Forums
New
Mar 3, 10:38 AM
Sep 2023
According to me the animation quality is not good :(
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 3, 10:48 AM
Apr 2022
i agree coming into this anime as a manga reader i had high hopes but they were crushed after ep 3 and 4 as i realised this will be another above average anime and never reach the level of demon slayer or jjk

And dont say i hate solo leveling its my top 5 manga ive ever read
Mar 3, 10:48 AM
Jun 2023
How is it not good? All the fights have been looking outstanding and clean even tho there weren't any over the top fights for it to really shine
KidzunaMar 3, 10:51 AM
Mar 3, 10:52 AM
Jun 2022
As a manwha reader, I think the fights are animated well. I just don’t think we’ve gotten to any of the scenes that are gonna be hype. I’m sure the ending of this season will show us good animation with its fight.
Mar 3, 10:57 AM
Oct 2021
Personally I’m not complaining about the animation quality. I’ve seen way worse action anime animated poorly. Though I would say it is definitely not up to par to the manhwa and that’s a given. Nothing really comes close to the original work most of the time + the art I’m SL manhwa is breathtaking. It started off strong and ended strong. Within the rpg level up genre especially. I feel like SL is the “first manhwa” who really set the standard for the genre but no I wouldn’t compare it to the manhwa. It’s not possible to flesh out high end details in a frame-by-frame animation as opposed to a 2D drawing panel. I’m just thankful it is getting an adaption. I’ve heard ORV is as well so I’m excited about that too
Mar 3, 10:58 AM
Aug 2021
Y'all really don't know what good animation is.
Mar 3, 11:05 AM
Mar 2021
Kidzuna said:
How is it not good? All the fights have been looking outstanding and clean even tho there weren't any over the top fights for it to really shine

This guy is right ^^^. Their has been a lot of worldbuilding (through character comversations) this season which has no need for them to throw excessive funding at whereas the fight scenes have been modest in their animation but have been very smooth and overall done at a high standard.
Mar 3, 11:06 AM
Apr 2021
I have no problem with this adaptation at all. Story progression, Ost are great and animation is great too but not amazing like DS animation.
only problem I nitpicking is some characters and SJW's chin are so sharp that it look like typical japanese Isekai MC or Anos Voldigoad and doesn't feel like SJW at all.
Mar 3, 11:12 AM

Mar 2023
"according to me" has me dead 😭
Mar 3, 11:14 AM
Apr 2023
Kidzuna said:

100% agree with my man, I think people saw JJK and other high quality productions, and they expect everything to match up to it. Solo's animation is great, lets leave it at that.
Mar 3, 11:14 AM
Mar 2023
"according to me" 😭
Everyone listen to him he studied animation for 10 years and is a professional in the matter
Mar 3, 11:45 AM
Jan 2021
As someone who watches classroom of the elite every week the fact that someone thinks this is bad animation is crazy. Be grateful bro
Mar 3, 12:04 PM
May 2021
_HAKARI_ said:

go use eyedrops bro !
Mar 3, 12:08 PM
May 2021
Turquoisetic said:
As someone who watches classroom of the elite every week the fact that someone thinks this is bad animation is crazy. Be grateful bro

bro are not even trying to justify why this is a "bad" animation 😭🤣
Mar 3, 12:16 PM
Jul 2022
ugh here we go ... what are u even talking about?? some of y'all just like to complain just to complain or trying to sound knowledgeable...u don't...u sound ridiculous
DragonLioness23Mar 3, 12:19 PM
Mar 3, 12:49 PM
Feb 2021
hope your favorite series get worse animation in thr future
Mar 3, 12:57 PM
Apr 2020
it's not not good its just painfully average
Mar 3, 1:01 PM

May 2010
i tried watching the first episode earlier and i had to turn it off. nothing off value is lost by not watching it for me who already read solo leveling years ago.
Mar 3, 1:08 PM
Apr 2023
I swear just shut up you complain about the smallest things
Mar 3, 1:12 PM

Jan 2023
Source: trust me bro

I just find this to be hilarious.
Mar 3, 1:48 PM
Jul 2009
Open your eyes. the animation is amazing and matches the manwha perfectly.
Mar 3, 2:47 PM
Jul 2022
The animation is good. I expected it to be something like JJK or CSM in terms of animation and direction, but I guess it's fine.

I think I felt like this because of how the other high profile action shows like JJK and CSM have been recently. Like, they were the most popular shows in the season they aired and it's the same with SL now.

I expected the same from SL. But I guess it's just those shows were over the top. That doesn't mean SL is bad by any means. It has had good and clean animation consistently. It just isn't over the top.

Maybe because of shows like JJK and CSM, I fixed it in my mind without me even knowing, that other high profile action shows are also gonna be like this, lol.
Mar 3, 3:06 PM
Oct 2022
Answer 1) For the same reason people get B's, C's and D's in school. Quality of work varies.

Answer 2) "According to you" the animation quality is not up to the mark. It doesn't make sense to ask other's why something is what it is according to you. It might be better to explain your reasoning, and ask other's if they agree with your conclusion or your reasons.
Mar 3, 3:36 PM

Feb 2021
I blame cringyroll
Mar 3, 3:57 PM

Jan 2009
are manwhas even popular in japan knowing that korea vs japan is a thing historically?
Mar 3, 4:33 PM
Nov 2015
You’re right and people are cooking you for no reason
Mar 3, 4:45 PM

Nov 2014
Reply to deg
are manwhas even popular in japan knowing that korea vs japan is a thing historically?
@deg I've been thinking about that as well. I thought maybe the animation would be better if the source material was from Japan. Is there even an anime adaptation of a manwha that could go on par with JJK, Kimetsu, Fate, etc. in terms of animation quality? I've honestly never seen one. Even if Korea claims that SL have been read a billion times worldwide, we would think the animation quality would go on par with it, but I guess Japan knows that the number is highly inflated and doesn't necessarily translate to sales. Empty praises from fanatics won't earn them money either.
Mar 3, 4:50 PM

Nov 2019
It's not bad, but definitely far from top tier. As a show that is supposedly carried by action scenes/animation (i.e. has no other strength), the animation quality is not up to the standard it should be imo. Not to mention the character designs actually look awful.
Mar 3, 5:19 PM
Mar 2022
I mean… this animation’s a bit weird. I don’t think the animation itself is all that good, but every couple of scenes you’ll get a single shot or a couple of frames which look incredible. It’s inconsistently good.
Mar 3, 5:28 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to TouhouMetal
It's not bad, but definitely far from top tier. As a show that is supposedly carried by action scenes/animation (i.e. has no other strength), the animation quality is not up to the standard it should be imo. Not to mention the character designs actually look awful.
TouhouMetal said:
Not to mention the character designs actually look awful.

No, they don't. They look fine.
Mar 3, 5:43 PM

Dec 2021
One of these again😪
Mar 3, 5:59 PM
Sep 2023
"according to me"
Mar 3, 6:02 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Turquoisetic
@Turquoisetic hahaha this cracked me up lol
Mar 3, 6:03 PM

Nov 2019
Reply to Oongbuh
TouhouMetal said:
Not to mention the character designs actually look awful.

No, they don't. They look fine.
@Oongbuh It's probably subjective, but the body proportions definitely look off. Like VERY off.
TouhouMetalMar 3, 6:09 PM
Mar 3, 8:16 PM
Dec 2022
its bad coz the manwha quality is SSS tier. it cant compare. not surprised
Mar 3, 8:40 PM
Oct 2020
"Oh no, my moving landscape images don't match my still vertical images, this shit sucks" that's you
Mar 4, 2:03 AM

Oct 2021
Reply to mizukasa
@deg I've been thinking about that as well. I thought maybe the animation would be better if the source material was from Japan. Is there even an anime adaptation of a manwha that could go on par with JJK, Kimetsu, Fate, etc. in terms of animation quality? I've honestly never seen one. Even if Korea claims that SL have been read a billion times worldwide, we would think the animation quality would go on par with it, but I guess Japan knows that the number is highly inflated and doesn't necessarily translate to sales. Empty praises from fanatics won't earn them money either.
@mizukasa there's God of Highschool no? Better than SL, MAPPA made it so pretty much on par with JJK.
Mar 4, 2:16 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Turquoisetic
@Turquoisetic But what does it mean ? So I watch Frieren every week, does the fact that someone thinks this is good animation become crazy? It's easy to take worse products to justify animating another anime
Mar 4, 2:28 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to JOJO_Fill
Kidzuna said:

100% agree with my man, I think people saw JJK and other high quality productions, and they expect everything to match up to it. Solo's animation is great, lets leave it at that.
@JOJO_Fill If you say Solo leveling's animation is amazing then you don't understand anything about animation, lol. This animation sucks, it doesn't do the manhwa justice at all but oh well people are now defending everything because yes
Mar 4, 2:31 AM
Apr 2023
Leon888 said:
@JOJO_Fill If you say Solo leveling's animation is amazing then you don't understand anything about animation, lol. This animation sucks, it doesn't do the manhwa justice at all but oh well people are now defending everything because yes

I said its great, which it is, its not the most amazing mindblowing piece of media I've ever seen, but its great. And it I think its doing manhwa justice. You just have to shit on everything thats not JJK oř Chainsawman or whatever.
Mar 4, 2:32 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to PurpleTenshi
Open your eyes. the animation is amazing and matches the manwha perfectly.
@PurpleTenshi The most ignorant comment I've read, but do they pay you to say shit like that?
Mar 4, 2:35 AM
Jul 2009
Leon888 said:
@PurpleTenshi The most ignorant comment I've read, but do they pay you to say shit like that?

Excuse me, sir, I believe you have responded to the wrong comment.
Mar 4, 2:36 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to JOJO_Fill
Leon888 said:

I said its great, which it is, its not the most amazing mindblowing piece of media I've ever seen, but its great. And it I think its doing manhwa justice. You just have to shit on everything thats not JJK oř Chainsawman or whatever.
@JOJO_Fill But who nominated JJK or chainsaw man? If I were to give you examples I would bring you Frieren or Heavenly Delusion to make you understand things, good animation and a product treated with care, Solo leveling is already a lot if it can be defined as mediocre, the art sucks and the animations are the most wooden thing that I've ever seen, the only really good animator who is giving good moments is only Takafumi torii, the rest is not good at all, but it doesn't surprise me that people don't know that
Mar 4, 2:38 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to EdgyLord666
@mizukasa there's God of Highschool no? Better than SL, MAPPA made it so pretty much on par with JJK.
@EdgyLord666 thats a passion project by park the director for being a korean and his debut as a director, in fact he animated a lot of the fight scenes by himself
degMar 4, 2:48 AM
Mar 4, 2:38 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to PurpleTenshi
Leon888 said:

Excuse me, sir, I believe you have responded to the wrong comment.
@PurpleTenshi saying that the animation matches perfectly with Solo leveling when they are giving us a disappointing product is the most non-sense thing I have ever read... open your eyes
Mar 4, 2:39 AM
Apr 2023
Leon888 said:
@JOJO_Fill But who nominated JJK or chainsaw man? If I were to give you examples I would bring you Frieren or Heavenly Delusion to make you understand things, good animation and a product treated with care, Solo leveling is already a lot if it can be defined as mediocre, the art sucks and the animations are the most wooden thing that I've ever seen, the only really good animator who is giving good moments is only Takafumi torii, the rest is not good at all, but it doesn't surprise me that people don't know that

And I agree, I think Heavenly Delusion and Frieren look great. but I dont think Solo is something much worse than those two.
Mar 4, 5:40 AM

Oct 2020
you gotta be blind to call this level of animation quality bad
Mar 4, 8:18 AM

Aug 2019
_HAKARI_ said:

You have very bad eyes my dude. You really should have your eyes checked out because the show looks great!
Ep 8 had the best cinematography yet thanks to Hiromu Oshiro. He's famous for his work on SAO Progressive.
Mar 4, 8:58 AM

Apr 2020
It‘s good enough and not at all the reason why this isn‘t a enjoyable Show.

The plot and the characters stink.
The Animation is decent.
Mar 4, 11:20 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to deg
@EdgyLord666 thats a passion project by park the director for being a korean and his debut as a director, in fact he animated a lot of the fight scenes by himself
@deg That was not his debut, Park directed Garo: Vanishing Line a few years prior.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

391 by MainAxe9880 »»
Today, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

303 by Apreggi »»
Yesterday, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

167 by Apreggi »»
Yesterday, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

228 by Apreggi »»
Yesterday, 6:02 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2

280 by Apreggi »»
Yesterday, 5:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.