Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 7, 2013 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Rika and her freaking imaginations. Lmao. Also, is that a possible Mayo Chiki reference?

Wow, Rika and those malevolent eyes. Just glorious. Also, that game looks kinda fun. Dem choices. Gotta raise those power points up! Looks like to me that Rika stole the episode this week. Dat hairstyle. Just golden:

Amusing episode as always :3
Feb 7, 2013 9:20 AM

Nov 2007
Yukimura's now a butler, by Yozora. Scary scientist girl... Playing Otome game. And one of the guys sounds like Ishida-san.

So, Yozora likes yankee, but tsundere type, like the guy... then getting bad ending. lol @ scientist girl changing her hairstyle every time. lol @ the guy's suggestions, and she invented "time machine" / dream machine. Oh, no.. got found out?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 7, 2013 9:30 AM
Sep 2012
It is going downhill for someone after this because of a plan will be backfired by another someone who doesn't realize she's hurting her own "friend" in the process. I just wish the series doesn't go on serious mode.
Feb 7, 2013 9:40 AM
Dec 2012
Wondering if real schoolgirls also enjoy computer games that way, I kept chuckling. The interaction between Eiji & Yozora was so heated and interseting I expected her to say "Wanna fuck?" But she was decent enough to not venture that way better or worse.

I wanted that headset. Reminded me of Total Recall.
Feb 7, 2013 10:50 AM

Nov 2011
KhanhCPham said:
Just watched it raw. Was that a "Mayo Chiki!" http://myanimelist.net/anime/10110/Mayo_Chiki! reference?

Yup it is especially with the butler/hair color of that scene.
Feb 7, 2013 11:47 AM

Jul 2010
lol, Mayo Chiki! references.

I liked Rika's hair styles in this episode. Very cute!
Feb 7, 2013 2:06 PM

Jun 2012
this episode some how reminded me of mayo chiki good episode all in all
Feb 7, 2013 2:11 PM
Nov 2010
This is an episode that sort of flesh out a bit of Yozora - not by revealing new things but by establish boundaries in where she would/wouldn't go. Sena may appear annoying at first but her intent isn't entirely malicious, but rather - she's seeking Yozora's attention.
Feb 7, 2013 2:19 PM

Jan 2012
Gotta admit, Yozora was not acting bitchy, and acted very cute instead!
Rika was in the spotlight, very cute and I think she looked like Riko Mine there.
No imoutos today :/
That VN really fit Yozora, if she continue pursuing Kodaka without trying to make other friends, she will really end up alone.

Overall, amusing and funny episode once again. Though Kodaka's design looks worse than S1.

AND MAIDSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Feb 7, 2013 2:29 PM

Feb 2012
Can't say I like rika blond. I kind of want to rewatch Mayo Chiki now though lol...
Feb 7, 2013 2:43 PM

Oct 2012
Loved the Mayo Chiki reference, and Rika's evil demon like eyes were amusing, Rika's hair styles were cute. Does seem like the plot really thickened at the end there. I don't know why people say Yozora doesn't develop, she seemed to a bit in this episode, least to me she did.
SparklingRyderFeb 7, 2013 2:50 PM
Feb 7, 2013 3:01 PM

Oct 2012
shit just got real, finally some developments?

lovin' rika's new hair styles, so awesome :D
Feb 7, 2013 3:12 PM

Jun 2012
Seriously a Mayo Chiki reference? X D
Feb 7, 2013 3:15 PM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. Love the Doraemon, Mayo Chiki and even for the next preview... Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukunai refences!!!

And, how an eroge is full blown in anime form.
Lol at Rika for the swearing and the "ahh glasses guy!!!"

Even Sena... mocking Yozora playing the eroge... spring wind and rose colored! Hahaha.

And... looks like Kodaka sleep talked!!! Ooh. I hope they spill the beans now about his friendship with Yozora.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2013 3:17 PM
Nov 2010
SparklingRyder said:
Loved the Mayo Chiki reference, and Rika's evil demon like eyes were amusing, Rika's hair styles were cute. Does seem like the plot really thickened at the end there. I don't know why people say Yozora doesn't develop, she seemed to a bit in this episode, least to me she did.

Actually I think the issue is not always with the characters/direction/production, but with the viewers as well. You hear things like characters didn't develop - that they didn't change. Interpretation of development itself is contentious, eg given any change, who is to say it is always for the better? Is being cute = 'developed'? Development is clear cut in some shows on traits universally accepted eg from whimpy -> confident, but not necessarily in a romcom - characters are allowed to have their own personalities rather than gravitate towards some generic moe blob.

The otherside of the coin is - as more and more infomation is revealed, are the viewers capable of going back to their initial assumptions/judgement of the character and make adjustments? Perhaps a character didn't change, but rather, got more fleshed out?
Feb 7, 2013 3:17 PM

Feb 2012
Lol Mayo Chiki. I wish that show would get a second season :P. Also lol'd @ Rika's do-it-alone time.

I wish Yukimura got more screentime after last ep though. Would love it if she could get atleast one ep where we finally see her dress and act like a chick while also being the main focus.
Feb 7, 2013 3:26 PM

Nov 2011
Haha, funny episode and loved the reference.

Aw man, we going to have drama! Looks like the whole 'childhood friends' thing is out!

Man, honestly the more we progress the more I actually want Kodaka to end up with Yukimura or Rika!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Feb 7, 2013 3:28 PM
Nov 2012
I feel a little bad for Yozora, that eroge route was way too real to her life and it must have been terrible to wait for young Kodaka for 10 years.
Feb 7, 2013 3:41 PM

Jul 2008
"If you'd complimented me, you would've gotten a ton of love points from me. I probably shouldn't be saying this myself, but my route is really short, you know? If this were an eroge, we would've already done it several times."
Really liked Rika this episode.

Also happy with the ending, more Yozora-centered attention is always welcome. We've had enough boring Sena scenes already.

Feb 7, 2013 3:44 PM

Jun 2010
wow, Rika showed a lot of different sides in this episode and Yukimura was so cute in that butler outfit. I really liked it. And that cliffhanger by the end. I hope it won't be too dramatic next week.

and the game was really kinda harsh...
Feb 7, 2013 3:45 PM

Dec 2009
Cliffhanger~

I doubt much will happen, though.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 7, 2013 3:50 PM

Oct 2010
So, this week we got a Mayo Chiki reference and next week's episode title is a reference to Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai.

Both of these appeared in Haganai's PSP game. All 6 girls cosplayed the main character of 6 animes:

Yozora - Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai (anime already announced, but no date yet);
Sena - Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko (anime airs this Spring);
Kobato - NakaImo (anime aired last Summer);
Maria - Zero no Tsukaima (this one needs no introduction);
Yukimura - Mayo Chiki! (reference in this episode);
Rika - Hidan no Aria (I think everyone knows this one too).

I'd love to see references to all these animes/light novels in Haganai!
Feb 7, 2013 3:53 PM

Dec 2012
omg if this series keep going this awesome im gonna give it a 9/10
Rika awesome as always <3
loved the focus on yozora too :)
Feb 7, 2013 4:10 PM

Nov 2011
Mayo Chiki reference was good and the end of the ep but the rest was meh
Feb 7, 2013 4:29 PM

May 2011
Ohhhh shit is it finally time for their secret to be revealed!? I can't wait to see what'll happen now that Kodaka is getting grilled about his past and what everybody's reactions are gonna be when they find out-or well, if they find out.

And lol Rika has been great lately and I am loving her hairstyle changes, especially that one at the end.
Feb 7, 2013 4:37 PM
Dec 2011
Wow I'm loving every minute of this. Really long Mayo Chiki reference scene and the game is almost a clone of Tokimeki Memorial (4). Loved both of them, and Kikai Shoujo reference next ep title. Put Yukimura into the spotlight for once and I'll be completely satisfied.
Feb 7, 2013 4:48 PM
Dec 2012
Yozora needs a come back! She is a deep character than Sena , well just like everyone dislike her , she is like Mazusu , if you don't save her , she died, don't forget love is chemical
Feb 7, 2013 5:16 PM
Oct 2010
rika owned this ep.

fffuuuuu it ends right there. i wannt to see what he says nowwww. hes kind of a bitch. tell her in person in the present faggot -___-
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Feb 7, 2013 5:28 PM
Jul 2012
omg rika is my new favourite character. do-it-alone time? Damn she's hilarious. looks like a bit of drama added to the list.
Feb 7, 2013 5:45 PM

Oct 2012
Lol, mayo chiki reference. Next is going to be kikou shoujo reference next episode. Rika's different hair styles also seem like they are from other anime. Though I can't put my finger on them.
Feb 7, 2013 6:20 PM

Nov 2008
nothing quite like the mayo chiki drop there haha - Good overall episode - perhaps the cat is now 'out of the bag' though perhaps theyll cover it up well see next week
Feb 7, 2013 6:27 PM

Sep 2012
love the mayo chiki reference :D
and ohh kodaka in deep shit xD
Feb 7, 2013 6:39 PM

Sep 2012
Limechan said:
Both of these appeared in Haganai's PSP game. All 6 girls cosplayed the main character of 6 animes:

Yozora - Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai (anime already announced, but no date yet);
Sena - Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko (anime airs this Spring);
Kobato - NakaImo (anime aired last Summer);
Maria - Zero no Tsukaima (this one needs no introduction);
Yukimura - Mayo Chiki! (reference in this episode);
Rika - Hidan no Aria (I think everyone knows this one too).
All are published by MEDIA FACTORY. Having a strong publisher and label background can come in very handy.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 7, 2013 6:57 PM
Oct 2010
MsBrightside said:
and the game was really kinda harsh...
I know right? But at least not as much as the game where the heroine gets eaten by a shark. XD

KingCez said:
. hes kind of a bitch. tell her in person in the present faggot -___-
I think you're missing the point. Kodaka's regret is that he couldn't properly say goodbye to her, telling her now changes nothing.

Besides, they did have a conversation about it at the end of the first season, remember? there's nothing else to add (at least not on Kodaka's account).
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Feb 7, 2013 7:02 PM

Jan 2013
The video game part was blehhh.
But the second half was really good.
I like when it gets serious.
I guess he was sleep talking
Feb 7, 2013 7:08 PM

Jun 2012
Pretty good episode, it was funny when Rika said her route was really short. The Mayo Chiki reference was pretty good to. Looks like their secret is in danger of being revealed. Also looks like Rika has more hairstyles to come, should be interesting.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Feb 7, 2013 7:08 PM

May 2012
Dat ending :p looking forward to next weeks episode
Feb 7, 2013 7:14 PM

Jan 2012
I like Rika's original hair/style/color the best :}
PS: I kind of want to try/play one of those games~ x) It might be fun xD lol

5/5 as usual~ ^.^

Feb 7, 2013 7:43 PM

Apr 2009
Shits getting seriousssss
Feb 7, 2013 8:09 PM

Feb 2012
Do it alone time. I'm gonna start using that.
Feb 7, 2013 8:11 PM

Jun 2008
>Haganai giving Mayo Chiki a boost.....Second season coming soon (I guarantee it!)

>Rika and all her hair styles.....the new Haruhi! (except better than her!)

>"Do-it-alone time?"....haha, gotta love those kinds of girls!

>Yozora still sucks hard!

New list:

#1 Kobato
#2 Niku
Tied #3 Rika and Yukimura (I really can't decide)
#5 Kate
#6 Maria

#Who cares....Yozora
Feb 7, 2013 8:25 PM
Feb 2013
Rika was hilarious in this episode, as was Sena. I want to see how Sena reacts if Kodaka ends up telling them all about the past. Overall good episode. Sena >> Yozora
Feb 7, 2013 8:36 PM
Dec 2010
damn! yukimura was cute. i think i will buy Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Portable and solve her route :D
Feb 7, 2013 8:47 PM

Jan 2012
A game that can say the inputted char name?! WITCHERY.

So specific with the references. They stepped it up to another level.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Feb 7, 2013 8:55 PM
Sep 2012
LMAO!

Flags standin' tall!

Senpai also standin' tall!

I about shit myself when I saw this.
Feb 7, 2013 9:20 PM

Nov 2007
This anime has gotten so much better compared to the first season! I am so happy they actually made a sequel!

- Rika is becoming more and more adorable as of late!
- Yozora keeps her level as a complete horrible personality but why I cannot bring myself to dislike her is beyond me!
- Yukimura looked so cute in that butler outfit!
- Sena is still my favourite in the anime.

Damnit! He had to shout her name when he woke up! I wonder how is he going to cover his meeting with Yozora now!

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 7, 2013 9:20 PM

Nov 2012
Yay Mayo Chiki reference! \o/

They made Mayo Chiki look a lot more erotic than it is. XD
Feb 7, 2013 9:38 PM
Mar 2011
Somewhat dissatisfied that yukimura's backstory didn't get explored considering last weeks episode, however very good episode
Feb 7, 2013 9:59 PM

Feb 2012
Shit just got real this time. I loved it especially at the end. Sena wondering and questioning on how Yozora was in Kodaka's dream or whatsoever then years ago gave me a little bit of a chill inside. This be getting serious.
Feb 7, 2013 10:23 PM

Jan 2011
Further developments for both Yozora and Kodaka with the otome game and the "time machine". Rika may have got the comedy spotlight, but I think Yozora made more progress towards the real goal...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

254 by 5hadow17 »»
Jun 5, 12:32 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

675 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

457 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

268 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

183 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.