Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2023 9:17 AM

Nov 2011
Well, it's good to know they're concluding both cases and getting everyone involved. Throwing common sense out the window, the villagers also gather to make their move.

Some lore and storytelling aside, it felt slightly rushed but still made the episode dark and credible as usual. I think they kinda went for a safe finale, nothing too overdramatic and just wanted to tie together all the clues and cases in the end.
Sep 27, 2023 9:17 AM

Jul 2017
Episode aired 5 mins earlier than the usual time.
https://twitter.com/undeadgirl_PR/status/1706579365725630655

The intense fight between the many parties involved in Wolphinhel, the most prominent being Tsugaru and Victor's relationship as re-payment for finding out where their "M" man is to get Aya's body back: the Banquet's base in London. Shizuku vs. Carmilla is another sight to behold, though the vampire has her caught unawares, aside from the former being commando of all the sights that Carmilla has to focus on.

The last thing now, is to properly explain the case and the culprit, which turns out to be Nora, the Louise of Heulendorf, and Jutte as well. The 3-in-1 identity of Nora was too intricate to call, and all the clues match up once Alma falsified being the culprit. With the underground bunker open of where the murder was done, it could not have been a human due to the thousands of tineid moths grazing them with scales that Nora disingeniously did not have on her skun. Furthermore, the marks found in the underground bunker and the numerous walls, it all only points to one person: Nora, who has to circumvent playing the role of two persons at any one time between both human (Heulendorf) and werewolf (Wolphinhel) villages.

This proves even more once Nora's coffin has been lifted out, and there's no one to be found, so Nora would be the only one probable for what she has got planned out for her. And this all started from the time of the real Louise and Jutte, connecting the story plot right at the beginning, and wanting to pit both villages against each other in revenge. This is made all the stranger when Louise voluntary gave in to Nora's demands, which led to the fake kidnapping, only vying in time to come for the revenge act to open its curtain. But once Aya came in, finding a scapegoat within Shizuku was all too well-planned for the revenge plan, and because of the immortal detective's interference, Nora could not complete her plan.

A good thing that Aya had Tsugaru be stationed at the underground passage awaitng Nora's arrival to capture her, though she tred to get away scot free by injuring him. But Tsugaru's no human, he's a monster and successfully chained her, though Aya let her go, because the error in her judgement for Nora's part in helping the werewolf girls escape from the village before being priestesses and tools for breeding, especially if she is to be the ultimate beastform of Kindsfurer.

When all is said and done, Nora was doing both the right and wrong things at the same time, and Aya's incorrect outcome had been the benevolence to set her free, despite of all the sins that she tried to concoct. And that says for the matter of the werewolf village of Wolphinhel.

Fantastic show, couldn't be anymore happier of the Dark Horse of the season being my unexpected anime of the season.
KANLen09Sep 27, 2023 12:03 PM
Sep 27, 2023 10:13 AM

Feb 2019
Well, a top 3 show of summer 2023 comes to a close and what a ride it’s been. This show simply put, just hit different and had an air of mysticism and fantasy to it that you don’t see a lot these days.

I think the combination of the somewhat modern setting and the magical elements along with the amazing cast were the big reasons. Also the fact it was adapted from a proper novel where writing tends to be more mature. I’m gonna miss Aya and Tsugaru jokes on Wednesdays 😭

Onto the episode itself, had a little of everything that makes this series so good. The shorter runtime concerned me a little at first, but the decision to open with the OP theme during a sakuga display was really cool. Carmilla and Shizuku in particular was awesome.

There’s so much unsaid sexual tension between the two of them that comes through in every scene. They paid off the fact that Shizuku wasn’t wearing underwear in a pretty funny way too. Carmilla lucky af for getting that view lmao.

And the culprit finally revealed! Wow what a twist, again, the author has such a good way of subverting expectations. I would’ve never imagined it was Jute masquerading as Nora. It makes sense now how Nora reacted when Shizuku suggested it could be an inside job. Alma, the doctor, etc., all misdirections. Aya’s walkthrough of the case put everything into perspective and is a riveting tale of deception. Masterclass from Jute really.

Her hatred of both villages is understandable I can’t lie. Her mother got screwed over by her own people and then the humans didn’t even want them. Even Louise supported her in her quest for revenge. She would’ve gotten away with it if it wasn’t for those meddling kids 😂

I love how creative the final fight between Tsugaru and Nora was. Using that unique sketch style animation in the dark was cool. I don’t mind them letting her off because she was a victim tbh. Neither the human village nor the werewolf village were safe for her, but if Moriarty and banquet are after her DNA for the chimera, idk how safe it is for her to be on her own. I guess in a way since her location is now random it’s better than travelling with the party, but still…

Either way, awesome finale. Awesome show and I can’t wait to read the books
Marinate1016Sep 27, 2023 11:18 AM
Sep 27, 2023 10:40 AM

Apr 2020
Hidden gem of the season.
Really good animation and very unique and interesting main cast.
8/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Sep 27, 2023 10:48 AM
Oct 2019
Just be patient for a season 2 in several years.. 🙇‍♂️
Out of the 4 volumes released from the novel, the anime has adapted 3.
It's going to be long but that means we can have a season 2 in the future !
JaysonNnNSep 27, 2023 11:07 AM
Sep 27, 2023 11:09 AM

Oct 2017
So my initial hunch that Louise is an imposter was true after all. Jutte did quite a lot on her own, specially considering her age. Her actions have made the humans suffer but she has suffered herself and she helped 3 werewolf girls to escape too so I hope she can find peace in her life now.

Btw Shizuku wasn't wearing underwear after all. There some nice Shizuku shots from different angles this episode. Also I hope that blonde bitch is dead for good and doesn't come back.

A good episode to end the season, hoping for more as I liked it quite a bit. The characters in general are quite likeable/interesting. The cases were pretty interesting too except the first one. Adaptation was well done too. Looking forward to s2 whenever that is.
Sep 27, 2023 11:16 AM
Jan 2018
Is there any kind of romance here or something between the MC and FMC and how did the manga/Ln ended? Can anyone tell me
Sree_SamzSep 27, 2023 11:20 AM
Sep 27, 2023 11:16 AM

Feb 2021
What's up with this green-screen effect lol?

Apparently Shishido Baiken is a Japanese swordsman who may or may not have existed irl. He also appeared in Vagabond.

What Alice? Is this character also based on some other popular fictional character?

They were all the same person damn!
But if she goes between two villages playing two roles, does she ever get any sleep?
The foxes' (is this how you write it?) skeleton being there is quite convinient lol
What's up with this? Is this something symbolic or Aya actually was there somehow? Or am I just not keeping up with her galactic brain?

18:11 - 18:41 Really cool visuals here.

Oh, so she wanted the werewolf girls to escape. Much better motivation than revenge. I wonder where they are now?
Did he really get the cloth with the sheer power of his voice lol?

This was certainly a surprise. I didn't even notice this one when the season started but then started watching when I heard many people praising this and it turned out to be really good. Every episode felt like it lasted 2 minutes. The characters are amazing (Tsugaru especially. The most precious monster.) and so were the visuals. This was made by the studio Lapin Track, of whom I've never heard about. Looking forward to more from them.
9/10
Season 2 please 🙏. I actually expected it to be announced right away after this ended because this has been happening quite often lately.
EmbientSep 27, 2023 11:27 AM
Sep 27, 2023 11:23 AM
Sep 2015
The solution is quite complicated so I really appreciate that Rindo actually explain TWICE of the same thing but in a different way, with the second time explaining in a chronological order. Lot of missing details but I don't consider it as plothole or blooper, just a limit of anime adaptation from novel.

While Rindo will most likely correct in assuming that nothing will change regarding the two villages, I prefer to view it with more optimism exit. My guesses 1. the breeding for the ultimate werewolf gene will continue, but the villagers won't force the girl to take a childbearing role anymore. 2. werewolf and human will continute to hate each other, but they won't attack each other, most likely because the werewolf village will isolated themselves again. 3. secret organizations will lose interest in werewolf village because they'll know that werewolves are not that strong, even the strongest werewolf, Nora, was taken down easily by Tsugaru despite fighting in the dark environment.

This anime is a surprise of the season, but sadly it's almost catch up to the novel which is the source material (even the manga adaptation doesn't reach this point yet). So yeah, several years is the minimum waiting time, if there'll ever be a sequel.
Sep 27, 2023 11:23 AM
Jan 2018
Reply to JaysonNnN
Just be patient for a season 2 in several years.. 🙇‍♂️
Out of the 4 volumes released from the novel, the anime has adapted 3.
It's going to be long but that means we can have a season 2 in the future !
@JaysonNnN do the FMC and mc end up together or something? Like any kind of romance or something? Do you what the current ln is up to?
Thankyou (⁠ㆁ⁠ω⁠ㆁ⁠)
Sep 27, 2023 11:28 AM
Mar 2018
Amazing finally to an amazing arc. Please let there be a season 2.
Sep 27, 2023 11:38 AM
Mar 2021
amazing episode. one of the best animes of the year. the investigation and final culprit being found out were rhe best parts easily

love how dark all these stories are
Sep 27, 2023 11:44 AM
May 2023
Reply to Embient
What's up with this green-screen effect lol?

Apparently Shishido Baiken is a Japanese swordsman who may or may not have existed irl. He also appeared in Vagabond.

What Alice? Is this character also based on some other popular fictional character?

They were all the same person damn!
But if she goes between two villages playing two roles, does she ever get any sleep?
The foxes' (is this how you write it?) skeleton being there is quite convinient lol
What's up with this? Is this something symbolic or Aya actually was there somehow? Or am I just not keeping up with her galactic brain?

18:11 - 18:41 Really cool visuals here.

Oh, so she wanted the werewolf girls to escape. Much better motivation than revenge. I wonder where they are now?
Did he really get the cloth with the sheer power of his voice lol?

This was certainly a surprise. I didn't even notice this one when the season started but then started watching when I heard many people praising this and it turned out to be really good. Every episode felt like it lasted 2 minutes. The characters are amazing (Tsugaru especially. The most precious monster.) and so were the visuals. This was made by the studio Lapin Track, of whom I've never heard about. Looking forward to more from them.
9/10
Season 2 please 🙏. I actually expected it to be announced right away after this ended because this has been happening quite often lately.
@Embient What was that cloth at the end?
Sep 27, 2023 11:46 AM

Feb 2021
Acedia086 said:
@Embient What was that cloth at the end?

The cloth that was covering up Aya. They lost it when they were attacked on a cliff a couple episodes ago.
Sep 27, 2023 11:47 AM
Jul 2023
Something feels amiss amidst the bright dealing and shadow planning, decisions seem distant rather than at present, definitely interested to see how things culminate in the hypothetical second season.

Tsugaru is certainly the best MC last season, mostly goofy but at times really deadly.

Sep 27, 2023 12:06 PM

Dec 2016
For me, this was truly the dark horse of the season. Each case was intriguing along with the introduction of quite charming scoundrels that in some way you want them to get away with murder (with the exemption of the vampire family case).

Aya's deductions were almost hypnotically charming, they never felt like boring infodump and they certainly abide by Chekov's gun. Shizuku and Tsugaru's love/hate bickering where always top tier entertaining.

This was an easy 9/10 for me.
Sep 27, 2023 12:06 PM

Sep 2022
One of the underrated anime of this season. Loved it from start to finish. 10/10.

Sep 27, 2023 12:10 PM
Dec 2022
I loved the ending. Perfect season finale. 9.4/10.
Sep 27, 2023 12:11 PM

Aug 2019
Felt like a bit of an asspull that the other remains belonged to something else that just happened to be in the tower

Didn't enjoy the latter part of this compared to how it started, but still probably favorite of this season

Sep 27, 2023 12:16 PM

Jun 2016
I'm glad the werewolves girls who were bitten by the vampire survived, and yes it looks like Carmilla has clearly grown fond of Shizuka, though apparently it's not mutual. It's funny how Moriarty's team doesn't seem so villainous in this arc.
Sep 27, 2023 12:20 PM
Mar 2020
Nice ending, waiting for next season!
Sep 27, 2023 12:21 PM
Mar 2023
The last ep felt a little rushed to me, but overall I very much enjoyed it. I really enjoyed the artistic approach to the final fight, and enjoyed Aya sympathizing with Nora as well. If the episode was maybe 6-7 minutes longer I think it would have played out great. It was a nice bow on an enjoyable show. I hope they have a season 2. Def. The sleeper hit this season
Sep 27, 2023 12:25 PM

May 2020
Wow, that's quite a lot of discovery there lol. To think this was all planned and was carried out by a single person all along is rather astonishing, although she did get caught in the end. Jutte playing Nora and heck even Louise for over a year, at the same time, while carrying out her plans at the same time too, does seem a bit far-fetched.. but then again this is a series about abnormal and supernatural beings.

Aya's revelations one after another did make my jaw drop a bit, but that's just her being her. Banquet got a bit of screentime too, though they're the main bad guys gang, so until next time we see Carmilla toying with Shizuku:(

It's over for now, though I do hope we see a second season AT ANY COST. It deserves that much at the very least. One of the very few new shows this season which stayed strong from start to finish. Will miss.

By the way, Victor's a good "bad guy":)
Sep 27, 2023 12:26 PM

Aug 2022
A very nice final episode with a great plot twist that actually gave me goosebumps. Been a while since a new anime has made me this excited on a weekly basis.

The story continues, so let's hope this gets renewed for a second season. 9/10 for me overall.
Sep 27, 2023 12:26 PM

Apr 2023
Loved this show from start to finish! Amazing directing and art, interesting cases, and some of the most fun interactions between characters I've seen so far!
Sep 27, 2023 12:31 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yeah that was definitely a complex plan of revenge taking multiple identities at the same time and making both werewolves and human villages destroy each other but saving the werewolves girls at the same time so they weren't killed but actually freed from their fate :o, not my favorite case I would say but was good, I hope for a 2nd season now
AshhkSep 27, 2023 12:35 PM
Sep 27, 2023 12:48 PM
Dec 2022
Final episode felt rushed with all the setup on the final showdown between all the players. But was a solid ending to a solid series otherwise and I hope we get a season 2.
Sep 27, 2023 12:51 PM

Apr 2020
I felt so betrayed by this Anime. I trusted it one too many times.
After a clickbait-y first episode that implied a Dark Fantasy-Action, Super Natural story, I stuck around even as it immediately took a U-turn and became a dialogue-heavy detective, mystery the very next episode. Even during the arc with Sherlock/Lupin where the protags mostly took a back sit. Then this final episode which was teased to be a chaotic battle between the Detectives, Banquet, and Insurance Company, only had it as still images for less than 5 minutes but had time for a long revelation that felt like an hour.

I wish they just decided to pick one route for this Anime-- Detective/Mystery or Dark fantasy-action, instead of the pretentious approach it took.
-+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+-
Sep 27, 2023 1:08 PM
Sep 2019
His voice reached all the way to London.
We have been tested with more to come.(wtf was wrong with that clothes in the end?)

Kinda rushed, I had to slow down the speed of the episode. To x90 just to understand wtf is she saying.

Pretty good but kinda disappointed as it was very predictable that The child survive. The moment we saw for the first time (very common in fiction stories)

What I wasn't expecting was Aya letting the culprit go free. (She will comeback for sure)

Man, bSD , this and Happy marriage story all ended. What an day it used to be. This was my last show of this season other than jjk

A good anime season after 2021 i get to watch more than 10 show's (16 In total) Sadly I only finished 14.
Among them this was definitely one of the top 5.

From next season I get back to only sequal like last 2 years lol.

Hopefully the vol 5 is released soon, so we can have a full Season with 4/5th vol by the time vol6 get released.
Sep 27, 2023 1:12 PM
Jan 2020
Hay pocas series donde se mezclen personajes tan opuestos y diversos (Sherlock, Frankenstein, etc...) en donde su ejecución y resultado final terminen siendo satisfactorios
Uno de los mejores estrenos de la temporada, los diseños de los personajes me encantó
9/10
Sep 27, 2023 1:24 PM

Jul 2011
Poor tower unlucky fox.

In the end was kinda shallow the conclusion. Jutte ended mostly innocent werewolves get killed, and let the crazy village elder alive.

And didn't address the elephant in the room, that was the Moriarty getting the werewolf probably.

These 2 last episodes really hurt the score for me, on this one.
BlichoBoySep 27, 2023 1:27 PM
Sep 27, 2023 2:07 PM
Dec 2020
So, all mysteries solved, except for one...

Why the hell is Shizuku going commando? XD

Does she, like, enjoy the breeze down there or something? XD

In all seriousness, this was really enjoyable and I'd love to see it renewed for S2. I'm not following the news so I don't know if it's confirmed, but I had lots of fun, so I hope itcomes back at some point.
Sep 27, 2023 2:19 PM
Oct 2020
Definitely the hidden gem of the season for me. I hope we get a season 2. While it definitely could've been better in many ways I still enjoyed it enough to give it an 8/10
Sep 27, 2023 2:19 PM

Mar 2023
Amazing ending and this was easily the best arc we got this season.
I don’t expect it, but I hope we get a season 2
Sep 27, 2023 2:28 PM

Dec 2018
Beautiful ending; they wrapped up the case nicely and are soon on the track of finding her body. I will say that whole last arc was a MESS, but it turned out pretty good.
Sep 27, 2023 2:57 PM

Mar 2019
Aya Rindou is the coolest head-girl in anime ^^

7/10
Sep 27, 2023 3:07 PM

Jul 2017
A decent finale but something felt missing for me with this show, can't put my finger on it. It was fine but the cases didn't grab me as much as I hoped and was a little disinterested at times too because of it despite the nice main characters and chemistry there. The direction is fairly strong as expected but I don't know, maybe with a rewatch would help later down the line. One of the better shows of a pretty underwhelming season of anime for me but not a show I would say is in the tier of favorites of the year (at least for the time being).
Sep 27, 2023 3:20 PM

Nov 2013
What a load of bullshit...

Lost all respect towards Rindou as she literally justifies killings of 3 innocent human girls with "it's ok, since iT wAs NoT ReVeNgE yOu wAntEd + I sympathize with women in cages"

W T F? I rolled my eyes so hard there.

Even Jutte knew what she did was unjustifiable and she deserved death so what's with that BS conclusion??? Showing mercy because she's a child? Because she's a girl? Because she' a victim? And what's with "you didn't really want revenge" BS? Didn't Rindou herself explain Jutte did those things so humans and werewolves would destroy each other? Why present a freaking murderer as someone noble??? Imagine justifying a mass-shooter with "they were a victim of society".

This is pure selective judgement crap. Jutte lets 3 werewolf girls escape, in return god knows how many OTHER innocent werewolves (including children) got massacred when humans arrived. Makes no sense why she pitied those 3 precisely, and yet killed 3 other girls in cold blood + allowed massacre to happen.

In the end, even the Elder Werewolf, who was responsible for Jutte's mom's banishing, SURVIVED. And Jutte then just decides to leave and go somewhere FUN??? In the end her actions resulted in deaths of dozens if not hundreds of werewolves + humans, including children, and the only truly guilty person who Jutte eventually killed was Louise who wasn't even against it as she acknowledged being guilty!!!

Disappointing last episode.
Sep 27, 2023 3:23 PM
鋼鉄乙女

Aug 2016
This series was such a disappointment for me. Everything felt rushed, the never ending new characters were terribly underutilized and the only interesting mystery so far ended in such an anticlimactic way. It's a shame because the character designs are great, the premise is interesting enough but the writing didn't help at all.
"Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!" - Bill & Ted´s Excellent Adventure

Check my introduction to Char´s Counterattack interest stack if you´re interested in watching UC Gundam. Also check my Legend of the Galactic Heroes OVA Chronological Watch Order for LoGH info!
Sep 27, 2023 4:00 PM
May 2022
Definitely rushed in places but it was fun. One of the more surprising anime of the season. Would watch a second season. 7/10
Sep 27, 2023 4:24 PM

Mar 2020
A last deduction, concluding both the cases in the werewolf and human village, satisfying to be sure...

Well, that kind of threw me for a loop, as Jutte, the Louise we thought we knew, and Nora were the same entity, and the plans were certainly well thought out. The motives were interesting, and even had Aya a little bit incorrect in her judgment of the motive being revenge. Nora's real motive though was to save the werewolf girls before they were forced to become priestesses for breeding. There was nice parallel to Aya being caged, to these werewolf girls being shackled for eternity. Overall, the arc was solid, a bit rushed I'd say in the finale, but it worked out decently for a satisfying conclusion.

Honestly, this is probably my personal pick for anime of the season, as I really enjoyed the flow of the dialogue and action, along with the characters' ability to command each scene with such power, so much so that each episode felt like it flew by in five minutes or less. Full credit to the voice actors, and to the director for such a great ride, and I hope to see a sequel, as this story is not over yet.

9/10.
Sep 27, 2023 4:26 PM

Oct 2020
Started off great. Loved the vampire murder arc and the London arc. Glad to see Erik and Lupin still being boyfriends in crime. The werewolf murder arc really bored me and tempered my score though. 7/10

Sep 27, 2023 4:27 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to Sigmar-Unberogen

Lost all respect towards Rindou as she literally justifies killings of 3 innocent human girls with "it's ok, since iT wAs NoT ReVeNgE yOu wAntEd + I sympathize with women in cages"

Even Jutte knew what she did was unjustifiable and she deserved death so what's with that BS conclusion??? Showing mercy because she's a child? Because she's a girl? Because she' a victim? And what's with "you didn't really want revenge" BS? Didn't Rindou herself explain Jutte did those things so humans and werewolves would destroy each other? Why present a freaking murderer as someone noble??? Imagine justifying a mass-shooter with "they were a victim of society".

This is pure selective judgement crap. Jutte lets 3 werewolf girls escape, in return god knows how many OTHER innocent werewolves (including children) got massacred when humans arrived. Makes no sense why she pitied those 3 precisely, and yet killed 3 other girls in cold blood + allowed massacre to happen.

In the end, even the Elder Werewolf, who was responsible for Jutte's mom's banishing, SURVIVED. And Jutte then just decides to leave and go somewhere FUN??? In the end her actions resulted in deaths of dozens if not hundreds of werewolves + humans, including children, and the only truly guilty person who Jutte eventually killed was Louise who wasn't even against it as she acknowledged being guilty!!!

Sigmar-Unberogen said:

Aya didn't characterize Jutte as someone "noble". She understood the situation, it isn't a black/white thing that people with justice boners like to simplify every single situation. The whole matriarcal system in the werewolves village was already hell for the girls being pretty much just breeding cattle in order to get the top tier miko as a succesor. Jutte destroys this matriarcal system by letting both villages know the truth, that's what really matters. Saving 3 girls is better than saving none. The werewolves killed by villagers are pretty much colateral, but it's hard to call them all "innocent" if they followed the rules of the matriarch, not to mention that the villagers along with the Royce agents are the ones that invaded the werewolf villa (not to mention there has been bad blood between humans and werewolves in that region and that was bound to happen sooner or later).

There's also a very important note that Aya and her crew aren't law enforcement agents, their job isn't to act as judge, jury and executor, they are there to solve the case. The vampire case was an exemption because Godard was heartbroken that his own son killed his wife.

Sigmar-Unberogen said:

What do you want in this situation? That Jutte turns supersayan and "selectively" kills the matriarch while the rest of 2 villages just stand there watching? She did the best she could do, the whole matriarchal system is already torn down and that's what truly matters.
KimurahSep 27, 2023 4:44 PM
Sep 27, 2023 4:31 PM
May 2017
oof I was wrong as hell about the true culprit. I thought old man mayor was secretly a werewolf and playing both sides. The actual truth behind the case was much more complex. In the end I agree with Aya, nothing much is likely to change.

As for Jutte, she is probably going to get caught by moriarty's group to make red head guy near invincible. Tsuguru will need some amps to deal with him because that's definitely his rival of the series.

I hope we get a season 2 cuz I enjoyed this a good deal.

final rating 8/10
Sep 27, 2023 5:01 PM

Jul 2019
Kimurah said:
Saving 3 girls is better than saving none.

Is saving 3 girls, when you have to murder 3 others really better then saving none?

B3RyL01 said:
Why the hell is Shizuku going commando? XD

I'm Pretty sure either last episode, or the one before, when Aya and Tsugaru found Shizuku in the prison, They said they were able to find all her clothes except her panties
Sep 27, 2023 5:16 PM
May 2021
Reply to Sigmar-Unberogen

@Sigmar-Unberogen I really couldn't have said it any better myself. I'm genuinely baffled that most other people have seemingly skimmed over these issues with the way this arc concluded. I do NOT vibe with the plot treating Jutte as some kind of tragic saint. She did more harm than good, and changed nothing about the situation of the villages. She "saved" 3 werewolf girls but others will still have to go through what she saved them from so what's the point? Not to mention the amount of people that died because of her makes it no where near worth it.

Then there are people unironically talking about "sexual tension" between Shizuku and Carmilla as if it isn't pretty clear that the dynamic between them is a predator and a victim. Carmilla clearly likes preying on girls and Shizuku also CLEARLY doesn't vibe with it but people are still essentially shipping it...wtf? Do people realize that Carmilla is meant to be a rapist murderer? Shizuku was very much serious when she said she wanted to kill her.

It was honestly extremely dissatisfying for a finale.
Sep 27, 2023 5:20 PM
May 2021
Reply to Kimurah
Sigmar-Unberogen said:

Aya didn't characterize Jutte as someone "noble". She understood the situation, it isn't a black/white thing that people with justice boners like to simplify every single situation. The whole matriarcal system in the werewolves village was already hell for the girls being pretty much just breeding cattle in order to get the top tier miko as a succesor. Jutte destroys this matriarcal system by letting both villages know the truth, that's what really matters. Saving 3 girls is better than saving none. The werewolves killed by villagers are pretty much colateral, but it's hard to call them all "innocent" if they followed the rules of the matriarch, not to mention that the villagers along with the Royce agents are the ones that invaded the werewolf villa (not to mention there has been bad blood between humans and werewolves in that region and that was bound to happen sooner or later).

There's also a very important note that Aya and her crew aren't law enforcement agents, their job isn't to act as judge, jury and executor, they are there to solve the case. The vampire case was an exemption because Godard was heartbroken that his own son killed his wife.

Sigmar-Unberogen said:

What do you want in this situation? That Jutte turns supersayan and "selectively" kills the matriarch while the rest of 2 villages just stand there watching? She did the best she could do, the whole matriarchal system is already torn down and that's what truly matters.
@Kimurah Genuinely what makes you think the system was torn down? Why would the werewolf village change their custom now? They quite literally have no reason to. They didn't even hear Jutte's reasons for her actions? As far as they're concerned, she's just some deranged murderer who betrayed their village. Especially with the old lady surviving, nothing will change. Even Aya acknowledges this. Everything Jutte did was essentially meaningless and she did more harm than good.
Sep 27, 2023 6:07 PM

Sep 2011
Well that sure was an ending. This show was impressive for managing to both gain and lose my interest completely twice. Episode one hooked me but then the first real arc was a snore. But then the Lupin/Sherlock arc was pretty great. And then the werewolf village arc just dragged and killed all of my interest
Sep 27, 2023 6:07 PM

Jul 2017
Reply to Kimurah
For me, this was truly the dark horse of the season. Each case was intriguing along with the introduction of quite charming scoundrels that in some way you want them to get away with murder (with the exemption of the vampire family case).

Aya's deductions were almost hypnotically charming, they never felt like boring infodump and they certainly abide by Chekov's gun. Shizuku and Tsugaru's love/hate bickering where always top tier entertaining.

This was an easy 9/10 for me.
@Kimurah That's why I love your deductions, couldn't be any more happier.
Sep 27, 2023 6:10 PM

Jul 2017
Reply to Kimurah
Sigmar-Unberogen said:

Sigmar-Unberogen said:

@Kimurah I agree with all of the points that you have above.

The trio are just spectators to scenarios that have been played beforehand, and they're intercepting to resolve the conflict between all parties. That's all it really matters of a detective group.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2023

120 by SaltyCookie »»
May 25, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2023

117 by nikki05 »»
Apr 14, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2023

123 by nikki05 »»
Apr 13, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2023

101 by nikki05 »»
Apr 13, 7:35 AM

» Season two?

Zeekto - Sep 20, 2023

37 by Yuri_Niji »»
Apr 5, 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.