Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 22, 2022 4:59 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at approximately 00:30 (JST) This thread is now unlocked

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
anime-primeNov 22, 2022 7:30 AM
Nov 22, 2022 7:30 AM

May 2020
Out of the frying pan into the fire - No better quote to depict Denji's situation. I mean nevermind him expressing the gravity of a situation, the expressions of spectators above pretty much saying everything.

But hey, did Denji get flustered? Startled? HECK NO. His motto of “My way or the highway”, doesn’t just warrant him having a few screws loose, but having no screws to begin with. Obliterated eternity devil with all fun in the world, and hence once again proved his worth. Thanks Mappa for the gorefest.

You did the task, so what comes after that? Celebration of course. A drinking party with the whole cast and the main event of the episode, the iconic kissing scene aka THE BARF SCENE. Denji would never ever forget the sense of that warm flesh of vomit going under his mouth , I can guarantee. Censoring the gross shit makes sense.

Another ED and again its just the good visuals.

Jul 2017
Denji vs. the Eternity Devil: grotesque CGI, but it works to show all the violence and gore, accompanied greatly by Maximum the Hormone's ED insert. Denji losing blood is normal, but if he drinks blood, he'll be feared as the Chainsaw Devil.

Kishibe's pep talk to Himeno about all of her partners who have their lives taken away because they were sane, that is how they died feeding the Devils' powers out of fear. But given that Aki was new around her at the time of her last partner's unfortunate departure, the incoming of the Gun Devil will see her lose yet another sane person. But this time's different: Denji drinking blood for recovery, mocking and dismembering the hell outta the Eternity Devil with his iconic perpetual motion machine one-liner, he's a considerable potential against the Gun Devil.

Eventually, they come out of the Endless Eight alright, and Himeno wants to hold a welcome party for the entirety of Division 4 altogether, with Aki having notions about Makima's unusual interest in Denji to get his secret out from her. All of this is in a form of a drinking party, and the rookies Denji, Arai and Kobeni get their introductions in order, not forgetting the woman herself whom Denji is supposed to get his reward, but also Himeno's French kiss reward as well. But hell man, Makima can hold her liquor quite well when compared against both Himeno and Aki.

Himeno WITH THE FRENCH KISS STEAL! Too bad it's a first kiss that's filled with vomit, reminding him of his young days with Pochita. YUCK. At least it's censored LOLS. But when it came time to gather and go back, Denji finding himself at Himeno's place, with her continuing the deed...INTO SEX!?

IS IT TIME FOR A DEMISE OF NO NUT NOVEMBER???

ano's ED, along with the old-school vibes, it's a treat.
KANLen09Nov 22, 2022 10:52 AM

Jun 2019
Ah... there it is. One of the most iconic moments in Chainsaw Man manga finally got animated and there's no doubt about it that it is even more disgusting than the manga. LOL. Poor guy, Denji. His first kiss. He was traumatized. An amazing episode. Loved the slice-of-life moments along with the action scenes. Himeno is so pretty.

And, Ano with that amazing ending and with those amazing visuals. Loved the aesthetic of that ending. I almost puked myself watching that scene, ngl. The next episode should be great as well.
Nov 22, 2022 7:32 AM

Nov 2011
They should do more drinking parties in this show. It's just hilarious with the small talk and character personalities. Watching everyone enjoy themselves instead of monsters out in the world is a nice pace of change.

Definitely one of the funniest episodes I've seen and lol, that kiss. Denji got french kissed in front of everyone by Himeno! She's such a tease.
Nov 22, 2022 7:34 AM

Dec 2015
Using the third ED as an OST during the Eternity Devil fight was a great choice. With the great Voice acting, different voice effects, an intense OST and a frenetic animation, it was the highlight of the episode. A beautiful chaos, THIS IS CHAINSAW MAN! Well done Mappa.

I don't really care about the censored puke scene. Not Mappa's fault anyway. I'm pretty sure we'll get that scene uncensored with the BDs release.

Unexpected ED with vintage 90's style. Love it!
ParkroverNov 22, 2022 2:52 PM
Nov 22, 2022 7:40 AM
May 2016
Best ED so far by a country mile, and I adore the heavier rock ones a ton, the song + visuals are splendid!
Nov 22, 2022 8:00 AM
May 2016
KANLen09 said:
Denji vs. the Eternity Devil: grotesque CGI, but it works to show all the violence and gore.

Kishibe's pep talk to Himeno about all of her partners whom have their lives taken away because they were sane, that is exactly the reason why they died feeding the Devils' powers. But given that Aki was new around her at the time of her last partner's unfortunate departure, the incoming of the Gun Devil will see her lose yet another sane person. But this time's different: Denji drinking blood for recovery, mocking and dismembering the hell outta the Eternity Devil for a considerable potential against the Gun Devil.

Eventually, they come out of the Endless Eight alright, and Himeno wants to hold a welcome party for the 4th Division altogether, with Aki having second thoughts about Makima's unusual interest in Denji to get some secret out from her. This is in a form of a drinking party, and Denji, Power, Himeno, Kobeni and Arai get their introductions in order, not forgetting the woman herself whom Denji is supposed to get his reward, but remembering Himeno's kiss as well. But hell man, Makima can hold her liquor quite well when compared against both Himeno and Aki.

Himeno WITH THE FRENCH KISS STEAL! Too bad it's not an actual first kiss that's filled with vomit, reminding him of his young days with Pochita. YUCK. But when it came time to gather and go back, Denji finding himself at Himeno's place, with her continuing the deed...INTO SEX!?

IS IT TIME FOR A DEMISE OF NO NUT NOVEMBER???

ano's ED with the Himeno focus, along with the old-school vibes, it's a treat.

"Grotesque CGI" Did we watch the same stream? That shit looked fantastic and went HARD with the insert song blaring in, the majority of the animation was 2D too. The CG that was there didn't look choppy at all either.
Nov 22, 2022 8:05 AM

Jun 2019
Modernoir said:
"Grotesque CGI" Did we watch the same stream? That shit looked fantastic and went HARD with the insert song blaring in, the majority of the animation was 2D too. The CG that was there didn't look choppy at all either.

Yup... totally agree with your statement. The CG looked amazing in that fight. And, yeah, the majority fight was 2D with bits and pieces of 3D that mixed so well together.
Nov 22, 2022 8:38 AM
Nov 2021
My NNN is not so good right now after seeing Himeno in this ep
A Violet Evergarden hardcore fan but too poor to buy any goods from Violet Evergarden
Nov 22, 2022 8:50 AM
Feb 2021
Minepo said:
My NNN is not so good right now after seeing Himeno in this ep

Bro gets off to barf damn
Nov 22, 2022 8:51 AM

Nov 2016
So they went with pixelated censorship for the vomit kiss and didn't cut away or change the angle. Alright, I can live with that. I even think it made it funnier.

The welcome party was probably my favorite scene of this season so far.

Himeno 🥵

The 90's style anime ending is so cool
FMmatronNov 22, 2022 11:02 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 22, 2022 8:55 AM
Dec 2014
MAPPA delivered again
Nov 22, 2022 8:56 AM
Hello Everynyan

May 2022
Vomit Slurpin' Good (they fking censored it?)

n Glorious ED

Nov 22, 2022 8:56 AM
Apr 2016
This episode had me laughing my ass off - rare to see stuff going this wild in any anime, so it's really refreshing.
Nov 22, 2022 8:57 AM
Aug 2021
the ending ahhhhh
Nov 22, 2022 8:57 AM

Nov 2019
Note to self to never eat while watching anime in the future.

Although probably not the best one to watch while eating given the theme, anyway..

Nov 22, 2022 8:58 AM

Jul 2012
I like how this episode gave us a small bit of details on many of the characters. From Himeno and Denji, to Kobeni and Arai. A little about Makima. Even the Gun Devil.

Finally, Denji gets his first kiss and it's with vomit lmao. And he swallowed it...wtf?!
Nov 22, 2022 8:59 AM
Apr 2016
Nabaat said:
Note to self to never eat while watching anime in the future.

Although probably not the best one to watch while eating given the theme, anyway..
I was eating as well - made me pause but not out of disgust or anything, it was just really funny.
Nov 22, 2022 9:01 AM
Feb 2021
8.5/10 🛐 it's hard to believe. How beautifully and disgustingly this episode was crafted! Another Day Thanking MAPPA for adapting Chainsaw Man at it's best! 🖤
Nov 22, 2022 9:03 AM
Mar 2021
This episode was absolutly magnificant
Nov 22, 2022 9:04 AM
Sep 2015
Denji can recover by drinking other's blood (or any form of nutrition) is a knowledge worth Nobel Price indeed. But yeah, I don't want to see any situation that will force him to eat vomit to recover from blood loss.

It's cute to see Denji care about his first kiss, I wish he could preserve his kiss virginity for me, but the situation escalate too quickly he might not even preserve his frontal virginity.
Nov 22, 2022 9:16 AM
Jul 2015
Was ok episode. I didn't love it as much as I thought I would. Denji is 16 huh. Idk these women seems older and are into denji.
Nov 22, 2022 9:19 AM
Apr 2022
that's exactly how company dinner party works, one employee getting hammered n puking all night except denji got right into his mouth 😂 as if it wasn't already funny power laughing her ass off made it 10x better!!
Nov 22, 2022 9:20 AM

Nov 2020
Very good episode. As an anime-viewer only(I'll read the manga after the anime ends), so far, CSM is a great anime. Denji just had his first kiss with vomit from Himeno(it should've been me), which is a pretty traumatising experience.
Nov 22, 2022 9:26 AM
Dec 2016
So what I am getting is. Himeno finds out Denji is probably underage, kidnaps him, gets him drunk, and sexually assaults him. This ain't it chief.
Nov 22, 2022 9:26 AM
May 2020
I got nothing to saw just ew and lol
Nov 22, 2022 9:27 AM

Oct 2018
Can't believe they made the kiss scenes a cinematic experience, both the vomit and on the bed one.

Oh boy this is bad, I'm gonna get spoiled, I hope I won't wished future anime to get this kind of production with so much passion.
Nov 22, 2022 9:28 AM
Oct 2022
Absolutely stunning animation in the fight and Loved every second of it.
Nov 22, 2022 9:29 AM

Apr 2013
Fun and well animated fight to start off the episode against the eternity devil, but that's not what most people will talk about this week.

I remember the page turn in the manga when the puke kiss happened and I laughed out loud. It's still funny seeing it animated, but I'm maybe more grossed out this time. The pixelated puke was kind of expected unfortunately since it's never shown on japanese tv (see Gintama for example); the uncensored BDs will always be available you sickos.

With that being said, I always found Himeno's sex proposal to Denji afterwards a lot more wild and out of pocket from Fujimoto, but that's what make his stories fun to read.

ED7 was also one of the best ending so far.

I'm so hyped for the Katana-Man arc, episodes 8-12 will probably be the best this season has to offer.
Nov 22, 2022 9:31 AM
Jan 2022
Can't wait for Denji to sell the bag next week. Good episode overall
Nov 22, 2022 9:31 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
gimme more. The drinking party was niceee. Lets gooo.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Nov 22, 2022 9:32 AM

Jan 2009
damn Himeno is so sexy hot this episode i do not mind the puke lol

this weeks ED has the best visuals so far because of the 1990s anime aesthetic influence or throwback
Nov 22, 2022 9:33 AM
May 2021
Barf scene finally adapted & am acc glad it was censored bcuz in the manga it was horrible 🤣😭
Nov 22, 2022 9:33 AM

Jul 2017
It should have been me, not him!
Nov 22, 2022 9:35 AM

Mar 2020
Denji defeated the Eternity Devil, and then it's a drinking party! Before that, though Kishibe talked about how people have to be unhinged to survive in this business, and in a way, most of the devil hunters we've seen so far have been basically that.

8:18 is over, no more of the endless eight eighteen, so now that the loop is over, the gang celebrates, with kisses, barf and sickness for all! NNN participants, how you doin today?

Ano's ED really captured the spirit of the episode, and while it isn't my favourite by any means, it might grow on me.
McsuperNov 22, 2022 9:40 AM
Nov 22, 2022 9:37 AM
Aug 2022
Poor denji, got barfed on the first kiss and then kidnapped

This episode was really going on unexpected ways at all times which is one of the reasons why I love this anime.

The animation as before is awesome and the funniest part was the clock devil going "your done chainmsaw" to "forgive me and pls kill me" real quick 😂

The last scene was awesome and I hope they do it in the next ep 😏 (probably not though 😅).
Nov 22, 2022 9:37 AM

Jun 2014
Good fight against the Eternity Devil but of course the part of the episode that's going to get people talking the most is the infamous vomit kiss. Censored of course, due to TV broadcast regulations, but still just as gross and funny as the manga. Anyone who's legit upset at the censorship (not baiting or trolling but like legit ANGRY) is a fucking weirdo lmao.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 22, 2022 9:38 AM

Jul 2014
Holy f poor denji, but... goddamn he might get giga lucky (if makima doesn't walk in to kill her LOL)
Aug 2021
the best episode ever

Oct 2021
TV took an L by censoring the puke scene. I just hope that the Bluray will have an uncensored version.

The ED visual was great! Reminds me of Koimonogatari OP which was also retro.

Jan 2009
and the Fox Devil is a girl eh thats interesting

Mcsuper said:
kisses, barf and sickness for all! NNN participants, how you doin today?

they just gonna treat NNN as Nonstop Nut November with Himeno
Nov 22, 2022 9:39 AM
Nov 2022
Hot ending really really hot
Nov 22, 2022 9:42 AM
Apr 2022
The beginning of the episode was extremely good, action-like how chainsaw man should be, but the end, slightly boring, I expected more.

Apr 2020
I feel you Denji T_T
Feb 2019
perfection, really cosy, fire ngl
Nov 22, 2022 9:43 AM
Jun 2022
that was a very interesting kiss
Nov 22, 2022 9:44 AM

Apr 2020
I had a first time that also involved vomit. That scene made me laugh but also gave me severe PTSD flashbacks.
Nov 22, 2022 9:44 AM

Mar 2011
It seems MAPPA is running out of budget 1/3 of the episode had alot of sloppy CGI even non action scenes.
Nov 22, 2022 9:45 AM
Apr 2020
This was my favorite ED so far!
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

993 by Coinos »»
Jun 2, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 20, 2022

389 by KediTime12 »»
Jun 2, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1142 by ssjzachary »»
May 29, 4:35 PM

» Crunchyroll awards

Naveen6662246 - May 22

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
May 27, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 15, 2022

591 by thatlittlefox »»
May 24, 7:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.