Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 22, 2012 9:36 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A lot has happened in this episode more than any other. It was in fact the best episode. Combining customs of tanks, fan service, character development, tanks strategies and action. Looks like in the following,

The competition is set and it looks like 4 Matilda 2 MODDED and a Churchill tank. Can’t wait for the next episode. The fight is going to get better. Other than that follow my impressions.

About the beginning, I liked the start for its continuation of the fight that started from the last time. The start of this segment in the spoiler
goes way to show Reizei and her start in the series itself. Sadly she was very sleepy and quite not up PAR to the competition in terms of having a low fatigue level. Hence she falls asleep a lot. Lovely book Reizei is reading.

The fighting in the spoiler
got me a little O_o as in the tank that goes through the bridge as it should more cave in due to the weight and a middle alliance between Type 89 and the StuG tank. Quite uncommon but done often in between tank drivers.

In thee end of this fight the girl’s reactions in the spoiler
during it were hilarious. From the girl that protects her chest to the one that looks like she is having some tank orgasm inside from the sensations to surprises and aggressiveness, I think they were all done finely and lovely. Very nice to see the girls react like this. I liked the most Yukari’s aka MOE POWER girl’s hug in the spoiler
on Miho.
That was MOE POWER for sure.

About the aftermath, looks like it was nice presentation of groups in the spoiler
rather done well and everyone made it. Yukari’s expression there was quite MOE and fine.

About the fan service, it was done very well in the spoiler
for a first part. Showed quite well the girl’s bodies whom told me that Hana and Saori have big chests well endowed while Yukari has it medium and Miho has it just a little notch higher. BEST IS….Mako who now is confirmed as DFC from her chest size being the smallest. That is very well shown in part 2 in the spoiler
where the girls tease her
rather well enough to see a nice blush from her. The girl’s service style is very similar in combining EROS and MOE together in making it appealing much like Suguha’s style is used in terms of her feet design. I can say the same of the appeal from Kurugaya.

About the tank customization, separating into parts. The first part in the spoiler
shows a nice interaction between the girls and Saori’s enthusiasm is well appreciated for its fun factor.

The second part in the spoiler
shows well the end result of the customs in both paint wise and interior wise. Oh boy did I ROFL SO BAD! AHAAAHAAHAHAH! First of all the pillows/drapes were hilarious for an addition. It’s amazing and there is even a cat pillow. I find remarkable of the paint used on the Type89 and StuG but PUKE at the pink/yellow choices. Bad choices man! Horrible. The pink looks too cute for a tank and the yellow gives away your position is easily it’s ridiculous TBH. Too shiny. However the red on the StuG looks good on it and the Type89 has some nice motifs. I figured that the cushions are there due to the girls’ asses having too hard for the seats in the tank and the drapes to make it nicer but it hides a lot too that could be vital in spotting the enemy. Miho looked to have lots of fun with her facial expressions.

About the mysterious persons, I got totally infatuated with the following girls,

They are just my kind of design I like. Along with the spoiler
of that girl too. The trio in that part will be the best one appearance wise for me that I will like.

About the practice, I though it was pretty cool in the spoiler
for its depiction of what can Mako do exactly. She did quite a lot but she can do better IMO. Her fatigue is a major problem TBH. I ROFL at the shining problem of Anzu’s tank team.

At thee end of it all in the spoiler
Mako’s expression were not of the best despite being hilarious. I think she is not too fond of that practice at all. Most likely too much was demanded of her.

About the meeting, it was quite interesting in the spoiler
for its explanation on some tank strategy but also in terms of Ami freaking out and of Anzu’s MOE expressions from her face.

After the meeting quite a emotional part in the spoiler
came with Yukari/Hana/Saori and Miho. I did like Miho’s facial expression there. It was MOE once again.

About the competition preparations, I liked how Saori woke up Mako in the spoiler
it was quite the pain in the ass and Mako even has 5 alarm clocks? That’s insane. The girl has serious problem waking up in the morning.

So much in fact that Yukari and even Miho in the spoiler
had to use the trumpet call and TANK BANG to wake her up. Man I bet you even a Harley Davidson motorcycle would not be enough at first but eventually it might work with the noise they make.

In thee end Mako was dragged out in the spoiler
which sadly still had to change and do some bath stuff in the tank’s compartment, whom I find quite original as not often this was done TBH.

About the competition, the opposite team’s carrier in the spoiler
is huge man! Totally big! So big that Miho and her teams got freaked out by it. Same here. It’s way too huge.

While the intros in the spoiler
were superb in their setup. From the intro of the opposite team to their reactions. It’s obvious it’s kind of English mentality that was shown there. Mainly arrogance. The judges were nicely shown. Their dresses being unique compared to the others. The blonde blue eyed girl is still very appealing.

In thee end in the spoiler
all teams are getting prepped up. Mako looks awake but is her fatigue level high? It all remains to see in the next episode. Sounds like the action I wanted and how it pans shall fruit then. It is to see for me.

About the preview, the card playing on the pink tank in the spoiler
so does not reveal much but it should be fun to see after competition.

BTW Chart are out in the spoiler
they look very well done. It would be amazing if a English version would be done of these.

There are already MODs of the military vehicles in the spoiler
I am most surprised of the StuG model already having a plastic version of it done.
Yumekichi11Oct 22, 2012 11:09 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 22, 2012 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
Heh, I found the historical references in the series funny at times. Last week, there was a reference of Blitzkrieg used a tactic at the end of the 1930's.

Yumekichi11 said:

modded for the turret looks reinforced? and a Churchill tank:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churchill_tank
Can’t wait for the next episode. The fight is going to get better.

If that's the Churchill Tank, then it's likely to be named after Winston Churchill given its originality from the United Kingdom although I'm not 100% sure.
Oct 22, 2012 11:05 AM

Oct 2010
Stark700 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

modded for the turret looks reinforced? and a Churchill tank:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churchill_tank
Can’t wait for the next episode. The fight is going to get better.

If that's the Churchill Tank, then it's likely to be named after Winston Churchill given its originality from the United Kingdom although I'm not 100% sure.
Yeah it's right. The tank was done after his honors. I think he did something amazing for it to be like that.

Oct 22, 2012 11:18 AM

Nov 2008
I'm glad Mako is now the driver, Hana wasn't too hot at driving a tank and it takes the sound of a shot from a main cannon to wake her up barely. I'm surprised Miho's team won because they were surrounded and could have been hit easily but they got 3 surrenders and 1 TKO (tank stuck in mud). Also, the disabling of the tanks when hit and the surrendering draws parallels to most martial arts and even weapon based arts such as kendo and fencing.

Oct 22, 2012 5:59 PM

Apr 2011
It's been another fun episode.

Good thing Mako-chan is there to save the day and quickly learn how to drive in less than a minute.
We finally see the unique paint scheme from the PV,that shows the Pink M3, and the gold 38t. The team made the right choice in choosing Miho as the commander, but will be force to do the Angkor Dance if they lose. I'm hoping
they'll lose so we can see the girls dance. lol

Mako-chan is now favorite. Has a gloomy personality, a low blood pressure, a stoic voice, and DFC. I love how much she hated waking up early and girls force her to wake up by firing the tank cannon. It was so awesome that they brought the tank in the streets. Just seeing the surprised faces of people there seeing the tank makes me smile.

I'm looking forward to see Miho show her experience and leadership as Commander.

Miho, do your best! *salues*
MagitoOct 22, 2012 10:38 PM
Oct 23, 2012 1:51 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I'm really interested in Mako-chan. She's now my favorite. *^*

Miho has been appointed Commander so good luck, Miho! o/

As for how the girls customized their tanks:

"I never thought anyone would do this with a Panzer..... but I'm enjoying it!"

-Miho Nishizumi

She took the words right out of my mouth! x3
Oct 23, 2012 3:07 AM
Sep 2012
I loved Maho in this episode. Weird how Maho suddenly wakes up and jumps to the top of the panzer. I also liked how it took a tank blast to get her out of bed and even then, she still was half asleep.

I too liked the customized tanks. I thought that it was funny that their tanks were in all different and cute colors with all kinds of stuff attached to them.
Magito said:

Good thing Mako-chan is there to save the day and quickly learn how to drive in less than a minute.
We finally see the unique paint scheme from the PV,that shows the Pink M3, and the gold 38t. The team made the right choice in choosing Miho as the commander, but will be force to do the Angkor Dance if they lose. I'm hoping

Mako-chan is now favorite. Has a gloomy personality, a low blood pressure, a stoic voice, and DFC. I love how much she hated waking up early and girls force her to wake up by firing the tank cannon. It was so awesome that they brought the tank in the streets. Just seeing the surprised faces of people there seeing the tank makes me smile.

I'm looking forward to see Miho show her experience and leadership as Commander.

Magito said:

Amazing episode.

Amazing how Maho can wake up and avoid being run over by jumping on top of the panzer as if it was nothing. I too loved that she hated mornings so much that she had to be forced to stay in the club. Even after she had to had that tune played and a tank fire a shot in front of her house, she still wasn't really awake.
Oct 23, 2012 4:23 AM

Sep 2012
I was about to drop the series with the last episode. But Mako jumped on the Panzer. It's like a new anime to me.
Oct 23, 2012 4:31 AM
Jun 2008
well at now 5 girls panzer team all set yea give maho very nappy got 5 alarm clock still napping?

at least tank goodnees is here yea 5 girls tank crew won training match ok then now take on another tank school battle with twist IF they lose miho has do some "dance"?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Oct 23, 2012 4:44 AM

Apr 2011
I read chapter 5 of the manga and it shows who won in the tournament against St. Gloriana.
MagitoOct 23, 2012 4:48 AM
Oct 23, 2012 4:47 AM

Aug 2012
As a military freak, I can't say anything else than: this is awesome :P
Oct 23, 2012 5:26 AM

Oct 2011
Since M3 Lee was ugly to begin with making it pink was a progress (not to mention that slightly dumb design).
poor StuG... what did they do to you ;(

And it will be funny to see 38(t) and Type 89 trying to do destroy Mathilda (unless they would trick it to try climb up the hill)

but nice episode and most certainly looking forward to outcome
Oct 23, 2012 5:48 AM
Jan 2011

Ok, this is "Girls und Panzer" so what's an AH Cobra doing here?
Oct 23, 2012 5:52 AM

Jun 2011
Oh god these Commie subs are just too much for me, why all this German? T.T it's just too fcking much!
Sure, "why don't you leech off other subbers then?", I would if they weren't a day or two late, lol xD But why on earth do they have to put so much German in there? Call it authentic or whatever, but it just ruins most of it...
It would be more understandable if the seiyuus actually switched language at some words or lines, but since it's all in Japanese it doesn't make sense to put just random German lines and words in the mix

Either way, despite all my complaining on the subs, I'm liking this anime so far ^^ I just hope I won't end up lowering the score because of my irritation with the subs
Last anime that I will ever watch with Commie's subs
Oct 23, 2012 6:41 AM

Apr 2011
^ There's a 2nd track of subs from Commies without the german-english translation. but I haven't tried it out yet.

Gonna wait for Hiryuu subs.

I am having so much fun with this show that I'm watching this for the 4th time already.
MagitoOct 23, 2012 7:01 AM
Oct 23, 2012 6:46 AM

Jul 2012
You can easily change commie's German troll sub into "no fun allowed" version without any German. I have used this sub for ep 2 and ep 3 and it's good. Don't they put a notice shortly after the op about sub version?
Oct 23, 2012 7:02 AM

Apr 2011
joshua_mai said:
You can easily change commie's German troll sub into "no fun allowed" version without any German. I have used this sub for ep 2 and ep 3 and it's good. Don't they put a notice shortly after the op about sub version?

On episode 03? They did. It says "A second, less aryan track has been included" right after the OP
Oct 23, 2012 7:34 AM
Jan 2012
mako-chan is cute. this anime is ok. I guess I'll continue watching it. I love tanks after all. Though I hope to really see a tactical battle even if it isn't much intricate.
Oct 23, 2012 8:05 AM

Oct 2010
Nasty001 said:

Ok, this is "Girls und Panzer" so what's an AH Cobra doing here?
It's an example of military vehicles actually being customized IRL. So it's quite a nice add.

This is recent BTW. The cobra pic.

Oct 23, 2012 8:22 AM

Apr 2010
Reizei is definitely a nice addition to the group with her half asleep appearance.
And it seems she needs credits allot since it's pretty much the only point to convey her to stay well that and her grandma who she seems to fear for some reason.
The first match went pretty well and thanks to Reizei's help the managed to avoid a loss.
Isuzu seems to get aroused from the canon fire and she even claimed the spot for gunner because of it.

I thought the ship the girls where on was big but that ship the other school came with was even bigger i wonder how they keep those things running must be expensive.
And i am still wondering about there size in general.
They mentioned that there where no schools on land which means all schools are floating and there are more of these ships sailing around.
Which sounds pretty interesting but whats the reason behind it?
Oct 23, 2012 9:28 AM

Apr 2011
I'm also curious as to why put towns on ships. To think the Oorai's carrier is huge, here comes a BIGGER one.
Oct 23, 2012 10:37 AM
Dec 2011
Magito said:
The team made the right choice in choosing Miho as the commander, but will be force to do the Angkor Dance if they lose. I'm hoping

Not sure if I missed anything from before but what is the Angkor Dance? They make it sound like it's the end of the world if they lose.
Oct 23, 2012 1:36 PM

Mar 2009
I am a great fan of the commies subs, with a lot of german. It's legit and fluent language, understandable by every germanicist (like me, whereas I can't speak it at all and have only learned it for a few years in highschool) and it adds a lot of flavor!

Even if you do not understand all, the general meaning is krystal clear.
Go commie subs! I love what I see!

Oh! And this was the best episode yet. this series is Fuuuun!
Oct 23, 2012 1:51 PM

Sep 2011
It looks like we finally get to see the battle from what they first showed in Episode 1 during the first 3-4 so minutes of the beginning. Exact same tanks and brand from episode 1 to 3.
Oct 23, 2012 2:56 PM

Feb 2012
Great ep.

Love Mako! The quiet types are the best ;)
Oct 23, 2012 3:06 PM

Apr 2011
Sapphir3Flame said:

Not sure if I missed anything from before but what is the Angkor Dance? They make it sound like it's the end of the world if they lose.

The Angkor or Angler fish dance is a embarrassing dance where you have to wear an angler fish costume.

Well, that's all I know. If you want you can read chapter 5 of the manga. Be warn of the spoilers thought, since it run parallel with the anime.

I've downloaded Commies version and select the "No fun" allowed track. And found no visible german language except for "Panzerfahren"
MagitoOct 23, 2012 3:54 PM
Oct 23, 2012 3:06 PM

Jan 2012
Commie subs, guys.

Warum lesen Sie Kommunistische Untertitel nicht?
Oct 23, 2012 3:34 PM

Nov 2011
Surprisingly impressive, the gun was done very well.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 23, 2012 5:00 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Well, at least they're using intercom and radio headsets now - no more kicking the driver in the shoulder nonsense ;)

If the setting wasn't so preposterous I'd enjoy it more, but I genuinely LOL when they brought the tank in as backup to wake-up Mako. It is not over sexualizing the girls like a certain other odd militarily oriented show last Spring. And it seems to be trying to pay attention to details such as the warning the one girl gave about cresting a ridge carelessly, or talking about the calculations needed for triangulating the target.

So, I'll shut my mouth and give this a chance.

Oh, hell. I just feel the need to throw this in here:
CratexOct 23, 2012 5:22 PM
Oct 23, 2012 5:37 PM

Jan 2011
enjoyed this episode way more then the last 2 because i won't lie i felt pretty good when they fired off that first round,Mako was a nice addition kinda reminds me of how much i hate mornings!

lol old lady praying next to the shining panzer..
Oct 23, 2012 6:08 PM
Sep 2010
I'm loving this show. Aircraft carriers are one of my obsessions, so I'm having fun identifying the floating towns as they show up. The new one this week is based on the 1937 HMS Ark Royal. Oh yeah, the tanks are okay too... Who am I kidding. The question isn't if I'm going to buy a model Stug, it's wether I can wait to get my hands on the official model with teh right decals or if I'm going to buy a regular Stug kit and paint it up as best I can...
Oct 23, 2012 6:31 PM

Apr 2011
katsu044 said:

lol old lady praying next to the shining panzer..

I laugh my ass off when Momo said to hide for cover yet, the 38t's paint scheme, made hiding useless.

I find it unfair how the girls are ganging up on team A, yet they own.

I love the part where Miho's team hits the volleyball team sending their tank moving backwards because of the impact and the WHAM effect! So awesome!

Miho should be the one giving the whole team guidance and training instead of the student council. They're pretty much noob themselves.

This anime is so ridciously fun. I'm gonna add this to my 'fun to watch' list besides Chuunibyou, LB, and Ixion Saga.
MagitoOct 23, 2012 6:55 PM
Oct 23, 2012 7:44 PM
Apr 2011
^ This plus Mako being in a bind and coming back to her decisions to join are hilarious.
Oct 23, 2012 7:56 PM

Jul 2012
About the carrier, there are something I hear from a friend, Don't know these are true or not and I think they don't affect plot so I will not put it in spoiler.
Japan is a town carrier.
Britain is a city carrier.
Russian is a submarine.
USA is a space station on moon. (lolz).
Oct 23, 2012 9:19 PM

Apr 2011
endlessabyss said:
^ This plus Mako being in a bind and coming back to her decisions to join are hilarious.

Mako: "Humans cannot wake up six in the morning!"
Yukari: "No, we have to actually be here by six, so we'd have to wake up around five"

*Mako's body tilts"

Mako: "Somethings are plain impossible" lol

I wake up six in the morning everyday. I must not be human. lol
Oct 23, 2012 10:36 PM

Sep 2012
What symbolizes GalPan (Girls und Panzer) is the scene where the inside of the tanks are shown - an amusing intrusion of girls' taste in the cramped metallic space of tanks.

And also this:
Vergießt Schweiß - aber kein Blut
The staff really are very much into military history...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 24, 2012 12:06 AM

Oct 2011
Their paint schemes make me feel better about my own paint jobs. :P

Like so:

Hope our PzIV heroines pack HEAT. 75mm low velocity has trouble scratching the paint of British infantry tanks (actually, only the StuG should really stand a chance in a frontal engagement).

Either side of the reality spectrum, I expect to enjoy this anime. I like tanks, I'm liking the characters, and I'm digging the plot right now as well.
Oct 24, 2012 2:06 AM
Sep 2011
lol the hell, brought a tank just to wake up a girl xD
damn this show is pure win, just by looking at those animation, CGI, 3D tanks, I wonder how much did they spend on this show? They aren't looked cheap.

I'm expecting tanks fight the next episode, CGI tanks fight will be awesome.
Oct 24, 2012 7:14 AM

May 2008
This show has been pretty okay so far , dont get the crappy ratings .

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 24, 2012 8:35 AM

Aug 2010
It took 3 episodes for them to do something that I actually dislike (seriously, 4 tanks unable to hit a static object?), a very nice achievement.

I loved how they outfitted the tanks to be more comfortable. Who knew tanks and plushies go so well together?

I freaking loved every scene with Reizei, she would be my favorite character if Miho wouldn't be already. 5/5.

Ps: I suddenly have the urge to commute by tank.
Oct 24, 2012 8:37 AM

Sep 2012
Mogami-kun said:
(seriously, 4 tanks unable to hit a static object?),

As Mako said, the 4 groups brought defeat unto themselves. Since they are all novices, such thing can happen.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 24, 2012 9:29 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Mogami-kun said:
It took 3 episodes for them to do something that I actually dislike (seriously, 4 tanks unable to hit a static object?), a very nice achievement.
Given it was apparently their first day IN a tank for all but a few of them, realistically it would be amazing they could even load and fire the gun, never mind understand how to use the sighting equipment.

Cadyshack said:
Hope our PzIV heroines pack HEAT. 75mm low velocity has trouble scratching the paint of British infantry tanks (actually, only the StuG should really stand a chance in a frontal engagement).
With so little to go on it's just speculation as to how "disable" and "kill" shots are even determined. I thought the Stug hit the MkIV in the rear but apparently whatever "system" they are using didn't consider it enough, so I'm somewhat scratching my head (it did look like it was a corner on an angle, so maybe it wasn't considered to have done any damage to anything important).

Obviously, if it made a difference in this setting, it would be far better if they had a PzKw IV F or later with the ability to fire more powerful AP ammo, but not all would be lost - a well aimed shot with HE or the weak AP could destroy the treads and immobilize the target.

If penetrating power does make a difference, what in the world will they do if they go up against a tiger or KV, or an M4A3E2 ??
CratexOct 24, 2012 9:43 AM
Oct 24, 2012 2:57 PM

May 2010
Poor tanks :(
Oct 24, 2012 5:15 PM

Jul 2009
DAT PINK TANK.

Yukari is the only one sane here...
Oct 24, 2012 5:53 PM

Apr 2011
symbv said:
Mogami-kun said:
(seriously, 4 tanks unable to hit a static object?),

As Mako said, the 4 groups brought defeat unto themselves. Since they are all novices, such thing can happen.

It's their VERY first time riding a tank! It's expected.

Plus team A has a huge advantage. Miho is experience in senshado, Mako is quick learner in tank driving, and Yukari, is a great gunner. Her skill in aiming must come from playing tank arcade game in the tank shop.
Oct 24, 2012 7:11 PM

Apr 2008
Is there any online PzIV manual to understand the meaning of the cannon's range finder ?
Can't understand just from the explanation in the anime.
Oct 24, 2012 7:34 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
nseika said:
Is there any online PzIV manual to understand the meaning of the cannon's range finder ?
Can't understand just from the explanation in the anime.
It's nothing specific to that particular tank. Triangulation was used for any ranged weapon of the time.

Decent place to start for an understanding of what triangulation is and how it was used at the time:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangulation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coincidence_rangefinder

Now, at the time these WWII vehicles were made they didn't have computers to assist with the calculations - that's why the one girl was running the numbers in her head and speaking them out loud.

You can even do triangulation from listening posts to find the location of enemy gun positions miles behind their lines and use that for counter-battery fire.

Ah, just found a very good page:
http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/Zeiss_Optics.htm
Oct 24, 2012 8:19 PM

Feb 2012
That was actually pretty entertaining :D

Enter enter mission~ ♪
Oct 24, 2012 8:35 PM

Sep 2012
Cratex said:

Decent place to start for an understanding of what triangulation is and how it was used at the time:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangulation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coincidence_rangefinder

The most relevant wiki page about the rangefinding shown in this episode is this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadiametric_rangefinding
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angular_mil

It took me some time to figure out what the 'unit' that Miho talked about is. She said シュトルヒ (shutoruhi) which turned out to be quite esoteric and obscure in Japanese language. At the end I found what it stands for in a German wiki page http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strich_%28Winkeleinheit%29 - Shutoruhi is actually Strich in German which is "mil" for miliradian in English.

I am learning quite a bit of stuff about many things as I enjoy cute girls doing cute things with tanks. I am happy !!
symbvOct 24, 2012 8:53 PM

Oct 24, 2012 9:41 PM

Apr 2008
Thanks for the Zeiss optic site :D
So, the ring of numbers around the sight is cannon elevation adjustment ?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

191 by patkarunungan »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Oct 29, 2012

244 by patkarunungan »»
May 31, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 15, 2012

119 by patkarunungan »»
May 30, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 8, 2012

251 by patkarunungan »»
May 30, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

okanagan - Mar 25, 2013

274 by aimso1 »»
May 19, 3:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.