Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 16, 2013 3:54 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's NamiDai's character and Monk brother for intro.!!

Watching DVDs with Fuuto together (researching the acting). Juri's mad because she listened to Fuuto easily. lol @ Juri and that hair stylist guy, which was revealed that he understands what Juri says. It's nice that they team up to protect Chii-chan. Also, showing Yuusuke really like her to the extend that he wants to go to the same university as her.

Parents' wedding day with rest of brothers introduced: Nobu's character, who likes wearing like female and Maeno-san's character, who was younger brother of the twins (instead of older)? And she's the gamer of the company he works in. (as well as Father and mother for the wedding) It's nice that they officially introduced her into the family after the wedding.

Maeno-san's character realized the problem to OnoD's character's problem?? And that Yuusuke's end card!!
tsubasaloverJul 16, 2013 4:34 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 16, 2013 9:04 AM
Dec 2012
Didn't imagine she was a gamer. I wasn't surprised to know Tomoko of WataMote was a gamer, but this time kinda surprised.

I was disappointed in Fuuto not b/c he was disgusting but b/c he failed.
Jul 16, 2013 9:39 AM

Jun 2008
Hm, didn't except Yuusuke at the end this time o.o
Not much to say this time... I expected the wedding to be... different in the anime... I do wonder if they'll show more interaction between Natsume and Subaru, though. I don't expect the awkward animation to disappear, but the next episode should be more interesting~
Jul 16, 2013 1:35 PM

Mar 2007

Which one of these is not like the others~
You've come a long way, baby.
Jul 16, 2013 3:07 PM

Aug 2009
DAMNIT I LOVE THIS SHOW

the cockblock moments make me wanna shoot my brains though T u T

oh god my spazzles when I saw them all in suits <3

Every Tuesday this show bring me so much happiness ;////;
Jul 16, 2013 6:20 PM

Feb 2013
Are English subs out?
Jul 17, 2013 2:19 AM
Feb 2013
Kimura said:

Which one of these is not like the others~

Of course it's the Fag, isn't obvious.

Btw, I wonder where is the step sister in this picture?
Jul 17, 2013 2:47 AM

Dec 2007
RazorRamona200 said:

Btw, I wonder where is the step sister in this picture?

It's not a picture its the scene where all the brothers welcomes Chi-chan to the family :P
Jul 17, 2013 3:06 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
This show is getting better and better. At first, I didn't like it that much 'cause it seemed a bit too rushed with all these brothers.
But now, I think the plot is rather interesting and so I enjoyed Episode 3 more than the first and the second :)

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Jul 17, 2013 3:47 AM

May 2010
Hell yeah, almost everyone loved this episode.

I like these subs way more. I think, these are Usagi fansubs. They are doing a great job.

I hope she becomes a bit more expressive by the end, liking showing anger and hitting the guys when they do anything wrong.

Why the hell do they call her nee-san and want to be with her at the same time? Kaname and now Fuuto... I don't like either of these. A "Good job" to Yusuke. I hope she listens to Juli's advice. Luois is getting better, now that he showed more personality.

I am glad she does not blush too much, it's bearable. Yusuke wants to go in the same college, love is in air xD

In the end, I like Ema. She is adorable in her own way esp. in that dress.

Natsume's introduction! He is just the way I predicted. Is it just me or she felt attracted to Natsume? Huh, looks like my OTP is sailing already :p

Two guys are already all over her xD She plays some gory games and that's awesome. I think she has showed the most personality to Natsume now. My OTP is perfect in every way, I guess xD He noticed her in the album too.
TragicRomanceJul 17, 2013 4:14 AM
Jul 17, 2013 3:51 AM

Dec 2012
"as punishment i'll do all different kind of things to you. in your room." and of course she opened the door then without any complaints. are you kidding me? i would understand it if she actually found him attractive, but she doesn't. she's just stupidly submissive. and she even put her loved pet into a bag? what the fuck is wrong with that girl!?

this wasn't a bad episode. but it was rather boring and predictable (surprise, surprise, the girl caught the bride's flowers). and the mc makes me so angry, arghhh. it's like amnesia all over again for me.
Jul 17, 2013 4:21 AM

Jun 2011
hiabara said:
"as punishment i'll do all different kind of things to you. in your room." and of course she opened the door then without any complaints. are you kidding me? i would understand it if she actually found him attractive, but she doesn't. she's just stupidly submissive. and she even put her loved pet into a bag? what the fuck is wrong with that girl!?
This.
Jul 17, 2013 5:15 AM

Dec 2012
Switched to HS for subs- so much better than the unreadable pink text.

This MC is so stupid and submissive and just, I want to bang her head against the wall. She's so stupid- she put Juli in a bag and ugh- but I love her character design...

Enjoying the series so far- I was so hyped when I saw Iori in the first scene!
Jul 17, 2013 7:06 AM
Jun 2013
The scene with Fuuto was like the opening to a hentai or something. Can characters really be this submissive? If he asked her to get naked as 'punishment' she'd have her clothes off in no time.
Jul 17, 2013 7:55 AM

Sep 2009
I'm loving this episode more. But damn... I don't really like how submissive she is in the beginning but I understand her since that's her personality :D
Jul 17, 2013 8:16 AM

Jul 2012
Between this and Free! I am just dying. Both are getting better and although most of the time it's nothing but fan service, I deffinately don't mind since the plots are growing. My personal favorites are (in no particular order) Ukyo, Subaru, and Iori. I can't wait for Iori to have an episode.

However this episode pissed me off a little Fuuto is such a ass. Ema asked like every other girl that just falls for the manipulative popular bad boy! I was begging for someone to interupt, thanks Yusuke!!!

Another thing kind of bugged me. For having a 31 year old son as the oldest the Mom looked amazingly young. How can you have 13 kids and still look that good!? I know it's an anime but still it was ....odd? Also, why are 31-18 year olds hitting on their 16!!!! year old sister. Japan I love you and your hot animated men but please stop making anime that makes me question my morals. (xD <3)
Jul 17, 2013 8:24 AM

May 2012
Yes! I really love Subaru, and I'm always rooting for him.
Jul 17, 2013 8:56 AM

Jun 2012
I want to re-play the game again...

Suba-chan kawaii~ // jajaj

So far the anime is pretty great, too bad that the animation sucks most of the time

- I only draw freestyle! -
Jul 17, 2013 9:27 AM

Sep 2008
Seriously what's with this family?!
13 brothers?!
The probability some of them are adopted,
or her mother is... and they have lot of "fathers"
before their mom meet heroine's dad.

Weeding, but heroine now meet her new family.
Even in the day of weeding she meet new brother.

Really, I know this show gonna be ridiculous,
but really...

Such good cast, but plot is so stupid that I can't even.
Jul 17, 2013 9:45 AM

Mar 2011
Natsume~ And couldn't Subaru be any more obvious. Lol.
Jul 17, 2013 9:50 AM
Jan 2013
Yusuke to the rescue, for once I thought Chi is in trouble.

The brothers are complete.

Nice to know that Chi is a gamer.
Jul 17, 2013 10:05 AM

Jan 2008
RazorRamona200[/quote said:

Of course it's the Fag, isn't obvious.

I thought it's the youngest one because... well, he's the youngest.

hiabara said:

Yeeeah. But thankfully - aside from that - she was pretty okay in this episode. I would love if they strayed from the "typical otome game adaptation heroine (no-)personality" and go all Empathic!Ema. She's cute like that.
I'm still loling all over the fact that all those guys are super hot and majority of them fall for their step-sister like there's no other woman in the vicinity.
And Fuuto must die, I can't stand him.

Also...
Blonde Hot Glasses Guy: So, studying this late at night, huh?
Ema: Uuuum, yeah, sure! *not going to tell him I need to kick Giant Zombie's' ass. Lvl 67, here I come~*
CiaraJul 17, 2013 10:09 AM
Jul 17, 2013 10:12 AM

Feb 2013
This girl is getting the red card now!!! IT HAS APPEARED! Well she's obviously taking on all the qualities of a typical reverse harem character. Submissive and all that jazz...

I could explode on my rage of her stupidity of letting Fuuto into her room, but I will stop myself. I think she approaches Heroine from Amnesia's personality before Nanami's personality (Utapri), Nanami's a little more right in the head.

I wish they'd make some kind of reverse harem with the girl all strong and not totally lost. I'd like some kind of main character like Misaki from KWMS, I think the show would be really interesting and hilarious.

Meeting the mom: I'm very surprised that Hinata's dad actually wanted to marry this lady, I mean, she's been pretty busy "down there" if you look at all her sons haha
Jul 17, 2013 10:13 AM

Aug 2010
Yaay all the brothers have been introduced :)
HOT DAMN. brothers in suits (with the exception of hikaru ofc) *o* they all lookin' so fineee.

Yuusuke is my favorite character hands down. His tsun side is undeniable.
xSimplicityJul 17, 2013 10:18 AM
Jul 17, 2013 10:29 AM

Jan 2013
better and better ^^ Brothers in suits <33
Jul 17, 2013 11:13 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
hiabara said:

I thought that too...especially the pet part D: why would you ever put your pet zipped up in your bag? Animal abuse. Well that's the only complaint I have for Ema this week, otherwise she seems like one of the better reverse harem/otome games heroine. And the ED, it's strangely catchy.
Jul 17, 2013 11:52 AM

Jul 2010
Omg I want the Subaru route to happen, he's just too adorable.

I don't really like the main character though the one from Amnesia was far worse, though I hope she'll become a little more confident/less submissive in the next few episodes
Jul 17, 2013 12:03 PM

Aug 2011
pp813 said:

I wish they'd make some kind of reverse harem with the girl all strong and not totally lost. I'd like some kind of main character like Misaki from KWMS, I think the show would be really interesting and hilarious.

See: Tamaki from HnK. But DEEN screwed that shit up hard.

I actually kind of like Ema, I think she's cute. She's extremely submissive but I can see room for her to improve in that prospect. She also likes video games. She's also clearly a bit of an introvert because she's been alone for most of her life so I'd assume she's not that used to interacting with other people, but she's getting used to it now.

Anyways I'd go for Fuuto/Yuusuke/Subaru route because there is no chance of a Tsubaki route in sight. ;___; Oh well the former three are also good please make it happen.

4/5 great episode I was thoroughly entertained.
Jul 17, 2013 12:19 PM

Aug 2009
So they all arnt blood related!! I get it now

(someone during the first ep told me they were blood related and im like what?? >.<)
Jul 17, 2013 1:18 PM

Dec 2009
I still think Fuuto is a butt.

The ending is so fabulous with the dancing and everything~

Subaru is the cutest thing. I really like Yusuke aswell. And Kaname. And Tsubaki. Tbh I just like all of them :V Except Fuuto. The butt.

After the ending credits. "Your glasses are on top of your head." "Oh."
Jul 17, 2013 1:29 PM
Mar 2013
United Colors of Benetton ~
Jul 17, 2013 2:30 PM

Apr 2013
It looks like Subaru is getting the most attention out of all the brothers.
Jul 17, 2013 3:08 PM

Jun 2012
Well, Subaru is obviously the main love interest of this series, although I wish it was Yuusuke.

Oh yeah and another great episode for the best character Louis... His declaration of protect with Juli was nice.
Jul 17, 2013 3:16 PM

Feb 2012
Lmao dat 4th brother.

Juli making an alliance was epic.

Nice episode.
Jul 17, 2013 3:52 PM

May 2012
The oldest son is 31 year old according to MAL. So, the mother is probably around 50, but she looks much younger than that.

I wonder if she is the biological mother of all those 13 brothers. Maybe some of them are adopted.
Jul 17, 2013 4:36 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
What if we merged Ema and Juli's personalities...?
Jul 17, 2013 4:43 PM

Feb 2013
Once again, its the brothers to the rescue! This show would be totally lost if we had to depend on the MC.

Not only does Chi have little to no personality, but she is my hated ultra submissive female protagonists. Why does Japan like to create such annoying female doormats?!! In fact Chi might be even more of a rug than a doormat. Peoples seem to walk over her all the time rather than just at the door. And after 3 episodes, I'm afraid she's going to stay that way.

So, anyway, it's up to the brothers to bring some life to this. We meet the final two missing brothers in terms of Hikaru and Natsume. I have to admit though that Hikaru isn't the best crossdresser I've seen, he actually looks pretty masculine in comparison to others in anime.

I though the agreement between Louis and Juli was cute, Futo is a jerk but he's not totally bad, not that uncommon for a 15 year old brat. Subaru and Yusuke are cute and the most likely two serious love contenders. I have to swing the vote towards Yusuke since I have a thing for redheads in anime. ;)

We finally meet the mother of all these boys and looking at how young and shapely she looks, she doesn't appear to be the kind of woman who could give birth to and raise 13 boys! However these are anime parents so they really don't raise their kids majority of the time. I'm guessing the older siblings typically raise the younger ones.

It was nice to see that Chi actually had a hobby of gaming, but that doesn't really save her character.
I give this episode a 6.4/10.
Jul 17, 2013 6:06 PM

Sep 2012
The only thing on my mind: How the hell their mother had so many children and still has a nice body?

Cratex said:

That would be interesting
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Jul 17, 2013 6:25 PM

Jun 2009
I give props to the mother because damn 13 kids? And they are all guys
Jul 17, 2013 9:12 PM

May 2010
Cratex said:

She would become one of the best heroine, hitting guys like that. I wish, Juli was a part of her personality who would be actually her but can only appear after she has interacted with others long enough. It would be an interesting plot twist imo.
Jul 17, 2013 11:59 PM

Jan 2013
Well, that was alright.
I don't think this anime will ever surprise me.
It's watchable, and not overly boring.
Jul 18, 2013 4:55 AM

Dec 2007
hiabara said:

Blonde Hot Glasses Guy: So, studying this late at night, huh?
Ema: Uuuum, yeah, sure! *not going to tell him I need to kick Giant Zombie's' ass. Lvl 67, here I come~*

Bahahaha this comment made my day. I can so see that happening XD

Also I wonder if they made Ema's personality so non-existent because they're trying to keep true to the otome game aspect where the female lead is just a self-insert for the girl watching it?

Man I hope that doesn't happen. It makes sense in the format of a game but in a show it's annoying to see a character without personality.
cybacleJul 18, 2013 4:59 AM
Jul 18, 2013 5:43 AM
Jan 2011
Wow, Louis and Juli can understand each other, nice out for Chi.
Jul 18, 2013 7:02 AM
Jul 2013
Actually it may not focus on Suburu.
It looks like it will either focus on Yusuke, Tsubaki, Azusa, Natsume Suburu or Futo because those 6 are shown most in the ed dance & are together.
Besides for episode 4 it looks like it will focus more on Tsubaki, Azusa and Natsume.
(I SO WANT HER TO END UP WITH TSUBAKI T_T I LOVE HIS ROUTE~ and in the novel ;3; hes matured so much)
-coughs-
I wonder if they'll get the triplets conflict in..
If its following the novel (not sure) then Ema does get personality, but not so strong headed xD
My OTP is officially TsubakixEma
Besides hes a anime fan ;3

Always-Hungry said:
It looks like Subaru is getting the most attention out of all the brothers.

Probably because hes the first brother who falls in love with ema, after yusuke.
It does look like its following the novel though :3

UtsukushiiYume said:
pp813 said:

See: Tamaki from HnK. But DEEN screwed that shit up hard.

I actually kind of like Ema, I think she's cute. She's extremely submissive but I can see room for her to improve in that prospect. She also likes video games. She's also clearly a bit of an introvert because she's been alone for most of her life so I'd assume she's not that used to interacting with other people, but she's getting used to it now.

Anyways I'd go for Fuuto/Yuusuke/Subaru route because there is no chance of a Tsubaki route in sight. ;___; Oh well the former three are also good please make it happen.

4/5 great episode I was thoroughly entertained.

Oh dont worry, there is a chance of a Tsubaki route. IF THEY ARE FOLLOWING THE NOVEL T_T
But there is because episode 4 seems to focus more on the triplets. Besides it seems that the twins are the main interest mainly because of the amount of people who like them xD (Sorry suburu and yusuke fans ;#;)
But im sure later on we'll see more of the triplets ;3 since the author hints they are the closet it Ema currently.

Moderator Edit:Place it all in one post not in several comments.
Suzune-chanJul 18, 2013 6:41 PM
Jul 18, 2013 8:26 AM
Jan 2012
kinda surprised me that she's a gamer wwwww
Jul 18, 2013 11:28 AM
Mar 2010
Natsume~~~ I love him so much. I hope he has loads of deredere scenes with Ema. Oh, I want more Natsume~
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 18, 2013 11:34 AM
Mar 2012
As for the brothers I think I like the hairdresser and the red head best.

But:
_Rika said:
hiabara said:
This.
This. They could have a pet turtle and it'd have more intelligence and initiative than that girl.
I'm not sure, I'm gonna make it through to the end. It nearly hurts how stupid she is. I think I found a bit of my brain that dropped out of my ears in despair on my desk...
Jul 18, 2013 1:32 PM

Jun 2013
the fuck?!
Jul 18, 2013 1:57 PM
Jul 2018
fuck this show
it's a second Amnesia or Starry Sky. Nothing new
and some boys irritates me, especially this girl-like brother (wtf???)
MC is just so naive and lack of talent, she do nothing - only speak with her brothers (say "yes", "no" and other stupid words)

brrr
now it is 3/10, i wonder what is going to happen just to laugh again looool'
Jul 18, 2013 3:04 PM

Nov 2011
YandereObsessed said:
thepath said:
The oldest son is 31 year old according to MAL. So, the mother is probably around 50, but she looks much younger than that.

I wonder if she is the biological mother of all those 13 brothers. Maybe some of them are adopted.

only one of them are ;3 not saying who

Even if one of them is adopted, it's still kinda hard to believe though.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Ema ends up with...? (Spoiler)

MR_FURUKAWA - May 4, 2016

10 by superstaff »»
Feb 4, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Brothers Conflict Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2013

94 by DTBx91 »»
Nov 25, 2023 10:15 AM

Poll: » Brothers Conflict Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jul 23, 2013

92 by saraar »»
Sep 29, 2023 2:16 PM

Poll: » Brothers Conflict Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 2, 2013

184 by BL00DY_SLVT »»
May 21, 2023 2:46 AM

Poll: » Brothers Conflict Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jul 9, 2013

91 by ceylin_unal »»
May 2, 2023 1:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.