Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 27, 2008 12:28 PM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Didn't expect an ending like this =O It was sort of cool to see Gerd and Hermann again and see them fighting against Xargin.

Sep 27, 2008 2:42 PM

Aug 2007
I told myself around episode 22 that if Joseph dies, I'd bring hell to earth. Haha, the ending was...like you said, unexpected. I think they could have tied it with a different, less corny ending. But I absolutely give this anime props if for nothing else than the fact that they weren't afraid to kill off people. Honestly, I can't remember the last anime where the main characters die, let alone the absolute main protagonist. So, no matter what, I'll remember this series for that and I definitely, without a doubt, respect it for that. I always hate having characters that I get attached to killed off but for Blassreiter, it was more than refreshing.
Sep 27, 2008 2:57 PM
Apr 2008
the fight scenes were good but i didn't really get the ending
Sep 27, 2008 3:15 PM
Apr 2008
I think I went like wth for the this ep o.O
but still I think this show is good
its worth watching it.
Sep 27, 2008 3:51 PM

Aug 2007
I think what also threw me off was the randomness during the final fight between Joseph and Xargin. How Gerd and Hermann just jumped in like that...I'm not sure if it was due to Isis but I doubt it. Also, the end where Hermann said that they could meet up anytime made everything seem out of place. They're dead...even with the greatest technology that the anime sported, they shouldn't have been able to contact each other so openly or easily. It kind of loses the whole point if everyone who died could easily come back and talk and whatnot.
Sep 27, 2008 4:11 PM

Feb 2008
Pretty much the only good thing about this show: Elea.

Honorable mention: Maria.
Sep 27, 2008 5:57 PM

Nov 2007
Why did Hermann have to die like 5 times? =_=; They just had th throw another one in there, for kicks.

Anyways, I'm happy with this ending. All threads are seemingly closed, and I guess you could figure out Elea's origins.
Sep 27, 2008 6:00 PM

Jun 2007
lol this ending was incredibly corny XD

Sep 28, 2008 2:35 PM

Jul 2008
I just finshed watching this.

I STILL HAVE TEARS BECAUSE THE ENDING WAS SO MUCH HOPE AND SEEING EVERYONE EVEN AS GHOSTS.

Very sad this episode but also all ended well.

R.I.P. -------> SASHA....YOUR SINS I AM SURE MIGHT BE FORGIVEN IN THE END
R.I.P.-------->MEI-FENG EVEN THOUGH YOU WERE A CLONE YOU STILL TRIED YOUR BEST!
R.I.P.-------->JOSEPH EVEN THOUGH YOU HAD YOUR OWN PROBLEMS AND WERE DRAGGED INTO THINGS YOU DID NOT WANT BY YOUR SISTER.

SO MUCH TEARS.......SO UNFAIR EXCEPT JOSEPH CAUSE HE HAD NO CHOICE TO DRAG XARGIN!

I am going to miss this series. I might add some more after I relax!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 28, 2008 9:01 PM
Apr 2008
im gonna miss this series. the ability to kill off so many people and not care made this anime really intense and epic. plus the storyline was amzing. it would be cool to see amanda and malek's guerilla squad in a second season , but we can only hope
Sep 29, 2008 4:04 PM

Mar 2008
corny indeed, but enjoyable.
thsi series was okay to me, 7/10

MAL list updates
Sep 29, 2008 9:28 PM

Jun 2007
ChokedUpRunt said:
I think what also threw me off was the randomness during the final fight between Joseph and Xargin. How Gerd and Hermann just jumped in like that...I'm not sure if it was due to Isis but I doubt it. Also, the end where Hermann said that they could meet up anytime made everything seem out of place. They're dead...even with the greatest technology that the anime sported, they shouldn't have been able to contact each other so openly or easily. It kind of loses the whole point if everyone who died could easily come back and talk and whatnot.

I kind of agree, I was confused about them all "coming back" as well. I'm guessing since they have the ability to bind them selves to technology they can live on or something like that. They must have all be forced into a retainment system on the bike's so they cant go infecting other technology but can still come out and talk lol.

I like how the tables turned and made humanity out to be the bad guys in the end haha. Lets go kick some human ass to protect the half bloods that are still getting wrongly persecuted XD. Wile where at it lets add a random black guy to run the new XAT that has a voice similar to the old one.

Overall I liked this series a lot. The beginning was pretty bad but I'm really glad I stuck with it till the end.
Sep 30, 2008 8:23 PM

Oct 2007
i loved the first half of Blassreiter and saw that it had a lot of potential.... but the second half plus the ending was really weird... i believe this anime could have been so much better...
Oct 8, 2008 4:19 AM

Oct 2007
genxtrigun said:
i loved the first half of Blassreiter and saw that it had a lot of potential.... but the second half plus the ending was really weird... i believe this anime could have been so much better...

Oh yes, the anime could have been MUCH better. No offence, but I doubt I'll ever give this a 7, more like a 5, possibly 4. Had I known better, I never would've seen this series, even though I respect Gonzo for trying to make something good.

DeathfireD said:
Wile where at it lets add a random black guy to run the new XAT that has a voice similar to the old one.

Lol, it kinda ruined my thoughts for how professional the voice actors were.
Oct 9, 2008 5:05 PM

Apr 2008
I respect the series for not hesitating to kill off characters, and at times it was beautifully tragic, but towards the end it seemed like they were just throwing in as much pain and misery as they could for added melodrama. That was definitely an unsatisfying last episode. What the heck was up with Gerd and Hermann "borrowing" Joseph's body? And those hologram/spirit things in Malek's bike really peeved me off (even Xargin and Beatrice get to be holograms, despite being remorseless in their campaign to wipe out humanity?).
NapalmbrainOct 10, 2008 6:03 AM
Oct 9, 2008 5:51 PM

Sep 2008
I'm sorry but this series really sucked. It felt like it was written episode to episode instead of being planned out and they had not idea what they where doing. Pointless characters, plot holes, and just extremely bad story telling. I almost luaghed at the fact they killed almost every character TWICE not once, but TWICE. Also characters like Snow, WTF a character that comes out of no where with some pointless back story and some kinda romanctic connection to Joe, but then dies the next epsiode, but u don't even figure that out until the end.

I also thought it was funny how all of a sudden it becomes freaken power rangers. " ins't this awesome we spent all the nations money on massive transforming mechs to fight monsters that are no bigger then a human.

this anime was seriously a freaken joke. probably the worst thing I have seen in a while.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Dec 4, 2008 8:53 PM

May 2008
This is just going to be my thoughts on the whole series.

I thought at the beginning it was pretty good. The plot overall was good. There were a few things that were a bit strange like hermann dieing 8 billion times. I kinda like how this show doesnt hesitate to kill ppl off. Snow was a bit strange bringing in and then killing her off in 2 episodes. Guess it added the surprise element.
btw the comment above me, it kinda makes sense if you think about it. Super huge machines kill super humans....
The last episode was pretty good until the end. When Marie brought back everyone, it didnt make sense and was really corny.
Jan 2, 2009 3:21 AM

Jul 2008
I seem to never like epilogues. I feel like the hole show has been tainted by that lame everyone still alive... kind of. And, oh look a rainbow!

o__O

BEGINNER
Jan 6, 2009 2:02 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Finally I was able to finish this. Didn't really enjoy it; the story was rather lame and there was just too much CG. I liked the Germany-theme though. 5/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 10, 2009 6:31 PM

Sep 2008
7/10 for me.
I really liked first episodes, up until the moment XAT was destroyed.
After that, it went on completely wrong track and ended horribly ....
Jan 17, 2009 12:59 PM

Oct 2008
The ending is somewhat strange.. It is very unexpected!

Jan 23, 2009 11:33 PM
Mar 2008
Amanda x Malek ending rofl. That whole spirit stuff, coming back, possessing is confusing as hell but it probably has to do with the blassreiter stuff and technology. The ending really pulled it down for me plus everyone dying, would of liked it more if they stopped before the time skip. Wouldn't have expected any of this from just watching the first eps, CG was pretty cool, overall it was okay. 7/10
Feb 1, 2009 10:28 PM

Sep 2008
I'm surprised they killed over 90% of the cast...

I kept thinking "they wont kill him/her because they are to important or hold enough value" and they kept failing me again and again and again. I guess props to that but I wanted a happier ending like joseph surviving because he had been suffering so much. :(

I will agree that the first half was very good and it got worse and worse, and wierder after time, although since I watched it decently fast and all in one go it was alright. Not sure how it would of wokred watching ep after ep, like linebarrel right now.. can't keep with it to stupid...

I guess while there are series that are being to darn slow and wont move on and have countless seasons, there are still ones that are to fast and dont think through, which I rather watch this bc watching eps for 3 strait years and could have been done in half a year is not enjoyable.. its just plain pointless.
Feb 2, 2009 3:39 PM

Feb 2008
magentaanbu said:
lol this ending was incredibly corny XD

i agree. the ending was way corny. oh well, the whole show as ok but i don't see how else it would have ended.
May 17, 2009 6:59 PM
Jul 2008
The overall ending somewhat sucked... I mean they brought back the dead characters by turning them into holograms. I did enjoy the overall series. 7/10
Jun 27, 2009 1:09 PM

Jan 2009
It was really a good ending for the series, I didn't expect it though, but still am very found of it. I really liked it, the idea of it,everything from that last episode and the series ideology is worth remembering in real life =)
What more can I say...

Join My Club Shigurui - Death Frenzy (Still in construction)
Aug 10, 2009 12:09 PM

Aug 2008
Wtf @ ending. They should've skipped the ghost connection, that would have made it much better.

And DOH, Snow was there among the ghosts, means she died. Frick, she was my favorite. Way to go to introduce a two episode character only to kill her ~~

Barely a 7/10.

EDIT: Screw it, I'm still mad about the ghost ending, and the flippin ghost possessing during Xargin fight. 6/10.
Aug 14, 2009 5:03 AM

Mar 2009
ye the ghost possessing during xargin fight was gay

and bitch malek shoulda died....

i actually liked how alot died cause they were good deaths but pretty much pointless when they came back as holograms that retained their memories

the action was good, i love that whole ship/mecha dodging missiles like crazy etc thing, the blassreiters/amalgams looked ok, i did like how they did the sword fights

the only thing i didnt like about the cg is that the paladins looked dumb

id give it a 9/10 if i dont think about the ending and gay malek living

Jigero said:
this anime was seriously a freaken joke. probably the worst thing I have seen in a while.

^this comes from a guy who like nana ?
Oct 6, 2009 2:51 PM

Apr 2008
I kinda liked this show...didn't like the ending, though.
Oct 10, 2009 8:10 AM

Jun 2009
It was very-very good.. until that f*cking ridiculous last minutes of The Final Fight! OMG, it was so stupid!
Though, I've rated it 8/10. If it hasn't so idiotic ending, I'd even give it 8.5/10, 'cause EVERYTHING is very-very good... except that Final Bullsh*t. The biggest final-episode-disappointment ever.
Oct 15, 2009 11:00 AM

Aug 2008
wtf kind of ending was that? Originally this series was 9/10, then it started to change towards the middle-end, 8/10. The final 10 minutes of the episode killed it for me...7/10.

WAY TOO CORNY. WTH was with the "ghost" (/holograms) coming out of nowhere at the end? And them possessing Joseph's body...lol that was so weird. What was also strange was suddenly after Herman losses Joseph seemed to have a godly power level of 9000!!!! He had some weird shield that deflected all of Xargin's attacks, and moved at what seemed light speed. The suddenly 10 seconds later it was all gone and he lost anyways, lol. Wtf?

And after ALL OF WHAT XARGIN DID, they kill him off, just like that? How strong was that guy anyways? Weird weird ending.

The hologram ghost at the end made it just too corny/weird for me, epically the "Amanda x Malek ending", hahaha, incest ftw?

I do respect them for being original in how they presented it, and as everyone ELSE has said , killing off characters without fear. Though I think they went a bit TOO FAR, they killed 95% of the cast off. That's a bit extreme...and we never got a kiss. (Though an incest pair ending, lol).

Idk...the ghost, possessing, Joseph losing at power level 9000 then Xargin God (power) losing to a pill...and was totally kool with it! Just all nonchalant about it, even after so many years & so many deaths, and his plan to change the world, lol. And now we have the "lets protected the discriminated against Algams that we've been killing off forever!" was just all so strange.

Edit: lol it was also funny how that black head guy of XAT apologized at the end, rofl. Also what was with people NEVER being able to tell other's what they wanted to in their heart, even after death ,lol. Joseph's sister didn't get to say her good bye's/I'm sorry to him. Herman never got to say " I love you" to Amanda. And a few other things...and poor Snow died!

kuroshiroi said:
Pretty much the only good thing about this show: Elea.

Honorable mention: Maria.

Those two were awesome :)
FateEntityOct 15, 2009 11:05 AM
Oct 15, 2009 2:01 PM

Jun 2009
Fatentity said:
The hologram ghost at the end made it just too corny/weird for me, epically the "Amanda x Malek ending", hahaha, incest ftw?

If I remeber correctly, Malek is a kind of her stepbrother, so that's alright :) .
Nov 11, 2009 2:29 PM

Oct 2007
I liked.... Elea... watched this series just in the hope to have a glimpse on her panty or any fanservice.... but to my disappointment there was none...

ON THE OTHER HAND~

I loved the fight scenes.... 7/10 for me.
Jan 16, 2010 9:20 AM

Nov 2009
Hm, this anime turned out to be way better than I thought it would be after watching first few episodes. Ugly CGI, though. 7/10 is my score, and for me, it's quite high.
I kinda liked that so many characters died in the show's run, so I expected for most of the cast to bite it in the finale. Although I'm still sad about Joseph, he really deserved a happy ending. Yeah, the thing with Gerd and Hermann was pretty much an asspull, and overall I wasn't very impressed with the fight. Still, the end is the end, at least it gives a closure without some forced ambiguity (I think it's pretty clear that characters Elea/Maria show in the epilogue are just holograms, not actual people). Also, it's really weird that people see some MalekxAmanda scenes as romantic. I don't know if we were watching the same ep, I didn't notice anything like this in their interaction.
Jan 24, 2010 10:01 PM

Feb 2009
genxtrigun said:

Agreed!
And It Ended Like A Kids Show
Had To Look Back And See If It Was Rated[PG] hahhaha
Jan 28, 2010 7:45 PM

Jul 2009
This Was An Effing Awesome Anime Why Is This Not In The Top 700?..... 9/10
Feb 6, 2010 10:26 AM

Jul 2009
Wtf? They killed almost main characters. But... they alive? O_o
Certainly I'm glad that Sasha, Snow and Joseph didn't die completely, but it's too corny. Also I'm disappointed that Snow has appeared only for two episodes and then died. I hoped for Joseph x Snow ending... Ok, when Snow was died I think that will be Joseph x Amanda ending. Double fail... I have Amanda x Malek ending :(
And I really hate Gonzo's CGI. Why they put it in every second series? (

On the other hand I like story line. It's simple and pretty interesting. And Elea was awesome. I like her voice ~_~

7/10 for me.

xMafiax said:
I liked.... Elea... watched this series just in the hope to have a glimpse on her panty or any fanservice.... but to my disappointment there was none...

Lol))) Here you are:
Mar 14, 2010 3:48 AM

Dec 2008
the ending was very positive in comparison with the whole show.
most off the time this show pulled me down emotionally,the best episodes were 15 till 24.

btw I want an Elea hologram,too
how lovely XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2010 8:39 PM

Jan 2010
i hate it. This really isn't a good ending.

There are too much unnecessary deaths, and why does the weak gets to live? Instead of the strong? There are also many mysteries unsolved( i bet you could think of one without me telling :D )

i rated it 5 ( Currently, the lowest score i gave )
love or hate, i couldn't care less
Mar 23, 2010 11:56 AM
Mar 2010
Hell i don't know why everyone is saying the endings lame, i for one enjoyed it, maybe its that gundam fanboy in me that loves to see endings where almost everyone dies but anyway all in all a great series and great ending, i dont know why people are complaining about the ghosts thing aswell, star wars did it and nobody ever complained? why's this so different?
Mar 29, 2010 7:35 PM

Jul 2009
the anime was cool :D i really like how they switch different characters in each episodes. you get to see how they suffer and they're past sins as well. one of the most epic scene is probably Al's comeback who would have thought even death he still hates wolf though in the end wolf regretted what he did. they only thing i hate about is probably the end. i mean Xargin was unstoppable and they just killed him with isis. guess joseph can't win on a one on one match against xargin and what's up with xargin showing up at the end with the group i thought he hated everybody in the group i guess he regretted what he had done. anyways still a great anime glad i finish it till the end :D
Apr 6, 2010 9:38 PM

Jan 2009
this was one of the best story's anime i seen in a good while, not to long and not to confusing ^_^

Jun 3, 2010 4:25 PM

May 2010
Wow, haha. That was quite an interesting anime we had here. Like, everyone died, some even did like 3 times. (lolwut) Probs for killing off most main characters, that certainly was interesting. I thought it was a bit much to kill off Joseph. (his background was just way too sad already, but oh well..)

The hologram was just... lame? =/

I enjoyed watching it though, therefore 8/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2010 11:01 AM

Jan 2010
one of the best i have watched. honestly i would love for this to have a 2nd season or series but still they ended it very well 9/10 from here
Jul 4, 2010 10:16 AM

May 2009
Well it was good ending,except malek that was pretending to be joseph.9/10
Jul 12, 2010 10:06 PM

Nov 2008
This was a great series! I hated the CGs at the first half but the drama was intense overall.

To anyone who rants about the "ghosts": take it easy, they are freaking holograms!!!! Just a gift for the lovely Amanda.

And... "Power Rangers"??? LOL, didn't you know this was a Sci-Fi anime???
rokuroJul 12, 2010 10:10 PM
Jul 18, 2010 7:38 AM

Mar 2010
awesome anime, liked how 95% of the characters introduced die(some multiple times). I had to lol at the end when the united states used the Emergency Contingency plan, NUKE EVERYTHING!.
Aug 7, 2010 7:49 AM

Mar 2010
The best things about this anime are the collection of Amalgams, mechas and ... US Force ^^ Never saw B2 and F22 Raptor in anime before >< Plus the ICBM Mach 23 was pretty cool
Give this anime 8/10 just because of art style. Obvious ending, everything must come to an end especially Amalgams/Demoniacs.

Oct 8, 2010 5:52 PM
Apr 2010
Deathnosis said:
I think I went like wth for the this ep o.O
but still I think this show is good
its worth watching it.

Zerosbakainu said:
the fight scenes were good but i didn't really get the ending

What Thought too...
Oct 12, 2010 8:02 AM

Mar 2010
Thanks for all the MEMORIES Blassreiter sayonara

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blassreiter Episode 5 Discussion

Monkey_D_Luffy - May 3, 2008

26 by skr_123 »»
Dec 19, 2022 9:21 AM

» Any differences between the Light novel and the anime?

kuik - Feb 15, 2022

0 by kuik »»
Feb 15, 2022 4:36 PM

Poll: » Blassreiter Episode 13 Discussion

Carp - Jul 5, 2008

26 by Avichii »»
Sep 17, 2020 5:57 AM

» Blu-Ray?

TheCrunchyUser - May 10, 2020

0 by TheCrunchyUser »»
May 10, 2020 4:47 AM

Poll: » Blassreiter Episode 19 Discussion

Kuemauricebackup - Aug 16, 2008

23 by HHHHRRRRNNNGGG »»
Nov 23, 2019 9:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.