... well, her character wasn't the problem, but the timing she was introduced. If you are going to make a love triangle, at least start out that way, not introduce that triangle near the end of the second season.

Hopefully we get an intense 12th episode, similar to white album 2. Show Rikka the real dark flame dragon and send it to her dark abyss!
Mar 22, 2014 3:42 AM
Sep 2012
can someone explain to me how the anime has been different from the novel (either by pm or this forum)
Mar 22, 2014 3:52 AM
Sep 2012
Tengoku_no_hakai said:
Only one episode left. Don't screw up the ending now! We need something solid, something concrete... like a kiss and a love confession between Yuuta and Rikka will hit the mark.

Also there's one thing that has been bothering me through this whole season: and that is the fact that Yuuta has no male friends! And the only one he ever had has been reduced below support character level to the point of everyone forgetting about him (basically he does not count lol). Don't get me wrong! I'm all up for being surrounded by girls, but, from a westerner's point of view, I find it extremely unrealistic for a teenage guy (or any guy for that matter) to not have even one male friend. That sort of thing breaks the immersion and lowers the overall enjoyment level of any show IMHO.

i agree i dont know why they basically got rid of him, i enjoyed how yuta interacted with him in the previous season, talking about there love affairs etc. The season would of been much more enjoyable with him in it.
Mar 22, 2014 4:40 AM

Oct 2013
well hopefully the drama is over i want more cute!!!!! XD I don't think Satone was a terrible character if anything people liek that are a part of life and it help strengthen Rikka relationship with yuuta (kinda of)
Y U NO KISS! dammit haha overall good episode great visuals!!!
[/quote]
Mar 22, 2014 4:43 AM

Jul 2013
I'm happy that it's about to end. Such a disappointing follow-up to a great anime.
Mar 22, 2014 7:31 AM

Dec 2009
Well, Chuu2Byou 2 has easily gotten my biggest disappointment of 2014 so far. Lets see if it can stay at top spot until 2014 ends.
Mar 22, 2014 10:56 AM

Sep 2011
Hmm, I'm not going to make a judgment until the next episode airs, but man, Dekomori's jealousy. I love it.

To me, Chuunibyou has been pretty mediocre. Just a lot of moe blobs doing their usual SoL stuff plus some fight scenes to expand that horizon a bit. It was cute and the subtext (for various things) was strong, but I wouldn't say it's exactly my cup of tea.

Oh well, we'll see how it ends, I guess.
Mar 22, 2014 11:30 AM

Apr 2010
Finally the love triangle has ended.
It was unnecessary and it's sad because Satone is a cute girl. :(
I hope to see a kiss in the last episode, don't disappoint us, KyoAni.

I don't know how can they grow up to be a couple with all this chuunibyou fantasies.
Mar 22, 2014 2:35 PM
Jul 2018
"Bye-bye." Oh, Satone. ; ; <3
Mar 22, 2014 5:50 PM

Jan 2014
They made a little bit too big of a deal about Rikka going out and digging stuff. I think both Sophia and Rikka should wake the hell up and stop using chunbyo as an excuse to cover up their feelings. they should grow up! that would be a good ending to the anime
"I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil." - Senjougahara Hitagi
"What we see is reality, what we remember is an illusion." - Cloud Strife
Mar 22, 2014 9:32 PM

Aug 2013
So that is what Rikka was doing all along. I must admit I didn't saw it coming - we didn't really had any clue though.

Well, it was a bit deceiving, I was hoping for a bigger reveal or outcome. Shishimiya got out of her misery pretty fast - or did she? - and RikkaxYuuta relationship didn't advance... yay. Goddamnit Yuuta, you could have gone for a kiss or whatever. KyoAni must have difficulties to animate kisses... :P

About Shishimiya last word, it trouble me a bit. It wasn't cheerful or seemed like she was turning the page. She said it in a painful, like someone saying farewell before killing himself. Don't get what I'm saying wrong, I don't think she's gonna suicide herself, it just look like her problem isn't all solved in the end.

Fake Mori Summer was back! Glad she helped Shimshimiya a bit with her problem :)
And Dekomori is jealous!

I think that what Kumin said on Nibutani was really spot on, she just love everyone.

About Shishimiya drama :
Err, I know it's not really the general opinion out there, but I don't really sympatize with Shishimiya nor I find her ''fate'' cruel. I mean, she pretty much putted herself between a couple (yes, a weak weak couple) and tried to express her love (without being aggressive about it though) to Yuuta. She didn't really helped them to grow up, in fact, I believe that she kept pulling them lower. For exemple, myself I have a crush on the girlfriend of one of my close friend, but I don't try to get between the two or play behind my friend back. I appreciate the time I pass with them, but it doesn't go farter than that. Love can't always be mutual.

Also, we could say that Rikka also passed by a similar situation. In the first season, she slowly started to lose her chuunibyou because of love. The only difference is the context and the different personnality. Shishimiya have a more straight forward personnality and is more expressive than Rikka, it was a really different dynamic. Also, the fact that Yuuta was single when Rikka had her love problem make that the outcome were totally different. But I think that in some way, while people say that Rikka is dependant on Yuuta, which is true, I think that Shishimiya was too. If I remember correctly, she was already in love with Yuuta in their childhood and her world revolved Yuuta. What happened is that Yuuta left her without saying a word, being too much humiliated by his chuunibyou. You see where I'm going? The only reason Shishimiya wasn't dependant on him in the beginning of the season his that she took distance with him. What I'm trying to say is that if Yuuta left Rikka or abandonned her, she would also have to stop being dependant on him or else she wouldn't be able to function. The human have the ability to change, adapt himself and forget. That's exactly what Shishimiya did and the encounter with Yuuta made her fall back to her past self.

That's the two reason I don't feel particuliary bad for Shishimiya. She have gone through pretty much the same thing Rikka went through, but in a different situation/context.
Nothing good could happen by loving someone that is in a mutual loving couple - I know it myself sadly :(

Well, that was a lot of babbling for such a simple anime xD
The first season was in my opinion way more dramatic and interresting on his drama. I think it's what it is lacking in this season. They should have concentrated the season on Rikka and Yuuta relationship devellopment and make it more relevant. They are the two main protagonist of the show after all, it didn't really felt that way in this season. It's not a bad season, it's just a good comedy season and a bad drama season.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 23, 2014 12:17 AM

Aug 2013
this season is depressing
rikka increasingly unfunny, Stagnant personage
Shichimiya or Nibutani would be best romantic couple
just waiting to see how it ends = /

está deprimente esta temporada
rikka cada vez mais sem graça, personagem estagnada
Shichimiya ou Nibutani seriam melhores pares romanticos
só esperando para ver como acaba =/
Mar 23, 2014 4:12 AM

Apr 2009
I know he was referring to the Norns but the imagery I got in my head when the three names were mentioned were the Aa! Megami-sama! characters which are, of course based on the same Norse mythological characters. XD

Loved the summoning and action scenes near the end.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 23, 2014 5:42 AM

Nov 2007
I'm so annoyed by this show at this point. Satone and Nibutani were the only characters that made this season worthwhile at all, the rest were s o irritating.
Summing up what happened in this season:
Rikka and Yuuta hold hands. Rikka digs up some stuff. That's it.

I only kept watching because my real life friend told me it would get really cute. All I got was boredom and disappointment. OTL
Mar 23, 2014 2:09 PM

Apr 2013
The episode was fine but the whole season was pretty much pointless -_-
Mar 23, 2014 2:23 PM
Aug 2011
I've reached a point where all I want to do is slap all of these fucking KIDS.
Mar 23, 2014 3:09 PM

Dec 2013
There's really nothing I can say about Shichimiya and all the wasted potential that this season had, except for one aspect that few people have touched on.

When this season was first announced, there was one thing I wanted more than anything. More than the conflicts, the development, and the excitement that it did or didn't offer. I wanted to see the Dark Flame Master fight. I wanted to see him unload, the way Rikka, Dekomori, and Shichimiya would. But we got none of that. The "battle" with the Dark Flame Dragon was the most disappointing thing I could have seen come from this show.

Like everybody else, I'm upset that they failed to utilize the potential they had regarding the relationships in this season. Right now, though, that pales in comparison to how upset I am that the Dark Flame Master didn't get his time in the spotlight.
"Just because you're smart, doesn't mean you can't act stupid."

Mar 24, 2014 12:12 AM

Jan 2011
Here, eat grass :D
I died laughing, much the same way I did with the lite episode where Nibutani was trying to make the others eat grass :D Those antics are saving the show from being utter dissapointment for me.

Dunno, it really looks like Satone and Nibutani are the sole saviours if this season. Not enough Touka :(
And way too many female useless characters.

jiraiya_sensei said:
Wow Kumin-senpai.. who knew she was capable of such wisdom.

Dekomori getting jealous of Satone XD

I feel like a love triangle between Dekomori x Nibutani x Satone would be much more epic.

Yea, thats what the show degraded to - yuri triangle...
AlexGKMar 24, 2014 12:21 AM
Mar 24, 2014 12:31 PM

Aug 2013
Stark700 said:
Episode 12 PV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEKgoOF6734

So...filler episode?
Mar 24, 2014 12:47 PM

Jul 2013
Stark700 said:
Episode 12 PV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEKgoOF6734

This is troll, right ?
Mar 25, 2014 7:06 AM

Sep 2013
I want a season3!! I'm not sure if this is based off a novel or manga or if its o.g work. Can someone tell me if this is doing well in Japan? From the very 1st episode to now this series has been great. I seriously don't want this series to end. :(
Mar 25, 2014 7:30 PM

Aug 2011
Now that I'm up to date I must confess I'm a little bit disappointed. The series had a nice start but went down from chapter 7 and on.

It's not bad... just boring

» Escapism.

Mar 28, 2014 11:19 AM
Jan 2013
lm_L said:
Only good things about this ep were the sneaky nisemonogatari reference and the fact that pink-hair is finally gone

wut? Nisemonogatari references? Where?
Mar 28, 2014 1:08 PM

Dec 2011
Impressive both visually and in terms of events. Unlike the first season, this one is getting more enjoyable as it goes along.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 30, 2014 5:45 AM

Nov 2010
Kumin had some good screentime, need more of her!
Mori Summer showing up again was fun too

The sweet romance was lovely between Yuuta and Rikka
Awesome scenes at the end with Shichimiya slaying the Dark Flame Dragon
Mar 31, 2014 8:53 AM

May 2010
Nibutani rocked there. Deep words there by Kumin-senpai, "Love is like a dream."

Seriously... what about Satone? Don't go on ignoring her after showing her like that...
Mar 31, 2014 2:33 PM

May 2008
Please tell me that someone caught the reference on the name of the coins. I was expecting a love triangle from season but it didn't happen....bummer.
Apr 1, 2014 3:23 PM

Jan 2013
Bye bye.
Apr 1, 2014 5:28 PM

May 2012
That bye-bye in the end :'| Great episode though that ending was awesome! I do wonder what the final episode will offer us but it does seem the story is far from ending!
Apr 5, 2014 3:32 PM

Mar 2013
did anyone notice that the 3 keys were named skuld, belldandy and urd? that is one hell of an ah my goddess reference
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Apr 8, 2014 4:17 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Beautiful youth if you still can be so carefree! XD
One thing is understood, treat things in a serious way, it is possible this season.
Two, change everything to not change anything. There has always been deluded that he was about to come true a change that would bring the characters into a new phase, but it was all smoke and mirrors.
The character of Sophia for now proved useless, having no impact on the main story, it could be "treated" as a secondary character, perhaps there would be fewer expectations.
Third, this second season was better if it had been built in the first.
Luckily KyoAni, when it comes to technical and graphic, it shows really good.
Spectacular ....
Apr 17, 2014 4:40 AM

Jan 2012
don't see why people have sat through the entire series if its as bad as what people are making out, if its not goo and idiotic why waste your time watching it clearly there was never going to be any 'major' suspense but this is actually more realistic and can relate to a lot of people... i know i have had feelings for someone and its not been reciprocated and the other way around.... so i wouldn't call her an unnecessary character at all, and even though Rikka and Yuuta's relationship didn't progress leaps and bounds it did develop in comparison to the last season... to some people hoding hands, kiss on the cheek, saying 'i love you' is a MASSIVE step in a relationship....

of course i am by no means saying this show as a whole is realistic we still have the fun chunni's but i think the romance in this season was actually quite realistic, or maybe i can just relate so im bias, don't know! but i like it :)
Jun 27, 2014 4:08 PM
May 2013
Shichimiya is too good for Yuuta anyway .
That Dragon scene 0_0
Jul 4, 2014 6:43 AM

Oct 2013
Satone-"Bye Bye"........ dem feels bruhhhh T__T
Jul 6, 2014 10:10 AM

Oct 2012
Sorry, but this was bullshit. Animation was great but everything else - heck, it doesn't even makes sense!

Shichimiya just forgots her love like that? Bollocks! Everything they built up to was destroyed by their unability to develop characters further, move them on. All this chuunibyou was fun but in this point in the series, it's long overdue! They should've just realized that. Grow up finally! But I guess this simply won't happen. Which is shame because characters are great in this series, it's almost nonexistent developement that's really weird.

What's more - Rikka still oblivious to love? WTH? She is more pain in the ass to run through the night without second thought. And they want to say Yuuta is ok with that? Man, he doesn't even know why he loves her, if you can call it love. Their relationship doesn't have any charms.

And what was that Kumin's talk about dream by the river, wasn't that just overly cruel from her in the first place? You CAN'T cure love just like that (not to mention that subsequent usage of Mori Summer's magic was very off this time).

Man, I hate KyoAni for not having the balls to give us proper closure...
Jul 11, 2014 10:13 PM

Jun 2014
"Bye-bye"
Jul 18, 2014 10:47 AM

Apr 2012
that was brain numbing
Sep 7, 2014 1:37 PM
Jul 2018
TravSavage said:
So... what was the point of this season again?

To adapt more of the light novels, I assume.

Anyways, great episode (a lot of disagreement from everyone there, but I don't care lol)! Not much more I can say :)
Sep 14, 2014 2:55 PM

Jan 2014
bastek66 said:
This episode proves how unnecesary was even introducing Shichimiya in this season.

Yah I agree-gree, she was only an added ingredient to this season's drama story...I really hate to see a brokenhearted girl...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Sep 18, 2014 8:36 AM

Aug 2014
Kinda sad for Shichimiya though. I'm sure Shichimiya is just trying to act tough at the end. Just like how most relationship goes, when things get awkward, the easiest choice is to move away (Assuming that's what Shichimiya meant by bye-bye).

I actually kinda enjoy this season, but I guess an Anime like this would have to think off-topics Ideas for the sequels. This season just felt a bit dark.

Can't say I like YutaXRikka. I really hoped they'd just be friends, and I ship YutaXShinka more than YutaXRikka.

I know a lot would disagree, but I hope there's a season 3 for this, and I hope it won't be anything serious, just the characters having fun and goofing off, just to forget about how dark this season was.
Nov 29, 2014 3:35 AM

Jan 2013
It was quite the conclusion for Satone, it's sad that she said the bye bye part.
Guess that means that she's leaving?

lucidbrandon said:
Rikka is a keyblade master who knew

Haha, nice one.
Nov 29, 2014 4:12 AM

Jul 2009
Deko was jealous coz Satone was hugging fake Mori Summer hahaha
Jan 3, 2015 5:07 AM

May 2013
Lol, Yuuta just believed Satone. Dense.
At least we have Mori Summer to the rescue.

Rikka's been digging and the only thing Satone's getting is NTR'd.
Dat "bye-bye". (T_T)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 14, 2015 2:22 AM

Aug 2009
mori summer <3

lol world has banished me

heart died again with shichimiya

at least rikka finding the last key was touching

random fight scene (supposedly last I assume)

see what they've got in store for the finale
Jun 21, 2015 7:46 AM
May 2012
Bye bye.
Dark Flame Master is all to blame.
Jul 21, 2015 3:57 AM

Jun 2015
bye bye? Is she leaving the anime?, well there is only 1 chap left but....
Oct 7, 2015 7:42 PM

Apr 2014
Satone > Rikka

Feb 29, 2016 6:32 PM

Oct 2013
I felt my heart sink just a little when Shichimiya said "bye bye." I can't tell if she was saying it to her feelings for Yuuta or to Yuuta himself, but it's tragic either way. The idea of her leaving is depressing. :(

Great episode IMO. Contrary to what the common opinion seems to be, the Shichimiya arc has been the saving grace to the season. It successfully built an empathetic character in Shichimya who also served her role in making Yuuta and Rikka's relationship stronger. This season overall has definitely been a step down from the first season, but this arc was not.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2014

170 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Jun 1, 1:32 AM

» What happend to isshiki screentime?

ShaggyBoyy - May 28, 2023

7 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Jun 1, 1:28 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Jan 7, 2014

295 by ShinigamiGang »»
May 19, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

415 by FarCritical »»
May 7, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2014

216 by FarCritical »»
May 5, 11:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.