Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 8, 2007 2:56 PM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Annoni subs are out for 24, 25, and 26 on Rapidshare.

Just finished watching 26... and the ending was very good. The last few episodes were quite sad, but it all turned out good in the end. I really with that it was not over, I was hesitant to watch 26 because I didn't want it to be over. If it ever gets licensed, and I have the money... I am certain I will buy the DVDs for this.
Dec 9, 2007 1:22 AM

Nov 2006
My brother and I just watched this together on his new HDTV - it was spectacular. So beautiful...I don't think I've seen a more beatiful anime episode.

He and I were on the edge of our seats thinking, "Kiss each other! Kiss each other!" when Isako came back. Sadly, heterosexuality prevailed with Haraken getting Yasako.
But come on, they mothered an illegal child! "Anything can happen in the cyber world!"
But I guess it would be a bit strange for the godmother and the goddaughter to be in a relationship...eh? ;)

Joking aside, I also thought the Densuke scenes towards the beginning and at the end were extremely well done...even though technically Densuke should have disappeared, right? Ah well. I teared up quite a bit.

Definitely keeping its well-deserved 10/10 and favorite from me.
Dec 9, 2007 9:05 AM

Jun 2007
10/10

the perfect ending for the perfect story...
Dec 9, 2007 1:01 PM

Aug 2007
100% agree.
I have nothing to say. Just: The entire series is perfekr. Good charas, great story, dramatic moments, much emotions (my opinion), perfekt ending. I love it~
Its my highlight of 2007.

10/10
Dec 10, 2007 1:20 AM

Jul 2007
This last episode was really good. Poor Isako, her mind was so confused and a mess after the accident about what was real and what was not and I'm so glad for her after all this time she finally learned the truth. I really wanted to cry at several points during this episode. Yasako meeting her grandfather, Takeru stopping his brother, and the big climax of episode. The resolution really embodies the theme of the series: you can't stay a child forever and need to move on no matter how sad that or painful it is.
Dec 10, 2007 12:12 PM

Nov 2007
I was actually a bit disappointed by the concluding arc. Too much melodrama and last minute exposition, which made the emotional impact go a bit flat for me. The actual resolution of the show was still quite good, and the very final scene was a great way to wrap the show up. 8/10 for these last episodes.

Overall, however, the show gets a 9/10 because it IS one of the best these past few years. Beard episode was EPIC WIN.
Dec 10, 2007 2:20 PM
Sep 2007
great conclusion for a great series
really well done from start to finish
what really was shown in the last episodes, is what can go wrong if you have augmented reality that is just a tiny bit too realistic. you virtually (lame pun intended) cant tell whats real anymore (as seen with isako). also throughout the series great depiction of the technologies hopefully to come soon ^^
id never take of that glasses, ever.

so for a final word to describe the series: epic
Dec 10, 2007 6:27 PM

Aug 2007
Probably the most original and well thaught out anime of the year, one of the best I have seen in a long time. It was quite a bitter sweet ending, much like seeing this series come to an end.

Dec 18, 2007 8:33 PM

Nov 2007
excellent ending to this series. most TV shows (even non-anime) don't get such a satisfying ending
Ashiki o haroute tasuke tamae, Tenri-Ou-no-Mikoto.
Dec 21, 2007 2:23 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Avery said:
excellent ending to this series. most TV shows (even non-anime) don't get such a satisfying ending

Indeed VERY VERY satisfying ending that even the best series do not have. The most beautiful ending EVER. Even though the first half of the season could be better.....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 21, 2007 4:10 PM
Jun 2007
Just finished it, hmm, I don't know how to put it but, this series felt sort of like Mushishi + Digimon + Evangelion. But better, lol. Really good. I cried/laughed when Yasako met Illegal Densuke. Very hard hitting. The characters in the series were very well developed and believable. The only thing that ever really ticked me off was when they would walk when they should have been running. Also it would have been cool to see the kids battle a bunch of Berserk Null. 10/10.

Dec 22, 2007 12:34 PM

Jun 2007
That was a perfect ending. Im definitely going to buy the box set if it ever gets licensed. I loved all the characters, and so many awesome scary, angsty, funny and emotional moments through out the series.
I teared up sooo bad in that scene when densuke comes back as an illegal. I was so close to crying xD but i kept it all in lol.
I adored this series. Im gonna miss it really bad D:
10/10

Dec 23, 2007 1:15 AM

Jan 2007
Waited for Ureshii's ver. and it was so worth it. That was an awesome finale. I absolutely loved the moment Isako came back to the real world and was greeted by Yasako.

Overall: 9/10
Dec 28, 2007 11:01 AM

Nov 2007
I was planning to give this a 9/10 since sci-fi isn't exactly my cup of tea. But the ending was one of the best done in all the anime I've seen, and, what can I say? I'm a sucker for great endings. :3 10/10.

All my questions were answered, the story was extremely well thought out, and I loved the last two Densuke scenes. Definitely one of the best series in recent memory.

Finally, I'm Quoting Kasumisama For Truth here:
kasumisama said:
Beard episode was EPIC WIN.
Dec 30, 2007 8:42 AM
Jul 2018
Amazing ending to an amazing show.
I loved the "okaeri, Isako"/"tadaima, Yasako" at the end when Isako wakes up.
Definitely one of the best series of 2007.
10/10.
Jan 18, 2008 10:45 PM

Nov 2007
I like this one, sweet.
10/10
Jan 24, 2008 12:45 PM

Sep 2007
i just finished watching it and i'm sooooo happy! yeap happy because authors didn't leave any cliffhangers at the end which i was very afraid of ^^

first few episodes were kinda boring but then everything got really interesting and i don't regret any second spent watching this anime :]

for me the most scariest moment was when Null came to Yasako's house, took Kyoko AND THEN the episode ended O.O I had to go to sleep after that and believe it or not i had nightmares.
Feb 8, 2008 5:00 PM

Oct 2007
Sacrilege time:

Best series of 2007, and best overall since Monster. Dennou Coil kicks the stuffing out of Gurren Lagann and it isn't even close.

(Slaps cyber-asbestos metatag on chest)

10/10
Feb 12, 2008 9:27 AM
Jun 2007
Ralonzo said:
Sacrilege time:

Best series of 2007, and best overall since Monster. Dennou Coil kicks the stuffing out of Gurren Lagann and it isn't even close.

(Slaps cyber-asbestos metatag on chest)

10/10

Honestly, I hadn't seen Serial Experiments Lain when I saw this. But now that I have, Dennou Coil just seems like a kid-friendly version Lain.

Feb 24, 2008 2:27 PM

Jan 2008
kasumisama said:
I was actually a bit disappointed by the concluding arc. Too much melodrama and last minute exposition, which made the emotional impact go a bit flat for me. The actual resolution of the show was still quite good, and the very final scene was a great way to wrap the show up. 8/10 for these last episodes.

Overall, however, the show gets a 9/10 because it IS one of the best these past few years. Beard episode was EPIC WIN.

Yes and yes to both paragraphs. I will never forget the beard episode. :D
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Feb 24, 2008 3:32 PM

Sep 2007
I just finished this. I think, it very may be, the best anime I've ever seen in my life. Everything about it was excellent; the production quality was a huge A+, I liked the *entire* cast of characters for the first time ever, the storyline had some of the most exciting cliffhangers I've ever seen. The ending, perfectly concluded, turned out to be a real tear-jerker from me; the third series to ever do that. (Others being Haibane Renmei, Spirited Away) I would recommend this to any anime fan, or anyone interested in anime.

Did you know there's a Phantasy Star Club?
Feb 24, 2008 3:37 PM

Nov 2007
Cihan said:
kasumisama said:

Yes and yes to both paragraphs. I will never forget the beard episode. :D

I've actually lowered my rating to an eight. Despite EPIC episode and a very good concept, when I step back and look at it, DC ultimately failed to deliver plotwise so doesn't deserve a nine. D:
Feb 24, 2008 4:39 PM

Jan 2008
kasumisama said:
I've actually lowered my rating to an eight. Despite EPIC episode and a very good concept, when I step back and look at it, DC ultimately failed to deliver plotwise so doesn't deserve a nine. D:

I know what you mean, there were a lot of convoluted and plain old cliched narrative moments sprinkled throughout. I'll leave it with a 9 for now though, having just finished and basking in the afterglow, purely for the imagination on display in creating such a thoughtful vision of the near future.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Mar 6, 2008 4:13 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Great finale, I loved the last two episodes. Some earlier episodes didn't seem that interesting but I'm still glad I watched this anime. 8/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 20, 2008 5:03 PM

Aug 2007
I really liked the ending. Isako meeting Yasako was great and the way in which they accept that their friendship is special and that Isako can't stay around but must move on. And yes, Densuke scenes were really charming. There was an overall feeling of closure that was really moving.
It would be wonderful if this got licensed.
Apr 5, 2008 11:59 PM

Sep 2007
Ahh, a really great ending.

I like how they closed everything off, no cliffhangers, nothing that'll leave something hanging on your heart.
I'm especially glad I watched this series, and I hope people in the future who pick it up enjoy it as well.

Damnit! Don't die without my permission!
Apr 10, 2008 10:48 AM

Apr 2007
Nice conclusion to a great series; overall it dragged quite a bit during the middle half with a lot of episodes that didn't focus on the primary plot, which in the end caused me to postpone this series for a good 6 months before finally finishing it. Glad that it devoted a good 8 or so episodes to the final arc though. And the Densuke bits in the last episode were my favourite, I'm going to miss that guy. Excellent BGM throughout too; that and the animation were two amazing highlights I wasn't expecting. The chase sequences gave me chills because of how gorgeous the animations were captured.

And yea, the beard episode was epic, the best out of the filler episodes for sure.

8/10 is probably a good score in the end. Could be a 9, but the filler just wore me down too much.
Apr 30, 2008 7:10 PM

Mar 2007
Well, twas an awesome series IMO, despite what other people may say. The episodes in the first half kinda help you work your way into both the characters and the world rather then throwing you right in, but it does it very well. The last scene cut my heartstrings. I thought somehow Densuke managed to come back, only to have him vanish, and then the tears started to roll... Don't know whether I want a sequel or not tho, a lot of good stories lose their magic after they try to add on to it, but I guess time will show if we see more...

Dibs on Ishida!
May 10, 2008 1:17 AM

Apr 2007
TwT

Over... Fantastic series, and deserving of the 10/10 i give it. It made it to my top 5 once, but fell back just a bit, standing at my #6 fav anime of all time. I have a feeling that i may re-watch the series again in the future, maybe if a box-set comes out, but until then, i'm gonna miss dennou coil...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2008 2:48 PM

Nov 2006
Not only the series, but the ending turned out great!

"Oh, I remember, I died the other day" =D
otaku1699Jun 22, 2008 3:09 PM
Jul 21, 2008 8:15 PM

Jun 2008
By far one of the best series i've watched up to now. Not even KGNE got me this close to complete tears than this last episode. I believe the first two-thirds of the anime transition well into the last third, where you're comfortable with the universe of DC. Even those "filler" episodes (which weren't) gave enough information to show the different capabilities of the illegals. As stated many times before, best conclusion to a series, the only one that will have me satisfied while at the same time, overly depressed that the series has concluded for me. I will buy this box-set WHEN it comes out.
Aug 12, 2008 5:21 PM

Jul 2008
At the end we realize the whole series, once all the complications are worked through, was essentially a love story between these two girls, Yuko and Yuko. It's like the opposite of There Will Be Blood.
Sep 30, 2008 12:43 PM

Sep 2008
im still wondering why densuke appeared at the end ?_? but i really like this ending >_<
Dec 6, 2008 1:28 PM

Mar 2008
breath said:
for me the most scariest moment was when Null came to Yasako's house, took Kyoko AND THEN the episode ended O.O I had to go to sleep after that and believe it or not i had nightmares.

I watched that episode before going to bed too, and I was really afraid I'd get nightmares because I often have, but luckily this time not and even in the last part, Michiko-san made me seriously turn the lights on. (I always watch anime with only a small table lamp.)

Wow. How could I ever imagine after reading a small description and seeing the first few episodes, that this anime would turn out as great as it has... Especially the last episode was very emotional. I'm glad everything was closed, all questions were answered and Isako could finally accept everything.

Also, Windy read my thoughts. I actually found it strange they didn't start to kiss.

I'm giving it an 9/10 for now, but I'll see how I look at it after a day or two.
Dec 20, 2008 8:29 AM

Nov 2007
Actually i watched the episode of Kyoko being taken before going to bad, but no nightmares for me. :D

About Densuke appearing in the end, remember what Yasako and Haraken discussed in the last episode: what if Illegals are born from emotions like love and anger? So, why the love of Kyoko and Yasako for Densuke can't make the dog come back one more time? This theory gets even more cool when you remember that both girls were not using glasses on the scene.

It was a great series indeed, 8/10 for me, with a good ending. ;)

Ah, i definitely don't think that Denno Coil is a love story between two girls. That's absurd, folks. :D
"A lesser man might call it a day and bask in the echoing voices of cheer and celebration. A lesser man might delight in the moment, knowing he's the ultimate hero, a benevolent Big Brother to all and an inspirational light of hope in the darkest of times.

But Superman is not a lesser man. He renews his vigorous patrol of our world for wherever the battle for trust and justice must be fought, Superman will be there.
Forever...and always."- Superman #150
Jan 1, 2009 11:57 PM
Jan 2009
Superman said:
About Densuke appearing in the end, remember what Yasako and Haraken discussed in the last episode: what if Illegals are born from emotions like love and anger? So, why the love of Kyoko and Yasako for Densuke can't make the dog come back one more time? This theory gets even more cool when you remember that both girls were not using glasses on the scene.

>.< I am a little confused with this as well. So in the end... Densuke did die anyways? And the farewell goodbye was when it was in Illegal form. But then.. if like you said... what Kyoko and Yasako saw was.. "Illegal" Densuke.. is that saying though Densuke might have died for real, but Densuke is still living in both Kyoko and Yasako's heart?

Even so.. I really wish Densuke had stayed alived :(

Great anime show anyways. Cried too much though >_<;
Jan 5, 2009 2:00 PM

Jun 2008
This show was an absolute masterpiece, from plot to animation to characters to everything. Can't say it any better.
Jan 16, 2009 12:28 PM

Aug 2008
O-M-G!
The ending was so...indescribable!
I can only agree with all the people before me... an epic end for an epic serie!
Jan 28, 2009 8:24 AM

Jun 2008
Incredible! The ending was great <3
Overall 8.8/10
Kiku-chanMay 8, 2009 2:17 PM
Feb 9, 2009 3:16 PM

Oct 2008
Its one of my absolute best anime °O°!

I really was happy when i saw this anime and it was a good ending!
Mar 16, 2009 12:18 PM

Jun 2008
-Okari, Isako
-Tadaima, Yasako.

And this part abouth being friends and looking for the path... and about feelings and first love... gosh!

This series waited quite long before I decided to watch it - mainly because of a bit brownish colour of everything :P But then... wow!

9.5/10 and since there are no halves a mal it'll be like 9 :)
Apr 22, 2009 6:50 PM

Oct 2008
Holy crap, one of the best series I've ever seen!

In this episode, when Isako came back, I just thought "WTF WHY ARE THEIR FACES SO CLOSE?!" I thought they were gonna kiss for a second. But I guess they can't actually show elementary school lesbians on TV. A Haraken is fine, too.
May 31, 2009 3:45 AM

Feb 2009
aw this episode made me cry, the scene with yasako and densuke made me tear up so much ;_;

and the last scene where yasako and kyoko see densuke (without looking through their glasses) with the cherry blossom petals falling was amazing.

and the last face we see is kyoko's, shes gotta be my favorite in dennou coil
Jul 22, 2009 11:20 PM
Apr 2009
Wow... amazing.
Im so glad i started to watch this anime.
10/10.

I liked everything about this anime.
Im sure i will watch it sometime, again.
Aug 20, 2009 6:25 PM
Jul 2009
I loved the ending, also the series overall.
Aug 31, 2009 2:38 PM

Sep 2008
I love, love, loved this anime series. It was absolutely spectacular in my humble opinion.

The part where Yasako and Kyoko see Densuke even without glasses on was somehow really touching. The ending was just really great. I'd happily rate this show a perfect 10 out of 10, despite the fact that it is probably flawed in some aspects. To me I enjoyed it so much... that I think it deserves a 10. :D'
Sep 2, 2009 1:07 AM

Apr 2008
Loved the series. I wasn't sure about it in the beginning and was confused as to why it has such a high score here, but I totally understand now. Such a unique story...I got so said with Densuke dying in the end...and whole story was just brilliant. LOVED IT!
Sep 13, 2009 5:54 AM

Oct 2008
Amazing finale for a spectacular series. Seriously awesome.
Nov 7, 2009 1:44 PM

Jan 2009
Wow i just finished this and it was great ride.

Totally glad i decided to pick up this series.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 23 Discussion

_edge_ - Nov 29, 2007

31 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 15, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kimura - Oct 30, 2007

62 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 13, 1:49 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MasterChief - Aug 10, 2007

106 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 11, 2:07 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Siing - May 17, 2007

60 by Slice-of-sky »»
Jul 6, 2023 2:00 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 24 Discussion

_edge_ - Dec 10, 2007

40 by Fafette »»
May 24, 2023 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.