Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 13, 2022 2:34 AM

Nov 2011
Hmm, it appears trust really can be a factor in Fushi's journey.

Luckily for him, he's very open minded. Episode also feels like a personal lesson for Fushi to understand humans such as Pocoa. She has such a vibrant personality.
Nov 13, 2022 6:10 AM

May 2015
So Bon is just like this boy from sixth sense - "I can see dead people" xD

Also Kohaku want to score Parona
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 13, 2022 6:10 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So the prince can see spirits that's how he knew about Fushi... but that's worrying now knowing he's so determined about becoming the king that Fushi would be prey for that
Nov 13, 2022 6:12 AM

Feb 2020
Bon being able to see those spirits was a pretty nice surprise. He's more interesting character than I expected.
Nov 13, 2022 6:12 AM

Jul 2011
Oh no, they will kill the horse.

The Queen is a very good mother, except the exorcism. And the worst is, you cant truly rule out a devil existence, just by looking at Fushi whole thing.

Fushi have a procession of ghosts. That can run around the world while not being personified?
Nov 13, 2022 6:29 AM

Jul 2017
News goes out that Prince Bonchien has successfully managed to capture the immortal Fushi becomes headlines in Bennett, though his lofty proclamations prove that he is more talk than action. For Fushi, he doesn't really care for anything except the Knockers attacking anytime, anywhere.

This unassuming servant Todo was brave enough to retrieve Prince Bon's precious handkerchief from the dumps, and it looks like he is being taken care of well. The topic of friends and lovers is something that Fushi is unaccustomed to since he's been living his life alone most of the time.

That said, the town of Bennett is really happening with Fushi being heralded as the Hero, something that the Church will not slide of him being a heretic. Nice to get some focus on Prince Bon's life since this segment is anime-original, though how his family treated him with his idealistic dreams sure put him in peril and learning about the immortal Fushi through Hayase's descendent. Bon pretty much has been the fool that's not suitable to become king, and that's where his mission to capture Fushi became the sworn objective on his way to become the rightful heir to the throne.

Bon, you really lived through a life of hell, there and back. If seeing ghosts isn't enough, knowing when to act, is.
Nov 13, 2022 6:49 AM

Feb 2021
So we got to see Bon's backstory, his ability to talk with the dead, and how he found Fushi.

Pretty average episode, I suspect the production this season will be like this for most episodes except the more important ones.
Nov 13, 2022 7:08 AM

Mar 2020
Bon has captured Fushi, and he was making headlines, but then contrary to what the goal was before, they heralded Fushi as a hero, to the church's chagrin. The first half was quite boring to say the least, with talks of friends and lovers.

Then, we got to Bon's backstory, which seems all too convenient for the plot, but as dark as you would expect from the show. At least he didn't lose his precious handkerchief.

Bon's a fool that isn't fit to be king, and seeing ghosts doesn't help his case. He's had a hard life, but can Fushi save him? With how this show goes, I don't know about that...
Nov 13, 2022 7:20 AM

May 2021
So does that mean even the boy from the very first episode can be seen? But he probably went elsewhere, I suppose...

Nov 13, 2022 7:21 AM
Jun 2022
As a manga reader, I'm loving it so far knowing what's coming next. 👌
Nov 13, 2022 7:44 AM
Mar 2018
I actually found this episode really fascinating. It's nice to get away from Fushi for a bit, although everything really does revolve around him, doesn't it? I wonder what Tonari wanted with Bon, manipulating him into seeking Fushi like that.

I like the depth this episode added to a bunch of characters, and it's really refreshing seeing man-to-man love being so openly discussed in an anime. Fushi being an intrinsically non-binary entity, I wonder how they'll handle his love life. Will Kahaku x Fushi become a thing?

It's also really great to see how Bon's family is more than meets the eye. On the one hand, they are remarkably open-minded, we see no evidence of rejection when it comes to Bon's flamboyant personality. On the other, his mother doing that to him because of his sixth sense, shows they aren't perfect. And the bit about the succession? Remarkably logical and grounded for a family that seems so care-free and lavish. Seems that despite appearances, they are great monarchs indeed, they truly care for their people.

Really excited to see what comes next! One thing I'm sure about - Fushi will learn a bit more about suffering and love.
Nov 13, 2022 8:07 AM
Sep 2015
This is such a lovely kingdom, I love news reporters. Bon also has a nice backstory. This episode is a calm before a storm though, so I've to brace for impact. Also, this is the best Fushi line yet "do you think two men can love each other?"
Nov 13, 2022 8:07 AM

May 2018
So that's how Bon came to be. Still don't get why he dresses like that though, must be so uncomfortable
Nov 13, 2022 8:15 AM

May 2020
The show was just getting good, now this arc feels like the most stupid thing I've ever seen. :( why do this man
Nov 13, 2022 8:17 AM

Mar 2021
RioFS said:
So does that mean even the boy from the very first episode can be seen? But he probably went elsewhere, I suppose...

I guess he passed peacefully.
Nov 13, 2022 8:26 AM

Oct 2022
Interesting to learn some of Bons backstory and that he can see the spirits of dead people.
Nov 13, 2022 8:27 AM
Mar 2021
V1P3R0P said:
RioFS said:

I guess he passed peacefully.

love the profile pic my man
Nov 13, 2022 8:44 AM

Aug 2019
Not liking the Bon Clay knock-off

A bit random for Tonari to have been one of the spirits he could see

Nov 13, 2022 9:12 AM

Nov 2014
Bon is shaping to be a really interesting character. But what has my attention right now is Todo. Is he (?) just that blonde girl in disguise, or maybe there is some more complicated stuff involved?
As for the spirits, I sure do hope that Bon tells Fushi about them. I mean, they seem sentient - Fushi could even talk with them through Bon.
Nov 13, 2022 9:19 AM

Jan 2008
RioFS said:

Most likely the ones that follow him are doing it because they just want to, and the boy in first episode didn't have a chance to actually know Fushi (because it was also a primitive form), as well as the wolf, so their souls just went to the beyond and hadn't a reason to do the same thing. We can see in the last season finale Pioran making a decision about her future after she died, so most likely the other characters from March and up decided to follow Fushi when presented with the choice.
Nov 13, 2022 10:13 AM

Feb 2019
Aww even in death tonari continues to help Fushi by leading him to Bon. Bon’s childhood was also quite sad. Both could use one another as a friend.
Nov 13, 2022 10:19 AM

Dec 2016
Good lord. The comedic bits in this show are peak cringe. Hah hah, fat guy got a load of crap on top of his head

Bon's flashbacks came out of the left field. I'm like "bisch, nobody asked you about the story of your life so far". This author doesn't know how to weave stories without going full infodump nor how to introduce them seamlessly.
Nov 13, 2022 10:21 AM

Jun 2019
So... all our friends have been with us all this time. That's sweet. Also, it was pretty nice to see Bon-chan's backstory as well and how badly he wants to become the king. I have a bad feeling about all this. I don't wanna get attached to any more of these characters.
Nov 13, 2022 10:32 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It´s a rare princep, but has nice points!!! kekeke
Nov 13, 2022 10:46 AM
Jul 2016
I know lots of folks complain about the decline of writing quality, but I don't know... I'm enjoying myself every episode.

Nice to hear DIO's voice actor give a phenomenal delivery as Prince Bonchein Nicoli La Tasty Peach Uralis. He gets the Best Bonnist award in my heart.

Also, I'm kinda glad that the anime makes it obvious with the ~mystical white glow~ that Bonchein's friends are in fact dead. As a dumbass reading the manga, I thought they were alive (how one lives with a sword in his head, I did not question too hard).

Fushi discovers the concept of homosexuality. Only took him 200-odd years.

And Kahaku and Todo discover gay panic this week. I guess Kahaku wouldn't be bisexual, but in fact , Fushi-sexual. This boy will never learn lmao.

I love Todo. Such a good kid. Bonchein doesn't deserve you!!! ( ̄^ ̄)

[Manga spoiler, don't read anime-onlys]
erikkamirsNov 13, 2022 10:58 AM
Nov 13, 2022 10:49 AM

Jun 2015
this eps got so wild in story im not even sure how to process it. Epic!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 13, 2022 11:13 AM
Jul 2016
yasm said:
I wonder what Tonari wanted with Bon, manipulating him into seeking Fushi like that

If I had to guess, I'd say it's similar to reason that Tonari got herself accustomed to poisons. If Fushi can gain a new skill seeing dead people, then it's a net positive. Tonari probably also wanted Fushi to gain friends in high places, since the guy is in line to be king in such a prosperous nation.
Nov 13, 2022 11:39 AM
Aug 2021
BlichoBoy said:
Oh no, they will kill the horse.

The Queen is a very good mother, except the exorcism. And the worst is, you cant truly rule out a devil existence, just by looking at Fushi whole thing.

Fushi have a procession of ghosts. That can run around the world while not being personified?
and what if that white horse is reincarnation of pyoran.. woah plot twist from s1
Nov 13, 2022 11:40 AM

Mar 2015
imo comparing to s1 the story deteriorated very noticeably which was not unexpected

_Marghe_ said:
as a former manga reader I dropped it around that point because it just became stupid. and I feel the anime is soon gonna follow
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Nov 13, 2022 11:41 AM

Aug 2014
They are all there!!! Yaaaay.
Really happy to see March not being alone somewhere like when she died.
Hope we can see them interact more in the future and hoping once the prince dies, he can get his power and talk with them!!
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Nov 13, 2022 11:43 AM
Jun 2022
pasanoid said:
imo comparing to s1 the story deteriorated very noticeably which was not unexpected

_Marghe_ said:
as a former manga reader I dropped it around that point because it just became stupid. and I feel the anime is soon gonna follow

I dropped it as well because I got confused and it wasn't making much sense but it was way more in the future, i actually did like this part of the show although I like the first season better.
Nov 13, 2022 11:45 AM
Mar 2018
erikkamirs said:
yasm said:
I wonder what Tonari wanted with Bon, manipulating him into seeking Fushi like that

If I had to guess, I'd say it's similar to reason that Tonari got herself accustomed to poisons. If Fushi can gain a new skill seeing dead people, then it's a net positive. Tonari probably also wanted Fushi to gain friends in high places, since the guy is in line to be king in such a prosperous nation.

Oh, that actually makes a ton of sense. And if Fushi becomes able to see the dead, then he can meet his dear friends again. Though I worry he wouldn't try to make living friends anymore... But then I'm sure Tonari would push him to.
Nov 13, 2022 11:45 AM
Sep 2008
Bon is still not winning any points
Nov 13, 2022 11:50 AM
Sep 2008
ThirteenEleven said:
Bon is shaping to be a really interesting character. But what has my attention right now is Todo. Is he (?) just that blonde girl in disguise, or maybe there is some more complicated stuff involved?
As for the spirits, I sure do hope that Bon tells Fushi about them. I mean, they seem sentient - Fushi could even talk with them through Bon.
probably was his mom or sister and the flowers are his family's crest
Nov 13, 2022 12:18 PM

Nov 2020
So Bon can talk and see the dead people? I wonder how long will he be alive xD!
Okay episode!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Nov 13, 2022 2:10 PM
Jan 2021
i love the fact that all of the people fushi has encountered is also following him and watching over him, i find that really sweet. this episodes we got to see what kind of power Bon has, poor dude got punished for his cool ability.
Nov 13, 2022 2:43 PM

Nov 2012
Wow! Not sure if I still like Bon, now. Seems like he wants more than becoming king.
Looks like a nokker takes control of Bon next week. That or he's scared.
Nov 13, 2022 5:53 PM

Sep 2014
Best ep so far, but thats a low bar. So the weird prince can see ghosts. I wonder why Tonari showed up at his place though.
Black One says Fushi will be free, but isnt Fushi already free to do whatever? So, freedom from reincarnation, aka death?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 13, 2022 6:06 PM
Nov 2021
Hmm so Bon has the capacity to be either a good or bad influence on Mc. Thought he was going to betray him from the content of the previous episode but it might make Fushi less willing to give up all his forms if he knows his friends are with him spiritually.
Nov 13, 2022 6:42 PM
Mar 2015
The prince is a strange fellow
Nov 13, 2022 7:10 PM
Apr 2021
This episode was SOOOOOOO GOOD OMG😫 the tasty peaches backstory really made me like his character tbh he’s just a guy with powers to see ghost he never asked for it, and the biggest takeaway from this episode was seeing Tonari March and Gugu they’ve been following Fushi this whole entire time🥺🥺🥺🥹
Nov 13, 2022 7:28 PM

Nov 2013
Another great installment in the greatest anime ever. But what's with the changing faces of Fushi? When he's riding on the horse, he looks like a character from another anime. The new studio still hasn't mastered how to render Fushi's face.
Nov 13, 2022 8:12 PM

Jul 2019
Ooh! I really like this new development. Not only do we get confirmation that all the "friends" fushi has made are actually their and following him (we kinda got hints about that last season) but now we also have someone who can see, and interact with them? This is the first time since the end of the Gugu arc, that I have been genuinely looking forward to what happens next.
Nov 13, 2022 8:55 PM

Jul 2016
And here I thought Bon was just mentally ill. Dude's seriously like the boy from Sixth Sense.
No idea why Tonari's spirit would visit him tho. Maybe she wants him and Fushi to become friends so that once Bon dies, Fushi can obtain his ability to interact with the dead. Hence being able to talk with his dead friends again.
Nov 13, 2022 9:54 PM
Mar 2020
feels like the season is finally starting. gooddog niccoli actually has something useful to give fushi by dying.
Nov 13, 2022 10:16 PM

May 2020
The guy Todo looks like the one Bon loved. Wonder what that is.

So, Bon can see spirits. To be more specific, fye. Tonari has been visiting him since childhood and narrating stories about Fushi to him.

Intriguing Bon easily recognised Fushi, because of all those fye that’s been following him, including Tonari. Thereby making Fushi have the biggest “shadow”.

Interested to know what Bon wants to do by accompanying Fushi in his travels.
Nov 13, 2022 11:25 PM

Jan 2018
This episode was a bit more concise than the past episodes. Hopefully the anime will keep this up.

Bon is getting interesting.
Nov 14, 2022 12:10 AM

Mar 2012
Perhaps this is me being just a little over-sensitive, but I actually thought this was one of the best episodes of the season so far and to be completely honest, with how morbidly depressing this show has been, I’ll gladly take an episode that provides some levity by showing Bon’s back story and the explanation to his personality quirks. I see so many people complaining about this episode when IMO, sometimes you need to take a step back and let things simmer…especially when the first two episodes of this season did a 200-year speed run that left some less than desirable results.

I actually found it super interesting that not only can he see spirits, but he sees that Fushi is being followed by the spirits he built close relationships to in the past. I’m a little curious if or how Bon will eventually break that to Fushi…or if Fushi can even understand the concept of spirits.
Nov 14, 2022 4:42 AM
Jul 2020
Bonchein is even more interesting after this backstory. He seems to be a character who is extremely sensitive in some ways and extremely out of touch in others. Really looking forward to seeing whatever direction the author took him.
Nov 14, 2022 6:35 AM
Jul 2017
Todo... I already have a bad feeling...
So he can see ghosts?
omg Pokoa is too cute I can't...
I thought Bon was sus, then good, then sus again...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Mar 12, 2023

178 by HiGHFLYiN9 »»
May 18, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2023

109 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 12, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Feb 26, 2023

82 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 12, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2023

132 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 12, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2023

66 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 12, 3:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.