Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 8, 2008 4:32 PM
Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
No discussion about this episode?

I thought it was epic.

General cross finally shows up D:
Jul 8, 2008 5:58 PM

Jan 2008
Awesome ep. Finally Cross appears!

btw your avatar made me lmao.
Jul 8, 2008 6:46 PM
Jan 2008
TheMoonShinigami said:
Awesome ep. Finally Cross appears!

btw your avatar made me lmao.

lolz yea CC ftw (with cheese kun and pizza hut of course) XD

I like how Cross fight. He has the same style as Vash from trigun. that is pure BA. XD

I loled when he threw allen
Jul 8, 2008 7:55 PM

Aug 2007
I already knew what would happen anyway. Though it was nice seeing Cross animated.
Jul 8, 2008 7:59 PM

May 2008
Cross really did make Allen and Lavi look like small fries.
Jul 8, 2008 9:00 PM

Jan 2008
Cross=awesome, I knew he was gonna pwn that noah
Jul 8, 2008 10:45 PM

Feb 2008
aaaa the whole episode just felt like it was about five minutes long.
Jul 8, 2008 11:52 PM

Jan 2008
found it pretty slow yet epic, Cross is finally out in the scenes and kicking arse
love the 'ruinion' between Allen and Cross
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2008 12:06 AM

Feb 2008
ahhhh, Lavi, NOOO!!! (although I'm sure he'll end up being fine, haha)

Freaking awesome episode though. General Cross pretty much owned. Maria kinda freaked me out, but his weapons were sweet. Getting more exciting, so looking forward to next week!
Jul 9, 2008 3:10 AM

Apr 2008
Hmmmmmmmmm COULD be really better , but manga alrdy fucked that up I guess, FINALLY CROSS APPEARS WHOOOOOT the moment we've all been waiting for !! BUT then one of his akuma weapons, supposed to be superspecialawesome coffin badass thing, turns out to be quite lame weird SINGING OPERA-ISH thing ... >_< That was kinda a let-down for me, but Cross is cool and his gun with bullets is fucking awesome, so that makes up for the Maria :)
Jul 9, 2008 7:06 AM

Jul 2008
i loved this episode it was amazing especially the various facial expressions from Allen when cross shows up XD
Jul 9, 2008 8:51 AM

May 2007
Good stuff with Cross' appearance. Next few episodes with the battle against the Earl should be good, granted they are animated properly.
Jul 9, 2008 8:55 AM

Jun 2008
General Cross is so cool!! I like his anti-akuma weapons including Maria. He so totally stole the show!!

LOL!! Poor Allen. No matter what situation he is in, he is still very terrified/sceptical of his master!!

No...Lavi. It's pretty sad like as if his weapon has betrayed him.
Jul 9, 2008 10:48 AM
May 2008
good episode.... plot is moving slow though...
Jul 9, 2008 11:27 AM

Mar 2008
Poor Lavi and Allen. They spend multiple episodes being beaten by "Tyki" and then Cross comes in an totally owns the Noah. In less than a episode. >__>

Lol, at the "reunion" of Cross and Allen, and Allen's expressions. xDD

Aw. Lavi. T_T But, like Kanda and Krory, I doubt that he's actually dead.
Jul 9, 2008 3:46 PM
Jul 2018
cross ftw! god allen and the rest hav a long long way to go......
kewl xD
Jul 9, 2008 4:28 PM

Dec 2007
Great episode. The interactions between Cross and Allen were just too hilarious.
I like his fighting style, and he sure makes Allen and Lavi look like they're worthless.
Jul 9, 2008 5:48 PM

Dec 2007
Thank god Cross came in so Allen's and Lavi's fight against Tyki doesn't get dragged on any longer. Very awesome and interesting that Cross is able to control and use two innocence at the same time.
Jul 10, 2008 10:03 AM

May 2008
It makes me wonder is Cross exceptionally strong compared to the other generals? B/c the first general (I cant remember his name) that got killed, was up against the normal tyki and lost... Yet Cross just owned him.
Jul 10, 2008 11:54 AM

Dec 2007
I'm so happy that Cross finally appeared. <3 I really love his Innocence. ^_^
SNDK said:
Great episode. The interactions between Cross and Allen were just too hilarious.
I like his fighting style, and he sure makes Allen and Lavi look like they're worthless.

Pretty much. God, that made me laugh so hard when Cross just picked up Allen and just threw him. o_o

I'm hoping that Lavi & Chaoji are okay though. ((more like, I hope Lavi's okay)) :D
Jul 10, 2008 3:22 PM
Apr 2008
freakman012 said:
It makes me wonder is Cross exceptionally strong compared to the other generals? B/c the first general (I cant remember his name) that got killed, was up against the normal tyki and lost... Yet Cross just owned him.

You mean Kevin Yeeger? I could only recall he was up against 2 Noahs, not just Tyki. & the most probable reason why he could be defeated so easily is that he was terrified stiff by Road's ability.
Jul 10, 2008 7:36 PM

Jul 2008
darkxdestiny said:
You mean Kevin Yeeger? I could only recall he was up against 2 Noahs, not just Tyki. & the most probable reason why he could be defeated so easily is that he was terrified stiff by Road's ability.

Total psychological warfare on that episode. Was one of my favorite episodes. Loved how she destroyed him from the inside.

As for this episode, I find myself continually impressed that this show continues to hold my interest. Can't wait to find out what happens next.
Jul 12, 2008 4:38 PM

May 2008
o ya. forgot that road was there too.
Jul 12, 2008 6:54 PM

Oct 2007
allen has reached 100% synchronization... so supposed to be at captain level
but hes not even close to being as gg as cross

Jul 13, 2008 10:55 AM

Jan 2008
ukiuki said:
allen has reached 100% synchronization... so supposed to be at captain level
but hes not even close to being as gg as cross

nope, not true, he synchronized OVER 100%, at least i think they said that :p
~de Arimasu
Jul 13, 2008 10:50 PM

May 2008
D.gray man's anime is awesome! I mean it's seriously epic unlike some other manga-adaptions! Cross was surprisingly handsome. I loved his style (i'm a sucker for glasses and masks) and his symbol is so cool. Grave of Maria's awesome too. Hymes rock.
"I've read so much manga that at times my mind works in comic panels and dramatically expressed chibis. I'm both ashamed and amused by this."

Jul 14, 2008 9:12 PM
Feb 2008
hmm, I think I disagree that the anime adaptation has been epic. I've been a bit disappointed with the animation of the battles lately.... too many shiny purple things and minimal character movement. I just haven't been that excited about D. Gray Man lately for some reason... I guess it's because I read this part already and the animation isn't exciting enough for me to want to watch it again. Maria's voice was also weird, I thought they would just have a person but it's like an entire choir. Oh well, Cross is still such a badass and Maria's costume is amazing, I think I see a potential cosplay there, if only I weren't so short.
Jul 14, 2008 9:38 PM
Jul 2008
I too have been disappointed by the animation. I'm actually kind of looking forward to the filler we're probably in for after the ark arc is over. At least then I'll have two different things to look forward to, and not just a mediocre-ly animated version of the story I've already read.
Jul 15, 2008 9:06 AM

Jul 2007
interesting thing that lavi's hammer crumbled suddenly.

still cross was really badass! i thought maria was hotter than that XD
Jul 31, 2008 11:40 PM

May 2008
Alpha_522 said:
I like how Cross fight. He has the same style as Vash from trigun. that is pure BA. XD

Yeah, except with super cheap addons :P

God dam, cross is a bamf. oops i shouldnt say god dam, or else i can never achieve my life goal of becoming an exorcist
Aug 1, 2008 2:40 AM
Jun 2008
uwahh this was an awsum ep
i loved cross's appearance
and how he completely killed the seriousness of the moment xP
olala. fancy. he's got 2 anti akuma weapons xO
cant wait to see allen n earl fite
and lenalee is still useless. damit GIV HER BAK HER LEGS.
Aug 22, 2008 4:50 AM

Aug 2008
Mixed feelings about his weapons. When I saw the chains I was like, awesome! Then he opened the coffin(!?) and a woman appears that sings. I thought to myself that it was the lamest weapon ever, but then he pulled out Judgement and I was content again :D

And wow, Cross really is horrible towards his apprentice.
Sep 23, 2008 5:20 AM
Aug 2008
freakman012 said:

Yeegar was kind and considerate, which may have put him at a disadvantage against Noahs.

Cross, on the other hand, is a narcissistic megalomaniac, which means he would probably snap out of a hostile mind control attempt in less than a second.

Edit: I can just imagine Road Camelot snapping him into a dream and trying to play on his insecurities.

Road: Now I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, is this a parallel dimension, or a hallucination?

Cross: In fact, I'm thinking you're the desperate jailbait that's trying to get together with my idiot student.

Road: His massive egotism! Not even my mind control can crack it!
formosanSep 23, 2008 5:25 AM
Oct 7, 2008 12:09 PM

Mar 2008
First things first:

CROSS IS AWESOME!!! 8D (though not as awesome as Lavi who seemed to disappear this episode which is baaaaaaad T^T)

Second:
Does anyone else think it's wierd that Tykki got all powerful and everything when Road is supposed to be the oldest Noah and yet died so easily? I thought she'd kind of possessed him at first and it was like a Tykki-Road combo but I don't think I'm right xD pity though... would make the random super power-up make more sense :/ And would explain why the door was still there when Road was supposedly dead :/

Oooh and also: Kanda appeared in the ED sequence so fingers crossed for a magical revival xD
Nov 23, 2008 6:54 AM
Apr 2008
LAVI IF YOU'RE DEAD I'LL KILL YOU. (:
good ep, looked like such an awkward moment when cross came out and just pwned the tyki-thing in about 5 secs.
Dec 21, 2008 9:45 AM

Aug 2008
Cross's appearance, one of the few times I've enjoyed the show's humor in a serious moment. We finally get to see Cross in combat and man is he impressive. I shouldn't have been surprised he has a woman be his side, even as Innocence.
:-/
Jan 8, 2009 6:51 PM

Apr 2008
IncognitoOtaku said:
ahhhh, Lavi, NOOO!!! (although I'm sure he'll end up being fine, haha)

Freaking awesome episode though. General Cross pretty much owned. Maria kinda freaked me out, but his weapons were sweet.

I feel the same way. Lavi!!! Come back!!!

I had mixed feelings about finally meeting Cross but he lived up to and beyond any expectations I had. He was great! ^.^
Nov 21, 2009 5:16 PM

Jun 2009
Finally Cross appears! Oh, I like him very much)))
I love the moment where his Maria is singing.
But Lavi... T_T But I don't think that he is really die, like Kanda and Krory.
Feb 3, 2010 10:13 AM

Jan 2009
"Emmm...nice ...to see...you again.." & "You're filthy, idiot apprentice!"~~~~ feel da luv ~~~

I LOVE Cross already ! Maria's Grave and Judgment are amazing [they had to be, we've been waiting for 90 ep to see them], and Cross is H.O.T. *_*

As for Lavi, he had to go down somehow, just like Kanda and Crowley did, to put him on the same level of importance as character as them... Now I'm waiting for the miracle that's gonna bring them all back *_*! There has to be one!

Feb 7, 2010 8:21 AM

Sep 2008
Ahaha, the reunion between Allen and Cross was great. 8D Well I thought it was a great episode... Allen and Lavi do look pretty weak compared to Cross, as Lavi realised... The difference was pretty stark. But what the heck, Cross! XDD He only likes beautiful things... Should have expected that after all of this.

I did kind of get annoyed by the... thing's... (Maria's?) singing/hymn. And of course, Tyki got pwned by it and Cross.

GAHHH I hate the Earl so much!
Apr 21, 2010 2:38 AM
Nov 2008
It was an ok episode. From the preview in the previous episode, it was pretty obvious that Cross was already going to show up. I hate Lenalee though. She's really starting to get on my nerves. All her lines are either "Allen-kun!" or "Lavi!" God, it's annoying. The main characters suck! Bring in more Noah or the Earl for pete's sake!
Sep 4, 2010 4:39 PM

Jun 2009
Awesome episode. Cross totally made my day, I thought I would dislike him but I think he's one of my favorites now. He owned the battle, his anti-akuma weapons are impressive; he defeated Tyki while Lavi and Allen couldn't do anything at all. Heck, he even made me laugh and not be bothered by the sudden comedy in the middle of the battle, Allen's expressions at his master were hilarious, and when he threw him, I was giggling.

I wonder how are they going to make Lavi and Chouji return. I want to the watch the next episode now~

Oh, it must be said: I still feel the animation is dropping.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Dec 24, 2010 10:07 PM

Dec 2010
This episode was SO GREAT Cross finally arrived and totally Bad Ass! I love him! I was wondering if he'd ever show himself <3 the reunion between Allen and Cross was lovely/s
Lavi NOOOO! He has to come back!! why couldn't it have been Lenalee that fell?!
Jan 8, 2012 5:18 PM

Dec 2009
Ahhhh it was about time Cross showed up. Nice!
Jan 7, 2013 8:11 AM

Jan 2012
Finally Cross showed up. I was loosing hope already. Damn his gun is cool.

Apr 11, 2013 4:43 PM

Feb 2011

Epic.
May 8, 2013 12:57 PM

May 2012
Finally Marshal Cross showed up and damn his power level sure is different then from Allen and Lavi! But now the Earl also appeared so this will become an epic standoff and rescue of the members that fell in the water, or at least I hope they will be able to rescue them!
RafaelDeJonghMay 8, 2013 1:18 PM
Dec 23, 2013 2:42 PM

Nov 2011
Damn, Cross is pretty badass. I didn't expect him to use that Maria to fight against Tyki in such a fashion.
Jun 20, 2014 9:00 AM

Apr 2014
91 episodes in and we see cross! Also, he's so cocky, I love it.

Aug 27, 2014 3:34 AM
Dec 2011
i love you cross.... oh god.. allens reaction was so dull to me i love there relationship :3 fat ass comes huh! (earl) :3
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 51 Discussion

ashura - Oct 5, 2007

24 by Cammell »»
Mar 23, 6:49 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 20 Discussion

kie_ - Sep 14, 2008

27 by Gouveiaa »»
Jan 10, 4:08 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 3 Discussion

andrewsch5658 - Jan 30, 2009

27 by lovefromyani »»
Jan 10, 12:43 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 2 Discussion

andrewsch5658 - Jan 30, 2009

41 by lovefromyani »»
Dec 26, 2023 1:40 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Jul 16, 2008

83 by lovefromyani »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.