Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 19, 2:49 PM

Aug 2020
do you guys really think this is one of the greatest rom coms to ever come out since this decade? Don't get me wrong I don't think this show is bad I think it's decent, but I just feel like it's too generic I don't really find it out to be groundbreaking or anything. I'm just questioning the guys who call it peak, like what makes you think that this is peak when it barely does the bare minimum, like calling something the bare minimum peak instead of decent is very misleading. I will watch the rest of the season tho, my bad if it sounded like a rant it's just that I haven't seen a good rom com in a while.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 19, 3:03 PM

Dec 2021
I don't have a very high opinion. It felt very artificial and forceful. Most of the aspects seemed fabricated to attract people. And certain moments/scenes look like they're from someone's fantasies. For me, it's nothing more than a typical shounen romance comedy.

"𝑰𝒇 π’‚π’π’šπ’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ, 𝑰 π’˜π’‚π’π’• 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’π’π’† π’˜π’‰π’ π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’˜π’‚π’π’•π’” 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’π’Šπ’Œπ’†π’”, 𝑰 π’ˆπ’–π’†π’”π’”?"
» [JELEE] «
0:00 〇────── 4:47
β†Ί |◁ II β–·| β™‘

Mar 19, 3:17 PM

Apr 2021
I wouldn’t call it decent and I wouldn’t call it peak.

It is an enjoyable humorous show to watch and that’s why I have been keeping up with it.

Also, people shouldn’t think anime represents reality, because it never does.
ejleonMar 19, 3:24 PM
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Mar 19, 3:19 PM
Mar 2023
It's good. Somehow both horny and wholesome at the same time. Sweet characters. Fun side characters. A unique art style. It's not the _best_ romance, but it's top tier for the past few years. It's better than Yamada, Glasses Girl, Hokkaido Girls, Galaxy Next Door or Realist Boy, to name a few. That said, there's still better out there. Even for the past two years, there's Insomniacs, which is an 11/10. But I still like Heart Dangers a lot. Is it peak? No, but mostly because that term doesn't really seem to mean anything.
Mar 19, 3:35 PM

Sep 2016
Overall I find it good but not peak, my rom com ranking for this decade:
  1. Kaguya-sama
  2. 100 Girlfriends
  3. Romantic Killer
  4. this
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 19, 3:36 PM
Mar 2023
Of course that this is not a peak(Kaguya Sama is peak) but is really enjoyable that every episode is better than previous ones. And in the second season fix main problems and that’s why this anime gets hype.
Mar 19, 3:58 PM
Mar 2021
filthyfrank8142 said:
do you guys really think this is one of the greatest rom coms to ever come out since this decade? Don't get me wrong I don't think this show is bad I think it's decent, but I just feel like it's too generic I don't really find it out to be groundbreaking or anything. I'm just questioning the guys who call it peak, like what makes you think that this is peak when it barely does the bare minimum, like calling something the bare minimum peak instead of decent is very misleading. I will watch the rest of the season tho, my bad if it sounded like a rant it's just that I haven't seen a good rom com in a while.

I'll give my take seeing as you actually sound like you want to hear other people's opinions.

For me personally, I rate shows based on my personal enjoyment of them, even if I can't quite figure out why I have such a great time watching (Frieren being the prime example of that).

For me, I enjoyed watching this show more than any other romance that I've ever seen. (I put the kaguya manga above it but put the Kaguya anime below it).

If we're talking about what is objectively the best though, sorry to say but it's a waste of time discussing such a topic seeing as opinions will always lead to there being no obvious answer and therefore, I will not contribute to that side of the discussion.

Hope this helps.
Mar 19, 4:01 PM
Dec 2019
Hacker075 said:
filthyfrank8142 said:

I'll give my take seeing as you actually sound like you want to hear other people's opinions.

For me personally, I rate shows based on my personal enjoyment of them, even if I can't quite figure out why I have such a great time watching (Frieren being the prime example of that).

For me, I enjoyed watching this show more than any other romance that I've ever seen. (I put the kaguya manga above it but put the Kaguya anime below it).

If we're talking about what is objectively the best though, sorry to say but it's a waste of time discussing such a topic seeing as opinions will always lead to there being no obvious answer and therefore, I will not contribute to that side of the discussion.

Hope this helps.

I can relate to rating shows the same way honestly. For me it’s more about personal enjoyment rather than objectively (since it’s your own personal score it’s pretty obvious that it’ll be subjective and different from others)

I actually rated this above Kaguya anime too based on pure enjoyment and it actually took me a little bit of thinking to figure out why I enjoyed it more. For me, it was just pretty refreshing to see how vast these characters could develop unlike some of those MC’s who get zero development, we can see how much people like Ichikawa (who has an inferiority complex) has changed since the start of the series as he learns self-love, becomes more honest with himself and opens himself up to Yamada and the people around him

It’s also nice to see how Yamada and Ichikawa can be so vulnerable with each other and seeing them talk about their insecurities in past conversations together makes it feel like a real breathing relationship, so I think for me even though it’s anime obviously there’s still that sense of realism there that you can relate to and I feel like that’s something we don’t always get with romance anime. So for me, I decided to give this a 10/10.
KylixerMar 19, 4:25 PM
Mar 19, 4:15 PM
Aug 2021
Fr I was waiting for someone to say that !!

Everyone is calling it a masterpiece but it's basically like any other school romance...
I overall enjoy it but definitely not as much. I was ready to think that I am the problem here lool
Mar 19, 4:21 PM
Jul 2014
I have a hard time getting into romance shows because so many of them feel forced and unnatural. I don't get why the characters like each other because most of them start off with the characters already being into each other or falling for each other within the first episode, love at first sight type of bs. Dangers in my Heart takes the time to show us how and why the characters fall for each other and why they are good for each other. To me this is the most natural and realistic depiction of a growing romance that I've seen in any romance show. Every interaction they have is either cute, funny or interesting and it shows how much chemistry they have together. I also love the character growth of both MCs, just watch the early episodes of season 1 and see for yourself how much they have changed. So yeah, it's peak. There's nothing in this show that I think is bad or mid. 10/10
Mar 19, 4:30 PM
Mar 2021
Kylixer said:
Hacker075 said:

Hope this helps.

I can relate to rating shows the same way honestly. For me it’s more about personal enjoyment rather than objectively (since it’s your own personal score it’s pretty obvious that it’ll be subjective and different from others)

I actually rated this above Kaguya anime too based on pure enjoyment and it actually took me a little bit of thinking to figure out why I enjoyed it more. For me, it was just pretty refreshing to see how vast these characters could develop unlike some of those MC’s who get zero development, we can see how much people like Ichikawa (who has an inferiority complex) has changed since the start of the series as he learns self-love, becomes more honest with himself and opens himself up to Yamada and the people around him

It’s also nice to see how Yamada and Ichikawa can be so vulnerable with each other and seeing them talk about their insecurities in past conversations together makes it feel like a real breathing relationship, so I think for me even though it’s anime obviously there’s still that sense of realism there that you can relate to and I feel like that’s something we don’t always get with romance anime. So for me, I decided to give this a 10/10.

You've summed up my feelings pretty well by stating your own lol. As many others did, I hated ichikawa in episode 1-4 and thought the show was another crappy romance with no substance. But now, the characters growth has become so compelling that it puts a huge smile on my face whenever they break through a barrier (be that between each other or a barrier of their own self growth).

Ichikawa is truly goated in my book.
Mar 19, 4:53 PM

Aug 2020
ejleon said:

It is an enjoyable humorous show to watch and that’s why I have been keeping up with it.

I respect that I enjoy it as well but like I wouldn’t recommend it to someone who has seen this concept multiple times and seeing how much praise this got I was expecting more from it but I just felt like I got the bare minimum I’ve seen anime that kind of does the same thing but better for example tonikawa, it has so many cute/wholesome moments and does deserve the praise, I’m not bitter about tonikawa not getting the recognition but it’s like when I was planning on watching this I somewhat had hope bc of the praise that it has but at this point I feel like modern anime fans would call anime that does the bare minimum peak. also I don’t really look for realism in romance anime.
Mar 19, 5:05 PM
May 2023
Zarutaku said:
  1. Kaguya-sama
  2. 100 Girlfriends
  3. Romantic Killer
  4. this

I can get behind this list
Mar 19, 5:06 PM
Dec 2021
don't get me wrong.
judging by your favorite anime's it looks like your more of a action/drama/shounen enjoyer.
no wonder you don't find it peak like we do.
Mar 19, 5:06 PM

Aug 2020
Kylixer said:
Hacker075 said:

Hope this helps.

I’m kinda surprised that you guys prefer this than love is war. Well idk I am kind of biased when it comes to love is war also I read the manga so I know how it ends. I enjoyed love is war more simply bc of the comedy and the intense moments both manga and anime, the comedy is ok but it doesn’t really make me laugh that much, for the most part this feels more serious bc of the main character. I just didn’t like the main character too much bc of the way that he was introduced as a edgy guy who wanted to kill a girl but falls in love with him but I could relate to him when he’s acting serious and sarcastic.
Mar 19, 5:14 PM
Dec 2019
filthyfrank8142 said:
Kylixer said:

I’m kinda surprised that you guys prefer this than love is war. Well idk I am kind of biased when it comes to love is war also I read the manga so I know how it ends. I enjoyed love is war more simply bc of the comedy and the intense moments both manga and anime, the comedy is ok but it doesn’t really make me laugh that much, for the most part this feels more serious bc of the main character. I just didn’t like the main character too much bc of the way that he was introduced as a edgy guy who wanted to kill a girl but falls in love with him but I could relate to him when he’s acting serious and sarcastic.

Yeah ngl that edgy introduction didn’t make any sense to me either, but in my opinion Ichikawa definitely redeemed himself as one of most developed rom com MC’s I’ve seen, which might sound like a bit of an exaggeration but that’s just my personal take on it seeing how much he’s changed since season 1
Mar 19, 5:15 PM
Dec 2022
filthyfrank8142 said:
Kylixer said:

Well, it's good, nigh peak in fact but not peak. For me, my number 1 romance anime of all time is Kaguya-sama: Love is War. That is peak romcom. 11/10. Dangers in My Heart was one of the best I saw last year and this year (s2). 8.5/10 imo.
Mar 19, 5:17 PM

Aug 2020
Yeager_Kira said:
don't get me wrong.
judging by your favorite anime's it looks like your more of a action/drama/shounen enjoyer.

If u actually look at my list then you’ll see that I rate slice of life/ comedy shows higher than action/adventure anime.
Mar 19, 5:20 PM
Dec 2021
filthyfrank8142 said:
Yeager_Kira said:
don't get me wrong.

If u actually look at my list then you’ll see that I rate slice of life/ comedy shows higher than action/adventure anime.

then maybe you had your expectations a little too high watching this,
that's why you're not getting into it.
Mar 19, 5:32 PM
Dec 2019
Hacker075 said:
Kylixer said:

You've summed up my feelings pretty well by stating your own lol. As many others did, I hated ichikawa in episode 1-4 and thought the show was another crappy romance with no substance. But now, the characters growth has become so compelling that it puts a huge smile on my face whenever they break through a barrier (be that between each other or a barrier of their own self growth).

Ichikawa is truly goated in my book.

Edgy Ichikawa was pretty funny but also cringe ngl. Regardless, this show’s been an absolute joy to watch, seeing how the two get closer and closer each episode, I think I’ll be a bit sad when it ends in 2 weeks but I think I’ll be glad that I was able to experience such a story unfold in the first place. And hey, it’s not like it’ll end here. We could get a season 3 in a few years, who knows.
Mar 19, 5:52 PM
Negator

Mar 2022
I don’t have a ton of romance series under my belt, but I’ve been watching more and more of them recently because it’s a genre I’ve slept on for way too long. This is my absolute favorite of what I’ve seen so far. As far as the comedy aspect for the rom com in this, it’s pretty good, I chuckle often but it isn’t what I love the most about it.

For me I just really like how these two characters interact, how they learn about each other, which helps them learn about themselves, the way they handle any misgivings/misunderstandings is always handled quickly and maturely, and it’s very wholesome. I can see why some might say it feels “artificial” because it’s the whole super popular beautiful girl falls for the socially awkward weird quiet kid thing, but if you look past that and just look at them as people, status aside, their connection is really enjoyable and feels real. They both look past the stereotypes and initial impressions of each other, and learn how they really function and who they truly are. The way they talk about each other and defend the other with how they really know them, it’s nice to see. The way their relationship continues to grow and how they’re always getting to know each other better is really engaging. The side characters are really fun too and I enjoy any time they get on screen (besides Adachi maybe, but he’s getting better. I’m just not a fan of his character type in general). There are other aspects I really enjoy about it that I can’t quite put my finger on, but I absolutely love every single second I spend watching this, and I plan to read the manga soon as well.

As I said, I haven’t watched a ton of romance so it’s possible the more I watch, something else might come along that I enjoy more, but I don’t think my overall love for the series will ever waver. And of course not everything is meant for everyone, so it’s to be expected if others don’t feel the same about it.
Mar 19, 5:56 PM

Apr 2021
filthyfrank8142 said:
ejleon said:

I respect that I enjoy it as well but like I wouldn’t recommend it to someone who has seen this concept multiple times and seeing how much praise this got I was expecting more from it but I just felt like I got the bare minimum I’ve seen anime that kind of does the same thing but better for example tonikawa, it has so many cute/wholesome moments and does deserve the praise, I’m not bitter about tonikawa not getting the recognition but it’s like when I was planning on watching this I somewhat had hope bc of the praise that it has but at this point I feel like modern anime fans would call anime that does the bare minimum peak. also I don’t really look for realism in romance anime.

Thank you for explaining and I understand your perspective, this can be very frustrating and confusing.

However, I’m not one to compare anime, even if they have surface level similarities or more, meaning I do not think in terms of “this anime did it better” or “this anime is better then that one”.

For me, I unwind and relax at home, then throw on an anime to watch, it is just something to enjoy on my down time, so if I like the story, even if it’s similar to others, I’m fine with it.

I have watched both BOKU NO KOKORO NO YABAI YATSU and TONIKAWA, they were both enjoyed and fun for me, in their own way.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Mar 19, 5:56 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to bahimiron
It's good. Somehow both horny and wholesome at the same time. Sweet characters. Fun side characters. A unique art style. It's not the _best_ romance, but it's top tier for the past few years. It's better than Yamada, Glasses Girl, Hokkaido Girls, Galaxy Next Door or Realist Boy, to name a few. That said, there's still better out there. Even for the past two years, there's Insomniacs, which is an 11/10. But I still like Heart Dangers a lot. Is it peak? No, but mostly because that term doesn't really seem to mean anything.
bahimiron said:
Even for the past two years, there's Insomniacs, which is an 11/10

I've been reading BokuYaba and Insomniacs as manga since 2019 and I think both are great in their own merits. You can't really compare the two. Both are coming of age stories, but one is a seinen romance with a heavy penchant for possible drama and interest in a particular hobby (nightsky photography), the other one is a shounen romcom which feels different because the main male character is more three dimensional, more real than your average potato guy in so many other romcoms out there.

@filthyfrank8142

Would you care to explain why you consider this show "too generic" or what other romcom you consider "groundbreaking" and doing more than the "bare minimum"? Can you name another shounen romcom based in junior high in which the male lead is growing emotionally and physically like Ichikawa does over the span of a year, for example?
This is just one of many aspects why I like this anime and consider it head and shoulders above other recent shounen romcoms like Ijiranaide Nagatoro-san, Kubo won't let me invisible or The Girl I like forgot her Glasses.

A show doesn't need to be groundbreaking for people to feel like it's peak almost episode for episode. If the basics of character writing, story progression and pay-off are done exceptionally well, that's sometimes all a show needs to make people happy.
Mar 19, 6:07 PM

Jun 2023
Yes, this MY GOAT romcom, not yours.

Mar 19, 6:08 PM
Nov 2023
it's my favourite Romcom since Kaguya Sama season 3, it's a cliche romance anime but takes the clichés to the next level, the shy socially anxious protagonist actually developes, the girl isn't just a pixie dream girl and the side characters are amazing
Mar 19, 6:53 PM

Jan 2013
I think otaku just love this because it's a self-insert type of MC (short, average, unpopular) with a tall, beautiful, model waifu, but it's actually good and the characters are well developed. Personally, the wish fulfillment just feels too strong, I don't find myself really caring about them as a couple or finding it believable. Oh, and the cringe is off the fucking charts, but that's probably realistic.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 19, 6:58 PM
Jun 2023
Idk about best rom com of the decade but it's my favourite rom com of all time
Mar 19, 7:21 PM
Sep 2021
I don't think it's one of the best romcoms to come out this decade. It is pretty good though. Considering I've watched almost every romance that's come out in the past 5-7 years.. I'd say however it's maybe top 20 during this period, for me anyway. Exactly where in the top 20 I can't say. For this period, it isn't top 10 to say the least but its very good regardless. Take that as you will.
FenyyMar 19, 7:25 PM
Mar 19, 7:26 PM
Aug 2018
I like it but I think that skip to loafer is a bit better for me, though the romance in there is very out of the way. I think for the current season that one about the deaf girl is a bit more cute and romantic but maybe just because it's in a college setting which is much better than a middle school setting.
Mar 19, 7:41 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to MusashiKarlsefni
I don’t have a ton of romance series under my belt, but I’ve been watching more and more of them recently because it’s a genre I’ve slept on for way too long. This is my absolute favorite of what I’ve seen so far. As far as the comedy aspect for the rom com in this, it’s pretty good, I chuckle often but it isn’t what I love the most about it.

For me I just really like how these two characters interact, how they learn about each other, which helps them learn about themselves, the way they handle any misgivings/misunderstandings is always handled quickly and maturely, and it’s very wholesome. I can see why some might say it feels “artificial” because it’s the whole super popular beautiful girl falls for the socially awkward weird quiet kid thing, but if you look past that and just look at them as people, status aside, their connection is really enjoyable and feels real. They both look past the stereotypes and initial impressions of each other, and learn how they really function and who they truly are. The way they talk about each other and defend the other with how they really know them, it’s nice to see. The way their relationship continues to grow and how they’re always getting to know each other better is really engaging. The side characters are really fun too and I enjoy any time they get on screen (besides Adachi maybe, but he’s getting better. I’m just not a fan of his character type in general). There are other aspects I really enjoy about it that I can’t quite put my finger on, but I absolutely love every single second I spend watching this, and I plan to read the manga soon as well.

As I said, I haven’t watched a ton of romance so it’s possible the more I watch, something else might come along that I enjoy more, but I don’t think my overall love for the series will ever waver. And of course not everything is meant for everyone, so it’s to be expected if others don’t feel the same about it.
MusashiKarlsefni said:

I agree 100% with your take, you couldnt said it better, for me personally what makes the show great is what you mention of the relationship. I would add that i also like the theme of maturing, seeing ichikawa grow as a person, learning to accept himself and consequently loving himself. From a rom/com perspective i would say its really well done.

Now when you take romance as whole, sure bokuyaba cant compete in depth against nana, fruits baskets, etc. But i would say it has more to do with the setting of the story, like this are middle schoolers, how much depth can the author give to the characters, and how many more storylines can be added to the story based on this setting. For this type of setting, from what ive read and watched i think bokuyaba excels a lot. Now with the claim that is generic, i mean one could argue romance is the most generic genre out there, the same cliches, same scenarios, same tropes. From what ive seen/read i do consider it a top 10 rom/com.

Mar 19, 7:42 PM

Oct 2014
I mean everyones taste are different.

Like others i rate Kaguya sama really highly and one of the best romcoms out there, however Kaguya sama mainly focuses on comedy than the romance aspect (barely any romance until season 3)

Im a big fan of your battle shonens and i came to watch this show with no expectations at all, and luckily i didnt watch season 1 when it came out as i probably would have dropped it after the first episode, but because i was able to binge season 1 i was able to go past the cringy first episodes.

Honestly its the character development of our ML that piqued my interest. Ichikawa is your typical loner MC that the beautiful girl falls for. However that pretty much is where the cliche stops for me. Most romcom MCs would deny they like the FL for most of the time, Kyo acknowledges his feelings by ep 3, tells someone else that they like the FL within the first season and pretty much to the FL parents which ive never seen in any other romcoms that Ive watched. And generally when i say peak its because the adaptation was great, the way the VA potray the characters, the unique artstyle, the music and when they drop the Karte moments during the most impactful part of the episode just gives you chills.
Mar 19, 8:50 PM

Mar 2021
These type of posts make no sense to me because at the end of the day it’s just all personal preference.

People will call any series they love “peak” or a “masterpiece” who cares?
Mar 19, 10:00 PM
Jan 2021
I'd say it's the best, I really liked it over other romances I've seen.
Mar 19, 10:17 PM
Apr 2023
Zarutaku said:
  1. Kaguya-sama
  2. 100 Girlfriends
  3. Romantic Killer
  4. this

Didn't complete 100 girlfriends cause I quit anime for a while and forgot about it, so is it really that good. I thought it was just a fun little parody anime.
Mar 19, 10:21 PM
Apr 2023
It's, imo, very good but not the greatest romance or anything. When people say peak, they usually don't mean that said thing is the GOAT, they either mean it in a meme way or they just mean that it's really good. The people that do think it's the GOAT just have a different opinion than you. If you're looking for realism then go watch a documentary. Fiction is never realistic, that's the whole point.
Suprgamr123Mar 19, 11:49 PM
Mar 19, 10:36 PM

Apr 2022
very overrated for me. i can handle a certain type of cringe when it comes to romance anime but not kind ichikawa's personality has been thus far, he's still the only character in the show who can sometimes say something kinda funny though so i'll give him that. i also don't think i mind generic school stuff and wish fulfilment too much as long as i like the character but again, ichikawa doesn't check that last box and the visuals are just okay at best.
Mar 19, 11:17 PM
Jun 2023
for me it is, all other rom com ,i don't know how popular girl falls for a loner gay??? that's just unrealistic,and that loner is super handsome in disguise?? i guess all loner wanna be handsome and wanna be popular with girls for no reason.???all girl say like ' he is kind and stuff ' i don't think girls will fall for kind guys for no reason???

dangers mc is not like that ,he is intelligent, caring, understands others ,he is kind too and he is still a kid , the way he is growing is just awesome, i don't know how others think but for me this is just peak romance, doesn't have misunderstanding for no reason even if they have they will discuss it, ichikawa is a actual loner guy not like other mc who act like loner , and fl doesn't fall for them just because he is kind of handsome,

for me
1: Dangers in my heart
2: kaguya sama ( because it has comedy too ,not just because love , I know they love eachother but here their pride>>>>love, may be I am dumb )
3: clannad after love story ( especially i like this season, other season are average. Dressup darling ( interms of character growth season 1 is really good for me)
4: horimiya, tsuki ga kirei , oregairu , tonikawa,100gf etc
5: Toradora! ( because side characters didn't win, fl won ,i don't like that , )
6:more then married couples, masamune kun no revenge , ( in these animes soo many non sense plots , but doesn't do what they want ,)
7 : shikimori's not just a cutie ,( i personally like it but it doesn't have much development, random shit going on)

the anime i hate the most
-rent a girlfriend ( just dumpster,i don't care what other says this is just shit for me , it has nothing except beautiful girls character design)
-i think I like scums wish more then rent a gf.

i don't remember many animes ,I will just shop here , for me dangers is best in terms of pure romance.
Mar 19, 11:34 PM
Mar 2024
PEAK ! あにめ !
Mar 19, 11:38 PM
Apr 2023
accidentally posted don't know how to delete
Suprgamr123Mar 19, 11:48 PM
Mar 19, 11:41 PM
Aug 2020
Chronon said:
I don't have a very high opinion. It felt very artificial and forceful. Most of the aspects seemed fabricated to attract people. And certain moments/scenes look like they're from someone's fantasies. For me, it's nothing more than a typical shounen romance comedy.

gotta agree on this. Although the second season is enjoyable, most of the dramatic scenes felt forced and unnatural. I'm no expert reviewer here but the first season felt more genuine, natural, and heartwarming. It's not a bad show. It's enjoyable and the characters are nice, but I can't call it anything more than decent and entertaining.
Mar 19, 11:43 PM
Jun 2023
Suprgamr123 said:
for me it is, all other rom com ,i don't know how popular girl falls for a loner gay??? that's just unrealistic,and that loner is super handsome in disguise?? i guess all loner wanna be handsome and wanna be popular with girls for no reason.???all girl say like ' he is kind and stuff ' i don't think girls will fall for kind guys for no reason??

If you're looking for realism then go watch a documentary. Fiction is never realistic, that's the whole point.

yes these are fictional but romance is same everywhere, that doesn't change anything.
edit: i also included tonikawa, 100 gf which are fictional, but they show in a proper way, i think rentaro getting 1 gf has better story them half of the other romance anime
_otaku_man00Mar 19, 11:47 PM
Mar 19, 11:49 PM
Feb 2018
There is no romantic comedy with the level of writing and character development this show has. None. Ever.
Mar 20, 2:24 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Suprgamr123
Zarutaku said:
  1. Kaguya-sama
  2. 100 Girlfriends
  3. Romantic Killer
  4. this

Didn't complete 100 girlfriends cause I quit anime for a while and forgot about it, so is it really that good. I thought it was just a fun little parody anime.
@Suprgamr123 Yes it's much more on the comedy side and has less serious romance than this, but that is what I want from rom coms in general.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 20, 2:55 AM
Nov 2020
I don’t necessarily think it’s the best romance but i think Ichikawa is funny and endearing and he gets decent character development and I do like the relationship between him and Yamada.
Mar 20, 11:46 AM
Aug 2022
Plain and simple, the story and characters are really solidly done. Is it pure perfection? No, nothing is. Now is this anime well done where it’s quite easy for a lot of people to potentially enjoy it? Yep, I think so. What I think the show achieves very well is the balance between its very grounded comedy and romance. Each of those main genre aspects are well-rounded and play off each other throughout the show in a quite “realistic” manner (NOTE: when I say realistic don’t take that literally, we’re talking comparatively within anime content as a whole). The worst part about the show that I keep seeing people say on repeat, which I also kind of agree on, is the first few episodes seem to be the weakest out of series. Personally, I didn’t like S2EP11 (the latest ep. as of me posting this) as much, it felt too stretched out to make a whole episode out of what actually happened. My friend also felt the same way about that episode. Final thing I can say is, I’ve chatted with someone else who has been watching anime for 23 years, and they said this is one of the best RomComs they’ve watched in a good while. So there’s that.
Mar 20, 11:53 AM
May 2021
filthyfrank8142 said:

definitely not peek, that's a good anime in term of comedy, however that's just decent for romance in my opinion, and it's a bit slow compared to other rom-com animes. This anime is like takagi-san but a better takagi-san with less comedy.
Mar 20, 4:46 PM

Aug 2020
can any of the mods delete this forum I was trying to do it on my own but it didnt let me, I already have an idea about how people feel about this series.
Mar 20, 11:47 PM
Aug 2021
filthyfrank8142 said:

My Opinion: If this show was 'too generic' the score wouldn't be as high as 8.60-70 ( ik the score will decrease after anime ends) and tbh I too thought this anime was the typical rom-com that comes every season and skipped it. But, when I saw it got renewed for second season in less than a year the second season getting 8.5+ scores on MAL as a romance, I taken back by surprise. I too watched this show to see what the hype is. And I'll have to say the last time I enjoyed a romance this much was probably Kaguya-sama S3 and Takagi-san S3 and movie.
Mar 23, 6:06 AM
Oct 2020
Above average fluffiness and animation for a romcom and people just want something ‘easy’ lol sometimes a tsundere is too much after a hard days work πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£
Mar 23, 6:06 AM

Aug 2021
its whoelsome ig but certainly not the best at least for me
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do girls like Yamada really exist? ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - Jan 21

80 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 8:22 AM

» Season 3?

martingunnarsson - Mar 30

26 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 8:19 AM

Poll: » R u satisfied or disappointed ( 1 2 3 )

Hickykissy - Mar 31

100 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Mar 30

353 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

128 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 7:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.