Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 25, 2013 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh damn I think I see a kiss again this episode. Typical demon family I guess and seriously, I can't get enough of this new ED song.

Lol @ that cosplay is kinda cute.
Aug 25, 2013 4:54 AM

Nov 2007
Everyone came, and that vanishing dragon said that the main guy is weak but has potential. Dragons' selfish fight?? lol @ image = sculpture!! Kaichou's sister? Buchou's father (so young)? So everyone took videos of their kids. Another Bishop is coming?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 25, 2013 6:38 AM

Dec 2012
Not much happened in this episode, but Serafall has made her appearance (loli TnT), My understandings of japanese are almost non-exist so I guess I'll wait for tomorrow subs :')
Aug 25, 2013 6:46 AM

Mar 2013
Xenovia and comdoms.....

And Serafall Leviathan the Maou magical girl makes her debut.

Aug 25, 2013 7:41 AM

Feb 2009
Well, it was a slow episode but a lot still happened. Ddraig and Albion's history that is connected to the war of the 3 powers, the Maou Shoujo, Serafall Leviathan's debut(anyone know her seiyuu?), Rias' father's appearance(Hayami Show of all people) and the other Bishop.
Plus some good stuff like Xenovia's condoms, Issei's clay model, and that kiss. At least they downplayed the cockblock with the last part.
Still a good episode nonetheless. Next episode, Gasper.
Aug 25, 2013 8:28 AM

Apr 2013
belatkuro said:
Well, it was a slow episode but a lot still happened. Ddraig and Albion's history that is connected to the war of the 3 powers, the Maou Shoujo, Serafall Leviathan's debut(anyone know her seiyuu?), Rias' father's appearance(Hayami Show of all people) and the other Bishop.
Plus some good stuff like Xenovia's condoms, Issei's clay model, and that kiss. At least they downplayed the cockblock with the last part.
Still a good episode nonetheless. Next episode, Gasper.

This episode was more plot centered but LOL! I remember that kiss lot more EROTIC than that. The anime viewers missed out on that. What are the chances of them adding something in the BD's?
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Aug 25, 2013 9:36 AM

May 2012
Parent day at school. I remember those days, wish I could forget them. Didn't know Issei was such an artist, I think I seen that figure some where. Lets not forget dat kiss. They just need to hook up already. Overall good episode.
p.s Love magical girls.
Aug 25, 2013 11:08 AM

Jul 2013
tsubasalover said:
Everyone came, and that vanishing dragon said that the main guy is weak but has potential. Dragons' selfish fight?? lol @ image = sculpture!! Kaichou's sister? Buchou's father (so young)? So everyone took videos of their kids. Another Bishop is coming?

Don't know if this will be considered a spoiler or not so I'll include it as such. The reason why Rias and Sirzech's father looks so young:

Work in progress...
Aug 25, 2013 11:14 AM

Jul 2013
Overall it wasn't a very eventful episode but you need those every now and then to help set the stage and also make the big events more meaningful.

The Rias sculpture was great.
Akeno is starting to show her more "girlish" nature the more time she spends with Issei.
Good to know that Xenovia and Asia are practicing safe sex ;).
Leviatan is soooo unnerving to Kaichou.
Issei's and Rias' relationship is building little by little.
Gasper appears next episode! Get ready.
Work in progress...
Aug 25, 2013 11:30 AM

Jul 2009
Instead of the low quality poledancing Rias figure, they should have released Issei's Rias clay figure <3
bruh
Aug 25, 2013 12:00 PM

Jul 2010
Issei certainly has the talent of sculpting erotic figures. He would make some nice cash.
Aug 25, 2013 12:03 PM

Aug 2013
This episode is almost fanservice only. nothing special.
Aug 25, 2013 12:56 PM

Oct 2012
Nice episode again, DxD-fanservice for the win.

Vali being quite provoking at the start?

I guess I will understand more with subs indeed.
MrJorizAug 25, 2013 1:01 PM
Aug 25, 2013 1:00 PM

Jul 2013
Aelzki said:

Can't be loaded every week. Sometimes you gotta have a relatively quiet episode to help set-up the future episodes and to also increases suspense/epicness.

Archangel Michael should most likely show up at the end of the next episode or episode 10.

We are entering the final third people.... enjoy the ride.
Work in progress...
Aug 25, 2013 1:05 PM

Oct 2012
Black--Swordsman said:
Aelzki said:

Can't be loaded every week. Sometimes you gotta have a relatively quiet episode to help set-up the future episodes and to also increases suspense/epicness.

Archangel Michael should most likely show up at the end of the next episode or episode 10.

True, not every episode can be loaded, although in this episode Draig tells a story which may become important later?
Aug 25, 2013 1:09 PM

Jul 2013
MrJoriz said:
Black--Swordsman said:
Aelzki said:

True, not every episode can be loaded, although in this episode Draig tells a story which may become important later?

I don't know what was said as I don't know japanese but based on what I know in the light novels and what the flashback in the anime was showing, I'm assuming Ddraig was telling Issei about how he and Albion had come to be in their present state. In this case, their present state of being sealed in sacred gears. He is most likely telling the story of how it all happened. I won't go into too much details so you see what the subs say about it but thats just my guess...
Work in progress...
Aug 25, 2013 1:15 PM

Oct 2012
Black--Swordsman said:
MrJoriz said:
Black--Swordsman said:
Aelzki said:

I don't know what was said as I don't know japanese but based on what I know in the light novels and what the flashback in the anime was showing, I'm assuming Ddraig was telling Issei about how he and Albion had come to be in their present state. In this case, their present state of being sealed in sacred gears. He is most likely telling the story of how it all happened. I won't go into too much details so you see what the subs say about it but thats just my guess...

I completely agree with you, so let's wait for subs so we can say for sure.
Aug 25, 2013 3:16 PM

Aug 2013
Vali is quite the provoking person today isn't he?

Lots of DxD-fanservice in this episode, and it was quite an awesome episode overall.

Xenovia and her condoms. She still needs to learn what to talk about where and when lol. And then Asia gets dragged into the mix for even more fun.
Issei and Rias' second kiss! Too bad the ecchi-ness was cut back from the LN ; understandably, but still! Their relationship is building up more. It would seem as if they would get together soon.

The sculpture of Rias was great. Issei certainly has a talent for art when it comes to ecchi.
Serafall is so cute! <3 And the way she drives Sona crazy is pretty funny. Dat outfit though.
Akeno is becoming more girly the more time she spends with Issei! That's a good thing.
Yay for Gasper coming next week!

Can't wait for the next episode. Will re-watch tomorrow with subs too, just so I know what they're saying.

Oh and poor Rias and Issei, being embarassed by their parents like that... lol @ Rias acting embarassed, was kinda cute to see her acting like a normal girl would. And Asia, why did you have to interrupt Rias and Issei's alone time!? Something more could have happened then and there damnit!
Gary29Aug 31, 2013 9:49 AM
Aug 25, 2013 6:08 PM

Feb 2012
Black--Swordsman said:

Amen son, finally.

Lol'd at Leviathan, and the parents in school recording and shit.

Looks like next week we meet this Bishop Gasper.
Aug 25, 2013 6:31 PM

Jul 2013
This was an interesting episode, Issei should really make a sculpture of every girl in the occult club, then he could have his own little collection xD
Also, I wonder how many people here would want to meet someone like Xenovia, she's way too clueless, and Souna's sister was way too hyper. And that kiss towards the end was great until Asia came in, I wonder if she behind the door listening. Also, Gasper is showing up next week, now things are going to get interesting.
Aug 25, 2013 6:35 PM

May 2013
Can't wait to see who this other bishop is.
Aug 25, 2013 6:38 PM

Sep 2012
yay.. issei art being animated.. lol

and xenovia showing 4 condom as if it's magic (came from nothingness)

lastly maou shoujou leviathan... XD

sona kaichou to embarrased XD
Aug 25, 2013 6:41 PM

Jul 2013
He really should have a collection of sculptures on his dresser as an easter egg in a future episode.
Aug 25, 2013 6:45 PM

Jul 2013
babymilo91 said:
Can't wait to see who this other bishop is.

Hint hint, you've already seen the person in question ;).
Work in progress...
Aug 25, 2013 6:46 PM

Jul 2013
Ramkec said:
Black--Swordsman said:

Amen son, finally.

Lol'd at Leviathan, and the parents in school recording and shit.

Looks like next week we meet this Bishop Gasper.

Based on how the events are moving, I'd say it'd be the latter and be in episode 10. I think next episode might be solely dedicated the new/old bishop Gasper. We'll see though.
Work in progress...
Aug 25, 2013 6:51 PM

Jul 2013
Talk about a peculiar family.
Also, it's just my eyes (after waiting this looong week) or the character designs improved a little bit ?
Aug 25, 2013 7:08 PM

Nov 2012
LOL at Issey using his echiness for art. That was an awesome sculpture of Rias, wish I have one.
Aug 25, 2013 7:12 PM

Aug 2012
The ED is too powerful.
Rias family acts nothing how you would suspect demon nobles to. There just so casual about everything and showing off embarrassing video just like normal families.

Aug 25, 2013 7:15 PM

Mar 2013
Stitches327 said:
The ED is too powerful.
Rias family acts nothing how you would suspect demon nobles to. There just so casual about everything and showing off embarrassing video just like normal families.

Well as she said all the Maous are too casual in their free time.

Just the Funimation sub out atm that I can find which sucks cos their subs are generally not great. Still was good for getting the idea of the episode, will check latter for fansubs.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Aug 25, 2013 7:18 PM

Mar 2012
Riotstarter said:
Stitches327 said:
The ED is too powerful.

Well as she said all the Maous are too casual in their free time.

Just the Funimation sub out atm that I can find which sucks cos their subs are generally not great. Still was good for getting the idea of the episode, will check latter for fansubs.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 25, 2013 8:30 PM

Apr 2012
i wonder it the bishop is the other loli in the ending song
Aug 25, 2013 9:08 PM

Sep 2011
Serafall: Im so mad i almost attack heaven.

Issei: I don't know if she for real or joking.

I liked her alrdy ~
Aug 25, 2013 9:30 PM

Jul 2013
Well White Dragon was introduce in this episode, but a friendly yet caution welcome. It's funny how Xenovia was apologizing since the last episode as well as, well holding something unusual XD. Looks like Leviathan was introduce in this episode also, dress as a magical girl, with Sona as her sister. Also Rias's family was introduce in this episode, they seem like casual all of a sudden.

Overall an okay episode though just a set up from the first half of the episode, but an unexpected ending from Rias and Issei.
omega_d94Aug 25, 2013 9:46 PM

Aug 25, 2013 9:33 PM

Nov 2011
The debut of the Maou Shoujo didn't disappoint. Sona must be so proud of her nee-san. Other highlights:

- Rias statue. GET!
- More Akeno & Xenovia antics.
- Almost Gasper time.

antipurefaith said:
i wonder it the bishop is the other loli in the ending song

Obviously.
Aug 25, 2013 10:07 PM

Jun 2012
White Dragon Emperor looks like a Final Fantasy reject
HybridMBLAug 25, 2013 10:11 PM
Aug 25, 2013 11:45 PM

Jul 2012
So they're finally tightening the nose... Does this spell the end for fansubbing in the US?... (cue ominous music) Somebody call the Maou Shoujo!
Aug 25, 2013 11:57 PM
Jul 2018
YES YES YESSSS!!!! More great fan service which I'm loving.
Good episode like always
Aug 26, 2013 12:08 AM

Nov 2009
Can't wait to see Gasper.
Demons can change their appearances that's why Rias' dad looks young.
Aug 26, 2013 12:22 AM

Jul 2012
I am seriously liking this series this season. For some reason I find it extremely entertaining and enthralling. Great fanservice with little bits of seriousness.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Aug 26, 2013 12:27 AM

May 2013
Dat Cosplay!!!HAHA!! and damn lucky Issei got a kiss with Rias O_O, cant wait to see the new bishop total ownage!!!
Tch.
Aug 26, 2013 12:33 AM

Apr 2013
Releasing the Bishop..Im so what worried about whats going to happen to Isseis and Rias relationship :/ and Akeno AHHH
Aug 26, 2013 12:59 AM

Aug 2008
I always did like Serafall. It always intrigued me to know how old she is. Younger than Lucifer is what I think.
And as always, I love kissing scenes. Condom scene was played nice too.
Aug 26, 2013 1:15 AM

Dec 2012
Rias is more aggressive now thanks to Akeno. Instead of teasing Issei, she gets more serious now, stealing his kiss and all. Rias has reason to worry since Akeno is a formidable opponent :D
Aug 26, 2013 1:56 AM

May 2010
I wish a cool character like Vali would have been the protagonist and by cool, I mean personality-wise. So Issei is good at crafting, nice one even if it is his perverted side once again...

Onee-san, wow... I like Levi-tan xD Poor Sauna, I loved this episode. Less fanservice and more comedy.
Aug 26, 2013 2:22 AM

Feb 2011
DAMNNNN DAT KISS WAS SUCH A WIN.
Aug 26, 2013 2:57 AM

Mar 2012
"He might actually become big money artist."

You know
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 26, 2013 3:15 AM

Jul 2013
Who is the bigger siscon I wonder, Sirzechs or Serafall? I think it was said better in the LN about Serafall. That if she wanted to she could destroy the nation of Japan several times over! I'm pretty sure Grayfia should have been in this episode, I thought she hit Sirzechs with a paper fan and broke up Rias and Asia's fight over Issei.
Aug 26, 2013 4:13 AM

Aug 2013
This show is so over the top but you gatta love it. Xenovia is clueless when it comes to how to talk to guys, but you gatta love her for trying.
My Candies:
Aug 26, 2013 4:40 AM

Apr 2013
For a second there, I thought Issei is gonna become emo mode like Shuu after meeting Vali. Lucky that he didn't.
Aug 26, 2013 5:05 AM

Sep 2012
Leviathan is really given good spotlight here....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2013

124 by SantiOtakito »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirgoodguy - Jul 7, 2013

251 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2013

144 by demxnys »»
Dec 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2013

164 by kitsune0 »»
Sep 21, 2023 2:07 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2013

295 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 12:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.