Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 1, 2013 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit it's Gasper.

Lol, it's a vampire as well. Oh God. Lol, I can't take this seriously. Gasper is just so damn shy. The episode was quite amusing. Issei and his lewd ideas ahahahaha

Yup, I think Issei and Gasper will become good friends. Lol @ Xenovia this episode though.
Sep 1, 2013 4:54 AM

Nov 2007
A hikikomori, a half with vampire, and Otoko no ko? lol @ "Hito no Yume to yonde Hakanai" He's weak for his sacred gear, so he needs training. So he was discriminated by people that he's afraid of outside world. lol @ the reasons that he's jealous of his power (I guessed it even before he babbled all of them, though), it was unexpected that Gasper is interested. lol @ Paper bag mask. Wow @ introducing new character, Michael the angel.

That childhood friend of the main guy is coming back?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 1, 2013 6:04 AM

Dec 2012
I lolled at Koneko xD
Dramatic scene with Saji :c
Sep 1, 2013 7:08 AM

Feb 2009
It's a trap!

Mostly Gasper in the whole episode but it was still good. Xenovia and Koneko were enjoying themselves here. Azazel and Michael in the end making appearances are also a plus. Next episode should be good, though why the hell is Irina in the preview? A bodyguard for the meeting I guess? Probably not a good idea. I'll reserve my judgment until next week I guess. LNfags will probably flip though.

Issei, your imagination is still as wild and ambitious as ever. And I'm not really sure if you're a good or bad influence to Gasper. I still salute you though.
Sep 1, 2013 8:21 AM

Mar 2013
That's strange Irina doesn't appear again until Volume 6, that would be towards the end of next season if there is one, so looks like they're changing stuff.

Sep 1, 2013 9:03 AM

Oct 2012
Very nice episode, introduction of Gasper of course, being all cute.
Issei fantasizing, LOOOL
Seeing Akeno in the lightning priestess outfit is always great <3

And of course dat Levi shot..
MrJorizSep 1, 2013 9:10 AM
Sep 1, 2013 9:04 AM

May 2012
Wow she is cute... What, its a guy? Depress.
Another good episode. Glad we finally got to see Gasper. Can't wait to see what he can do. Also was that Archangel Michael!? Can't wait to see next episode.
Sep 1, 2013 9:59 AM

Jul 2013
I wonder if there's going to be any "scenes" with Gasper if you know what I mean.
All war is deception. -Sun Tzu
Sep 1, 2013 11:31 AM

Jul 2009
Irina might just pop up for a little flashback
bruh
Sep 1, 2013 11:43 AM

Jul 2013
waiting for the subs sdamn it
Sep 1, 2013 1:26 PM

Jul 2013
Next episode is going to be amazing for Akeno fans (I'm a huge fan btw)
Sep 1, 2013 1:32 PM

Jul 2013
Heaven's Arch Angel, Michael, finally makes his appearance. I don't think we ever saw a picture of him in the light novels (I could be wrong) so I was interested in how they would portray him. Can't wait until the next episode!

The trap has finally been revealed. Love how Issei and Saji fell victim to it hahaha. Not as much ecchi-ness as we are used to when it comes to the DxD series but this was a needed character and plot development in the season as they need to introduce Gasper, his background, and his abilities as a Bishop of Rias Gremory. Can't tell what they were trying to say in the raw version as I don't speak japanese so I can only guess at some what they are saying but I've got a good idea from already reading the light novels.

The next episode will be great as it will most likely lead up to the big meeting between the 3 fractions and then the REAL fun begins as 2nd season begins its stretch run to the end.
Work in progress...
Sep 1, 2013 3:28 PM

Mar 2013
Black--Swordsman said:
Heaven's Arch Angel, Michael, finally makes his appearance. I don't think we ever saw a picture of him in the light novels (I could be wrong) so I was interested in how they would portray him. Can't wait until the next episode!

There's one picture in the side story Armageddon at Sports Day from Vol 13 with him Azazel and Sirzechs together.

Sep 1, 2013 3:30 PM

Jul 2013
Newhopes said:
Black--Swordsman said:

There's one picture in the side story Armageddon at Sports Day from Vol 13 with him Azazel and Sirzechs together.

Ayyy, good catch. I'd say I've read over 3/4ths of the side stories but not all. I'll have to read that one then. Thanks for the heads up!
Work in progress...
Sep 1, 2013 4:07 PM
Dec 2012
Enjoyable episode as always.

Gasper the bashful vamp showed up. Koneko was mean. Haha LOL@Issei's positive thinking on his sacred gear, and Gasper's compliment was hilarious, too. Xenovia got a great idea from condoms. lol Interesting was Michael descended in this anime as well as in Makai Ouji. The only complaint is his character design in both anime. I had expected him to look older and nobler like Satomi of Hakkenden.
Sep 1, 2013 4:15 PM

Aug 2013
Xenovia still with the condoms LOL

Although this episode had less fanservice, I really liked it; it was very enjoyable to watch and I actually had a lot of fun watching it. Gasper finally showed up, yay! He is hilarious with his shy nature and cross-dressing and everything. Issei's fantasies are great as always, and now he's trying to drag Gasper and Kiba to the breast-side too. I absolutely can't wait for the next episode because of what's going to happen with Akeno - I REALLY love that part! It's nice to see how Michael finally looks - the only side story I've read so far is Rias in Wonderland. He looks pretty cool. Very young, but still pretty cool.
Sep 1, 2013 4:43 PM

Jul 2013
It's a shame finding out that Gasper is a guy, curse you reality, but he's a really shy dude, but it makes him pretty humorous. If Issei were to ever have his power, I could just imagine him having the time being frozen forever while he's just fondling everyone's breasts xD
I could see a Koneko and Gasper as a duo though, the Vampire and the Teasing Cat, has a nice ring to it, but this was a funny episode, and Archangel Michael's appearance looks way too young, but it's whatever.
Sep 1, 2013 5:01 PM

Feb 2012
Damn that cross dressing fool destroyed the whole introduction of my main Holy man Archangel Michael, why the fuck did they put them in the same episode. :/
Sep 1, 2013 5:14 PM
Nov 2010
kei78 said:
Irina might just pop up for a little flashback

you'll be seeing a lot of her as a regular appearance soon
Sep 1, 2013 6:10 PM

Jul 2013
Another great episode. Only 3 episodes left which sucks because theres still so much left in Volume 4 so I hope they don't cut too much out from the novel. Wish they added the part where Issei takes Gasper with him on the devils job to Morisawa's place. They also didn't add the face that Gaper is actually a daywalker vampire and the part about Kiba being a lecher himself. I wonder what the design for
Sep 1, 2013 6:26 PM

Jul 2012
Great episode!!!
Sep 1, 2013 6:28 PM

Aug 2013
Not sure how i feel about Gasper. Xenovia still with the condoms? Shes not ganna let that one go is she lol.

Overall great episode and great series. Never end a episode without a smile on my face. I don't read manga so I'm not sure how much is left, but with only 3 episodes left and it feels like there is so much left i hope they don't cut it short or at least come out with a Highschool DxD New New season :)
My Candies:
Sep 1, 2013 7:05 PM
Nov 2010
Iolo said:
Not sure how i feel about Gasper. Xenovia still with the condoms? Shes not ganna let that one go is she lol.

Overall great episode and great series. Never end a episode without a smile on my face. I don't read manga so I'm not sure how much is left, but with only 3 episodes left and it feels like there is so much left i hope they don't cut it short or at least come out with a Highschool DxD New New season :)

so far this is following the light novel pretty nicely and currently there are 15 volumes of it. one really cool thing is the light novel's author is very involved with how the anime is being made and works closes with them. Basically there is still a TON of stuff that can be animated
Sep 1, 2013 7:06 PM
Jul 2013
Iolo said:

There's still more than 10 volumes of the light novel.

Honestly, if they make another season I'm highly anticipating it. Especially vol.6, which would be the second half of that season.
Sep 1, 2013 7:06 PM

May 2012
LOL Funny episode. Goes to show you, this show doesn't need to rely on tits to be enjoyable. Gasper is really cute.

8/10.
Sep 1, 2013 7:18 PM

Aug 2013
MrJc said:
Iolo said:

so far this is following the light novel pretty nicely and currently there are 15 volumes of it. one really cool thing is the light novel's author is very involved with how the anime is being made and works closes with them. Basically there is still a TON of stuff that can be animated

Thats awesome that the author is that involved. This is probably the best feels anime Ive seen.

Edon613 said:
Iolo said:

There's still more than 10 volumes of the light novel.

Honestly, if they make another season I'm highly anticipating it. Especially vol.6, which would be the second half of that season.

I would be too, ive watched season one twice already, and season 2 is just as good as the first.
My Candies:
Sep 1, 2013 7:38 PM

Feb 2012
Slow episode for me, especially at the beginning
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Sep 1, 2013 7:44 PM

Dec 2011
Irina appearing in the next episode, whattafuck.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2013 8:15 PM

Mar 2012
I like this episode a lot. This episode give many moment for Issei to give his snarky comment like in LN. And who else envy time stoping power?

Also Gasper = Trap of the year.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 1, 2013 8:29 PM

Apr 2008
Bishop have to be blonde... really ?
Sep 1, 2013 8:44 PM

Jun 2012
Gasper joins the ranks of fellow Traps like Totsuka and Hideyoshi. Have to admit the paper bag cracks me up
HybridMBLSep 1, 2013 9:02 PM
Sep 1, 2013 9:06 PM

May 2013
Ophis said:
Another great episode. Only 3 episodes left which sucks because theres still so much left in Volume 4 so I hope they don't cut too much out from the novel. Wish they added the part where Issei takes Gasper with him on the devils job to Morisawa's place. They also didn't add the face that Gaper is actually a daywalker vampire and the part about Kiba being a lecher himself. I wonder what the design for

Sep 1, 2013 9:40 PM

May 2013
Oh man that trap lol.
Sep 1, 2013 9:40 PM

Jan 2013
Another funny and enjoyable episode.

Gasper finally makes his appearance, the same for Michael.
I feel like it was a big F you to the people who are into lolis, in my opinion.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Sep 1, 2013 9:42 PM

Dec 2010
I'm sick of those traps -_-'
There are just always so many clichés in high-school life anime.
Sacrificing sleep and sanity for more anime-induced dopamine.
Sep 1, 2013 9:48 PM

Jul 2012
VoidNoodle said:
Ophis said:

Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flame thrower.
Sep 1, 2013 10:22 PM

Feb 2012
Why trap why :(

My reaction was exactly the same as Issei's lol.

Great ep though.
Sep 1, 2013 11:48 PM

Dec 2011
Wow. A trap... and the leader of the angels appeared! Wow.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2013 11:51 PM

Sep 2011
Funny episode! Lol at koneko throwing garlic at gasper ^_^
Sep 1, 2013 11:54 PM

Nov 2009
Finally! Gya-kun. The males of Rias' household are now complete. As always, Xenovia is funny with her ideas: the vampire hunt and the paper bag (condom). And Michael appeed too, another hottie.
Sep 2, 2013 1:11 AM

Aug 2008
Ophis said:

I think they got enough space to decently cover everything. 2 volumes per season seems about right given how the author writes his books.
I always pictured it rather nonstriking.
Sep 2, 2013 3:09 AM

May 2013
Dat Trap Card!!!! lol @ Gasper's shyness xD and also Lmao on issei's imagination HAHA!!
Tch.
Sep 2, 2013 3:43 AM

Sep 2013
Koneko was just too funny in this episode especially with the garlic XD. But Gasper being a boy I felt the same as Saji and Issei, disappointed .... but still another great episode looking forward to the next too bad there is only three left :( hope there is another season.
"I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target"
Sep 2, 2013 4:29 AM

Jan 2013
Man... 3 more eps left...
Hope there's a 3rd season :D

Gasper is soo kawaiiii xD

Two cute guys in one EPS???!!!!!
(Gasper and Michael xD)
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Sep 2, 2013 6:05 AM

May 2010
So is Gasper in Issei's harem as well? Issei wants him to drink his blood though. Their friendship is nice. He is like a mini hideyoshi. Loved this episode!
Sep 2, 2013 6:21 AM

Jul 2013
Interesting episode. So far i like Gasper although he can be a bit too whiny.

Too bad the top 2 hottest characters are given just a few minutes of screen time, but I guess that's how it's in the LN.
Sep 2, 2013 7:31 AM
Jul 2013
Great episode Lol.
When Issei said "We have 2 blonde beauties now!" and then Kiba laughes.. I thought he was going to say "Issei-kun wutaboutme?" But nope.. "Gasper is a guy, he likes to cross dress."

Anyone else notice the voice actor for Akeno, Shizuka Itou, doesn't quiet sound right.. I don't know why but it is for me. :(

Akeno in that priestess outfit :<3

We have 3 episodes left... Hopefully there will be a season 3 with 26 episodes or more :D.
Sep 2, 2013 9:10 AM

Aug 2013
With the way the anime is working out so well, I wouldn't be surprised if they animate the entire Highschool DxD storyline. Hopefully by next season the number of episodes in a season can double so we can have all the details from the LN in the anime with no trouble fitting everything in. But what I really hope, is that the basically-guaranteed Season 3 (and more seasons, later on) will be released in under a year, unlike the wait from Season 1 to Season 2, I'd prefer for it to be released in maybe 6 months at the max, but unless they've already began development on it (which I'm not sure Ishibumi would have the time for, considering he has the LN to write) I doubt that would happen.
Sep 2, 2013 9:26 AM

Jul 2013
So Gasper was introduced in this episode, I'm surprised that he is a cross-dressing boy. Well it is nice introduction to him.... or her XD. Though not much really happen in this episode, except the introduction of Gasper and the ending where Michael is introduce as the the leader of the angels.

Well good episode

Sep 2, 2013 9:30 AM

Jan 2013
loveyuri said:
Man... 3 more eps left...
Hope there's a 3rd season :D

Gasper is soo kawaiiii xD

Two cute guys in one EPS???!!!!!
(Gasper and Michael xD)

Its running around the center of the top 25 every week its aired and is a top selling VN so all signs point to Yes. Pretty much anything that stays up in the top 25 keeps running.

Luckly the LN is nearing its end I think so maybe we'll get it all soon. Though Its too bad they stick to so few eps a go -_-. Ah well still good ep and good show.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirgoodguy - Jul 7, 2013

251 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2013

144 by demxnys »»
Dec 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2013

164 by kitsune0 »»
Sep 21, 2023 2:07 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2013

295 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 8, 2013

115 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 11:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.