Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 27, 2022 2:30 AM

Nov 2011
Ah, what happens in the past still affects the present. Seems that's a recurring theme in this show for awhile now.

Fushi's own adventure is also bringing in quie a bit of surprises. On the other hand, Bonchien is probably one of the most amusing characters I've seen in this series in awhile. Seriously, that charisma of his is on another level.
Nov 27, 2022 3:13 AM

Nov 2010
  • Although Fushi's sentiment against the clan is understandable, there is no reason Kahaku as an individual to be blamed for the sin that his ancestor did.
  • It must be an ultimate torture to be kept being burned with melting iron without dying.

Nov 27, 2022 4:30 AM

Feb 2020
Bon is both annoying and interesting character at the same time.

That molten iron is just too cruel way to torture Fushi. :S

SerafosNov 27, 2022 6:36 AM
Nov 27, 2022 5:59 AM

Jul 2017
Kahaku's proposal to Fushi, him in Parona's body is fully taken by surprise, and not just for the numerous transformations. It's the link to Hayase which disgusts Fushi, which the predecessor finally learns the truth about.

Of course, the rumours about Fushi being the walking Jesus has to be calmed down, and that's just the icing on top for the Church of Bennett heretics to capture both him and Bon, accused of heresy. This is the word from the Grand Cardinal Cyrila, and Bon is being tested of his position to become king should he surrender Fushi and the Guardians. Between the Kingdom of Uralis and Fushi, Bon's indecisiveness easily shows, and Todo makes a proclamation in his stead to oppose both Bon and the Church.

Putting the Church of Bennett at a pedestal and using the Elder Hanui as a plot device for Fushi to act his miracles, Fushi just needs to prove that he's no miracle, and therein lies mayhem that still results in both of their capture. While Fushi finds a way out, Bon reflects upon what has happened, and even Fushi begins to have second thoughts about saving people, which the Beholder questions his very motives.

Being trapped in an iron mold that's filled with molten iron, Fushi's regenerative ability is tested. Thankfully, Todo isn't dead but protected by the embroidery he did, and it was pure luck.

112,049 deaths and counting, will Fushi make it out alive with the Church's plot?
Nov 27, 2022 6:15 AM

Feb 2021
One of my favorite moments from the manga is finally here, can't wait for the next episode!
Nov 27, 2022 6:43 AM

Oct 2013
Wow, starting to build up, I was getting hesitant with the series especially with the resurrection aspect. But I'd be lying to say that this episode was not gripping.
Nov 27, 2022 6:47 AM

Dec 2018
i'm glad the romance bit is over but holy crap this was intense. wouldn't bon's kingdom wage war for capturing their prince?
Nov 27, 2022 7:02 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I knew it would turn bad like that, Fushi can only revive/copy them when he knew them when they were alive, now they stuck him in concrete, at least Bonshen and the other girl are not dead even though she got stabbed by the sword
Nov 27, 2022 9:24 AM

May 2015
Kahaku got rekted
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 27, 2022 9:26 AM

May 2021
"The worst she can say is no."

- Proceeds to vomit. Ouch.

Fushi's gonna go apeshit now.

Nov 27, 2022 9:45 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
It was only a matter of time before Fushi's immortality would be used against them.
Nov 27, 2022 12:05 PM

Jun 2014
Jesus I can only imagine how torturous that's gotta be for Fushi, to continuously suffer the pain of being drowned in molten iron without dying. Huge drawback to his immortality. That cliffhanger, though, leads me to believe some shits gonna go down next episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 27, 2022 12:49 PM

Nov 2020
Damn they actually sealed him... I wonder how will he escape from there!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Nov 27, 2022 1:20 PM
Jan 2021
damn, what a horrible way to seal fushi away, although im under the impression that next episode hes gonna be free. also is it juts me or is the pacing really wired?
Nov 27, 2022 2:11 PM
Sep 2008
The church's plan made no sense, sure fushi wasn't able to revive the dude but neither can the church proving their own illegitimacy.
Nov 27, 2022 3:10 PM

Mar 2020
For the first time in Season 2, I can finally say it was a good episode, and the best one so far, even though that's not saying much considering the drop off from Season 1. The whole situation with Kahaku and Fushi was handled in a very sensible way, as Fushi remembers how Parona died, and considers how Parona would feel to be with a descendant of Hayase.

Before this episode, my thoughts toward this season was that Bon was singlehandedly saving this show, but after this episode, not so much. I don't think you need the highest IQ to see that the Church wouldn't be keeping their promises.

With the molten iron being poured into the iron jail, this is the biggest test for Fushi's composure so far, and I smell deaths impending, I just feel it, very scary...
Nov 27, 2022 3:27 PM

Apr 2012
And that's why being immortal without being almighty sucks. Wow.
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Nov 27, 2022 3:40 PM
Oct 2020
Man these church people are annoying. Still it shows how being immortal can suck, religious people will think you're a devil and seal you with molten iron.
RexnihiloNov 27, 2022 4:37 PM
Nov 27, 2022 4:59 PM

Nov 2013
Very intense. The evils of mysticism illustrated well here. I cannot imagine how Fushi can remain sane after being burned alive again, and again, and again and again. He MUST be a god. He is the anime Jesus.
Nov 27, 2022 7:13 PM

Jan 2016
swordmaster2551 said:
The church's plan made no sense, sure fushi wasn't able to revive the dude but neither can the church proving their own illegitimacy.
That's what church was all about a couple of centuries ago in our world too... With their stupid witch hunt.

PS: I don't know wtf is wrong with Brain's Base stopping doing TYE and where the director went, but this episode was awful to look at. Couldn't even animate arms and jumps proprerly. (whereas the 5th episode was okay, and I truly hope the 7th will be better because it's one of my favorite moments in the manga, and my favorite of what's coming into this season, hope they don't mess up, it's a pretty important and serious one... To Your Eternity is a masterpiece to me and they really don't do it justice in this season 2 so far...)
Sw3atNov 27, 2022 8:06 PM
Nov 27, 2022 8:31 PM

Mar 2007
Kahaku - that situation was never going to fly considering what his ancestor did. Please no more falling in love with Fushi.

That molten iron bit was horrible beyond belief. And when he gets out he's going to destroy that church for sure. I mean, if I were him I'd just bathe the entire church and knights in the molten iron which he can produce in vast quantities. Those idiots better hope Fushi isn't smart enough to weaponize molten iron like I just suggested.
Nov 27, 2022 9:44 PM
Jul 2018
Damn, imagine confessing to your crush and they're so disgusted by you that they throw up?? Big L! And after seeing that very clear sign of disinterest, Kahaku still wouldn't let it go! It was just a hug, but it was chilling; I really understood how Fushi felt violated in that moment. That's not love, that's obsession and possession.

I feel so sorry for Fushi being used and treated like an object by everyone. He deserves to genuinely be loved in a normal way, not put up on a pedestal but also not demonized, either. I feel exhausted for the guy and just want to see him live a happy, normal life without so much drama and tragedy. :( The characters who truly, unconditionally loved him for being himself are long gone.

I have a hard time understanding how Fushi has stayed so pure-hearted after all he's been through over the centuries. Why does he remain so loyal to people who just want to exploit him?? What good has Bon done that makes Fushi want to protect him and be trapped for his sake?

I found myself distracted many times by how inconsistent Fushi's face looked in this episode... like someone said on a previous post, this new studio hasn't gotten the hang of drawing him yet; sometimes he doesn't even look like the same character.

removed-userNov 27, 2022 9:49 PM
Nov 27, 2022 10:47 PM

Aug 2019
Todo was somehow saved from the sword by the handkerchief

Kahaku just watches them pour in the molten iron

Nov 27, 2022 10:49 PM

Jan 2018
Kahaku proposed to Fushi and got a dose of reality instead. Good. He was being really creepy.

Bon-sama betrayed Fushi and it got them into trouble with the anti-Fushi church. It's amazing that both Bon nor Fushi didn't have the foresight of the shady-looking church betraying them.

Waiting to see how Fushi breaks free of that painful iron cage.
Nov 27, 2022 10:51 PM

Apr 2012
starflutter said:
...I found myself distracted many times by how inconsistent Fushi's face looked in this episode... like someone said on a previous post, this new studio hasn't gotten the hang of drawing him yet; sometimes he doesn't even look like the same character.

Relax, it's just a panoramic shot. All anime have these.
I would've agreed with you if it was a close up angle while he was talking.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Nov 28, 2022 1:14 AM
Oct 2020
I like that I don't understand a single piece of the story :)
Nov 28, 2022 1:33 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
that was an atrocity, burying him alive in cast iron!!! kekeke
Nov 28, 2022 1:41 AM

Dec 2008
I just hope Nameless Guy will be revived one day and see southern lands as he wished to
Nov 28, 2022 8:20 AM
May 2021
10/10 ep W and everything
Nov 28, 2022 8:44 AM
Apr 2022
Welcome in the friendzone Kahaku.
Bro was literally crying after he found out about Parona.
Must be terrible to find something like this out.

It isn’t a bad idea that the church had to seal away Fushi.
It might be cruel, but it’s a very effectif way to shut down an immortal person.
Especially when he does not have any powers like Fushi and is just immortal.
Nov 28, 2022 9:10 AM
Apr 2021
Fushi throwing up after being hugged made me laugh a lil bc it’s like “the worse she can say is no” *throws up instead*💀💀💀 but pouring the molten iron over fushi was just overkill I feel so bad for him knowing he’s immortal and he has to endure that pain😣😣😣
Nov 28, 2022 9:25 AM

May 2020
Treyv0n said:
Fushi throwing up after being hugged made me laugh a lil bc it’s like “the worse she can say is no” *throws up instead*💀💀💀 but pouring the molten iron over fushi was just overkill I feel so bad for him knowing he’s immortal and he has to endure that pain😣😣😣
Agreed. Fushi throwing up was a hilarious reaction. Yes, pouring molten iron is too much, but then, since he's hurt, he can recreate it too. Another good weapon to fight against Nokkers.

Bon is good at analysing how Fushi's powers work. I ain't gonna judge him as good or bad.
Nov 28, 2022 4:44 PM
Jan 2022
well this show just loves reminding us how terrible humanity is
Nov 28, 2022 5:44 PM

Sep 2011
Man, the pacing continues to murder this season's potential
Nov 28, 2022 6:43 PM
Feb 2021
The story is getting better but not with the animation. Worried how this will play out later on konosub
Nov 28, 2022 6:57 PM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Man, the pacing continues to murder this season's potential

The only "pacing" problem I had with this season was the 2nd timeskip that was super confusing but besides that, I would argue that the "pacing" has been fine. If we go into another timeskip, then I will be worry.
𝙊𝙣𝙚 𝙋𝙞𝙚𝙘𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙨 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙡𝙮 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙚. - 𝙕𝙖𝙘𝙝
Nov 28, 2022 6:59 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Church people just don't let Fushi live in peace huh? Even all fell to the 'revive the death' obvious trap. Sighing, ofc Fushi can't revive the corpse! But i appreciate how to solidified while also spoonfeed Fushi ability more and more with that scene. Then the way they sealed Fushi away also quite interesting. Iron Coffin. Kansatsusha line of talk also fascinating. Observe all dat second to death with patient. Wishing Kansatsusha to be more active to help Fushi like where Nokkers attack instead of doing the observation role against Fushi human growth. But oh well! Let's keep the rest of helping for the next episode when Bon and the rest save the day!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 29, 2022 8:38 AM
Mar 2015
Never count anyone out in this story
Nov 29, 2022 10:28 AM

Sep 2020
So many thing happened in this episode, I wonder is he trying to make Fushi stronger by doing that.
Nov 29, 2022 10:56 AM

May 2017
wow, this was an insane episode.
I wonder if Fushi will be able to feel romantic attraction, it seems like he has been incapable. When he does experience it, I wonder if sexual attraction would then develop. so far he's an asexual and aromantic icon.

watching him burn to death in the molten Iron was horrifying, and then his body needed some form of oxygen to continue regulating, which the iron box wouldn't allow. he is regenerating though.

I'm excited to see Bon and Todo's reunion, it was heartbreaking to see Todo stabbed like that.
Nov 29, 2022 2:53 PM

Jul 2016
Centuries of existence and Fushi still keeps falling like an idiot into everyone's traps and manipulations smh.

Also Kahaku... dude, what the fuck? First the creepy, borderline rape-y advances and now you just stay there watching as they pour molten iron over the sentient immortal being? Seriously?
Nov 30, 2022 1:21 AM

Dec 2008
They put too much content into that episode, I wish it would be slower paced.
Curse that rotten church, it is so extreme to pour cooking iron on someone.
Fushi is no evil monster to deserve such a punishment.
The dark shadow wasn't very helpful, what an ass.

I think Fushi will be able to deal with the problem in one of the next episodes,
I hope it won't take a few decades timeskip, he will be moderately angry at least.
Lol this story would be funny with a Fushi that turned insane.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2022 1:22 AM

Dec 2008
They put too much content into that episode, I wish it would be slower paced.
Curse that rotten church, it is so extreme to pour cooking iron on someone.
Fushi is no evil monster to deserve such a punishment.
The dark shadow wasn't very helpful, what an ass.

I think Fushi will be able to deal with the problem in one of the next episodes,
I hope it won't take a few decades timeskip, he will be moderately angry at least.
Lol this story would be funny with a Fushi that turned insane.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2022 6:30 AM
Aug 2018
الامير هطف، لكن حبر الكنيسة ما توقعت يسويها!!
Nov 30, 2022 11:52 AM

May 2018
Poor Fushi got baked and the Orb guy just treats it like a science experiment...
Nov 30, 2022 12:36 PM

Nov 2012
It only took Fushi approx. 32hrs to open his eye. I wonder about his sanity.
Nov 30, 2022 3:57 PM

Sep 2017
Kahaku definitely overstepping a boundary there. Fushi literally threw up bruh. But god damn Fushi getting locked in an iron box covered in molten iron is really fucked up. I can't imagine the pain.
Dec 1, 2022 3:31 PM
Mar 2019
That may be one of the worst tortures i have seen.
Dec 2, 2022 7:31 AM

May 2015
This is one of the worst form of torture ever created by humans
Dec 2, 2022 10:08 AM
Jul 2020
i don't like bon for what ever he's doing like let fushi feel happiness that he deserves
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2022

99 by fathandz »»
Jun 1, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2022

101 by fathandz »»
May 31, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Mar 12, 2023

178 by HiGHFLYiN9 »»
May 18, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2023

109 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 12, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Feb 26, 2023

82 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 12, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.