Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2012 11:07 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Amazing episode! I love the end so much it's insane!

One thing TROLL OF THE YEAR IS M.I.B. OMG and WTF at them being in this episode using bazookas to kill the rescue drone. OMG that was insane. Lemon that van is some kind of Transformer that even has missiles OMG and WTF all over that. It was a blast! ONE AMAZING LAST! Hahaha I love yelling that one. Amazing romance in this episode! Amazing BGM! Amazing action! Amazing Irony. Wow!

It’s amazing that Ishigaki’s sister husband is MIB! That guy I would never think worked with them. It’s insane but I understand why the relationship is so awkward between the 2, because those kind of relations with a job involved like that is always trouble. Look at "True Lies" the movie and what it did when the wife found of Arnold’s real job in the movie. It went pretty wild.

I am PLATINUM MAD that Ichika was taken by the stupid rescue pod. That Kaito could not do anything other than cry and that nothing was done to save Ichika. Totally not cool! I TT_TT Kaitoooooooooo! It’s all I could feel for the guy as Ichika was taken away. Most likely the best romantic/dram scene involving an alien vessel taking a loved one from a person. Unlike many animes, this one got the parts, BGM and setting right. With the lights going up and the innocent look, it certainly pulled out nicely.

The tree was a nice add on with how it was and how it became along with the explanation behind it. Most impressive narration for me.

About the END, what does it teach us? What does it show us? Most of all what does this anime teach us? A thrilling summer of young teens and meeting a Alien? Certainly in terms of fantasies but if one can look at it IRL, one can easily assess of humans encountering Aliens. Testimonies of the Wife of the PM admitted she was visited by Aliens. So with that and other occurrences it certainly teaches fantasy wise of one young teen finding out of one Alien and his dilemmas in all that. However the IRL problem also got well shown. Mainly Gov agencies and MIB. Although well hidden to show that one of them is enough to infiltrate a group of people and get info.

As shown at the END Remon in fact got all of the Spaceship info and Remon too. That means soon they will be able to be on PAR with the Aliens. It’s insane just the lab designs. It’s totally out of this world. I have never seen any designs like that IRL normally in any lab. That being said I am still TT__T very much towards Kaito’s loss. It really is depressing to see him alone. Perhaps Kanna may be able to get with him less Ichika comes back or he is too stubborn to move on after so much time passes and she still does not comeback. Regardless it teaches us that there are ways of making summers crazy with love, explorations and nature. It shows us that it’s possible with friends and possible to have fun along with falling in love even if you are Nerdy or a loser. The anime certainly teaches us to we can be friendly with even Aliens but it teaches us more than anything of feelings, spending time well and romance resolves.

Bumped from 8/10 to 9/10 with no doubt this episode made the bump. Crazy shit is crazy! Ecchi was not bad either. It was light and just right.

If they want to make us ALL HAPPY! HAPPY! Then they should make a OVA in the last Vol where Ichika comes back and is with Kaito. Or just plain takes him back to her Home World. It would make many happy. The ending is totally depressing with Kaito being alone. I feel bad for him. I totally feel bad. Damn them taking Ichika from him.

What do you think of M.I.B. and the insanity of the action in this episode? May edit later.

PS: Wonder if that narrator's voice is the girl from Onegai Teacher?
Yumekichi11Mar 26, 2012 12:15 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 26, 2012 11:13 AM
Aug 2011
MIB Ichigo/Remon was pretty epic. Those rocket launchers out of no where. Glad it ended well for Kaito and Ichika. I want to know what was written on the tree.

Wish it would of given a bit more when it came to Mio and Tetsurou. Not quite sure if they got together or not.
Mar 26, 2012 11:25 AM

Nov 2008
What a bittersweet ending, well at least Rinon is still on Earth with Lemon as an MIB agent. Despite this it ended pretty well, I wish there was something in the ending that had a relationship update on Mio and Tetsurou though. I wasn't expecting the entire platoon to save the day as they did though.

9/10

Mar 26, 2012 11:29 AM
Aug 2011
Hoppy said:
What a bittersweet ending, well at least Rinon is still on Earth with Lemon as an MIB agent. Despite this it ended pretty well, I wish there was something in the ending that had a relationship update on Mio and Tetsurou though. I wasn't expecting the entire platoon to save the day as they did though.

9/10

What was bittersweet about it? Ichika comes back.
Tired_SmurphMar 26, 2012 11:35 AM
Mar 26, 2012 11:51 AM

Nov 2007
Saved by that fluffy stuff. Remon going to fight (she's scary when she's mad!)!!

Even sempai's sister and megane guy's sister coming to the rescue!

Wait, Rinon and that husband are MIB staff??

They finally found the place, but got caught. She decides to leave. Ancestor's memory revealing that she also met the person in that planet.

Life back to normal. Sister already returned. Remon going to transfer, and giving them the incomplete film, not only those "script" ones, but also their normal life.

Kaito continues to film. Then the completed one is aired at festival every year.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 26, 2012 12:17 PM

Oct 2010
Dr_Smurph said:
Hoppy said:

9/10

NO SHE DOES NOT! Maybe for the movie a little but it certainly does not convince much of her coming back. We need OVA that shows us that she comes back to finish the movie and that she stays with Kaito. Else my T_T will not go away for this serie's sadness at how it ended for Kaito x Ichika TBH.

Mar 26, 2012 1:05 PM
Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Dr_Smurph said:
Hoppy said:

9/10

NO SHE DOES NOT! Maybe for the movie a little but it certainly does not convince much of her coming back. We need OVA that shows us that she comes back to finish the movie and that she stays with Kaito. Else my T_T will not go away for this serie's sadness at how it ended for Kaito x Ichika TBH.

Look at the clothes she is wearing at the very end. It was the outfit that Kaito's sister had gotten. Wasn't that after she had left? Also Rinon is part of her ship, Rinon can transfer back and forth from it. She was back, and I am sure she stayed once she got back.
Tired_SmurphMar 26, 2012 1:11 PM
Mar 26, 2012 1:11 PM

Nov 2008
im more inclined to go along with Smurph here since I thought she was more or less back - Any ova would be likely like Sensei or Twins.. which is to say 'advance along' relationships and for plain fun.. Though that would I suppose at the same time prove it to you also lol Great action , Great story , Great Drama - I like others do still wish there was more to the ending and Ill await the OVA (or at least hope for one haha)

She obviously came back -_- I just rewatched it and I really cant see it any other way , she has the shirt his sister got her after she had left earth.. - it appears to be summer again so more or less it seems a year passed though I could be wrong.. and in the film ... her ship broke "again" I mean come on call a spade a spade when its a spade even if most of its implied .. She came back and they are in all 99.99% having a nice happily ever after - though I agree it would be nice to have an OVA to show some more detail or even some more fun ~~
sirwenceMar 26, 2012 3:10 PM
Mar 26, 2012 1:20 PM
Jul 2011
Well, I saw the jacket Kaito's sister brought to Ichika on the very last minute of the episode. And I'm silent and dunno what to say.

And as I read some posts above about voices of ancestors I'd say "KAZAMI HELLO! WE MISS YA!" :D
Mar 26, 2012 1:25 PM

Oct 2010
Dr_Smurph said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Dr_Smurph said:
Hoppy said:

9/10
NO SHE DOES NOT! Maybe for the movie a little but it certainly does not convince much of her coming back. We need OVA that shows us that she comes back to finish the movie and that she stays with Kaito. Else my T_T will not go away for this series’s sadness at how it ended for Kaito x Ichika TBH.

Look at the clothes she is wearing at the very end. It was the outfit that Kaito's sister had gotten. Wasn't that after she had left? Also Rinon is part of her ship, Rinon can transfer back and forth from it. She was back, and I am sure she stayed once she got back.
As much as I agree with you, it showed it pretty poorly. It could be other things. Like Remon being part of the MIB may have let her finish off the movie. Rinon being with Remon also means that Ichika may be studied at a decent rate. Meaning no prison and medical shit. Deal with aliens call it and assumed.

That being said, she might be back or was just there to finish off the movie with Remon's help. Unless I see her back with Kaito that movie bit means nothing at all. Remon could have all setup nicely. Why do you think she gave the movie and did not allow Ichika to give it to them. Cause the Federation and Remon along with MIB are planning out discussions and negotiations.

That means things are in Turmoil with the Federation not only due to MIB but due to Ichika's direct actions. Now certainly it's a good hope but it does = to Ichika x Kaito being together forever. Not unless I see Ichika coming back to him. At most I can hope and assume that she came back but I did not see it.

In regards to Rinon, NO! They have something to stop him, I am sure.

Mar 26, 2012 1:33 PM
Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Dr_Smurph said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Dr_Smurph said:
Hoppy said:

9/10
NO SHE DOES NOT! Maybe for the movie a little but it certainly does not convince much of her coming back. We need OVA that shows us that she comes back to finish the movie and that she stays with Kaito. Else my T_T will not go away for this series’s sadness at how it ended for Kaito x Ichika TBH.

As much as I agree with you, it showed it pretty poorly. It could be other things. Like Remon being part of the MIB may have let her finish off the movie. Rinon being with Remon also means that Ichika may be studied at a decent rate. Meaning no prison and medical shit. Deal with aliens call it and assumed.

That being said, she might be back or was just there to finish off the movie with Remon's help. Unless I see her back with Kaito that movie bit means nothing at all. Remon could have all setup nicely. Why do you think she gave the movie and did not allow Ichika to give it to them. Cause the Federation and Remon along with MIB are planning out discussions and negotiations.

That means things are in Turmoil with the Federation not only due to MIB but due to Ichika's direct actions. Now certainly it's a good hope but it does = to Ichika x Kaito being together forever. Not unless I see Ichika coming back to him. At most I can hope and assume that she came back but I did not see it.

Glass half empty kind of mood are we lol. Well I guess you can choose to see it that way. Though how I see it is.

Remon/Ichigo has always been the type to help when it comes to the romance of others as it amuses her. So yes she might help Ichika come back. Seeing as they showed plans for a ship our planet is most likely in talks of becoming a registered planet with the Galatic Federation. Moving us up a rank meaning Ichika could be there. Seeing as her and Kaito looked happy in the bit we saw them I assume she was there to stay. Mainly because I doubt the writer wanted it to be seen any other way. Basing this on how happy the endings to Onegai Teacher/Twins was.

It's all open to interpretation though. Lets hope for an OVA. In the mean time though I will keep my theory of them together.
Mar 26, 2012 2:45 PM

Jan 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
Dr_Smurph said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Dr_Smurph said:
Hoppy said:

9/10

Don't try to convince me otherwise. Or else that'll make for a very crappy ending. Ichika came back, because she had her gift from Kai's sister. Although i agree with you that the ending was extremely awful. I found myself getting annoyed every last second that Kaito babbled on about random stuff. Blah blah blah memories....yadda yadda....That's cool and all but bring back Ichika already...Like fuck.....And they save her being brought back til the last fucking 3 seconds of the ending. So fucking stupid. This has got to be the most screwed ending to an anime within the past few days. Hell even Familiar of Zero had a better ending than this garbage, and i wasn't expecting that.

Overall, very disappointed with this ending. It could have turned out better. A LOT better. The ending was almost as horrible as Guilty Crown's, but the last few seconds saved it from being retardedly awful.
Mar 26, 2012 2:46 PM

Oct 2010
LOL they do meet again after some time... not much by the sound and tone of their voices... either that kaito learn some crazy cgi.
she came back for him, i doubt he manage to get her thats why she says her ship get damage... again in such a funny tone.

Awesome anime, similiar to Toradora, they left the best part towards the freaking very end.
Amazing sound, crazy story good characters 9/10

@Yumekichi11
If remon really wanted Itchika on a table she would have done it ages ago. She is obviously "something else" as she states Itchika is her first alien, yet she is a forever young teenager.
Her goal all the time was to have fun in her own way.

@Ahri
lol, seriously doubt something can go as bad GC ending
choyosMar 26, 2012 2:54 PM
huh?
Mar 26, 2012 2:59 PM

Apr 2010
MIB!!!!
Mar 26, 2012 3:00 PM

Oct 2011
Remon... ypu are magnificent at blowing stuff up and trolling, but movie editing sucks :P
this MIB thing was maybe a bit over the top - but it's better than imagining that she made that van in her spare time.

So no traces of Mio x Tetsuro o.O WAT?! man you are so...

and it's certain that Ichika is back - either she run away or she was able to come (I think the later)
Not only those clothes but seeing Rinon in MIB lair is kind of supporting it
she/he wouldn't be able to do it without permision (there was that sign of being guest)
now question is about plans of this ship - was it Ichika's or one given by Federation - and again I think that it was given, after they started some sort of official-top secret contact.
and placing bets in conflict of galacic state and Remon... yeah she would be able to make something like this ;)

so it's a happy ending :)
and this series is amazing... ahh trully best this season <3
Mar 26, 2012 3:01 PM

Feb 2012
Ahri said:

Don't try to convince me otherwise. Or else that'll make for a very crappy ending. Ichika came back, because she had her gift from Kai's sister. Although i agree with you that the ending was extremely awful. I found myself getting annoyed every last second that Kaito babbled on about random stuff. Blah blah blah memories....yadda yadda....That's cool and all but bring back Ichika already...Like fuck.....And they save her being brought back til the last fucking 3 seconds of the ending. So fucking stupid. This has got to be the most screwed ending to an anime within the past few days. Hell even Familiar of Zero had a better ending than this garbage, and i wasn't expecting that.

Overall, very disappointed with this ending. It could have turned out better. A LOT better. The ending was almost as horrible as Guilty Crown's, but the last few seconds saved it from being retardedly awful.

I posted something like this on the episode 11 thread awhile back...this is exactly what I mean when I say that people who refuse to accept anything that isn't short of of a happy ending to be ridiculous.

First of all...that was such a good ending...what are you complaining about lol. You don't need to be a genius to figure out that ichika was allowed to come back and see Kaito again. Just because you don't get to see them "together" it's a bad ending? Once again, go back to watching disney movies -___-

edit: the final scene is when everyone graduated. I thought it was nice how Kaito got to leave behind memories of that summer through his school's film club
idontwannapostMar 26, 2012 3:05 PM
Mar 26, 2012 3:02 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode,will we wait that summer.

I predicted that will get a bittersweet ending and i was right....i hate being right!!

Remon fighting the robot was awesome,at least now we know wtf she is..MIB!!!

The scene when Ichika go back to her planet was beautiful the ost was great and visually was superb,still it was sad....

At the end they saw the movie....Kaito crying like a baby was sad but also like it say people that leave us they never really leave,they will always being in our hearths.

The last scenes were great,the realtionship between Mio and Tetsurou seems going well even that was vague,Renon looked great as MIB and Rinon its with her also its seems that they were working in a ship,then the most important part,the movie being present some years after,its seems Ichika came back even that i am happy i think that was to give the fans a happy ending just like Toradora.

Great series it was entertained,good characters,good ost,and good Sci Fi romance also Renon...what a great troll.

8/10 for me it was an enjoyable ride and will be miss.
Mar 26, 2012 3:02 PM
Oct 2010
sad its ended. was one of my top to watch series this seaosn. i did like it. especially the MIB dudes coming out and the HQ remon went to rofl. reminded me of the men in black movies haha. i did see she came back and loved that. thought it wouldve been more touching, probably is but i expected a ton more. was the voice at the end when they reachthe place mizuho sensei?
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 26, 2012 3:09 PM

Oct 2011
jimjameswhatever said:

I posted something like this on the episode 11 thread awhile back...this is exactly what I mean when I say that people who refuse to accept anything that isn't short of of a happy ending to be ridiculous.

First of all...that was such a good ending...what are you complaining about lol. You don't need to be a genius to figure out that ichika was allowed to come back and see Kaito again. Just because you don't get to see them "together" it's a bad ending? Once again, go back to watching disney movies -___-

oh I wish anime movies were near the quality of some clasical Disney movies
but they are not

so what is ridiculous in it?
sorry I don't see anything weird in it - for me series which I can fully enjoy must have a happy ending. Yeah there are some that doesn't end well, are great but this thing stops me from fully having fun.
Everyone is different here - I for one don't want to be depressed by cartoons.

and also that ending... with last few seconds changing perception - where was it
Mar 26, 2012 3:11 PM
Aug 2011
KingCez said:
sad its ended. was one of my top to watch series this seaosn. i did like it. especially the MIB dudes coming out and the HQ remon went to rofl. reminded me of the men in black movies haha. i did see she came back and loved that. thought it wouldve been more touching, probably is but i expected a ton more. was the voice at the end when they reachthe place mizuho sensei?

That's what some people have been saying. I couldn't really tell. I am curious as to what was written on the tree. I assume it was something written by Mizuho and Kei.

Ah it says "Mizuho" read around and found that. That makes this even better.
Tired_SmurphMar 26, 2012 3:22 PM
Mar 26, 2012 3:12 PM

Feb 2012
Dalek-baka said:
jimjameswhatever said:

but they are not

sorry I don't see anything weird in it - for me series which I can fully enjoy must have a happy ending. Yeah there are some that doesn't end well, are great but this thing stops me from fully having fun.

and also that ending... with last few seconds changing perception - where was it

I'm just saying that some people get all butthurt when the ending isn't the most straight forward happy ending.

I mean, wasn't this ending pretty much "happy"? They don't shove it right in your face, but it's obvious that Ichika comes back...so what's there to be depressed about? (other than the series being over...)
Mar 26, 2012 3:12 PM

Apr 2010
THE LAST SCENE RUINED EVERYTHING, WHAT THE HELL WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Went from a potential 9 to 7. Wasn't a bad anime.
Mar 26, 2012 3:17 PM

Dec 2011
Fantastic episode.

So Remon wasn't an alien, but she was rather working for MIB and that's how she knew about aliens. :) She wasn't an alien after all... Tetsurou's sister's husband was part of the MIB too! xD

The ending was a little confusing. First they lead us to believe that Ichika leaves and doesn't come back, but in the last 5 seconds of the episode it shows Ichika wearing the cloth that Kaito's sister brought from Bolivia. I was a little disappointed, I wanted the ending to be more emotional, it was just like "look, she came back". Meh, they should've just showed when she came back, hugged Kaito and kissed him, would've been much more epic way to end it. And THEN show them watching the finished movie together.

Was a nice series, I loved it 9/10, the ending was a tad disappointing, but it doesn't bother me too much.
Mar 26, 2012 3:20 PM

May 2009
The tree says Mizuho, and that was Mizuho's voice at the lake =)

Dat voice!
Mar 26, 2012 3:23 PM

Oct 2011
A pretty heart warming ep to end this fantastic series, it has secured a place on my fav list forever XD

A bittersweet ending like Toradora! but atleast we know she came back, I hope they do an OVA/Special featuring Ichika's return <3
Mar 26, 2012 3:24 PM

Dec 2011
Dougy-kun said:
A pretty heart warming ep to end this fantastic series, it has secured a place on my fav list forever XD

A bittersweet ending like Toradora! but atleast we know she came back, I hope they do an OVA/Special featuring Ichika's return <3
I agree, would be nice to see some OVA of her return o fill that blank spot at the ending.
Mar 26, 2012 3:27 PM

Jan 2012
Dalek-baka said:
jimjameswhatever said:

but they are not

I just remembered that......I guess the ending isn't too bad.....Still wish there could've been more though =/.....At least she got to come back though....
Mar 26, 2012 3:30 PM

Feb 2012
I have to say the melodrama kinda annoyed me in the first half, like the drones would actually kill their friends and one gift from Bolivia got katakana written on it, what the hell.
But Remon was the BOSS here, seriously kicked ass. I want more from her not the other ones and I agree, Ichika got back, she wore the Bolivian shirt or what thing is called.
Mar 26, 2012 3:30 PM

Oct 2011
Really great episode at the end i was expecting more Ichika but i was very happy when i saw Ichika with the poor mexican shirt ! Hope for an OVA or maybe another season who know ?
Mar 26, 2012 3:33 PM
Jan 2012
As much as I like to hate on this show, I'm really gonna miss it :( It was a pretty good ending I'd say. Now for some notes:

Why is Kaito STILL calling Ichika Senpai? STILL? Especially when she's leaving? SENNNNNNNPAIIII, I forgot your name because I lack any kind of emotion! Jk Kaito is a decent MC, he just made the wrong decision and stuck with it.

Best part: Ichika being taken away GTFO!!! In all seriousness, it was a really well done scene.

Best MOMENT: all of them watching the movie. The emotions flowing through everyone there were INTENSE. Kanna of course was the best, and I feel so sad for her still. Kaito didn't even care that she was crying. This proves that at least he stays with what he wants. What an idiot though.

And my man Tetsurou! He still wants to encourage get Kanna with Kaito. I knew he was a good guy! Or at least that's what it looked like when everyone was going home. Unfortunately, Kanna dodged the issue.

So for the OVA I want:
Kanna Route
Kanna Episode
Just Kanna being Kanna
Oh and no Ichika (jk)

I'll never forget that summer...for at least a little while...
Mar 26, 2012 3:33 PM

Oct 2010
It would be good to also mention that both Onegai Sensei and Twins got a sequel in a single OVA. On both cases they are pretty good in comparison with the parent story so we can only hope this also get an single episode OVA to show how the ending was film.
But also those anime where done by a different studio (and im not a big fan on how JC Staff handles their work) so don't hold your breath.
huh?
Mar 26, 2012 3:35 PM

Oct 2011
Blaz said:
The tree says Mizuho, and that was Mizuho's voice at the lake =)

Dat voice!

I knew that voice was awfully familiar (but rather from Ah! My Goddess marathon)

so they made a conection... nicelly done :)

Ahri said:
I just remembered that......I guess the ending isn't too bad.....Still wish there could've been more though =/.....At least she got to come back though....

Honestly I was quite dissapointed at first (while it was still playing) that she had to go and such.
But those last seconds went awwwwwww - and it was exactly the same as with that series I mentioned.
Yet that part between departure and ending could be a bit shorter.
Mar 26, 2012 3:38 PM
Dec 2011
It isn't a bittersweet ending. She comes back
Check the last few seconds of the anime after the credits finish rolling. It shows Ichika wearing the Brazilian outfit that Kai's sister bought for her. Anyways Remon was super awesome; MIB lmao.
There will be an OVA so it will probably expand on this.

7.5/8 out of 10 stars

a very enjoyable cliche romance.
Mar 26, 2012 3:39 PM
Dec 2011
Solkiskey said:
THE LAST SCENE RUINED EVERYTHING, WHAT THE HELL WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Went from a potential 9 to 7. Wasn't a bad anime.

what last scene? the fact that she comes back? lol
Mar 26, 2012 3:40 PM

May 2011
I will say this Lemon being MIB was a nice twist. I really enjoyed that part with her going all K and J on the rescue pod. So Lemon, Manami, and Satoshi were all high school classmates and both Lemon and Satoshi were MIB agents. Which makes Lemon flat out telling the gang she was a MIB agent, and them rejecting it, all the more hilarious.

They reached their goal only to have The pods all take her away. You sorta knew even if they reached their goal that the pods would take her away. They are mindless drones. It still was painful to watch Ichika and Kaito struggle.

It seems like the story of the previous encounter was quite similar to Ichika's encounters with Kaito.

It got emotional for me when they did the private screening at the house after it was all over. Mio teary eyed was tough enough. But when they showed Kanna hunched over and Kaito streaming tears, I started doing the same. I'm usually hit and miss with emotional stuff. I guess when you like the characters enough of a series you start to feel empathy towards their pain. I certainly liked all the of characters from this show.

I really felt like that was going to be it. But it was nice of them to drop the hints for us to realize there was an eventual happy ending. The plaque on the table where Rinon was munching at said "special visitor" when Lemon looked up at the screen that showed the Spaceship that was the same model from Ichika's home planet. She smiled. It was most likely Ichika's ship. The final clue is the poncho that Kaito's sister brought home from Bolivia. In the final scene, the one showing the screening of the movie at the festival, Ichika is wearing the same poncho that Kaito's sister had bought for her. "Fin"

I had to watch the ending part twice. but when I did, It sorta put a big grin on my face. I'm sorta upset i didn't get to see the reunion. But I'm glad that the writers did give us one. I would have loved to see it though. They could make up for it by having a special OVA episode involving a love motel similar to another series. *wink wink*
Mar 26, 2012 3:40 PM
Aug 2009
Seeing as how everyone is singing their praise of this anime, I'll have to make it a little less one-sided. I can understand how people can like this series. It's a series that's all about the characters. You either love them or hate them. I personally hated the living shit out of them. For me, it was probably one of the worst animes I've seen when it comes to the characters. Everything they did or said I thought was either completely moronic or entirely unbelievable. The icing on the cake was Remon being part of the MIB. I mean, REALLY? I'm assuming the writer just went ahead and pulled that one out of his ass. That was the most ridiculous Deus Ex Machina I've seen in a long time, and I just finished Guilty Crown. So, in short, I despise this anime and hope to fucking God we never get a second season.

Ok, that felt good to get that off my chest. As I said, though, I completely understand if you people like the characters and this series. It pretty much comes down to personal preference. Just thought I'd let people know that the love for this anime isn't quite unanimous.
Mar 26, 2012 3:41 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Well...time to let go and move on.
Mar 26, 2012 3:41 PM

Mar 2011
ahh yeah!
one of the best romantic animes i've seen in a while!
that was awesome. :)
in the second part of the episode i felt sooo bad 'cos ichika wasn't comin back and was really nervious, but it turned out well.
really good anime

Mar 26, 2012 3:43 PM

May 2009
After they confirmed it's Onegai world it's time for spicier OVA.
Mar 26, 2012 3:44 PM
Jul 2018
The ending was really well executed, I suppose what happened is that the MIB developed enough tech for Earth to be recognized by the federation, allowing her to come back <3
Mar 26, 2012 3:44 PM

Jun 2009
Onegai Teacher, wait for me this summer~!

Amazing end 'nuff said. I didn't expect something like a platoon of MIB agents suddenly showing up to deal with drones, but hell it was fun. Even Remon having connections with them is belieaveable, she seemed to know more than others from the start.
I was sure i'd be raging when Ichika will go back to her planet, but i was sonwehre near mad when it happened. I knew she WOULD return after all, and indeed. Like Remon said, last scene of the movie was played by Ichika when she came back.
Nice Bolivian shirt too i guess?

I'm a bit dissapointed by lack of further Tetsurou x Mio development. Sure after previous episode it was obvious there wouldn't be any time for that, but they got things straight and just a little hint of them becoming closer by the end when the opening song was playing would be much appreciated.
Now please make me a sequel OAV to see more romance i'm such a sucker for.
OrochiPLMar 26, 2012 3:48 PM
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 26, 2012 3:45 PM
Jan 2012
HammersFan10 said:
Seeing as how everyone is singing their praise of this anime, I'll have to make it a little less one-sided. I can understand how people can like this series. It's a series that's all about the characters. You either love them or hate them. I personally hated the living shit out of them. For me, it was probably one of the worst animes I've seen when it comes to the characters. Everything they did or said I thought was either completely moronic or entirely unbelievable. The icing on the cake was Remon being part of the MIB. I mean, REALLY? I'm assuming the writer just went ahead and pulled that one out of his ass. That was the most ridiculous Deus Ex Machina I've seen in a long time, and I just finished Guilty Crown. So, in short, I despise this anime and hope to fucking God we never get a second season.

Ok, that felt good to get that off my chest. As I said, though, I completely understand if you people like the characters and this series. It pretty much comes down to personal preference. Just thought I'd let people know that the love for this anime isn't quite unanimous.

You're right though. The writing for this series was pretty poor. Characters weren't developed thoroughly, thus relying on plot devices and cliched tropes to push them forward. Important plot points were also handled poorly, as you mention with the Deus Ex Machina type resolutions. Not even close to being as bad as GC though. I still found it entertaining until the alien reveal at least.
Mar 26, 2012 3:48 PM
Dec 2011
HammersFan10 said:

it is under the genre of comedy,sci fi aliens, romance. Underline comedy and sci fi aliens.
What do you expect? Not much of a shocker to me. The anime wasn't great but I thought it wasn't horrible. It was average. Another "suspension of belief" argument to invalidate an anime. Not much of a review here. Same thing people said about "Another". OMG entirely unbelievable EVEN though the anime is based on a superstitious curse. Do people not read the genre of the anime before watching?
AnimeTroll1088Mar 26, 2012 3:54 PM
Mar 26, 2012 3:53 PM

Dec 2010
Great series, very memorable, and as for my take on the end, i think she did come back, because of the jacket but also because of the dialogue being different in the movie, Kaito says your ship broke again, different than the first filming, meaning after she came back they filmed it again, or at the very least some scenes; another piece of evidence is how they described the movie, the film they saw when they were crying was amateur film filled with their emotions but the students described it as filled with effects and such; and also there is no point to her wearing the jacket if she didn't come back, so for that reason awesome ending :D Kaito x Ichika!
Mar 26, 2012 3:54 PM

Aug 2010
HammersFan10 said:
As I said, though, I completely understand if you people like the characters and this series. It pretty much comes down to personal preference. Just thought I'd let people know that the love for this anime isn't quite unanimous.

If someone thinks the ending is bad or the anime that's fine but I think more people here are complaining about the idiots that think the ending is bittersweet when it obviously isn't.

I personally found the ending to be great. While I won't lie and say that I would've preferred to see more of the reunion, knowing there was a reunion compared to thinking that there wouldn't be one at all was nice. The last few seconds made the ending better at least for me.
Mar 26, 2012 4:01 PM
Dec 2011
anyone else think Mio got trolled by Tetsuro. He asked her to go on a movie date with him but now it seems like he hasn't made a move on her. :3
Mar 26, 2012 4:02 PM

Jan 2010
What a fucking mess this show was.

Typical JC Staff.
Ok™
Mar 26, 2012 4:03 PM

Sep 2008
Pretty decent..... only thing that sucked where Coalguys terrible troll subs.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Mar 26, 2012 4:12 PM

Feb 2012
Good ending. I hope they make an OVA.
In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 26, 2012 4:21 PM

Nov 2011
Good series overall. One question though, Just how long has passed during the last scene? It's obvious that their group has already graduated from the High School since no one knows about them.

That also means Ichika came back during the school year finished the film and then left it behind after they graduated and are most likely married or something now. An OVA would be great to wrap it completely.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

choyos - Feb 6, 2012

198 by cableguyjay »»
Today, 4:19 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cirris - Jan 30, 2012

171 by cableguyjay »»
May 26, 5:16 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 23, 2012

193 by cableguyjay »»
May 18, 9:08 PM

» Anyone still a fan?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

19 by samuraibuss »»
Mar 22, 2:58 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 19, 2012

189 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.