Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 3, 2008 10:44 AM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It shouldn't be long before Emiya's ideals are shattered. I really wonder if anybody would not summon his servant and face another servant alone. Seems like bull to me.
Dec 11, 2008 9:43 PM

Jul 2008
DAMN. I agree with Archer... Shiro is really naive and... -.- I dont know how to describe him.

Dec 19, 2008 1:32 PM

Jun 2008
I like Shiro's sense of justice. But winning without sacrifices... It just doesn't work out like that.
Mar 15, 2009 9:19 PM

Oct 2008
It's amazing how naive Shirou can be even when the reality of the situation is around him all the time. The words he says, the actions he takes. Even the part while he was having that conversation with Rin in her house.

I got so irritated while watching him, I zoned out a little over the course of the episode.

Apr 27, 2009 9:38 AM

Jan 2009
Ah another idealist who thinks the world is just a bed of roses. Maybe Emiya would finally grow up after someone dies. Is the master of rider Shinji by any chance?
Jun 4, 2009 5:49 AM

Jul 2008
We'll see how this path works out for Shirou. Oh, and I'm liking Tohsaka more and more.
Jun 4, 2009 8:45 PM

Oct 2008
Foolish ideals? Shirow..

[spoilers]Not ordering his Servant to devour the souls of innocent civilians as a means to stock up on mana.. Not wanting to see Saber get hurt, so Shirow fought an enemy Servant all by himself with just a broken leg of the desk wreckage.. Not wanting to use the command spells as that there is only three.. Not wanting to kill the enemy Masters.. Don't agree with needless bloodshed..

Luckily, Tohsaka Rin appeared in time to save Shirow from his possible death wish. Rider had withdrew from battle.. Speaking of Tohsaka Rin, it was only minutes before she was fully prepared to kill Shirow or possibly tear his arm and hand off to obtain the command spells to summon and control Saber. Although Shirow and Rin likes each other but unfortunately, since they are both Masters in the Holy Grail War, it is their destiny to pursue and kill each other. Unfortunately, Shirow takes things too carefree and not serious enough..

Even though it was only a minute after Tohsaka Rin was above to kill him, he took a critical injury for her as soon as an enemy Servant attacked in an attempt of ambush. In the end, they manage to have a temporary truce so that they can team up to take down the vicious Master who is most likely Shinji..

I guess.. An enemy of an enemy may not always turn out to be an ally. Although, both Tohsaka Rin and Emiya Shirow are being targetted by Rider and Berserker, yet Rin is reluctant to team up with Shirow but instead have the full intentions of murdering him once the common enemy is removed from existence.

From the looks of how Shirow does things..

Sep 16, 2009 10:52 PM

Aug 2008
So true.... Shirou's ideals are quite impossible in this place.... I guess he'll die... Or Saber will suffer a painful existence... So far looks like Saber is as naive as him... I just hope this doesn't end horrible for either Saber or Rin... Rin too... Man I dunno why she agreed to have a truce with him... He's a bad magician... Oh well whatever... Will Rin fall in love with Shirou... will Shirou fall too? oOH

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2009 11:08 PM

May 2008
Kira01 said:
Shirow

eugh.
Sep 29, 2009 12:44 PM

Jul 2009
When is this series going to pick up the pace? >.>
Oct 6, 2009 7:53 PM

Jun 2009
Zell182 said:
When is this series going to pick up the pace? >.>

Wondering the same thing. Although i'm enjoying it quite a bit either way, i'd like to see some actual progress happen, very little happened this episode almost to the point of calling it a filler, besides for see'n a new servant in action
Nov 4, 2009 9:56 PM

Jan 2009
I actually prefer this slow build up. Once all the characters are introduced, I'm sure things will start to get intense.

Shiro's kinda a puss though.

Nov 18, 2009 2:36 PM

Jun 2009
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I dislike Shirou almost as much as Tidus from FF10... although the way he protected Rin makes me think better of him for a bit, but still, fools always annoys me. Sakai Yuji from Shana series > Emiya Shirou, even though Sakai's more of a puss, but at least he's not an idiot and call for help whenever he needs it.

As episode 5, Tohsaka is awesome, but she really need to be more aggressive and cruel. She's too kind for her own good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2009 11:19 AM

Jun 2009
why do they always have to have a main character who acts like an idiot and makes u want to scream at him!?! What is he trying to achieve exactly. He doesn't wnna fight, doesn't want his servant involved and tries to protect other masters. He's so pathetic they don't even wanna kill him. Characters like that gets on my nerves! God knows what he's trying to achieve. He might as well leave the race and let Saber get a new master. I meant He can't even protect her for pete's sake!! and doesn't allow her to do her job as well - what is his problem?? what is he trying to prove? what's he trying to do? I can't withstand this kind of thing! Completely irrational! why not leave the race???
Jan 22, 2010 6:07 PM

Nov 2009
He's naive and doesn't understand the nature of the situation. But i think his ideals are good, though basically impossible to achieve and naive...They're still righteous and just none the less.

At the end of this episode i thought Archer is bad-ass haha
Feb 18, 2010 12:48 AM

Sep 2009
I don't mind the slower buildup either since I'm watching several episodes in a row. Seems like there are a lot of anime shows involving a fighting competition of some sort...
May 4, 2010 3:33 AM

Mar 2010
and isnt it weird that first tohsaka wants to kill emiya and then she helps him when that rider girl comes ~_~
Jul 3, 2010 3:53 AM

Sep 2009
I really hate Shirou at this point. Everything he says and does irritates me.

and I kinda like archer now.
Aug 6, 2010 8:55 AM

Sep 2009
Emiya really annoyed me in this episode! Why didn't he just summon Saber!? His reason for not doing it was stupid, as if he could defeat that servant himself! She was sooo cool!

I like how Emiya and Tohsaka are sort of friends now! :)

Sep 20, 2010 8:08 AM
Jul 2010
Shirow is actually kinda stupid. I like his ideals but they're rather unrealistic. And the way he tries to follow them is just so naive and careless... He totally should have summoned Saber. Well, at least Rin was there to save him.
I liked how Archer told him in the face how naive he was being. I'm starting to really like him.
Dec 19, 2010 5:14 PM

Jul 2010
Man, Shirou...he's a respectable guy of great moral stature, but damn his naivete really killed me this episode. The fact that he didn't summon Saber when he was about to die was rather ridiculous. Honestly, was he counting on the fact that Rin was gonna bail him out? -__-

Archer summed up my thoughts nicely towards the end. His ideals are going to be shattered soon whether he likes it or not.
Feb 10, 2011 3:49 AM

Aug 2010
Archer gave him the lesson he had to learn someday!!
May 1, 2011 3:41 PM
Apr 2011
What doesn't Emiya get? I'm so mad at him for being this stupid! Its called a war for a reason.
Sep 13, 2011 10:19 AM

Sep 2008
Yeah, Shirou is an idiot. I hate him.

Saber on otherhand is AWESOME.
Oct 31, 2011 3:14 PM

Jun 2009
Man, they really fucked up Shirou in this adaptation. In the actual Fate route in the Visual Novel he DOES in fact actually summon Saber, why they changed that and went with the UBW battle instead I have no idea.

As for Rin's actions in this mini-arc, It's very clear she doesn't actually want to kill him, as in both the anime and VN up to this point she has warned Shirou not to come near her. It's fairly obvious that she used this run in with Rider as an excuse to not have to fight Shirou, consider it her concept of "honor" screwing her over again.

Again, I really can't stress enough how much I dislike the melding of these routes in this series.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 6, 2011 9:24 AM

May 2010
Shirou's got the right idea, but he needs to temper his ideals a bit. I don't want to tell him to give up on his principles, because they're good principles (except for the sexist chivalry), but he at least needs to learn the concept of sacrifice.
“Money can't buy dere”
Mar 31, 2012 5:43 PM

Mar 2012
Its been 6 ep but shirou still a dumbazz.
At least finally Archer taught him a lesson.
But wut dont you get Masters can never beat servants in a fight.

I think this is gonna be a cliche story where he powers up to be so strong that he can beat all the servants.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LuckyMango

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/LuckyMango

Feel free to comment on my profile for anime recommendations.
Ill try my best to help! Remember don't message me. Comment!
Apr 27, 2012 4:57 PM
Sep 2011
I am on the verge of stopping this show because of Shiro, I mean my god he makes Waver look like a badass, this is war, he cannot just wander around aimlessly without protection or he will die.
I am literaly now on the verge of starting to yell at the screen, how did he not notice he was impaled through the arm, even if it was invisible HE WASN'T FREAKING BLEEDING! Not just that but Tohsaka annoyed me just as much, way to make a truce with a guy who is up there with Homer Simpson for intelligence, I think she is trying to lose if, honestly she needs to kill Shiro no to be evil, but just because at least unlike some of the masters she would do it fast and painless.
It is like Shiro is a character made to hate, if his father wasn't Kuritsugu I would honestly think he would die, butt hen again he is the main character and as such he is probably going to end it with him winning and doing something dumb like "I wish magic doesn't exist".
I am 5 seconds away from stopping watching this show if it doesn't improve and Shiro doesn't come at least competent enough to allow saber to fight.
May 6, 2012 9:09 AM
Jan 2012
WHY GOD, WHY?
Emiya is ridiculous ._.

Worst.protagonist.ever

Screw him with his stupid idealism.
No one can achieve anything with ideals.
Jun 29, 2012 9:59 AM

Jun 2012
Shiro really irritates me, hes weak and too trusting. In real life he wouldnt stand a chance. I like Tohsaka. Archer, wow, he took the words right out of my mouth. He definitly told Shiro some things that he really needed to hear. I hope that Shiro gets his head on his shoulders and that he realizes that he may have to kill people and that he shouldnt feel remorse because they wouldnt if they were in his place.
Jul 23, 2012 7:39 AM

Mar 2012
About Shirou being to much an idealist:
(Possible FZ spoilers)

So obviously he is an idiot because he thinks he can take Rider on just by himself...but I think his ideals (and I think Saber's ideals as well; as she was strongly opposed to Kirutsugu's method of trying to win the previous war) are right and could prevent the events that happened at the end of FZ to repeat.
Jul 23, 2012 9:02 AM

Aug 2009
Khalan3 said:
About Shirou being to much an idealist:
(Possible FZ spoilers)

So obviously he is an idiot because he thinks he can take Rider on just by himself...but I think his ideals (and I think Saber's ideals as well; as she was strongly opposed to Kirutsugu's method of trying to win the previous war) are right and could prevent the events that happened at the end of FZ to repeat.

Nope.

And if you ask me both Kiritsugu's and Shirou's ideals are right but have their own problems.Kiritsugu is like
and Shirou
Jul 23, 2012 1:18 PM
Dec 2007
And t's funny people were feeling sorry for Saber having a stupid Master when Saber's ideals are just as naive as Shirou's. They have the same line of thinking, protect everything at all costs and don't let it come to harm. In Fate route, it was Saber he wanted to protect. Also, Saber's code forbids her of injuring people that have nothing to do with her battles, or killing unarmed civilians and those who give up. She's a knight so chivalry and honor is all for her.

Aug 21, 2012 9:06 PM

Nov 2011
Needs more Saber being awesome and less Shirou running around being bullied by other magicians and servants because he has Saber on house arrest.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Aug 22, 2012 2:02 AM

Aug 2009
DarkShards said:
Needs more Saber being awesome and less Shirou running around being bullied by other magicians and servants because he has Saber on house arrest.

FSN anime needed more Archer and less Saber.
Aug 22, 2012 11:45 AM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
DarkShards said:

FSN anime needed more Archer and less Saber.

Exactly. It might've actually been a really good anime then.
Dec 4, 2012 3:51 AM

May 2012
First part was rather nice quite some good action but the second part was just story development and was rather boring, but yea I'll keep watching...
Feb 12, 2013 9:04 PM

Jul 2008
ItsMeAndrea said:
DAMN. I agree with Archer... Shiro is really naive and... -.- I dont know how to describe him.

Oh you have no idea....but yeah Shirou wonderfully naive and blind.
Mar 4, 2013 4:14 PM

Jan 2012
Emiya is really rather naive, but I guess he will understand that soon enough.

Apr 19, 2013 9:11 AM

Oct 2011
Shirou, stop being a wuss! Gosh!

...Rider~
Jun 13, 2013 4:27 AM

Nov 2012
damn rin is really attack shiro lol XD quite thrilling :3

btw shiro has a strong hand.. XD that kind of spear that rider use to kill rin is quite creepy btw :p
rider look so hot btw :3
I believe shinji is master of rider

btw so shiro really cant do any magic hmm :/
Jun 13, 2013 6:43 AM

Aug 2009
makarov52 said:

btw shiro has a strong hand.. XD that kind of spear that rider use to kill rin is quite creepy btw :p

He can.He has been doing some since the beginning.
Jun 13, 2013 10:46 AM

Nov 2012
ssjokg said:
makarov52 said:

He can.He has been doing some since the beginning.

yeah.. actually its awesome lol XD
Jul 24, 2013 3:25 PM

Oct 2012
This episode went really fast. I wonder what turn of event things turn out as there are several possibilites where could creators go now. But after all those explanations and introducing meeting I guess we switch back to Fate route. Time to some relax.
Sep 1, 2013 7:26 PM

Apr 2013
His hero of something thinking is really annoying, sounds like a little child's dream.
Sep 2, 2013 3:52 AM

Aug 2009
shayryu said:
His hero of something thinking is really annoying, sounds like a little child's dream.

Because thats exactly what it is.I am not sure if you missed the point or not.
Sep 15, 2013 8:19 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly, I'm really liking this anime so far, some nice action and good characters. This was a pretty nice episode, as well.
Jan 30, 2014 9:11 AM

Jun 2013
Things are getting really good in this anime and the story seems very promising. Fantastic episode.
Apr 13, 2014 2:27 AM

Dec 2013
In contrast with Fate/Zero, this is prettig boring so far... I hope the action will come soon..?
Apr 13, 2014 2:30 AM

Jul 2007
Mimysse said:
In contrast with Fate/Zero, this is prettig boring so far... I hope the action will come soon..?

Nope it gets worse.

The animation studio who was adapting this decided to MAJORLY save up money in terms of animation, by toning shit down everywhere and creating their own filler-esque anime original story.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Order

Shadow__-Monarch - May 4

23 by Alexioos95 »»
May 7, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TuzoAnime - Jun 16, 2008

83 by FedeMetal »»
May 5, 6:50 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DaBigD - Oct 3, 2008

137 by FedeMetal »»
May 1, 6:08 PM

» VN fan are annoying as Hell

chevalierkraken - Apr 23

30 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 27, 10:20 AM

» Why do people consider 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime bad?

zckfox - May 13, 2023

45 by chevalierkraken »»
Apr 25, 10:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.