Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 15, 2023 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
Not going to lie, I like the usage of the RPG avatars that blurs the line between fiction and reality in this show. They've been using it as a recurring theme because of the premise including this episode.

Runa makes an appearance and her interactions with Akane was priceless. Probably not the easy type she can make friends with. 
Apr 15, 2023 8:58 AM

Feb 2018
Akane feels jealous to Rurihime, she even thought that Rurihime and Yamada might be dating. That was a cute moment in this episode. I like how confused Akane is, but Yamada still doesn't seem interested in her.

Akane meets the legend hairstyle guy, and they go home together. It's funny because Akane still doesn't know his name.

There were so many romantic scenes in this episode. I like it better than the previous one, which was more of an introduction and didn't have any conflicts yet.

Akane wants to go to a cafe, but on the way she bumps into someone and ends up walking with a guy to the cafe. Akane has a cute face, so I'm sure it's no wonder many gamer guys are interested in her. Akane is also a gamer, so for guys, she is a goddess.

Wait, hold on sec.... Last scene???? Who's Rurihime, Is Rurihime a ojisan? did I miss something????

Apr 15, 2023 9:00 AM
Aug 2022
The ending was hilarious 😂.
Seems like Akane-san is bad at map reading.
Last 5 Minutes the gamers reaction was totally 🤣😂.
Let's see what going happen in next episode
Apr 15, 2023 9:35 AM

Apr 2010
An awkward meeting and it could be that one of the male characters is actually the character she was talking with, next week could be interesting.
I also feel sorry for Akane that the guy hitting on her didn't seem to take the hint while i feel sorry for the guy for trying so hard.
Apr 15, 2023 10:11 AM

Apr 2016
- Hey miss, do you have a boyfriend ?
- No, i don't currently.
- Well, how about me ? I'm kind of a catch you see.
- Sorry, i only date unruly, antisocial gamers™ ...

But anyway, let's focus on things at hand, like what Momoko said for example, to not share your personal info in games, you never know whos on the other side, it can be an old creepy guy, or an unruly, antisocial gamers™. We would really not want that, now would we.

Dude, who wrote this, lol xD
Apr 15, 2023 10:25 AM

Feb 2019
I really like how they handle the game scenes. I don’t even think there’s VC in the game so bringing the text chat to life like that is so cool

Rurihime is really cute. I knew that was her when Akane passed her in the street, but didn’t think she’d be that socially awkward irl after how talkative she is in game. Probably saw how cute akane is and how friendly she acted with Yamada and got a upset about that too.

That post credits scene 😂 Lmaooo Yamada friends basically banned him from their incel network when he said he had a girl over 😂 reminds me of that dude who got ratio’d on twitter a while back for saying he had a girlfriend now

I gotta say that while I love the show so far I can’t help but laugh at how shallow akane’s reasons for liking yamada are. I hope they get developed later on
Marinate1016Apr 15, 2023 10:30 AM
Apr 15, 2023 10:34 AM

Jan 2020
Felt the last second scene
Apr 15, 2023 10:40 AM
Oct 2016
Akane is having a tough time putting herself back out there. The road of recovery with a broken heart isn't an easy one. Akane wants to try but even a group date is too much. At least she has the sanctuary of her online game. Being a member of a great guild is nice too. Rurihime keeps thing very friendly and welcoming for Akane and newer member of the guild. Its nice seeing Akane have a good friend in Rurihime. To help her feel better about sad dates, it was funny seeing Akane get more excited about logging into the game than the group date. Rurihime and Yamada started this guild by themselves, its come so far now but at the cost of them not spending as much time together as possible these days. Akane started thinking pretty hard that maybe Rurihime and Yamada are dating. Especially after see saw that girl run up to Yamada whom looked just like Rurihime would look. A great idea for them to all meet up offline at this new collaboration cafe the game put up. Now Akane can put faces to names once and for all meeting the real Rurihime. Not whom she expected it to be but now they're all together to talk about it. Also nice seeing how Yamada took care of Akane back when she got drunk that previous night.
Apr 15, 2023 10:42 AM
Oct 2016
Syureria said:
Akane feels jealous to Rurihime, she even thought that Rurihime and Yamada might be dating. That was a cute moment in this episode. I like how confused Akane is, but Yamada still doesn't seem interested in her.

Akane meets the legend hairstyle guy, and they go home together. It's funny because Akane still doesn't know his name.

There were so many romantic scenes in this episode. I like it better than the previous one, which was more of an introduction and didn't have any conflicts yet.

Akane wants to go to a cafe, but on the way she bumps into someone and ends up walking with a guy to the cafe. Akane has a cute face, so I'm sure it's no wonder many gamer guys are interested in her. Akane is also a gamer, so for guys, she is a goddess.

Wait, hold on sec.... Last scene???? Who's Rurihime, Is Rurihime a ojisan? did I miss something????

That tall guy with the glasses whom Akane was talking to called her "Akanenecchi", who's the person in the game that calls her that? And just text her calling her that? 
Apr 15, 2023 10:47 AM

May 2013
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Rurihime????? Is the person she accidentally ends up walking to the cafe with Rurihime? And then the bunny girl is??? Dram-mamama? 

Another cute episode. I do think MAYBE they're going a  LITTLE overboard with all the flowers spinning around everyone. It's cute, and at times useful for comedic effect, but it's literally nonstop emotes on screen xD. Between that and all the test chat, I feel like we spend as much if not more time looking at emojis and text than we do the actual characters.
Apr 15, 2023 10:49 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Group dates huh. Bit it's amusing seeing how people react to girls that play MMO's though. Considering how her former relationship ended im not surprised that Akane's not yet ready to start anew. Hmm so Runa and Yamada were one of the first members of the guild. Offline meetings though are great ways to bond over something that they all share a passion for. Curious at what would happen at the offline meet as well as what Ruri is like IRL.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2023 10:58 AM
Jun 2021
finally get to listen to CV Hanae Natsuki 🥹
Apr 15, 2023 11:07 AM

Nov 2021
That episode went by in an instant, I can't wait for next week. It seems like those two are siblings
Apr 15, 2023 11:08 AM

May 2020
Guys that's why you shouldn't believe people on internet. For all the assumptions and everything Akane had about Rurihime, turned out he was a GUY, and A GEEK AT THAT. So much for rUrIHiMe-ChWan lol.

Not sure who that loli is.
Softhenic03Apr 15, 2023 11:17 AM
Apr 15, 2023 11:10 AM

Jul 2017
There Akane is...being held back the group date that her good friend Momo helped set her up with. And like Yamada, all she ever wanted to do is to game more and more.

Akane's online friend-cum-guildmaster Ruri, in real-life, she looks a gothic lolita. But romance is not on the dock, so online into FOS she goes to find both Yamada and Rurihime talking with each other, thinking that they're dating. Of course, Akane would feel depressed over thinking about the two of them being a potential item, even going to the point of stalking him online, but nope. Akane's private date aside, seeing both the real-life Yamada and Rurihime together, increases the rattleness and uneasiness in her heart.

It turns out that FOS is having a collaboration café, and Rurihime already bumped onto Yamada IRL, it's with that intent of the offline meeting, with Akane following behind...and hopelessly lost. With a handsome guy that bumped onto her, she tags with the obsessive gamer discussing about FOS inside-out, while knowing the way to get to the café. As expected, the lolita girl is found there, though looking a bit frightened and misunderstanding the IRL Rurihime.

The post-credits, of turning back time a bit onto Episode 1's ending, Yamada is actually part of a pro FPS gaming team, which they are pissed that he has already taken the step into adulthood before them. At the time, Akane suffering from her broken heart of a break-up, is this a foreshadowing of things to come of the romance between the two? Cute scene though.
Apr 15, 2023 11:12 AM

Oct 2017
Rule #1 of playing online games, an avatar doesn't represent the player behind it lmao. Most players who pick female avatars are guys irl. Anyway the offline meeting's gonna be fun. Also we got Yamada pov post credit this episode.
Apr 15, 2023 11:17 AM
Feb 2021
its the ending for me <3
Apr 15, 2023 11:19 AM

May 2015
I knew it was misleading to let us think that Rurihime was gothic lolita, too easy and coincidental, I must say! So it turns out Ruri is a guy after all, a funny nerdy gamer at that, and it makes sense if they both started a guild with Yamada as friends. Wonder who that loli is though, she seems very clingy and unfriendly.

The funniest thing in this episode was when Akane tagged along with that guy still thinking he might be misleading her, but then starts The Rant and oh, he's just a gamer, what a relief xD

Post credit scene gave us a bit more insight on Yamada, he would clearly prefer not to deal with a drunk strange woman but was still very nice about it.

Apr 15, 2023 11:30 AM

Dec 2022
whats with the awkwardness at the end anyways the whole guild got together
Apr 15, 2023 12:12 PM
Jul 2022
Great episode!
Soundtrack is perfect as ever.
The misunderstandings are funny and believable, though I do think Akane is a bit on the clueless side of things lol.
The bit after the ed song was also a great addition, love the little glimpses from Yamada’s view, also, hilarious!
Apr 15, 2023 12:15 PM
Jul 2019
Guys isnt Rurihime the blonde guy? ... i mean he told her he has his own guild and then when they got to the cafe place the persons who were staying with Yamada  they greeted him !))))
Apr 15, 2023 12:20 PM
Mar 2023
Tremendous chapter .... every day more in love with this story. I loved the post credits scene 🥰
Apr 15, 2023 12:31 PM
May 2021
i love how they bring the in game parts of the story to life by animating their game characters and adding speech. it helps get you more into the show imo.

just who is rurihime? im assuming rurihime is eita? so then who's the girl that dresses like rurihime? she seems very clingy and protective of yamada, so hopefully she doesn't become too much of an interference later in the story when they start to develop the romance a little more.

eita is a sweetheart though, and if it wasn't already set in stone that akane and yamada will end up together, i think eita and akane would be a cute pair as well. but obviously rooting for yamada and akane still.
My 2023 candies:
Apr 15, 2023 12:33 PM

Jun 2020
what an amazing episode, I really liked how they showed what happened during the first episode that they skipped!

Apr 15, 2023 12:34 PM
Sep 2021
loved the episode!! It's so cute, yamada is so wholesome! I really liked that they showed a little what happened in episode one too!
Apr 15, 2023 12:35 PM
Sep 2021
YAMADA!!!!!! omg he's such a cutie
Apr 15, 2023 12:35 PM
Feb 2019
syed122 said:
what an amazing episode, I really liked how they showed what happened during the first episode that they skipped!
Agreed! (Also I noticed your forum picture - I'm watching Reborn with my friend RN, diggin' it! XD)
Apr 15, 2023 12:36 PM

Jun 2020
Diz0rderx said:
YAMADA!!!!!! omg he's such a cutie
OMG RIGHT HE IS I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!! HES A CUTIE PATOOTIE

Apr 15, 2023 12:36 PM
Sep 2021
agreed!! so looking forward to how the story continues
Apr 15, 2023 12:37 PM
Jun 2022
peak gamer team reaction
Apr 15, 2023 12:37 PM

Jun 2020
SilverCheesecake said:
syed122 said:
Agreed! (Also I noticed your forum picture - I'm watching Reborn with my friend RN, diggin' it! XD)
Hehe, hope you enjoy it

Apr 15, 2023 12:42 PM

May 2018
Some conflicts in this episode, and damn that was an awkward meeting... I'm not sure if I want to see some some love triangle in this anime tho, while I like the theme I was expecting for some more lighthearted romance ngl. Nice post-credit scene. 

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 15, 2023 12:48 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I"M GONNA PUKE

-one of the best episode endings ever

So if this new blond guy with the glasses is rurihime... who tf is the loli-looking character??!

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 15, 2023 12:52 PM
Feb 2022
this show is good not gona lie
Apr 15, 2023 12:58 PM

Oct 2020
This was a cute episode.
Apr 15, 2023 1:44 PM
Apr 2019
I'm so happy with this adaptation, is pure fluff!!! Also, was that post-credits scene anime exclusive? I don't reallly remember seeing it in the manga, but it could be my bad memory
Apr 15, 2023 1:55 PM
Sep 2019
The cute blonde gamer guy is probably Rurihime, they have the same vibe. I don’t think it’s the short girl. She’s probably someone’s little sister.
Apr 15, 2023 2:15 PM

May 2022
Loved the rewind scene at the end!

I look forward to the opening theme by Yuuho and KANA-BOON every week. One of the best tunes for an anime this season.

What I have figured out so far: Yamada-kun is a high school student, a pro gamer, and seriously lacking in social skills. Akane is a beautiful dork who rushes headlong into scenes and repeatedly makes an ass of herself. I love a beautiful dork. And I can't wait to learn more about these new side characters.

This is going to be the rom-com of the season.
Apr 15, 2023 2:16 PM

Dec 2020
I love this style of this series and the character design, akane has meet princess ruri in rl but she first ran to yamada now the vibes are not so good.
Lol the scene after the ed was wholesome and funny.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Apr 15, 2023 2:19 PM

Aug 2016
Another good episode but that post-credit scene really should have been shown earlier, the placement of it feels a bit disjointed. Didn't take away from my enjoyment of the episode though.

Apr 15, 2023 2:49 PM

Nov 2016
Most normal offline meeting. Yamada's other group isn't one you want to be seen in public with.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 15, 2023 3:02 PM

May 2015
Yamada's greatest jumpscare at the end there lmao.

Also the Ruri situation is so confusing. I was making theories in my head like "Its either Yamada's sister or Yamada's brother cross-dressing" and then they threw that curveball there. My new assumption is that the girl and guy are siblings who share the same account maybe? Honestly no clue. 

But Yamada and Akane are so cute together. Yamada is unsociable but nice at his core and Akane is just funny and enjoyable to watch. At the current rate this is going in my top 3 favourite wholesome romances up there with Recovery of an MMO Junkie and Snow White with the Red Hair. 
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 15, 2023 3:28 PM

Jun 2016
Runa (Gothic Loli Girl) is so cute and Ai Kakuma's kuudere voice is just perfect for her.
Apr 15, 2023 3:57 PM

Jan 2022
They fucking got us with the goth lolita not being princess ruri, but it was actually the handsome blond guy. Akane friend stating that she's probably not a girl was correct, but he's an ikemen, so that's fine, right ? Outside of that, it was a pretty nice episode, we see a strange girl that we don't know about and the post ed scene was somewhat interest, but kinda out of place, idk why they made it like that. Excited for next week !
I like everything, ok
Apr 15, 2023 4:05 PM

Nov 2012
Akane's not too bright.
Apr 15, 2023 4:31 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It’s funny, before I started watching the episode today I was wondering if Rurihime might not actually be a girl, and then that became a plot point of today’s episode lol, and I was right to be sus, it didn’t end up being a creepy old guy like Momo suggested but it was still a dude, and he seems pretty chill too so I’m happy with the reveal. It’s also just a real thing irl, I can confirm because I’m a guy and I love playing girls in games lol, it’s mainly because I want to look at a cute girl the whole game instead of a guy.

And man, I’m ngl that dude from the group date was annoying lol, hopefully he doesn’t become a problem later down the line. Like I get it, he tried to shoot his shot but he’s utterly failing and needs to slow down lol. I also loved the bit where Akane realized she was more excited to play the game than she was for that group date, she had the drink and chips at the ready too, she’s a true gamer now lol. And lastly I loved that extra bit of when Akane passed out at Yamada’s place, loved the reactions from Yamada’s teammates lol.
Apr 15, 2023 5:08 PM
Apr 2023
It is definitely better than those first two episodes. We have new characters and there is another girl coming up! We have some background on the first episode. Overall solid 4/5
Apr 15, 2023 5:21 PM

Jun 2019
The episodes end too soon!
Apr 15, 2023 5:25 PM
Sep 2017
I can't believe I have to wait till next week to find out who Rurihime is. I have a feeling Eita is Rurihime, that or she's Runa and super different offline. Idk if I like Eita tho, especially that comment about FOS being more casual so women play it... Maybe they'll grow on me. I like this episode, especially the post-credit scene.
Apr 15, 2023 5:31 PM
May 2017
Plot twist Rurihime being a dude. Not an actual plot twist if you played mmo's before though lol 😭😂that after credits scene was nice too

4/5
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

259 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Jun 1, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - Apr 1, 2023

280 by ISwearSheIs1000 »»
May 18, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2023

111 by Aleice »»
May 4, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2023

95 by lunatenchi_ »»
Apr 5, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2023

79 by Sumi-tyan »»
Apr 4, 7:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.