Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 18, 2013 6:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Movie finally came out on the Net! Well, the first part started out with the Nine tailed fox. No surprise there.

I lol'd @ the bath scene, oh that was just silly. I have to admit that the lack of battles in the first half was a bit of a turn off. Second half was okay I guess with the action. Good to see Minato again but overall, I find this movie to be just so-so. Nice to see the Nine-tailed fox in action though.
Mar 18, 2013 7:34 AM

May 2012
Man I have to think this through seriously, was expecting so much more from this movie, I don't know what to score... Guess ill wait for higher quality version but the movie itself... :/
Mar 21, 2013 1:36 AM

May 2010
Finally out a few days ago and cant believe it was korean :(
Well i watched anyways, couldnt wait so i finished it just now, i was honestly expecting more (sense it made more money then all the other naruto shippuden movies) but it still wasnt bad, the first have was a bit slow but the 2nd half was pretty epic. Loved the part where naruto grabbed the hokage cloak and put ot on and when he fought the other naruto and did the same moves his dad did when he fought madara. Epic. :) i cried a few times also :')
I liked how they put sakura in naruto's shoes so she could see how he always felt and how hard it was to be alone. I hope i like it even more after i watch it in hq (did not like the art diffrences) and with subs. C:
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Apr 2, 2013 6:43 PM
Jul 2012
the movie was pretty good. although it had some minor flaws i enjoyed it. because of the fillers i started to believe naruto (the anime) kind of sucked but this movie reminded be of why its one of my favorites. also, just random but i dont think he's going to end up with anyone because, lets just say if naruto ends up with sakura it gonna cause an uproar between naruto fans or vice versa with hinata. with naruto ending up with anyone is not going to be good for the producers.
Apr 2, 2013 7:08 PM
Jan 2011
It was really hard watching it with korean raws and a few bits some subs were skipped but still loved the movie, even cried! reminded me how i cried at the manga flashback and same for in the film. A whatif scenario is what this movie about, ofc the "what if my parents were still alive" for naruto and i thought it was very moving (to the extent of tears). Action wise, it annoyed me since it was quite bland and it seemed like naruto before he fought pain when he wasn't as good at fighting as he was during and after pain event. But yeah, minato, kushina and naruto together was the highlight of the movie, putting yourself in his shoes its a very heartwarming story. A whatif dream being granted for a short moment, I thought it was touching.
Apr 2, 2013 9:05 PM

Apr 2011
The movie was so underwhelming. The music was awful, the animation wasn't particulary good, and the fight scenes were all so boring. The akatsuki seemed so tacked on and lame in the movie.

I'd give it a 5.5/10, it's better than all the other horrible Naruto movies, but that isn't really saying much. I just hope Movie 7 won't be as lackluster and dull as every other Naruto movie.
Apr 3, 2013 1:31 AM

May 2011
LOL everyone personality being messed up. And Minato's appearance is always win!
Apr 3, 2013 2:14 AM

May 2012
This movie had so much potential to be great, and in a few scenes it really was! I just feel that it really failed to cash in on some of the opportunities it created, and in the end the result was just "good" instead of "great". The emotion in this movie was really heavy, and I was feeling it. The stuff with Sakura feeling real loneliness for the first time and Naruto finally experiencing a loving family environment; it all could have been so much more memorable and impactful had it just been developed and worked on a little more. It was disappointing that the Konoha 11 didn't have bigger roles, and I felt the Akatsuki were thrown into the movie just for the sake of being in the movie.

Despite all of that however, I still thoroughly enjoyed this movie! Perhaps it's just my inner Narutard seeping through?! It was a lot of fun seeing everyone act so different, and that final scene between Naruto and Iruka had me cursing onion cutting ninjas! The fight scenes were pretty good too, especially the Kyuubi vs. Kyuubi fight! The final fight between Naruto and Menma/Madara was somewhat underwhelming, and it's conclusion seemed very abrupt and contrived, but it still managed to entertain me nonetheless. All in all I would say that this is my second favorite Naruto Shippuden movie, right after "Inheritors of the Will of Fire", and I'm certainly glad I watched it. Now if you would all excuse me, I have to go call my parents right now! lol.
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Apr 3, 2013 12:07 PM
Dec 2012
Just watched it today, Lol'd when they're personalities changed
Apr 3, 2013 7:49 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Easily one of the best anime movies I've ever seen. Kishi and co did a great job. Now I can't wait to see the English dub.
Apr 4, 2013 11:44 AM

Aug 2012
This was just fine for me. It had the opportunity to be great, but in my eyes it didn't.

I expected more. From what I've interpreted from this film is that it was made after Naruto became a Hero and before he met Kushina.
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Apr 5, 2013 1:23 AM

Apr 2012
The Korean Dub was great, although I can't really get used to it.. I miss the Japanese VA. I could feel the emotions beginning to flow, I still feel like it was missing something. It might just be because I need the original VA... or something else..

All in all... Great Movie!
Apr 5, 2013 1:26 AM

May 2012
i suffered through all the korean dubbing just to see naruto with dark hair.
Also, I didn't like how they used Sakura as the one to be the damsel in distress this time. Though she defended Naruto to give him time and get his shit together.
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Apr 6, 2013 3:32 AM

Jan 2013
I have fortunately been able to download one with English subs and finished watching (although it will be shown next week here in the Philippines, I'm excited lol) It's a great movie!!! I really loved Minato and Kushina. ;A;
Maybe next time.
Apr 6, 2013 7:58 AM
Dec 2011
i loved this,i have never been touched by an anime this much..oh,,,,,,NARUTO!!! i really felt for him even a hero feels lonely sometimes and get to see sakura actually understanding Naruto and how selfish and rude she has been to him it was just a masterpiece :3 100/100 for me :3
Apr 11, 2013 7:44 AM

Jun 2009
it was fun and enjoyable it was cool seeing the opist of al the rest the peoople
Apr 12, 2013 8:02 AM
Jun 2009
I expected this to be on the same level as the Fourth Shinobi World War, but it did not meet my high expectations. LOL. But it was fun to watch the switched personalities of the other characters. The final battle of Menma VS Naruto was not so entertaining, though.
Apr 14, 2013 8:28 AM

May 2012
I watched the movie in the cinemas just today and I had to say it was good.

The plot was very good it had a lot of twists especially with the characters XD
The family time Naruto had with his family was really sweet and a little angsty in my opinion :)))
Watching it was really fun and the art, the graphics that was just awesome especially in the training part wherein naruto had to face of with the naruto of that illusion ^^
And it was nice to see a little something from sakura's family, tbh it's my first time getting to know more about sakura's family since they're not being shown unlike most of the parents in the series ^^

The thing i just didn't like about the movie are the voices they sounded different from the one we normally hear. The Menma part also ruined it a bit because I couldn't help but connect it in the anime Ano Hana XDD so I just laugh it off~~~

All in all I liked it so I'd give it a 10 :))
Apr 14, 2013 6:34 PM

Jan 2010
First and foremost, they need to change the cast on MAL since Hinata and Sasuke pretty much disappeared after the bath scene. Minato, Kushina, Menma are the main characters next to Naruto and Sakura. Tobi could be disputed.

As for the movie, i think it delivered. It was entertaining and the character's opposite personality made it enjoyable. The only thing i would have changed is given them more screen time, especially during the final battle.
Apr 22, 2013 12:58 PM

Sep 2010
I didn't liked that movie from naruto, was really boring

in comparison with old movies this is the worst one...

i was feeling like watching some naruto filler's from naruto serie

anyway, just my personal opinion, they could have done better
Apr 27, 2013 7:38 AM

Oct 2008
Didn't really like it... I mean, some of it was okay and funny and all - also, the plot was fine, but... I just didn't really like it.

And I hated this Tsunade... just because I'm biased and love the original Tsunade.
I also hated that Jiraiya didn't play an active role.

I was also like: "GET YOUR HANDS OFF TSUNADE!!! D:<" when Minato picked her up.
MAN! Bring me Jiraiya!

/rant
行けー幼子兵器!あれは木端微塵に粉砕しろ!
Apr 28, 2013 8:42 PM

Dec 2012
I don't understand the people that didn't like it.. This was a great movie. It had battles, emotional parts. It's true that Tsunade,Kiba,Neji etc, were strange, but this is the kind of this movie, you can't expect to like the changed personalities, when you're used with others.. and it was better than I expected... so 5/5 :D
Albi-kunApr 28, 2013 8:48 PM
Apr 30, 2013 5:20 PM

Jan 2013
Great movie... I laugh at new business of akatsuki... And itachi saying: we were not paid for that... omg...

Awesome :D
So diferent from other naruto movies... But even better
sigh..
Apr 30, 2013 11:39 PM

Aug 2008
Ugh, subs are out. Mediocre movie is mediocre. Why are these movies such utter CRAP??? The very first movie was great, and it's been completely downhill from there! What a waste of freakin time. Why do I keep watching these dumb movies. I stopped watching the horrible anime years ago. You'd think I'd have learned my lesson.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
May 1, 2013 5:54 AM

Jan 2012
Good movie.

we didn't see Sakura of the other world

May 1, 2013 8:40 PM

Jun 2010
ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES EVER!
asdfghjk love the ending, sakura and her family and naruto with iruka oh my iruka i love u so much ;w;
Hinata so cool in the movie hehe but she still better in her old self but why MAL say she is one of the main character in the movie? o.o
anyway i love everything in this movie but sasuke... please no lol
May 1, 2013 10:07 PM

Dec 2009
Probably the best Naruto movie for a very long time.
So cute and emotional, I cried a lot in it...
May 2, 2013 11:32 AM

Apr 2011
This movie made me cry many times especially in the end :'(

I like how that other world was twisted! everyone were different from the original world. And thankfully Sakura has now fully understand how Naruto feels living without his parents, making her to treasure her parents.
While watching this movie, I realize that I should love & respect my parents more because it's really difficult to live without them. And I really respect Naruto for being able to deal with his life without his parents but however Iruka-sensei is there for him, to stand as his second father.

I'm really really glad that I've watched this, actually this is the first Naruto movie that I've ever watched and I think I'm gonna watch the others!

-"One of the best movies I've ever watched"

May 2, 2013 12:51 PM
Dec 2012
Awesome!
Had tears in my eyes a lot of times during the movie with Naruto finally having someone at home for him and i liked that sakura now knows how it feels having no parents. Also it had great fighting scenes.

Best Anime Movie i have watched.
May 2, 2013 5:21 PM

Dec 2008
One of my favorite Naruto movies. Had feels. Was crying at a few parts, mainly the end ;___; I also smiled like a retard when Naruto copied Minato's move.
May 3, 2013 3:21 AM

Jul 2010
Animekazekage said:
Good movie.

we didn't see Sakura of the other world

Sup, the Naruto Anime aired an episode awhile back for this movie called Road to Sakura. Basically when Naruto/Sakura got transported to the alternate universe, the alternate universe Sakura got brought to the original universe. She gets found by Ino, but supposedly has amnesia. (Alternate universe Sakura is basically the same, but calmer not having angry outbursts like the original). Main thing is while in the original universe, alternate Sakura gets a chance to my her dead parents like Naruto did. She ends up hugging them in tears saying she loves them, and is magically returned to her world afterwards
May 3, 2013 10:23 AM

Mar 2012
The best Naruto film so far, by a lot. Also now one of my favourite anime films, Naruto's parents deaths still get to me ;( dem feels man
May 4, 2013 3:36 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread cleaned.
Removed all posts that were asking/discussing where to see this movie (see the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules) or otherwise not contributing to the actual discussion.
May 4, 2013 6:27 AM

Mar 2011
Made me cry a lot. Minato in this movie is one of the best characters of Naruto at all. I really love him.
And my hatred for Sakura has been increased. Selfish idiot. When she wanted to stay - ok, most importantly that she's happy. She's lonely and unhappy? Of course, they have to come back immediately! Ghrr...
May 4, 2013 10:02 PM

Aug 2011
This was just so depressing. Poor Naruto...
May 5, 2013 11:36 AM

Dec 2011
Hmmm. This movie focused more on the characters feelings rather than just heavy action.

I was expecting for Tsunade and the others to ask about their alternate selves, but I guess it will kill the movie's mood.

It wasn't that bad, but I am kind of disappointed. It is probably because of the low quality out online. Will rewatch it in high-def.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2013 5:48 PM

May 2010
I have a few things to day. The good the personality change. Mostly Hinata and skikamru
Rock lee...why...0.0 Guy sesnsi...OLD

Nartuo's parents are kick ass, period...

Akastuski was badass on the other side.

Bad things or things that need changing.
Too much Sakura!
Naruto still likes Sakuta
Not enough hinata and personality change air time
No Jiryia
Weak Tusnade. How can she be hokage if shes weak!?
May 5, 2013 6:12 PM

Jan 2012
I'm guessing I'm one of the few people that enjoyed this movie.
I thought all the other Naruto movies are pretty meh and this was the first one I actually enjoyed watching. Though there were flaws with the plot, since this isn't really canon I also didn't really like the Kurama fight, but I still enjoyed this a lot more than all the other Naruto Shippuuden movies combined.

Just wondering, shouldn't the other world have disappeared when Naruto and Sakura left. This will probably never be answered since it doesn't really matter, lol.
penguindrum264May 5, 2013 6:52 PM
May 5, 2013 10:08 PM

May 2012
TBH its boring.. too much drama(which i already saw in tv series and in manga), and i dont like the plot at all.. i like prev movie more..
naruto asked sakura for a proper date got me there.. :D
Dark_MessiahMay 5, 2013 10:19 PM

May 5, 2013 10:44 PM
Oct 2011
I don't even know what I was expecting. The 2nd worst Naruto movie. Sorry, but nothing can beat Shippuden movie 4.
May 5, 2013 11:05 PM

Jan 2013
I have to say, I enjoyed that movie a lot. The first half was full of comedy, and the second half had a lot of drama and action. Although, I can agree that the Akatski's presence felt a little off, and there could have been more of the alternate personalities in the latter half. I feel they did a good job with this movie.
May 6, 2013 1:11 PM

Nov 2010
It was ok, definitely not great though. I didn't like their forgetting that they're in a parallel world thing every five minutes. They also didn't get enough time with them, I would have rather most of it be about them interacting with them and learning more about them. They didn't have much of an emotional impact.
I also don't think it was ever explained why Menma stayed in that world and why he had a different hair color and power, etc.
The concept was interesting, especially if it came from what Kushina said before she was about to die in the real series. But the most interesting thing was the last fight, which was just ok.
May 6, 2013 1:40 PM

Sep 2008
at last!! took forever for the japaanese dub to come out on internet

damm sweet story, i actually liked the original narto a lot, and this remembered me the original series, that extremly lonely feeling you get while naruto is standing there, surrounded by all the families, its too sad

a sad story..and the name menma,...i wonder if it was on purpouse...

minato and kushina1!! even if they were downgraded versions of the originals, its was good to se that extremly happy family scene, too good

now to waut he net realese of movie 7 =D
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
May 6, 2013 2:40 PM
Sep 2012
it was ok, im giving it a 7/10, not the best. The sad moments made me want to give it an 8 but, nah, overall it just doesnt get an 8 from me.
What irritated me was, they showed off the new personalities of the ninjas such as hinata .etc and then they got like 3 mins of screentime each and were completely forgotton.

btw wtf, how can sakura talk to naruto like that in the beginning, did she and everyone else completely forget his parents died? and also when she said sasuke would understand her about her parents, oh you mean the sasuke who had his parents murdered by his brother who he then murdered? yea im sure he knows everything about family.

xtremexxMay 11, 2013 5:05 AM
May 6, 2013 3:50 PM

Jan 2008
I liked that movie a lot. Lots of fun with the changed personalities, Akatsuki was badass, and the end battle epic.

The only dissapointment I had was that the alternative cast pretty much disappeared after the bathouse. I would've loved to see them fighting, especially alternative Hinata would probably kick ass ;)

Edit: How could I forgot to mention the feels when Sakura finally realised how much Narutos life sucked.

Apart from that, great movie, gets a 8.5/10 from me.
NightlinerSGSMay 6, 2013 3:56 PM

May 6, 2013 6:35 PM

Feb 2008
It's really great movie 10/10 :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 6, 2013 8:07 PM

Dec 2010
Well, I liked the movie. It was clearly geared towards being more emotional and going into Naruto's mind more than fighting and battling (though there was some cool rasengan shit going on in the last battle).

Wish there was more screentime of the Akatsuki being awesome though, you rarely see them all fighting together at the same time.
May 7, 2013 2:55 AM

Nov 2012
I liked the Neji Hyūga nice pervert and Hinata Hyūga,Badass and sai with the painting art.
They were too many perverts in the movie.
All of the characters were funny..

May 7, 2013 6:33 AM
May 2011
Wow i think this is the worst naruto movie ever... Sure the personality switch could have been cool, but it was just swept away during the second half.

What was with those fights? Does this take place before he has kcm and bijuu modes? And where those kyuubi's running around in mid air?

Also way too many flashbacks, like 20+ minutes of this crap was flashbacks.

Sigh... Honestly i wish something like this storyline was fleshed out into a full filler season for naruto, it has some interesting ideas that would be way more entertaining than anything currently being spewed out.
TylerrMay 7, 2013 6:45 AM
May 7, 2013 10:14 AM

Oct 2012
i dont know if it's good or not because i'm not enjoyed every naruto's movies... i don't really like unconnected plot to main series like this even though i know most of movie like this.

but still i like the main series.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The Akatsuki *Tiny Spoiler*

Sangromancer - Apr 21, 2013

8 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jun 30, 2022 11:18 PM

» Is this canon

piggies_united - Jan 9, 2022

5 by GinpachiSensei19 »»
Jan 10, 2022 12:13 AM

» Everyone has opposite personalities, but Sasuke's opposite personality is liking girls

Axelthrow - Jun 9, 2021

1 by Pyro »»
Jun 9, 2021 12:12 AM

» Iruka and Naruto

Becloud - Aug 2, 2013

4 by MrLegitimacy »»
Feb 3, 2018 10:50 AM

» Sasuke got trolled in this movie. Anyone?

KingIkki - Jun 4, 2013

7 by thatPinkSpider »»
May 19, 2017 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.