Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 4, 2022 2:30 AM

Nov 2011
It's good thing Fushi is immortal or his body would've been destroyed long by now. In other circumstances, he's still got a target on his back and isn't exactly popular with certain locals.

Poor guy. I wish Fushi would just be able to have a normal life but that's impossible.
Dec 4, 2022 5:09 AM

Feb 2020
I feel so bad for Fushi. Well, at least he's free again.

That kid slapping Bon was pretty amusing.

R.I.P Bon. I didn't expect him to die so soon.

Overall, this wasn't so interesting arc. Hopefully this season gets a little better.

SerafosYesterday, 8:42 PM
Dec 4, 2022 6:10 AM

Jul 2011
Is kinda sad that Bon needed jail time to learn to be better.

Im curious about Todo look after the apparent lost weight.

Dec 4, 2022 6:13 AM

Jun 2015
Squeepig 4.7!!!!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 4, 2022 6:29 AM

Apr 2016
Finally, Bon is dead and new better arc, I hope it will be better, can start.
Dec 4, 2022 6:43 AM

Nov 2011
Fushi now has Molten Powers...hell yes.

Bon....NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God dammit with Fushi flying around I thought he could be saved....but alas...RIP Bon
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 4, 2022 6:50 AM

May 2015
Damn this cliffhanger :(
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 4, 2022 7:31 AM
Aug 2021
Bon my beloved 💔💔
Dec 4, 2022 7:34 AM

Jul 2017
Is Fushi a god or a devil, this arc has its hardships.

Cylira bares his fangs under the influence of the Church of Bennett to lock Bon down, but he's not the only prisoner held captive. This little boy named Chabo caught for stealing bread is also with him, and the questioning trials begin. That's when the people learnt that Bon could see the dead, but he's just hopeless in the face of Chabo getting slapped by him lols, and saving resources along the way.

Back to Fushi's episode, the molten iron burns his regenerative body over and over, but almost enough to break it out of the mold, only for them to subdue it down. The real truth: Fushi has already made its way out in disguise, feeding the crocodiles lurking underneath with the Yanome sleeping poison and replacing the bodies to ensure their escap for both Chabo and Todo. But to Bon, the only way he'd feel relieved is by confessing his sins, and his chapter ends by the way of translating Fushi's message of his own words, but to not concede to the Church of Bennett as a sign of repentance by playing the role of the villain, meeting his death by the guillotine.

What a brutal cliffhanger.
Dec 4, 2022 7:35 AM

May 2015
Bonshen's sacrifice was strong. I feel bad for him even if I didn't like him that much.
Dec 4, 2022 7:36 AM

Nov 2014
I'm really not happy with how this went. Fushi has enough power to brute force it, he could probably destroy whole kingdoms on his own, and considering what they put him through he had all the reasons to get angry and actually murder people. Isn't he supposed to become more human-like?
Dec 4, 2022 7:38 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
RIP Bon, as he goes down as a martyr. It's a shame that's the note we're leaving this arc on.
Dec 4, 2022 7:44 AM

May 2021
Fushi's control on anger is built different. Didn't like Bon much this ep made even me feel his death.

Dec 4, 2022 7:54 AM
Mar 2021
I knew that it was coming and I was not ready for it
Dec 4, 2022 8:18 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ngl, i think the real evil is actually how they cut shit through with that cruel cliffhanger and then continue with those preview. Man those hurt, lot. But without a doubt Bon-sama changed and see through another angle compare to what had he done before, doing something that beyond his initial wish while in touch with Fushi.

Fushi on the other side also got a good growth, manage to escape with his own hand and able to handle the stress over Bon decision to not leave the scene. Even though i still don't know what lies behind Fushi mind right there, but i can see how Fushi become a lot more cooler than previously.

I wishing it to be the case for the next. Though the story will still continue rolling even if the eccentric prince died in a very short time like that. So let's see if they manage to make it more interesting....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 4, 2022 8:32 AM

Nov 2012
ugh! FU cliffhanger endings!
Now, was that a real bird or Fushi? Bon's death is hitting me as hard as March's.
Dec 4, 2022 8:48 AM
Sep 2015
This episode is just as sad as beautiful.
Dec 4, 2022 8:49 AM
Jul 2016
SPOILER
Dec 4, 2022 9:40 AM

Feb 2021
One of my favorite moments from the manga finally animated.

I really liked this episode, I was hyped for it ever since last week and I wasn't disappointed today.

This is why Bon is one of my favorite characters from the whole series.
Dec 4, 2022 9:48 AM
Apr 2016
I didn t really understand Bon 's decision, why did he have to die? Can someone explain me his strategy? Why his death is supposed to protect his people? And also, saying that Imm is indeed a demon is not really helpful for Imm...
Dec 4, 2022 9:49 AM

Dec 2018
omg i love Bon but holy hell what a cliffhanger i mean really come on now
Dec 4, 2022 9:53 AM

Sep 2020
Bon was a really good character, sad to see him go so early. This arc was really good, the pacing is now a lot more better than the first 2 episodes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2022 9:56 AM

Sep 2020
Franck_Nicolas said:
I didn t really understand Bon 's decision, why did he have to die? Can someone explain me his strategy? Why his death is supposed to protect his people? And also, saying that Imm is indeed a demon is not really helpful for Imm...

Probably because if he did say Fushi is a god, the Church would want him to have for their own. He said that Fushi is a demon and another demon gave him a message and killed the two kids (forgot their names) and told Bon to tell others not to persue Fushi. They probably won’t persue Fushi anymore as they think they will die.

That what I gather from it anyway
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2022 9:57 AM
Apr 2016
Yuri_Niji said:
Franck_Nicolas said:

Probably because if he did say Fushi is a god, the Church would want him to have for their own. He said that he is a demon and leave that message behind of a demon killing the two kids (forgot their names) and left Bon behind to tell the message, they probably won’t persue Fushi anymore as they know they will die.

That what I gather from it anyway

Makes sense, since he regrets using Imm too. Thanks for sharing your point of view
Dec 4, 2022 10:12 AM

Mar 2020
Yep. This was exactly how I thought this arc would end, and I'm not that satisfied. The Church of Bennett was an absolute joke to watch, and other than being dissatisfied with Fushi being a new god-like person, I don't think they had any motives beyond that. Fushi's powers did feel all too convenient, but it makes sense based on his previous powers, and he rescued Todo from captivity, but Bon decided to stay behind and go down as a martyr. Probably the least impactful of the deaths so far, but I did enjoy his character, he was quite entertaining to watch, minus the random shouting.

The guillotine has struck, and a new arc begins...
Dec 4, 2022 10:26 AM

Feb 2019
Seeing fushi trapped in a cycle of getting molten iron poured on him and regenerating was very hard to watch. It was great for his development though, definitely has a stronger grasp of his abilities and is able to overcome obstacles now. But I feel awful for Bohn too. Even though his character was pretty annoying, he was a cool fella at the end. Would be very unlike the series for Fushi to save him from the Guillotine so I’m assuming he’s really gone
Dec 4, 2022 11:12 AM

May 2018
Ayo poor Fushi though. Bon went out a as a gigachad at least
Dec 4, 2022 11:13 AM

Sep 2017
Well rip Bon. I feel this will be a pretty big catalyst for the world and how they perceive Fushi and the church. Didn't expect to see him go so soon tbh. Fushi being able to produce molten is going to be pretty fucking useful tho. Quite the powerful upgrade.
Dec 4, 2022 12:01 PM

Jan 2018
Bon might've been a little annoying but his death genuinely made me sad. RIP King.
Dec 4, 2022 1:04 PM
Feb 2022
Look like I'll always feel like crying whenever I watch To Your Eternity
Dec 4, 2022 1:28 PM
Oct 2020
I knew Bon was good in his own disjointed way. The nuances of growth he gained in this episode was wonderful to watch.
Dec 4, 2022 1:35 PM
Nomad

May 2014
so glad that a lot of people are finally understanding how good of a character Bon is from this episode.
been waiting for this to get animated for a long time! Bon is easily one of my favorites in the whole series (up there with Gugu)
art by @u_zuta on twitter

Dec 4, 2022 1:55 PM
Aug 2020
So this arc is finally over
Bon's death could have been more impactful, but it's not that surprising considering the pacing that this second season has picked

What I don't understand at all, is why the Nokkers did not show up at all to attack Fushi or where he ironed for weeks
Is that some kind of plot hole?

The first thing that came into my mind when they trapped Fushi last episode, it was how were they gonna deal with the Nokkers that came after him in a few days
Dec 4, 2022 2:30 PM

Apr 2012
PetrusPhoenix said:
So this arc is finally over
Bon's death could have been more impactful, but it's not that surprising considering the pacing that this second season has picked

What I don't understand at all, is why the Nokkers did not show up at all to attack Fushi or where he ironed for weeks
Is that some kind of plot hole?

The first thing that came into my mind when they trapped Fushi last episode, it was how were they gonna deal with the Nokkers that came after him in a few days

That would make the nokkers rather to much of a convenient plot device. Having the nokkers show up and make everyone want fushi to save them will make things predictable and boring to say the least. The guardians and most kingdoms have already shown they are capable enough to fend them off anyways. Fushi's life signs inside the block of iron was very very faint and the nokkers can't sense his presence. He only lives and has consciousness for about 6 seconds before dying and regenerating over and over.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Dec 4, 2022 3:55 PM

Feb 2013
I’m so sad. How dare they kill Tasty Peach! I wonder if we’ll see him again somehow.
Dec 4, 2022 4:22 PM

Mar 2007
He better not be dead! Please ... not Bon!
Dec 4, 2022 4:45 PM
Sep 2008
Finally Bonchien is dead, thank god. When was he supposed to be good?
Dec 4, 2022 4:47 PM
Sep 2008
I dunno how anyone can be surprised by Bon's death here, he's in the ED!
Dec 4, 2022 4:51 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Man, screw the church.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Dec 4, 2022 5:41 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really felt bad for Bon in the end, that was a noble sacrifice, I really liked him for some reason :/
Dec 4, 2022 6:32 PM

Jun 2014
Well the OP practically spoils the whole plot, just like the first season lol. There's a point in the OP where Bon's face is in the center of the screen with a guillotine in the background so the end of this episode wasn't really surprising. Still, he was an amusing character so it's sad to part ways with him.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 4, 2022 7:05 PM
Jul 2018
Cliffhanger-sama is merciless. 😆

Wouldn't even wish that for my worst enemy what Fushi had to go through.

RIP Bon-chan. 😢
Dec 4, 2022 11:24 PM
Jul 2021
I am sorry but am I the only one who is bothered by that scene?! HOW DID FUSHI REPLICATE TODO'S CORPSE, WHO IS STILL ALIVE?!?!?!?!?!
Dec 4, 2022 11:31 PM
Jul 2021
dragynfaerie said:
ugh! FU cliffhanger endings!
Now, was that a real bird or Fushi? Bon's death is hitting me as hard as March's.

that was Fushi in Ligard's(Tonari's owl) form ofc
mahan_minamotoDec 4, 2022 11:56 PM
Dec 5, 2022 12:13 AM
Jan 2016
And again this anime, so much characters died, but why I like this anime so much?
Dec 5, 2022 12:37 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice episode, Inmo escapes but the misfortune doesn´t drop the prince!!! kekeke
Dec 5, 2022 1:03 AM
Aug 2022
mahan_minamoto said:
I am sorry but am I the only one who is bothered by that scene?! HOW DID FUSHI REPLICATE TODO'S CORPSE, WHO IS STILL ALIVE?!?!?!?!?!

Fushi can make empty body out of alive person
But he only can transform to that person if that person died
Dec 5, 2022 3:52 AM
Sep 2022
Bon my man, you shall be remembered!!!!
Dec 5, 2022 4:53 AM

Apr 2015
although I find bon annoying at times, he has his moments. I feel bad for his death, yes, but, again, like in the Island arc, not as impactful as the first March's and Gugu's.
Dec 5, 2022 6:49 AM
Mar 2020
the moment we've been waiting for! fushi can now see and talk to the souls whose form he takes! but, since he must take bon's form to do so, does that mean bon is the only one who can never speak to him?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Mar 12, 2023

178 by HiGHFLYiN9 »»
May 18, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2023

109 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 12, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Feb 26, 2023

82 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 12, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2023

132 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 12, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2023

66 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 12, 3:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.