Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2007 5:00 AM

Apr 2007
Well the anime's finally begun airing (yay!), and i watched the 1st ep raw a few days ago since i couldnt wait for subs (didnt understand a thing >,>)

Does anyone know of any groups that have announced that they will be subbing School days? (gow damn... i just saw some huge spoilers on youtube T_T)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2007 10:25 AM

Aug 2006
Watched it raw last night, and really I was not impressed at all. I doubt I'll bother following this.
#dontcare
Jul 5, 2007 11:29 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Siing said:
Well the anime's finally begun airing (yay!), and i watched the 1st ep raw a few days ago since i couldnt wait for subs (didnt understand a thing >,>)

Heh, I just did the same. Only understood a few words here and there, so I'm looking forward to a sub. Not sure who is going to sub it though, we shall see.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 5, 2007 11:42 AM

Apr 2007
I saw the raw out but I'm going to wait for some subs.

Siing said:
Does anyone know of any groups that have announced that they will be subbing School days? (gow damn... i just saw some huge spoilers on youtube T_T)

According to PukiWiki, WinD and Eien no Anime are both planning on subbing this.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jul 5, 2007 12:33 PM

Jul 2007
Paikia fan-subs are working on this(first time ive ever heard of them) but they are the only ones who have uploaded to animesuki as of now.

the anime erm..looks like a real visual novel @_@ not that much animations and stuff...so i guess they're focusing more on the story? seems pretty boring, but the story is pretty much interesting so i'm still watching
Jul 5, 2007 12:34 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
tainteddonut said:
Siing said:

According to PukiWiki, WinD and Eien no Anime are both planning on subbing this.

Now if that's true, that'd be awesome.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 5, 2007 2:05 PM
Apr 2006
just watch the subbed ONA episode...;)
anyway. it was pretty boring imo.../me wants one of the "bad" game endings :P
Jul 5, 2007 2:10 PM

Jun 2007
corroded said:
Paikia fan-subs are working on this(first time ive ever heard of them) but they are the only ones who have uploaded to animesuki as of now.

the anime erm..looks like a real visual novel @_@ not that much animations and stuff...so i guess they're focusing more on the story? seems pretty boring, but the story is pretty much interesting so i'm still watching
That was the ONA, a compilation of the scenes from the game. The actual anime hasn't been subbed yet.
Jul 5, 2007 11:49 PM

Jul 2007
Sidestep said:
corroded said:

That was the ONA, a compilation of the scenes from the game. The actual anime hasn't been subbed yet.

yep i just realized that a moment ago when I was reading the review in random curiousity. Sorry my bad. So that's why it really looked like a visual novel with the amount of animations in it XD
Jul 7, 2007 11:05 AM

Feb 2007
Yeah, the ONA is lame....

I might give up and watch the raw if they don't hurry!
Jul 7, 2007 1:48 PM

May 2007
I think it's mediocre at best. Slow plot development and Ito is meh, but I like where is it going so far. I'll probably watch the next episode.
Jul 10, 2007 7:06 PM

Aug 2006
I thought the first episode was pretty interesting (I liked the ending). Things are turning out very Kimi ga Nozomu Eien like. Although with the majority of animes, typically girls with a "weak body" don't have a bright future (I've got a bad feeling about this :P). Anyways, it'll be interesting to see what the next episode has to offer.
Jul 10, 2007 7:57 PM

Jul 2007
Just watched the first episode.
It seems average, but good enough to keep watching it.
Jul 10, 2007 8:01 PM

Nov 2006
was thinking "suuuuuuuuucks" throughout the whole first ep.
unless we get some blood in here, fast, it's going to be another generic, lame anime.
Jul 10, 2007 10:34 PM

May 2007
it's pretty ok and may be kind of fun to watch but doesn't seem to be anything special. It doesn't break any new ground or anything, seems to be just standard recycled stuff. However if your a fan of romance animes (like me) you will probably find this interesting enough to stick it out for the 13 eps
Jul 10, 2007 10:41 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yay, subs. So I watched it again and pretty much liked it, could turn out really nicely judging from the previews I've seen.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 11, 2007 2:11 AM

Apr 2007
God, people.. <_< Most harem/eroges start slow. Isn't this how Higurashi/KimiNozu started?
And I liked the ONA more than ep. 1. Don't really know exactly why.
I saw some endings of the visual novel, and I'm intrigued if they're going to follow 1 ending or multiple, like Higurashi.
I'm certainly expecting more episodes.
Jul 11, 2007 4:15 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yeah, seriously.

Anyway, I first used AnimeYoshi's sub, h264, and it was really good. I just checked out Conclave's h264 and it's great as well. Out of those I'll pick the one that gets released first, I'm not sure which one I'm going to archive though.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 11, 2007 7:07 AM

Apr 2007
cyruz said:
Yay, subs. So I watched it again and pretty much liked it, could turn out really nicely judging from the previews I've seen.

*nods*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2007 7:16 AM

Apr 2007
First episode was rather ho-hum but from how it ended there is some potential to pick up.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jul 12, 2007 9:14 PM

Jul 2007
isn't it good that the story is moving along pretty fast since they introduced the triangle in the first episode? @_@ just my opinion :D pretty curious as to what will happen in the next few (i haven't played the novel)
Jul 12, 2007 10:58 PM

Apr 2007
I'm suprised that some think the story is moving slow after this first episode. I think this is one of the first romance/comedy type things that I've seen were so much happened this quickly. I'm more used to the shows being based around a potential romance and in this one the guys already asked out his love interest.

Anyways, on the episode itself I really liked it for the most part. Got a few laughs out of the comedy bits :)
Jul 13, 2007 3:58 AM

Apr 2007
^^^ Im with corroded and MistaNight, the first ep wasnt slow at all. It introduced the 3 main charecters, and got all the confessions and so forth out of the way, to produce the love triangle.
Jul 13, 2007 4:01 AM

Mar 2007
I loved it! I Watched the ONA before so when I found out there was a series I got so excited!!! The first episode was heaps good!!!

Can't wait till the second!
Join the Kyonko Fanclub Today! | Join the MAL Tenjou Tenge Fanclub Today!
Jul 13, 2007 2:32 PM

Oct 2006
Things moved pretty fast for a first ep.. and it got me interested, though I didn't see the ONA nor played the game.
Hopefully this will meet my expectations for for it.
Jul 14, 2007 8:50 AM
May 2007
I liked this serie alot,
Looking forward for the next ep. :D
a
Jul 16, 2007 1:09 AM

Oct 2006
zanmato666 said:
I thought the first episode was pretty interesting (I liked the ending). Things are turning out very Kimi ga Nozomu Eien like. Although with the majority of animes, typically girls with a "weak body" don't have a bright future (I've got a bad feeling about this :P). Anyways, it'll be interesting to see what the next episode has to offer.

Ditto. I really can't put a finger on why since it's rather slow thus far and doesn't seem particularly unique (by a long shot hehe), but I like it.
Jul 17, 2007 11:05 PM

May 2007
I'm different from most folks posting here. I loved it. I hope this doesn't become like Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, where I loved how it started and disliked the rest of it (except the end, it wasn't so bad). Best kiss scene I've seen in anime in quite some time... not like that LoveCom where they were smashing their lips together.
Feb 27, 2008 1:07 PM

Feb 2008
Well, I just watched this series because of some spare time. I'm not really interested thou, but I think this will have a good story line. Although this is like one of the normal romance animes, I still like it. But not better than Clannad or Kanon.

But, I hate the voice of Itou, it really annoys me.

The animation is also, I think has an emo style on it? XD LOL!

I'll give this a decent 8. ^^
Feb 27, 2008 1:17 PM

Jan 2008
ohh school days. what a great anime! the first ep was slow but really made me smile in a way an anime never did before!
性的暴行
Mar 1, 2008 10:50 AM
Aug 2007
Dunno about anyone else, but I'm watching it again, still don't understand why people hate this. Yeah, it started off poorly but the second half of the series more than made up for it in my opinion.
May 30, 2008 12:56 AM

Feb 2008
This first episode was pretty interesting, though the kiss at the end was very predictable.
Lets see how this show turns out =P
Jul 8, 2008 4:54 PM
May 2008
Kiss out of no where.
This is how Higurashi started... Cute girls, play time and fun then later you're like what the fuck? Blood? Gore? What happened to the happiness? Seems interesting time for ep #2
Aug 13, 2008 7:54 PM

Jan 2008
It was pretty good, things moved quite quickly but it IS just 12 episodes. Looking forward to more.
Oct 18, 2008 7:39 PM

Dec 2007
I've read from many people that this is the worst anime that they've ever seen, despite that I actually rather enjoyed this episode, let's see just how bad it gets.

#NBHNC
Nov 20, 2008 9:50 PM

Jun 2008
I quite enjoyed this episode. I know what happens in the end of the anime, and am not looking forward to it, but yeah...
Dec 1, 2008 2:57 PM

Aug 2008
Ineteresting anime. Slow plot-pace, but so far is arlight.
I pretty much saw through Sekai's feelings towards Itou.

By the way, Sekai's personality and voice, resembled alot from Miyako Miyamura's, from Ef A Tale of Memories. So much in fact, that I even checked the seiyuu's of the 2 characters thinking they shared the same. Sekai having the keys to the school roof is another obvious comparasion beteween Miyako too.

A love triangle!! Yes! So far my favorite harems haven't had much of a love triangle type of thing, mainly KyoAni-Key's.

I look forward to more from this.
Apr 27, 2009 2:09 PM

Aug 2008
I didn't really like the episode.. I don't know it kind of seemed really rushed compared to other anime where the guy gets the girl in the last ep and not already in the first.

It also seemed to me that Sekai just talks to much!! And why would she help someone she likes to get another girl? I just don't get it!! @_@

But I will continue to watch the series perhaps it gets better along the way and of course for the so called "shocking" ending that it has.

The series has a fairly good story I hope it turns out good.
Jun 9, 2009 7:34 PM

Jun 2008
I started watching this to see what all the hub bub was about since I know it gets crazy at the end. However, it didn't really motivate me to watch any more episodes. We'll see though.
Jun 27, 2009 4:08 PM
Sep 2008
Loved it. Wonder how bad it is... I mean, makoto.
Aug 11, 2009 12:16 PM

Aug 2009
Th episode was really good. Funny, but also emotional in the end. I'm curious about the next eps^^
Aug 16, 2009 11:03 PM

Jun 2009
it was a pretty good first episode, it grabbed my attention and will watch the rest now.
Nov 8, 2009 4:33 PM

Sep 2009
This anime is kinda slow for me, but I'll try it out.

Dec 14, 2009 5:39 PM

Apr 2009
Heard its a bit subdued to start with. Although wasn't too bad. Chuckled on a few occasions.
Jan 18, 2010 8:00 AM

Apr 2009
The ending to this episode was great, I knew Sekai liked Ito but I didn't think she'd do something like that. Now Ito must be completely confused. I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.
Feb 9, 2010 12:47 AM

Sep 2009
I'm almost too scared to continue watching after reading the reviews...but here goes nothing...
Mar 28, 2010 1:00 PM

Apr 2009
Well that was a pretty good first episode... although predictable to an extent I liked how Sekai did what she did in the end... one thing I wonder though is this, maybe it is because I'm coming off a rather protracted period of anime abstinence but don't the character's speak kinda strange? Or is it just me...
May 9, 2010 2:16 PM

Mar 2010
I'm can't bring myself to like the cast.
Episode was kinda slow and boring up until the end.
Gonna watch the next episode and see if I'll drop this or not.
May 26, 2010 11:00 AM

Jul 2009
chibuki said:
I think it's mediocre at best. Slow plot development and Ito is meh, but I like where is it going so far. I'll probably watch the next episode.

Did we watch the same episode? I mean come on, it's the first ep of the show and we even have a confession already, how is this a slow moving plot compared to others of the same genre?
Jul 9, 2010 12:59 PM

Mar 2010
seems interesting ive heard rumors about how this ends makes me wonder if i should continue watching it

"I am the bone of my sword,
Steel is my body and Fire is my blood,
I have created over a thousand blades,
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life,
Have withstood pain to create many weapons,
Yet, those hands will never hold anything,
So as I pray, unlimited blade works"
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is School Days a misunderstood masterpiece? ( 1 2 )

SkyEatsOcean - Jan 30, 2015

51 by Israel_Is_Evil »»
Jun 7, 4:27 PM

» Was Sekai really guilty?

iHateAnimeBro - Jul 29, 2022

23 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 5, 8:25 PM

» why do people like the ending of school days?

uzay99 - Dec 18, 2023

38 by Minhtam24fu68 »»
Jun 3, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Is this worse than boku no pico?

JustSomeone15 - May 29

16 by KayKimii »»
May 29, 6:29 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MistaNight - Aug 8, 2007

200 by Seabury »»
May 15, 6:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.