Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Blue Lock
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 8, 2022 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
This was such an intense episode, not just for the soccer game but also the way the characters focused on their play styles.

Yoichi made quite an impression imo and hopefully his gameplay can improve. Nagi also make an appearance along with many others. Seems the anime introduced the overall mood and setting for a competitive environment for all these players.

Not going to lie, Ego creeps me out a bit and seems a lot less normal compared to others.
Stark700Oct 8, 2022 10:53 AM

Jun 2019
One of the most anticipated adaptations of this year and as the fans say, it is one of the best football manga adaptations. So, I wasn't gonna miss this. I didn't get the chance to watch Ao Ashi this year which was very good apparently. But, for now, let's focus on Blue Lock. Looks like Japan is desperate to improve its football performance by training some 300 elite players in a facility called 'Blue Lock' and then pulling out the best striker among them. Idk man... make one player the best and don't give a fuck about others on the team. I'm more of a team player.

The art style is very amazing. And, the animation looks great as well. Also, the OST is really good. I'm glad 8bit chose to do this show because they are very good. Very impressed. Though, in sports shows, I like realism. I hope it follows that path. And, I wanna see the growth of everyone. Really excited about this show. Great start.

Btw, Yoichi's mum is really cute. And, sleeping Bachira. LUL

Jul 2017
The Beginning of the Blue Lock is finally here: Muneyuki Kaneshiro and Yusuke Nomura's masterpiece soccer manga that has been making waves in Kodansha's Shonen Magazine, has finally hit the small screen after Shogakugan's Ao Ashi.

Isagi Yoichi is the main MC in a team that fought as hard but didn't make it past the qualifier stage, for someone who wants to be like the Frenchman Noel Noa making it to the World Cup stage. But a secret invitation to the Japan Football Union with Ryosuke Kira and other players that look like the fit, and Jinpachi Ego is the spokeperson to refine all 300 strikers to become the world's greatest striker in this facility called Blue Lock, with unreasonable demands to make the objective happen: EGO, NOTHING BUT THE EGOIST. Beat 300 strikers to be the world's best, and abandon all common sense for they are stars alone, and Isahi may have found his one and only purpose to spawn ahead.

Grueling training will reward players no matter how batshit insane it can go, and this first game of "tag" will prove if they have the skills to remain competitive, in fiercely 136 seconds. Leading to Kira, what would be his fate in the seconds towards countdown to zero?

This is studio 8bit's very first foray at a sports show, and this sets an impressive start for the long 6 months that this will be coming to us. Hoping it does live up to the potential, if Episode 1 already is going all-out like this, which is great.
KANLen09Oct 14, 2022 6:50 PM

May 2020
It's no hidden fact that japanese aren't good at football like the way europeans or latin americans are. That in itself means on an international stage, in World cup they're as good as sending their team just to fill the quota for the total participants, sadly.

Though people dream, so is our main dude, Isagi Yoichi. But with his dreams aiming for acing World cup, dude just didn't make the cut for high school nationals, surprisingly. But hey japan's aiming for World cup, so these things barely matter. Now the question is how? Enter Jinpachi Ego with this japan exclusive facility "Blue Lock". Well in simpler terms he wants to make a team capable of winning World cup, and to win what they need is that “best striker”, cuz he believes even if the ones at midfield or defending are no more than kids, the striker will win him matches anyways. Blue Lock will hone skills of these 300 chosen ones to make them that best striker, and of course our dude is one those chosen ones too.

To the people expecting some hardcore football, no that won’t be the case here. The athleticism or the kind of quirky characters we’ve in this series, that’s not the way we play football, atleast on this planet. But still it’s damn engaging like how that one on one game we had in the last few moments. Also Kamiya Hiroshi rocking the role of Ego.
Oct 8, 2022 10:03 AM

Jul 2017
I always waiting for this to be release, and now i can sleep for the rest of the day
im not too good to speak english

.. -- / -. --- - / - --- --- / --. --- --- -.. / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / . -. --. .-.. .. ... ....

Oct 8, 2022 10:04 AM

Jun 2014
I've heard plenty of good things about this so it was definitely one of the hottest Fall anime on my radar. Boy that first episode didn't disappoint. It left a very good first impression and I can tell just based on those last few minutes of the episode in the training room that this is going to be a crazy ride for the next 6 months.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 8, 2022 10:13 AM

Jan 2021
I am really liking the feel of this anime, we got a little teaser at the beginning just giving a small taste of what's to come and I can see myself coming to love this show in the future.

Everything so far is good, art style is great, production looks nice, the soundtrack ain't too bad and the main character Yoichi seems like a dude with a great personality.

Hiroshi Kamiya really steals the show for me this episode though, his voice suits Jinpachi so damn well and every time he says STRIKER!!! it's epic, maybe that's his catchphrase or something, that unnecessary swag in the way he says it is epic as well lmao

Kunigame is also another character I think I'll come to like, he seems like the usual hotheaded one of the group but chill to hang with probably.

The episode ended off with a crazy shot after Yoichi kicked the ball down central

So far this is an amazingly intriguing show and I'm pumped to see what comes next.

Oct 8, 2022 10:19 AM

Apr 2018
Blue Lock flips the themes of football and focuses on individual aspects of the player instead of your usual friendship and teamwork. Isagi's finally here and the first death match started. Most of the characters got introduced who will play a big role in the anime too. Every one of them has a great VA that fits them perfectly. An incredible first episode and the animation is well done.
Also people shouldn't expect some mindfuck tactics and great teamwork. I feel like Blue Lock just gets you hyped up with its craziness.
SideCharacterKalOct 8, 2022 10:23 AM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 8, 2022 10:30 AM

May 2020
I was waiting for this to air
manga readers kept saying it's one of the best new-gen sports manga

this ep was really good
the match of tag was intense
Homura24Oct 9, 2022 4:00 AM

Oct 8, 2022 10:34 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The only thing I was waiting to see was the OP and its soooo good TwT That part where it focuses on Bachira was sick too

But based off of what I saw from the AX event, I knew that this series was getting the love it deserved adaptation and animation wise, so I can't wait to see more

This is my favorite ongoing manga atm so I hope that the manga gains more hype and attention too
Oct 8, 2022 10:35 AM
Jan 2021
8bit didnt disappointed with this first episode and looking forward how they will adapted
Also opening is banger
Oct 8, 2022 10:36 AM
Apr 2022
Tokoya said:
The only thing I was waiting to see was the OP and its soooo good TwT That part where it focuses on Bachira was sick too

But based off of what I saw from the CR event, I knew that this series was getting the love it deserved adaptation and animation wise, so I can't wait to see more

This is my favorite ongoing manga atm so I hope that the manga gains more hype and attention too
yes cuz Blue Lock big marketing 1 scene fail = rant for 8bit
Oct 8, 2022 10:37 AM
Jan 2019
time to buy volume 1
Oct 8, 2022 10:38 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
lehuy0210 said:
Tokoya said:

But based off of what I saw from the CR event, I knew that this series was getting the love it deserved adaptation and animation wise, so I can't wait to see more

yes cuz Blue Lock big marketing 1 scene fail = rant for 8bit
My only worry is if they'll be able to keep up this level of animation /production throughout the whole thing
Oct 8, 2022 10:41 AM

Jan 2021
First episode and I'm not disappointed. I quite like the animation

Abandon teamwork and embrace the ego. Super interesting proposal especially for a country like Japan 0.0

I really like Meguru, now to wait for next week, if it continues like this, it will be a TOP anime for sure
Oct 8, 2022 10:52 AM

Nov 2016
Let's go! Art, voice acting, Ost, INTENSITY, looks like a great adaptation across the board so far. For those who thought Ao Ashi wasn't unorthohodox nor wild enough, this will definitely meet your needs. This might become the biggest sports hit since Run with the Wind tbh. Speaking of which, UNISON SQUARE GARDEN for the opening makes me feel nostalgic. As a sports anime fan I couldn't be more pleased.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 8, 2022 10:58 AM

Mar 2021
Really exceeded my expectations.... never expected this animation from 8 bit. I wish they give this same quality through out the 24 episodes

If it looks like I stand no chance I’ll run away and think up a new plan, but otherwise, I should see how strong it is with my own eyes, right?

Oct 8, 2022 11:02 AM
Nov 2019
This ep was crazy good holy everything 10/10 show calling it now
Oct 8, 2022 11:07 AM

Jul 2012
Interesting first episode. I like all of the characters so far. The music was great too. But what a double twist at the end there. Can't wait to see where this story goes.
Oct 8, 2022 11:07 AM
Jan 2018
Banger episode. The color palette is too vibrant for my liking but regardless I'm gonna let it pass considering how expressive the Art is. Music is great which is very essential for me. This one I'll be watching weekly I guess.
Bhaskar_SinghOct 8, 2022 11:14 AM
Subjectivity is a joke on MAL. If you implicitly bring in subjectivity in your counter argument, you've already lost the debate. Also this website is a fankid infestation , have pity on those kids by ignoring there quotes as they have absolutely no clue what exactly is going on.
Oct 8, 2022 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
this was such a hyped first episode. I've been following the manga and was dreaming of the day I'd be able to watch this.
Oct 8, 2022 11:08 AM
Apr 2021
PEAK LOCK IS FINALLY HERE but fr tho this first episode had some AMAZING art my god can’t wait for the next episodes😩😮‍💨🔥🔥🔥
Oct 8, 2022 11:10 AM
Sep 2015
The animation quality is top notch, even though the previous season had Ao Ashi which already has high production value, but Blue Lock even exceed that.

But I question every principle I found in Blue Lock. Yes, Japan doesn't win a World Cup yet, and yes, it needs a revolution in a systemetic level, but soccer can be played in more than one way. Narcissistic quotations from soccer superstars look nice on paper, but there are also many GOAT strikers that value teamwork.

But honestly I couldn't be more care less about soccer. Ao Ashi might nail the principle of soccer right, but it doesn't have 300 highschool boys in a skintight suit locked in the same place. Blue Lock has.

Oh, talking about "Lock Off", I just realized that it's a play on the word "Log Off", but change Log to Lock as in Blue Lock, nice play here.
Oct 8, 2022 11:11 AM

Jan 2021
That final strike was too cold I really like the suspense and intensity
Oct 8, 2022 11:13 AM

Oct 2017
Quite an unique setting for a sports anime, hopefully the adaptation will be done right.
Oct 8, 2022 11:16 AM
Jul 2022
jesus christ i am shocked at how good this actually is , im actually going to watch all of this
Oct 8, 2022 11:19 AM
Aug 2022
sheesh that guy with the glasses was creepy as hell but the last minutes of the episode were fire
Oct 8, 2022 11:20 AM
Feb 2022
Didnt expect this to be a 10/10
Oct 8, 2022 11:21 AM

Dec 2019
That was amazing holy hell that ep felt like 2 mins lol

I finally get to see one of my favorite mangas adapted
Oct 8, 2022 11:28 AM
May 2021
Lets fckn goo!!! 🔥🔥 Goosebumps already & its only ep1 😈
Oct 8, 2022 11:29 AM

Aug 2020
3/5

*non manga reader

First of all, as a lifelong Football fanatic ive always wanted to to experience a decent football anime and the general premise of this series has me already hooked. Looks like it's not going to be your goody goody "Friendship & teamwork bests all" troped series that I'm tired of constantly seeing in sports anime or anime in general. A straight de-construction of the genre from the get-go... Love it!!

The animation and music have yet to amaze me and while it's just the first episode, there are rooms for improvement. CGI is a bit janky at first but smoothes out in later scenes. The characters are yet to be properly integrated but the protagonist is relatable. Loved the little references sprinkled throughout the episode of some famous real
-life football legends (Cantona is a c**t tho)

All in All, a decent start
2Birds1StonedOct 8, 2022 5:15 PM
Oct 8, 2022 11:35 AM
Dec 2019
IT SO FRICKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
Oct 8, 2022 11:37 AM
Jan 2022
this is actually so good…love it already!!
Oct 8, 2022 11:37 AM

Feb 2013
Sorry, but this is not my cup of tea. I'm more into sports anime that focus on team work like Haikyuu. If anyone else feels the same way I recommend watching Ao Ashi. It's an amazing soccer/football anime
Oct 8, 2022 11:38 AM

Mar 2021
Gotta love how hard the animators went on the final tag scene. Really impressive stuff. Can't wait for the rest.
Oct 8, 2022 11:41 AM

Jul 2019
Haven't seen enough sport anime, animation looked weird at first but became way better in tag challenge.
They nicely kept the manga's art style, love to see it.
The VAs, I love their choice of VA, everything sound perfect. Solid episode and pretty faithful to the manga
Oct 8, 2022 11:44 AM

Jul 2019
Pyoung said:
Sorry, but this is not my cup of tea. I'm more into sports anime that focus on team work like Haikyuu. If anyone else feels the same way I recommend watching Ao Ashi. It's an amazing soccer/football anime

Finally, an Ao Ashi fan who doesn't hate on BL just because it's not their preference for a football anime.
Oct 8, 2022 11:44 AM

Sep 2020
holy fckin shit! I'm on the hype train. csm and blue lock will feed me fr
One Piece Episodes 1018 & 1027 were a mistake and 1033 brought salvation. -DrippySid

Oct 8, 2022 11:47 AM

Feb 2021
EDGY SOCCER ANIME I'M ALL HERE FOR IT.

It's kinda funny that as a life long soccer fan I have never watched a single soccer anime in my life, but this is the first one and I already love it.

Not sure if those quotes were real tho, like I don't think Pele ever said that.
Oct 8, 2022 11:48 AM
Nov 2020
The animation is beautiful and the soundtrack is so so catchy. They made Bachira even cooler in the anime wow?!
Oct 8, 2022 11:50 AM
Sep 2022
all i can say is peak
Oct 8, 2022 11:52 AM
May 2022
The first episode was fire honestly it was so intense you could feel the emotion been waiting for this and I'm not disappoint it met my expectations i love it
Oct 8, 2022 11:52 AM

Sep 2020
Let's goooo. Anime onlies are not ready for this. I really like the art, very sharp and even makes Igaguri look better lmao. The two characters that stood out the most were Isagi and Bachira. Bachira is the crazy instigator that started that mess and Isagi made the bold and correct decision to go for Kira there. This is not the time to take the safe route again.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Oct 8, 2022 11:55 AM

Apr 2022
cool first ep. i cant really tell where this show will go (but unpredictability is a plus), so i'm quite interested
Oct 8, 2022 11:56 AM

Nov 2011
Meh. Felt very generic and bland. Although everything Jinpachi said about Japanese soccer is accurate.

Surprised they used Germany as their team in the world cup.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 8, 2022 11:57 AM
Apr 2017
Looks great :) as a manga reader, I'm impressed. The OP is fire. The important scenes are animated very well, looks almost identical to the manga! What a treat this season is :D
Oct 8, 2022 11:57 AM

Apr 2014
A battle royale for the greatest egoist in the world. Because that's what makes the best striker in the world. And such a striker is desperately needed for the Japanese national team. An fun concept to explore. The series takes itself seriously and that makes it even more fun.

The style of showing the determination in the eyes is awesome, as that usually fits more with the fighting series out there but suits this crazy idea here. And of course I like the fact that the German national team is in the World Cup final, which they should imagine. Promising start.
Oct 8, 2022 11:59 AM

Jul 2020
Okay, so this is basically reverse Ao Ashi. Unrealistic and over-the-top with an individualistic outlook, compared to Ao Ashi’s realistic and grounded, with a focus on teamplay. Pretty interesting so far, but I also agree with the character who exclaimed, “This isn’t soccer!” I’m gonna keep watching, not for the soccer, but rather for all the craziness this series seems to have.

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Oct 8, 2022 12:05 PM

Oct 2021
i love this color scheme so much.
Oct 8, 2022 12:07 PM
Jun 2022
Absolutely fantastic. Setting the bar super high right out of the gate
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2023

343 by bubba460z »»
May 25, 4:07 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2022

223 by rahneyskies »»
May 20, 2:15 PM

» Why is it a power point?

Leon888 - May 14

46 by Kaitaka12 »»
May 16, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2023

130 by Cammell »»
May 9, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2022

184 by Cammell »»
May 8, 3:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.