Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 9 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 29, 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
This anime just loves to showcase Yogiri in every way possible.

Seems some of his classmates are also starting to figure out Yogiiri's identity. Episode also gave some of the female cast a makeover of their outfits although the cheerleading one made me roll my eyes. There was also a bit of violence this episode so I guess it's safe to say to never judge a book by its cover when it comes to character appearances.
Feb 29, 9:08 AM
Sep 2015
This is the first episode that "instant death" skill isn't used.
Feb 29, 9:13 AM

Mar 2013
and so, Yogiri gained a few girls for his harem. OwO

The bloodbath begins now!
CrazyButNot4UMar 1, 4:37 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 29, 9:15 AM
Nov 2021
Unfortunately it looks like the anime adaptation skips the good moments of the anime. It looks like a few good panels won't be adapted, which is a shame
Feb 29, 10:07 AM

Mar 2021
Yogiri already has the girls fawning over him he is such a Chad.
Feb 29, 10:20 AM

Feb 2008
As usually nothing much happen. I felt the episode end so fast .

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 29, 10:37 AM
Aug 2017
Oh boy, this was rough. This episode felt like reading the novel on x3 speed. They crammed about half of volume 3 into one episode, maybe even slightly more. Unfortunately, we're on course for the remaining 3 episodes to be just as rushed.

If I could equate it to anything, it was like a recap episode, where they cut down every scene to only the most unskippable lines and ditched everything else. It really only works if you already know all the bits they're skipping from either the novel or the manga and just want a replay of the main lines.
Feb 29, 10:41 AM

May 2019
So one minute Sion says she doesn't know what to do with Yogiri and the next minute she decides to have a classmate kill him in order for the group to get more time. If that classmates follows through with that offer he'll be the next character to die.

Side note, there's a bunch of characters involved here that it's a bit confusing to follow everything but I believe Ayaka was one of those classmates that died and is now seeking revenge. So I wonder if she knows that Yogiri and Tomochika were also left behind and therefore are innocent.
Feb 29, 11:45 AM
Jul 2021
Seems like they skipped what happened after Ayaka ate the dragon
Feb 29, 12:50 PM
Nov 2018
Gonta29 said:

It's not too important what we missed. Not like what happened after affects anything.
Feb 29, 12:51 PM

Apr 2021
Anyone else having a tough time following?
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Feb 29, 1:00 PM
Nov 2018
ejleon said:

I'm not, but I read all the novels. Mostly, I just saw it as Yogiri exploring a new world. Their main goal is to find a way home.
Feb 29, 1:47 PM
Apr 2020
Yogiri serial killer count this episode: 0 for the first time in 9 episodes good job yogiri
Yogiri serial killer count total: 63+50 immortal vampires+ 1 dark god+ 100 dark spawn
Feb 29, 2:07 PM

Sep 2023
Alfredo-Sauce said:
So one minute Sion says she doesn't know what to do with Yogiri and the next minute she decides to have a classmate kill him in order for the group to get more time.

Well, it could be justified that she wants to see what Takatou will do, but yeah, I agree it was a strange decision after she already mentioned that she doesn't know what to do with him yet.
Alfredo-Sauce said:
So I wonder if she knows that Yogiri and Tomochika were also left behind and therefore are innocent.

She was still conscious and saw Takatou being left in the bus too, as I remember. She might remember when she meets them, or maybe the fact that they left her after she was already dead counts as the reason for revenge too😁.
ejleon said:

Before the Swordmaster trial it was ok, then I had to ask for some explanation from novel readers in episode discussions😒.
Feb 29, 2:19 PM

Dec 2018
Reply to ejleon
@ejleon yes. I'll rewatch when the season is over though I think. Felt like something was missing and they threw everything and the kitchen sink at us in one episode.
Feb 29, 2:34 PM

May 2023
Reply to anifan1234567
Unfortunately it looks like the anime adaptation skips the good moments of the anime. It looks like a few good panels won't be adapted, which is a shame
@anifan1234567 this show is mid anyways I doubt it has good moments at all lmao
Feb 29, 2:36 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Moppit
ejleon said:

I'm not, but I read all the novels. Mostly, I just saw it as Yogiri exploring a new world. Their main goal is to find a way home.
@Moppit I see, thanks for the response. I might have skipped an episode, but this last episode has characters I didn’t remember in earlier episodes.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Feb 29, 2:37 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to LessThanAnimeFan
Alfredo-Sauce said:
So one minute Sion says she doesn't know what to do with Yogiri and the next minute she decides to have a classmate kill him in order for the group to get more time.

Well, it could be justified that she wants to see what Takatou will do, but yeah, I agree it was a strange decision after she already mentioned that she doesn't know what to do with him yet.
Alfredo-Sauce said:
So I wonder if she knows that Yogiri and Tomochika were also left behind and therefore are innocent.

She was still conscious and saw Takatou being left in the bus too, as I remember. She might remember when she meets them, or maybe the fact that they left her after she was already dead counts as the reason for revenge too😁.
ejleon said:

Before the Swordmaster trial it was ok, then I had to ask for some explanation from novel readers in episode discussions😒.
@LessThanAnimeFan Same with me, I was following for a good while, then I was lost. Thanks for the response.

Feb 29, 2:38 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to StateofOhayo
@ejleon yes. I'll rewatch when the season is over though I think. Felt like something was missing and they threw everything and the kitchen sink at us in one episode.
@StateofOhayo You described it perfect 😂

Feb 29, 3:36 PM
Nov 2018
@ejleon They were briefly mentioned in the last episode but not in a way to make anyone care.
Feb 29, 3:47 PM

Nov 2019
They most likely won't be able to eliminate the MC, but I sure want to see them try.
Feb 29, 4:31 PM

Apr 2021
Moppit said:
@ejleon They were briefly mentioned in the last episode but not in a way to make anyone care.

Oh I see, thank you for explaining that.

Is the “sister” that woman is looking for?

Feb 29, 4:33 PM

Sep 2023
The Agency, the Institute and the Cult, that's a lot! This episode felt really rushed, it was hard to follow everything...

Yogiri is pretty OP even with a sword. Android vengeance has begun, she ain't playin!
Feb 29, 4:47 PM
Aug 2017
For those confused after this episode, I'm not at all surprised - I just went back and checked and they crammed in 13 out of 20 chapters in novel volume 3 this episode. The entire last 2/3rds of the book, except from chapter 19, which they can't cut so I assume it's been bumped to next week. And the first 3rd was squeezed into the second half of episode 8, so this whole volume has basically just been given a speedrun version by the anime. As I said in my first comment, it plays like a recap of the novel, instead of an adaptation. So it likely won't make sense unless you've read what it's recapping.
Edit: Oh wait, It's actually worse, I just realised they squashed in a chapter they skipped from v2 this episode as well. In an extremely rushed and confusing manner, completely outwith where it was meant to fit into the story (the 2 Euphemia scenes).

A normally-paced novel adaptation would take at least 3 episodes to cover what the last 1.5 episodes have. And they haven't actually fully cut much content, so every scene they included just ended up the absolute barebones version of that scene instead.

With 3 episodes left for it, I can only hope volume 4 will get better treatment and we can end on an ok note.
The_Wicker_ManFeb 29, 5:03 PM
Feb 29, 5:42 PM

Nov 2023
Ah yes, send some random classmate to kill Yogiri. It's totally doable; it's not like he could instantly kill him or anything, right?

Anyway, I hope something good happens in the last couple of episodes, because I'm getting bored.
Feb 29, 5:47 PM
Nov 2018
ejleon said:
Moppit said:

The sister that one woman demon was looking for at the knight trial. She was slave to that sage candidate. Turned into a vampire by the sage. She was the one at the end of the episode kneeling to the little girl.
Feb 29, 6:34 PM

Apr 2021
Moppit said:
ejleon said:

The sister that one woman demon was looking for at the knight trial. She was slave to that sage candidate. Turned into a vampire by the sage. She was the one at the end of the episode kneeling to the little girl.

Ok, with your help, now I think I’m starting to catch up.
ejleonMar 1, 9:41 AM

Feb 29, 6:39 PM
Apr 2023
LOL Sage Sion is piling up on wrong moves lately and Yogiri's otherwise clueless classmates are being dragged into making wrong decisions one by one.
Though it's kind of nice to see Yogiri has some allies after all, especially a shinigami who worships him and knows what he is (i.e. he knows Yogiri is an Okakushi).
Feb 29, 7:08 PM
Nov 2018
@ejleon If you want to know more. I'll do my best to help.
Feb 29, 7:14 PM

Jul 2014
Wow, this episode got rushed to hell... They skipped the world eater (That was last episode I think), they rushed the divine king scene, they rushed the "I can make my armor longer" Tomochika scene and just made into a showcase with barely any lines removing the reaction of her companions to her range, they completely butchered the scene of Euphemia becoming the origin blood.

In fact, it looks like if there is anything I didn't find rushed it is because I don't remember the details.

These last two episodes were particularly terrible.
LeviathanTheEspFeb 29, 7:24 PM
Feb 29, 8:26 PM
Jul 2021
Moppit said:
Gonta29 said:

It's not too important what we missed. Not like what happened after affects anything.

I also read the novel so I don’t mind, but someone will be confused why she can use the dragon’s ability unless it will be briefly explained in the remaining episodes
Feb 29, 8:33 PM
Apr 2022
please someone tell me that yogiri will kill sion... i dont like that bitch ...
Feb 29, 9:19 PM
Nov 2018
@Gonta29 They can easily remedy it by having one of AI systems recommending one of her new dragon abilities. They can give a short sentence about finishing analyzing the dragon she ate, and brief description on what she can do.
Feb 29, 9:32 PM
Mar 2015
The_Wicker_Man said:
Oh boy, this was rough. This episode felt like reading the novel on x3 speed. They crammed about half of volume 3 into one episode, maybe even slightly more. Unfortunately, we're on course for the remaining 3 episodes to be just as rushed.

If I could equate it to anything, it was like a recap episode, where they cut down every scene to only the most unskippable lines and ditched everything else. It really only works if you already know all the bits they're skipping from either the novel or the manga and just want a replay of the main lines.

I agree, this feels really bad. With how they've been adapting the novel/manga I feel this not getting a 2nd season. It's just a very bad way to promote the source, because they're just portraying it as a lot of rushed nonsense. And with this the future of getting an actually good anime adaptation vanishes.
Feb 29, 10:00 PM

Mar 2007
Terrible subs where the background of a character is text on top of the dialogue, making both difficult to read.

There's another OP character out to get revenge on the class now. And more people that want our deadpan delivery MC dead.
Feb 29, 11:22 PM

Dec 2010
Reply to The_Wicker_Man

Thought so. It really felt like they've shoved in almost a whole volume even though I'm not familiar with either novel or manga.
By the way is manga adaptation a good way to become acquainted with original work or it's also rushed?
Feb 29, 11:40 PM

May 2015
This was a bonkers episode that felt like 4 in one! This show definitely knows how to bring plot points and characters back around!
Feb 29, 11:47 PM
Nov 2021
SoulReaper01_ said:
@anifan1234567 this show is mid anyways I doubt it has good moments at all lmao

pov you have not read the manga chapter 32/33
Mar 1, 12:46 AM
Aug 2017
Reply to Chipp12
Thought so. It really felt like they've shoved in almost a whole volume even though I'm not familiar with either novel or manga.
By the way is manga adaptation a good way to become acquainted with original work or it's also rushed?
@Chipp12 Yeah, the manga's really well paced, if you like the story but find it rushed here I'd definitely recommend it. Although, caveat, we're now pretty much caught up with the published manga content.
Mar 1, 2:15 AM

Apr 2021
Moppit said:
@ejleon If you want to know more. I'll do my best to help.

I really appreciate your help, thank you.

Mar 1, 2:16 AM
Jul 2021
wow how anime studio allow to skip so much stuff ?

i mean imagine you open a book and skip 50 - 100 pages right away, no no no not just skip a page but RIP & tear THE BOOK right away.

i hope this anime studio go bankcrupt and never touch any other Light Novel series.

my god i can't imagine trashy studio like this will pick good series and make it trash with

ABSOLUTE NO RESPECT WIth SOURCE MATERIAL.

when there is anime studio deserve to die.

this is it studio Okuruto Noboru

there is bad studio because making bad CG, not profesional also a studio that literally do what ever they want to destroy Light Novel series. studio okuruto noboru literally do both, my god.
RedCobra75Mar 1, 2:25 AM
Mar 1, 6:49 AM
Mar 2021
I don't know what's going on anymore:(
Mar 1, 10:42 AM
Jun 2013
Reply to CrazyButNot4U
and so, Yogiri gained a few girls for his harem. OwO

The bloodbath begins now!
@CrazyButNot4U
Harem........hopefully the result isn't going to be negative like Yuuki Tachibana or Masaki Kazuno, those fools show little to no love to their girls and treat them like disposable property. Notably, in the previous episodes, I honestly was hoping our instant death protagonist would have added Shiro/Bunny girl into his harem as the girl did had so much potential in my view T_T.

Anyway, yes the bloodbath begins now with Ayaka Shinozaki, glad the girl let her witnesses live otherwise the problem is going to be similar to Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers, with everyone asking themselves "there is a killer among our classmates, who is it?" It was actually enjoyable to see Ayaka begin her carnage as her quest was more "immediate" rather than a slow ambiguous process like Hazure Waku no [Joutai Ijou Skill] de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin Suru made. The characters I prefer Ayaka to kill the most, by now, is Suguru Yazaki (general), Daimon Hanakawa (healer), and Haruto Ootori (consultant), especially Haruto Ootori since we know male characters that wear glasses are likely the Worst in terms of personality and as antagonists. As the saying goes, glasses male characters are often the LEAST trustworthy in anime.

On the side note, regarding Carol S. Lane, this is the first time I have heard a non-Japanese person getting Isekai-ed, along with getting an "ability" like Ninja. Meh.
greed2Mar 1, 11:09 AM
Mar 1, 11:08 AM
Thread Cleaned

Please refrain from asking 'Where can I read/find' the source material.
Mar 1, 1:59 PM
Oct 2023
Reply to Stark700
This anime just loves to showcase Yogiri in every way possible.

Seems some of his classmates are also starting to figure out Yogiiri's identity. Episode also gave some of the female cast a makeover of their outfits although the cheerleading one made me roll my eyes. There was also a bit of violence this episode so I guess it's safe to say to never judge a book by its cover when it comes to character appearances.
Episode was mediocre. Too much random stuff crammed into a single episode. I miss the pacing of episode 7. Animation on those fights were just slideshows. Am super tempted to just the manga right now.

@Stark700 why would the cheerleading one make you roll your eyes???

@The_Wicker_Man Yeah. This episode was a disappointment after the far better episodes 5, 7 and 8.
Least we got to see Ayaka being vicious. RIP Eroge Master. He was literally me.

@greed2 Tachibana could have fallen in love with Stephanie, and what makes you think Masaki showed no love to the girls? Assuming random things???

Yogiri already killed a bunch of harem protagonists that would likely cherish their gals. He doesn't just kill complete monsters. He kills those that attempt to harm him or his loved ones.
HebeHRMar 1, 2:39 PM
Mar 1, 3:00 PM

Jul 2023
More Sion scenes this time. Is this the first episode Takatou didn't kill anyone?

Anyway, his classmates are scum.
Mar 1, 3:10 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Dude this reunion unexpectedly went to the easy route already with no conflict, so far, with that three observer coming from different entities, becoming an ally already. Well that's wise actually, very, very wise. Not to mention they manage to explore the dungeon till the fifth floor and ready to meet Dark God imouto next episode. But damn that cover story for both, i find it pretty amusing. Lol insect hunter, related so much, and Dannoura covering as a blacksmith under those thicc blacksuit. Approved.

Meanwhile other mob characters also moving around frantically left and right ready to make more chaos. Now everything gonna meet their end at Dark God lil sis place. Dunno what kind of bs Takatou do to that place and all people around. But it must be amusing to see it till the end.

Last three....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 1, 6:05 PM
Mar 2020
A ton of plot lines going at once, it's going to be messy but I can't take my eyes off it.
Mar 2, 2:05 AM
Apr 2021
Omg so much plot points were being shoved in our face, first with Euphemia then with Aoi then with Shinozaki then with Sion it’s so chaotic but I love it bc I somewhat remember what happened in previous episodes😭

I think this might be the first episode were Yogiri didn’t kill anyone with his instant death ability which was a nice change of pace to me and it’s so funny how his cover story was being a big killer which is funny bc Yogiri kills anyone like bugs💀💀💀

When Shinozaki was WAILING in on that eroge kid was fucking crazyyyy bc she was just going in on bro, the left and right hooks looked deadly asf ong, most lit part of the episode imo like the blood splatters looked insane man🔥🔥🔥🔥😭😩

Finally Dannoura show casing she can actually fight now instead of just standing out like a bystander and finally that ghost spirit can stop being useless now🤣🤣

Sion is actually crazy asf but she’s dumb for tryna take out Yogiri I hope she gets what’s coming to her

Dannoura was looking fine asf in that black suit she making me act up in that attire fr fr😩😮‍💨😩😮‍💨😩😮‍💨😩😮‍💨😩😮‍💨
Mar 2, 3:27 AM

Oct 2017
That girl back for revenge, I just hope she doesn't go after Takatou and goes for the other ones. Sion tasked em to get rid of Takatou, more people about to die.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11

109 by Fn76 »»
May 23, 1:24 AM

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18

83 by Timka1113 »»
May 23, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21

116 by tenzindesu »»
May 12, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4

178 by lasodamos »»
May 6, 1:24 PM

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14

46 by ST63LTH »»
May 5, 5:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.