Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 12, 2022 8:30 AM

Jul 2017
The OP is truly artistic and playful, I like it! Nice ED between Serufu and Takumi too.

Serufu has joined the DIY Club, but Miku is not happy about it, the comparison between old and new in a world that is advancing through AI. Forget about Miku, Serufu is blissful at the thought that her name was perfect for the DIY moniker, and through her classmate Takumi Hikage, Takumin gets to see the DIY Club for the first time.

With inspiration from a work, trying to turn the DIY Club into whatever Takumi envisions it, but only based on the materials that they have on hand, starting from the club sign. Rei wants to make a ski bench, and it takes both her and Serufu to assemble the bench, plus Serufu's usual hijinks of dangerous craftsmanship (which ironically enough is fun to watch). Miku, keep getting jealous that Serufu has friends around her with that pout face.

For Takumi, this is her character growth, for the closed closet that she is, she's ready to take a step out by joining the DIY club, with Serufu and Rei thinking that she was already part of it.

Nice, keep the moments coming! And a rich, entitied girl's here...
KANLen09Oct 15, 2022 5:58 AM
Oct 12, 2022 8:48 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Very cute and charming OP.

Oct 12, 2022 9:07 AM

Feb 2020
Another comfy and funny episode.

Lol at Miku's pout face. I got a new one to my collection.

Cool bench. Takumi did a very good job with the club sign. Well done, girls!

Welcome to the club, Takumi!

Nice OP/ED. The ED is especially cute. :3

SerafosOct 13, 2022 7:46 AM
Oct 12, 2022 9:16 AM

Apr 2010
Looks like Pudding is jealous an obsessed with automatisation, she seems to be forgetting the even if something is automatic someone still needs to build and maintain it.
Anyway the main still isn't good with powertools and the club leader is aware of it seeing how she looked at the tools she should give her.
It also looks like the are some others who are interested in the club.
Oct 12, 2022 10:35 AM

Apr 2016
Those definitely not, amazon flying drones surely are giving away the message this show is trying to tell us, don't they, it's almost impossible to miss, and it only has been a second episode. Also, the english teacher needs her own spin-off and a movie.
Oct 12, 2022 10:39 AM

Feb 2019
Another very adorable and relaxing episode. The bench the girls made turned out great and it’s funny seeing the president actually have a little cutesy side. Who would’ve thought she’d read Himashou lol

Another member of the DIY club and we’re already over halfway to the club becoming legit! Hopefully Yua’s friend gets over
self and joins soon

Love the ed too
Oct 12, 2022 10:46 AM

Jul 2022
Not a bed 2nd ep! Loving the chill vibe.
Oct 12, 2022 10:50 AM

Dec 2015
Purin's reason for being into tech is so humans won't have to do anything. In other words, wanting to make the world safer for Yua. How nice.

Speaking of Purin, I'm curious how she got that nickname (🍮?).
Hopefully Yua stays away from the power tools going forward. Maybe she can do small stuff or painting.

Tried looking up the book on Bookmeter and Bookwalker but I guess it is just a part of the story ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
hai_X_isOct 12, 2022 11:03 AM
Oct 12, 2022 10:51 AM

Apr 2014
Cute episode, and the club also got its new member, as well as, a new bench and a new club sign.
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 12, 2022 11:30 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Likely my favourite member arriving for next episode, she looks like the most fun out of the group.

Heartwarming entry into the DIY club for Takumi.
Oct 12, 2022 11:31 AM

Mar 2020
I swear, the older I get, the more I enjoy a good slice of life. Something about this just makes me smile all the way through. The chill music, the art style, everything just encompasses a sense of peacefulness, and I love it so much. The three DIY club members are just pure awesomeness and bundles of joy. I really wish we had an episode every day instead of every week...
Oct 12, 2022 11:31 AM

Sep 2012
Another adorable, cute, relaxing episode. I think it will be one of my tops, rly funny to watch and my girl appeared finally at the end of episode :D
Oct 12, 2022 11:48 AM

Feb 2022
after a long college work watching this makes me feel good.
Oct 12, 2022 11:49 AM
Aug 2019
I watched Mob psycho episode 2 first and during that I was really happy that Diy was still left. That must mean something! 😁

Relaxed and cozy episode. Anyone else thinking that pudding is having a crush on main?
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Takumi is really cute and decorating the club room was a good idea, I like how they made that bench, and finally Takumi joined them, now Miku needs to be more serious about her feelings and that blond girl is finally joining the school hmm

Feb 2020
Like the first episode, the second one gives us good vibes again. It's interesting to see how the protagonist's childhood friend is jealous and extremely stubborn at the same time. The art style remains extraordinary, and you can notice that the story is beginning to roll. It seems to be a straight forward comfy anime. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
My candies:
Oct 12, 2022 11:54 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Also Serufu cracked me up with her repeated use of the DIY pun, she really latched on to this one xD
Oct 12, 2022 12:00 PM

Feb 2021
After the first episode this series continues to amuse me with its chill and relaxed mood. The art style fits perfectly.
Oct 12, 2022 12:04 PM

Nov 2016
The angelic outro they even managed to add original visuals unlike CSM lmao

This show is such a blissful vibe 😌

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 12, 2022 12:06 PM

Mar 2021
Another great episode, Takumi is such a cutie and its great to see her join the DIY club.

The ED is awesome
Oct 12, 2022 12:13 PM

Dec 2013
Purin needs to be more honest with her feelings but even then Yua knows how much she loves her, the new character next episode seems to be super interesting.
Oct 12, 2022 12:34 PM
Feb 2018
love the episode thankfully yasaka understands serufu clumsy nature or this go from slice of life to horror real quick. glad takumin joined she seem happy having friends to do stuff with
Oct 12, 2022 12:45 PM

Jul 2011
Aren't the girls having way too many english classes? The english teacher is beautiful, but still.

Oct 12, 2022 1:30 PM
Feb 2018
Gardening club was giving flowers away, so I thought they would make some furniture for the school.
Instead, she decided to make the club house look cute. What is this thought process?!
Oct 12, 2022 1:54 PM

Feb 2014
Yua has become addicted to saying her name as a DIY abbreviation many times. I don't mind her saying this many times as she's so cute when she does it. =3

While she isn't having much success with Mika, Yua was able to get Takumi involved with the DIY club and upon making a new sign of the club and seeing the competition of the ski bench, it finally helped her to cross that line and finally joined the DIY club proper. As a result, she looks much happier than she did before.

As before, the OP song is always super catchy, but the visuals and animation help to make the whole viewing experience even more cutesy and relaxing. Definitely one of my favourite OP of the season so far!

Once again, this was another comfy and satisfying episode. I look forward to seeing more of the petite blonde girl who made her appearance at the end, emerging from that huge limo.
Oct 12, 2022 1:55 PM
Sep 2022
It's light, fun and relaxing. And you can learns someting I guess.
Oct 12, 2022 2:21 PM

May 2020
I’m rly enjoying this love the characters and their interactions, Takumin is so precious
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Oct 12, 2022 2:21 PM

Apr 2022
i'm glad i didn't drop this. the first ep had some issues that made me hesitant, but this ep pretty much resolved all of them. music is better, bad gag-comedy is gone, drama is less omnipresent. hopefully this show manages to keep the sol theme nice and warm as more characters start showing up
Oct 12, 2022 2:45 PM

Sep 2020
I loved the OP!!
CGDCT generally isn't my cup of tea, but this one sure is fun
Nino is the objectively superior one, don't @ me
Oct 12, 2022 2:50 PM

Dec 2016
As someone that consumes CGDCT shows as if they were a bag of cheetos, I feel quite disapointed in this show.

I like dojiko characters (Yui from K-ON! is one of my favorite girls from this archtype) But Yua is just way too dense in all aspects (regarding how her close friends feel about her or how she just mumbles stuff from her inner world with no perception of her actual surroundings).

I feel indiferent towards Takumin, her archtype has always been just "decor" to me.

Purin is probably another kind of annoyance for me. I love tsunderes, but so far it's all been "tsun" on her regarding Yua or pretty much anything else.

Yasaku is pretty much the saving grace for the show in my humble opinion, and it's a shame there's so little of her and mostly she fills in the "know it all" stereotype.

I still have hope on the rest of the cast though, and also hoping Purin balances her tsun acts, along with having a more ample perception of how the world works on the long run.
Oct 12, 2022 2:55 PM

Oct 2016
did the ED implied that they use the pig as a basis for a guitar or am i imagining things? lmao

aside from garbage tier tsundere Purin, this show is very enjoyable
Oct 12, 2022 2:57 PM

Oct 2022
the opening is so cute!!! its such a cute anime i love it sm ♡♡
Oct 12, 2022 3:03 PM

Jul 2017
The content with improving on the new sign and bench were decent and the episode was a little better than the first one, but I'm still so sleepy and bored watching Serufu and the other characters except Yasaku so far. Cardboard's got more personality than most of the cast members so far, which can make 20 minutes feel like 2 hours to get through (the Yua-Serufu repetition was painful to sit through though, ran her name as a pun to the ground already). The first episode felt a bit worse for me but a lot of those dragged out feelings still applied here which is a shame. Visuals do look lively when the series is in DIY action.

I had a little bit of interest in this because of the DIY setting before this show aired, and while that element isn't too bad alongside the visuals, the rest of this show is extremely lacking in any kind of personality or freshness in such a limited amount of time already. Yasaku's dope but her character doesn't give off vibes of much room to grow for the time being, the others are a mix of annoying and incredibly dull to watch with no chemistry or refreshing dynamics to play off whatsoever (Purin and Serufu in particular). Bocchi was a pleasant surprise with the premiere for a guy that normally dislikes CGDCT shows, but this show's pretty much been in line with a lot of the other CGDCT shows I've seen. A real shame to be honest. More focus on the DIY stuff and less on the spacey humor and thoughts would improve this by a fraction but I don't see much potential in this for me.
Oct 12, 2022 3:19 PM

May 2022
The opening and ending themes are wonderful. I'm so happy I found DIY! It makes me so happy!
Oct 12, 2022 3:26 PM
Jul 2021
wondering if this came from a manga or is it an original anime?
Oct 12, 2022 3:52 PM
Jan 2021
RICH KID INCOMING!!!! WATCH OUT.
Oct 12, 2022 3:54 PM

Sep 2018
Another decent episode, wanting more interaction between Yua and her childhood friend though.
Oct 12, 2022 4:45 PM

Apr 2022
This anime is so cute and comfy! From the OP to the ED to everything in between.

Speaking of those, I like both. The ED is especially comfy.

But in this episode, a bench is finally made! As well as a proper sign for the DIY club, courtesy of Takumi, who is introduced to the club in this episode. She seems to be the standard shy girl archetype, but it works. Her excitement about being invited to something, and entrusted with something was nice to see.

But this anime continues to be cute and wholesome, and it makes me happy. :3
Oct 12, 2022 5:04 PM

Sep 2016
Great episode, so relaxing and I like the interactions between the characters.
;

This Life. This Night. Your Story. Your Pain. Your Hope. It matters. All of it matters.

;

Oct 12, 2022 5:17 PM
Jun 2021
beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!
Oct 12, 2022 5:20 PM

Nov 2016
Really enjoy how Takumi is introduced to the club in this ep! i really like the undertones of the hair and the seemingly random colors that correlate with each character! Miku is a bitch but, i look forward to seeing how her character maybe learns to stop being a bitch
Oct 12, 2022 5:29 PM

Jan 2022
It's even better than episode 1, wholesomeness x1000
I like everything, ok
Oct 12, 2022 5:44 PM
Aug 2021
bem sinpatico muito calmo
Oct 12, 2022 5:48 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This show is maximum comfy so far, loved seeing the process of building the ski bench as well as Takumi making her sign, looked super fun and chill. And lol at the end where they thought Takumi was already in the club lol, like she basically was. I also loved Serufu’s idea for a DIY cafe, I need it now lol. And poor Miku locked in her future bus, she wants to be out there with them deep inside, her character development is gonna be a sight to see.

And loved those OP visuals, looked so damn good, and that ED is already a favorite of mine this season, loved the focus on the pets and the song is just *chef’s kiss*
Oct 12, 2022 6:04 PM

Apr 2020
THIS ANIME IS SO CUTE. I watch with a smile on my face.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Oct 12, 2022 6:34 PM

Dec 2018
A strong candidate to be the hidden gem of the season, also what an extremely cute Ending <3
Oct 12, 2022 6:49 PM

Feb 2019
PrecureHunter said:
did the ED implied that they use the pig as a basis for a guitar or am i imagining things? lmao

Well... if we realize that this season is also giving us a 'pig' used as a chainsaw, this might be as well be 'canon' in DIY... ;)
Oct 12, 2022 6:58 PM

Jan 2020
Serufu might legitimately die before this season ends. It seemed smart of Rei to not put the saw in her hands.

The discussion with Serufu and her mom, talking about how benches wouldn't like to be atop of another was fun. In general, Serufu's quirkiness is amusing. Perhaps because I can relate to asking people random stuff, without any context, like, "What's better? Skis or snowboards?"

I am a little surprised Takumi joined the club, since she's more of a bookworm. But, all's well that ends well. She did a good job on the sign.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Oct 12, 2022 7:09 PM

Jan 2011
I can understand some people's annoyance with Serafu, but I find her endearing. Maybe it's because I am also dumb and clumsy and used to have bitchy friends.

Takumi seems to have a lot of underlying emotional issues. She's lucky the other two are so caught up in their own things that they don't notice.

Also, the scene where Rei recognized Sunflower Girls was cute. I'm kind of already shipping her and Takumi...
Oct 12, 2022 7:15 PM
Mar 2015
They did it themselves
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do It Yourself!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 21, 2022

141 by Puncheon »»
May 21, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Do It Yourself!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2022

240 by The-Black-Terror »»
May 1, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Do It Yourself!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 26, 2022

106 by ANDRZEJ11121 »»
Dec 11, 2023 12:38 PM

Poll: » Do It Yourself!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 14, 2022

62 by HanamiDango »»
Oct 15, 2023 2:05 AM

Poll: » Do It Yourself!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 16, 2022

86 by HanamiDango »»
Sep 30, 2023 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.