Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Blue Lock
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 24, 2022 9:14 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, the Blue Lock projected advanced to its next stage so that means new rivals and friends. Kiyoshi also seems to noticed how difficult this next stage will be.

And honestly, this is no surprise. This seems like a big buildup for the next part of the season. Kiyoshi has that burning green passion in his eyes!
Dec 24, 2022 10:12 AM
Sep 2015
Ohhh the Blue Lock Man is quite muscular, too bad he's just a hologram, otherwise he'd be my favorite guy.

When Yoishi said "I want this guy" me screammm, the ship is real!

Now, for the serious part. At first I question why they go straight from the first stage to the third base stage instead of the second stage, but when I know the rules it make sense. If they lose in the third stage they'll fall to the second stage. In conclusion there's only two parts of this second selection. The first part is the solo 100 goals against hologram. The second part is this game, if your team has two consecutive wins then you pass, if your team has two consecutive losses then you fail. This could be a very long game for a team that switch back-and-forth between win and lose, now let's see how it'll roll out.

PS: The end credit scene is as cute as ever.
Dec 24, 2022 10:15 AM

Jul 2012
It sure got intense at the end there, especially with the music. New stage, teams and rankings. Cool to see Isagi evolving. So Nagi left Reo behind and formed a trio with Isagi and Bachira. Scary. But somehow the team with the top 3 make Bachira and Nagi seem normal. Also, I just loved how Isagi wasted no time and challenged them. What an egoist!
Dec 24, 2022 10:17 AM

Jun 2019
Things are getting even more interesting now. The second selection stage has started and Isagi is looking good, they have even made a team and it looks like Isagi is going to risk it all to win over those genius strikers. Can't wait to see them.
Dec 24, 2022 10:21 AM

Apr 2018
The betrayal of Nagi is the highlight. Leaving Reo behind for Bachira and Ichigo is the smart move. This is one of my favorite arcs and I'm sure it'll be a banger in the anime. the first selection against the hologram was alright, but the second selection is where the real stuff begins.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Dec 24, 2022 10:28 AM
Dec 2022
Basically Stages are getting harder and the character is getting stronger every episode ends with some peak and on the other side it is not a moral to leave the teammates he Last played.

but I really loved the character development!

looking forward to seeing what happens?
Dec 24, 2022 10:45 AM
Jan 2022
honestly I'm kinda disappointed with Aoshi Tokimitsu's voice actor , I'm not saying he's bad but the vibes don't match (from manga) also his looks changed....
Dec 24, 2022 10:47 AM
Jun 2017
poggers soccer pog
Dec 24, 2022 10:47 AM
Nov 2022
Best episode yet so far! I’m so excited for the next episode!.
Dec 24, 2022 11:03 AM
May 2021
so good, it's getting even better
Dec 24, 2022 11:13 AM

Jul 2022
again a very epic episode, that betrayal though.. i like ,,,and nagi seems very cool now that he's become serious
Dec 24, 2022 11:20 AM

Apr 2015
I couldn't care less about the first stage of this second selection, but blue lock man is lowkey hot lol. Not surprising but the art/animation took another huge dive this episode, so many awkward-looking static shots. Otherwise a decent setup to the real meat of the second selection arc. I really love the format of this second selection round - with far less people on a team, it gives everyone a chance to shine. Also makes me look forward to seeing who gets picked when a team loses.

And nooo REOOOOOOO. Fuck you Nagi. Jk it's understandable why he did that, but still. T^T My boy gave you a personal massage and bike ride and everything and this is what you give him in return lol. Isagi-Bachira-Nagi sounds like a dangerous combo, although the other trio they're going up against seem even more so. Why're you so edgy Rin. And Kunigami and Chigiri duo, let's goooooo! Looking forward to the next episode (which won't air until Jan 7 apparently), hope the animation spikes back up during the matches. The production hasn't let me down so far, so I hope a decent amount of budget is left to adapt the second selection matches well enough.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Dec 24, 2022 11:32 AM

Jul 2017
Blue Lock's 2nd Selection has begun, and its different stages test skills in resilience, filled with the usual egotism. And for Isagi and the others, Stage 1 is penalty simulation training to initially clear 100 goals in 90 mins, with the increase in levels dictating the obvious increase in difficulty with the Blue Lock Man: a hologram sports technology, deriving on already proven tactics used in World Cup matches. Now's the time to focus, assess and score within flashes, and learn more about yourself in knowing your limitations and evolving from there.

The 2nd Stage requiring just teams of 3, and Isagi reunites with Bachira, though that one spot left to be filled up with, it's up for debate. That's where Nagi comes in to fill that spot, and after learning of their loss to Isagi's team, he abandons Reo and decides to go for gold with the two of them. But the 3rd Stage being a 3-on-3 team battle in a mini-game format where the winning team is the side that scores 5 goals 1st, it's the Rivalry Battle of stealing friends or rivals to determine who passes and fails the 2nd Selection. Setting the bar yet again in rankings but thinking strategically while still having that ego.

Especially to Rin Itoshi, surpassing his older brother of a genius midfielder is only what matters to him. and Isagi has but only one notion: play and earn him on his team.

The 2nd Selection is just getting started and heating up.
Dec 24, 2022 11:37 AM

Jan 2009
Isagi learn how to control the power of his direct shots

then Isagi, Bachira and Nagi formed a team to battle the top 3 players of the second stage lets see it
Dec 24, 2022 11:44 AM
May 2021
i love when they got isagi and bachira as a team again and added nagi with them
Dec 24, 2022 11:54 AM
Sep 2021
THE HYPE IN THIS EPISODE WAS THE GOAT
Dec 24, 2022 12:10 PM

Jul 2010
Haven't read the manga so my prediction: Isagi loses and then alongside Nagi or (more probably) Bachira tries to get revenge. No way he wins against top-3 players.
Dec 24, 2022 12:14 PM

Jan 2021
What an interesting way to train the players for shooting from an penalty area, glad Isagi cleared it. 

Isagi teaming up with Bachira and the 3rd one got me by surprise, Nagi actually joined their team. 

This is gonna be an epic battle between Isagi & Itoshi.
Dec 24, 2022 12:31 PM

Jan 2010
to be the best you need to win against the best, they had to do it and is better to do it early and face the top 3, but I can't see them winning and itoshi team will steal nagi and in the 2 vs 2 battle it will be bachira and isagi vs kunigami and chigiri. I can see that happening.

or the easy way out, they win and steal itoshi.
Dec 24, 2022 12:33 PM
Dec 2022
I really liked the part where Nagi joined Isagi's team. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Dec 24, 2022 12:40 PM

Aug 2020
3/5

Decent finish to the first cour. Was not at all impressed by the animation consistently during this cour but the content somehow made it worth it

We're now dividing into the teams of 3's for second selection with some very interesting conditions and stipulations. Never would I've thought Nagi would be joining us but it's a pleasant surprise. His betrayal was brutal but it's "every man for himself". Isagi caught on it fast too and decided to roll with it which is great. I would like to see how he gels with other players. Chigiri and Kunigami join forces as well. No sign of other players from Team Z, hopefully not axed already. There's already another interesting possible antagonist and Isagi wants to win him for his own team. Let's see how that all goes

Overall, a decent first half. I'm expecting far better moments in this cour and hopefully it delivers
2Birds1StonedJan 9, 2023 11:44 AM
Dec 24, 2022 12:41 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Second selection is on and with it a very hard but apparently quite as effective first selection focus on various aspects of shooting. Then we come to the real meat of the bone, the rivalry duels where an unexpected teams joins Isagi and Nagi... for now. Honestly I think that if they actually play against those monster they'll lose and either Nagi or Bachira will join the other team.

Things are looking spicy towards the latter half.

PS: ARGENTINA CAMPEÓN DEL MUNDO, VAMOS CARAJO
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Dec 24, 2022 12:58 PM

Sep 2013
Ego wasting all that money when this keeper exists.

Dec 24, 2022 1:07 PM
Jun 2007
TheMangaManiac said:
Haven't read the manga so my prediction: Isagi loses and then alongside Nagi or (more probably) Bachira tries to get revenge. No way he wins against top-3 players.

Yeah, there’s absolutely no way they’re going to win their first match against the top 3 ranked players - that would be counterproductive to character progression, unless they set up these rules for nothing and then we get a “psyche, there actually ARE stronger players”. Well, I guess the rankings could be fake and the real strong players are after that - but there were no hints for that, and Rin is definitely built up as a threat, so that’s unlikely.

So most likely that they’re going to lose. It would make more sense for them to then pick Nagi, but it would probably be more interesting from a story perspective if they choose Bachira and Isagi is paired with Nagi for the next matches… So I look forward to see how the story progresses with this. I’m definitely hyped for the second cour!
Dec 24, 2022 1:09 PM
Apr 2021
Im so worried about the Goalkeeper 😭😭 He wasnt playing once. Theres no way hed pass this 90min stage thing. If that annoying Buddha guy fails then ok but not himmmm
Dec 24, 2022 1:27 PM

Jan 2020
holy molly macaroni what will happen??!! :O :O
Dec 24, 2022 1:28 PM

Apr 2021
Whole episode goosbumps of excitement
Dec 24, 2022 1:33 PM
May 2021
Just gives me goosebumps
Dec 24, 2022 1:37 PM

Jul 2010
Shadow_Master_T said:
TheMangaManiac said:

Yeah, there’s absolutely no way they’re going to win their first match against the top 3 ranked players - that would be counterproductive to character progression, unless they set up these rules for nothing and then we get a “psyche, there actually ARE stronger players”. Well, I guess the rankings could be fake and the real strong players are after that - but there were no hints for that, and Rin is definitely built up as a threat, so that’s unlikely.

So most likely that they’re going to lose. It would make more sense for them to then pick Nagi, but it would probably be more interesting from a story perspective if they choose Bachira and Isagi is paired with Nagi for the next matches… So I look forward to see how the story progresses with this. I’m definitely hyped for the second cour!
Yeah same bro. I also think they will choose Nagi... for whatever reason, he is a better player than Isagi, that's for sure.
Of course Ego could be lying... wouldn't be the first time hahaha. But I am "locked on" that the ratings are legit and Isagi's team is going to lose.
Dec 24, 2022 1:39 PM
Apr 2022
this anime is a masterpiece regarding its characters plot and how they/its developing. 10/10
Dec 24, 2022 1:40 PM
Dec 2022
the betrayal was painful
reo got courage though I won't be able to say anything I hate group work just do with a friend is what I do even if I lose
Dec 24, 2022 1:47 PM
Oct 2022
phantomfandom said:
Ohhh the Blue Lock Man is quite muscular, too bad he's just a hologram, otherwise he'd be my favorite guy.

When Yoishi said "I want this guy" me screammm, the ship is real!

Now, for the serious part. At first I question why they go straight from the first stage to the third base stage instead of the second stage, but when I know the rules it make sense. If they lose in the third stage they'll fall to the second stage. In conclusion there's only two parts of this second selection. The first part is the solo 100 goals against hologram. The second part is this game, if your team has two consecutive wins then you pass, if your team has two consecutive losses then you fail. This could be a very long game for a team that switch back-and-forth between win and lose, now let's see how it'll roll out.

PS: The end credit scene is as cute as ever.

Just because you lost twice doesnt mean you fail if the other team picks you
Dec 24, 2022 1:56 PM

Apr 2022
second best arc in the manga underway and ngl i thought the scene where nagi joins isagi and bachira was more dramatic in the manga but it's fine. the anime never disappoints in the aura and lighting tho, as seen in the tunnels leading to the next stage scenes.
Dec 24, 2022 2:01 PM

Sep 2020
Damn, Nagi really said....

Get ready for a PEAK match next episode

"𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊."- 𝑅𝑒𝒾 𝒦𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓎𝒶𝓂𝒶

Dec 24, 2022 2:47 PM

Dec 2018
curious episode; i thought it was pretty good and i'm wondering which players they will steal. having nagi on the team will be interesting since they don't have the connections like they did with the other team so it'll be crucial to figure out how to combine their strengths.
Dec 24, 2022 2:57 PM
Jun 2016
i love the idea of 3x3 etc
Dec 24, 2022 3:18 PM

May 2018
Too bad the superior German engineering didn't allow Germany to advance through the World Cup qualifiers...
Dec 24, 2022 3:32 PM
May 2021
Peak ep!! Can’t wait for the next cour!!
Dec 24, 2022 3:40 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I like how they don't waste much time with that filler stage and straight to the main dish already

Lol at Nagi casually said that to Reo right in the face. Still he's waiting him tho. While ofc Yoichi challenge himself by facing that Rin guy. So let's see if its worth all the trouble!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 24, 2022 3:52 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
PLAY US

This is gonna be fire

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 24, 2022 4:01 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Wow. Nagi's competitive spirit is really something as he choose to team up with Bachiria and Isagi. I feel bad for Reo since he was the one who introduced Nagi to soccer, but anything goes in Blue Lock. Now the third stage in the second selection consists of 3x3 match ups that result in stealing a player from the loosing team. Rin Itoshi who is also in the third stage has already established himself as the top dog as he wants to surpass his older brother who is a genius midfielder. It only makes sense that Team Isagi would challenge Rin's team as Isagi's team would benefit from having Rin on his team.

Now we wait until January 7th, 2023 to see how it all plays out.
Dec 24, 2022 4:22 PM
May 2017
Pretty good episode to bring in the new arc. I wonder if anyone else from Team Z made it past blue lock man. If I had to guess, the only one who stands a chance is Gagamaru. Those other guys never got close to scoring in the 1st selection so I don't see how their current skill set can get them to 100 goals. As for the 3v3 team I expect our boys to get slaughtered, with the other team taking Nagi. Bachira and Isagi will prevail in a 2v2 against who knows. Idk this is just my guess, our boys may get the W and I'm just worrying for nothing lol

4/5 ep
Dec 24, 2022 5:19 PM
Jul 2018
good ep....barou my fav....
Dec 24, 2022 5:21 PM
Jul 2021
nice training episode with a nice setup for the rest of the show
Dec 24, 2022 5:25 PM
Oct 2020
Poor Reo lol. I guess he'll just have to stick with glasses or someone
Dec 24, 2022 6:32 PM
Feb 2022
Well, I didn't expect that Nagi would leave Reo alone and well, I expected that Isagi would challenge Itoshi Rin. very good episode, very up to this anime
Dec 24, 2022 6:59 PM

Nov 2012
argh! The endings kill me. I wonder if Reo will join Chigiri and um..forget his name.
Impatiently waiting for the next episode.
Dec 24, 2022 7:13 PM

Feb 2021
Nothing too much happened this episode but its still way more interesting compared to the first few episodes. At least there is some actual fun development. Also lol Ego spending his entire budget on this without a care.
Dec 24, 2022 8:28 PM
Feb 2021
the hype is unreal...this show has no business being this good!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Nov 5, 2022

213 by Yoshibocchi »»
Yesterday, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2023

345 by Saidhiraj18 »»
Jun 5, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2023

133 by ooospooky »»
Jun 3, 7:17 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2023

165 by ooospooky »»
May 31, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2022

223 by rahneyskies »»
May 20, 2:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.