Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2008 2:21 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's in so come one and post your comments. I for one AMAZING ART!

SUBS ARE IN!

*Mod edit*
aeroNov 17, 2008 3:35 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 6, 2008 2:44 PM
Oct 2008
It was cool!

The song is as good as the first one
Oct 6, 2008 4:28 PM

Oct 2007
Wow, wow that was amazing. Better then i ever could have imagined.
Oct 6, 2008 4:30 PM

Feb 2008
*Speechless*
mflatischler.tk - My Manga translations and transcriptions
Anime in Blu-ray
あなたの人種、年齢、宗教は問いません
Oct 6, 2008 7:05 PM

Jul 2008
BTW anyone can translate the stuff in German and on the desk PLEASE DO!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 6, 2008 7:27 PM

Jul 2008
AntiDentite said:
Mizuki was in the first season, by the way. She was Kei's friend, and the girl who loved Hiro's manga.
angel999 said:

AntiDentite said:
Mizuki was in the first season, by the way. She was Kei's friend, and the girl who loved Hiro's manga.

If that's the case why she staying now at Renji's and why do they mention her from Australia??? Seems lots puzzle pieces are coming together BUT I STILL LOVE THE ART! Got get that fanbook of this once it comes out or PILLOW!
Oct 6, 2008 7:34 PM

Jan 2008
Watching the raw... omg...

*_______*

Can't wait for the subs!

Oct 6, 2008 10:44 PM

Nov 2007
what sub group is doing this?
Oct 6, 2008 11:07 PM
Jul 2008
Wow...
i'm speechless...
and i didn't even understand a word they said.....
Oct 6, 2008 11:24 PM

Feb 2008
angel999 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's in so come one and post your comments. I for one AMAZING ART!

HERE RAW! h**p://www.tokyotosho.com/index.php?cat=7

Well after checking it a few times I have to say that I AM NOW O_O O_O O_O O_O O_O O_O O_O O_O O_O O_O O_O O_O

*Calms down* Alright I will RIGHT NOW explain for those who have a hard time with Japanese. Basically we are first introduced to Himura's past by having a drink and talking with Shuichi. His past revealed another girl by the name of Nagi that really hated him when she found out about him seeing another girl which was Yuko at that time.

From the looks on his expression he still regrets that day. WELL DAH! Nagi let him see her body and I would understand her after such even though it was for art. BTW I HATE THAT SCENE OF THE NAKED BODY. They really emphasized it more than I though and they might on the DVD and I see that it might be the case. There is difference between showing it for a purpose and showing more than necessary....the bra and panties crap better not repeat too much.

Renji is back!!!!!!!!! He now has some relative from Australia by the name of Mizuki and she seems in love with him......She says at one point that she has a nice body and was willing to revela her top. O_O WTF? Seriously if I smell too much ecchi I AM GOING BERSERK! The first season even in the DVDs I found it more artitistic but this is just feeding with spoon literally!

Finally in the last segment we found it about the disease and Shuichi has and that he needs meds or dies simply. Also he seems to have some sort of weird reaction....I was thinking he was going to rape Mizuki or something cause the masks looked like evil and MANIACAL! Since techincally he has nothing to lose......who knows but maybe not but there IS SOMETHING fishy about his reaction towards Misuki when she was staying there.

LOVE THE MUSIC! LOVE THE ART! PLEASE A LITTLE LESS ECCHI AND IT WILL BE PERFECT!

If you have QUESTIONS GO AHEAD! I want to help all understand if anyone wants to.

HIGHLIGHTS

THIS IS WHAT I DID NOT APPRECIATE AT ALL AND SEASON ONE WAS NOT LIKE THAT!

acejem said:
/palmface at the fanservice scene

note to directors, fanservice destroys not elaborates. hoping this doesn't ruin the sequel of my most favourite romance anime of 2007.

now wut u ppl r talkin about
all anime need some kind of fanservice for real men here
even though it was short im still grateful to the producer of ef
n i still like how ef is all about romance
Oct 6, 2008 11:40 PM

Jul 2008

note to directors, fanservice destroys not elaborates. hoping this doesn't ruin the sequel of my most favourite romance anime of 2007.

Look like I said a little ok like with Chihiro and Renji at the end of 1st season...ok but this is noooooooo! Too long and too much as revealing. This supposed to romance not nudity. The pic of Yuko by the sea........that is what I LIKE.
Oct 6, 2008 11:59 PM

Apr 2008
angel999 said:

it's German :D

I'm at work now, so I can't watch the Epi >.<
mEdiApAcKOct 7, 2008 12:04 AM

Oct 7, 2008 12:32 AM

Feb 2008
angel999 said:

Look like I said a little ok like with Chihiro and Renji at the end of 1st season...ok but this is noooooooo! Too long and too much as revealing. This supposed to romance not nudity. The pic of Yuko by the sea........that is what I LIKE.
acejem said:
seriously, fanservice and ecchi is innappropriate for this anime. ef tale of memories, it had close to zero fanservice (unless you count the few seconds of hiro/miyamura and chihiro/renjii) and it was considered a masterpiece. clannad and kanon had zero fanservice and was considered masterpiece by most (although personally i don't like key series that much). 5cm per second by makoto shinkai had no fanservice and was considered masterpiece. the best anime, particularily of the romance/drama genre contains little or no fanservice.

apart from that nasty scene i would say so far its just as good as the first season. gave it a 8/10 for now but get rid of the unneccesary scenes and it will get a solid 9/10 like the first season.

k i get ur reasons n i respect them, but thats not wut majority men thinks. men watchin anime needs fanservice unless ur a fag weaboo or something. and i dont think just like one or two fanservice makes it a big deal i mean it still has romance n psychological stuffs. dats all im saying
Oct 7, 2008 12:44 AM
Jul 2008
It seems to have the same interesting aesthetics as the first season. That alone is a good enough reason to watch it even in the unlikely event that it turns out to suck as badly as Clannad. <3
Oct 7, 2008 1:10 AM

Jul 2008
absolutely awesome anime, art music etc as always so nothing to complain.
Mai Goto as mizuki is great, begin to love her voice. laughed hard when the op had german, it would be really strange if they sang it in german ^^;

really laughed at that one^^
i can see da capo, little buster, negima, fate stay night, evangelion(nearly),maybe two hearts and true tears too ? ^^;

and regarding the fanservice, it is ok, because the anime is from a eroge.
So i think its pretty normal for the producers to make some 1 or 2 scene that have a little adult content.

Oct 7, 2008 2:51 AM

Feb 2008
angel999 said:

I've deleted my (crappy) raw already, so if you have screenshots you want to have translated, I can do it for all.
Anime in Blu-ray
あなたの人種、年齢、宗教は問いません
Oct 7, 2008 4:29 AM
Oct 2008
Hopefully the Fan Subs are released soon! Cannot wait.

As for Fan Service, its really unnecessary for quality anime like this, all it does is make it harder for me to show an otherwise excellent series to girls!
Oct 7, 2008 6:00 AM

Jul 2008
mflatischler said:
angel999 said:

I've deleted my (crappy) raw already, so if you have screenshots you want to have translated, I can do it for all.

How about what is in the pic first???

Ceptryn said:
Hopefully the Fan Subs are released soon! Cannot wait.

As for Fan Service, its really unnecessary for quality anime like this, all it does is make it harder for me to show an otherwise excellent series to girls!

I agreed with the above! That is precisely my REASON! Makes it hard to have other people watch it....especially younger ones.
Oct 7, 2008 6:18 AM

Feb 2008

One Smile for way home

won't even stop now
floating from Heaven downwards
Anime in Blu-ray
あなたの人種、年齢、宗教は問いません
Oct 7, 2008 6:29 AM

Jul 2008
mflatischler said:

One Smile for way home

won't even stop now
floating from Heaven downwards

Cool thanks...I will edit this message a little later on with more pics of the German so you come back and THANKS! Just from that I see determination towards happiness BUT I also fear it may mean either Mizuki snatching Renji away from Chihiro or Shuichi doing something to Mitsuki.

Here are the REST OF THEM! Translating these will give us a better understanding just like it was the case for the first season since I did understand more by following the meaning of that text in the OP.
1&2

3&4

5&6

7&8

9&10

11&12

13&14

15&16

17&18

angel999Oct 7, 2008 8:25 AM
Oct 7, 2008 6:32 AM

Oct 2008
this sht rite here is the SHIT
mayne i nvr seen anime like this before
god but i cant understand wtf they r saying
fckin japs make all the good sht there anime n bape
Oct 7, 2008 6:49 AM
Jul 2018
currently im waiting on subs for this and vampire knight guilty... and soon nodame cantabile paris chapter when the 1st ep airs on 10/10/08...

so much good anime sequels at the end of the year lol.
Oct 7, 2008 7:50 AM

Feb 2008
about the desk:

read from right to left
shitsu no machi kou bi

read from left to right
bi machi shitsu kouya

Something like: go to the town office

my thoughts to this: send a sms or an email damnit and dont vandalize the school xD
mflatischlerOct 7, 2008 8:46 AM
Anime in Blu-ray
あなたの人種、年齢、宗教は問いません
Oct 7, 2008 9:15 AM

Feb 2008
2: Even if the Darkness breaks your memories into pieces, it wouldn't even stop now.
4: With a smile way home, searching for my long lost voice.
7: Stop the forgotten figures searching for grief.
9: Memories sealed in my chest, I'm recalling

with stretched out hands, I'm running
chasing your shadows
10: I believe in you, but I'm worried that I met your voice in my dreams.
11: To the time we met before, our hands crossed each other.
13: Fragments of your dreams slipping by from my hand
I dash to search for the lost answer
14: with a smile way home
searching for my long lost voice
the darkness befalling my memories
it wouldn't even stop now
15: A pure white feather floating from heaven above
16: Memories sealed in my chest, I'm recalling
17: Broken heart healing, hearing a gentle tune
18: A faraway heaven beyond the windows
watching the unreachable clouds
19: (same as 18)

need bigger screenshots from the rest
mflatischlerOct 7, 2008 9:19 AM
Anime in Blu-ray
あなたの人種、年齢、宗教は問いません
Oct 7, 2008 9:56 AM

Jul 2008
mflatischler said:
2: Even if the Darkness breaks your memories into pieces, it wouldn't even stop now.
4: With a smile way home, searching for my long lost voice.
7: Stop the forgotten figures searching for grief.
9: Memories sealed in my chest, I'm recalling

with stretched out hands, I'm running
chasing your shadows
10: I believe in you, but I'm worried that I met your voice in my dreams.
11: To the time we met before, our hands crossed each other.
13: Fragments of your dreams slipping by from my hand
I dash to search for the lost answer
14: with a smile way home
searching for my long lost voice
the darkness befalling my memories
it wouldn't even stop now
15: A pure white feather floating from heaven above
16: Memories sealed in my chest, I'm recalling
17: Broken heart healing, hearing a gentle tune
18: A faraway heaven beyond the windows
watching the unreachable clouds
19: (same as 18)

need bigger screenshots from the rest

OK! BIG THANKS! I UNDERSTAND MORE!
THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!

and

a millions times.

Based on what you translated I think Hayama likes Renji but he likes Chihiro so there will be a struggle kind of like Kei and Miyamura were when they loved Hiro. I think there might something like that happening but DARKNESS AND MEMORIES but also sealed up and a miracle to unseal them? Sounds so deep need more translations.

I will try to put up bigger pictures but will have to put spoiler buttons cause Cyruz does not like it when the pics are too big.
angel999Oct 7, 2008 9:59 AM
Oct 7, 2008 10:13 AM

Feb 2008
Doittashimashite. =)
Anime in Blu-ray
あなたの人種、年齢、宗教は問いません
Oct 7, 2008 10:15 AM

Jun 2008
RAGE

Want the fucking subs now. >_<
Oct 7, 2008 1:39 PM

Jun 2008
WHERE IS THE FUCKING SUBS D: IT'S AIRING ALLREADY! COME OOOON.
This is just torture!

I won't watch the RAW I wan't to understan it from the beginning D: but it's painful!
Oct 7, 2008 2:47 PM

Apr 2008
nobody is subbing this in english?! T_T
Oct 7, 2008 3:26 PM

Jul 2008
Kyon97 said:
nobody is subbing this in english?! T_T

HERE!!!!!!!! h**p://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=35365

I finally saw this subbed! There is a part that SHOCKED ME.......WTH is Shuiichi mean exactly by doing it wihtout a condom????? Is he trying to fu** Mizuki??? THAT IS WRONG! She is underage is she not? This is Australia on top of that and I know laws there are really bad bad against pedophiles so if he does anything to Mizuki....I AM GOING TO GET PISSED! Kei X Mizuki......at least they are the same age more or less but Kei is with that guy that makes movies so.

Philosophy 101....a city that has shadows.....a past buried deep and a light that people live in it. Well I guess the war and natural disasters really screwed it over and the city like my doubts were in season 1.......it has many nasty secrets that we have yet to know.
angel999Oct 7, 2008 5:47 PM
Oct 7, 2008 3:37 PM
Dec 2007
Hmmm nothing changed from the first season, the direction is still perfect, just like the music, the OP is fantastic, and half of the story seems awesome to me. Unfortunately, Renji (and Chihiro too I guess) is still there and he highly annoys me and I can't care less about what's happening to him and Chihiro, just like the first season... But I'm pretty happy that the second season is out and it seems to have switched to new characters. Anyway, I'll watch it fully of course !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 7, 2008 6:27 PM

Oct 2007
chihrio is subbing this. they didn't quite get the op finished on time, but the show itself is complete
Oct 7, 2008 6:52 PM

Apr 2008
just watched it, it seems very interesting, and the animation is spectacular

this and clannad after story are definitely the best shows of this season
Oct 7, 2008 8:08 PM

Jun 2008
ummm...im alittle confused from the first episode...what is the main couple in this season? i mean the was renji and chihiro in the first season, but i cant figure out who it is this season...is it mizuki and that guy with the masks and school girl outfits...cause...im sorry but thats kinda creepy, i mean he's like 30 years old...and shes like 16...

Oct 7, 2008 8:51 PM

Mar 2008
MyFriendSam said:
ummm...im alittle confused from the first episode...what is the main couple in this season? i mean the was renji and chihiro in the first season, but i cant figure out who it is this season...is it mizuki and that guy with the masks and school girl outfits...cause...im sorry but thats kinda creepy, i mean he's like 30 years old...and shes like 16...

jeez, let it develop. there is no rule that every show has to have one main couple either.

few animes ever seriously tackle the idea of a much older person having a romantic relationship with someone much younger, i think if this anime does do that, it could be interesting. just because its weird doesnt mean its a subject not worth exploring. plus its more interesting if a show draws out conflicting feelings from you about the characters' actions and relationships, it shows depth.
Oct 7, 2008 9:18 PM
Jun 2007
I smell incest on this one. =) Yes by incest I meant blood-related. Are Yu and Yuko bro/sis? I guess we'll see soon. Though it would be interesting if they were. =P
Anyway great episode. I can't wait for the rest~
MyFriendSam said:
im sorry but thats kinda creepy, i mean he's like 30 years old...and shes like 16...

If that's the case, then I'm guessing ef melodies is concentrated to forbidden relationships? ^_^
giossOct 7, 2008 9:25 PM
Oct 7, 2008 9:28 PM

Jul 2008
Drengot said:
I smell incest on this one. =) Yes by incest I meant blood-related. Are Yu and Yuko bro/sis? I guess we'll see soon. Though it would be interesting if they were. =P
MyFriendSam said:
im sorry but thats kinda creepy, i mean he's like 30 years old...and shes like 16...

If that's the case, then I'm guessing ef melodies is concentrated to forbidden relationships? ^_^

I smell big mind screw up coming up. Better psychic up!

MyFriendSam said:

He will die of his illness so he therefore has nothing to lose if he does something as stupid and indecent as he may. That would however ruin the other person for LIFE!
Oct 7, 2008 10:02 PM

Oct 2007
I was a little hesitant about watching this, since I loved the first ef, but after watching the first episode, all I can say is wow, they did a great job. I hope the rest of the series is as good.

I do agree with the comments about the ecchi though, it was out of place for this series.
Oct 8, 2008 2:56 AM

Dec 2007
Interesting so far. I've been looking forward to this series.
Oct 8, 2008 3:42 AM

Jul 2008
Flibbertigibbet said:
Drengot said:
I got the impression Yuuko was an orphan or something, and she was taken in by Yuu's family for a while, but now she's with a new family.

Yeah me too I though the same based on what she said but it might be also a fact she lost her family and Yuu might be responsible.....why would she say she still hates him......for what? Did he murder her? Remember the first season there were lots of hints she is more of a spirit than human. Hmmmmmmm.

Flibbertigibbet said:
Drengot said:
I got the impression Yuuko was an orphan or something, and she was taken in by Yuu's family for a while, but now she's with a new family.

angel999 said:
I finally saw this subbed! There is a part that SHOCKED ME.......WTH is Shuiichi mean exactly by doing it wihtout a condom????? Is he trying to fu** Mizuki??? THAT IS WRONG! She is underage is she not? This is Australia on top of that and I know laws there are really bad bad against pedophiles so if he does anything to Mizuki....I AM GOING TO GET PISSED! Kei X Mizuki......at least they are the same age more or less but Kei is with that guy that makes movies so.
It was just a sexual joke, because that's who he is.

How do you know that for sure. He seemed not to joking about it. I did not see him as joking plus he looks like he had many relations so who knows really.
angel999Oct 8, 2008 5:26 AM
Oct 8, 2008 4:50 AM

Mar 2008
Another eccentric OP. Can't wait for the good version of the episode to come out

Good thing they didn't try too hard to make it completely different to the first season

Really enjoying the new cast (probably cause they're all eccentric in their own ways)

Didn't expect Renji to come out, thought it was gonna be a massive flashback on Kuze's and Homura's past ful on.
Oct 8, 2008 6:40 AM

Sep 2008
that was akward. i thought mizuki was gonna have brown hair D: looks more blondish in the episode.
Oct 8, 2008 7:55 AM

Oct 2007
darth_lex said:
that was akward. i thought mizuki was gonna have brown hair D: looks more blondish in the episode.

Where did the brown hair idea come from? She had blonde hair when she appeared in ef - a tale of memories.
Oct 8, 2008 8:26 AM

Jun 2008
MyFriendSam said:

Lulz. >_>

Its the fucking first episode.
Oct 8, 2008 8:33 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Can't say the first episode thrilled or disappointed. It was comfortable and enjoyable. The rhythm is the same as the previous season, the art and the manner. It's nice to see it return. Now I can't wait for things to start getting dramatic!

Nothing really particular stuck out at me, except for the scene with Yu and Yuko at the beach, when she stepped into the water and all the droplets froze in the air - very nice touch :D I was really looking forward to hearing about Yu and Yuko's story, but I suppose we'll be time jumping (something that I didn't expect).

The OP was nice, but didn't really stand out as much as the previous season's (imho). This one will probably grow on me, though. Glad they got Elisa to do it again :D

Edit: Forgot to mention: I picked up Chihiro's subs, and I was disappointed. Looks like I'll be waiting for Menclave's subs from now on.
KinetaOct 8, 2008 8:41 AM
Oct 8, 2008 9:08 AM
Feb 2008
For those who can't hear the Opening Lyric very well....

Opening Lyric (TV-Size)

At first, I thought it's in German (Because of the Background Text), but actually it's in English.

Source: Ruezu on YT
Oct 8, 2008 9:39 AM

Apr 2008
The part "I prefer it bare too, more so than with a condom" shocked me °_____° Is not a miss sub? O_o

Oct 8, 2008 10:07 AM
Oct 2008
Hah, yeah, I almost coughed up my coke reading that condom bi :). That's Kuze's personality I guess!

Love the artwork, and the music... but hey, I thought Chihiro moved in with Rengi?
Oct 8, 2008 11:04 AM

Dec 2007
Faust87 said:
The part "I prefer it bare too, more so than with a condom" shocked me °_____° Is not a miss sub? O_o

the japanese word for "live" is the same as the word for "bare" (as in sex)... Mizuki was referencing his live performance, and Kuze joked about liking it bare.
Oct 8, 2008 12:21 PM

Sep 2008
Shiroth said:
darth_lex said:

Where did the brown hair idea come from? She had blonde hair when she appeared in ef - a tale of memories.

in pics of the game she kind of looks more brown haired oh well not that big of a deal. it looks like they changed that in the anime then and did she have blond hair in memories? i kinda forget lol
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Nov 10, 2008

191 by lucio54 »»
Dec 18, 2023 7:40 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

aidouca - Dec 22, 2008

257 by SenpaiMY92 »»
Dec 10, 2023 7:20 AM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 16, 2008

87 by Shocked »»
Nov 30, 2023 5:54 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 8, 2008

196 by Shocked »»
Nov 30, 2023 5:54 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 2, 2008

84 by Shocked »»
Nov 30, 2023 5:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.