Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 30, 2012 10:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Go Yuuya! Another intense episode. The sky rains with bombers as well as battles and flames.

Commander said:
The Eishi are the edge of humanity's blades

Amen to that. Good to see Yuuya make it through :)
Sep 30, 2012 10:49 AM

Nov 2007
Some of Russia team also got sacrificed. The female leader doesn't want OnoD's character to involve, so she told him not to ask.

Seems like OnoD's character still stayed even though she sent him to safe place. His comrades are thinking that he's dead?

Next week is special ep. (summary ep. and info. about new OP and ED)
(New OP "Doubt the World" is by the singer of current ED, and new ED "Revise the World" is by ayami)
tsubasaloverOct 14, 2012 9:22 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 30, 2012 10:51 AM

Aug 2010
I was hoping that the OP would be different this episode. Other than that the episode was pretty good.
Sep 30, 2012 11:42 AM

Sep 2009
R.I.P. Commander Latrova. Too bad they skip most of the fight but it still was better than a lot of previous eps. Hope for some more. But why no preview this time?
Sep 30, 2012 11:51 AM
Jun 2010
R.I.P. Commander Latrova

I hope it wasn't the Scarlet twins who delivered the final blow to Commander Latrova.
Also they made modifications to the 94 Second in the end of the episode. I hope we can see it more in action next time. It's colour is horrible. What the heck is a Missip Enchancment Module?
Sep 30, 2012 11:54 AM

Feb 2008
I don't really know what happend with twins but I do think it was them that killed all betas an instant and Commander Latrova.
Cryska and Inia went some psycho insane or something, at the looks they doesn't seem like they are in good mentality stage.

Well, I knew somehow Yuuya will survive, it will be too early for him to time.

94 second looks even better than now. xD

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 30, 2012 11:56 AM
Mar 2010
I had the feeling Latrova was going to die but it's still sad.
Besides I didn't expect all the battalion to be wiped out.
Good episode, best arc so far...well, not a difficult task to be honest.

Oh, now there's another rival for Yui, I guess Yuuya's already fallen for the new TSF.

vagsk said:
R.I.P. Commander Latrova
I hope it wasn't the Scarlet twins who delivered the final blow to Commander Latrova.

I thought it was pretty obvious the battalion and the BETAs were destroyed by Inia and Cryska.
Araragi93Sep 30, 2012 12:03 PM
Sep 30, 2012 12:43 PM

Dec 2011
vagsk said:
R.I.P. Commander Latrova

That's what I unfortunately suspect as well, since we haven't seen them in a while so it makes sense. I really hope the ones that "made" them do it really do get what's coming to them. Without a Commander> there goes whole team =/

R.I.P Zhar Battalion, especially Commander Latrova, Still fighting on and staying strong, even with and when everything was against them.

It was a good action filled episode that again does great in capturing the essence of what happens in such wars. Hopefully they'll keep it up~
Sep 30, 2012 12:48 PM

Jul 2012
R.I.P Commander Latrova, one of the best commanders of the series. I wonder why Inia and Cryska, ESPECIALLY Cryska, would kill a fellow Eishi. I thought they would have immediately stopped half way and not kill her. Maybe it's a plot twist, idk. I actually liked Latrova out of all the USSR assholes.
Sep 30, 2012 12:52 PM
Jul 2012
Lots of death, blood, & gore. Very well done! I enjoyed this episode amazingly! Time for the 2nd round of Muv-Luv to begin! The 94 Second Phase 2, looks even better, 94 Second is reborn from its blue b@d@ss shell into a MOTHER F*CKING OVERKILL B@D@SS!(Opinoin) I enjoy the new color scheme, though, I just feel it lacking, it stills looks AMAZING! I can't wait for the next episode, also can someone help me, on the website I'm watching from, says there wasn't a next episode after this one, but MAL says differently, someone help me!
Sep 30, 2012 12:55 PM

Oct 2011
Ok this last few episodes were good - and decent conlusions.

And this Laser Class... I know that they are badass and kill'em all - but in this episode they looked cute :D
ok maybe not the best word but not threatening to say the least, snails with big eyes
Sep 30, 2012 1:05 PM
Jan 2011
R.I.P. Commander Latrova, can't beleve that them Soviets are willing to do some useless sacrifice of there own men, and I do mean useless co'z the even had one of their best killed by one of their own.
Sep 30, 2012 1:54 PM

Sep 2009
Next week would be recap. Hope they'll at least make us new OP and ED.
Sep 30, 2012 2:02 PM

Oct 2011
Sad but good episode. It looks like Latrova's death served as a catalyst for Yuuya to become a better man. Not looking forward to next week's recap...

Sep 30, 2012 2:20 PM
Aug 2012
A very intense, yet emotional episode. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. RIP Zhar Battlion
Sep 30, 2012 2:28 PM

Sep 2012
It was good and I have a feeling that inia and cryska were the ones that killed the zhar battalion. They did seem to be very powerful and could handle a lot of Beta's by themselves in episode 9. Glad to see that yuuya made it and the new shiranui looks cool.
Sep 30, 2012 2:30 PM

Mar 2009
Was a boring end to this episode... I was hoping to see more fighting.
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Sep 30, 2012 3:05 PM

Jul 2012
It was a good episode, its a shame we didnt get to see the reunion between Yuuya and Yui =/

R.I.P Commander Latrova, Such a great, respectable commander and female figure to the battalion. It's a shame to see her die that way~

(fanservicesu~ art Dx)

Honestly what is going on with Cryska and Inia lately?..
Sep 30, 2012 3:19 PM

Feb 2011
Different Scennary

Ten meters away ->>>> His TSF explodes .

MWHAHAHHAA !
Sep 30, 2012 3:51 PM

Jul 2010
RIP Latrova, you died with honor.

Yeah, I'm very curious about Cryska and Inia. They've been missing for too long.
Sep 30, 2012 4:35 PM

Apr 2011
I am interested to see that black TSF again. Why did it attack the commander again?
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Sep 30, 2012 4:37 PM

May 2010
Dalek-baka said:

And this Laser Class... I know that they are badass and kill'em all - but in this episode they looked cute :D
ok maybe not the best word but not threatening to say the least, snails with big eyes

the laser class reminded me on ET ^^
Sep 30, 2012 4:47 PM

Jul 2009
isnt the black tsf the twin sisters?
Sep 30, 2012 5:04 PM

Nov 2008
RIP Latrova. Seems like the sisters went insane or something.
So next episode is recap and that's why there wasn't a preview?
Sep 30, 2012 6:32 PM

Apr 2011
RIP Zhar Battalion. Them being their saved Yuuya's butt.
Sep 30, 2012 7:27 PM

Oct 2011
BULLDOG266 said:
I am interested to see that black TSF again. Why did it attack the commander again?

“Achieve your mission with all your might. Despair not until your last breath. Make your death count!”
Sep 30, 2012 7:27 PM

Jul 2012
i was so happy for yui when yuuya appeared & now that its all over i wonder what the next arc is?
Sep 30, 2012 8:46 PM

Feb 2008
lordzenchi said:
Was a boring end to this episode... I was hoping to see more fighting.

I've been thinking this for basically the whole arc. Last episode Yuuya finally had a chance to fight and was handicapped because he was babysitting Yui, and this week they off-screened the climax of the entire arc. Also more main character fights already :<

I would also be surprised if it wasnt Cryska and Inia in the black TSF. At this point who/what else would it be?

Im excited for the new OP, I hope it's at least half as addicting as the current one. Too bad next week is recap; this has been one of my most anticipated shows lately and now I have to wait two weeks for a new ep...
Sep 30, 2012 8:58 PM

Sep 2010
so FUCKING FINALLY they are catching up to the Kill'em all trope that made the original famous.
RIP Commander. :(

Kerozinn said:
Dalek-baka said:

the laser class reminded me on ET ^^

just to mention that those are the SMALL strain of laser class (Lux: 3 meters, roughly 10 feet) compared to their big, nasty, stupidly powerful brothers (Magnus Lux: 21 meters, 70 feet give or take)
CatastrophicSep 30, 2012 9:08 PM
Sep 30, 2012 9:41 PM

Sep 2012
at first i thought the person approaching Commander Latrova was Yui (idk why)

is it me or does anyone else think the Laser Class BETA gonna use the tech (or whatever) from the "rail-gun" to give themselves a "buff" (assuming the BETA saved the rail gun piece)

also RIP Commander Latrova (loved her the moment i saw her)
The Scarlet Twins!? Why?!

Maybe in next weeks Recap-episode we'll see Yui and Yuuya reunion
Sep 30, 2012 9:47 PM

Nov 2011
Commie included ads. Funny ads. Laser class and their diet pills.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Sep 30, 2012 11:06 PM
Dec 2011
There was a 1.5 minute scene after the credits. Yuuya talks to one of the other guys during a ceremony showing the new 94s that is rebuilt. Did anyone else watch it?

On a side note, are these post-credits scene common in Muv Luv? I may have to go back and watch a few episodes.
Sep 30, 2012 11:48 PM

Jan 2011
Dat black TSF, I have some ideas about who's in there but I'll need to wait to find out.
Commander Latrova died, I wonder if I'll ever know who that kid really was. Was it Bridges after all?
I'm looking forward to more, but next episode is special/recap kind of thing.
ernst said:
Commie included ads. Funny ads. Laser class and their diet pills.

Indeed, I laughed my ass off!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 1, 2012 12:48 AM
Sep 2009
Awww R.I.P Latrova. Like you guys I think the scarlet twins were the one to kill the battalion. Also, the laser class are surprisingly cute looking O.O
Oct 1, 2012 1:33 AM

Nov 2011
Well can't say if it was the scarlet twins that did the deed but the other russian commander said, at time like this we need a hero so he obviously sent someone to kill everybody

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 1, 2012 3:11 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Commander Latrova did a great job under difficult circumstances. Hope that Yuuya honours her in some way or another.

This is still ongoing right? There's still 10 episodes to go and no funny stuff like BD only episodes or the like, right?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 1, 2012 3:46 AM

Mar 2011
Marzan said:
Commander Latrova did a great job under difficult circumstances. Hope that Yuuya honours her in some way or another.

This is still ongoing right? There's still 10 episodes to go and no funny stuff like BD only episodes or the like, right?

Well yes it is still ongoing but next week we will get a shitty summary episode
Oct 1, 2012 5:50 AM

Jul 2011
Good episode!

and ofc...R.I.P Commander Latrova
Oct 1, 2012 7:20 AM

Sep 2010
ZetaGanja said:
is it me or does anyone else think the Laser Class BETA gonna use the tech (or whatever) from the "rail-gun" to give themselves a "buff" (assuming the BETA saved the rail gun piece)

they wont, canon ahead:
the beta dont make use of any human technology, tactics or anything similar to their advantage, they are incredibly dumb, remember a lot of chars refering to them as inferior life forms, but they just push forward with their numbers (on an open battlefield they can outnumber all the deployed TSFs by 20-1 iirc, inside a hive its something like 200-1) so that's enough to have cornered mankind during the last thirtysomething years
Oct 1, 2012 7:21 AM
Sep 2012
doesn't make sense latrova beeing yuuya's mother O.o btw scarlet twins are laboratory experiments and the russians play with them (some parts shown in ep 6/7).
Oct 1, 2012 1:50 PM

Aug 2012
nice ep I guess
Oct 1, 2012 6:27 PM

Sep 2012
Catastrophic said:
ZetaGanja said:

they wont, canon ahead:
the beta dont make use of any human technology, tactics or anything similar to their advantage, they are incredibly dumb, remember a lot of chars refering to them as inferior life forms, but they just push forward with their numbers (on an open battlefield they can outnumber all the deployed TSFs by 20-1 iirc, inside a hive its something like 200-1) so that's enough to have cornered mankind during the last thirtysomething years

Oh OK, i know nothing of the Muv-Luv Universe so i don't know whta the BETA are capable of. i just thought it was odd the BETA were attracted to that rail gun piece and at the same time the Laser Class appear (after 14 eps excluding the pilot episode 1 &2 ) but thanks for the insight
Oct 1, 2012 6:55 PM
Jun 2008
yea can anyone spell conspiracy & that silence any witness about whole bomb base etc on it.

indeed can you say some in the soviet have “dirty secret” do anything put some of units as cannon fodder & “you lived your usefulness” yea don’t trust some higher ranks soviet.

14eps in with series 24eps what next?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Oct 1, 2012 11:35 PM

Jan 2012
laser class looks stoopid. they need a better forecaster in the anime because they suck. on producers side, they need better writers because the fights are plain and bland.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 2, 2012 2:55 AM

Apr 2010
GO_KLAC-IGER said:
yea can anyone spell conspiracy & that silence any witness about whole bomb base etc on it.

indeed can you say some in the soviet have “dirty secret” do anything put some of units as cannon fodder & “you lived your usefulness” yea don’t trust some higher ranks soviet.

14eps in with series 24eps what next?
Same could be said for the US they also have there secrets and will do anything to protect them.
And most likely every country in the world has something they hide from the public.
And there isn't a single government in the world that doesn't have some form of corruption.

About the episode.
The ending left a seriously bitter taste with the Zhar battalion being wiped out some of there members might have done somethings that they shouldn't.
But to wipe out the entire unit for that and to protect a secret that's just pathetic.
Really the higher ups of the Soviets are trash with the way they where trying to accomplish things here.
Oct 2, 2012 7:53 AM

Jul 2010
Good thing Yuuya made it back. Can't say the same for the Zharbattalion and Commander Latrova though. Who or what was that TSF attacking them in the first place?

I couldn't stop laughing at that intermission. Someone dressed up as a laser class to promote the DVD & Blu-ray release. The hell? xD

Oct 2, 2012 11:20 AM

Sep 2010
Finally Zhar Battlion was annihilated.... Only one I somewhat liked was Commander Latrova.....
Oct 2, 2012 7:23 PM

Nov 2010
ZetaGanja said:
Catastrophic said:
ZetaGanja said:

they wont, canon ahead:

Oh OK, i know nothing of the Muv-Luv Universe so i don't know whta the BETA are capable of. i just thought it was odd the BETA were attracted to that rail gun piece and at the same time the Laser Class appear (after 14 eps excluding the pilot episode 1 &2 ) but thanks for the insight

It's quite inaccurate if you follow the VN, though. BETA have their own reasons to gather at that cannon, but telling more will lead to their secrets and motives, which is a gigantic spoiler.

For now just assume that they're well coordinated but stupid, and you may meet with more surprises :p
Oct 2, 2012 8:56 PM

Sep 2010
zeroyuki92 said:
ZetaGanja said:
Catastrophic said:
ZetaGanja said:

they wont, canon ahead:

It's quite inaccurate if you follow the VN, though. BETA have their own reasons to gather at that cannon, but telling more will lead to their secrets and motives, which is a gigantic spoiler.

For now just assume that they're well coordinated but stupid, and you may meet with more surprises :p
ermmmm no, they dont have any reasons but to destroy it, remember the only info compilation the BETA ever did was (HUGE 'ALTERNATIVE' SPOILERS)

they gathered around it only by instinct to 'destroy the most powerful computer on the field' as they usually do
Oct 6, 2012 8:29 AM

Oct 2009
damn ! he don't die, tsss :/

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Season 2?

Allenkilla1 - Jun 11, 2013

45 by SlimShadyArgos1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:23 AM

» Muv Luv's Japanese critique of Americans

Jerrychiang - Aug 3, 2012

45 by 8man226 »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:32 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2012

175 by Zane_0 »»
Aug 9, 2023 10:56 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2012

146 by tinitits »»
Feb 28, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2012

52 by SMmania123 »»
Aug 13, 2022 8:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.