Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 12, 2013 8:43 PM

Mar 2012
Since js06 has started translating the Volume, I feel that we should use a single discussion thread for anything related to this volume. So...start!
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 12, 2013 9:03 PM

Feb 2009
>He had pressed his arms and legs against the buildings on either side of the narrow alley to climb up to the fifth floor.
We Spiderman now huh Kamijou.

And Misaki キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!
Or at least, someone she's controlling but close enough. Totally loving that illustration for that part.

Though how the hell can Mikoto think that that ringlet curls(drills?) girl is smuggling Kamijou in that bag even if it's big one? Unless she thinks or knows that her power is super strength or manipulating weight or something. Unless again, she thinks Misaki is controlling her to carry him out?
May 12, 2013 9:45 PM

Feb 2009
js06 is on a roll today.

"Oh?” The bobbed hair girl’s eyeballs rolled around once in her head before looking back at Kamijou’s face. “I suppose hearing that from you at a time like this certainly is a lot like you. But make no mistake. I am more annoyed than impressed.”

“What? Have you seen magic before or something?”

“No, I have not. But I have a reason to trust what you say that is completely unrelated to that cheap nonsense.”

“What…do you mean?” Kamijou frowned while covered in flowers. “Have we met before by any chance?”

"If you are talking about the side event ability of the Daihaseisai, you are quite mistaken,” said the bobbed hair girl as if rolling a hard candy along the top of her tongue. “But you are always like this. Perhaps that is the proper form for our relationship ability. No matter how many times I ask or our paths cross, the answer is always the same. Saying this will probably make you angry just like back then, but perhaps that is my punishment for having this power. After all, these repeated coincidences cannot be explained logically☆”
It's official, Misaki knows pre-amnesia Touma. Shit, shit, shit. I want to know more but this is just Kamachi teasing us again. This probably won't get tackled further than this since we have an enemy in the midst. KAMACHIIII!!!!

Kamijou looked confused and was about to ask the bobbed hair girl about it, but something stopped him.

Without hesitation, the bobbed hair girl began removing the top of her sailor uniform.

Kamijou made a splendid leap behind the pile of cardboard boxes as if he was evading a barrage of bullets.

“You idiot!! Did you forget you’re borrowing this girl’s body!?”

“Oh? But I don’t mind at all.”

“Of course you don’t! You’re controlling someone else!! Don’t you feel any guilt!? Even if I tried to apologize, she can’t hear me!!”

“It is true that this bust size ability is rather disappointing.”

While still hiding behind the cardboard boxes, Kamijou put on the black bulletproof and stabproof armor. He peered out when he heard a voice saying “You can come out now!”, but the girl was still wearing nothing but her underwear. Kamijou silently hid right back behind the boxes and slammed his forehead against the floor. This made a loud noise, but it had no real meaning.

“…There is no way in hell you are going to heave a pleasant death.”

“I can’t think of any death that would be pleasant☆”
MISAKIII!!!
Going on board the MisakixTouma ship now. Who's with me?
belatkuroMay 12, 2013 9:53 PM
May 12, 2013 9:58 PM

Mar 2012
belatkuro said:
It's official, Misaki knows pre-amnesia Touma. Shit, shit, shit. I want to know more but this is just Kamachi teasing us again. This probably won't get tackled further than this since we have an enemy in the midst. KAMACHIIII!!!!

About that enemy in the midst...never mind. You'll find out soon.

belatkuro said:

MISAKIII!!!

Me! Although I still support ToumaxItsuwa. :P

May 12, 2013 10:13 PM

Feb 2009
CreationBreaker said:
belatkuro said:

About that enemy in the midst...never mind. You'll find out soon.

belatkuro said:

MISAKIII!!!

Me! Although I still support ToumaxItsuwa. :P
I'm quite aware of the details of the spoilers, that's why I said this won't get tackled further as TouMAN will be busy fighting.

And I heard that Kamachi said in the afterwords of NT7 that he plans to go back to England again for the story. So there's a chance for that! I'm also a fan for Touma and Itsuwa but Kamachi has been skimping on it lately and quite pushing Misaka now. Not that I don't also support Misaka and Touma but still, Itsuwa has better proportions is also interesting.

Also, I noticed that Touma has been dressing up a lot now. NT5 had him dressed as a fireman, NT6 has him grabbing random clothes in the trash. And now dressing up as Anti-Skill.
New skill acquired: Change costume!
May 13, 2013 5:35 AM
Mar 2013
Anyways, this was a boss LN!!!! Topped my expectations. How the heck is JS06 that fast. It's super super incredible (not to steal any catchphrases).

I started reading it last night though (I already slept my 6 hours lolz). Now part 6 is up too, I have to read that too (this is where Misaki says that to Touma huh, good thing I already spoiled myself so the thread didn't spoil it lol).

Best moment of Toaru Majutsu no Index NT:

"........................... what"

:D

By the way, for those of you reeling over Touma x Misaki or that they knew each other go to Chapter 59 page 11 third image on the page at raw sen scans and you will be able to guess at how Touma knows Misaki...

"If you say it is the case, then it must be the case."

Woah, we really have someone head over heels in love or in debt. She's so much cutesier and seems to have pretty good character depth behind her background, so I might want her to end up with Touma more than Misaka especially if she's suffered similar things to her... I mean Misaka is such a jerk to him: she always misunderstands. I found it cute, that at first she thought it was imagination though. XD

Mod Edit: Removed quote of a deleted post.
LunaMay 19, 2013 2:53 AM
May 13, 2013 8:16 PM

Mar 2012
Chapter 1 Part 9 Released. Go read moar Index.

May 14, 2013 3:05 AM

Feb 2009
Misaki still continues to be the playful and teasing ojou-sama that I expect her to be. And her interactions with Touma are gold. Really want to ship these two but I guess this is it for now as we have some pressing issues with the plot.

And finally some backstory on Tsuchimikado. Been wanting to know more about this playful bastard. He would have been good as a protagonist in the story seeing as he's the only esper-magician hybrid but instead we got Hamazura. At least Kamijou has IB and his precognition, plus some excellent sneaking techniques. Hamazura has lockpicking and driving machinery and...that's it I think. At least him harem is great.
Moving on I guess.
May 14, 2013 12:54 PM
Mar 2013
belatkuro said:
Misaki still continues to be the playful and teasing ojou-sama that I expect her to be. And her interactions with Touma are gold. Really want to ship these two but I guess this is it for now as we have some pressing issues with the plot.

And finally some backstory on Tsuchimikado. Been wanting to know more about this playful bastard. He would have been good as a protagonist in the story seeing as he's the only esper-magician hybrid but instead we got Hamazura. At least Kamijou has IB and his precognition, plus some excellent sneaking techniques. Hamazura has lockpicking and driving machinery and...that's it I think. At least him harem is great.
Moving on I guess.

Tsuchimikado is bat-shit crazy. Read part 2... He is... ridiculous. Never seen him like that before... I would feel bad for him if I hadn't spoiled myself lolz.

belatkuro said:
>He had pressed his arms and legs against the buildings on either side of the narrow alley to climb up to the fifth floor.

And Misaki キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!
Or at least, someone she's controlling but close enough. Totally loving that illustration for that part.

Though how the hell can Mikoto think that that ringlet curls(drills?) girl is smuggling Kamijou in that bag even if it's big one? Unless she thinks or knows that her power is super strength or manipulating weight or something. Unless again, she thinks Misaki is controlling her to carry him out?

She was stumbling... so it was suspicious... maybe she was just strong.

The other girl managed to do it with flowers... The queen is so bad... it would have been more fun running with you pressed against them lol lol lol... (if she likes Touma, I see she probably wouldn't mind polygamy...)

Also... what really got me was the... when he spilled milk on her hair... OMG her response, she is totally not a middle school girl. Otherwise... she's twisted lolz.
May 15, 2013 4:07 AM

Feb 2009
belatkuro said:
ssjokg said:
BTW I finished NT6.Damn "Kakine Teikoku" is something else now.Even getting his own urban legend.
He's out there now protecting little girls the people.
>Fremea has rhinoceros beetle keychain
>Fraulein has rhinoceros beetle plushie.
Well shit. If Last Order has one as well then it's official: New Kakine is a pedo :P

And damn, you don't mess with Tsuchimikado. He has nothing to lose, nothing to gain in his vendetta here so I'm excited to see what he does at this point.
May 15, 2013 8:10 AM

Mar 2012
belatkuro said:
belatkuro said:
ssjokg said:
BTW I finished NT6.Damn "Kakine Teikoku" is something else now.Even getting his own urban legend.
He's out there now protecting little girls the people.
>Fremea has rhinoceros beetle keychain
>Fraulein has rhinoceros beetle plushie.
Well shit. If Last Order has one as well then it's official: New Kakine is a pedo :P

Kakine ain't a pedo. He's like Batman for lolis. Prowling the night to protect all the lolis of Academy City.

But I seriously want that Beetle merchandise.

dniv said:

Tsuchimikado is bat-shit crazy. Read part 2... He is... ridiculous. Never seen him like that before... I would feel bad for him if I hadn't spoiled myself lolz.

Never underestimate a siscon who has lost his sister. But, on a serious note, he does have very little to lose here. Maika's existence was, in a sense, a limiter on his actions.

belatkuro said:

Japanese Spiderman?

May 15, 2013 11:53 AM

Dec 2011
Deep down I'm still hoping Maika is alive...
May 16, 2013 10:35 PM
Mar 2013
RedShadoww said:
Deep down I'm still hoping Maika is alive...

Read the new stuff up to section 13 of chapter 2... It's interesting... You learn some interesting stuff... Yep... There is a pretty cool seen though.
May 16, 2013 11:17 PM

Feb 2009
>right eye gouged
WTF Tsuchimikado?! WTF?! How could you ruin the face of one of the most beautiful characters in the Indexverse(debatable :P). I know there's technology to heal/replace it but damn man. That was too much.

And well, as usual, I'm getting a bit confused over things. So everything that's happened here is sort of controlled? One thing will lead to another but those things are already determined by I would haphazardly guess as the result of the Agitate Halation Project.
I'm kind of getting agitated as well with these revelations(pun intended).
Better reread the spoilers again to clear up some stuff.

...and reading it makes more sense now, though there's one detail now that's inaccurate there. The spoiler said that Tsuchimikado pawned Touma in their fistfight but here Touma won without breaking a sweat. There will probably some inaccuracies with those spoilers I guess but it's been mostly correct.

Lastly:
>Tsuchimikado
>running around for hours
>used magic and injured himself
>shot in the side
>climbed 50 stories of a building
>still has breath to talk to Kaizumi and confess his actions
lel
belatkuroMay 16, 2013 11:37 PM
May 17, 2013 9:58 AM

Aug 2009
So one of my predictions about Maika's "death" was kinda true.

We know that Agitate Halation is Fremea's ability or something since she is a level 0 so what's the deal?

This is one of the fastest translations I have ever seen yet I keep thinking"Come on finish it already".

@belatkuro
I dont really like her appearance even though I like Fukiyose.
May 17, 2013 10:41 AM
Mar 2013
belatkuro said:
>right eye gouged
WTF Tsuchimikado?! WTF?! How could you ruin the face of one of the most beautiful characters in the Indexverse(debatable :P). I know there's technology to heal/replace it but damn man. That was too much.

And well, as usual, I'm getting a bit confused over things. So everything that's happened here is sort of controlled? One thing will lead to another but those things are already determined by I would haphazardly guess as the result of the Agitate Halation Project.
I'm kind of getting agitated as well with these revelations(pun intended).
Better reread the spoilers again to clear up some stuff.

...and reading it makes more sense now, though there's one detail now that's inaccurate there. The spoiler said that Tsuchimikado pawned Touma in their fistfight but here Touma won without breaking a sweat. There will probably some inaccuracies with those spoilers I guess but it's been mostly correct.

Lastly:
>Tsuchimikado
>running around for hours
>used magic and injured himself
>shot in the side
>climbed 50 stories of a building
>still has breath to talk to Kaizumi and confess his actions
lel

ssjokg said:

So one of my predictions about Maika's "death" was kinda true.

We know that Agitate Halation is Fremea's ability or something since she is a level 0 so what's the deal?

This is one of the fastest translations I have ever seen yet I keep thinking"Come on finish it already".

@belatkuro
I dont really like her appearance even though I like Fukiyose.
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=599571#sJDhiRGVxOEi7dqv.99

Now, I get you were talking about "her..." well... I thought it was nice making her more of a major character. Brains are pretty cool afterall :D.

Anyway, ... not knowing about magic though is kind of a let downer... made her much less cool... well not really... but...

First,BTW Misaki + Touma is interesting. I think though that Misaki knowing Touma from before is an interesting plot mechanic that shakes things up a fair bit. Because Misaki, Touma have a deeper, closer relationship than him and Mikoto if he ever manages to regain his memories because of Dark Matter.

I think Touma is unaffected by Agitate Halation because of Imagine Breaker.

And yes, it was nice seeing the spoilers being slightly wrong so that IB because Tsuchimikado... I was wondering though, Rensa seemed really weird in the LN, like not so bad... except the exterminate lolz.

Question for everyone: I am guessing that most likely, when Tsuchimikado said To Seria that he had used magic, she was already unconscious briefly, but was she still awake? I mean that would have been weird if he had told her otherwise, but he was in a crazy rage because of agitate halation. I see why agitate halation was rated with a platinum tag in LN 6... But how can a level 0 use an ability like that... I mean she must be a gemstone, but my issue is that if you are a level 0 with an ability like that, wouldn't you really be around level 5 ability because of how much you can affect everything surrounding you.

Also, has everyone changed so much in NT including Mugino and Kakine because of Agitate Halation kicking in... or are people actually becoming better/nicer... It would be sad if everyone suddenly regressed including Accelerator. I am kinda liking everyone's teamwork. The only mean people are just Item to Hamazura lol.

Other question, was Fremea "created"? It sounds like her ability was created and wasn't natural. I kind of forgot some of the spoilers and am actually kind of happy about this because it makes reading the LN more suspenseful, but at the same time, knowing what was going to happen before reading it made it good too...

I'm excited for everything that's left... BTW I am taking Japanese next year, so the goal will be to become fluent eventually... Being able to read before translations comes out seems nice/fun.

This is a super fast translation... but I feel the exact same way, makes me feel kind of guilty. But, I am slightly annoyed that because of it, it's taking a long long time to translate Railgun manga chapter 59... but it's certainly worth it though.

I tried translating some of chapter 59 and it took me like 6 hours on a Saturday to translate 2 lines... not doing that again until I'm good at Japanese... How does anyone just memorize 1800-something Kanji?

I feel like Kaizumi is one of the nice members of the board of directors... In fact, has he done anything bad so far? Even though he seems ignorant of IB.

Does anyone else think Touma is nearing the darkness of Academy City finally?

Now that he's finally learning more about it, I hope more stuff happens with it. This was foreshadowed when he was thinking about going into the "whatever Aleister Crowley's inner fortress was" I forgot the name... It's kind of like what Mikoto is going through in railgun... of course on a totally different level. I just like it when the characters find out more about the city's truths.

Also, maybe agitate halation started to work last volume when they tried to inject malice into Accelerator, or maybe that was distinct... Either way, I think that whatever the "will of the Misaka network" was, gave Accelerator good, safe advice that was to protect him... At least, this is what I think so far...
dnivMay 17, 2013 10:44 AM
May 17, 2013 11:19 AM

Feb 2009
dniv said:
Question for everyone: I am guessing that most likely, when Tsuchimikado said To Seria that he had used magic, she was already unconscious briefly, but was she still awake? I mean that would have been weird if he had told her otherwise, but he was in a crazy rage because of agitate halation. I see why agitate halation was rated with a platinum tag in LN 6... But how can a level 0 use an ability like that... I mean she must be a gemstone, but my issue is that if you are a level 0 with an ability like that, wouldn't you really be around level 5 ability because of how much you can affect everything surrounding you.
>unconscious
>awake
You're not making sense. And you also answered your own question.

As for Agitate Halation, I forgot it was mentioned in NT6. Derp.
And it's probably the same reason why Tsuchimikado at level 0 can use his Auto-Rebirth ability. There are probably some factors that inhibit Fremea's growth and there are only certain times that it leaks out or exhibits some use, which prompted the activation of this project right now.

dniv said:

Now that he's finally learning more about it, I hope more stuff happens with it. This was foreshadowed when he was thinking about going into the "whatever Aleister Crowley's inner fortress was" I forgot the name... It's kind of like what Mikoto is going through in railgun... of course on a totally different level. I just like it when the characters find out more about the city's truths.
He's probably not that close to it yet. He's been fighting the magic side more than the science side. Though the events at the Windowless Building with Fraulein and this project may plunge him head-on into it at some point, though I don't think he'll be that noticeable as IB doesn't seem as threatening to that side. Only Aleister is interested in IB. Kumokawa and Kaizumi may have shown some interest in it but they haven't eally considered disposing or recruiting Touma...yet. We'll see.
May 17, 2013 11:49 AM
Mar 2013
belatkuro said:
dniv said:
>unconscious
>awake
You're not making sense. And you also answered your own question.

As for Agitate Halation, I forgot it was mentioned in NT6. Derp.
And it's probably the same reason why Tsuchimikado at level 0 can use his Auto-Rebirth ability. There are probably some factors that inhibit Fremea's growth and there are only certain times that it leaks out or exhibits some use, which prompted the activation of this project right now.

dniv said:

He's probably not that close to it yet. He's been fighting the magic side more than the science side. Though the events at the Windowless Building with Fraulein and this project may plunge him head-on into it at some point, though I don't think he'll be that noticeable as IB doesn't seem as threatening to that side. Only Aleister is interested in IB. Kumokawa and Kaizumi may have shown some interest in it but they haven't eally considered disposing or recruiting Touma...yet. We'll see.

I meant that Seria fell unconscious after fighting Tsuchimikado... was that before or after he mentioned magic out loud? She might have fallen on the ground, but not yet passed out at that point... It would be interesting for someone like her to find out about magic... if she didn't know about it. I thought the board of directors knew about magic, because they knew Style Mangus, so how would she, the brain not know of it?...
May 17, 2013 8:03 PM

Mar 2012
dniv said:

I meant that Seria fell unconscious after fighting Tsuchimikado... was that before or after he mentioned magic out loud? She might have fallen on the ground, but not yet passed out at that point... It would be interesting for someone like her to find out about magic... if she didn't know about it. I thought the board of directors knew about magic, because they knew Style Mangus, so how would she, the brain not know of it?...

She was quite the distance away from Tsuchimikado before she had her first lapse in consciousness. As such, she probably didn't hear him. Plus, it seemed more like he was muttering.

Aso, damn...I really felt Touma's pain when he fought Tsuchimikado. THAT was incredibly well-written. Screw that. The entire chapter was incredibly tense and well-written. The absurd, the unpredictable! THIS is where Kazuma Kamachi shines as a writer and I am getting such a rush reading the novel.

Also, Seria just jumped up on my list of favorite females from the Raildex-verse just from those two parts alone.

May 17, 2013 9:46 PM

Feb 2009
Rhinoceros Beetle Kakine! How the mighty have fallen :))

And yeah, Fremea is our target here, though it doesn't seem to be related to her powers but she's chosen because... she's an immature little girl? Okaaay.
Basically, she's going to be the single damsel in distress for all the heroes out there who will eventually destroy each other due to misunderstandings, leaving a world without heroes.

.............Silly but pretty interesting. This is Kamachi I guess so there's no need to be surprised by how absurd it sounds. It actually makes more sense than just reading it on the spoilers. And it seems like it goes way back with Skill Out and possibly Komaba. Deep.
Pretty excited to read more.
May 17, 2013 11:01 PM

Mar 2012
belatkuro said:
This is Kamachi I guess so there's no need to be surprised by how absurd it sounds.

This is Kazuma Kamachi we're talking about here. The absurd is his forte. After I read "A Simple Monitoring", I am no longer surprised by what he puts out. Just....intrigued.

BTW, did anyone else notice how similar the Agitate Halation plan is to the Bunny Girl's Objective Alice Plan in A Simple Monitoring?
Ashen_MikoMay 17, 2013 11:07 PM

May 18, 2013 5:33 PM
Mar 2013
CreationBreaker said:
belatkuro said:
This is Kamachi I guess so there's no need to be surprised by how absurd it sounds.

This is Kazuma Kamachi we're talking about here. The absurd is his forte. After I read "A Simple Monitoring", I am no longer surprised by what he puts out. Just....intrigued.

BTW, did anyone else notice how similar the Agitate Halation plan is to the Bunny Girl's Objective Alice Plan in A Simple Monitoring?

1. Is that a recommended read?
2. I am sure I will always be intrigued: "I'm really never actually surprised, just impressed :)"
3. I like what I think is the philosophy he's trying to imply: I think I'm 90% in agreement (Touma's philosophy mixed with some of the others).
4. Damn Rensa is way too broken. Everyone is now completely screwed... Where is Touma? Come and save the day already... lol, I already read the spoilers so I won't say anything. :)
May 18, 2013 6:40 PM

May 2011
So far, its been great, very different from what i expected from looking at the book cover, never judge a book's content by its cover huh...

May 18, 2013 8:34 PM
Mar 2013
Now that last update was boss! I'm loving it, the suspense! The level of ridiculousness is getting more and more exciting. This is looking to be really amazing, but at this point it is just hilarious.

This plot actually seems pretty smart and completely OP... Taking advantage of the weakness of having MULTIPLE heroes is just... crazy... and brilliant... Kazuma Kamachi if only you could write even faster and get translated even faster! JS06 is still super-fast though. I don't get how he comes up with these ideas...

I have already said this in other places: but he just exceeds my expectations each time... This is really being done very well... For a second though I thought that it was going to be character from the Index movie there: Alisa... oh well... I don't know actually how the movie ends... so I'm not sure if I shouldn't have expected that or not...

That last part with the cellphone: that's so suspicious... if that actually happened in real life: at that point, I would be saying entropy must be so near to zero it's ridiculous... I just can't believe it... Academy City certainly is reaching closer and closer to a goal of complete control over things like Personal reality, quantum mechanical probability, and scientific powers... but what does this have to do with Aiwass... considering how powerful Rensa is... I get why they kept her a secret, because it would create a huge uproar if people knew about her... but... why not use her in World War III? I doubt most people espers even knew what was really going on during that war... and... if Aiwass is that much more powerful than Rensa presumably... how powerful can Aiwass be... more than Othinus with 100%? Yakumi's been the villain since... NT 1... (supposedly)... hmmm....

What is Aleister Crowley doing!? He can't be this weak.... can he? I feel like he somehow is working on something in secret in the meantime...

One other thing: I'm pretty sure now that from what I have seen that the "will of the Misaka network" seems to be a good guy/girl. From NT 6, when it was talking to Accelerator... I wasn't sure if it was being good or bad... he was so close to the truth afterall... but now realizing that he would have had to face Rensa otherwise... obviously... it was good advice... and... I'm wondering if we'll see more of this "will..."

Dammnit get to the part with Gunha from the illustrations! lol
May 18, 2013 9:24 PM

Mar 2012
dniv said:
CreationBreaker said:
belatkuro said:

4. Damn Rensa is way too broken. Everyone is now completely screwed... Where is Touma? Come and save the day already... lol, I already read the spoilers so I won't say anything. :)

1. Yes. It is definitely a recommended read. It is the second book in a two part series [Denoted as "A Simple Survey" on B-T] written by Kazuma Kamachi himself and the second book came out in April.

4. Rensa does have limits. She can only use one power at a time and she has a .7 second opening when she switches powers. But don't forget, she is designed to be overpowered.

dniv said:

This entire volume so far has been pretty absurd but that's why I am loving it so far. This has become the existentialist's wet dream. lol

Don't forget that Aleister is seeing too many deviations in his plan to take action. Remember his "conversation" with Birdway at the end of NT02.

May 18, 2013 10:39 PM
Mar 2013
CreationBreaker said:
dniv said:
CreationBreaker said:
belatkuro said:

1. Yes. It is definitely a recommended read. It is the second book in a two part series [Denoted as "A Simple Survey" on B-T] written by Kazuma Kamachi himself and the second book came out in April.

4. Rensa does have limits. She can only use one power at a time and she has a .7 second opening when she switches powers. But don't forget, she is designed to be overpowered.

dniv said:

This entire volume so far has been pretty absurd but that's why I am loving it so far. This has become the existentialist's wet dream. lol

Don't forget that Aleister is seeing too many deviations in his plan to take action. Remember his "conversation" with Birdway at the end of NT02.

I agree, I'm loving it... I'm still wondering about who's manipulating Touma... but...

I just read part 7... We were all wrong including the spoilers... woah. They kind of missed something pretty important... OMG... Kamachi did it again: he completely messed with all of us... who is the real cause of " "... it isn't Fremea... (and it's not that Doctor either...) there's another person who's really... the target... I doubt it's Maika... so who...? Is it Touma (jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk)? :D

You know what else I just realized... Kamach is trying to tear Mikoto and others apart from Touma. If all those Tokiwadai girls remember a certain Misaka Mikoto's boyfriend... it wouldn't exactly go so well... or whatever school those girls ended up being from... if they see him and they were given loose descriptions of how he looks... not good... Misaki can erase their memories, but Mikoto can't... hmmmm........

Last thing:

This spiky-haired boy spoke while holding Rensa’s right wrist in place.
“I’ve got a question: was this part of the plan?”

He's so epic: gotta love him :D
dnivMay 19, 2013 7:10 PM
May 19, 2013 8:06 PM

Mar 2012
dniv said:

Last thing:

Maybe it's a call back to when Othinus did the same thing.

On another note, part 9 was pretty saddening. Hamazura didn't deserve to go down like that.

May 20, 2013 12:35 AM
Mar 2013
CreationBreaker said:
dniv said:

Last thing:

Maybe it's a call back to when Othinus did the same thing.

On another note, part 9 was pretty saddening. Hamazura didn't deserve to go down like that.

At least Hamazura has a fist that can talk for him :)

Nice learning more about IB (been long enough) damn (wrong hand lol) fatal mistake.

Touma is such a boss right now. I'm loving it! Part 12,13 very very ominous... I guess I can see what's coming.

But my question now is this: it is is a simple question..........

How did that cellphone?... what is the world coming to?... For those who want to give a quick short response to this at least read through section 11 before commenting... of chapter 3...

And I have a hopeful idea... but... it's... still... really... weird...
May 20, 2013 1:07 AM
Jul 2012
dniv said:

How did that cellphone?... what is the world coming to?... For those who want to give a quick short response to this at least read through section 11 before commenting... of chapter 3...

If you're talking about Hamazura's cellphone being able to GPS track Fremea, in NT #5, when Last Order and Fremea make friends with Fraulein Kreutune, it explains that gradeschooler's cellphones allow tracking and other parent-friendly features.
May 20, 2013 10:50 AM

Aug 2009
All those fakes pretending to be heroes.
I would REALLY love it if Gunha or Accelerator were to use some force to teach them a lesson.
CallMeIshmael said:
dniv said:

If you're talking about Hamazura's cellphone being able to GPS track Fremea, in NT #5, when Last Order and Fremea make friends with Fraulein Kreutune, it explains that gradeschooler's cellphones allow tracking and other parent-friendly features.
He means the cellphone Touma got from an unkwown person during the fight between the two esper girls.

I believe is Seria.She i smissing,she knows a lot and has reasons to not appear in front of him.
May 20, 2013 10:59 AM

Feb 2009
ssjokg said:
He means the cellphone Touma got from an unkwown person during the fight between the two esper girls.

I believe is Seria.She i smissing,she knows a lot and has reasons to not appear in front of him.
Kumokawa is out of the game I believe. She passed out from shock after sending that mail to Touma which lead him to meeting Tsuchimikado. According to how Agitate Halation is proceeding, I don't think a previous "ball" on the board can play again.

That cellphone might just be something that is done as an effect of Agitate Halation. All these circumstances, coincidences and meetings are surely caused by this, including that one.
This kinda reminds me of Baggage City and the distortion that happened there.
May 20, 2013 11:15 AM

Aug 2009
She was missing when Touma left the office.It was like the LN wanted us to notice this.And from his actions and thoughts in the office we can safely assume that Seria was missing before he got there.

As we saw with Hamazura and Touma the project has holes.Someone like Seria that could see the balls,if not some of the table,must be doing something.Of course she could have been turned into a "hero".

Should we make two categories for the Heroes?
One for those that know Fremea and genuinely want to protect her or those that go around saving people anyway(Gunha),and one for those that had the artificial sense of justice and desire to protect “inputted” into themas the LN states it.

At least in Baggage City we had two clear sides and objectives.

EDIT:Something else that has been bothering me.
The Epilouge is titled:Once It's Over — To_the_Main_Line.
Do you think that Index is coming to an end?I dont mean in 1 or 2 volumes but I dont expect NT to continue for 10 more volumes.
The magic's side villain is already set up,SYSTEM apparently gets closer and closer to completion(at least by looking at the end events of WWII and and how Aleister doesnt seem to do ANYTHING so he may almost have his cards)so both sides' villains are almost ready.Thoughts?
ssjokgMay 20, 2013 11:34 AM
May 20, 2013 11:51 AM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:

Do you think that Index is coming to an end?I dont mean in 1 or 2 volumes but I dont expect NT to continue for 10 more volumes.
The magic's side villain is already set up,SYSTEM apparently gets closer and closer to completion(at least by looking at the end events of WWII and and how Aleister doesnt seem to do ANYTHING so he may almost have his cards)so both sides' villains are almost ready.Thoughts?

No. It's not over yet. I doubt that the GREMLIN plot will last for more than another 6 or so volumes unless we get more volumes like this. However, Aleister isn't doing anything right now because he can't do anything. Read NT02's epilogue for clarification.

BTW,

“What are you talking about?” The boy grabbed a metal bat with a truly puzzled look. “I’m using this for justice. A hero is allowed to borrow the things he needs. He can steal a car to pursue a fleeing criminal and he can grab a sword off the wall.”

I was thinking "dude thinks he's an RPG hero"
or more like..."Paying for the products...? Ain't nobody got time for that."
Ashen_MikoMay 20, 2013 11:59 AM

May 20, 2013 1:38 PM

Aug 2009
CreationBreaker said:
ssjokg said:

No. It's not over yet. I doubt that the GREMLIN plot will last for more than another 6 or so volumes unless we get more volumes like this. However, Aleister isn't doing anything right now because he can't do anything. Read NT02's epilogue for clarification.

Yes he seemingly cant do anything but who knows.Most of the arcs that had a mastermind behind them were about deception.
May 20, 2013 5:45 PM

Aug 2008
I forgot this place talks about the LN as well

As everyone has said, this has been an intense and crazy volume.
So many sad moments as well with Umidori, Touma and Tsuchimikado

I feel bad for Fremea, they're messing around with her feelings and such. I can understand why 05 Beetle would be angry

But jeesj Dark Matter needs a new firewall

May 20, 2013 7:29 PM

Mar 2012
Kenju said:

I feel bad for Fremea, they're messing around with her feelings and such. I can understand why 05 Beetle would be angry

But jeesj Dark Matter needs a new firewall

Dark Matter definitely needs a new firewall. Maybe he'll start working on that as soon as the incident finishes.

But, yeah...I feel sorry for poor Beetle 05. He just isn't getting a break here...

May 20, 2013 7:40 PM

Mar 2012
I'm at NT 5 now. Seriously I like NT 4 format and even thought as always I'm still confused since I'm dumb the battle royal is awesome. Really looking forward to catch up to NT 7.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 20, 2013 9:44 PM

Aug 2008
Holy crap all the Level 5s are in one place! Well there's one faker but who cares! WOW

May 20, 2013 9:51 PM

Feb 2009
>part 5
Goddammit Kamachi. Stop this right now. I can't take any more of this awesomeness.

And is that really the #6 or not? The previous statement says he hasn't use the powers of #6 yet but Misaki says he's only pretending to be him. Which is it?

Not all of them are present as Beetle #5 is still out of commission but it's only a matter of time. Goddammit again Kamachi. KAMACHIII!!!
May 20, 2013 9:55 PM

Aug 2008
belatkuro said:

Not all of them are present as Beetle #5 is still out of commission but it's only a matter of time. Goddammit again Kamachi. KAMACHIII!!!

Even so Beetle is still in the area

May 20, 2013 9:58 PM

Feb 2009
Yeah I know that. That's why I said it's only a matter of time. I saw the spoilers and the illustrations and he'll show up eventually.
May 20, 2013 10:19 PM
Mar 2013
belatkuro said:
>part 5
Goddammit Kamachi. Stop this right now. I can't take any more of this awesomeness.

And is that really the #6 or not? The previous statement says he hasn't use the powers of #6 yet but Misaki says he's only pretending to be him. Which is it?

Probably not the #6... the #2 is on the other side of the museum so yeah he's technically there too. Did you hear what Misaki said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lollllllllll she totally digs Touma. :) :D :D :D

BTW: Accelerator was great. Loved that: I'm not the protagonist here.

But I am kind of sad... Touma still didn't meet the others then...

Also, wouldn't Mikoto and Meltdowner not be on the best of terms... lolz

And they were all hilarious. Sogita finally had a role, whether it was tiny.

I like the fact that it is Misaki's garden, lolz even though I think someone said this earlier...

Sad thing is: Touma's still #1... I wanted Touma to meet the rest of them though... we'll have to wait for later... This was literally a dream come true scene. :)
May 20, 2013 10:22 PM

Mar 2012
Part 5-ALL of the Level 5s gathered in one freaking place. This almost feels like a final boss fight where everyone stays back to fight the underlings while the main protagonist goes off to fight the final boss.

This part oozed pure awesome.

Here is some fanart relating to this volume:
Ashen_MikoMay 20, 2013 10:33 PM

May 20, 2013 10:39 PM

Feb 2009
dniv said:
Probably not the #6... the #2 is on the other side of the museum so yeah he's technically there too. Did you hear what Misaki said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lollllllllll she totally digs Touma. :) :D :D :D

I like the fact that it is Misaki's garden, lolz even though I think someone said this earlier...

Sad thing is: Touma's still #1... I wanted Touma to meet the rest of them though... we'll have to wait for later... This was literally a dream come true scene. :)
I can already imagine Misaki ordering people to give Touma a beating for abandoning her at the Garden and then she'll tease her and give her some loving herself. Goddammit what the hell am I thinking. Give me some doujins nao!

Accelerator is such a boss in his entrance. And his talk with Touma is literally a page out of a final battle development where the protagonist goes to the boss and he's off to hold the line. Kamachi sure is playing his tropes well.

Mugino literally ignored Touma's existence. Guess they're not joining his harem...yet ;)

Mugino mellowed down a bit so even if she and Misaka met, they probably won't go at each other.

Gunha and his priorities. He's not there to save the loli. He's there to prevent a forest fire and protect the trees. I want a spinoff manga of him. Though that will probably just be him shouting GUTS every page so probably not.

With him and Kakine meeting up later, Touma will have met and/or be acquainted with half of the Level 5s. He'll meet all of them sooner or later. I suspect Touma and Gunha will become the best of friends.

EDIT:
CreationBreaker said:
DAT ASS
belatkuroMay 20, 2013 10:43 PM
May 20, 2013 11:02 PM
Mar 2013
belatkuro said:
dniv said:

I can already imagine Misaki ordering people to give Touma a beating for abandoning her at the Garden and then she'll tease her and give her some loving herself. Goddammit what the hell am I thinking. Give me some doujins nao!

Accelerator is such a boss in his entrance. And his talk with Touma is literally a page out of a final battle development where the protagonist goes to the boss and he's off to hold the line. Kamachi sure is playing his tropes well.

Mugino literally ignored Touma's existence. Guess they're not joining his harem...yet ;)

Mugino mellowed down a bit so even if she and Misaka met, they probably won't go at each other.

Gunha and his priorities. He's not there to save the loli. He's there to prevent a forest fire and protect the trees. I want a spinoff manga of him. Though that will probably just be him shouting GUTS every page so probably not.

With him and Kakine meeting up later, Touma will have met and/or be acquainted with half of the Level 5s. He'll meet all of them sooner or later. I suspect Touma and Gunha will become the best of friends.

EDIT:
CreationBreaker said:
DAT ASS

Sogita+ Gunha best of friends :) oh yeah!! But Gunha is positive and Touma is negative lolz... Guts vs. misfortune :) So wait... Agitate Halation is affecting Touma, but Hamazura telling him to save Fremea is doing otherwise... then Gunha is just invincible to any type of hero changing thing ;)

No I mean meltdowner is Hamazura's harem, we can't have them hurt each others harems... I wonder how Misaka reacts when she learns eventually that Touma and Accelerator are on pretty decent terms and you could even say decent friends, maybe even good friends. After all Accelerator's two best and probably only two friends (who aren't looking out for him in a guardian way) are Touma and Hamazura... wow... if you think about that... I'm sure Mikoto wouldn't quite like that... would she?

Shokuhou amuses me: directing all attacks at Misaka *cough* *smile*

That fanart BTW is boss. That really looks extremely well done.

But... I have a suspicion that the zoo-keeper was something set up just like that cellphone for Touma... because it seems a little out of place if you ask me... he just so happened to have the algorithm to hack the network and see the security cameras... in part 4.... right... of course not!!! There are no coincidences (except Gunha lol)... and that's not coincidence, that's just real heroism showing up at the right scene...

So if the rest of them learn of Touma beating up Yakumi, I'm pretty sure that they will all have some pretty major respect for him. Things are looking up for Touma, once and for all lolz. It also makes sense that it is Misaki and not Misaka who knows the identity of the #6...

What did Rensa mean, that she could use Misaki's power earlier to pick up the remnants of what happened? That sounds suspisciously like Kakine? In fact it sounds, like that's a good enough reason to bring back memories... At this point, I am sure they were childhood friends, not just aquaintances.... she's not like that to anyone else, that I'm sure about lolz.

BTW I think the next railgun chapter, 60 comes out on the 25th, so we'll have 2 chapters... after this is finished being translated. Heaven is bliss! :)

At this point, Kamachi has surpassed all expectations :) This volume is a 11/10. If the last novel of NT is 10 times more epic than this... than what exactly could be its content................................ lol..............
I like the fact that Accelerator is still way more powerful than everyone else...

For sure, the volume was much better than the spoilers, I have an idea of what happened last time with the last spoilers... Everything still worked out ;).

If Kamachi can top this (which he probably will), I will be in the best mood for a person to probably be in ever lolz... cause after reading that I already am :D

Misaki was there in person obviously because she wasn't wearing a sailor suit. Hmm... he still hasn't seen her face to face except that one time at Daihasesai...

And I actually want to see Toaru Kagaku no Mental Out! :)
dnivMay 21, 2013 1:18 AM
May 20, 2013 11:16 PM

Dec 2011
>Someone else said, “Is this the #6!? But even a Level 5 is still human!!”

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG FINALLY YEESSSS

>Academy City’s #5, Shokuhou Misaki, looked puzzled as she placed a hand above her eyes.

“Oh? It looks like someone is using their acting ability to play the role of the #6.”

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
May 20, 2013 11:28 PM
Mar 2013
RedShadoww said:

>Academy City’s #5, Shokuhou Misaki, looked puzzled as she placed a hand above her eyes.

“Oh? It looks like someone is using their acting ability to play the role of the #6.”

Hey but maybe the name Aihana Etsu is real. We heard actually from Yakumi that Aihana Etsu is being treated in her hospital every day... so maybe the real #6 is there, being treated every day, but at least Misaki knows him. I'm guessing it's a guy, because she doesn't say something like the #6 is a girl... but it might be... damnnit!!!!!!!!

Actually, I am sure that the real #6 is called aihana Etsu and is with Yakumi at the moment and is the one main patient at her hospital.

The way I concluded this? Well... :) The guy who called himself Aihana Etsu had Slender arms, but Rensa nicknamed Aihana Etsu, the fat guy who definitely didn't have slender arms (you can tell this by looking at the previous chapter or the one before that don't remember which one). This means that the real #6 is called Aihana Etsu and is in her hospital. I say this because Misaki is referring to that guy acting as the #6... and he calls himself Aihana Etsu. But since he isn't Aihana Etsu, cause he's thin-armed, that means he's not Aihana Etsu. He would only lie about his name and be criticized as pretending to be the #6 iff the #6 was called Aiahan Etsu, right ;).

So I'm guessing #6 is Aihana Etsu and is her full-time patient in that hospital. He's fat... hmm...

“Well, someone pretending to be the #6 has no connection ability to me"

Misaki do you know the #6 personally? Closely? This is implied? Since #6 is already out of the picture in the railgun manga, maybe she knows him from when they were little and maybe Touma knows him too then...

Hey! Wait a minute! If Touma was so sad he was single at the beginning of LN 1... how come Misaki was already presumably this into him then...? If Touma already had Misaki liking him then... and he called himself single/girl-less/ and was suffering from this in volume 1, then he is just a whiner. I mean Misaki is probably older than Mikoto right, probably at least 15 right? I mean seriously... Touma needs to be less dense around girls...

BTW:
Last thing. I know I said earlier that Railgun S is an amazing season probably a 10/10.

Compare animation of this to animation of Railgun S.

Railgun S=10/10
NT 7= 100/10.
lol
dnivMay 21, 2013 2:52 AM
May 21, 2013 4:09 AM

Aug 2009
RedShadoww said:

That's exactly how I feel.
May 21, 2013 6:35 AM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
RedShadoww said:

Yep. Kamachi trolled us. But can you say you really didn't expect it?

May 21, 2013 6:51 AM
Mar 2013
CreationBreaker said:
ssjokg said:
RedShadoww said:

Yep. Kamachi trolled us. But can you say you really didn't expect it?

Just wondering... but I really think I make a convincing argument that Aihana Etsu is the guy in the hospital and is the real #6...

Did I make a mistake...?

Also, if Yakumi is that strong, why doesn't she just assassinate Crowley now?

They didn't mention the #6 being in her hospital, but. They mentioned Aihana Etsu who was the "fat guy".

They guy pretending to be the #6 in section 5 had "thin arms" and was presumably not fat. So he's obviously not Aihana Etsu.

Since he's not Aihana Etsu, why else would he call himself Aihana Etsu unless the real #6 was called Aihana Etsu and was therefore the patient in yakumi's hospital, that one patient that is always there? That makes perfect sense. I don't think I made any mistakes!

This was just an obscure hint: that's all. I'm sure people know the #6's name, so he wouldn't be pretending to be the #6 unless #6 was called Aihana Etsu in the first place...
dnivMay 21, 2013 7:03 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Volume 9 Discussion. ( 1 2 3 )

ssjokg - Dec 10, 2013

114 by 2-2Distracted »»
Mar 3, 8:05 PM

» New Testament anime: Who should be performing the new OP?

khoisharky - Oct 5, 2023

1 by ShadowBreaker5 »»
Oct 6, 2023 5:36 AM

» Volume 8 Discussion

belatkuro - Aug 26, 2013

36 by FragmantLemon »»
Aug 9, 2022 9:35 AM

» Touma's Harem?

greed2 - Oct 14, 2014

17 by TAMNI-GT »»
Jun 8, 2022 12:38 PM

» Chapter Count?

cur_sed - Apr 18, 2022

2 by cur_sed »»
May 3, 2022 6:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.