Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 13, 2008 6:54 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OMG RIN! anyone but her T-T shes my fav character in this anime.

Mar 17, 2009 1:49 PM
Jul 2018
Sakura wears an eroge-conform outfit ~~
I'm really surprised how far the story has developed in the few episodes, and there are still 6 remaining.
May 1, 2009 6:40 AM

Jan 2009
What a risque outfit =/

Is kojirou really a fictional character? I thought he was some very famous swordsman in japanese history, and if thats the case aren't all the heroes fictitious =.=
May 1, 2009 7:54 AM

Nov 2007
halberdiers said:
Is kojirou really a fictional character? I thought he was some very famous swordsman in japanese history, and if thats the case aren't all the heroes fictitious =.=

To my knowledge there are conflicting sources regarding his identity and that's what's being used for him in Fate/stay night. There have been several people in that period of time thought to be Sasaki Kojiro, but it cannot be said for certain if any of them really were him.

May 1, 2009 8:06 AM

Apr 2008
halberdiers said:
and if thats the case aren't all the heroes fictitious =.=
Not in the Natsuverse. :P
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Jul 14, 2009 6:02 PM

Oct 2008
No way..

Next episode

Aug 2, 2009 2:40 AM

Jul 2008
Assassin's identity = lame. If Rin is gone, this show has lost it's best appeal as far as I'm concerned.
Sep 30, 2009 1:54 PM

Jul 2009
What the hell was Sakura wearing XD
Oct 23, 2009 2:00 AM

Dec 2007
why is rin sorry to sakura
Oct 23, 2009 2:20 AM

May 2009
Darude said:
why is rin sorry to sakura

Nov 1, 2009 8:26 AM
Jul 2009
Zell182 said:
What the hell was Sakura wearing XD

lmfao, i was wondering that too.
Nov 14, 2009 12:32 AM

Dec 2007
ratings baby
Nov 15, 2009 9:36 PM

Jan 2009
Saber VS Assassin was sick

Dec 1, 2009 11:23 AM

Apr 2009
So,because one became a magi,the other one colored the hair with purple?
*i don't know what's the name of the color in english,so the most accurate for me is to say "purple" :p
Dec 4, 2009 4:30 AM

Jun 2009
Sister like relationship... or real sisters... hmmm

If Rin dies... Then what can I look forward to? She's the one carrying the show so far.

Sasaki Kojiro is fake?!?! Can't be! Well... King Arthur's a girl... Type/Moon verse.

If Rin is purge off the show, The writers needs to come up with something smart to keep this show alive for me... I don't think Rin's dying anytime soon though... I hope.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2009 10:01 PM

Aug 2008
AirStyles said:
If Rin dies... Then what can I look forward to? She's the one carrying the show so far.
Totally agreed....

Well the episode stored a lot of surprises for us... I can't believe this actually happened... but first of all... WTF with Sakura's sexy outfit huh?!! LOL... She has anice little booty... and nice... cleavage XD... Yah... whatever... that outfit was quite... revealing XD

Nooooo not Rin..... Please keep hr alive.... NOOOO she an't die!!! What will happen if she dies? To whom will Shiro go and ask for help? Knowledge? Saber + Shirou alone is not a great idea... if they're left alone they might actually lose the Holy Grail War... With Rin.... dead... will Shirou go nuts? I don't wanna see what will he do when he sees Rin heavily wounded... and by no other than his own lover Sakura... Oh hohoho... I knew all along... those two didn't mix a bit... Totally different.... but were they really sisters? I feel that they're more like bff than sis... ne way nice theory

LOL at Assassin... and now we're supposed to believe shuch bull from that guy... yeah right.... You're Kojirou! Nice fights on this epi.... But definitely Assassin versus Saber was the best one!! GOOOO Saber kill him already!!

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2009 6:33 AM

Jun 2009
it's gettin' a bit sour. Shirou and Sabre could have been killed easily a couple of times. But the enemy prefers not to kill them to strech the film longer. completely irrealistic if u ask me.
Jan 23, 2010 8:23 PM

Nov 2009
Loved this episode!, especially sabers fight with the assassin..
oh and sakura's outfit was awesome :P
Feb 17, 2010 9:02 AM
Jan 2010
This is the second time I'm saying this while watching this series I believe, but if Rin dies I will rage.
Feb 20, 2010 12:21 AM

Sep 2009
Is Sakura's outfit really necessary for that ritual? Anyways...I like all of the development going on.
Jun 1, 2010 2:36 AM

Jan 2008
Well damn @ Sakura's outfit.

RIN!!!!!!!!!! =[
Sep 23, 2010 10:36 AM
Jul 2010
saxophone15 said:
Is Sakura's outfit really necessary for that ritual?

Yeah, I wondered that too. Wired outfit.

This was a great episode. I mean, it had everything. Amazing fights (Saber vs Assassin was great to watch), some info on the characters' past (Sakura is Rin's little sister?) and drama.

But I'm starting to think that this show is getting all the numbers messed up... First it's said that Archer took 5 of Berserker's lives. Then Rin takes one but they say that Shirou's sword kills him 7 times? That makes a total of 13... And now in the preview it seems like another servant is going to appear... And I hope there's a good explanation because Saber + Archer + Lancer + Berserker + Rider + Assassin + Caster = 7. So I don't think there's supposed to be another one right? Well, lets see how they explain it if that guy in gold is in fact a servant.
Dec 26, 2010 7:35 PM

Jul 2010
Finally, this show gives a decent-looking sword fight in Saber vs Assassin. The animation was nice and dynamic, and I think there was minimal use of still frames and action backgrounds. I'm pretty happy :D

Poor Rin. She's ultimately too nice to go all out against her childhood friend/sister (?) and gets stabbed. And going by Caster's words, it seems that she's now gonna be used as the sacrifice? That really does suck. Hopefully Shirou and Saber will start owning things up soon.

Also, what the hell was with Sakura's outfit. That was rather...excessive.
Feb 14, 2011 11:11 AM

Aug 2010
saxophone15 said:
Is Sakura's outfit really necessary for that ritual?
Castor's Preferences for things...
Jun 16, 2011 3:30 AM

Jul 2010
good episode this show is really addicting wtf is like 7am already.
Sep 15, 2011 1:47 AM

Sep 2008
Sakura`s outfit was pretty intresting. :O I wonder if she has that in VN... I ned to play last route and find out!

Good thing they added something for Caster to do, since she was a bit lackluster in Fate route in VN.
Sep 15, 2011 2:54 AM
Dec 2007
Tsukaji said:
Sakura`s outfit was pretty intresting. :O I wonder if she has that in VN... I ned to play last route and find out!

Good thing they added something for Caster to do, since she was a bit lackluster in Fate route in VN.
No, Sakura doesn't wear anything perverted like that at any point in the VN. Not to mention, this arc is anime-original and heavily influenced by UBW more than HF.

Oct 12, 2011 5:53 PM
Jul 2009
Nice gimp suit. ;) I wonder why that was necessary. lol

meneope said:
it's gettin' a bit sour. Shirou and Sabre could have been killed easily a couple of times. But the enemy prefers not to kill them to strech the film longer. completely irrealistic if u ask me.
Yeah, it annoys me that it's like this through the whole anime it seems. They should been butchered since long...
Oct 21, 2011 12:51 PM

Jun 2009
Don't die Rin!
Caster's backstory is rather sad but seeing Rin and Sakura made me forget all about Medea.
So far F/Z hasn't shown how exatly Rin and Sakura were separated (but 1st ep focussing on Kariya was hearbreaking anyway), so I really liked that at least F/SN did that. Watching Sakura to be taken away by Zouken was so sad and made me want to kill that old creepy man!
Anyway, with Sakura's backstory revealed, I don't think there will be explanation about Shinji (since he's dead). Since Sakura is actually Tohsaka, Shinji isn't her brother then...
Oh, and Assasin is such a nice guy. :)
Oct 21, 2011 1:04 PM
Dec 2007
PerlaNemesis said:
Don't die Rin!
Caster's backstory is rather sad but seeing Rin and Sakura made me forget all about Medea.
So far F/Z hasn't shown how exatly Rin and Sakura were separated (but 1st ep focussing on Kariya was hearbreaking anyway), so I really liked that at least F/SN did that. Watching Sakura to be taken away by Zouken was so sad and made me want to kill that old creepy man!
Anyway, with Sakura's backstory revealed, I don't think there will be explanation about Shinji (since he's dead). Since Sakura is actually Tohsaka, Shinji isn't her brother then...
They did "tell you" how and why Sakura and Rin were separated in F/Z episode 1. Zouken wanted a succesor to the Matou family. ZOuken went to Tokiomi, reminded him of their two centuries old pact. Tokiomi gave him his "non-succesor" kid, because her magic was unwieldy. Basically, Rin got lucked out merely because her magic is OP. Also, Rin was told never to go to the Matou family and to treat Sakura as an enemy.

Oct 22, 2011 9:47 AM

Jun 2009
Leon-Gun said:
PerlaNemesis said:
Don't die Rin!
They did "tell you" how and why Sakura and Rin were separated in F/Z episode 1. Zouken wanted a succesor to the Matou family. ZOuken went to Tokiomi, reminded him of their two centuries old pact. Tokiomi gave him his "non-succesor" kid, because her magic was unwieldy. Basically, Rin got lucked out merely because her magic is OP. Also, Rin was told never to go to the Matou family and to treat Sakura as an enemy.

I meant that F/Z never showed the exact separation scene like F/SN did.
Dec 9, 2011 7:32 PM
May 2011
I really hope Rin dies in the next episode! I like her as person and her character but this nonsense german annoys me. I accept and expect mistakes from foreigners in a foreign language and I make mistakes, too but sentences like "das Schließen, Vogelkäfig, Echo", "Abzug, Bedienung, Mittelstand", "Stil schießt beschießen Erschießung" (what?) or "sechs, ein Fluss, ein Halt" make NO sense. What do they use? Google Translator? It sounds like a work from amateurs. The only sentence which made sense was "ein Körper ist ein Körper" because it's true that a body is a body. I have no problem with japanese people beeing crazy about german or any other language but they could ask at least one person who can speak the foreign language for help like I do if I don't have a clue. This anime wasn't bad in the past 18 episodes but this is the only thing I really hate (especially in this episode). Well, maybe Rin shouldn't die because I like her but I hope every character stops using foreign languages.
FaeRhanXDec 9, 2011 7:53 PM
Jan 8, 2012 2:24 PM

Mar 2011
This makes so much more sense after having watched fate/zero (1-13), it is the prequel after all

and NOOOOOOOO rin can't die :(
Apr 15, 2012 7:06 PM

Mar 2012
I really hope Rin's not dead. That would just be depressing. =(

And what's the deal with Sakura's outfit? I know the anime was based off an eroge but come on! xD
Apr 16, 2012 11:05 AM

Jun 2009
TravSavage said:

And what's the deal with Sakura's outfit? I know the anime was based off an eroge but come on! xD

The irony is that, despite being an eroge, the VN never had any sort of costume like that.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 18, 2012 6:49 PM

May 2012
It's kinda hot how they turned innocent little Sakura into a leather fetishist! Anyway, I really hope they don't kill Rin. She's my favorite character!
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Jun 18, 2012 7:22 PM
Dec 2007
insan3soldiern said:
TravSavage said:

The irony is that, despite being an eroge, the VN never had any sort of costume like that.
It did had Saber in hot Bridal clothing. In fact, it was Caster who put her in said clothing...because yeah, Caster has a Saber fetish.

Jun 29, 2012 7:22 PM

Jun 2012
Rin better not die, if she does i think i'll stop watching this anime. Shes the sole reason i still watch it.
I cant believe Rin and Sakura are sisters! WEIRD! didnt see that one coming.
Aug 24, 2012 6:10 AM

Nov 2011
If fists teacher could beat saber, how is Shirou standing a chance?

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Aug 24, 2012 6:29 AM

Aug 2009
DarkShards said:
If fists teacher could beat saber, how is Shirou standing a chance?

Saber was beaten because his way of punching is tricky.Even other overpowered normal humans would lose in the first match. Basically the enemy cant dodge(what Saber did and lost) unless he wants to die.Parrying like Shirou using Noble Phantasms and Archer's style did is better.Also if Saber were to fight him again she would win cause she knew the style.That's also one of the reasons he retreated during their first fight.
Sep 24, 2012 5:06 PM

Apr 2012
Dominatrix Sakura lol

The eight servant came out of nowhere. At first I thought this was Mordret (lol again). Feels a bit plotdevicy. Hope they make good use of it. The father twist was better though.
Oct 17, 2012 10:01 AM
Jan 2012
Saber vs Assassin was cool.
And Sakura's "ecchi" outfit was very very very unnecessary.

Next episode may be interesting...

Dec 5, 2012 11:49 AM

May 2012
Sakura NOO! damn I actually liked her in the story :( no more filled tables with food :(

Well good episode non the less, lets see what's next!
Feb 23, 2013 12:12 AM

Jul 2008
Well we have progress, but next episode is really going to pick up because HE is back...
Feb 23, 2013 10:41 AM
Sep 2012
wtf! where did that epic animation for Saber vs Assassin come from?
Mar 5, 2013 8:45 AM

Jan 2012
That was some outfit for the ritual lol.

Mar 7, 2013 5:39 AM

Aug 2009
ownosourus said:
That was some outfit for the ritual lol.
It is no laughing matter.Who the fuck came up with that shit anyway?
Apr 28, 2013 8:50 AM
Apr 2013
Since I saw the anime again some days ago... Idk why they made Sakura wear such a weird costume..?
I mean... This episode, except for that animation of Saber vs Assassin didnt have much...
Sigh.. It would be better if they hadnt done ANYTHING to Sakura, like it is intended in the Fate route...
Sakura is the VN in HF route is.... awesome. Well..If they did take Caster and Kuzuki scenes here.. I would have liked it better if they had shown how Rin basically kicked Caster's ass.
Apr 28, 2013 11:35 AM

Aug 2009
Hetment said:
Since I saw the anime again some days ago... Idk why they made Sakura wear such a weird costume..?
I mean... This episode, except for that animation of Saber vs Assassin didnt have much...
Sigh.. It would be better if they hadnt done ANYTHING to Sakura, like it is intended in the Fate route...
Sakura is the VN in HF route is.... awesome. Well..If they did take Caster and Kuzuki scenes here.. I would have liked it better if they had shown how Rin basically kicked Caster's ass.
Right?Even ignoring the fact that Sakura could have
it still was a crappy fan-fiction level filler.
May 2, 2013 6:18 AM
Apr 2013
ssjokg said:
Hetment said:
Right?Even ignoring the fact that Sakura could have
it still was a crappy fan-fiction level filler.

I was half-expecting

if I am correct... didnt this 'Caster arc' left many people in confusion regarding Sakura's and Rin's relation? I think many mistook them for childhood friends?
HetmentMay 2, 2013 11:09 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Order

Shadow__-Monarch - May 4

23 by Alexioos95 »»
May 7, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TuzoAnime - Jun 16, 2008

83 by FedeMetal »»
May 5, 6:50 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DaBigD - Oct 3, 2008

137 by FedeMetal »»
May 1, 6:08 PM

» VN fan are annoying as Hell

chevalierkraken - Apr 23

30 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 27, 10:20 AM

» Why do people consider 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime bad?

zckfox - May 13, 2023

45 by chevalierkraken »»
Apr 25, 10:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.