Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 11, 2022 2:30 AM

Nov 2011
A day with a death like that just brings despair to everyone. Good night sweet prince.

Of course Fushi couldn't stay in that town anymore. However, in the admist of all this despair, it's good to know is still Pocoa around. I'm excited to see how Fushi's adventure can continue with these recent developments.
Dec 11, 2022 3:20 AM

Feb 2020
It's cool that Bon didn't die, after all. He looks totally different in his new look. I think it suits him.

Anyway, it's time to prepare for a big battle. Let the new arc begin.

SerafosDec 11, 2022 8:43 AM
Dec 11, 2022 4:36 AM

Nov 2010
Looking back the story from the perspective of the consequence, there isn't so much difference between the disguised death at the valley and the disguised death at the scaffold. It just made the story dramatic.
Or you can make another explanation for that; man acts based on emotion rather than logic sometimes.
Dec 11, 2022 5:58 AM

Jul 2017
Bon's execution is declared dead, but in actual truth, he was saved by Fushi and reborn into a new character, embraced by his closest siblings. What really happened is that he recreated Yanome's drug sleeping potion with Ligard spreading it over the city center, saving the prince out from his executional slumber of the pursit of becoming king, and gaining a friend in return.

Iris's (which before was Todo) handiwork certainly impressed him, but what's more cognizant is their relationship from their young times, which Bon just couldn't get rid of being a habit of. And in Uralis, more than the celebration of the death of heretics, the old Bon and Todo will be missed, and Chabo will be inherited into the new family.

Kahaku's in-built left-handed Knocker has revealed a shocking truth about the Knockers: they want to save their fellow kin who's been locked away by the Beholder, and also the humans which they have sucked their souls from. Their enemies: not just the Beholder, but also Fushi, with the Church of Bennett being their next target. This, to both the Beholder and Fushi, only signals one definite thing: to fight against the Knockers, whether if both of them are dead or alive.

Only one thing stands in the way: the full retaliation against the Knockers, is Fushi's objective.
Dec 11, 2022 6:04 AM

Nov 2011
RIP prince Bon but Hello Prince Spring Roll lol.

Episode was okay. That preview was pretty spoiler heavy if true though. Fushi going to lose some of his Vessels next week??? Damn I hope not.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 11, 2022 6:20 AM

Jul 2011
Ew! Bird piss sleeping drug.

Chabo became official apple tart knight, carrying those tart up and down.

Now Iris(Todo) and Bon got together, I think.

That's nice Fushi and the hereditary Nokker had an civilized talk.

Why is even bad the Nokkers attacking that Bennet Church HQ? With them destroyed, the Guardians can keep going.
Dec 11, 2022 6:20 AM

May 2015
Rip Bon...oh hello Bon!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 11, 2022 7:13 AM

Jul 2015
Bon survived.. Guess that's good too..

As far as arcs go, this was undoubtedly the weakest one.. and the Bon constant preservance on not telling Fushi about his god tier Ability is BS.. He has every fking right ya know.. its his ability.. Let him judge how he will use it..

All in all, I am finally happy that this arc has ended albeit quite unneeded, the beginning was interesting with time skips but the cringe bon and her sister made it hard to watch it... Bon is a far better character at the end but Doubt it's enough to redeem the whole arc..

Manga readers were NOT kidding when they said that the good arcs already got adapted in the first season..
Dec 11, 2022 7:28 AM
Sep 2015
What a twist! I'm happy but I'm quite worried that Bon still not reveal fushi's secret to fushi himself about the ability to revive people...
Fushi must set a record for having the most voice actor/actresss for one character.
Dec 11, 2022 8:01 AM

Feb 2021
This episode pretty much sets up the direction this series is going to take in the future.

The next episode is the battle against the nokkers and the beginning of the next arc.
Dec 11, 2022 8:21 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lmao damn idk if i should be happy seeing Bon actually healthy, alive and but also change his appearance like that. But well, that's for the better i guess. Pretty interesting overall plan from Fushi to save Bon and unite him with the girl from his childhood time which ofc its Todo, his living chair after all! Such a good unexpected ending, with the firework on the background, but also continue to the new objective return to their hunt over Nokkers sole purpose of the live to 'save everyone'.

Idk too if Bon decision to not telling Fushi the secret of the revival ability is good to the future ahead. But well, let's enjoy what is left this season or shall i say it again, this year!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 11, 2022 8:23 AM

Dec 2018
wow they packed so much into one episode. i was really emotional for the first half it was beautiful and the second half really sets it up for what's to come. i mean this was really an impressive episode.
Dec 11, 2022 9:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I'm really surprised they didn't make Bonshen die I mean it was usual for characters to die in this show but Fushi's plan really worked to make him alive even though people think that he died... now that enemy's plan to kill everyone to free them is what many sects thought before lol
Dec 11, 2022 9:16 AM

Aug 2014
Okay, I was trolled. Guessing the spoilers in the OP are still on :D
Glad to see him alive at least for now and loved the relationship between him and Iris.
The black guy might as well be a villian
What bothered me was the fact Bon got the answer and still didn't tell him. Why?!
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Dec 11, 2022 9:28 AM

May 2018
Fushi is getting more clever with his tricks! Good thing Bon has now 'reformed' and matured now lol I hope he marries Iris
Dec 11, 2022 9:36 AM
Jul 2016
I posted this meme last week on the episode 7 forum, now here's the conclusion lmao.

Dec 11, 2022 9:54 AM

Jul 2014
Bon is alive! Let's fucking go!!!

It's so weird to see Bon look and act so different now. Also, what a good excuse for Iris to never put on weight again xD. Even Chabo got a new family! It feels so good that for once someone didn't die. That said, I don't like how Bon is going back into battle as soon as he's been saved. I hope it all ends well.

So now the Nokkers can communicate. Well, they certainly aren't helping their cause by giving that reason to kill people.
Dec 11, 2022 10:16 AM

Feb 2019
I knew there was no way Bon was dying. This was a massive growth opportunity for Fushi too as he’s hated himself for not saving March, Parona etc etc for all these centuries so to be able to save Bon was huge.

Finally we get some plot advancement for the first time in what seems like forever. Was legitimately beginning to question what the purpose of this story was. Now we have somewhat of an understanding of who and what the nokkers are, what they want and why they hate fushi. It seems like fushi actually can save and extend lives but just doesn’t know how to yet. That’s gonna hit really hard when he finally learns
Dec 11, 2022 10:16 AM

Mar 2020
Good bye, Prince Bon, and hello Prince Spring Roll! With the execution of Bon complete, the Church is satisfied, the people are not, but little do they know, he lives on, in another name.

Perhaps the more important thing to take away from this arc is that the Nokkers want to save other Nokkers taken away by the Beholder, and save human victims in the process. It's quite a weird motive to add upon an already contrived story.

The arc is officially done, and a battle is coming.
Dec 11, 2022 10:21 AM

May 2020
Okay I guess I read the events of last episode a bit more than required lol. Bon ain't dead, and it's super surprising in the context of this series when we had deaths left and right since the beginning. That new persona kinda refreshing though.

And again we back with the battles against nokkers, though them not showing themselves since the time Fushi was incapacitated kinda doubtful.
Dec 11, 2022 10:28 AM

Nov 2020
So Bon is still alive!!! Great! He looks totally different now lmao.

We got to know a little bit about nokkers and why do they attack and kill people. I wonder what is the actual story behind nokkers and Beholder!

Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Dec 11, 2022 10:59 AM

Feb 2017
something felt off about bon's death last episode. so he's dead but still alive at the same time. fushi looked so happy that he was able to save bon's life, that was heartwarming

placeholder text
Dec 11, 2022 11:14 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Welp, Prince Bon as a character is dead, but at least we have Spring Roll. I appreciate we got a little bit into the Nokkers's side, even if they are what they are.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Dec 11, 2022 11:35 AM
May 2021
theres no drama in this ep i thought necola test was dead it was good he was still alive
Dec 11, 2022 11:59 AM
Jan 2022
amagirinomikoto said:
something felt off about bon's death last episode. so he's dead but still alive at the same time. fushi looked so happy that he was able to save bon's life, that was heartwarming

That "something" that felt off last episode was the way the story made it look like Fushi just hightailed it out there with Chabo and Todo after completely trusting Bon's words that the Church of Bennett will release him; Fushi just leaving him to his sure death. I just couldn't believe Fushi never came back for him and that he really did die as shown in the preview.

He's my favorite secondary character of this season, and probably of the entirety of this series so far rivaled only by Gugu, so it would've crushed me if he actually died.
Dec 11, 2022 12:13 PM

Sep 2014
best ep this season, though Im a bit confused by some decisions. Such as Bon living in the castle under a new name or the guardians disbanding. Seems pretty random to happen now, its not like the guardians and Bon are even aligned.

The nokker started to communicate but their reason is pretty lame.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 11, 2022 1:38 PM
Aug 2015
Finally we find out more about the nockers.
Dec 11, 2022 1:50 PM

Sep 2017
I did see a bird which I assumed was Fushi flying over at the end of the last ep but I still wasn't sure if it he'd actually save Bon. Pretty clever how they pulled it off. Bon definitely has had a lot of growth so it's cool for him to be sticking around.
Dec 11, 2022 1:58 PM
Jul 2020
I honestly really didn’t like what they missed, what the Bon troops were doing all this time, how Pokoa returned home, Kahaku’s emotions when he saw Fushi free ...
But how the inquisitor woke up at the beginning unconscious, and there are a bunch of corpses of unconscious bodies, very much)) ... and no one suspected anything ...
Well, I've already seen the spoilers that Bon will survive even before episode 7, but I'm glad again.
I liked the way he laughed hysterically as he realized who Todo was.
But he could have apologized for sitting on the girl's back ...
I thought Iris just looked like that girl, but it turns out she is, no ghosts, oops
Okay, I hope Bon lives even longer and has time to marry her, they are cute together. It's good that he immediately realized that she was Todo. Although it seems that he understood when he saw her shadow while still in the cage. And Tyabo's mother is next to them...
I don’t understand, honestly, why he pulls and doesn’t tell Fushi that he can revive people.
All the same, I'm probably right that part of the personality in whose guise Fushi now passes to him. This Baron Rouletik was obviously from Rin.
Black, when he didn’t move his lips, was scarier, all the same, I liked the first studio more and their Fushi is sometimes strangely drawn.
And again the pace jumps
The writing stuker, after 200 years, they were absolutely stupid, did not enter me, but maybe it evolved from communication with people.
I don't even know until the goal of the stuckers is impressive
I know some spoilers, but Kahak is very sorry right now. I hope Fushi was waiting for him at the horse back then.
the suffering of a guy that he can not give birth, I was deeply impressed, give him a chance
Dec 11, 2022 3:41 PM
Feb 2019
finally a somewhat happy ending for some of Fushi's friends. episode goes hard. cant wait for next episode
Dec 11, 2022 4:45 PM

Dec 2016
Eh? So starving for a few days will give you a taller body, bigger eyes and a perfect figure without any drawbacks from malnutrition? I would belive this kind of BS if this was a full blown comedy, not a pseduo-adventure series.

Feels weird that all the way until this point, the nokker in Kahaku's arm finally decides to spill the beans.

Anywho, I'm just here to see how far can this ship sink and if it will be so bad that it might even make The promised neverland S2 like a worthwhile series.
Dec 11, 2022 4:50 PM

Aug 2012
Last episode made me feel like this was finally starting to get good, with Fushi's new powers and Bon's death
I feel like this episode undid all of that and went back to the bad fast pacing
I really did not enjoy it, I would've preferred if Bon died and Fushi could've learned the truth rather than pretend he's dead.
Now his dream is no longer achievable, and he feels like a hollow character yet again.
And its annoying the fuck out of me that the truth keeps being hidden every week, I should not be watching this weekly haha
Dec 11, 2022 7:21 PM
Jul 2018
I'm curious to know what a "noble scent" is supposed to smell like.

I was confused about this while reading this part in the manga last week, and I'm still confused after watching the episode. Is Chabo actually not aware that "Baron Spring Roll" is Bon?
Dec 11, 2022 7:41 PM

Mar 2007
Words can't describe how happy I am that Bon is not dead.

Those nokkers and their "save everyone by killing them" are kind of evil IMO.
Dec 11, 2022 10:43 PM

Jan 2018
Damn! Fushi faked Bon's death?! Happy ending!

Todo turned out to be the girl Bon had a crush on when he was younger. That's sweet. I thought the girl was dead but fortunately for Bon, she was alive.

Looks like the Guardians won't be disbanded just yet. Fushi still needs Kahaku. The true motive of the Nokkers has been revealed.
Dec 11, 2022 11:39 PM
Oct 2015
That's how I want it to be! All of a sudden I like the nokker concept a lot more, pretty nice
Dec 11, 2022 11:53 PM
Aug 2020
starflutter said:
I'm curious to know what a "noble scent" is supposed to smell like.

I was confused about this while reading this part in the manga last week, and I'm still confused after watching the episode. Is Chabo actually not aware that "Baron Spring Roll" is Bon?

Probably perfume or something similar as they would be the only ones to afford it.

I can't be sure but the way it is phrased it seems to me that he likely has his suspicions but isn't certain.
Dec 11, 2022 11:55 PM

May 2020
Cylira wakes up to see Bon dead. Hehe, Fushi rescued Bon and brought him to Uralis. Fushi is happy to have saved someone for the first time. Whoa, a new look for Bon. And damn, Iris (Todo) is back to being slim, after that huge weight loss. Bon x Iris ship sails.

Finally, Nokkers intentions are revealed and they turn out to be nothing but murder in the name of freeing souls from bodies. Nokkers are going to attack the Church and Fushi flies there. Hope this fight turns out good.

Dec 12, 2022 2:36 AM
Apr 2022
best ep so far this season, the pacing n narration was perfect!! it basically set route for where fushi's future direction might go; so happy bon n all his friends survived, and my heart cried a lil seeing both rin n gugu in this ep ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ
Dec 12, 2022 7:20 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Amazing the new Bon´s style!!! kekeke
Dec 12, 2022 9:00 AM
Mar 2015
The truth of the nokkers is revealed. They want to free the souls by killing everyone
Dec 12, 2022 9:07 AM
Jan 2022
Kimurah said:
Eh? So starving for a few days will give you a taller body, bigger eyes and a perfect figure without any drawbacks from malnutrition? I would belive this kind of BS if this was a full blown comedy, not a pseduo-adventure series.

It's not that deep bro. Plus if you were actually paying attention you'd know that they weren't imprisoned for a few days, but WEEKS.

Shidoteki said:
Last episode made me feel like this was finally starting to get good, with Fushi's new powers and Bon's death
I really did not enjoy it, I would've preferred if Bon died and Fushi could've learned the truth rather than pretend he's dead.
Now his dream is no longer achievable, and he feels like a hollow character yet again.
And its annoying the fuck out of me that the truth keeps being hidden every week, I should not be watching this weekly haha

Bon dying would've been really bad development for Fushi's character. You seriously think him leaving Bon and never coming back to check on him and see if the Church of Bennett will really free him if he admits that Fushi is a devil's messenger as he said is good storytelling? Nahhh.
ZumthorrificDec 12, 2022 9:29 AM
Dec 12, 2022 9:59 AM

Aug 2012
Zumthorrific said:
Kimurah said:

It's not that deep bro. Plus if you were actually paying attention you'd know that they weren't imprisoned for a few days, but WEEKS.

Shidoteki said:

Bon dying would've been really bad development for Fushi's character. You seriously think him leaving Bon and never coming back to check on him and see if the Church of Bennett will really free him if he admits that Fushi is a devil's messenger as he said is good storytelling? Nahhh.

What do you mean come to check on him?
He wouldve realized he died cuz he felt it, then he would be able to see everyones souls and then he wouldve given Bon a body.
Without taking away his name and making him a king.
Seems like good story and good development to me.
Nobody wouldve needed to sacrifice anything and the death wouldnt have been forced at all.
In fact I felt him living was incredibly forced and that entire episode after was awful.
In terms of animation and story.

Now theyre just delaying the inevitable and the pacing is shit again so no clue why you think this is a good turn of events.
Dec 12, 2022 11:13 AM
Apr 2021
Al fin lo logro, logro salvar a alguien que apreciaba
Dec 12, 2022 11:51 AM

Nov 2014
I didn't like how previous episode went, but now I'm happy and ok with admitting I was wrong. Between symbolism of Fushi finally saving someone instead of Bon being yet another body for him, nokker reveals and Fushi getting fired up, I'm quite hyped for what comes next. Although one thing I missed is the fact that nobody tried to negotiate with the nokker: couldn't they just wait for humans to die on their own? >.>

Anyway. There is still more than half left. I wonder what comes next.
Dec 12, 2022 12:07 PM

Nov 2017
Its difficult to believe Bon is still alive. Especially because everything this episode seems to be such an idealized world for him..

plz @ me
Dec 12, 2022 1:54 PM
Jan 2022
It was a nice episode of character development and a great setup for what ever comes next
Dec 12, 2022 2:12 PM
Dec 2013
niobuboubobouhjvyuy
Dec 12, 2022 7:08 PM
Jan 2022
Shidoteki said:

What do you mean come to check on him?
He wouldve realized he died cuz he felt it, then he would be able to see everyones souls and then he wouldve given Bon a body.
Without taking away his name and making him a king.
Seems like good story and good development to me.
Nobody wouldve needed to sacrifice anything and the death wouldnt have been forced at all.
In fact I felt him living was incredibly forced and that entire episode after was awful.
In terms of animation and story.

Now theyre just delaying the inevitable and the pacing is shit again so no clue why you think this is a good turn of events.

Again, you're seriously telling me that Fushi never coming back and just leaving his friend Bon to his fate is a good thing? Please explain to me why exactly because it's bewildering that you think it's good storytelling to have Fushi lose another friend to a preventable death, something his other dead friends weren't fortunate to have.

"Yeah, it's good development to sacrifice Bon's life which Fushi could've prevented but didn't because of plot-induced stupidity. Don't worry coz he'll just revive him anyway."

Out of all the character deaths we've had so far, Bon's demise was the only one presented to us that Fushi can stop from happening.

1) March died by a fatal arrow shot;
2) Parona was killed by Hayase without Fushi knowing;
3) Gugu was crushed by rubble;
4) Pioran died of old age;
5) Tonari was fatally wounded by a Nokker while Fushi was poisoned to sleep.

And yet Bon, the first character that Fushi can save from dying, will die due to PIS and you call it good storytelling.
ZumthorrificDec 12, 2022 7:28 PM
Dec 13, 2022 7:06 AM

Sep 2020
The pace of this episode is so fast, but very impressive that Fushi saved Bon in this way.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2022

99 by fathandz »»
Jun 1, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2022

101 by fathandz »»
May 31, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Mar 12, 2023

178 by HiGHFLYiN9 »»
May 18, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2023

109 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 12, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Feb 26, 2023

82 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 12, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.