Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 5, 2011 8:42 AM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Initial F/Z(;´∀`)
Nov 5, 2011 9:04 AM

Feb 2011
Seemed a little extreme to take out the whole building....

But it looks like we are getting the the kirei/gilgamesh alliance...interesting

btw....did anybody else lol at where they zoomed in when Gilgamesh was pouring the wine?
benevolentfatherNov 5, 2011 9:08 AM
Nov 5, 2011 9:09 AM

Oct 2011
So far i'm loving the car scene. Poor saber.
"Everyone dies nya"
Nov 5, 2011 9:14 AM

Aug 2011
benevolentfather said:
Seemed a little extreme to take out the whole building....

But it looks like we are getting the the kirei/gilgamesh alliance...interesting

btw....did anybody else lol at where they zoomed in when Gilgamesh was pouring the wine?

destroying the entire building really suits Kiritsugu's actions. more impressive was the animation of it, it was incredible, and of course, kirei in this episode has some guts.
Nov 5, 2011 9:22 AM

Jan 2009
benevolentfather said:

Yea I kinda found myself lol'ing too. Joy and crotch sort of comes together no?

But I found it more funny with Kayneth talking about his neigh impenetrable defenses and kiritusugu just goes "guess wut huh I'll just take everything out ;o" together with a badass cool men don't look at explosions moment. Reading the novel and watching the explosions gave a completely different feel.

Irisviel is one woman you don't want to get behind the wheel. Man that was just some crazy awesome driving.

And woo we get to see BLACK KEYS! Can't wait to see more kirei action, he's so badass.
Nov 5, 2011 9:31 AM

Jul 2011
Art seemed a bit off at the beginning of the episode, but the storyline managed to enthrall me deeply enough that I forgot about it. Great episode, it's developing further.

5/5
mdzNov 5, 2011 7:51 PM
Nov 5, 2011 9:33 AM

Jun 2009
Kayneth being NTR'd right in his face while the person who is doing it is not aware as well.

That kinda feel bad.
Nov 5, 2011 9:44 AM

Dec 2009
Good episode. Kiritsugu exploding the building... That was great. It is sad Shirou didn't follow Kiritsugu footsteps.

Kirei going out despite being "supposedly" defeated. That guy right now is a little irrational.

And lol at Irisviel's driving.

Overall I loved this episode.
Nov 5, 2011 9:46 AM

Jan 2010
I'm really glad that they kept the 300SL in it. I would have been pissed if ufotable "modernized it" and put a SLS AMG into the show even though it takes place in 1994. The little things like that solidify that this is indeed an excellent adaptation.
Ok™
Nov 5, 2011 9:49 AM

Apr 2007
I have to agree with Gilgamesh, Tokiomi is rather boring.

And finally Kayneth's beauty appears~ Too bad for him she's already fallen for Lancer's curse. That truly sucks.
Nov 5, 2011 10:05 AM

Nov 2007
lol @ the driving in the beginning!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 5, 2011 10:08 AM

Sep 2008
Anyone getting the impression that there were some cut scenes during the conversation between Caster and his Master? It looked like the Master was having his fun with mutilating corpses which was too much for the TV airing.
Nov 5, 2011 10:12 AM

Oct 2009
ggultra2764 said:
Anyone getting the impression that there were some cut scenes during the conversation between Caster and his Master? It looked like the Master was having his fun with mutilating corpses which was too much for the TV airing.

Nov 5, 2011 10:18 AM

Jan 2010
A part of me is actually glad that the Caster/Ryuunosuke scene got censored. It's a bit early for a human anatomy class.

And finally, Kirisugu being badass and Kirei getting some action scenes. Loving it.
ShockedNov 5, 2011 10:27 AM
Nov 5, 2011 10:23 AM

Sep 2008
Topgunuk69 said:
ggultra2764 said:

That might have been it then. There was a shot of the Master taking some blood-soaked pins onto a tray and it would pan away to shots of the inside of the building which obviously means something got axed.
Nov 5, 2011 10:40 AM

Feb 2010
great ep again only negative no Rider this week.
Nov 5, 2011 10:40 AM

Jan 2011
Shocked said:
A part of me is actually glad that the Caster/Ryuunosuke scene got censored. It's a bit early for a human anatomy class.

And finally, Kirisugu being badass and Kirei getting some action scenes. Loving it.

Uncensored scenes for me are still better, the more impact, the better score for the show.
Also for human anatomy class, I lol'ed.
Nov 5, 2011 10:44 AM

Oct 2010
ggultra2764 said:
Topgunuk69 said:
ggultra2764 said:

That might have been it then. There was a shot of the Master taking some blood-soaked pins onto a tray and it would pan away to shots of the inside of the building which obviously means something got axed.

Glad that got censored .
Kiritsugu as bad ass as ever. loving it.
Nov 5, 2011 11:25 AM
Aug 2010
ggultra2764 said:
Well you can only go so far when it's being aired on TV so it's understandable that ufotable wouldn't animate it...atleast for the TV airing version.
Nov 5, 2011 11:26 AM

Aug 2008
The driving scene was so lolworthy.

We get quite a bit of info on what goes on in Kirei's mind. This sort of explains the tension between him and Kiritsugu and why Gilgamesh likes Kirei (huge foreshadowing for FSN, for those of you who have played the game).

Blowing up the whole building seemed... pretty excessive. Lol.

Also, eww @ the scene that was supposedly censored with Ryuunosuke :

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 5, 2011 11:46 AM

Jun 2008
Hum the animation was cool, but i think previous eps had better animation.

Well about the ep, im also glad the scene of the 15 children probably already dead didnt appear *shivers*

Iri driving was so hilarious!

And finally, have to say this:

GILGAMESH WAS SO GAR. His hair down totally suits him. Loved his calm attitude and his informal clothes~ I was expecting to see him pissed but it seems he already recovered from the battle.

Indeed. Tokiomi is boring.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Nov 5, 2011 12:06 PM

Nov 2009
Decent enough episode. I like the dialogue in the Gil/Kirei scene from the LN a lot more, though.
Nov 5, 2011 12:16 PM

Sep 2008
I wanted more driving scenes...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2011 12:30 PM

Jan 2011
HawthorneKitty said:
I wanted more driving scenes...

That was epic. I so wanted to see Saber going nuts in the scene, but it wasn't going to be like her at all.
You guys might as well want to see this video.
NiyawaNov 5, 2011 12:34 PM
Nov 5, 2011 12:35 PM

Dec 2010
Good episode. I like the way this is going, but I do find it a little weird that the servants reveal their identities to others so quickly. Being that the anonymity of a servant is one of his greatest strenghts, they sure give it up pretty easily.
Seven years of power, the corporation claw
The rich control the government, the media, the law
To make some kind of difference
Then everyone must know:
Eradicate the fascists, revolution will grow...
Nov 5, 2011 1:22 PM

Jul 2007
Linkark07 said:
It is sad Shirou didn't follow Kiritsugu footsteps..

He did. Except that he had at least four or five multiple interpretations of those footsteps :)

Hell the whole point of FSN is shirou trying to emulate kiritsugu, his ideals, etc, because of shirou's psychological/emotional condition (since at the start of FSN, shirou, is, how to put it, unable to feel anything through himself)

Not to mention that
Nov 5, 2011 1:36 PM

Oct 2009
Fai said:
Not to mention that

Nov 5, 2011 1:49 PM

Jun 2009
Loved the car scene at the beginning of ep. Iri sure has awesome driving skills. ;D I'm surprised she didn't crash into anything while driving like that. ;D
Caster talking to Saber was really funny. He's so sure that she's Jeanne and wouldn't listen to a thing she says. That made me laugh so much. :D
Hmm, so this is the beginning of Kirei and Archer allience. They might as well turn their backs against Tokiomi.
Nov 5, 2011 2:00 PM

Jul 2010
Irisviel and her driving...0_0 I would have been scared shitless. A MILF with crazy driving skills. What a character.

Censored scenes with Caster and his master. Not surprising there.
Nov 5, 2011 2:13 PM

Feb 2010
awesome episode especially the car scene xDDD
stupid cencoring lol

can't wait for next weeks episode :DD

JanaBanananaNov 8, 2011 1:44 PM
Nov 5, 2011 2:20 PM

Aug 2010
Irisviel is a boss. The best part of the whole episode was her driving.
Nov 5, 2011 2:33 PM
Oct 2011
They should have made these as OVA's instead. The way they cut out important scenes like this is ridiculous.
Nov 5, 2011 2:58 PM

Nov 2009
i love ryuunosuke
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2011 3:08 PM
Oct 2011
aelove said:
i love ryuunosuke

You are crazy, you psychopath you.
Nov 5, 2011 3:41 PM

Dec 2007
TsukiLunar said:
They should have made these as OVA's instead. The way they cut out important scenes like this is ridiculous.

Why the hell would you want to wait multiple months if not a year for a new episode?

The BD box will have the 'full' episodes that they could not air on TV, so likely that is where you'll get the scenes that were cut out.
Nov 5, 2011 3:50 PM

Aug 2011
prismheart said:
Irisviel is a boss. The best part of the whole episode was her driving.

Yeah, someone please make a gift of Irisviel Driving skills :D
Nov 5, 2011 4:37 PM
Oct 2011
Meddigo said:
TsukiLunar said:

Why the hell would you want to wait multiple months if not a year for a new episode?

The BD box will have the 'full' episodes that they could not air on TV, so likely that is where you'll get the scenes that were cut out.

We are doing the same thing with Hellsing and Gundam Unicorn.
Nov 5, 2011 4:47 PM

Jun 2011
So... Lancer didn't dead? :O
Amazing~
Nov 5, 2011 5:03 PM

Sep 2007
Kiritsugu and Maiya so very badass.
Nov 5, 2011 5:06 PM

Jan 2008
Meddigo said:
TsukiLunar said:

I hope we'll get all the scenes. This show is too epic to censor it just like that...

It was a great episode, like every previous one, cool driving of Iri and total awesomeness of Kiritsugu destroying Kayneth's "awesome unaccessable building" ^^ Just great. And ofc - the more Gilgamesh in each episode, the better for everyone xD
Nov 5, 2011 5:34 PM

Feb 2009
I am glad they censored the mutilation scene in the novel. Blood I can handle, gore I can't.

I really liked this episode. The driving scene was especially good.
Nov 5, 2011 5:39 PM

Jan 2011
I have no difficulty with not showing graphic scenes of torturing children--we've got the point that Gille and Ryuunosuke are crazy and evil, I don't need to watch them at work.

As to why some of the servants are revealing their names, it comes down to three causes: they're crazy (Caster), they're bound by some code of knightly honour (Saber and Lancer), or they're kings of the known world and have the egos to match (Rider and Archer). You'll note that neither Berserker or Assassin have revealed anything (although to be fair neither of them are great conversationalists in the first place).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 5, 2011 5:46 PM
Aug 2011
It's odd to me that people say it's boring, few of my friends found this episode dull. If it was fighting non stop it would be good but not be worthy of high ratings.

Caster be crazy, but we already knew that. Irisviel's driving is epic, no fear at all. xD
Nov 5, 2011 5:55 PM

Jan 2009
wow too much foreshadowing although the last one was obvious for those that watched/read f/sn
amirhossNov 5, 2011 5:59 PM
Nov 5, 2011 6:39 PM

Oct 2009
Initial D.

I'm unable to find a voice within me to respond to this episode. I cannot say anything. Even the words that I'm about to say dies as they try form on my tongue -- or rather, while they rattle around in my brain.
Nov 5, 2011 6:43 PM

Jun 2009
I don't really mind them censoring the torture scene, but I don't see how they're going to show Caster's fights if they're going to censor every bit of blood.
Nov 5, 2011 7:04 PM

Jan 2011
Caster is really crazy but that's what makes him an interesting character.
Nov 5, 2011 7:19 PM

Dec 2010
Oh wow from last episode I thought Caster was gonna try and molest Saber (and obviously fail) but glad I'm wrong.
Nov 5, 2011 7:24 PM

Oct 2008
No Rider this ep =(
Nov 5, 2011 7:40 PM

Jan 2009
How does el-meloi expect his wife to remain loyal when he himself brings home a good looking man with TWO spears?

And if that's what was censored, I think it was a good thing. But if in an actual fight caster ability involves anatomy classes, than I hope they don't just show the ceiling lol
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite female character in fate universe?

Ain2Zwei - May 21

38 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Jun 5, 11:37 AM

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Apr 26

19 by Ashikhi »»
May 25, 5:39 AM

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.