Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 4 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 11, 2022 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
The Xeno species is quite interesting...and looks like Bell got lucky when one of them becomes his new friend. That mermaid girl Marie seems kinda immature but trusts Bell alot when she just met him.

I guess the 25th floor really is full of surprises.
Aug 11, 2022 7:35 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty solid ep.

Marie is pretty damn cute but sucks she's typically alone due to being a mermaid. Nice that she was quick in wanting to help Bell after some convincing.

I like how the rest of the group is pretty capable of holding their own without Bell, even in the tightest of situations. The Moss Huge still looks goofy imo but he's clearly not to be messed with.

am lookin forward to the next ep.
Aug 11, 2022 7:35 AM

Aug 2020
shortest episode i watched..can't wait for next week :3

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Aug 11, 2022 7:38 AM
Jun 2020
"Comedy" is back, with those sex "jokes". Yeah... 😓
Aug 11, 2022 7:47 AM
Oct 2019
Argevista Next episode will be the best in danmachi
Aug 11, 2022 7:56 AM

Oct 2017
Really intense episode with lots of action and damn that cliffhanger. Also Marie's adorable.
Aug 11, 2022 8:02 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They continue doing a solid adaptation with this. Loved the voice effect they used for Mari's siren call and how they animated Mikoto's special attack.
Next episode is going to be a banger
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 11, 2022 8:03 AM

Jul 2020
These cliffhangers at the end of every episode really piss me off lol.
Aug 11, 2022 8:04 AM

Apr 2010
Bell being shy was funny to watch but there is a part where he has to grow up and overcome that,
Mari didn't really seem to car tho which was funny in it's own way.

Still the other group is facing a lot of problems and the question is will they be able to overcome them seeing the green monster is also after them.
Lets just hope Bell meets up with them soon so that they can work together.
Aug 11, 2022 8:09 AM
May 2021
A not bad episode.
This episode kinda weak compared to the first 3 episodes but still an amazing episode.
And we have finally come to the climax of season 4.

According to the light novels, next episode should be one of the best anime episodes of Summer 2022.

8.5/10 for this episode.
Aug 11, 2022 8:33 AM
Jan 2022
kset280 said:
A not bad episode.
This episode kinda weak compared to the first 3 episodes but still an amazing episode.

According to the light novels, next episode should be one of the best anime episodes of Summer 2022.

8.5/10 for this episode.

it's a stretch, the most important part is how the studio will animate that episode after all, hoping it has good animation tho.
Aug 11, 2022 8:50 AM
Apr 2021
Yet another weak character that Bell has to protect somehow...how interesting...
Aug 11, 2022 9:14 AM

May 2020
I really like just how quick Bell can get acquainted with any girl, like really only a seasoned harem protag is capable of such feats.

Anyways the action department doing good as usual.
Aug 11, 2022 9:14 AM

Feb 2019
No way that was 23 minutes??

Another AMAZING Danmachi episode omg. Marie is insanely adorable. Another waifu added to the harem in almost record time lol.

Proud of Bell’s party for being able to hold off the monster party for as long as they did. As good as today was, next week is what I’m most hype for. Should be one of the best episodes of the season if done properly.
Aug 11, 2022 9:29 AM

Jul 2017
So...just like Haruhime and Wiene with every introductory season of DanMachi, the mermaid Xenos Marie has got to be the most intriguing female yet for Bell's eyes. Open body boobs, of course being like The Little Mermaid's Ariel, and also him being able to princess carry her because it fits.

Presumably, Marie is more than just the average Bell's signature of the "damsel in distress", and that her lifeblood is an instant healing, which works insta-well. But the Moss Huge is a walking stronghold of a disaster-Enhanced monster, and Bell's antics actually bode well for the rest of the party down to specific weaknesses.

Marie clearly has the knowledge of the Xenos, yet for a mermaid, she's really stuck in the Great Falls and being alone for most of her life, other than monsters like the Moss Huge wrecking the surrounding peace. Right from the get-go, Marie's usefulness definitely was a godsend, such as with her mermaid voice helping Bell etch a way back while the rest navigate through the Moss Huge's composing of a pass parade surrounding the party that's more than capable without its leader, which is at their most toughest battle yet.

While Mikoto's special attack is none short of less than superb, it's Haruhime's power learnt from Aisha that'll determine what'll get them out of that monster party, and I CAN'T be more excited enough. A slow episode, but I don't mind this long-ass season taking its time.

Aug 11, 2022 9:38 AM
Jul 2021
I am sure, I am not the only one who thoughts this season is really getting better, or simply awesome, enjoyed every minutes, most importantly, i think it captures what ln needed to be conveyed through animation. Looking forward to Argo Vesta next week ^^
Aug 11, 2022 9:41 AM
May 2021
MnMm07 said:
kset280 said:
A not bad episode.

8.5/10 for this episode.

it's a stretch, the most important part is how the studio will animate that episode after all, hoping it has good animation tho.

J.C.Staff can do amazing animation.
They're just teasing us.

Railgun T has movie quality Animation.
Aug 11, 2022 9:45 AM
Jan 2022
kset280 said:
MnMm07 said:

J.C.Staff can do amazing animation.
They're just teasing us.

Railgun T has movie quality Animation.

yeah but you know I just don't want to be disappointed, bcs this season they have to make 22 eps and the recent(last season) JC staff show has good animation (executioner Isekai), so i just concerned if it will affect to danmachi adaptation.
Aug 11, 2022 9:47 AM
Aug 2020
I normally wait till the seasons over and binge watch it. but this season has me waiting for each episode and watching it as soon as it comes out I think that says a lot right there
Aug 11, 2022 10:26 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was okay. Our party facing some nasty situations. As for Marie she is helping Bell out. I hope Bell shows up to kill that Moss creature. Like seriously.
Aug 11, 2022 10:33 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Fighting alone against so many and winning really was impressive. Really shows how far Bell has grown. Its also nice to see the xenos again as well. Marie is quite the demanding girl huh. This green troll really is turning out to be one hell of a menace. Since she's a mermaid Marie will be restricted to floors that have water after all. Damm the pass parade enhanced edition sure was daunting. Welf and Ouka make a formidable vanguard. Despite the excellent teamwork things sure escalated pretty quickly within the dungeon. Its unfortunate that they had to unveil her power in front of outsiders but without Haruhime's power they wouldn't survive here at all. Overall an excellent ep that balanced out lore expansion with Marie's intro and action via the assault on Bell's party by the green moss. Hopefully Bell would be able to rejoin them at some point.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2022 10:34 AM
Dec 2020
I hope next episode we have Bell rejoining his party and defeat the Moss monster but I suppose it won't be the case. So soon in the season ? I highly doubt it but I'm really curious to how it'll play out
Aug 11, 2022 10:47 AM

Jun 2021
I like that the first thing Bell noticed about Marie was that she was topless. He should change his nickname to Little Horndog lol. She even noticed the second time he perved on her and wore a bra haha. Marie is pretty adorable but the girl really into some weird finger play (sorry “healing”) though haha.

It’s a good thing Marie can use her mermaid song to get help from other monsters. That might be handy in facing this onslaught of damn crabs sent by this Moss Huge. The tricky big bastard is proving to be a real problem.

Man, the situation really does not look good for the team. They’re working together really well to hold these crabs off as best as they can but it’s not really gonna last for much longer. But Mikoto with that Zekka technique though, damn girl! Plus the heals really helped too. I’m really curious to see what Kokonoe does. If this is their last resort move it must be one hell of a technique.
Aug 11, 2022 10:56 AM

Jul 2015
They were licking Bell's balls last episode cuz he was breathing..
now in this episode.. Bell isn't even with them and they are still licking his balls..
Bell's ball licking never stops huh

Marie is a cutie.. and ofc she is head over heals for Bell cuz Bell can breathe in air..
Lets wait for next episode for Bell to reunite with the main team and solve all their problems by breathing in air..
10/10 s4..
Aug 11, 2022 11:23 AM

Apr 2018
Of course, any girl he meets outta nowhere trusts him completely without caring.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 11, 2022 11:29 AM

Nov 2016
Bruh 🔵ω cliffhanger

This episode really flew by and thankfully the party could show that it can carry it's weight(obviously)...not necessarily for us but for Aisha. The inner monologue where she gave everyone credit was needed after overpraising Bell so much.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 11, 2022 11:35 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I find it funny that Bell was embarrassed to see Marie's boobs even though he's used to seeing Hestia's big chest. I guess he's never seen a pair of naked boobies before. Marie agrees to help Bell to find his friends and the Moss Huge which is starting to become a pain in the ass. The rest of Bells party seems to be holding its own so far, but its only a matter of time before they get worn down and exhausted from fighting the horde of monsters.
Aug 11, 2022 12:11 PM
Aug 2022
marie was cute and the side character development done properly
Aug 11, 2022 12:43 PM

May 2018
Marie is top tier waifu UwU
Aug 11, 2022 12:57 PM

Jan 2009
so the mermaid is a Xenos too

Mikoto badass mode is awesome

Aisha still staying sexy

and Haruhime is gonna use his temporary leveling up skill for multiple target allies eh
Aug 11, 2022 1:00 PM
Jul 2019
They spend too much time showing Bell's embarrassment of that Xenos. Otherwise, this episode would be perfect.
Aug 11, 2022 1:26 PM
Dec 2011
It’s interesting the anime mentioned the Lower Floors safety point is 28th floor. This info was never stated in the novel.
Aug 11, 2022 1:44 PM

Jun 2015
Chop chop Bell. I come to watch you getting all bad ass and going wild! Although in fairness in the spirit of the title, he quite literally picked up a girl in the dungeon this time. And luckily for him, she clearly didnt mind!! Next episode pls!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 11, 2022 2:28 PM
Apr 2019
it was nice :D im liking this mermaid
Aug 11, 2022 2:39 PM
Aug 2022
Epic very epic!!!!
Aug 11, 2022 2:44 PM

Jun 2016
Great episode, as always.
Aug 11, 2022 3:04 PM

May 2022
Despite the figths are just static frames and the animation didn't got better, I'm enjoying watching this season and I can't believe how cute Marie is and how Bell can atract women to his group
Aug 11, 2022 5:06 PM
Apr 2019
Aside from Bell and Marie, I think we can all agree that Mikoto has been on point this season!
Aug 11, 2022 5:53 PM
Sep 2021
Anyone know when the dub eps are going to start rolloing out? Technically they've already released 5 eps if you count Ep 0, And most anime either start releasing Dubs once the 1-3 Sub Ep has come out, Starting to get a little worried!
Aug 11, 2022 6:49 PM
Dec 2021
for fucks sake. I hate cliffhangers but its still a top tier episode
Aug 11, 2022 7:03 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Just in few minutes in and this new mermaid Marie already be 100x more useful than a certain useless Goddess.
I like Bell and Marie's interactions :)

That green monster, he looks and act like HxH's chimera ants. Inhuman appearance but actually very cunning, cool :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Aug 11, 2022 7:05 PM

Nov 2011
Can't wait until Bell fights the Moss Huge.

Gotta laugh at Bell being embarrassed by Marie when Hestias tits are basically out all the time.

Fun episode though. Mikoto was already my second favorite girl in this anime and with the lack of Ryu this season she's making a push for the #1 spot (though she wont get it cause Ryu is GOATED)
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 11, 2022 8:59 PM
Dec 2017
AnimeCaboose said:
Anyone know when the dub eps are going to start rolloing out? Technically they've already released 5 eps if you count Ep 0, And most anime either start releasing Dubs once the 1-3 Sub Ep has come out, Starting to get a little worried!

No need to fear. They announce it, though the bad news is that you'll have to wait up until next season sadly.
Aug 11, 2022 10:22 PM
Nov 2021
Damn.. this is one of my favourite series.. especially with the love interest who is kind of cold and even almost killed bell last season!

That being said, season 3 was rocky for me with how it started off but ended with a bang, this season has been NON stop action from the get go with cliff hanger after cliff hanger!! A giant evil moss monster, using intelligence!! TERRIFYING hah.

It's great that Bell has an instant connection with the Xenos and some people act like that is a surprise but keep in mind, Marie knows Lido and the other Xenos and you can BET they all talk tales of heroics when it comes to Bell.

Need more of this universe right now. >.>
Aug 11, 2022 10:38 PM
Jul 2017
the episode is so good i feel like crying .______.
Aug 11, 2022 10:46 PM
Apr 2021
Fuckkkk this gotta be one of the few times where an anime episode ended and I was mad asf that it ended shit lasted for like 10 minutes😭
Aug 12, 2022 12:00 AM

Jan 2020
You know she's best girl when she makes you lick and swallow things. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I legit thought this Moss dude was about to start dual-wielding crab claws like swords, lmao. That would've been both ridiculous and amazing.

Sheesh, this episode went by really fast too. This is getting good and it's only the first major battle. I'm actually looking forward to this being 2-cour. With all the hype, I can't see the Bell and Moss battle being anything short of epic.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 12, 2022 1:52 AM

Jun 2020
You'd think that after all that he's seen, Bell would be a bit less fazed by boobs but... nope. That healing sure is convenient, tho the fingering caught me off guard. I wonder what that Kokonoe stuff does? If they weren't underground i'd expect Haruhime to summon a meteor like this:

Aug 12, 2022 2:47 AM

Aug 2013
This episode felt so short. :(

It was great seeing the party hold their own against all those monsters. It was nice for Aisha to give them proper praise.

Bell running around with Marie was quite funny.

Aug 12, 2022 5:02 AM

Oct 2016
Fuck you show and fuck that cliffhanger.

Great episode! Always hilarious when Bell freaks our from women, Matsuoka just goes how many octaves higher lmao. Aye, let's go, Bell actually picked up a girl in a dungeon.

Aisha's right, it's pretty dope that the party is holding up really well even without Bell. Mikoto was fucking cool though, glad she got a moment, that Zekka move is great, iai techniques will never not be cool. Anyway, Mikoto underrated.

Moss Huge still terrifying I see, it's smart, but not capable of empathy, unlike the Xenos, so that shit is dangerous.

Seriously though, fuck that cliffhanger, can't wait to see Haruhime's improved skill or a completely new skill, I'm not sure.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

228 by AnchientProphet2 »»
May 26, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2022

235 by hypergoob »»
May 8, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

102 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2022

67 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2022

81 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.