Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 26, 2023 9:32 AM

Nov 2011
Looks like this episode is reaching its climax for trying to find the murderer. A case like this had some unusual circumstances...

This episode felt like a horror movie in a way as well. The lack of remorse and case itself has created a lot of uneasy feelings among the cast. 
Jul 26, 2023 11:02 AM
Feb 2018
i was very wrong i thought the little girl would be the murder having been control somehow. 
Jul 26, 2023 11:05 AM

Apr 2022
I usually find murder mysteries to be monotonous, but it appears there's one that even I can find interesting. The amount of useless talking and going in circles only to find one plausible solution based on a whole lot of assumptions that turned out to be the correct one is a bit annoying, but with the fantasy setting I'm willing to suspend my disbelief and watch the pretty animation.

Mar 2020
The mystery concludes, with a show-stopping conclusion...

This arc was really interesting to watch, with great direction throughout, and moments that had me on the edge of my seat, even if it wasn't really action-heavy. Each episode flew by very quickly, and I was invested fully. I'm not going to say the big reveal was unpredictable, but the anime did a great job casting doubt in the minds of us viewers, with red herrings left and right. The episode this week played out like a live action play to an extent, with dialogue that flowed very well, and striking visuals. It's a very unique style that I've enjoyed a lot.

Now, onto the next arc!

Apr 2021
Paladin23 said:
i was very wrong i thought the little girl would be the murder having been control somehow. 
Me too!

I hope this is as far as detection goes in this series. These last couple of episodes were quite boring and mechanical after the first episode had promised us a road trip through steam-age Europe.
Jul 26, 2023 11:10 AM
May 2018
Well the case has come to a close and overall I found it to be a pretty good mystery. Seeing Shinuchi cutting his own promo while fighting was really amusing. Since we don’t see the culprit after the fight I’m guessing Shinuchi permanently got rid of them. You know seeing the M on his cane, he calling himself the professor and Lupin getting references at the end I’m going to say that the professor’s true identity maybe Moriarty.
link2601Jul 26, 2023 11:23 AM
Jul 26, 2023 11:18 AM
Sep 2015
I just realized that Japan has so many version of Sherlock and Lupin, and even Moriarty, but no Poirot yet. Is it because of copyright?
Jul 26, 2023 11:21 AM

Feb 2019
So the vampire murder case finally wraps up.

Really good mini-arc that had me thoroughly confused in the best possible way throughout lol. Everyone in that mansion was sus and up until the last minute I thought it was the daughter behind everything. The frozen stake twist was some really dope writing.

I hope going forward we get more action scenes though. That Tsuguru Raoul fight was dope. Really shows how terrifying Tsuguru can be even with half his powers gone.

Show has now name dropped Lupin and Sherlock. I’m willing to bet the professor ends up being Moriarty since there’s an M on his cane. Would also explain why they name dropped Sherlock so much a couple weeks ago.

Great ep 👍
Marinate1016Jul 26, 2023 11:26 AM
Jul 26, 2023 11:27 AM

Jan 2022
Paladin23 said:

same here, but I guess even anime follows occams razor.
Jul 26, 2023 11:34 AM
Jan 2022
am really starting to get into it!!
Jul 26, 2023 11:37 AM
Jul 2023
The fight scene is so satisfying to watch, definitely a treat after previous uneventful episodes
Jul 26, 2023 11:41 AM
Jun 2020
well that's a nice arc to begin. Just like everyone. I thought that little girl did it somehow...

they name dropped Sherlock and now Lupin... So I guess that old guy with the "M" on his cane is Moriarty? has to be, mystery and these names always associated with one another.

Been a long time since I enjoyed watching an anime this much. such fresh anime this is.
Jul 26, 2023 11:45 AM

Apr 2021
Now I can say it, under the influence or not, the script flows so amazingly smooth, it's quite astonishing how the time flies watching this anime. 

Still, watching a detective story weekly is not ideal. Not having every clue immediately recollected from the episode before can belittle the impact.
Jul 26, 2023 11:46 AM

Oct 2017
I had a feeling it was that brat, cause I mean he's a brat. This case felt like your typical detective story with just the supernatural involved. I hope things get better.
Jul 26, 2023 12:05 PM

May 2020
I'm pretty sure I didn't blink even once throughout the first half, such was the weight of whatever Aya was deducing. Though we got our culprit and he's the lousy blonde son who used to have totally DIFFERENT views on how their kind should live.. and I mean "used to" because after the beating he took from Tsugaru that's the best possible term to describe his current status lol.

Anyways, we're over with the vampire arc and as expected the trio are onto some new venture now. Looking forward to whatever is coming next. Also hey that bad old guy made an appearance with some strange creatures tagging him and taking some familiar names.. so again looking forward.

Keep the great direction going.
Jul 26, 2023 12:24 PM
Oct 2019
Do you think these 13 episodes will make the whole anime or only a season 1? I have a feeling they can develop multiple seasons
Jul 26, 2023 12:33 PM

Feb 2018
Well, looks like they solved it!
Wasn't expecting them to kill the guy, but either way it was quite the brawl.
Sneak peak at this "professors" companions.
Jul 26, 2023 2:19 PM

Jul 2014
Damn and it was the son this whole time, I had a feeling it was their servant but it caught me off guard. Im actually enjoying this, funny mc and the immortal girl is so smart. Cant wait for the next episodes
Jul 26, 2023 2:28 PM
Nov 2015
This was SUCH a good episode. I for sure thought the older son did it, but no. This show is really starting to build.
Jul 26, 2023 4:13 PM

May 2015
It kinda sucked that they decided to cut out some of the best parts of this chapter, bit still a great episode
Jul 26, 2023 4:51 PM

Nov 2021
this show is fire, surprised that it's adapted from a novel
Jul 26, 2023 5:03 PM

Jan 2015
This episode is mostly deduction/explanation/talking but i wasn't bored at all, they did rather good job with the anime. Props to the VAs, especially Aya's VA, the way she talks keeps my attention. I thought the older brother or even the daughter was the one who committed the crime, the younger brother was the one i suspected the least even including the maids. When they talked about holy water, freezing it didn't cross my mind as a method since i assumed there are no refrigerators at that place/time (they become common at homes in early 1900s, this episode took place in 1898). I guess they use the early freezer models invented in around the middle of 19th century.
XavionJul 26, 2023 5:15 PM

• reminder to do something today that will make your life better •
• true failure is when you stop trying •

Jul 26, 2023 5:07 PM

May 2015
Xavion said:
This episode is mostly deduction/explanation/talking but i wasn't bored at all, they did rather good job with the anime. Props to the VAs, especially Aya's VA, the way she talks keeps my attention. I thought the older brother or even the daughter was the one who committed the crime, the younger brother was the one i suspected the least even including the maids. When they talked about holy water, freezing it didn't cross my mind as a method since i assumed there are no refrigerators at that place/time.

Well they did make a point to mention that the temperature at night was below freezing last episode
Jul 26, 2023 5:08 PM

May 2015
yagakimilover said:
this show is fire, surprised that it's adapted from a novel

What's surprising about that? There's a ton of great anime adapted from Ln's
Jul 26, 2023 5:11 PM
Nov 2018
I was right. And maybe I was the only one? I wrote in the last thread that the younger son did it, and that he had asked the hunter to come just so he could get the stake.

He staked it all on one try.

But that fight scene went on way too long.
Jul 26, 2023 5:17 PM

Jan 2015
billybub said:
Xavion said:
This episode is mostly deduction/explanation/talking but i wasn't bored at all, they did rather good job with the anime. Props to the VAs, especially Aya's VA, the way she talks keeps my attention. I thought the older brother or even the daughter was the one who committed the crime, the younger brother was the one i suspected the least even including the maids. When they talked about holy water, freezing it didn't cross my mind as a method since i assumed there are no refrigerators at that place/time.

Well they did make a point to mention that the temperature at night was below freezing last episode

Good catch! Seems that either i didn't pay good attention or i have memory problems due to terrible sleeping habits.

• reminder to do something today that will make your life better •
• true failure is when you stop trying •

Jul 26, 2023 5:39 PM
Aug 2020
another good episode

i really like the way the things are going...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jul 26, 2023 5:45 PM

Sep 2014
I called the whodunnit since ep 2! The howdunnit had a lot of nuance and certainly did not let me down. All in all, a great episode.
Jul 26, 2023 5:50 PM

Aug 2016
Well, I was definitely wrong. Really didn’t think it was him. This episode was so gripping. Damn, that fight scene was good. Tsugaru’s got that aesthetic. Looks like new characters are incoming.
Jul 26, 2023 5:56 PM
Dec 2020
JaysonNnN said:
Do you think these 13 episodes will make the whole anime or only a season 1? I have a feeling they can develop multiple seasons

well its an unfinished book series so probably a cliffhanger ending then it goes quiet
Jul 26, 2023 6:07 PM

Apr 2008
The presentation is delightful, but I don't love the solution. That's so much effort to leave a ton of evidence in his room. The bloody bottle used for the transfer, the sword, the fingers, just waiting for someone to search the rest of the house. And we didn't get a justification of the butler's weird reactions. Oh well, it's fun.
Jul 26, 2023 6:32 PM
Oct 2019
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
JaysonNnN said:

well its an unfinished book series so probably a cliffhanger ending then it goes quiet

I see, surely the type of anime where you will have to be patient between the different parts
Jul 26, 2023 7:34 PM

Jun 2021
 What did they mean by this? I think it symbolizes Rindo's intelligence shining like an aura, and the evidence she's examining is being engulfed by her sheer brainpower. I think I'm right.
Jul 26, 2023 7:43 PM

Nov 2012
Paladin23 said:
So did I. I thought the maid was her puppeteer.
Jul 26, 2023 7:48 PM
Feb 2018
dragynfaerie said:
Paladin23 said:
it was too on the nose for one of the humans to be a part of the crime. I figured the girl got brainwashed by the guy with the M cane (and as he visited the mansion not a bad theory) I did believe the brother (older) covered it up but I like how the scene played out
Jul 26, 2023 7:54 PM

Apr 2022
i must say, the directing is pretty good. liked how it kept blacking out as he bolted towards shinuchi.
Jul 26, 2023 8:12 PM

Nov 2012
Paladin23 said:
dragynfaerie said:
it was too on the nose for one of the humans to be a part of the crime. I figured the girl got brainwashed by the guy with the M cane (and as he visited the mansion not a bad theory) I did believe the brother (older) covered it up but I like how the scene played out
I'd totally forgotten about the weird old guy with the cane. That was a great guess.
Jul 26, 2023 8:26 PM
May 2023
I simply love a parlor room scene, I really wish there were more anime with them.
Jul 26, 2023 8:28 PM
Sep 2021
The case was solved and the way of handling it was good, the fight had good scenes and overall worth it.
Jul 26, 2023 8:46 PM
Mar 2015
Our head solved the crime and oni killer finished off the killer
Jul 26, 2023 9:16 PM

Dec 2018
that was a crazy way to wrap up that arc but i really wasn't expecting him to kill the kid i thought he'd get a beatdown and then lord goddard would decide what to do.
Jul 26, 2023 9:45 PM

Feb 2021
Finally they caught the murderer...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 26, 2023 10:04 PM

Jan 2011
Well I was wrong. I didn't think it would be Rauol but it makes sense and I glad it avoided the mystery trope of talking down to the audience to make you feel stupid. This was a really strong episode and I can't wait for more. I know pacing may not be everyone's cup of tea but it works for this.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 26, 2023 10:54 PM

May 2019
Yeah I also did not suspect it to be the younger son, maybe the older son and/or the butler and maid. I'm sure if I watch this a second time I'll pick up on hints that I missed or glossed over the first time.

Now onto a new adventure/mystery. I'm enjoying this series as it is pretty different compared to the other types of anime that I watch (I have yet to watch Case Closed).
Jul 26, 2023 11:04 PM
May 2017
So it was the son Raoul..I gotta say he was the one I least expected. I thought it was gonna be an instance where it was the young girl and the maid since no one would expect those 2. Especially when the scene panned into her really squeezing into her finger. Idk though, I'm still kinda iffy on it, like what if all of the children were in on it but Raoul was the one who agreed upon taking the fall should they be discovered? I'm looking too deeply into it, but they made this case sus until the very end

4.5/5
Jul 26, 2023 11:05 PM
May 2017
link2601 said:
I’m going to say that the professor’s true identity maybe Moriarty.
This is a good guess considering Sherlock is in this too
Jul 27, 2023 1:56 AM

Sep 2017
link2601 said:
I’m going to say that the professor’s true identity maybe Moriarty.
Check the anime's casting list. They're basically spoiling themselves.
~ May all the beauty be blessed ~
Jul 27, 2023 2:21 AM
Jan 2012
Somewhat far-fetched solution
Jul 27, 2023 2:35 AM

Jul 2017
The truth is out: someone within the Godard family is the murderer of Hannah.

With the 7 problems laid out for Aya, the 6th was the one that broke the case wide open: sound, and with the 7th: the dust in the 3rd problem's holy water bottle that was left at the crme scene, and one that was perceptible to vampires by being burnt in holy water. That, translated to conditions that the murderer must fulfill, by all accounts, all points to the young brother Raoul, tricks of the trade included, which he decides to oust himself after being found out by threatening Aya and Tsugaru, though the latter had an upper hand when dealing with him as an unrefined murderer.

The Oni Slayer dealing with Raoul, he is unfathomable and unrivaled, of someone who came from the Great Purge, and someone who helms his Rakugo damn great. But from Aya, she has an inkling of who took her body, and they're off to London to find more intriguing characters.

NGL, this show is what I wanted Kyokou Suiri to be: a detective show that doesn't grate on your nerves, and is still a great mystery thriller. Keep the cases coming.
Jul 27, 2023 6:22 AM

Jan 2021
So the culprit was Raoul. To be honest, it wasn't too surprising considering that he openly showed his dislike for humans... but, on the other hand, I was still surprised because I didn't expect that he could kill his own mother. I thought he would at least make an exception for his mother, and the butler as well. If he really hated humans that much, why didn't he kill the butler too? Or even just the butler...? After all, Godard said that he and the butler had known for a long time and were good friends, so if he were to die then Godard would most likely panic as well. Why did he choose to kill his mother? Well, he said he was "different" anyway... but that's what I didn't expect, he could kill his mother. Even though he is a vampire, he was still born from a human woman. And that human woman eventually chose to become a vampire. :(

I like the way Aya presented her thoughts and concluded this case, and Tsugaru... wowie. Man is no joke. He finished off Raoul while casually telling stories about himself. That was cool and fun!

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2023

160 by nick_el_son »»
Jun 5, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2023

120 by SaltyCookie »»
May 25, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2023

117 by nikki05 »»
Apr 14, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2023

123 by nikki05 »»
Apr 13, 10:06 AM

» Season two?

Zeekto - Sep 20, 2023

37 by Yuri_Niji »»
Apr 5, 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.