Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Sep 2021
It's pretty obvious what type of audience this series attracts, but are there still any women watching?

Edit: This thread is mainly for the poll just out of curiosity, I am not actually being serious with the question in the title
AdvideAug 16, 2023 4:18 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 15, 2023 11:59 PM
Sep 2021
yes

that's like asking : " do men enjoy fruits basket ? "
Aug 16, 2023 12:16 AM

Apr 2016
Yes, but what is a woman OP ?
Aug 16, 2023 12:29 AM

Sep 2021
Saimatsu_Fan said:
yes

Yeah the title is just an exaggeration, but, as far as popular anime go, this series is definitely among the ones with the greatest watching ratio of men to women 
Aug 16, 2023 12:32 AM
Sep 2021
Advide said:
Saimatsu_Fan said:
yes

Yeah the title is just an exaggeration, but, as far as popular anime go, this series is definitely among the ones with the greatest watching ratio of men to women 

gee, i sure wonder why 🤔🤔🤔
Aug 16, 2023 1:13 AM
Feb 2023
Yes, not a lot but there are still women who enjoy isekai
Aug 16, 2023 1:29 AM

Sep 2022
interesting disscussion...

Aug 16, 2023 2:01 AM
Jul 2020
I mean, obviously, most of the audience is male. The vast majority of the users of this site are male as well.

But the anime itself doesn’t have any more or less female fans than any other anime aside from BL and Shoujo, since those have an exponentially larger female audience.

In fact, based on sheer popularity and quality, it might actually have a little more female fans than usual.

Mushoku Tensei isn’t an anime about ecchi with some plot lmao. It’s a damn good story with some ecchi.

These are very different things. And they matter.

It’s true that you won’t catch many woman watching To Love Ru. The neuronal-activation won’t be the same, after all.

But Mushoku?

That’s like asking “do women watch Konosuba?”.

And, yeah bruh, they do. What do you think women are…?
Isekai-EnjoyerAug 16, 2023 2:07 AM
Aug 16, 2023 2:06 AM

Mar 2021
Advide said:
Saimatsu_Fan said:
yes

Did you know that Redo of healer was more popular among female audience?

Source
Aug 16, 2023 3:01 AM
Apr 2022
What are u talkin about...not a single female watches anime, so watching this would be such a long shot.
Aug 16, 2023 3:07 AM

Mar 2023
I find a new dumbest thread every day.
Aug 16, 2023 5:26 AM
Jul 2022
Saimatsu_Fan said:
yes

But we don't enjoy fruits basket...
Aug 16, 2023 5:46 AM
Jun 2019
Saimatsu_Fan said:
yes

I do enjoy both of them
Aug 16, 2023 6:04 AM
Jun 2021
there’s probably more women watching this than standard isekai tbh.
we're connected by the black thread of fate, after all
Aug 16, 2023 6:30 AM
Jul 2022
honestly this is such a good show and i wish it had more female fans. if rudy wasnt such a fucking perv it might have some more lmao
Aug 16, 2023 6:49 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Yes, despite how creepy Rudeus was on the early episodes (and thankfully he isn't anymore due to character development),
Mushoku Tensei is still one of the best isekai I've ever seen, I love the story and plot ^.^

I always look forward to next episode :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Aug 16, 2023 7:01 AM

Apr 2022
@Onaniu does it? i doubt xD
Aug 16, 2023 7:09 AM
Jun 2021
‘Other’ is unnecessary in this context as we are not primarily concerned with orientation of gender (only using it as basis of observation)— the ‘other’ group can choose what they wish to be and you’d consequently be limiting dishonest answers by limiting choices. Also, there is selection bias in posting this on MAL— perhaps even the date and time you decided to post at. Though this is the easiest and most convenient way to do things so I don’t blame you.
KockorzoAug 16, 2023 9:56 AM
///
Aug 16, 2023 7:17 AM
Oct 2021
Saimatsu_Fan said:
yes

didn't even watch that shitty azz show
Aug 16, 2023 7:39 AM
Jul 2018
ryzxgum said:
@Onaniu does it? i doubt xD

I think there are few!
It would be nice to discuss some spicy things in the anime with them :D
Aug 16, 2023 8:40 AM

Mar 2021
What the heck is this thread
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2023 8:44 AM
Apr 2023
Saimatsu_Fan said:
yes

A female friend of mine adores that anime.
I couldn't bear to continue it after episode 11. I guess it's because it feels like a reverse harem that I'm not used to.
Aug 16, 2023 9:24 AM
Jan 2021
umm .. yes I suppose
Aug 16, 2023 10:14 AM
Oct 2022
MagicWasTaken20 said:
Saimatsu_Fan said:
yes

A female friend of mine adores that anime.
I couldn't bear to continue it after episode 11. I guess it's because it feels like a reverse harem that I'm not used to.

yes it is , I also dropped it
Aug 16, 2023 10:45 AM

Sep 2018
Harem does have a niche with some female fans, but I doubt Rudeus is enough of a pretty boy to gather a large female audience. Rudeus`s old life form probably turned away a lot of female demographic.
Aug 16, 2023 10:51 AM

Sep 2018
Golden_Cheese said:
Saimatsu_Fan said:
yes

But we don't enjoy fruits basket...

Agreed on Fruits Basket being pretty boy drama bordom. Not made for me.
Aug 16, 2023 11:02 AM
Mar 2020
Angglio_1 said:
Yes, not a lot but there are still women who enjoy isekai

I don’t think he’s talking about isekai as a genre but the anime itself 💀
Aug 16, 2023 11:03 AM
Mar 2020
Isekai-Enjoyer said:
I mean, obviously, most of the audience is male. The vast majority of the users of this site are male as well.

But the anime itself doesn’t have any more or less female fans than any other anime aside from BL and Shoujo, since those have an exponentially larger female audience.

In fact, based on sheer popularity and quality, it might actually have a little more female fans than usual.

Mushoku Tensei isn’t an anime about ecchi with some plot lmao. It’s a damn good story with some ecchi.

It’s true that you won’t catch many woman watching To Love Ru. The neuronal-activation won’t be the same, after all.

But Mushoku?

Konosuba is completely different lmaoo
Aug 16, 2023 11:31 AM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
When it comes to anime in general, the majority of those who watch and enjoy it are men. That is true for every site dedicated to anime.
Aug 16, 2023 11:32 AM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
Seeinq said:

You have to take in count Magic Knight Rayearth, Escaflowne, and Inuyasha as those are all isekais with a female protagonist. More women are watching those isekais than Mushoku Tensei.
Aug 16, 2023 12:01 PM
Sep 2022
Saimatsu_Fan said:
yes

yes i love fruits basket
Aug 16, 2023 12:09 PM

May 2015
Someone is off there meds today
Aug 16, 2023 12:28 PM
Jul 2020
opemmanuel said:
Isekai-Enjoyer said:

But Mushoku?

Konosuba is completely different lmaoo

Uh, even though it isn’t?

Isekai, openly pervert protagonist, ecchi and very explicitly aimed at men.

It’s very unlikely that a woman who enjoys Konosuba wouldn’t enjoy Mushoku.
Aug 16, 2023 12:36 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, a lot of people are missing out on Fruits Basket. So sad.
Aug 16, 2023 12:39 PM

Jan 2013
Aside from the author's dumb fetish-y shit, this is just a good adventure series, so of course the anime has female viewers. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Aug 16, 2023 12:41 PM

Jan 2009
10% are only female fans of this show

anyway MAL is majority a sausagefest source https://myanimelist.net/advertising

and anime fandom in general is still male dominated
Aug 16, 2023 12:42 PM

Jan 2013
ErogakiPatches said:
Seeinq said:

You have to take in count Magic Knight Rayearth, Escaflowne, and Inuyasha as those are all isekais with a female protagonist. More women are watching those isekais than Mushoku Tensei.
I would be shocked if those old shows combined had more people watching than one of the modern day juggernauts of isekai. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Aug 16, 2023 12:59 PM
Mar 2021
V1P3R0P said:
Advide said:

Source

makes sense. Girls like some weird shit (from my experience)
Aug 16, 2023 1:04 PM

Jan 2013
SouthRzVa said:
I would wager that shoujo in general is more appreciated by men than teenage boys, it may take time to get over the stigma of it.
Aug 16, 2023 1:18 PM
Jun 2021
ErogakiPatches said:
Seeinq said:

i mean standard isekai as the copy paste haremesque isekai with almost always a male protagonist.
we're connected by the black thread of fate, after all
Aug 16, 2023 1:19 PM

Mar 2021
Orbakun said:
V1P3R0P said:

Source

makes sense. Girls like some weird shit (from my experience)

I dont really think thats a valid reason. The author of that series told in an interview that Female audience demand series with revenge plot. Also, I read another article where an anime adaptation of his other work "Assassin Aristocrat" also had popularity among Japanese female audience. The anime wasnt really as "Strongly Descriptive" as Redo of healer.
Aug 16, 2023 2:02 PM

Sep 2018
LostSpectre said:
SouthRzVa said:
I would wager that shoujo in general is more appreciated by men than teenage boys, it may take time to get over the stigma of it.
LostSpectre said:
SouthRzVa said:

I would argue that shoujo is more enjoyed by male teens than men.
1. Men obviously watch more anime so their standards are likely higher
2. Teens may be able to self insert into the pretty boy uknowingly, but men fail to make that connection.
Sex difference preferences often increase with age.
Aug 16, 2023 2:27 PM

May 2015
SouthRzVa said:

Right? The remake is probably one of the best anime to come out in the past 10 years.
Aug 16, 2023 3:17 PM

Jan 2013
rohan121 said:
LostSpectre said:
LostSpectre said:

I would argue that shoujo is more enjoyed by male teens than men. 
1. Men obviously watch more anime so their standards are likely higher
2. Teens may be able to self insert into the pretty boy uknowingly, but men fail to make that connection. 
Sex difference preferences often increase with age. 
I don't see what standards have to do with it, people who watch more anime are bound to eventually branch out into more and more genres. Second, I think weebs are way too concerned with the whole "self-insert" thing, the majority of people just watch anime without any need to use it as a personal coping mechanism. I highly disagree that "sex difference preferences" increase with age, as people that are older and more mature should be less likely to be influenced by such nonsense.

I doubt I'll reply a second time, take that how you will.
Aug 16, 2023 3:39 PM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
Seeinq said:
ErogakiPatches said:

i mean standard isekai as the copy paste haremesque isekai with almost always a male protagonist.

Not sure what this is supposed to mean. Please elaborate.
Aug 16, 2023 3:40 PM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
LostSpectre said:
ErogakiPatches said:

I would be shocked if those old shows combined had more people watching than one of the modern day juggernauts of isekai. 

That is not my point. More WOMEN are watching those shows, not more people. The majority of the people watching Mushoku Tensei are men, while the majority of people watching/reading the ones I mentioned are women.
Aug 16, 2023 3:45 PM

Jan 2013
ErogakiPatches said:
LostSpectre said:

That is not my point. More WOMEN are watching those shows, not more people. The majority of the people watching Mushoku Tensei are men, while the majority of people watching/reading the ones I mentioned are women.
Surely, it should have been implied that I was talking about women, since that was the entire point. 

I'm saying more women probably watch MT, whether or not male viewers are the larger percentage.  
Aug 16, 2023 3:57 PM

Jan 2021
Advide said:
Saimatsu_Fan said:
yes

According to who or what are you saying this? I mean, it is no surprise that more men watch it but isn't that is the case for most anime?
Aug 16, 2023 3:58 PM

Jan 2021
V1P3R0P said:
Advide said:

Source

That isn't true, that says it had more female audience than normally, not that it had more female audience in general.
Aug 16, 2023 4:00 PM

Oct 2021
V1P3R0P said:
Advide said:

Source
Wait, are you talking about how RoH has more female audiences than male? No way that's true.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

455 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

300 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

225 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

237 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2023

284 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.