Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 22, 2011 8:55 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Every plan has used in order to win, in the end it was the team work that was the one to win all thanks to Index-girl and Tomoka's believe in her.

Followed by Tomoka vs Subaru rematch of 50 shoots to get his coaching back.

lol @ his "confession" to tall girl (Last Order-chan).

Improvement to Subaru talking to girls is lol~

Subaru telling Tomoka like that... makes me not sure if he likes her or just her shootings.

Became Wives??!!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 22, 2011 9:17 AM

Nov 2008
Hinata's charm made for a very cute moment and a charging violation for the Boy's team.

Tomoka and Subaru blushing, oh man those feelings are slowly coming, but anything more than that won't be animated most likely.

Jul 22, 2011 9:22 AM

Oct 2010
This episode totally sucked shit with the boy’s match but it got me excited enough for their match. My 2 favorites scenes were of Tomoka’s pose shooting as follows,

It was nice because she was seen as like a angel by Subaru thus the part in the OP of her.

The other part is Tomoka as follows,

I just think the MOE is shown nicely there in regards to Tomoka.

About the match, it starts with a beautiful flashback of that last scoring. I learn that according to the following spoiler
Airi has asthma! Not a good thing IMO for sports in general. Having fun is no problem but competition wise not sure. Hinata was quite pleasant to see surprised here and of course Tomoka praying is nice. So it begins the match. We have Airi protecting rather well but what’s this? Oh! Beautiful dodge of the boy’s team! Airi fearing here for her failed guard. He shoots Layups style and he scores! Beautiful shot there. It goes on with Saki around having the ball and oops too late here for the ball as it is already out of her hands with a “Ups for grabs!” So he shoots Layups style and he scores! The boys are all cheering on the bench! While the girls are all down with fatigue and sweat. Here comes Takenaka here and he shoots! Scores with a beautiful rebound! Fantastic move to score! That was exciting with the score being 24 boys VS 18 for the girls! Sounds like a nice 6 point margin.

It goes on with a boy dribbling while everyone is on guard and he shoots! Oh no! A miss! Ball bounced from the rim! This does not look good at all but wait oh what a evolution list up!
  • Airi in the spoiler
    for a first time push out a boy and stole the ball! What a reverse and evolve!

• As if that was not enough evolve #2 that of Tomoka in the spoiler
    I call it “Hyper pacing” where Tomoka changed her pacing into super fast mode to run past the boys. She is like the flash for a moment. Takenaka is totally surprised by it! That is an amazing revolution!
So it continues with Tomoka and from the way she shoots in the spoiler
it looks like a Layups. She scores with a nice rebound. I was totally at that time like Ogasawara is here, super angry! While Mihoshi was being a tease right down. It continues with Tomoka! 2 boys guarding her. Oh what is this? A attempt to shoot? O_O Can it be that it’s a 3 point line as it shows here? OMG it’s good! The shot is good! OMG that is a far shot! There is then a go and going with Tomoka doing a Layups again here. Takenaka having the ball going wild in. He shoots and scores nicely! Except we don’t see it. Maho is running with attention and Saki is trying to get a pass. While Airi keeps trying to do interceptions/scoring and Hinata is getting tired with all that running effort. With merely a 1 minute and 28 seconds left on the clock with a 30 for boys VS 28 for girls, it looks to be a tight game. It continues with Takenaka here getting a little nervous but what is this? Oh no! A steal by Tomoka in the spoiler
OMG! What are you doing Takenaka losing your concentration! WTF were you thinking? Tomoka shoots but oh no! She is blocked by the 2 boys but that’s OK since it goes in. Despite that there is still a fault! >_< Shit! Penalty shot is scored by Tomoka here. Ah damn it! By this time in the game it really get close. What’s this? Takenaka shooting! He scores! Nicely scores and there is Ogasawara getting really nervous! In thee end Maho shot in and Tomoka is teary happy. While all the team jumps in towards her! So happy match?
WTF are you all talking about?
This match was shit! The boys were buffoons for the Hinata tactic and for leaving Maho unguarded!
This was totally a miracle win. There is nothing more than those 2 factors that I outline below in response to another post.

Nothing more.

Points for the after match party,
  • I loved seeing the gang with Subaru in the spoiler
    and Mihoshi shoving her foot into Subaru’s face was totally hilarious! I ROFL!

• Loved seeing everyone doing fireworks in the spoiler
    it was a nice part in general with a Mihoshi challenge towards Subaru.

• The chat was interesting again in the spoiler
    it looks like some Greek place? Roman Possibly? Maybe it’s Arabic from the looks of the building’s roof.
The episode in general was exciting with the match but once the girls won it kind of sucked. I put up what I wish it would have been instead of putting stupid flag points.
Yumekichi11Jul 22, 2011 10:29 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 22, 2011 9:26 AM

Nov 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
The boys got enticed by Hinata's MOE way over the top.

Hinata's moe is like Aria's moe in Sister Princess and they seem to emanate the same type and level of cloudcucoolander as well, Hinata is just all over the place and Aria is shy and noble.

Jul 22, 2011 9:43 AM

Oct 2010
Hoppy said:
Yumekichi11 said:
The boys got enticed by Hinata's MOE way over the top.
Hinata's moe is like Aria's moe in Sister Princess and they seem to emanate the same type and level of cloudcucoolander as well, Hinata is just all over the place and Aria is shy and noble.
Well if you mean her:
http://myanimelist.net/character/5444/Aria
IMO the kusu expression of Aria is way over MOE compared to Hinata's Aah even though that is MOE too. Just my IMO is that Aria is > Hinata. It's Aria expressions that are more appealing to the ones of Hinata.

Clearly there needs to be a re-match and the boys should smarten up! They can like so use parc courts or other schools through connection or like recreational centers. You must be stupid to think all you have is one basketball court in the whole city. Seriously.

My male pride is hurt though. TBH. You are talking to someone who was a captain of a basketball team and lead them to the semi-finals against the teachers of our school. I went through my share of this in this game TBH.

Jul 22, 2011 5:03 PM

Nov 2010
pretty sure this is just going to be a Loli Harem with a bit of basketball xD
Jul 22, 2011 5:22 PM

Oct 2010
QueueQ said:
pretty sure this is just going to be a Loli Harem with a bit of basketball xD
With that they decided to put after the game instead of extending it to over time, yeah you are right.

I want a re-match against the boys somehow. Like WTF are they going to do now that the match is over? Maybe start a tournament against other basketball teams of girls like in high school or something. No serious this my though about the game:
It sucked! WTF were the boys doing at the end leaving Maho unguarded or not going for a possible interception?

Seriously the game was won by 2 factors:

• The cheesy cheap ass loser Hinata tactic in the spoiler
    that was not a charging fault at all! It’s proven here! Right here! That Subaru told Hinata to make it look worse than it looks. That is a cheesy shit ass tactic. It only proves one thing, that of Subaru acknowledging that the boys are stronger than the girls and that they would lose if they did not do that. Which goes back into admitting defeat in a way. Well anyway I won’t got further with my frustration, the referee was over Moefied by Hinata and felt bad.

• The second factor is the sudden block of 3 people on Tomoka, her shooting wildly in the spoiler
    only to miss and have Maho pick up the ball to score right away before the counter reaches 0? That is pure miracle + magic Did you know that Maho in English = to magic. Ding dong! A miracle with some magic made the last point. Did you know that the shot went from Maho’s hand at like 3/4 of the last second before it reached 0. That is totally a miracle. I am willing to accept that factor but the Hinata one was plain cheap.
My wish would be to have not made that shot happen during the penalty when Tomoka was shooting and after have the penalty shot count only. That way that last shot would create a draw and we would go into overtime. Now that would be the best! Not all that shit that happens after the match.
Blackbird said:
Subaru might have improvement talking with girls, but indeed sound like a confessed lol.
I am 100% sure that Tomoka like Subaru.

Indeed I have 4 flag points.
  • the First one is during the party after the game. It’s obvious that while Maho was joking with Subaru x Airi that Tomoka got jealous in the spoiler
    even Maho noticed it. So major flag there for the 100% from Blackbird.

• The fireworks part in the spoiler
    has multi killer Tomoka blushes mostly towards and around Subaru. So it’s a big hint also.

• When his mom mentions the girl’s team and the fact that Tomoka came to his house in the spoiler
    is obvious that on his side he has something for Tomoka.

• Subaru inviting Tomoka into his room all alone except perhaps for his mother in the house to watch a game of basketball among the pros in the spoiler
    is a total big give away with the blushing that Tomoka does around that part. I mean I-n-v-i-t-i-n-g g-i-r-l a-l-o-n-e i-n y-o-u-r r-o-o-m. Some thing must compute here for Subaru. Don’t forget to add the nice dinner Tomoka had with Subaru’s mother being happy during that time and it sounds to me like Tomoka is getting closer to the family along with being accepted by it.
So yeah Tomoka is madly in love with Subaru.

My other flag moment is the obvious Airi one.

Blackbird said:
That was quite funny in the end hehe.
^_^
Well everyone love Subaru.
That was quite something indeed in the spoiler
all the girls wearing nothing but school swimsuits and aprons. Will we like get some hadaka aprons in the Bds instead that kind of display?
Yumekichi11Jul 22, 2011 9:18 PM

Jul 22, 2011 7:31 PM

Feb 2008
I thought Tomoka would get it in but Maho made the last goal, Subaru might have improvedment talking with girls, but indeed sound like a confessed lol.
I am 100% sure that Tomoka like Subaru.

That was quite funny in the end hehe.
^_^
Well everyone love Subaru.

I don't know what is going on next episode, probably will be that way.
Subaru regained his passion for Basket.

Very likely there will be a tournament or something.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 22, 2011 8:08 PM

Sep 2008
Man, Mama Mamiko Noto sure makes some delicious looking food.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2011 8:59 PM

Aug 2010
Is Subaru going to overlook Aoi for Tomoka? Should be interesting, I like Aoi though. Lol at shikkaku fansubs for putting in your pants after Get Fired Up for the title of next episode, I don't know if that's actually part of the title though.
Jul 22, 2011 9:32 PM

Oct 2010
prismheart said:
Is Subaru going to overlook Aoi for Tomoka? Should be interesting, I like Aoi though.
Yeah same here, I love Aoi for the following 4 points:
  • Got to love her stripped panties as she kicks Uehara in the spoiler
    even though I agree with Uehara what he called Subaru here as along with his face. That kick was win on Uehara.

• Loved the 2 blushes of Aoi in the spoiler
    especially the second one if you see that from the looks of Subaru’s eyes and smile that he did see them indeed. Thus he gets his ass kicked too. :D

• My favorite part is the way Subaru dodges Aoi during the basketball game in the spoiler
    that dodges was nice but so was the nice face of Aoi here. I loved how she liked playing basketball in general.

• Finally I loved the face she did after the game and the walk she got with Subaru in the spoiler
    that was a very nice walk IMO.
So this why Aoi is awesome and she is of the right age for Subaru whereas Tomoka is plain too young. Not if Subaru’s thing can TBH.
prismheart said:
Lol at shikkaku fan subs for putting in your pants after Get Fired Up for the title of next episode, I don't know if that's actually part of the title though.
Oh yeah? Major fan service coming up?

Jul 22, 2011 9:34 PM

Feb 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Clearly there needs to be a re-match and the boys should smarten up! They can like so use parc courts or other schools through connection or like recreational centers. You must be stupid to think all you have is one basketball court in the whole city. Seriously.

Well seeing as part of the reason they lost was that they were arrogant, over-confident little jerks... yeah, they probably didn't think of that. Maybe they will now that they've had some of that wind knocked out of them by losing to the girls team. God knows they needed it. o(>< )o o( ><)o They'll hopefully end up better players for it too as they should have learned that they can't take future opponents (male or female) lightly.

Yumekichi11 said:
It sucked! WTF were the boys doing at the end leaving Maho unguarded or not going for a possible interception?

See the above, they weren't guarding her because they considered Tomoka to be the only threat, even their coach/adviser thought that, and it ended up costing them the game. Arrogance/over-confidence is the downfall of many people, and that happens in real-life sports all the time (we've got a local college team around here that's rather notorious for getting over-confident and losing games in the second half due to it). ( ̄ー ̄)

Kudos to the girls for thinking of that though, they're learning how to play as a team already, even with very little real coaching.
O(≧∇≦)O

What's actually surprising, and many people commented on this in the last episode's thread, was that these boys were supposedly district champions. And they were never in command of that game, not even after the half when 4/5ths of the girls were worn out and could barely play. They were, at best evenly matched. Sure Subaru used some tricks, like with Hinata, but all that really did was buy some time, it didn't win them the game. The only free throws we saw the girls' team make were by Tomoka for something that was an actual foul (albeit accidental). Seems the boys were all talk and no skills, or they were so over-confident that even after getting behind they didn't get serious about playing. Either way that's not the mark of a championship team. ( ̄へ ̄)

I really was hoping for a better image of Hinata in that dress she had on at the party, it looked really cute, but it never really showed it very well. ―(T_T)→
Jul 22, 2011 9:41 PM

Aug 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
So this why Aoi is awesome and she is of the right age for Subaru whereas Tomoka is plain too young. Not if Subaru’s thing can TBH.

That blush was my favorite part too (aside from seeing her panties haha). Yeah, I tried to rationalize it by their ages. Tomoka has to be about 12 and Subaru is probably around 16 (maybe 15) but I'm just going off American school ages. It is weird but I wonder if this show will try to handle it like Lotte no Omocha where they just played down the whole lolicon thing and the sexual aspect and focused more on a friendship sort of thing. I don't know if that makes sense, let's just root for Aoi anyway.
Jul 22, 2011 9:43 PM

Nov 2009
The scene I'm waiting for (which is going to happen if this follows every other anime) when Subaru is walking with Tomoka or Aoi and the other female see's them thus causing a mass mental breakdown.
Jul 22, 2011 9:54 PM

Aug 2010
Blacksaber said:
The scene I'm waiting for (which is going to happen if this follows every other anime) when Subaru is walking with Tomoka or Aoi and the other female see's them thus causing a mass mental breakdown.

I'm about as sure that something similar to that will happen as I'm sure the sky is blue.
Jul 22, 2011 10:28 PM

Jul 2010
50 free throws in a row? Geez, I'd be happy to make two in a row!
Jul 22, 2011 10:39 PM

Oct 2010
manabilt said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Well seeing as part of the reason they lost was that they were arrogant, over-confident little jerks... yeah, they probably didn't think of that.
Yeah they were over confident because they though the girls were all weak due to gender. Well now they will practice in different places and will get better.
manabilt said:
Maybe they will now that they've had some of that wind knocked out of them by losing to the girls team. God knows they needed it. o(>< )o o( ><)o They'll hopefully end up better players for it too as they should have learned that they can't take future opponents (male or female) lightly.
Well what does not kill you makes you even stronger is the general motto. They only lost by 1 point BTW.
Yumekichi11 said:
manabilt said:
See the above, they weren't guarding her because they considered Tomoka to be the only threat, even their coach/adviser thought that, and it ended up costing them the game.
Yeah I figured but they still had 2 other guys and if one of them though that Saki is more dangerous than Maho clearly they missed out that Saki scored not much but Maho scored better.
manabilt said:
Arrogance/over-confidence is the downfall of many people, and that happens in real-life sports all the time (we've got a local college team around here that's rather notorious for getting over-confident and losing games in the second half due to it). ( ̄ー ̄)
It's a human vice that needs to be eliminated so realizing it through games is one thing. So this lost may be something, that still did not stop my super rage during the match.
manabilt said:
Kudos to the girls for thinking of that though, they're learning how to play as a team already, even with very little real coaching.
O(≧∇≦)O
Yeah, their team work is scary at the evolution level it is going.
manabilt said:
What's actually surprising, and many people commented on this in the last episode's thread, was that these boys were supposedly district champions. And they were never in command of that game, not even after the half when 4/5ths of the girls were worn out and could barely play.
They were in command like a lot when the girls were worn out. I don't exactly see why would they not be in control of the game when their scores were always above the ones of the girls until the 30/30 tie.
manabilt said:
They were, at best evenly matched. Sure Subaru used some tricks, like with Hinata, but all that really did was buy some time, it didn't win them the game. The only free throws we saw the girls' team make were by Tomoka for something that was an actual foul (albeit accidental). Seems the boys were all talk and no skills, or they were so over-confident that even after getting behind they didn't get serious about playing. Either way that's not the mark of a championship team. ( ̄へ ̄)
You got it wrong, the boys were not all talk. They had the skills. The Layups were nice from the boys and their dodging was good too. They are fast like Tomoka except Tomoka is faster but only when she wants to. Well nice comment exchange with you.

Cheers!

Jul 22, 2011 10:41 PM

Nov 2008
Well.. when you tripple team you WILL leave someone wide open but you're banking they will not get chance to effect the game.

Also the move Subaru puts on Aoi is the same move Tomoka puts on Him later on so I assume there may be some more 1 on 1 practices ;p
Jul 23, 2011 12:16 AM

Jul 2010
I always thought making 50 free throws would be impossible for her. I can barely make less than 5 free throws in a row.
Jul 23, 2011 12:43 AM

Jun 2009
Welp, I made 10 in a row and I don't play basketball that much. 50 is possible for Tomoka since the ring is adjusted for loli's

"Oh Mokkan. So you want to give him what is precious to us girls", "I will give him mine as well"

Oh you lucky Subaru.
Jul 23, 2011 12:51 AM

Jun 2010
Now that this arc is over, I wonder what the next arc is? Maybe the championships or something like that. Why do they always need to have some cosplay outfit whenever he enters their gym.

Jul 23, 2011 2:26 AM

Apr 2010
The whole romance thing between tomoka and subaru is just adorable <3 Couldn't stop smiling.

Show is turning out to entertain me more than I thought it would.
Jul 23, 2011 3:36 AM

Sep 2010
Shikkaku's "in your pants" attached to "Get fired up!" at the end. Oh you.
Jul 23, 2011 4:13 AM

Jun 2010
The final shot in this episode reminds somebody of the Ron Artest game-winner vs the Phoenix Suns in the 2010 NBA Western Conference Finals.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNVC50WeuS0

Playbook:
http://nbaplaybook.com/2010/05/28/ron-artests-buzzer-beater/

Simplified Analysis:
ninjaluc79Jul 23, 2011 4:47 AM
Jul 23, 2011 4:47 AM

Sep 2010
tomoka & aoi so cute :D, well they all are but those 2 are best.
also PANTSU <3.

nice episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2011 5:27 AM

Jun 2009
ninjaluc79 said:
-snip-

Except Tomoka didn't ballhog and airball it like Kobe did. It was a intentional pass from Tomoka to Maho.
Jul 23, 2011 5:43 AM

Oct 2010
Master => Oniichan => Darling

Aw man that Subaru is one luckiest bastards in the world, the girls giving him a welcoming fanservice every times he returns. Only this time with naked apron (...well not really. There are swimsuits underneath.)

Tomoka got all jealous after Subaru confessed to Airi. :D She must really want him.

Oh and I can't help but laugh when Subaru's classmate mentions how she was unable to grow any taller
Jul 23, 2011 7:33 AM
Jan 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
This match was shit! The boys were buffoons for the Hinata tactic and for leaving Maho unguarded!

Since i really can't be bothered getting everything you said about the match being bullshit, I'd just like to point out that the main objective of the girl's team was not to show any sort of skill to the boy's team, but the keep the club intact. So cheap tactics such as Hinata's charm are approved. Also, these are elementary schoolers. You can't blame them for falling for cheap tactics if you want to think so realistically about this anime. kthxbai
Jul 23, 2011 7:58 AM

Oct 2010
icycoldpepsi said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Since i really can't be bothered getting everything you said about the match being bullshit, I'd just like to point out that the main objective of the girl's team was not to show any sort of skill to the boy's team, but the keep the club intact. So cheap tactics such as Hinata's charm are approved. Also, these are elementary schoolers. You can't blame them for falling for cheap tactics if you want to think so realistically about this anime. kthxbai
Yeah I agree with your point but it's only one of the many I expressed.

To be short, it has to do in having put more efforts with a over time period. Well you can't deny how happy I was in the beginning with the boys performing really good and right at that time where the boys say we win, I was right after O_O due to the Maho pass just saying it was still good. It's more the execution of the match that could have been better instead of adding after party, fireworks and flags parts.

They better do a amazing match soon. This match was good to start off with.

Jul 23, 2011 8:06 AM

Jun 2010
13man18 said:
Now that this arc is over, I wonder what the next arc is? Maybe the championships or something like that. Why do they always need to have some cosplay outfit whenever he enters their gym.

Since RKB is slated to only have 12 eps, we won't see much outside competition for the girls, unfortunately. Unless we have two options:

1. Make matches only last for 2-3 eps, 1 ep games are much better, but then, I don't think they could reach the district tournament under this set-up, considering the shape the girls are in right now. So, a sixth man could really, really help the team progress outside of school.

2. Settle for a "Dear Boys"-like team until RKB can get a Season 2 where they probably can feature the sixth man.

IMO, I prefer #1 if only the series is slated beyond 12 eps. How sad.

-Quasar said:
ninjaluc79 said:
-snip-

Except Tomoka didn't ballhog and airball it like Kobe did. It was a intentional pass from Tomoka to Maho.

Well, that's the main difference of that. But if you look closely at the fanfares of the actual NBA game and the RKB game, you would notice some similarities. I mean, heck, look at the face of the Suns coach. It looks like just the same as the way the boys' coach sulked at their defeat.

EDIT: On another thought, OMG! RKB has an all-star cast!

I won't be surprised if they get KugiRie to play a tsundere sixth man!
ninjaluc79Jul 23, 2011 8:30 AM
Jul 23, 2011 8:37 AM

Aug 2010
animelly said:
I always thought making 50 free throws would be impossible for her. I can barely make less than 5 free throws in a row.

I've seen someone hit almost 100 free throws in a row. I've hit 10 three pointers in a row though, I was pretty happy about that.
Jul 23, 2011 9:49 AM
Dec 2007
ninjaluc79 said:

I won't be surprised if they get KugiRie to play a tsundere sixth man!
I would say not likely because she's playing several main roles already but we're talking Kugimiya Rie here. She's one of those extremely overworked type of seiyuu. Hanazawa Kana is well on her way to over-saturation too...who I might add voices Tomoka in RKB.

Jul 23, 2011 10:19 AM

Feb 2010
The power of friendship overcomes hard work~

This guy so lolicon, lol "I enjoy watching her toss balls around" real good :)
Jul 23, 2011 11:13 AM

Jan 2010
Good episode, but I dunno if I should find Subaru "confession" to the tall girl cuto or kind of creepy (leaning towards creepy).

Also Subaru have some feelings for tomoka- which I'm going to be honest I really don't want to see- and it looks like it's going to grow some more during the season.
Jul 23, 2011 1:22 PM

Apr 2011
Hina taking a flop was predictable enough, and is definately a realistic move if not necessarily a legal one. I believe excessive flopping can be grounds for a technical foul or some such ... I'm pretty rusty on my basketball rules. I hope Subaru plans on eventually teaching her how to play, and not just have her there as a flop machine.

I'm also glad they answered one of my questions from last week, showing that yes, the boy's team does have a bench (at least 4 alternates). That would also explain why they outpaced the lolis until the very end. Their ace player probably plays the full 40 or whatever minutes tho.

The second half was more Subaru x Tomoka relationship building. If those two DON'T end up in some kind of lolicon relationship I'll be surprised, and disappointed. I don't want him to wind up with Aoi, I hate her character trope, pantsu flashes or not. I'd honestly love it if he turned the team into his personal loli harem but I doubt that's the direction they're going in this series, AT-X or no. :P

I found the 50 free throws pretty believable, especially considering how much she practiced and how many times she tried and failed before succeeding. Sometimes she made it to 25, sometimes in the 30s, but the more she did it the more likely she'd make 50/50.

I'm digging this series, it's one of the 13 shows I'm watching I have no plans to drop. The lolis are just too cute, and the outfits they use to greet Subaru keep getting hotter as well.

5/5
Jul 23, 2011 2:51 PM

Jul 2009
He could technically fake to stop coaching them, just to see how they would dress up for the next time he comes back.

The records for free throw that i've heard of are 1663 in an hour, but not consecutive, and with several ball-givers. Or somewhere around 200 consecutive throws in an hour.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jul 23, 2011 3:38 PM
Jul 2018
MelbShaw said:

Best Post of this thread.

I'm the only one who find tsubaru¡s sister extremely annoying ?
Jul 23, 2011 5:21 PM
Dec 2007
codes said:
MelbShaw said:

Best Post of this thread.

I'm the only one who find tsubaru¡s sister extremely annoying ?
The actual Girl's Basket team advisor? That's her aunt, she just has a very young look.

As for that quote...you guys must be watching one of those half-baked sub groups.

Jul 23, 2011 6:46 PM

Feb 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
You got it wrong, the boys were not all talk. They had the skills. The Layups were nice from the boys and their dodging was good too. They are fast like Tomoka except Tomoka is faster but only when she wants to

Yes they were, the facts speak for themselves. They were down by 6 points after the half (score 10 to 16), the final score was 32 to 33. So in the 2nd half, against a team that 4/5s (or simpler, only one had decent play experience and endurance) of has almost no play experience, and were worn out (no endurance either), they managed to score just 22 points (which is probably decent for a 6 minute half). But they also gave up 17 points (15 of which were before the final shot) during that same half, against that same weak, worn out team. I don't care how good Tomoka is, that's abysmal defense on their part. Which may be true, seeing as up by 1 point with seconds left they relied on triple teaming Tomoka and completely ignored the rest of the girls. No one even ran over to try for the rebound! They also had a huge advantage in their team being bigger, allowing for substitution of fresh players. There were at least 8 boy players (one's hidden behind the adviser, but you can see his shorts between the adviser's pants legs.) Unless every single team in the district is pitiful, that's not the play of a district championship team, not at all. So yes, they were all talk, if they actually do have skills they left them at home for that game. Even over-confidence & arrogance doesn't explain the failure of defense at the end. When you're in a 1 point game with seconds left, you simply do not have the game won.

-Quasar said:
"Oh Mokkan. So you want to give him what is precious to us girls", "I will give him mine as well"

Oh you lucky Subaru.

Only if he likes stuffed Alpaca's:

( ̄▽ ̄)ノ
cutemanabiJul 23, 2011 6:51 PM
Jul 23, 2011 9:10 PM

Jul 2008
I think this show is a little underrated. I find it kind of endearing lol.
Jul 23, 2011 10:56 PM

May 2011
"Her form is beautiful, as always" Lolicon prince sounds about right for Subaru. They've actually got a romance starting with all the blushing between him and Tomoka...

Saw the ending coming, though didn't expect it to be wives this time. Lol

Hinata is still the best ofc.
Jul 24, 2011 9:58 AM
Dec 2007
ZeroZx said:
"Her form is beautiful, as always" Lolicon prince sounds about right for Subaru. They've actually got a romance starting with all the blushing between him and Tomoka...
Most of his lines are actually just easy to misinterpret, just as how the nurse and his aunt discuss whether Subaru was thinking of her on a more romantic sense or purely praising her talent when he came up with Tomoka's nickname. Of course this is done on purpose by the show, but I'm sure he's just oblivious, like every other ecchi/harem lead.

Jul 24, 2011 12:10 PM

Apr 2011
The boy's coach is a big moron but this anime is great!

it exeeded my expectations...

5/5
Jul 24, 2011 5:18 PM
Apr 2010
Shame there's only 12 episodes listed. Guess it's gonna focus more on Prince Lolicon relationships and less on a basketball journey. Confession/Proposal to Airi was golden, seeing Tomoko get all jealous about it made it better. Didn't expect the game winner to come from Maho, thought it was Tomoka all the way.

So far so good, can't wait for new episodes!
Jul 24, 2011 10:33 PM

Apr 2010
I really want to for Aoi to be the love interest, i do like lolis from time to time, but elementary students its just too much >.<
Jul 24, 2011 11:11 PM

Aug 2010
You go girls...

Jul 25, 2011 4:05 AM

Aug 2010
FLAGS! So many flags everywhere!

Anyway, decent episode, kept me entertained. I wonder where things will go from now. 4/5.
Jul 25, 2011 1:45 PM

Apr 2008
Best part was the "Welcome back, darling" XD
In a great ep of course.

Jul 25, 2011 3:18 PM

Jul 2010
He just loves looking at her curv-- eh form. He turning into a full pledged lolicon just as I'd feared! >.<

Great episode though. The basketball match kinda reminded me of the one in Clannad. You just know they're going to make it with one point difference in the last second. Still nice to watch though!

Tomoka actually tried and managed to do 50 free throws in a row even though she didn't really need to in order to get Subaru back as their coach. I loved the was she was flustered when she was in Subaru's room. ^^

Jul 26, 2011 8:08 AM

Feb 2010
Hoppy said:
Tomoka and Subaru blushing, oh man those feelings are slowly coming, but anything more than that won't be animated most likely.
There's more than that in the manga? If so I might consider reading it.

Lol, I so expected them to be dressed as maides again, haha.

Hinata was gorgeous yet again.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2011

91 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Nov 15, 2023 8:20 AM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 16, 2011

33 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:57 AM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 9, 2011

43 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:34 AM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2011

45 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Nov 7, 2023 3:31 PM

Poll: » Ro-Kyu-Bu! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Aug 19, 2011

78 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Nov 7, 2023 1:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.