Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 23, 2013 9:19 AM
May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Best use of Imahori Tsuneo's talents yet in this episode. Sawamura's BGM is just perfect. I really like Miki Shinichiro as Sawamura. The "dryness" in his throat during his crazy moments are excellent.

Now that I remember, I figured out the Dempsey roll's counter weakness just playing the games before I read this part in the manga as well. It was really that easy for me to figure that out. But Team Aoki recently shown in the manga that
but hey, they also helped Itagaki figure it out and I am glad that part from the manga was kept in.

I also like the coloring in the restaurant with Sawamura and Kawabe-sensei. It just really brought out that mood. Morikawa Toshiyuki still has it as Vorg. I kind of like they brought him back in this part of the anime now that
. His voice had that "it" feel compared to Onosaka Masaya as Sendo in the last episode.

Hopefully in the next episode or so it will further elaborate how Sawamura and Sendo know each other and Sawamura's back story (it also explains why he is so obsessed with meat) and why he is close to his former teacher.
Nov 23, 2013 11:57 AM

May 2013
Awesome!
Nov 23, 2013 12:21 PM

May 2013
i want Takamura to beat the crap out of that evil dude
Nov 23, 2013 12:22 PM

Dec 2011
Omg I was so happy to see Vorg <333

Nov 23, 2013 12:56 PM

Feb 2013
so cool that volg is back
Nov 23, 2013 1:44 PM

Jul 2012
I really like the Sawamura dude, he's damn sadistic, he really wants to kill, he really is a boxer. In fact I'd like him to beat Ippo and then someone else ?? beat the crap out of Sawamura so then Ippo learns the real deal.

Volg is back! really liked that guy! someone in other site forum spoiled me some serious stuff about probably next episode, hate those idiots. I really was hoping Ippo would learn some new moves instead of wanting Dempsy's Roll to evolve, I as a boxing fan would like him to win with a little less damage and more dominance

ParaParaJMo said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

some people have a hard time reading really! even if put in spoilers tag it's a bit uncalled. Let's just assume the manga readers already know and the only-anime fans don't care/wanna know. Got to take that off my chest.
Nov 23, 2013 2:00 PM
Jul 2013
Vorg kun !! :D

Sawamura's OST is so sick. That opera and that licking his lips as in i'm thirsty/hungry. Brings out so much detail in his characters, also another reason I LOVE HAJIME NO IPPPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Nov 23, 2013 2:27 PM
May 2007
spacemonkey93 said:
I really like the Sawamura dude, he's damn sadistic, he really wants to kill, he really is a boxer. In fact I'd like him to beat Ippo and then someone else ?? beat the crap out of Sawamura so then Ippo learns the real deal.

Volg is back! really liked that guy! someone in other site forum spoiled me some serious stuff about probably next episode, hate those idiots. I really was hoping Ippo would learn some new moves instead of wanting Dempsy's Roll to evolve, I as a boxing fan would like him to win with a little less damage and more dominance

ParaParaJMo said:

some people have a hard time reading really! even if put in spoilers tag it's a bit uncalled. Let's just assume the manga readers already know and the only-anime fans don't care/wanna know. Got to take that off my chest.

People have been putting spoiler tags for the past few weeks now and you gotta mention it now??? I already knew most of the spoilers before reading the manga because I also played the games. And figuring out the Dempsey Roll's weakness was that easy to figure out thanks to playing the PS2 games.
Nov 23, 2013 3:12 PM

Nov 2012
Damn that guy is terrible I hope Ippo crushes him.
Nov 23, 2013 4:42 PM

May 2011
So nice to see Volg back. I want to see him fight again. Sawamura is even crazier than I thought, he's turning into a great opponent for Ippo. I also would've liked to see Ippo learn a new move instead of evolving Dempsey Roll but oh well, hopefully he can find someone he can practice properly with.
Nov 23, 2013 4:47 PM

Jul 2010
VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORG!

Here, the fanboy inside me screams all out of his joy. Best character is once again back in action.
Nov 23, 2013 5:23 PM

Mar 2010
Volg <3.
Sawamura looks sick i want to see him fight already!
and why does he looks buff as hell in the OP?
Nov 23, 2013 8:29 PM

Apr 2012
Two words: FUCKING...VORG!
Nov 23, 2013 9:10 PM

Jun 2011
Vorg!! its been a long time!
damn sawamura the way he devour the steak!
Nov 23, 2013 10:54 PM

Sep 2012
Nice to see Vorg back.
Rest In Peace [img]
Nov 23, 2013 10:59 PM

Oct 2008
ParaParaJMo said:
spacemonkey93 said:

ParaParaJMo said:

People have been putting spoiler tags for the past few weeks now and you gotta mention it now??? I already knew most of the spoilers before reading the manga because I also played the games. And figuring out the Dempsey Roll's weakness was that easy to figure out thanks to playing the PS2 games.

That doesn't mean it's okay to do it. The rules are pretty clear, do NOT talk about the manga in the anime threads, not even in spoiler tags, spoiler tags are not for manga spoilers.

(I don't give a fuck because I'm reading the manga too, but think of everyone else before throwing spoilers)
Nov 23, 2013 11:32 PM

Jan 2009
vorg is back and damn that shuhei is a monster counter puncher
Nov 24, 2013 2:55 AM

May 2013
that sawamura .. feels like hawk.. the one that takamura fight in the wbc..

but of course compared to hawk.. he's nothing..
Nov 24, 2013 3:18 AM

Jan 2013
Can't wait til Ippo find a way to evolve his move :D
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Nov 24, 2013 3:55 AM
May 2007
Posse said:
ParaParaJMo said:
spacemonkey93 said:

ParaParaJMo said:

That doesn't mean it's okay to do it. The rules are pretty clear, do NOT talk about the manga in the anime threads, not even in spoiler tags, spoiler tags are not for manga spoilers.

(I don't give a fuck because I'm reading the manga too, but think of everyone else before throwing spoilers)

How much does it take to simply not click "spoilers?" I am not telling anybody to click it. It's their own choice.
Nov 24, 2013 5:35 AM

Mar 2013
Volg's back! Ah, I love Volg so much, I actually got a lil teary there with the sayonara flashback. I didn't think we'd ever get to see him again. Yes, one of my brotps are back together again.
Nov 24, 2013 7:02 AM

Aug 2010
Loved seeing Volg back :D Really love him. And he's gonna be awesome later in the manga :D

Sawamura is just tooo friggin EPICally creepy XD And DAT OST
Nov 24, 2013 11:02 AM
Jul 2018
As everyone else already mentioned, was great to see Volg back. Pretty sure I was as giddy as Ippo was when he appeared.
Nov 24, 2013 11:14 AM
May 2007
Moune said:
Volg is back, but I doubt that he got worse.

Keep in mind he has been out of the game for around 2 years in HnI time. It is now around April or May of 1995 in this part of the series (Ippo fights Sawamura in June of 1995) and Vorg's last fight against Sendo was in April of 1993. So he may need some time to get back into fighting shape. But at the same time, it is also sad that he did lose his mother during the duration of his return to Russia. His whole isolation in Siberia and losing his mother is starting to remind me of Hyoga from Saint Seiya.
Nov 24, 2013 4:41 PM
Jan 2010
Aw man, I knew it was happening this time and I was totally looking forward to it, but damn, Volg coming back really hit me right in the feels - glad to see that my favourite Ippo character has come back.

AzurePisces said:
that sawamura .. feels like hawk.. the one that takamura fight in the wbc..

but of course compared to hawk.. he's nothing..

I don't think that's true, in fact I'd argue that Sawamura is at least 100 times worse than Hawk was. Hawk was an absolutely terrible person, but he'd never stoop to Sawamura's level of doing something like grabbing someone during a match and making a spectacle of elbowing them in front of the crowd; he's actually probably worse than how Mashiba used to be back in the original series and that was pretty bad.
Nov 24, 2013 6:56 PM
May 2007
Hawk was a nut job and he was unorthodox, but he never broke the rules which surprised me about him.
Nov 24, 2013 9:27 PM

Apr 2009
I thought at first, well he's not so bad after, he even treated his old teacher to dinner or something, then he said that the boxers were just meat to him, suddenly I'm back to the very safe distance I was used to seeing him from, like a rabid animal he is! >_<

Hey Volg's back, he's going to America though.

Die with honor, Kimura! LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 25, 2013 5:25 AM
Jan 2010
ParaParaJMo said:
Hawk was a nut job and he was unorthodox, but he never broke the rules which surprised me about him.

Yeah, I agree, it is pretty surprising - then again, I think Zail is kind of similar to Kamogawa, they're both managers who were able to reign in incredibly dangerous people in the ring (such as when he waits for Zail's permission to use his "license to kill"), left to anyone else, I have a feeling that Hawk would be similar to Sawamura and wouldn't have been able to become the world champion as a result of that.
Nov 25, 2013 10:12 AM

Feb 2011
Akanezora said:

Here, the fanboy inside me screams all out of his joy. Best character is once again back in action.

Yeah , but too bad that he's going to America =/
Nov 25, 2013 11:04 AM
Jan 2013
Oh that Sawamura is really bad ASS.
Nov 25, 2013 11:10 AM
Mar 2013
Baddie007 said:
Oh that Sawamura is really bad ASS.
I don't think he's all that tbh.

After seeing Mashiba and Hawke I have to say, Sawamura is just not quite as interesting/bad ass as those two.

But anway,
Akanezora said:
VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORG!
is back :)
Nov 25, 2013 5:24 PM

Jun 2008
Sawamura vs Mashiba would be pretty sick.

Also, Volg <3.
Nov 25, 2013 8:20 PM

Jul 2010
UnbornMVs said:
Akanezora said:

Yeah , but too bad that he's going to America =/

I guess so, but I hope at least that he stays a little more with Ippo and helps him training and such.
Nov 29, 2013 7:50 AM

Nov 2011
Well, I'm going to look @ steaks a more different way from now on..

Sawamura's behavior reminds me a of Brian Hawk again. So great to see Vorg this episode as well. It's been a long damn time. The ending of this episode was pretty intense so now I'm really looking forward to the upcoming match!
Dec 1, 2013 12:39 AM

Jul 2008
Yay for Vorg being back in action. But good grief Sawamura is a monster, an evil monster.
Dec 1, 2013 6:49 PM
Jul 2018

Volg is back too.
But that Sawamura is really creepy.
Dec 2, 2013 12:19 AM
May 2007
Well, Sawamura doesn't waste his time fucking women like Hawk.
Dec 30, 2013 3:26 AM

Jun 2008
ParaParaJMo said:
Well, Sawamura doesn't waste his time fucking women like Hawk.

Yes one major difference is that Hawk was a little of a clown type of guy. I think Sawamura has a more dangerous personality. Hawk wasn't crazy actually, he just didn't give a shit and was just trying to have the time of his life. Hawk was having fun because he was getting fame women and money from doing something that came easy to him.
That is why Hawk seemed desperate when he realized Takamura could take those away from him. Hawk didn't think "Damn it i want to see him drown on his own blood" when Takamura was proven to be difficult. He simply thought "I won't let him take my belt and this nice life i have as a champ". So in the end he was thinking like any other boxer. He was still a boxer and that's why he followed the rules. He didn't want to get disqualified or lose his boxing career.
Sawamura isn't there for any of those things. He doesn't care about the sport itself or the prices and benefits the sport may give. He just enjoys crushing people and that makes him more twisted. He just goes with boxing because boxers actually come at him and he can enjoy a full battle crushing and torturing them in the ring. Boxing career doesn't even seem to be on his mind.
Mar 24, 2014 5:07 AM

Jun 2009
Apr 1, 2014 1:28 AM

Mar 2012
Tyestor said:
Fuck yeah, Volg's back bitches!

Glad he's back to boxing, too bad he's not gonna box in Japan though : /
Aug 15, 2014 12:02 PM

May 2012
Nice development, let's see what happens next!
Oct 21, 2014 1:22 AM

Nov 2011
VOLG !!
Dec 28, 2014 3:28 PM

Mar 2010
I forgot all about vorg.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 7, 2015 1:07 AM

Jul 2012
Volg's back! Looks like just the right time too ^^

I'm really interested to see how Ippo will evolve his Dempsey Roll to deal with counters.
May 25, 2015 9:00 PM
Jan 2012
Very excellent. Volg makes greatest return in the anime/manga series.
Nov 4, 2015 2:14 AM
Nov 2014
Volg-san is back! Loved him from the first season, looking forward to see my boy back in the ring again.
Apr 1, 2016 2:51 PM

Aug 2013
Nice to have Vorg back. That's depressing as hell that his mom died though. Hopefully we see a match from him.

Hype increases for the Sawamura fight. I'm glad they're taking the time to develop it, rather than just immediately rushing in like that other fight.
Jul 5, 2016 1:54 PM

Jan 2013
Sawamura just needs to face someone like Ricardo Martinez, to put him in his place.
May 20, 2017 2:09 PM

May 2016
I'm so glad that Volg came back. However, his mother is dead ;-; why a great guy like him need to suffer that much.
Jun 10, 2017 11:21 AM

Mar 2013
HELL YEAH! VOLG IS BACK YOU BITCHES!!! I'm really over the top right now after seeing him :')

I missed him so much :')
Sad about his mother passing away :(
Hope he finds his way to the top once again.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

shyuga8499 - Nov 9, 2013

70 by Meritas »»
May 25, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Daipyon - Oct 12, 2013

80 by Meritas »»
May 11, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ValeBreck - Oct 5, 2013

158 by Meritas »»
May 11, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2014

164 by KingAFONY »»
Apr 29, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

weiss - Oct 19, 2013

75 by Ukkaz »»
Apr 19, 10:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.