Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 23, 2008 4:46 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The story is progressing fine and is getting better!

aeroNov 17, 2008 3:10 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 24, 2008 9:09 AM
Mar 2008
just hope this series doesn't end into incest relationship ...
Oct 25, 2008 9:08 AM

May 2007
leoneri said:

Well, in the last episode, it was already hinted at that Minato might not really be his sister by blood and that one of them (probably Jun'ichi) might be adopted. So it's a possibility. But yeah, I agree with you. I had called this in the first episode that I expected something like that too happen (though I hoped that it wouldn't), and so far, it may be leaning towards that. But Minato was totally the hottest one of all the girls. :)

And really? A beam sword? Haha, that gave me a good laugh. Not to mention Jun'ichi's line "I won't let your death be in vain" to his sensei. Heh.
Oct 25, 2008 10:51 AM

Jul 2008
This episode was pretty entertaining. I'm really starting to like th characters so far, Minato is probably my favorite. I loved her dress!

I laughed when Katagiri activated the fireworks! She has the worst luck! XD
Oct 25, 2008 10:53 AM

Jul 2008
Siscon, don't judge! And as Vin said, Minato was kinda the hottest of all of the girls >.>

vindemon64 said:
And really? A beam sword? Haha, that gave me a good laugh. Not to mention Jun'ichi's line "I won't let your death be in vain" to his sensei. Heh.

True dat, I really enjoy their teacher for some reason. At least his interactions with Jun seem to make for some rather amusing humor. The beam sword seemed a little unnecessary though, as did Yuuhi's reaction to the... "octopus".

I also can't really help, but feel Nagomi is really, really out of place with this. She scares me :(

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Oct 25, 2008 11:06 AM
Aug 2008
vindemon64 said:

Well, in the last episode, it was already hinted at that Minato might not really be his sister by blood and that one of them (probably Jun'ichi) might be adopted. So it's a possibility.

I really hope that's the case. Four episodes in and I still don't like Yuuhi. Getting scared and hugging Jun after everything doesn't get rid of my dislike for her. Because she's irritated me so much I didn't find the scene with her getting scared and triggering the fireworks funny at all.
Oct 25, 2008 11:20 AM

Sep 2007
You shouldnt be too surprised about possible incest, this is an eroge port after all

Pretty shitty episode, except Minatos Boobs.

Oct 25, 2008 11:48 AM

Aug 2008
The preview sure hinted at MinatoXJunichi, but it wound up it was pretty innocent. Although, looks like it could be elaborated upon later, and as soon as next ep.

Octopus vs jedi scene was really, really dumb. So dumb, in fact, that to date it's the first scene I've ever skipped in anime. And I lost nothing ^_^
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Oct 25, 2008 12:18 PM

Aug 2007
I'm probably the only one who related the octopus fight to No More Heroes instead of Star Wars.

And Minato has pretty much solidified her position at #1 in my girl rankings for this series. She filled out that party dress extremely well.
Oct 25, 2008 12:36 PM

Feb 2008
That was funny.
Better than the last episode.
All glory to the Tuna fish!
Oct 25, 2008 1:41 PM
Dec 2007
Better than the last episode. I'm hoping the relationship between Jun and Katagiri progresses more.
Oct 25, 2008 1:46 PM

Jun 2008
well, I've played the game, but yes - last episode they brought up the question that they may not be related.

Either way, forbidden love is most cute .___. (aslong as they don't do anything ><)

booooooo! Not Katagiri! Minato!! :3

Oct 25, 2008 1:53 PM

Sep 2007
Wow, that was pretty terrible. Man dressed up as octopus to instill fear in people? A freaking lightsaber that didn't slice? Forced romantic moment between Jun and Yuuhi at the end? Bleh. Only part I liked was Yuuhi's dress. Minato's was good too.
Oct 25, 2008 2:44 PM

Mar 2008
Well, still only average, but at least better than the really bad last episode and I had a few laughs off this one.

The reaction joke to the girls was very old, but the exact way Jun reacted was funny. Yuuhi getting really scared by the octopus was most awesome.

Anyway, I also root for Jun x Minato. But those kind of shows mostly disappoint in the end regarding romance, so I wouldn't have too much high hopes for a decent end.
Oct 25, 2008 2:49 PM

Aug 2008
This episode was really bad. So boring, stupid and cliche. Another nail in the coffin.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 25, 2008 2:53 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yeah it wasn't that great. It really has to start picking up now. There were a few funny scenes but overall I feel like a few things are missing.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 25, 2008 2:55 PM

Jan 2007
that was retarted. I dislike Karen and this was a waste of an episode. the only good side was the development/implications on the Minato x Junichi x Yuuhi front.
Oct 25, 2008 3:48 PM

Jan 2008
Rosencruez said:
I'm probably the only one who related the octopus fight to No More Heroes instead of Star Wars.

And Minato has pretty much solidified her position at #1 in my girl rankings for this series. She filled out that party dress extremely well.

Best wii game ever, and totally agree about Minato. As nice and cool of a girl as yuuhi is, i think it would make for a juicy story if there was a minato x junichi thing (oh the scandal). And as Trineas said, it is a erogame port so it wouldn't be so far fetched. secret agents fighting giant octo? wtf.
Oct 25, 2008 4:14 PM

Feb 2008
Minato is completely keeping this show afloat, haven't seen such a nice/cute/capable girl in anime in a while. And to be honest, her boobs are awesome. Also, I think this is my third favorite Aya voice, after Haruhi and Konata.
Karen isn't too bad though, she's so incredibly silly, I laughed at her joke and I laughed at how stupid the octopus thing was. Come on people, it's meant to be dumb, if you can't handle dumb once in a while, stop watching anime.

Jun-ichi went back to his badass self this week, by ignoring all the girls but Minato, that was great! I'm hoping for a Jun-ichi/Minato ending but I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen.
Oct 25, 2008 4:28 PM

Jun 2008
nice episode

Nagomi is great XD

Zeinzu-samaOct 25, 2008 4:36 PM
Oct 25, 2008 4:51 PM

Mar 2008
Nice plot development, but that octopus bit really annoyed me...
Oct 25, 2008 4:59 PM
Dec 2007
Not a nice episode at all. We got Ren-Ren making an idiot of herself and Minato X Jun vibes. No, just no. I don't care how you reason it, but the fact remains that his reaction and his thoughts are just disgusting. It just shows the guy is really a creep in the end (which was obvious ever since he forcibly kissed Yuuhi and refused to say sorry for it).

Oct 25, 2008 5:06 PM

Sep 2007
Nagomi and Minato are definitely the best characters in the show. However, this episode was severely lacking.

Incest pairings are all over the place in doujins and h-games, nothing to be surprised about.
Oct 25, 2008 5:47 PM

Dec 2007
It must be the name Junichi. The OTHER Junichi in Da Capo started an incestual relationship too. XD

Either way, this anime is really going nowhere fast. It is yet another case of impressive cast of characters and even more impressive cast of seiyuus, but no storyline to back it up. This episode made it all the more horrible.
Oct 25, 2008 6:19 PM

Aug 2008
HalberdierRetsel said:
It must be the name Junichi. The OTHER Junichi in Da Capo started an incestual relationship too. XD

Either way, this anime is really going nowhere fast. It is yet another case of impressive cast of characters and even more impressive cast of seiyuus, but no storyline to back it up. This episode made it all the more horrible.

I agree with you, it has good chars and everything but they rly need a nice storyline other wise it'd be just another one of those average ones.
Oct 25, 2008 6:20 PM

Jun 2008
I agree with the main sentiment in this thread -- better than ep3 but still average. The Jedi vs. Octopus scene is bizarre enough that I kind of enjoyed it, and the teacher is awesome, but man, I really want to drop this series now (I had the same feeling the whole time I watched Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu). If the next ep does not pick up, then I think I will drop this.
Oct 25, 2008 6:41 PM

Jan 2008
I think a major problem is that the series is too campy.
Oct 25, 2008 7:28 PM

Dec 2007
cliched show is cliched...
i let out one big "MEH" after the credits started to roll.

Quarter of the way through... I'm just going to finish this show come hell or high water.
Oct 25, 2008 7:33 PM

Feb 2008
The episode was okay. I'm liking Minato more than Yuuhi; she's pretty much just less annoying. For me the only thing Yuuhi has going for her is KugiRie + sleepwalking, whilst Minato is overall a very nice character ^^

Ren-ren was extremely annoying. I KNOW it was supposed to be dumb, but honestly, I couldn't help but facepalm @ the octopus scene. Yuuhi actually being afraid of the octopus made her more irritating than cute.

Nagomi, however, is win. At this point I'm mostly watching this series for her and Minato.
Shana is love.

Oct 25, 2008 9:03 PM

Aug 2008
vindemon64 said:
leoneri said:

Well, in the last episode, it was already hinted at that Minato might not really be his sister by blood and that one of them (probably Jun'ichi) might be adopted. So it's a possibility. But yeah, I agree with you. I had called this in the first episode that I expected something like that too happen (though I hoped that it wouldn't), and so far, it may be leaning towards that. But Minato was totally the hottest one of all the girls. :)

LOL Who cares! Isn't it the same with Yaoi and Yuri stuff? xD
And yea, the beam sword and Jun's lines were hilarious :3

Zeinzu-sama said:
nice episode

Nagomi is great XD

Agreed!
My favorite characters here are: Yuuhi, Minato, and Nagomi ~Mainly for appearance :D
GenixOct 25, 2008 9:07 PM
Oct 25, 2008 9:59 PM

Apr 2007
stupid episode indeed.

best part was nagomi's fufufu~
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Oct 25, 2008 10:39 PM

Oct 2008
angel999 said:
The whole submarine with Junichi's parents is LOL but also weird.......unless the thing is some sort of SUPER MECHANICAL WEAPON! Then it must be destroyed most likely.

Yeah if torpedoes cant work against that thing... yeah might as well go out swimming to fight it one on one clever way of thinking!

nihil said:
stupid episode indeed.
best part was nagomi's fufufu~

lol exactly my thoughts best part of it :D
Oct 25, 2008 10:56 PM

Nov 2007
i dont know how people are saying this episode is better than the last. this one was craptastic. several times in the episode i had to pause it and go wtf, did that really just happen...how dumb.

i can deal and like cliches if they are done well, but these were just horrible.

yeah and the cut scenes to junichi's parents....i felt like stabbing my eyes. ugh so disappointed considering i was looking forward to this new episode.
Oct 25, 2008 11:32 PM

Sep 2008
A waste of 22 minutes. No humor. No significant plot progression. Nothing. The first three episodes left the door open for at least some potential good to come from this series, but this episode promptly slammed that shut. Really, really bad episode.
Oct 26, 2008 12:13 AM

May 2008
Not bad enough to drop. Not good enough to really look forward to.

"Krijg toch allemaal de klere. Val van mijn part allemaal dood."
Oct 26, 2008 2:03 AM
Oct 2008
Still dont get why the parents are in this show its frustrating i hope they play a role later on, and with nagi nagi talking to some unknown person about these people in questiion its very interesting to see where that will lead to but other then that its a alright romance humor worked better in this episode then ones in the past
Oct 26, 2008 2:50 AM

Jul 2008
Wow, that was so lovely episode \o/ All that party theam was so interesting that aws. Dresses were awesome, Yuuhi's and Minato's were the best. But some way I hope that there would be incest or yuri, but some way I don't wanna that happen @_____@ But this serie is in that way good, that there is no story line particularly.

And I laught when Yuuhi was scared of Octopus-san :''''D

Oct 26, 2008 7:10 AM

Dec 2007
meh.. wasn't really a good episode. This show lacks storyline, though the characters are considerably interesting.
Oct 26, 2008 11:30 AM

Aug 2007
Trineas said:
You shouldnt be too surprised about possible incest, this is an eroge port after all

Pretty shitty episode, except Minatos Boobs.

Agreed. Minato boobs were <3

Hoping for a Minato x Junichi ending.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Oct 26, 2008 1:19 PM
Sep 2007
This show kind of .. confuses me. Like heck, I can't take it serious. Not even in the ways I take good comedy shows serious.

For me it sems like Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka itself does not know which route to take, and I'm pretty sure I'll be dropping it if this won't change during the next few episodes.
Oct 26, 2008 3:02 PM

Feb 2008
What a waste of hot anime girls :/ I liked episode 3 better (although episode 3 barely had any Minato in it, when Minato is LOVE! <3<3)
And wtf, the 3 girls cook for everyone in the party?
And the deredere scene with Yuuhi didn't last for too long^^' I think I like Minato better <3
Oh and incest is good :) although I have a feeling that it won't turn out to become real incest, as hinted by one of the previous episodes
Aww well, not dropping.

Oct 26, 2008 4:14 PM

Jul 2007
Fun anime to watch, I enjoyed this ep alot.

Minato ftw and the fish gift from Nagomi. :D
Oct 26, 2008 5:12 PM

Jun 2007
so, is all this hinting to Minato x Junichi going to happen, or is this anime going to betray me and go for a yuuhi x junichi in the end... or will it exceed my expectations and have a Minato x Junichi x Yuuhi ending?

anyways, the episode was ok. Minato was the best for sure.
Nagomi was a little bit... no, really weird, but i guess it is ok.
everybody's (girls) outfits were really cute. specially (oh noes) Minato.
so yuuhi is also a bad cook.....
i had a smile on my face at the light saber.... but none more than that, i actually found it pretty... umm.. not funny
althought yuuhi did go pretty cute at the end when she cried to junichi, and hugged him.
next episode should be at least interesting.
Oct 26, 2008 5:37 PM

Oct 2008
I found the episode rather entertaining. Sure it was dumb, but as someone said, it's passable. There were some good comedy moments there, especially the Junichi-Sensei convos that have been very funny so far. :D
Nice to see Junichi and Yuuhi getting closer too, but... I, too, am rooting for Junichi x Minato - she's just so cute! And the pairing would be interesting as well. Oh well, hopefully the show picks up a faster pace from now on.
Oct 26, 2008 6:39 PM

Feb 2008
ok so whats the story again?
Oct 26, 2008 7:58 PM
Dec 2007
kisami said:
ok so whats the story again?
I suppose there's something about Jun and Yuuhi being engaged, but no, that doesn't sounds campy enough. It's obviously about Mama and Papa defying common logic and their children defying moral standards. With a tsundere in the middle.

Btw, on more serious terms, doesn't Sensei mimics the fashion style of Nabari no Ou's Kumohira-Sensei? Actually, scratch that, they are like clones.

Oct 26, 2008 9:50 PM

Dec 2007
Alright epiosde, but it keeps better, at least. I am surprised that Junichi is seeing Minato's boobs. There's a possible that Minato was adopted. If there's an incest relationship for some reason, I will be interested in that one. The octopus fight was waste of time for the episode. Minato <333
Oct 26, 2008 10:54 PM

Jul 2008
I don't see why everyone wants a Minato and Junichi ending. Oh thats right, her boobs and Hirano is voicing her. If this show ends with them together I will be so disappointed. For one, Minato is so annoying. She's so generic with her niceness. I've seen it repeatedly in anime and I'm sick of it. Yuuhi's not very orginial either, but she's better than Minato.

Also, regardless of if they're related by blood or not. It's distrubing to see two people that call each other siblings and act like it as well, end up together. I mean, really, think about it. Thats the one thing I can't ignore in a series. It just doesn't seem right.

I hope Junichi and Yuuhi's date in the next episode progresses their relationship. The best part of this episode was Junichi's "I won't let you're death be in vain".
Oct 27, 2008 12:43 AM

Jan 2008
That was a lame episode.
Oct 27, 2008 1:32 AM

Aug 2007
Ever since episode 1 Minato was my favorite. And every episode she keeps on getting some points. So Minato is winning against all the other girls in a huge landslide to me.

patient_senses said:
I don't see why everyone wants a Minato and Junichi ending. Oh thats right, her boobs and Hirano is voicing her. If this show ends with them together I will be so disappointed. For one, Minato is so annoying. She's so generic with her niceness. I've seen it repeatedly in anime and I'm sick of it. Yuuhi's not very orginial either, but she's better than Minato.

Also, regardless of if they're related by blood or not. It's distrubing to see two people that call each other siblings and act like it as well, end up together. I mean, really, think about it. Thats the one thing I can't ignore in a series. It just doesn't seem right.

I hope Junichi and Yuuhi's date in the next episode progresses their relationship. The best part of this episode was Junichi's "I won't let you're death be in vain".

You think it's disturbing, but when you think about it, it may be disturbing if they were together their whole lives. But they said in one of the earlier episodes that they were seperated for a while.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 18, 2008

244 by Satoshi12ia »»
Yesterday, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 5, 2008

109 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jul 17, 2023 12:07 PM

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Nov 13, 2008

66 by Punkero »»
May 25, 2022 7:10 PM

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Oct 1, 2008

181 by Abhinandan2002 »»
Dec 28, 2021 9:52 AM

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 11, 2008

76 by Amatniki »»
Mar 28, 2021 1:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.