Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 13, 2008 7:23 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL.. I didn't expect that Shirou's father would be Saber's ex-Master.

Dec 21, 2008 9:14 AM

Jun 2008
I kinda expected it. :D Oh well, nice ep.
Dec 26, 2008 12:34 PM

May 2007
I kind of knew it already :P I hope that they have planned enough content to fill those five episodes.
Jan 1, 2009 11:35 AM

Aug 2008
In the end, Caster was pretty much wtf pwned! Expected a bit more of her. So Shirou's father actually started the fire by destroying the grail? I'm not sure since the city was in flames already when Saber and the Archer fought.

btw, is Sakura a sister of Rin gave to foster care or what?
Jan 1, 2009 12:05 PM

Dec 2008
Kvakond said:
In the end, Caster was pretty much wtf pwned! Expected a bit more of her. So Shirou's father actually started the fire by destroying the grail? I'm not sure since the city was in flames already when Saber and the Archer fought.

Yes thats true.
Rin wanted to protect her from the Holy Grail war,so send her away.
But I don't really know to which person she was sent.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2009 4:44 PM

Dec 2008
Rin seemed to recover pretty nicely from that stab considering she had used all of her crystals to attack. I suppose we can assume Saber healed her.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Mar 24, 2009 8:09 AM

Oct 2008
It's finally Emiya Shirou's turn to say something of sense to Saber "If you want to change who you are, then do something to change it now instead of going back to the past". That statement made quite an impact on me.

Instead of she saying something to him whenever he says something naive like "wanting to become an ally of justice like his dad". Also, Shirou's ideals and idealized vision of his adopted dad has finally been shattered.

How come no one else mentioned the incomplete Red Car that was going downhill at 20:22 in the episode? A victim of animation priorities. The battle scenes and other scenes were pretty good though.
May 1, 2009 10:48 AM

Jan 2009
Hm that eighth servant seems to be able to produce noble phantasms too. Shirou might be the one to face him in the end. Hope the last 5 episodes are gonna be nice
Jun 1, 2009 7:03 PM

Feb 2009
TYSM said:
"If you want to change who you are, then do something to change it now instead of going back to the past". That statement made quite an impact on me. other scenes were pretty good though.

This is all i can say ;)
Jul 15, 2009 10:13 AM

Oct 2008
Wasn't expecting that..

Aug 6, 2009 6:19 AM

Jul 2008
Alright, a super powerful enemy whose power far eclipses 9000 emerges out of nowhere. There was a little suspense in the end however that was kinda nice, but I didn't really like the episode.
Aug 6, 2009 6:26 AM

Apr 2008
Kvakond said:

Shirou's father didn't start the fire. The big bad of the series did...

Also Sakura is Rin's sister. They both knew it but she was given to Sinji's grandfather at a young age.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Sep 30, 2009 2:30 PM

Jul 2009
Am I the only one who think the new Archer looks awesome? XD. He pwned Caster so he gets kudos from me. lol
Nov 17, 2009 10:35 PM

Jan 2009
Kinda sucked that Caster and the teacher went down so easily!
The eight servant is gonna be tough to kill!

Dec 12, 2009 10:54 PM

Aug 2008
Okay I'm confused.... Archer is Archer as the Archer Ms. Rin controlled?... No it's not the same... they might like similar, but man that's not the Archer we knew as Rin's Servant... First of all... This guy looks blodier.... and is more arrogant than Rin's Archer... Oh well...

the first part of the episode was good... Especially when Saber defeated Assassin alias Sasaki Koujiro.... Oh man she was so awesome, evading all those slashes and in the end defeating the guy with a single swing of her Holy sword.... all against the Special move of Assassin Hisei, Tsubame Gaeshi... WOW Saber is so awesome!!

And then we saw that Witch enjoying the pain and suffering of Sakura and Rin.. bastard... Too good Shirou fell from the sky and distracted Caster alias Medea, and in then end provoked her death... I thought she would die in a more... um... um... dramtic... not the word... her death was dramatic... hmmm.... In a more gruesome way... but... Our dear Archer the Second, alias Gilgamesh, really did it,,, never expected such guy to show up so suddenly... and easily kill a Servant too!! Sigh... I wonder if Shirou and co. will be able to take the Holy Grail in their hands...

And the last third was really interesting.... Reviewing Saber's past was really interesting... I definitely liked what Shirou said to her... After all you can progress if you keep on looking back man!! He's so right.... Kirisugi was the previous Master of Saber? Ah yeh... I knew it... kinda felt it,... Well and it makes sense too!! If not then how the flying pan was possible that the guy (Shirou) was able to summon Saber huh? there has to be some reason... and that one is good enough for me :P

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2009 8:04 AM

Jun 2009
Fabienne said:
Kvakond said:

Yes thats true.
Rin wanted to protect her from the Holy Grail war,so send her away.
But I don't really know to which person she was sent.

I thought she was Shinji's sister

the battle are non-sensical and boring. The adversaries are always defeated out of some kind of magic or god knows what super power. It's become almost a pain to watch.
I don't even understand about that non-sense of there being 8 servants. we have seen 5 only so far - so why would they assume there is an 8th.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
Zach-chanMar 6, 2022 12:36 PM
Jan 23, 2010 10:40 PM

Nov 2009
meneope said:
the battle are non-sensical and boring. The adversaries are always defeated out of some kind of magic or god knows what super power. It's become almost a pain to watch.
I don't even understand about that non-sense of there being 8 servants. we have seen 5 only so far - so why would they assume there is an 8th.

We've seen lancer, assassin, rider, saber, berserker, caster and archer thats already 7 and that golden archer just appeared (8th servant) >.> i guess you haven't really been paying attention =\
Feb 18, 2010 5:27 AM
Jan 2010
Lancer just kinda disappeared from this series after the first or so episode. Also, Ilya disappeared.
Feb 20, 2010 12:51 AM

Sep 2009
TYSM said:
How come no one else mentioned the incomplete Red Car that was going downhill at 20:22 in the episode? A victim of animation priorities. The battle scenes and other scenes were pretty good though.

I noticed something weird about that car but I was too lazy to go back and look at it in detail.

Seems like Saber calmed her emotions around Emiya, but it could just be because of the situation they were in.
Jun 3, 2010 1:09 PM
Jul 2018
Guys where's Lancer? Is he dead or what?
Sep 24, 2010 12:16 AM
Jul 2010
realmruler1 said:
Guys where's Lancer? Is he dead or what?

What I really want to know is who Lancer's master is.

Anyway, I loved this episode, it had quite a few revelations. At least this time they didn't get the numbers wrong and gave an explanation for the eight servant's appearance. I am still hoping that the church guy explains it a little more though.
Dec 18, 2010 12:31 PM

Feb 2010
Divine_Judgement said:
Lancer just kinda disappeared from this series after the first or so episode. Also, Ilya disappeared.

Yeah, I've been wondering where the hell Lancer was, too. Been expecting him to appear out of nowhere and kill someone... Oh, wait, the Golden Archer did that (in a very Deus ex machina way, too).
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Dec 27, 2010 10:42 AM

Jul 2010
Yeah, golden Archer was pretty annoyingly deus ex machina. But apart from that this episode was awesome. Saber vs Assassin panned out very nicely, and she defeated his super attack in one blow. Pretty badass.

Then there's a ton of backstory--it wasn't too surprising that Shirou's dad was Saber's previous master, but I wonder why he made her destroy the Grail. Also I'm glad that Shirou delivered a really nice line. Sure, he's still the super typical shounen main, but he's advanced quite a lot from his former whiny-ass self.

I'm hoping Lancer makes a return some time soon, but that's rather unlikely I suppose. Wonder where this show's gonna go in 5 episodes.
Feb 14, 2011 11:53 AM

Aug 2010
I had my thoughts about Shirou's father being the former master of Saber but destroying the Holy Grail...
Oct 12, 2011 6:35 PM
Jul 2009
Not yet another convenient super power from nowhere that saves the day... C'mon, it can't seriously happen in every fight, can it?
There is no point in even caring about the battles. Either the enemy retreats and lets Shirou and Saber recover, or as I said, they are saved by a ultra super mega death power.

Dusk252 said:
realmruler1 said:Guys where's Lancer? Is he dead or what?

What I really want to know is who Lancer's master is.

I guess it's a kid from their school, as all other masters seem to be. :-|

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
Zach-chanMar 6, 2022 12:37 PM
Oct 22, 2011 9:59 AM

Jun 2009
Kiritsugu did what?! O.o Caster's death was pretty sad. :(
Now that I read some commets, I realized that I completely had forgotten about Lancer.
Oct 23, 2011 4:16 PM
Mar 2010
I expected Caster to be a bit stronger but it was nice to see the servant looking out for the master like shirou does for Saber.

Golden archer? That guy looks insanely powerful though.
I guess Saber's previous master makes sense seeing as he was in the same place as Shirou but destroying the Grail, didn't see that coming...
Nov 14, 2011 6:58 PM

Jun 2009
What a shitty adaptation.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 29, 2012 7:05 PM

Feb 2012
How did the Grail appear if both Archer and Saber still remained? That had to be better explained in the VN.
Mar 2, 2012 9:53 PM

Jun 2009
Hakuromatsu said:
How did the Grail appear if both Archer and Saber still remained? That had to be better explained in the VN.

It's simple, Gilgamesh isn't an actual real participant in this war. He was able to stay around because of the events of the previous Holy Grail war. Since, Saber was the only one left of 7 actual participants the Grail was summoned. At least, from what I remember that's how it is.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 2, 2012 10:01 PM

Feb 2012
insan3soldiern said:
Hakuromatsu said:

It's simple, Gilgamesh isn't an actual real participant in this war. He was able to stay around because of the events of the previous Holy Grail war. Since, Saber was the only one left of 7 actual participants the Grail was summoned. At least, from what I remember that's how it is.

I was talking about it appearing at the end of the last War -- 10 years ago -- when Gilgamesh and Saber were both participants. But anyway, it was somewhat explained in the last five episodes.
Jun 15, 2012 11:27 AM
May 2012
Quite surprising this episode. Although they've used a bad deux ex machina trick, but it worked fine right now.
Jun 15, 2012 11:44 AM
Dec 2007
Hakuromatsu said:
insan3soldiern said:
Hakuromatsu said:

I was talking about it appearing at the end of the last War -- 10 years ago -- when Gilgamesh and Saber were both participants. But anyway, it was somewhat explained in the last five episodes.
The Grail doesn't need all six servants dead though this isn't properly explained in the Fate route which is what DEEN adapted. It really depends on the strenght of the servants defeated and all that... in a particular route in Stay Night the Grail appears even though Saber, Rider and Assassin were all still active and Archer's energy wasn't available for it (because someone else too it). The Grail appaears automatically in around 15 days after all seven servants are summonned and you can make a wish once there's enough energy in it (for a do-anything Grail you need all six and to open the Portal to the Root you need all seven).

Jun 29, 2012 7:57 PM

Jun 2012
I still want to know where Lancer went.... he like doesnt exist anymore.

It suprised me to find out Saber was Shiros fathers servent as well, also that he made her destroy the holy grail! thats crazy!!! she was probably pretty angry.

It was weird how Caster died. I mean she seemed like such a powerful servent i expected alot more to happen with her but nope she just died.
Aug 24, 2012 6:39 AM

Nov 2011
Lancer was prob just pwned by some other servant while we weren't looking D=.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 17, 2012 11:05 AM
Jan 2012
Lame episode, as usual.

And Kirei sure got ugly after 10 years. "Golden Archer" is looking like a child, what a weird face.
Oct 20, 2012 10:46 AM

Jul 2012
The boss gilgamesh made is appearance
Also loved how caster's master was just standing there lol as she died
Amon-RawOct 20, 2012 1:40 PM
Dec 5, 2012 12:43 PM

May 2012
Great story in this episode really nice development and damn we've got to see Gilgamesh again :D He's so epic with all his swords! But damn I do hope Sakura will be fine!
Jan 27, 2013 7:35 AM
Aug 2011
Finally, a GUN! I knew Kiritsigu (name was this, right?) was a reasonable man. Also, I really want to see the last master, lancer no master. We didn't see him/her yet. I would love to see that Kiritsigu guy fight.

Also, what is with the Elven eyes of Caster? I thought she was an Arabic Princess.
AdramelechJan 27, 2013 7:51 AM
Feb 26, 2013 12:26 AM

Jul 2008
Here's the question you need to ask, what is the holy grail?

And I guess Saber really did forget his name.
Mar 1, 2013 12:51 PM
Feb 2013
Well...I guess they just spoiled the whole Fate/Zero ending '-.-
Check out my Blog on Wordpress: http://korisanime.wordpress.com/
Mar 5, 2013 9:52 AM

Jan 2012
What a load of crap. How could Saber not know who Gilgamesh is, when everyone in Zero knew. I start to think they didn't bother to even look at Fate/Stay night when they did Fate/Zero.

Mar 7, 2013 5:43 AM

Aug 2009
ownosourus said:
What a load of crap. How could Saber not know who Gilgamesh is, when everyone in Zero knew. I start to think they didn't bother to even look at Fate/Stay night when they did Fate/Zero.
The only ones who knew who Archer was is Kirei,Tokiomi and Rider.No one else had any reason to know his real name. Search a bit before posting crap.
korison said:
Well...I guess they just spoiled the whole Fate/Zero ending '-.-
Nope.
It IS supposed to be seen FSN -> FZ. Actually it is READ FSN first ,watch/read FZ later but anyway. FZ is the series that spoils EVERY plot twist of FSN. Except Archer's identity that is...
Apr 27, 2013 8:27 AM
Feb 2013
ssjokg said:
Nope.
It IS supposed to be seen FSN -> FZ. Actually it is READ FSN first ,watch/read FZ later but anyway. FZ is the series that spoils EVERY plot twist of FSN. Except Archer's identity that is...

Yeah I realized...Didn't really see Fate/Zero back then but by now it really spoils Fate/Stay Night '^^
Check out my Blog on Wordpress: http://korisanime.wordpress.com/
Jun 13, 2013 11:22 AM

Nov 2012
yeah finally the assassin is dead :3 nice fight saber XD
and nice fight too shirou XD

and finally our "archer" gilgamesh is show up XD damn I was wondering where he is all this time..

in the end kirei want saber live with him hehe.. looks like it is gonna be really interesting XD
Jul 23, 2013 7:34 PM

May 2013
Haha Gilgamesh just came in and pimp slapped Caster...
Jul 28, 2013 1:53 PM

Jul 2013
Hell yeah, Gilgamesh FTW! <3 I wonder what lame excuse they came with to kill him... =_=

But well, at last one epic character apeared. Rin is pulling everything forward until now (as long as I don't know why she's helping Shirou at all? since she can't have the Grail anymore, right? XD). And when the hell will Ilya's identity be revealed? =_= As Saber couldnt just split it out...
YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT
SEE YOU, SPACE COWBOY...
Jul 29, 2013 4:29 AM

Aug 2009
shiro_aya said:
Hell yeah, Gilgamesh FTW! <3 I wonder what lame excuse they came with to kill him... =_=

But well, at last one epic character apeared. Rin is pulling everything forward until now (as long as I don't know why she's helping Shirou at all? since she can't have the Grail anymore, right? XD). And when the hell will Ilya's identity be revealed? =_= As Saber couldnt just split it out...
Saber never came face to face with Ilya 10 years ago.Even if she did why should she mention something that Ilya doesnt want to?
Jul 29, 2013 6:12 AM

Jul 2013
ssjokg said:
Saber never came face to face with Ilya 10 years ago.Even if she did why should she mention something that Ilya doesnt want to?

Well, but it was just one thought ;)
YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT
SEE YOU, SPACE COWBOY...
Jul 29, 2013 9:24 AM

Aug 2009
shiro_aya said:
ssjokg said:

Well, but it was just one thought ;)
The Einzbern homunculi have the same face.And yes she saw he once from the top of a tower.And the name doesnt matter.
Saber hates Kiritsugu and doesnt talk about him anyway.Saber really doesnt care about that,and why should she anyway?Even in the VN she barely gaves one hint about it which easily you disregard as casual talk. Ilya herself never tried to bring up that topic.Shirou realizes the truth alone...in another scenario but anyway.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Order

Shadow__-Monarch - May 4

23 by Alexioos95 »»
May 7, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TuzoAnime - Jun 16, 2008

83 by FedeMetal »»
May 5, 6:50 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DaBigD - Oct 3, 2008

137 by FedeMetal »»
May 1, 6:08 PM

» VN fan are annoying as Hell

chevalierkraken - Apr 23

30 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 27, 10:20 AM

» Why do people consider 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime bad?

zckfox - May 13, 2023

45 by chevalierkraken »»
Apr 25, 10:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.