Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 13, 2008 8:50 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
was about to say 'woah Lancer + Gilgamesh.. Saber & Shirou's in deep shit' but phew.. Lancer ):

May 3, 2009 6:02 AM

Jan 2009
Saber at the start was kinda cute. And I totally forgotten bout Rin and Ilya in the past few episodes coz gilgamesh is just plain win, and lancer was kinda um insignificant too, but ah well he made for a good sacrifice. Last 2 episodes!
Jul 15, 2009 12:44 PM

Oct 2008
I had that feeling..

I was hoping my unreasonable judgement is wrong yet it wasn't. How depressing..

Now, I feel that the story is heading in a meaningless direction..

The ending will no doubt be a depressing one, no matter how you look at it.

Aug 11, 2009 7:06 AM

Jul 2008
The Holy Grail is bad, it kills many people. And Shirou's pops was a good guy.
Oct 1, 2009 7:05 AM

Jul 2009
So everything comes to light now with Shirou's fater, gilgamesh and his master/partner.
Oct 4, 2009 4:24 PM

Aug 2009
HOLY COW SABER SAID THAT SHIROU IS MORE IMPORTANT TO HER THAN THE HOLY GRAIL IS THIS NOT THE ENDING OF THE CONTIUATION OF THE BEGINNING OF LOVE THAT HAPPENED ONLY SEVERAL EPISODES AGO AS PREVIOUSLY EXPECTED???!

*cough* anywho, I'm curious as to how this show is going to end

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Nov 1, 2009 2:25 PM
Jul 2009
I completely saw that coming. I knew from the start that gilgamesh was that man from the church's servant. Btw, I felt bad for lancer. :(
Nov 19, 2009 10:34 PM

Jan 2009
Lancer was a hero from the beginning.
I'm glad he showed some humanity and to save Shirou and Saber.

I really hope Saber stays with Shirou. A happy ending to this show would be wonderful.

Jan 5, 2010 11:04 PM

Aug 2008
Damn.... quite a crazy epi... never expected that of Shirou... So then he's not a complete wuss... but he's helped by the little fact that he has the almighty Scabbard of Excalibur within him! xD... Oh really never expected such thing.... Well that retty much show us that Kiritsugu was a good guy and wanted to save someone... or make a way to save the humanity or whatever he wanted to save....

The point is that the Holy Grail is not... well... Holy XD... It's a Cursed and Damned thing that sweep the life of everything and everyone around it.... Such a ... Weapon.... Well Kirei actually named it a weapon... and so it is.... A Cursed Weapon.... Definitely the best decision is Shirou's.... Destroy that shit.... YEH!!! GO And destroy that Cursed thing!!! GO Shirou!!! GOOOOO SABER!!!

Kira01 I didn't some stuff you just said..... but everything is right! Damn... Kirei is a the bastard now... And Gilgamesh is definitely the best Servant that ever existed.... He can easily defeat Saber too... and so he defeated Lancer easily... that's too much for such power.... Gilgamesh will be a tough cookie to munch... I hope Saber + Shirou + maybe Rin can defeat that guy.... Thou he's cool and awesome... XD Gilgamesh the Walking Coolness xD

Awww.... Saber has fallen for Shirou too.... Crap.... I guess this Anime won't get a Happy Ending in any way possible!

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2010 4:40 AM

Nov 2009
Is it just me or does the church guy look similiar to emiya's father? x.x
I thought lancer had a really cool ability at the start of the show...its a shame he died so easily T_T
Feb 20, 2010 2:20 AM

Sep 2009
I just thought about this, but didn't Emiya tell Saber not to call him "master"?

Nice episode. Glad Lancer helped out in the end.
Sep 24, 2010 2:41 PM
Jul 2010
Great episode. I feel bad for Lancer even though he stayed behind more for himself and his pride than for Shirou and Saber. Anyway, he was pretty cool and I was mad at Kirei for being such a disgusting guy, deceiving Lancer and having been responsible for the fire in the last grail war. Damn him, he still wanted to summon the grail anyway!

Shirou said some nice stuff right there as well as Saber. It's also nice to finally know the reason the guy is pretty much immortal. I had been annoyed by that fact throughout the show and as so, I'm really glad they explained it.

The preview seemed really nice, I want to see a proper fight between Saber and Gilgamesh (you see, not so one-sided as the last one). Well, seems like I'm gonna finish this anime tomorrow. It has been great until now.
hontobakaSep 26, 2010 10:48 AM
Dec 28, 2010 12:42 PM

Jul 2010
Some pretty big revelations. It's nice that Lancer was among the more heroic souls. Really is a shame he got killed just like that.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of enormous power-up Saber's gonna receive if she's to take on Gilgamesh. 2 more to go...
Feb 21, 2011 9:43 AM
Nov 2010
this turned out to be a FMAish twist about the Philosoph... sorry the Holy Grail. I like it. The lancer part was rushed but hey, they had to leave Saber+the other dude alone for a while so they decide what do to.
Sep 24, 2011 8:33 AM

Aug 2011
ew gross he kissed Saber -_____-
Oct 2, 2011 8:24 PM

Sep 2011
FlynnxGuy said:
ew gross he kissed Saber -_____-
Either you're 10 years old or gay...
Jun 29, 2012 10:33 PM

Jun 2012
Im curious of how this series is going to end...

i really hate how Lancer was absent most of the series and right when he came back BAM he was killed. That was BS.

Where the hell has rin been these past few episodes?? Sure she was there for a few seconds but other than that NOTHING!!
AHH
Jun 29, 2012 10:54 PM

Aug 2010
foxprincess1344 said:
Im curious of how this series is going to end...

i really hate how Lancer was absent most of the series and right when he came back BAM he was killed. That was BS.

Where the hell has rin been these past few episodes?? Sure she was there for a few seconds but other than that NOTHING!!
AHH

The anime follows the Fate route. The Fate route is mainly about Shirou and Saber. Rin isn't that important in it. If you like Rin then you should play the VN. She gets more then enough screen time in it. The second most after the main protagonist Shirou.
Jun 30, 2012 10:08 AM

Jun 2012
Ok thanks :) I'll have to look into it
Jun 30, 2012 10:45 AM
Dec 2007
foxprincess1344 said:
Ok thanks :) I'll have to look into it
Watch the Unlimited Blade Works route and to an extent Heaven's Feel. Both of them have to do with either Rin as a love interest or Rin and her family. Fate route is all Saber x Shirou and kinda forgets most else. And no, don't watch the crappy movie, it glosses over all the important plot and character growth in the actual movie and just goes directly to fights fights fights.

Also, if what you want to see is Rin's magic powers in action, Heaven's Feel gives you that.

Oct 20, 2012 5:29 PM

Jul 2012
What a shame Lancer we awaited your arrival then you decided to get yourself killed. You could have teamed up with Gilgamesh and became an unstopable duo but whatever your dead to me.

Lol romance when you should be getting ready to fight okk
Dec 5, 2012 2:28 PM

May 2012
Damn Lancer is gone :/ Saber is now the last servant alive? That means the grail will appear next right? Well the plot is coming to a finish, lets see what's next!
Feb 26, 2013 11:55 PM

Jul 2008
Saber finally realizes the meaning behind Kiritsugu's actions. Took her long enough to come to these realizations. All that's left is a Goldilocks ass kicking.
Mar 5, 2013 11:22 AM

Jan 2012
Lancer sure got beaten quick.

Mar 7, 2013 6:00 AM

Aug 2009
ownosourus said:
Lancer sure got beaten quick.
Yeah only after TWELVE HOURS of battle.
Jun 13, 2013 11:31 AM

Nov 2012
ahh kirei, he is so annoying.. -_-
and finally saber decided to live with master shirou hmm? nice nice nice XD

btw that moment when seeing lancer fighting gilgamesh XD
ahh cant wait for next episode :3
Sep 8, 2013 8:19 AM

Oct 2012
Why they suddenly hate Holy Grail and thinks it is filthy, I don't get it.. because Kotomine touched it and destroyed the city with it 10 years ago and said it? (I know the real reason but I don't see it in anime) (their hate for Holy Grail should come from the situation way further when it materializes and they see it for what it is). But hell, they mixed Fate na HF again, Kotomine didn't said this in first route. They are really using things as it suits them and I am really almost getting lost.
May 17, 2014 10:23 PM
Jun 2013
seeing saber sky gazing was kinda cute.Im not shocked the grail does something crappy exchanged for a wish since well usally wish stuff in media tends to have some sort of price.Maybe lancer should have stabbed mr gold in the back cause as we saw he was no match at all for him.
May 18, 2014 4:48 AM

Aug 2009
souledge94 said:
seeing saber sky gazing was kinda cute.Im not shocked the grail does something crappy exchanged for a wish since well usally wish stuff in media tends to have some sort of price.Maybe lancer should have stabbed mr gold in the back cause as we saw he was no match at all for him.
It true that Lancer wouldnt be able to defeat Gil, but in the VN the fight lasted for half a day.
The anime sucks...
May 18, 2014 7:51 AM
Jun 2013
ssjokg said:
souledge94 said:
It true that Lancer wouldnt be able to defeat Gil, but in the VN the fight lasted for half a day.
The anime sucks...

So you wanted them to drag the fight on ala dbz style?
May 18, 2014 8:04 AM

Aug 2009
souledge94 said:
ssjokg said:
souledge94 said:
The anime sucks...

No.Just like Archer vs Berserker, the fight was off screen, but unlike Archer we dont get to see Lancer's awesomeness.
Funny that both the fight of Archer and Lancer in the VN are complete mystery, but in the anime Archer became badass and Lancer turned to be the lamest Servant.
May 18, 2014 9:10 AM
Jun 2013
ssjokg said:
souledge94 said:
ssjokg said:
souledge94 said:
The anime sucks...

No.Just like Archer vs Berserker, the fight was off screen, but unlike Archer we dont get to see Lancer's awesomeness.
Funny that both the fight of Archer and Lancer in the VN are complete mystery, but in the anime Archer became badass and Lancer turned to be the lamest Servant.

Maybe its cause he hangs around the main characters so they decided to give him a little more.
May 18, 2014 9:21 AM

Aug 2009
He is around the MCs in the VN as well.

I dont expect to find some logic in the decisions of the studio(Sakura arc,Saber vs Gil in ep1,Dragons,Lancer's death,Berserker taking damage from Archer's twin swords,and some other things after this ep)
May 18, 2014 9:43 AM

Jul 2007
souledge94 said:
ssjokg said:
souledge94 said:
ssjokg said:
souledge94 said:
The anime sucks...

Maybe its cause he hangs around the main characters so they decided to give him a little more.

Which would still not explain why they decided to screw over Lancer AND to take away badassery from half the main cast(including the lead).

The only possible answer is that whoever wrote this adaptation seems to have had absolutely no interest in anyone but Archer, which resulted in most of stuff regarding the lead cast and other servants being cut(considering this adaptation did not even bother explaining how Shirou's magic works(or how magic overall works), nor properly showcase the level of power an average magus has, nor explain how Shirou's mind works or why Kotomine found him interesting).
Sep 11, 2014 3:57 AM

Mar 2012
Wow, Shirou revived again *facepalm*
Oct 5, 2014 5:35 AM
Mar 2012
I liked Gilgamesh's subtle "I wish you WOULD do something" glance at Lancer while Kirei was explaining the grail to Shirou and Saber.
Feb 25, 2015 3:19 AM

Apr 2013
Hm the characters I'm most interested in always get the least screentime :( Lancer was there for what, 4 episodes?
Apr 25, 2016 10:30 PM

Mar 2014
Maiden-in-love ~ !!
The Summoning of the Holy Grail . The Pride of the Heroic Souls .
VERY GREAT EPISODE . Source and Revelation .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2016 7:32 PM

Nov 2013
It's good, that Lancer refused to further work with Komine and Gigadouche.

Too bad, that he was no match for Gigadouche.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jul 12, 2017 12:05 AM

Dec 2015
Good, a nice revelation with the real effect of the "life-sucking" Grail. At the opposite, we have the gloomy priest revealed as a shadow puppeteer... well, sorry, but it was obvious fr`m the beginning. And he had too much the face for the work.

The hero starting with stubbornness and great ideals and finishing a bit less stubborn but super egoist is kind of a letdown.

3.5-/5
Oct 31, 2017 7:26 AM

Aug 2015
Lancr goes missing for like 20 chapters and then comes back just to immediately die. Might be the most useless character in any show I've ever watched.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓☆ふわふわる▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ふわふわり☆▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      BE KAWAII         
Dec 2, 2017 5:38 AM

Oct 2014
Why are you showing your Excalibur to everyone Saber? invisible air has a reason for existing.
Dec 10, 2017 8:40 PM

Sep 2013
It's all I can do to stay awake throughout this exposition fest...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 12, 2019 1:45 PM
Jul 2018
Well, this ep was a giant info-dump ... that's all really.

Also Lancer was a bro.
Jun 9, 2019 8:39 AM

Dec 2018
If Holy Grail is to destroy anyone beside the wisher in the vicinity that doesn't explain why his Shirou is still alive.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 23, 2019 9:37 PM
Dec 2017
epic........🙂
Nov 8, 2019 1:06 PM

Dec 2014
Lancer also dies...seems like archers back story was not studied on
Jan 4, 2020 6:28 PM
Jul 2016
Wait, correct me if I'm wrong, but... Did Shirou never want to wish the fire didn't happen simply because he thought his "character development" was more important than tons of people's lives?
The concept of finding value in mourning and not dwelling on the past is a good moral if you can't change what happened (for example, people dying in real life). But in this show, where he has (or at least temporarily believes he has) the opportunity to save people, but chooses not to for that reason, it's just freakishly selfish.
Jan 4, 2020 6:49 PM

Nov 2015
Minona said:
Wait, correct me if I'm wrong, but... Did Shirou never want to wish the fire didn't happen simply because he thought his "character development" was more important than tons of people's lives?
The concept of finding value in mourning and not dwelling on the past is a good moral if you can't change what happened (for example, people dying in real life). But in this show, where he has (or at least temporarily believes he has) the opportunity to save people, but chooses not to for that reason, it's just freakishly selfish.

they're dead, how is it selfish, they are not going to send him an angry letter over it.
Dec 1, 2020 12:33 AM

Dec 2018
I'm having such a hard time finishing this series. It seems meaningless to me now.
Not to mention at lot of things don't add up *sigh*
I'm glad I watched Fate/Zero before watching Fate/Stay night
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Order

Shadow__-Monarch - May 4

23 by Alexioos95 »»
May 7, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TuzoAnime - Jun 16, 2008

83 by FedeMetal »»
May 5, 6:50 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DaBigD - Oct 3, 2008

137 by FedeMetal »»
May 1, 6:08 PM

» VN fan are annoying as Hell

chevalierkraken - Apr 23

30 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 27, 10:20 AM

» Why do people consider 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime bad?

zckfox - May 13, 2023

45 by chevalierkraken »»
Apr 25, 10:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.